PDA

View Full Version : Alabama State Hornets' 2007 Schedule

BigApp
March 26th, 2007, 02:39 PM
09/01 Jacksonville State
09/08 @ Texas Southern
09/15 @ Arkansas-Pine Bluff
09/22 Alcorn State
09/29 Southern (34th Gulf Coast Classic Mobile, Alabama)
10/06 @ Jackson State
10/13 Prairie View A&M
10/20 OPEN
10/27 Alabama A&M (66th Magic City Classic Birmingham)
11/03 Grambling State
11/10 @ Mississippi Valley State
11/22 Tuskegee (84th Turkey Day Classic)

http://bamastatesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/alst-m-footbl-sched.html

jstate83
March 26th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Now the only question is who will coach them.xnodx
COE is leaving for an NFL job...................He quit today as Alabama States head coach.xnodx

COE leaving Alabama State (http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070326/SPORTS/70326010/1001)

Coe tells trustee he's leaving Alabama State

Charlie Coe is leaving Alabama State University.
ASU trustee and athletic committee chairman Herbert Young said Coe phoned him this morning to inform him of his decision to leave ASU after four seasons.

“I thanked him for his time here and wished him well,” Young said.

A meeting was scheduled between Coe, ASU president Joe Lee and athletic director Ron Dickerson at 10 this morning. But Young said the school would not be extending any offer to Coe.

“(Coe) indicated that it wouldn’t matter, that he was leaving regardless,” Young said.

Something funky going on in Montgomery....................xeekx

BigApp
March 26th, 2007, 03:54 PM
that's certainly interesting timing!

jstate83
March 26th, 2007, 04:20 PM
that's certainly interesting timing!

He been warning them for 2 years about a contract extention and salary issues...............not knowing when his last day would be from season to season.

Guess he got fed up keeping his family guessing about stability.
And it ain't over yet cause another coach there, COPELAND, is probably leaving now that COE is gone.xnodx

"I'm just waiting around right now to see how all of this plays out," Copeland said. "Nothing has been finalized on the offer from Morehouse yet, so I just want to wait a little longer and see what happens here with this situation with Charlie."

appfan2008
March 26th, 2007, 04:39 PM
not a bad schedule though

TexasTerror
March 26th, 2007, 05:35 PM
not a bad schedule though

Glad to see Alabama St is going to test an FCS school in Jacksonville State...very curious to see how they do against Div II Tuskegee, a school that has given SWAC foes fits...atleast under Comegy, now at Jackson St...

BigApp
March 26th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I guess he could say he gave them Due Warning then! xlolx

JaxSinfonian
March 26th, 2007, 11:18 PM
09/01 Jacksonville State

Very glad to see this game happening (I'll be even happier to see it on our schedule when that's finally released). We have played only two games against the Hornets in all our history, despite them being just two and a half hours down the highway. We're 1-1, picking up a 24-14 win at home in1980, and losing 20-14 in Montgomery the next year.

With Samford dropping us after this year, still not being on speaking terms with A&M, and Troy fading into history, we could use another in-state opponent.

BgJag
March 27th, 2007, 02:35 AM
very curious to see how they do against Div II Tuskegee, a school that has given SWAC foes fits...atleast under Comegy, now at Jackson St...

What SWAC foes other than Ala St they gives fits?

TexasTerror
March 27th, 2007, 06:30 AM
What SWAC foes other than Ala St they gives fits?

Thought they had played more SWAC foes. I was wrong. They went 2-0 in 2005 with the other win coming against Pine Bluff...

Sep 24, 2005 St. Louis, MO Tuskegee University 13, Ark.-Pine Bluff 9

JaxSinfonian
March 27th, 2007, 08:30 AM
very curious to see how they do against Div II Tuskegee, a school that has given SWAC foes fits

The Tuskegee-Alabama State game is a regular feature, the annual Turkey Day Classic, and has been played for more than 80 years, I think. This guy says it was the original HBCU "classic" game (http://www.collegeview.com/articles/CV/hbcu/classic_games.html).

Tuskegee won last year's game 17-10.

Cocky
March 27th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Tuskegee has several old JSU coaches on staff. Plus one great JSU player in Montressa Kirby.

Tuskegee isn't your normal D-II the Tuskegee brand has national power.

jstate83
March 27th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Tuskegee has several old JSU coaches on staff. Plus one great JSU player in Montressa Kirby.

Tuskegee isn't your normal D-II the Tuskegee brand has national power.

We ain't played them in a while but we have never come close to losing to them.xnonox
They just got Bamma States number for some reason. xnodx

Cocky
March 27th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I'm just saying Tuskegee is better known than most D-II schools, which wouldn't hurt recruiting.