PDA

View Full Version : APP State Schedule ? We need help!

phillyAPP
March 29th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Its starting to get under my skin. We may have to schedule a high school for our open dates.

I wish they would just end the drama, we have Michigan, lets just fill out the dates. Is there anyone left to play?

xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

PantherRob82
March 29th, 2007, 06:22 PM
I heard we were thinking about it, but I doubt we will because no one will want to go on the road first.

catamount man
March 29th, 2007, 09:10 PM
From another site I read, Appalachian State will fill the 2 remaining slots with Savannah State and division 2 Glenville State out of the WVIAC.

go catamounts!!!

Mr. C
March 29th, 2007, 09:46 PM
I ran into Associate Athletic Director Jay Sutton today. I asked him how scheduling was going for football. He just laughed and told me how "fun" it had been. From that conversation I don't know whether to believe the rumors of Savannah State and Glenville State or not.

UNHWildCats
March 29th, 2007, 10:19 PM
From another site I read, Appalachian State will fill the 2 remaining slots with Savannah State and division 2 Glenville State out of the WVIAC.

go catamounts!!!

the wisdom behind Savnnah state was that Elon hadnt announced there schedule and thus a game between Elon and ASU was in discussion to be moved but with Elon announcing the schudule this week would lead one to think no discussions are ongoing to change the game.

This still leaves ASU without a common open date with Savannah

ButlerGSU
March 29th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't want to schedule Savannah State because you never know if they will have enough players to play by the time the season gets here.

UNHWildCats
March 29th, 2007, 10:29 PM
And Butler connects below the belt LOL :D

ButlerGSU
March 29th, 2007, 10:31 PM
And Butler connects below the belt LOL :D

Just being honest, brutally honest.

appfan2008
March 30th, 2007, 12:11 AM
wow how many threads will there be on this subject.. we all want to know and we all know it is taking a long time but jeez

I personally think Watauga high is open every saturday and would be happy to come over and play... in that case why dont we bring independence up here from charlotte they are pretty damn good

bobcatalum05
March 30th, 2007, 09:26 AM
You guys still owe TXST a game, why dont you guys call TXST and get them to cancel their DIV II game with Abilene Christian.

If this happened our first three games would be; Cal Poly, App State, and Baylor. Talk about a rough start, sounds almost crazy. Not sure if we would be interested, but I would rather see us play a top DI-AA team over a DII. Not to mention if we beat APP. State we would get credit in the win column towards playoffs, beating Abilene Christian does very little towards going to the playoffs.

89Hen
March 30th, 2007, 09:27 AM
I heard we were thinking about it, but I doubt we will because no one will want to go on the road first.
Isn't that a sad state? Thanks a lot Montana.xcoolx xsmiley_wix :p

89Hen
March 30th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I ran into Associate Athletic Director Jay Sutton today. I asked him how scheduling was going for football. He just laughed and told me how "fun" it had been. From that conversation I don't know whether to believe the rumors of Savannah State and Glenville State or not.
As long as he didn't say people were just to skeered to play ASU.;)

appfan2008
March 30th, 2007, 09:37 AM
I wish we could get a home and home with an elite fcs team like delaware or ysu or uni or ndsu or the one we all want montana

CopperCat
March 30th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Isn't that a sad state? Thanks a lot Montana.xcoolx xsmiley_wix :p

What?xconfusedx

Mr. C
March 30th, 2007, 09:55 AM
You guys still owe TXST a game, why dont you guys call TXST and get them to cancel their DIV II game with Abilene Christian.

If this happened our first three games would be; Cal Poly, App State, and Baylor. Talk about a rough start, sounds almost crazy. Not sure if we would be interested, but I would rather see us play a top DI-AA team over a DII. Not to mention if we beat APP. State we would get credit in the win column towards playoffs, beating Abilene Christian does very little towards going to the playoffs.
The Appalachian State-Texas State game in 2004 was a one-time only deal. ASU paid Texas State a guarantee to come and play. I would love to see these two teams do a home and home contract.

adrianb
March 30th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Paging Mr. Waters
Paging an Edward Waters

89Hen
March 30th, 2007, 10:01 AM
I wish we could get a home and home with an elite fcs team like delaware or ysu or uni or ndsu or the one we all want montana
Not sure why you couldn't. UD has done home and homes with YSU, GSU and has one coming up with FU.

Mr. C
March 30th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Delaware and Appalachian State nearly played last year (which would have probably meant a rematch in 2007), but a certain coach nixed the game (I leave it to your imagination who that coach was).

Peems
March 30th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Delaware and Appalachian State nearly played last year (which would have probably meant a rematch in 2007), but a certain coach nixed the game (I leave it to your imagination who that coach was).

Jerry Moore...xsmiley_wix

bcrawf
March 30th, 2007, 11:36 AM
I am starting to think from things I have heard around UNI that App State is coming to Cedar Falls on October 6....

AppState09
March 30th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Has UNI released their 2007 schedule? I didn't see one on their website.

UNHWildCats
March 30th, 2007, 12:36 PM
nope they have 2 open dates Oct 6 and Sep 22

whitey
March 30th, 2007, 12:46 PM

You already have one with JMU, you just need a second. xrotatehx

UNI MadCat
March 30th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Let me preface this by saying that I would LOVE to see us play ASU either up here or down there. However, honestly, does anyone see it as even a remote possibility or even a smart decision for either school in every single facet of this equation besides the actual "fun" value of the game?? Financially, who ever goes on the road loses a home game. With the addition of our game vs Iowa State and ASU's vs Michigan, both teams stand a scary chance of having 2 losses outside of the conference. One more slip up along the way (with over half the games on the road) and you are living on the FCS playoff edge the rest of the year. It just doesn't make sense to me. The risk-reward seems too lopsided.

Again, besides the "fun" value of this game, someone explain to me how this is even close to coming to fruition? I just dont see it.

UNHWildCats
March 30th, 2007, 01:51 PM
very good point madcat

lizrdgizrd
March 30th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Let me preface this by saying that I would LOVE to see us play ASU either up here or down there. However, honestly, does anyone see it as even a remote possibility or even a smart decision for either school in every single facet of this equation besides the actual "fun" value of the game?? Financially, who ever goes on the road loses a home game. With the addition of our game vs Iowa State and ASU's vs Michigan, both teams stand a scary chance of having 2 losses outside of the conference. One more slip up along the way (with over half the games on the road) and you are living on the FCS playoff edge the rest of the year. It just doesn't make sense to me. The risk-reward seems too lopsided.

Again, besides the "fun" value of this game, someone explain to me how this is even close to coming to fruition? I just dont see it.
Why would we play against JMU? That game worked out ok. Both teams made the playoffs last season. xnodx

UNI MadCat
March 30th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Why would we play against JMU? That game worked out ok. Both teams made the playoffs last season. xnodx

I think you are kind of missing my point.

Dude, if you guys want to come up to the Dome, I'm all for it. There's no question that it would be the biggest home game at UNI since 1992 when Idaho came to town and it was #1 vs #2.

I'm just assuming your athletic department would have no interest in the deal nor would ours in the reverse even if both teams ended up making the playoffs.

If anything, I think the financial issue would be the biggest hurdle for either side to get over.

lizrdgizrd
March 30th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Dude, if you guys want to come up to the Dome, I'm all for it. There's no question that it would be the biggest home game at UNI since 1992 when Idaho came to town and it was #1 vs #2.

I'm just assuming your athletic department would have no interest in the deal nor would ours in the reverse even if both teams ended up making the playoffs.

If anything, I think the financial issue would be the biggest hurdle for either side to get over.
Well, the fact that it's our homecoming weekend might preclude us from traveling up to Cedar Falls. Other than that, I'd think if we did a home/home everyone would come out ahead. xnodx

appfan2008
March 30th, 2007, 03:53 PM
It sure would be fun but it really isnt a realistic possibility and by all accounts asu is filling the rest of their schedule with as many guarantee wins as possible... and going to uni or having uni coming here does not qualify as such

UNI MadCat
March 30th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Well, the fact that it's our homecoming weekend might preclude us from traveling up to Cedar Falls.

Smart@$$ comment aside, I have yet to find anything on the ASU site that says for sure that 10/6 is homecoming. If you have a source and wouldn't mind providing it without any cute remarks, could you?

Honestly, I have zero thoughts that this game will happen. There is just a little rumor going around up in UNI land, and before it spirals out of control, I thought I would come on here and see if anyone had some more solid info.

appfan2008
March 30th, 2007, 04:05 PM
once again i really dont think it will happen and if you checked our site for homecoming info... you checked the wrong thing... goasu as a rule is one of the worst sites i have ever had to deal with... it would be nice to get something worked out with another quality opponent but a)i dont think it will happen and b)we are already playing @um, @jmu, @furman, @wofford and i dont think another extremely difficult game would be the right way to go

UNI MadCat
March 30th, 2007, 04:16 PM
once again i really dont think it will happen and if you checked our site for homecoming info... you checked the wrong thing... goasu as a rule is one of the worst sites i have ever had to deal with... it would be nice to get something worked out with another quality opponent but a)i dont think it will happen and b)we are already playing @um, @jmu, @furman, @wofford and i dont think another extremely difficult game would be the right way to go

I was checking the actual appstate.edu site. That took me into the alumni page where there is a page devoted to Homecoming, but it hasn't been updated since '06. The only reason this interests me is because its a slow Friday afternoon here at the office. xcoffeex

appfan2008
March 30th, 2007, 04:19 PM
yeah appstate.edu will not get you anything but i mean goasu.com may be better

Mr. C
March 30th, 2007, 05:08 PM
App State's game at JMU is in 2008.

appfan2008
March 30th, 2007, 06:11 PM
App State's game at JMU is in 2008.
haha i knew that Mr. C!

dou

UNI MadCat
April 2nd, 2007, 10:53 AM
Well, the fact that it's our homecoming weekend might preclude us from traveling up to Cedar Falls. Other than that, I'd think if we did a home/home everyone would come out ahead. xnodx

I did something novel --- I checked with the source rather than just reporting something as fact. I called App State University's alumni department (call for yourself if you would like -- 866-756-ALUM) and talked to a very nice person that informed me that in NO WAY has homecoming been scheduled for OCTOBER 6th. When I said to her that I thought I had heard that it was on October 6th, she told me that this is their PREFERRED date but it all depends on the football team and they are more than prepared to move the date to whenever the closest game is to that date and that there is no guarantee that there will be a home game on 10/6.

So, bottom line, that leaves the prospect of a UNI/ASU still very much up in the air, and its location even moreso.

lizrdgizrd
April 2nd, 2007, 10:55 AM
I did something novel --- I checked with the source rather than just reporting something as fact. I called App State University's alumni department (call for yourself if you would like -- 866-756-ALUM) and talked to a very nice person that informed me that in NO WAY has homecoming been scheduled for OCTOBER 6th. When I said to her that I thought I had heard that it was on October 6th, she told me that this is their PREFERRED date but it all depends on the football team and they are more than prepared to move the date to whenever the closest game is to that date and that there is no guarantee that there will be a home game on 10/6.

So, bottom line, that leaves the prospect of a UNI/ASU still very much up in the air, and its location even moreso.
Ok.xrolleyesx

appfan2008
April 2nd, 2007, 01:28 PM

congratulations on the research! wow that is some tough work... xcoolx xrolleyesx ;) xcoffeex xnonono2x
i wish i could come up with something like that

lizrdgizrd
April 2nd, 2007, 01:41 PM
congratulations on the research! wow that is some tough work... xcoolx xrolleyesx ;) xcoffeex xnonono2x
i wish i could come up with something like that
I'm just glad he did it so I wouldn't have to. I'm much to lazy. xthumbsupx