PDA

View Full Version : Valpo vs YSU - Winless warriors battle

Paladin1aa
September 10th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Week 3 sees Valpo traveling to YSU to pickup a paycheck and play the Guins. This is the second non- scholly Pioneer League team to play at YSU. YSU got upset 23-21 by Butler, then lost at West Virginia 52-17. Valpo lost their opener to Duquesne 23-21.

The game is intriguing as once more YSU puts its 63 schollies up against none for Valpo. Who will win ? Does YSU continue to look inept ? Does Valpo make history like Butler did ? xeyebrowx

YSU showed some flashes against WVU with 6’4 WR Farrah having a big day and the YSU run game having some success. But YSUs DBs looked terrible and the D looked horrible with very poor tackling. But when you recruit poorly, it comes back to bite you.

Who wins ?

grizband
September 10th, 2018, 04:08 PM
If Youngstown loses to a second non-scholly Pioneer team, does the team just turn in their pads 3 games in? xrotatehx

Paladin1aa
September 10th, 2018, 05:49 PM
YSU will use this game to look at more players as they try to regroup and ID their starters for the opening MVFC game at WIU. YSU took a 14 pt. lead vs Butler the second half but went stale and didn’t score again. Then the D gave up 16 unanswered points to lose by 2. Valpo should be near Butler in abilities, so anything can happen. I’m leaning on YSU but will wait till YSU releases the game notes.

Model Citizen
September 10th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Valpo is playing ok with its #2 quarterback, but in no way matches up with Youngstown State. The Pioneer guys will actually be scouted this time.

JSUSoutherner
September 10th, 2018, 08:17 PM
If YSU loses again they should replace Murray in the OVC. xnodx

Paladin1aa
September 11th, 2018, 07:37 AM
There is a segment of YSU fans that would be o.k. With going back to the OVC. lol

However if Valpo were to beat YSU, Bozo should be fired on the spot. Some are just now starting to catch on to how far the program has fallen under this phonybaloney coach.

Paladin1aa
September 11th, 2018, 09:26 AM
OMG - the YSU AD moRon appeared at the Curbstone Coaches club on Monday and declared YSU to be an improved football team !!! Just another idiot who deserved to be fired years ago. And YSU fans wonder why the program suffers. xeyebrowx

Derby City Duke
September 11th, 2018, 12:03 PM
OMG - the YSU AD moRon appeared at the Curbstone Coaches club on Monday and declared YSU to be an improved football team !!! Just another idiot who deserved to be fired years ago. And YSU fans wonder why the program suffers. xeyebrowx

Well, they didn't blow a big lead last week, so maybe that constitutes 'improvement' for him...xrotatehx

Penguin Nation
September 11th, 2018, 12:04 PM

In the Natty two years ago and now an 0-2 train wreck. I sometimes try to imagine a more incompetent person than moRon, but always fail to. He’s really such an outlandish buffoon, he’s now a cartoon character.

As far as Valpo goes, Scumbag U will prep for this game like its the Super Bowl to again avoid any more ridicule and humiliation. I think Scumbag U wins big. If they lose...nothing changes...Bozo stays...and more absurdities like claims of an improved team will continue. You see how ridiculous the cheerleader site is....that’s the audience moRon is talking to....and they eat it up.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2018, 05:19 PM
If YSU doesn't win this game by 40+ then Bozo definitely needs to go.

Valpo is bad.

Paladin1aa
September 11th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Announced that on the news that DC McNutt goes from administrative leave with pay to unpaid for a week thru this game. Everyone is tight lipped but the word is he is on a very short lease with mandatory rules. Suspicion is this was an inside job to protect football. Romeo is very lucky. People wanted him fired.

Bisonoline
September 11th, 2018, 06:16 PM
Announced that on the news that DC McNutt goes from administrative leave with pay to unpaid for a week thru this game. Everyone is tight lipped but the word is he is on a very short lease with mandatory rules. Suspicion is this was an inside job to protect football. Romeo is very lucky. People wanted him fired.

Whats the history on this?

Paladin1aa
September 11th, 2018, 06:28 PM
I don’t know, Bison Fan. Looking at Valpo they don’t seem to have players as good as Butler, are apparently playing their #2 QB and have a bad track record in previous games against YSU. 40 pt margin is big.

Valpo gave up 23 pts to the Dukes and were limited to 21. I’ll say YSU doubles the Dukes 23 and gives up half of what they did. Would make it a YSU win, 46-10.

YSU might do better. Of course, there is a chance........................ naw.........

Bisonoline
September 11th, 2018, 06:38 PM
I don’t know, Bison Fan. Looking at Valpo they don’t seem to have players as good as Butler, are apparently playing their #2 QB and have a bad track record in previous games against YSU. 40 pt margin is big.

Valpo gave up 23 pts to the Dukes and were limited to 21. I’ll say YSU doubles the Dukes 23 and gives up half of what they did. Would make it a YSU win, 46-10.

YSU might do better. Of course, there is a chance........................ naw.........

Oh I was wondering about McNutt??

Paladin1aa
September 11th, 2018, 07:16 PM
I was answering another Bison Fan, not you. Other than a news report tonite, I haven’t talked to insiders yet. The rumors beforehand were about alleged Romeo activities. The investigation was supposed to confirm those rumors or not. He has a son on the team as well. It will all come out shortly.

dbackjon
September 11th, 2018, 07:22 PM
If you are going to lose to a Pioneer team, at least lose to a good one...

PantherRob82
September 11th, 2018, 08:47 PM
I would die laughing of Valpo won.

Laker
September 11th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Whats the history on this?

http://collegead.com/youngstown-state-university-26/

GreenGlasses
September 11th, 2018, 09:00 PM
If YSU loses again they should replace Murray in the OVC. xnodx

In all honesty that is where Youngstown belongs.

There is a segment of YSU fans that would be o.k. With going back to the OVC. lol

See above. Youngstown is really on an island where ever they go in IAA. With that said I don't see them moving up in the next 5-10 years and then the only conference they would have a shot at then is the MAC but at least their would be schools pretty close to them.

The Yo Show
September 11th, 2018, 09:31 PM
www.wfmj.com/story/39069345/ysu-suspends-assistant-football-coach-following-domestic-violence-investigation

The Yo Show
September 11th, 2018, 09:33 PM
The cliff notes, "The incident in question, according to the report, occurred on April 7th in Canfield.

According to a police report from that date, McNutt arrived at the home of his estranged wife to pick up children from the home.

The report says the wife told officers that McNutt had slapped a phone from her hand when he noticed her videotaping his interactions with the children.

The police report says the wife showed officers her hand "which appeared to have small scratches". The investigators say it also appeared to be "slightly swollen".

In a later interview with McNutt, Canfield police say he told investigators that he grabbed the phone from her hand and threw it. "

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the Romeo reports where wrong?

Paladin1aa
September 11th, 2018, 09:48 PM
You would have to ask the wife her reasons for divorcing him. Info I have is they have had problems for quite awhile. Lots of rumors. Is the divorce over infidelity ? Other problems ? Interesting, McNutt played for Tressel at Ohio St., became a coach under him and ends up at YSU where Tressel is the Prez. Wonder how this is going to play out in the community after the rapist fiasco last year.

Bisonoline
September 11th, 2018, 09:53 PM
www.wfmj.com/story/39069345/ysu-suspends-assistant-football-coach-following-domestic-violence-investigation (http://www.wfmj.com/story/39069345/ysu-suspends-assistant-football-coach-following-domestic-violence-investigation)

Thanks. That answers it.

Penguin Nation
September 11th, 2018, 11:02 PM
FWIW, the mother has every right to record the transfer of the children, and the father (Coach McNutt) should be glad it's recorded as it (otherwise would) prove his good behavior. Unless it's self-defense or defense of another, you don't strike a woman (or anyone). IOW, this appears to be both assault and destruction of property. It is irrelevant if charges are filed. Divorce is a mofo....I have no doubt McNutt is getting a legal enema.....but you never resort to initiating violence...especially in front of your children.

This in the setting of the active recruiting of a convicted gang rapist forms a pattern in the FB program. That being said, Scumbag U will release laughable BS press releases about taking DV seriously, and then continue the status quo.

What a f-ing disgusting program.

Paladin1aa
September 12th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Only one change in the lineup for YSU- Lee will start at SS instead of Bryant. Not sure this addresses the problem as the YSU secondary is giving up huge pass yds. Teams completing 47 of 67 passes. Not much of a pass rush either. Valpo will rotate 2 QBs in and out. Both have been effective passing.

My early week prediction was YSU,46-10. I’ll revise that to a more true FB score - YSU 48-10.

h5322rsh
September 12th, 2018, 03:10 PM

This is very funny. Does he know who YSU plays on Hobo Day? Will Bo be smiling by then? or fired by then?

Paladin1aa
September 12th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Hobo Day ? Sounds like something weird SDSU would do and Bozo probably doesn’t know. The cheapskates at YSU won’t do anything until after the season and then they will be dumb enough to extend him.

mvfcfan
September 12th, 2018, 08:58 PM
My prediction is that YSU wins 31-17.

clenz
September 12th, 2018, 09:42 PM
In the Natty two years ago and now an 0-2 train wreck. I sometimes try to imagine a more incompetent person than moRon, but always fail to. He’s really such an outlandish buffoon, he’s now a cartoon character.
The national title game was 100000% an aberration. I pointed it out at the time, and shockingly YSU fans hated me for it.

Bo's first year YSU was 5-6 and 2 of those wins were NEC. YSU was 3-6 vs full scholarship D1s

The national title run was literally every single break going YSU's way all season. Those season happen sometimes.
-YSU trailed UNI 10-7 with less than a minute left in that game but UNI's offense decided it didn't want to even try that day (Thanks Aaron Bailey).
-Crushed by SDSU the next week
-Edged out a 13-10 win over Indiana State (who was 2-6 in MVFC play and had a win over the second to worst OVC team and a PFL team)....and the offense scored just 6 points that game
-Then crushed by NDSU.
-The edged out SIU on a last few minute 1 score win over SIU (who was 2-6 in MVFC play and had 2 wins over the bottom 2 OVC team).
-Got a very favorable playoff draw and then got every bounce
- 2 OT win vs Wofford and were bailed out of a likely game winning TD on a fumble at the 2 yard line by Wofford in OT1
-Go to EWU and grab a literal last second win on a catch that could literally never be recreated after being down 2 scores at the start of the 4th.

Yes, as I've said for years bad teams find ways to lose games. That YSU team found ways to win, but man they caught every break. It looks even more so like a fluke run considering what has gone on since that run

Bo followed the national runner up with 6-5 but 4-5 against full scholarship D1 teams. 4-4 in conference play, but 3 of the wins were the bottom 3 teams in the standings (winless ISUb, MSU (who only beat ISUb and SIU) and SIU (who was 2-6 in conference play)

This year Bo is 0-2 with a loss to a zero scholarship team (who hasn't beaten a non PFL/non-scholly/sub D1 team [they play 2 per year every year...and pre 2010 played 3 or 4 non D1s per year]) since...honestly I went back to 1999 and didn't see one so it doesn't matter when it happened. I doubt it's ever happened.

On his record alone the reality is his seat should be more than just mildly warm.

When you add in his antics and all of the other off the field crap that he's brought with him I can't see how he keeps a job moving forward.

Wait...yes I can.

The cult of YSU/Cheatervest. He's from the Youngstown area and Jimmy T wants him. Thus he can do no wrong that will actually cost him his job. Oh, and YSU got him for pennies because of his Nebraska buy out.

Penguin Nation
September 13th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Well said.

The 2016 Natty was IMO (and I said this back then) 1/3 Bozo, 1/3 Wolf, and 1/3 scheduling committee. Seeing the train wreck that is Bozo unfold since then...I think giving him 1/3 of the credit is too much.

Paladin1aa
September 13th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Can’t say I disagree much, clenz. That is the essence of my dislike of Bozo. He isn’t that good a HC. Throw in his WEAK recruiting of 4 classes and you arrive at where we are this year - losing to a non scholly team. And next year, the cupboard is bare. Really bleak. This is the “great” coach Bozo ?

Next up, another non scholly team. While I expect a win, it should be, geesh. There was a time YSU was really good.

Bisonoline
September 13th, 2018, 01:13 PM
Theres something about that guy that just aint right.

ysubigred
September 13th, 2018, 01:32 PM
Theres something about those 3 guy's that just aint right.

You're right! Three haters with no character xthumbsupx

ysubigred
September 13th, 2018, 01:34 PM
The national title game was 100000% an aberration. I pointed it out at the time, and shockingly YSU fans hated me for it.

Bo's first year YSU was 5-6 and 2 of those wins were NEC. YSU was 3-6 vs full scholarship D1s

The national title run was literally every single break going YSU's way all season. Those season happen sometimes.
-YSU trailed UNI 10-7 with less than a minute left in that game but UNI's offense decided it didn't want to even try that day (Thanks Aaron Bailey).
-Crushed by SDSU the next week
-Edged out a 13-10 win over Indiana State (who was 2-6 in MVFC play and had a win over the second to worst OVC team and a PFL team)....and the offense scored just 6 points that game
-Then crushed by NDSU.
-The edged out SIU on a last few minute 1 score win over SIU (who was 2-6 in MVFC play and had 2 wins over the bottom 2 OVC team).
-Got a very favorable playoff draw and then got every bounce
- 2 OT win vs Wofford and were bailed out of a likely game winning TD on a fumble at the 2 yard line by Wofford in OT1
-Go to EWU and grab a literal last second win on a catch that could literally never be recreated after being down 2 scores at the start of the 4th.

Yes, as I've said for years bad teams find ways to lose games. That YSU team found ways to win, but man they caught every break. It looks even more so like a fluke run considering what has gone on since that run

Bo followed the national runner up with 6-5 but 4-5 against full scholarship D1 teams. 4-4 in conference play, but 3 of the wins were the bottom 3 teams in the standings (winless ISUb, MSU (who only beat ISUb and SIU) and SIU (who was 2-6 in conference play)

This year Bo is 0-2 with a loss to a zero scholarship team (who hasn't beaten a non PFL/non-scholly/sub D1 team [they play 2 per year every year...and pre 2010 played 3 or 4 non D1s per year]) since...honestly I went back to 1999 and didn't see one so it doesn't matter when it happened. I doubt it's ever happened.

On his record alone the reality is his seat should be more than just mildly warm.

When you add in his antics and all of the other off the field crap that he's brought with him I can't see how he keeps a job moving forward.

Wait...yes I can.

The cult of YSU/Cheatervest. He's from the Youngstown area and Jimmy T wants him. Thus he can do no wrong that will actually cost him his job. Oh, and YSU got him for pennies because of his Nebraska buy out.

You're school has plenty of problems plus can't win playoff games. Actually I vote UNI out of the MVFC. Embarrassing xsmhx

clenz
September 13th, 2018, 03:00 PM
You're school has plenty of problems plus can't win playoff games. Actually I vote UNI out of the MVFC. Embarrassing xsmhx

Ah yes. When winning games is more important than anything else.

That’s when recruiting convicted rapists comes in.

YSU and OSU fans are one in the same in so many ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schism55
September 13th, 2018, 04:28 PM
I mean.....'Guins gotta win this by 4 TD's +, right?

Penguin Nation
September 13th, 2018, 04:37 PM
When your school has had two playoff appearances in 18 years, and just lost to a nonscholly, you don’t get to b—— about another school who actually gets in the playoffs....and consistently beats your school.....and doesn’t have a scumbag HC that recruits convicted rapists no other school anywhere would want.

Paladin1aa
September 13th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Schism, you would think so. I got them projected to win 48-10. That’s 5+. But they should have done Butler by 4TDs too. I Have repeatedly warned the faithful that each class Bozo has recruited has been substandard and now that he s out of Wolfs recruits ( except for early commit Wiggin) , we are gong to see what they actually have. It’s one thing to be challenged by the MVFC, but non Schollies?

clenz
September 13th, 2018, 06:26 PM
When your school has had two playoff appearances in 18 years, and just lost to a nonscholly, you don’t get to b—— about another school who actually gets in the playoffs....and consistently beats your school.....and doesn’t have a scumbag HC that recruits convicted rapists no other school anywhere would want.
I was going to pull playoff wins since YSU joined the MVC...and playoff appearances...and conference titles....and head to head record....and number of rapists that were kept, or recruited, to the team.

UNI has had 1 case of sexual assault in that time. The players were instantly dismissed. Instantly. No questions. Not only that, they were instantly dismissed from the school, no questions.

UNI kicked their best WR off the team in 2008 the week before the playoffs because he lived in the same house as a guy that was busted for a drug ring. Cops cleared him of all potential charges. Said they had been tailing the case for months. Said there was zero involvement. He was still booted from the team for putting himself in that situation and putting UNI football in the media in a negative light.

Yeah...we are clearly very similar programs in regards to our negative press and issues.

Penguin Nation
September 15th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Valpo 7
Rapeguins 0

Paladin1aa
September 15th, 2018, 01:59 PM
YSU looks terrible. No secondary, not much D, another missed FG. This may be their worst team in years. But when you recruit poorly, you can’t lie to the fans anymore. The emperor has no clothes.

PantherRob82
September 15th, 2018, 02:00 PM
7-7 xlolx

ytownchief22
September 15th, 2018, 04:11 PM
42-7 now. Team still needs work. Bye week coming up.

Paladin1aa
September 15th, 2018, 04:39 PM
Boy, I’ll say. Yep they win 42-7, struggled early and played typical for a scholly vs non scholly program. Led only 21-7 at the half and slowly pull away the 2nd half. But the problems show and next up is the MVFC. Scouting reports will pin point every weak spot the Guins got and they have loads. I said a YSU win, 48-10. It was close all round at actual 42-7.

Penguin Nation
September 15th, 2018, 05:43 PM
We used to beat Valpo 59-0 and 77-13 under the Wolf, and now Scum U beats this 6-5 (2017) nonschooly team 42-7 after being down early. I’m not sure I’d host a parade for this win. Still see this as a 4 win season, and that’s catching breaks.

Redbird 4th & short
September 15th, 2018, 05:57 PM
In 2017, Montana (7-4) only beat them 45-23 playing at home last year.

In 2016, my ISUr (6-5) beat them 50-13 in 2016 after similar slow start.

So 42-7 after slow start isn't bad by comparison .. but agree .. no parade yet.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 15th, 2018, 06:58 PM
FWIW, the mother has every right to record the transfer of the children, and the father (Coach McNutt) should be glad it's recorded as it (otherwise would) prove his good behavior. Unless it's self-defense or defense of another, you don't strike a woman (or anyone). IOW, this appears to be both assault and destruction of property. It is irrelevant if charges are filed. Divorce is a mofo....I have no doubt McNutt is getting a legal enema.....but you never resort to initiating violence...especially in front of your children.

This in the setting of the active recruiting of a convicted gang rapist forms a pattern in the FB program. That being said, Scumbag U will release laughable BS press releases about taking DV seriously, and then continue the status quo.

What a f-ing disgusting program.

Something tells me Pelini will get suspended for a few games, but not fired. Wait a minute, I got him confused with Urban Meyer. If I on the board of trustees at YSU, I would be urging the rest of the board to not only fire Tressel, Strollo, Pelini, McNutt but shut down the FB program.

Penguin Nation
September 15th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Something tells me Pelini will get suspended for a few games, but not fired. Wait a minute, I got him confused with Urban Meyer. If I on the board of trustees at YSU, I would be urging the rest of the board to not only fire Tressel, Strollo, Pelini, McNutt but shut down the FB program.

Exactly. It’s why I went from a second generation alumni with deep connections to the University, a donor, a proud and active fan, to calling it Scumbag U. The whole University needs to be cleaned out before there is any chance of being a respectable institution again.