PDA

View Full Version : Western Illinois vs Montana

Roamingriz
September 15th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Not seeing this thread, not too late to start in the fourth quarter..... Western Illinois offense hasn't shown up as I imagined there would be, Montana run game is maybe showing signs of life( Midway through the fourth quarter).....

Roamingriz
September 15th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Untimeliest sideline reporter interjections, WTF-not-showing--the-pertinent-replay replays.....

Roamingriz
September 15th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Credit to Griz D but Brunner and Maguire should be leaned on even more

Schism55
September 15th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Steve McShane!!!!

Roamingriz
September 15th, 2018, 06:16 PM
Oh yeah, and that guy ;-)

Schism55
September 15th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Steve McShane strikes again!!

Roamingriz
September 15th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Leathernecks all but closing it down....

Silenoz
September 15th, 2018, 06:31 PM
Talk about giving it away. If we were any threat to contend this year I'd be pissed.

I guess a Valley team other than NDSU can beat us. So long as we try as hard as we can to lose.

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2018, 06:32 PM
Time to go check out Egriz.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Roamingriz
September 15th, 2018, 06:37 PM
The "timecock", the "**** down", the new terms unedited through ESPN+ coverage. There used to be such poor local coverage in the 2000's for MT, but man it's been a while and feeling spoiled with SWX....

Roamingriz
September 15th, 2018, 06:39 PM
Can't step into the egriz turd but I can whiff it before next weekend...... Yep poorly managed and executed at the end

Roamingriz
September 15th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Not to p*** on NAU, but p***ing on NAU I feel better about the griz than I would about the Ljacks. Not to be too sauer on Souers but...... folks call Missouri St. Misery St.......

Redbird 4th & short
September 15th, 2018, 07:10 PM
congrats to WIU ... might be finding their mojo again.

ST_Lawson
September 15th, 2018, 07:15 PM
congrats to WIU ... might be finding their mojo again.

Maybe...we'll see. Still lots of problems to address, but we have two weeks to work on them until a struggling YSU comes to town for our Homecoming game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semobison
September 15th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Not to p*** on NAU, but p***ing on NAU I feel better about the griz than I would about the Ljacks. Not to be too sauer on Souers but...... folks call Missouri St. Misery St.......

At Missouri State is never an easy game. NDSU lost 3-0 down there in 2010 just a few weeks before blasting the Cats in Bozeman in the playoffs.

ST_Lawson
September 15th, 2018, 07:50 PM
At Missouri State is never an easy game. NDSU lost 3-0 down there in 2010 just a few weeks before blasting the Cats in Bozeman in the playoffs.

We seem to often struggle there as well. In our last 6 games against the Bears at their place (that goes back to 2004) we are 2-4 and 2016 (last time we were there) was a battle but we came away with a 3-pt win.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Good job to WIU. Didn't expect to go 3-0 with this team and came close so not overly upset with the OOC this year. You guys have some dangerous weapons for sure.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2018, 08:36 PM
Nice win for the Leathernecks.

Of course I picked against them in the Valley picks....xpissedx

ST_Lawson
September 15th, 2018, 09:10 PM
You guys have some dangerous weapons for sure.

True, but we also have some huge weaknesses that we need to work on. 45 total rushing yards...yeesh. Our transfer WR Brunner (came from Butler CC in Kansas) came up big when we needed him to (170 yards receiving and 2 TDs), but we're going to have a really hard time in the MVFC if we can't move the ball on the ground at all. A 1-dimensional offense will get eaten alive by MVFC defenses. I think that's mostly on the youth of our O-Line...just not opening holes for the RBs. McShane is usually good for 80+ yards nearly every game, but he had 18 yards today on the ground. He also ran back a punt for a TD though, so that shows what he can do if he gets a bit of space. Seemed like every time we had a 1st down, we went with a run up the middle and nearly always got 1-2 yards out of it...which is not a recipe for success.

Special teams is also an issue. Idk if Coach Elliott is trying to get some experience for freshmen by putting them in a game or two on special teams or what, but we've given up a few long returns, including 2 for TDs (one vs Illinois and one today).

Glad we came away with the win. Montana definitely gave us some gifts (fumble near the end, letting us pooch-punt and force UM to start a drive in their own end zone, etc.), but it wasn't easy. I knew it wouldn't be, but being down 10 with under 6 minutes left in the game didn't really give me much hope for a victory.

I hope the Grizzly fans who made the trip didn't end up getting too sunburnt and enjoyed their trip to Macomb (other than the game results, of course). Safe travels back home for everyone.

Redbird 4th & short
September 15th, 2018, 09:24 PM
True, but we also have some huge weaknesses that we need to work on. 45 total rushing yards...yeesh. Our transfer WR Brunner (came from Butler CC in Kansas) came up big when we needed him to (170 yards receiving and 2 TDs), but we're going to have a really hard time in the MVFC if we can't move the ball on the ground at all. A 1-dimensional offense will get eaten alive by MVFC defenses. I think that's mostly on the youth of our O-Line...just not opening holes for the RBs. McShane is usually good for 80+ yards nearly every game, but he had 18 yards today on the ground. He also ran back a punt for a TD though, so that shows what he can do if he gets a bit of space. Seemed like every time we had a 1st down, we went with a run up the middle and nearly always got 1-2 yards out of it...which is not a recipe for success.

Special teams is also an issue. Idk if Coach Elliott is trying to get some experience for freshmen by putting them in a game or two on special teams or what, but we've given up a few long returns, including 2 for TDs (one vs Illinois and one today).

Glad we came away with the win. Montana definitely gave us some gifts (fumble near the end, letting us pooch-punt and force UM to start a drive in their own end zone, etc.), but it wasn't easy. I knew it wouldn't be, but being down 10 with under 6 minutes left in the game didn't really give me much hope for a victory.

I hope the Grizzly fans who made the trip didn't end up getting too sunburnt and enjoyed their trip to Macomb (other than the game results, of course). Safe travels back home for everyone.
good analysis Lawson ... but really it just came down to fact that Montana couldn't handle your southern heat.

:D

ST_Lawson
September 15th, 2018, 09:54 PM
good analysis Lawson ... but really it just came down to fact that Montana couldn't handle your southern heat.

:D

Yup, down in the deep south that is west-central Illinois ;)
At least Montana was wearing white. Our guys had the dark purple tops.

RowdyRabbit
September 15th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Nice win WIU! Way to rep MVFC!

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 10:06 PM
Nice win WIU! Way to rep MVFC!
If only we could say the same about your “flagship”