PDA

View Full Version : Photos of JSU's Scoreboard in progress.

Cocky
March 25th, 2007, 09:02 PM
http://www.jsufan.com/scoreboard/index.html

They are trying hard to have it ready for the J-Day game.

slostang
March 25th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Great addition and very impressive.

Tod
March 25th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah, that's gonna be nice! xnodx xnodx xnodx

appfan2008
March 25th, 2007, 11:48 PM
i agree that should be a real nice addition to your stadium...

by the way how many seats in your stadium...

also i love your band, best i have ever heard or seen

JaxStateManager
March 26th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Capacity is listed at 15,000, its actually about 13,500 or 14,000. The numbers have not been updated since the red stadium seats were installed in front of the press box years ago. I believe that the largest crowd in attendence was like 16,000 or so a few years back when we beat Alabama A&M 20-17 on a Steven Lee 52 yard field goal as time expired.

89Hen
March 26th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Looks like it will be nice; it's only too bad that they couldn't put it in the other endzone where there aren't any seats.

http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/images/articles/84471_scoreboard.jpg

JaxSinfonian
March 26th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Looks like it will be nice; it's only too bad that they couldn't put it in the other endzone where there aren't any seats.

Amen, brother. Haven't heard an explanation on that one yet.

Cocky
March 26th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Amen, brother. Haven't heard an explanation on that one yet.

So Jack can put up a picture of hisself and look at it from his office.

Seriously, I don't understand either unless the distance from the field to the fieldhouse is not great enough. I just hope we get someone creative to operate the board to help the game experience.

MoreheadEagle
March 26th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Looks really nice. I didn't look too closely but it looks like it will be a Hi-Def screen like the ones at many BCS schools. JaxState has one of the best stadiums in the OVC and I hope the stick around for many years.

Cobblestone
March 26th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Looks great! I went to a game there once when I was in Anniston, Alabama in the mid 90's. It appears the stadium has come a long way since then.

JaxSinfonian
March 26th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Cobblestone,

The only big change since then is the field turf, installed prior to the 2005 season. But that alone has made a big difference.

It's a great place to see a game - there's not a bad seat in the house, really. Not only is there no track, but there's not an inch to spare between the sidelines and the front rows. You're right on top of the action.

89Hen
March 26th, 2007, 01:43 PM
The only big change since then is the field turf, installed prior to the 2005 season.
I remember seeing the photos of that installation. I hadn't realized that the colored field turf is actually spliced into the field instead of just painted. xthumbsupx

JaxSinfonian
March 26th, 2007, 01:46 PM
also i love your band, best i have ever heard or seen

Many thanks from a band alum. Glad you enjoyed the Southerners. Where/when did you see them?

GaSouthern
March 26th, 2007, 01:59 PM
wish this was coming to the SoCon xbawlingx

Cocky
March 26th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Went by the stadium and it appears the scoreboard will be somewhere between 60' to 80' wide and 20' to 30' tall. This is total measurement not sure on how much is jumbotron and how much is other.

MplsBison
March 26th, 2007, 07:38 PM

Apparently, the plan is to have the 5k fans sitting in that endzone to tilt their heads directly backwards and then mentally invert the upside down replay.

GeauxColonels
March 26th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Definitely looks good.

That's one stadium I didn't get to go to when I was in the marching band at Nicholls State and JSU was still part of the SLC.

Cocky
March 26th, 2007, 08:22 PM
The one reason could be with the planned expansion. The BOT seems real confident the expansion is going to happen. There have been renderings shown to the public but I'm not sure if the expansion had anything to do with the placement of the board. The other could be if the back of the board is visible from Hwy 21 and they are hoping to sell ads on the back. I will try to see if it is visible from 21 the next time I'm in J'ville.

JaxSinfonian
March 26th, 2007, 11:08 PM
The other could be if the back of the board is visible from Hwy 21 and they are hoping to sell ads on the back. I will try to see if it is visible from 21 the next time I'm in J'ville.

I'd be surprised if it's visible enough from the highway to get any ad money from it. You can probably spot it out from 21, but it would be hard to read any message from that far away, I'd think.

appfan2008
March 26th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Many thanks from a band alum. Glad you enjoyed the Southerners. Where/when did you see them?
Back in high school they would come every year to my counties band expedition (Cobb County in metro ATL) they would be the last band and just blow away and that was the first time I saw a band that big and that good and it has just stuck with me... I was in high school for the falls of (2000-2003)

appfan2008
March 26th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I never realized how close jacksonville is to GA/ATL it really isnt that far

Cocky
March 27th, 2007, 07:23 AM

You can easily be in downtown ATL in 1.5 hrs. J'ville is somewhere around 25 miles from the state line.

JaxSinfonian
March 27th, 2007, 08:22 AM

Western Georgia is our backyard. Students from several western counties in the Peach State within 50 miles of J'ville qualify for in-state tuition at Jax State. Cobb County, sadly, is just outside that line, but we get plenty of students from there anyway, especially in the band.

They've performed at the Cobb County Exhibition for years ... I remember playing at South Cobb High way back in 1994. Glad you got to see the 2003 edition; they were something special.

JaxStateManager
March 27th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Trust me, the scoreboard will be VERY visable from Highway 21. I live on the other side of 21 and can see it very clearly.