PDA

View Full Version : James Madison @ Villanova

Gangtackle11
October 7th, 2018, 07:01 AM
James Madison (4-2; 2-1) @ Villanova (3-3; 0-3)

The Dukies coming into the Main Line angry & the Wildcats are reeling at 0-3 in CAA play.

jmu007
October 7th, 2018, 07:09 AM
Family and I will be at this one. Should be a good game. We'll see how much JMU's young offense learned at the hands of Elon this week vs the 3-3-5 stack defense.

RootinFerDukes
October 7th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Will Bednarczyk still be out for this game? That will make a big difference in the likely trajectory of this match up.

How’s the Villanova D performing this year? I haven’t yet examined the stats.

You’d think VU is probably going to get punched in the mouth by a pissed JMU squad, but I’ll believe it when I see it after the egg we just laid.

caribbeanhen
October 7th, 2018, 09:44 AM
https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm

according to the computer composite rankings, 4 of the top #25 teams in the nation will be playing within 25 miles of each other

Henny
October 7th, 2018, 06:56 PM

according to the computer composite rankings, 4 of the top #25 teams in the nation will be playing within 25 miles of each other

Give or take 20 miles Carib..:)

caribbeanhen
October 7th, 2018, 07:43 PM
Give or take 20 miles Carib..:)

been gone too long Henny, is it really 45 miles from Newark to Nova, it must seem like 100 driving back all these years, it is time to change that

Calling GangTackle, Ursus is looking for you

Gangtackle11
October 8th, 2018, 04:34 AM
Will Bednarczyk still be out for this game? That will make a big difference in the likely trajectory of this match up.

How’s the Villanova D performing this year? I haven’t yet examined the stats.

You’d think VU is probably going to get punched in the mouth by a pissed JMU squad, but I’ll believe it when I see it after the egg we just laid.

The hope is Bednarczyk will be ready this week. We put up pedestrian effort on offense at Maine with the backup. Not all on him as our OL had troubles with an aggressive Maine front 7.

Im not sure what Villanova team will show up this week. Definitely a box a chocolates so far. Nova is 3-0 in state (Temple, Lehigh, & Bucknell) & 0-3 vs. the other 49 states. I can see them making a stand this Saturday (20% chance) or imploding (80% chance).

A season that started with such promise now is close to a dumpster fire being ignited. Team goes 5-6 or so again it’s time to start thinking that this staff doesn’t have what it takes to lead Nova. So far it’s excuses over execution. xpeacex

CHIP72
October 8th, 2018, 06:23 AM

I concur with the thought above about Villanova and Delaware being more than 25 miles apart; driving-wise I'm guessing they are more like 40 miles apart.

If one wants to say "within 75 miles of Newark, DE", you can add two more teams (Princeton and Towson), and if one wants to say "the top 35 teams", you can also add a 7th team (Penn).

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2018, 09:37 AM
How the bleep did Villanova beat Temple?!?! It feels like last year all over again.

As for this one, JMU should win comfortably. The Wildcats defense will keep it close until it tires. JMU 37-17.

jmu007
October 8th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Maybe. If JMU can figure out how to pick up the safety vs the 3-3-5 The running backs should have a solid day. If not, another slugfest I.e. Elon.

Gangtackle11
October 8th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Maybe. If JMU can figure out how to pick up the safety vs the 3-3-5 The running backs should have a solid day. If not, another slugfest I.e. Elon.

Nova run defense has been tough in recent years despite a 3-3-5. (3rd in CAA behind Maine & JMU)

This game will only be a slugfest if Zach Bednarczyk is back at QB & Nova hasn’t quit with an 0-3 CAA start. They have the talent, but do they response to this staff? With the exception of Temple this team plays uninspired football a lot. xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
October 8th, 2018, 12:03 PM
The hope is Bednarczyk will be ready this week. We put up pedestrian effort on offense at Maine with the backup. Not all on him as our OL had troubles with an aggressive Maine front 7.

Im not sure what Villanova team will show up this week. Definitely a box a chocolates so far. Nova is 3-0 in state (Temple, Lehigh, & Bucknell) & 0-3 vs. the other 49 states. I can see them making a stand this Saturday (20% chance) or imploding (80% chance).

A season that started with such promise now is close to a dumpster fire being ignited. Team goes 5-6 or so again it’s time to start thinking that this staff doesn’t have what it takes to lead Nova. So far it’s excuses over execution. xpeacex

I do think VU needs bednarczyk to have a chance. This will be a pissed off JMU team and they’ll blow you out if you let them.
You would’ve been more likely to upset had we not lost last week.

hoidOfYolen
October 8th, 2018, 12:15 PM
How the bleep did Villanova beat Temple?!?! It feels like last year all over again.

As for this one, JMU should win comfortably. The Wildcats defense will keep it close until it tires. JMU 37-17.

Well, they did have Bednarczyk.

hoidOfYolen
October 8th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Nova run defense has been tough in recent years despite a 3-3-5. (3rd in CAA behind Maine & JMU)

This game will only be a slugfest if Zach Bednarczyk is back at QB & Nova hasn’t quit with an 0-3 CAA start. They have the talent, but do they response to this staff? With the exception of Temple this team plays uninspired football a lot. xpeacex

I feel like it's a myth that a 3-3-5 defense makes you less effective against the run. All it does is make you less predictable and make assignment football that much more important.

Gangtackle11
October 8th, 2018, 12:22 PM
I do think VU needs bednarczyk to have a chance. This will be a pissed off JMU team and they’ll blow you out if you let them.
You would’ve been more likely to upset had we not lost last week.

Thus my reasoning for a 20% chance of a Wildcat victory. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
October 8th, 2018, 12:25 PM
I feel like it's a myth that a 3-3-5 defense makes you less effective against the run. All it does is make you less predictable and make assignment football that much more important.

You have our coach running it. Wished he had stayed.

caribbeanhen
October 8th, 2018, 12:51 PM
any Elon fans up for starting the Elon At Delaware thread?

would like to learn more about you guys but dont want to agitate GT and Dukie after their tough losses xcoffeex

CappinHard
October 8th, 2018, 03:28 PM
JMU slated as 14 point favorites. Total at 42.

Gangtackle11
October 9th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Line @5dimes is now JMU -17 (o/u 44 1/2)

RootinFerDukes
October 10th, 2018, 05:24 AM
MH says he believes Bednarczyk will be back for this game. Any word from the Villanova side?

Gangtackle11
October 10th, 2018, 09:09 AM
MH says he believes Bednarczyk will be back for this game. Any word from the Villanova side?

It will be a game time decision. xpeacex

- - - Updated - - -

JMU Game Notes:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/jmusports.com/documents/2018/10/9/JMU_Notes_vs_Villanova.pdf

Gangtackle11
October 10th, 2018, 10:08 AM

Nova obviously needs ZB to have a chance in this game, but if he’s not anywhere near himself it may make sense for Nova to shut him down. Nova has a bye the following week. That would hopefully give ZB time to heal and be healthier for games vs. UNH, @Richmond, W&M, @Delaware. All 4 games are winnable in my eyes with ZB. Win out at 7-4 & hope it’s good enough w/Temple win to get in.

Playing an injured ZB in a game where Nova wouldn’t be expected to win may not be the smart decision. xpeacex

PS: our OL is beat up also & that needs to be a consideration in any ZB decision.

RootinFerDukes
October 10th, 2018, 10:23 AM
It will be a game time decision. xpeacex

- - - Updated - - -

JMU Game Notes:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/jmusports.com/documents/2018/10/9/JMU_Notes_vs_Villanova.pdf

Dang. I was hoping you'd show your cards. haha

You sound like Mike Houston with keeping injury news incredibly close to the vest. IF he announces a player out, it's usually just minutes before the game.

Gangtackle11
October 10th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Dang. I was hoping you'd show your cards. haha

You sound like Mike Houston with keeping injury news incredibly close to the vest. IF he announces a player out, it's usually just minutes before the game.

Haha. He dressed for warm-ups at Maine. He walked out for captains handshake/coin flip in sweats. I would imagine more of the same this week. It will take a Herculean effort by Nova if he isn’t ready to go. xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
October 10th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Haha. He dressed for warm-ups at Maine. He walked out for captains handshake/coin flip in sweats. I would imagine more of the same this week. It will take a Herculean effort by Nova if he isn’t ready to go. xpeacex

That or 30 critical mistakes and 10 favorable calls from officials resulting in 14 points off the board. You know, the usual stuff that results in upsets.

Gangtackle11
October 10th, 2018, 12:23 PM
That or 30 critical mistakes and 10 favorable calls from officials resulting in 14 points off the board. You know, the usual stuff that results in upsets.

Turnover margin must be at least +2 or so. Nova is no slouch, but they are lost without Bednarczyk. I would expect the defense to keep them in the game to some degree, but if Nova doesn’t move the ball consistently or have huge turnover margin it will be a double digit to an embarrassing loss.

Best option is to get healthy with bye week @ 3-4. Run the table. Hope that the playoff contenders behind Elon & JMU falter. Fall to the mercy of the selection committee at 7-4 and Temple win. Probably not enough, but it’s close enough to dream. That scenario will not sting as much especially since we will take out the Filthy Dirty Birds again in New-ark! xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
October 10th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Turnover margin must be at least +2 or so. Nova is no slouch, but they are lost without Bednarczyk. I would expect the defense to keep them in the game to some degree, but if Nova doesn’t move the ball consistently or have huge turnover margin it will be a double digit to an embarrassing loss.

Best option is to get healthy with bye week @ 3-4. Run the table. Hope that the playoff contenders behind Elon & JMU falter. Fall to the mercy of the selection committee at 7-4 and Temple win. Probably not enough, but it’s close enough to dream. That scenario will not sting as much especially since we will take out the Filthy Dirty Birds again in New-ark! xpeacex

I LOL every time you point out that you keep beating UD, despite the season they're having.

Gangtackle11
October 10th, 2018, 01:18 PM
I LOL every time you point out that you keep beating UD, despite the season they're having.

They have beaten Lafayette, Cornell, & Richmond. Nova at least beat Temple. I don’t think they have much to be crowing about just yet & Nova isn’t going to be scared off by any team they have beaten like a rented mule. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
October 10th, 2018, 03:23 PM

If you can come out strong and stick JMU early, they might start doubting how good they are

Anyone seen Brian Schor? JMU misses you

Gangtackle11
October 10th, 2018, 03:55 PM
If you can come out strong and stick JMU early, they might start doubting how good they are

No shot w/o Bednarczyk. We are not a very good offensive team otherwise. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
October 11th, 2018, 07:51 AM
Vegas Line has jumped from 14 to 21 point favorite for the Dukies. Maybe they know who Nova’s QB will be on Saturday? xpeacex

Gangtackle11
October 11th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Vegas Line has jumped from 14 to 21 point favorite for the Dukies. Maybe they know who Nova’s QB will be on Saturday? xpeacex

Now JMU -23. I think it’s quite obvious that someone knows something about our QB. Ugh! xpeacex

caribbeanhen
October 11th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Now JMU -23. I think it’s quite obvious that someone knows something about our QB. Ugh! xpeacex

Wow, it appears the mob is alive in well in Philly

curious if Lawson is playing, I guess I should check the line

Gangtackle11
October 11th, 2018, 07:16 PM
Wow, it appears the mob is alive in well in Philly

curious if Lawson is playing, I guess I should check the line

It appears so. I’m just hoping they didn’t kidnap him. xpeacex

Schism55
October 11th, 2018, 07:34 PM
JMU comes out focused and pissed...this is a mudhole stomping. Sorry 'cat fans

Gangtackle11
October 12th, 2018, 05:48 AM
JMU comes out focused and pissed...this is a mudhole stomping. Sorry 'cat fans

No doubt if we play without our #1 QB. xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
October 12th, 2018, 07:19 AM

What's obvious is that Vegas lines are as useful as a degree from Liberty.

Gangtackle11
October 12th, 2018, 09:18 AM
What's obvious is that Vegas lines are as useful as a degree from Liberty.

Ill be happy with a moral victory game if ZB is indeed out. Rest up with the bye week. Try to win the last 4 which are all winnable with ZB. Finish 7-4 with Temple win & lean on the mercy of the selection committee!

Fall Short & start the search for a FBS transfer QB. xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
October 12th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Ill be happy with a moral victory game if ZB is indeed out. Rest up with the bye week. Try to win the last 4 which are all winnable with ZB. Finish 7-4 with Temple win & lean on the mercy of the selection committee!

Fall Short & start the search for a FBS transfer QB. xpeacex

We had trouble containing McClosky last year when he came off the bench. It was too little, too late, but he showed promise. Schetelich has looked disappointing though. I wouldn't be surprised to see McClosky win the starting job over him next year.

Gangtackle11
October 12th, 2018, 10:14 AM
We had trouble containing McClosky last year when he came off the bench. It was too little, too late, but he showed promise. Schetelich has looked disappointing though. I wouldn't be surprised to see McClosky win the starting job over him next year.

McCloskey transferred to Penn State to pursue basketball career. We have a RS frosh 6’7” QB named Qadir Ishmail. You may know his father “The Missile”. He’s raw, but he may be called upon at some point. xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
October 12th, 2018, 11:41 AM
McCloskey transferred to Penn State to pursue basketball career. We have a RS frosh 6’7” QB named Qadir Ishmail. You may know his father “The Missile”. He’s raw, but he may be called upon at some point. xpeacex

Dang I somehow missed that news. That's disappointing.

Gangtackle11
October 12th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Dang I somehow missed that news. That's disappointing.

Like our season sans Temple win. Looking forward to our annual New-ark upset to lessen the pain!!! xpeacex

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2018, 09:03 AM
any tv streaming for this one?

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/caa/

$7.95

xsmhx

jmu007
October 13th, 2018, 11:23 AM
#14 is not warming up and is not in pads.

RootinFerDukes
October 13th, 2018, 11:31 AM
#14 is not warming up and is not in pads.

I'll believe he's not playing when he doesn't go out for the entire first half. :)

jmu007
October 13th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Lol, pretty sure he’s out at this point.

RootinFerDukes
October 13th, 2018, 03:47 PM
Lol, pretty sure he’s out at this point.

Everyone and the water boy got a series at QB today for Nova. Injuries continue to plague them in Ferrante's tenure. Underwhelming offensive game by JMU.

Gangtackle11
October 13th, 2018, 08:34 PM
Congrats to JMU. Nova offense is a dumpster fire. Special teams are a dumpster fire. Defense folds eventually under over exposure. xpeacex

Ivytalk
October 13th, 2018, 08:52 PM
Congrats to JMU. Nova offense is a dumpster fire. Special teams are a dumpster fire. Defense folds eventually under over exposure. xpeacex
So maybe Delaware has a chance this year.

jmu007
October 13th, 2018, 08:54 PM
I hope not. I don’t want to depend on tiebreakers haha

Gangtackle11
October 13th, 2018, 09:37 PM

Nova has a bye coming this week. Get UNH (1-5), @ Richmond (3-4), and W&M (2-4). Nova gets the QB back they have a chance to be 6-4 going to Delaware. Best we can hope for. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2018, 09:49 PM

...YES.....YES WE DO.......WE....DROPPED ELON......LIKE......LATIN 101......WHO.....DROPPED....DUH DOOKIES........LIKE....ELI MANNING.....IN FANTASY LEAGUE...........WHO...DROPPED 'NOVA.......LIKE UH UN-WANTED CAT........ON UH COUNTRY ROAD.......xsmashx........BRAWK!

RootinFerDukes
October 14th, 2018, 08:34 AM
...YES.....YES WE DO.......WE....DROPPED ELON......LIKE......LATIN 101......WHO.....DROPPED....DUH DOOKIES........LIKE....ELI MANNING.....IN FANTASY LEAGUE...........WHO...DROPPED 'NOVA.......LIKE UH UN-WANTED CAT........ON UH COUNTRY ROAD.......xsmashx........BRAWK!

.....WHO...DROPPED BIZON.... TWO YEARS BACK... GUARANTEED HENS TITLE.... BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2018, 08:36 AM
Amos

does that guy have nickname yet?

what a talent

StrikeJMU
October 14th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Amos

does that guy have nickname yet?

what a talent

If its not "Famous Amos" than what are we doing here?

jmu007
October 14th, 2018, 08:58 AM
If its not "Famous Amos" than what are we doing here?

He truly is a threat to take back every single ball that’s put up in the air. I’ve never seen anything like it. His ability to catch the ball in traffic and make defenders miss on the first move is amazing.

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2018, 09:01 AM
He truly is a threat to take back every single ball that’s put up in the air. I’ve never seen anything like it. His ability to catch the ball in traffic and make defenders miss on the first move is amazing.

why is he not playing at Alabama? he looks that good to me

jmu007
October 14th, 2018, 09:07 AM
why is he not playing at Alabama? he looks that good to me

And to think his offers listed on rivals at the time were Army, JMU, VMI, and Davidson. Talk about finding a diamond in your backyard. (Richmond, VA)

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2018, 08:35 PM

turning out to be the understatement of the season