PDA

View Full Version : NAU Football Kicks Off Spring Practice April 3

dbackjon
March 28th, 2007, 09:07 PM
After doubling their win total and posting one of top turnarounds in the nation last season, the Northern Arizona University football team enters spring practice next week with optimism and momentum. NAU returns 39 letterwinners highlighted by consensus All-American Alex Watson among nine starters on offense. Overall, 14 starters return in 2007.
“We took a lot of information from 2006 and learned a lot about ourselves,” said Head Coach Jerome Souers. “The key is to build on it and not relearn the mistakes that we made. We let a couple games go last fall that we know we should have had.”

The Lumberjacks went 6-5 overall with a 4-3 record in Big Sky Conference play to finish fourth overall.

Souers will be challenged to replace Walter Payton Award runner-up Jason Murrietta at quarterback.

http://nau.newtier.com/index.php?module=pnNews&tid=18&sid=1559

catbob
March 28th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Who is in the lead to replace JM?

GreenDay17
April 1st, 2007, 08:03 AM
NAU got a transfer QB from Fresno State by the name of Sean Norton. He just happened to be a Parade All-American out of Hart HS in So Cal. A very good player that I was extremely disappointed did not go to Portland State. He has great accuracy, toughness, intangibles and it pains me (being both a Fresno State alum and a Portland State fan) to see him in Flagstaff. I thought he would be worth an additional 3 wins a season in Portland. A great addition to the Lumberjack squad.

CopperCat
April 1st, 2007, 07:59 PM
NAU got a transfer QB from Fresno State by the name of Sean Norton. He just happened to be a Parade All-American out of Hart HS in So Cal. A very good player that I was extremely disappointed did not go to Portland State. He has great accuracy, toughness, intangibles and it pains me (being both a Fresno State alum and a Portland State fan) to see him in Flagstaff. I thought he would be worth an additional 3 wins a season in Portland. A great addition to the Lumberjack squad.

Interesting stuff. I hope NAU does get better so that there aren't the same three teams at the top again this year. I've always HATED NAU (because they are perenially pretty good, I actually respect them) and I cheer extra hard at those games. If memory serves me right, I think you guys come to our house this year. Can't wait to see what you guys are doing down there!

Jackluv
April 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM
i heard that norton kid transferred to NAU too. supposed to be pretty good. i think they have another qb who also played wr this year in the mix as well.

catbob
April 2nd, 2007, 06:01 AM
Didn't an Army QB transfer to NAU last year?