Sept 29 at Western Illinois
Oct 6 UC DAVIS
Oct 13 at Mississippi Valley
Oct 20 at Minnesota
Oct 27 SOUTHERN UTAH
Nov 3 ILLINOIS STATE
Nov 10 at Cal Poly
Nov 17 at South Dakota State

This has to be the toughest schedule in FCS or 2nd behind SUU.

2 very tough FBS games

2 tough IL Gateway teams

2 tough TX Southland teams

4 GWFC games, the highest GPI conference last season

and Mississippi Valley....well, they can't all be hard can they? At least we didn't buy out!

Must be the first big time FCS program from the North to come to Itta Bena in a long time.

UNHWildCats
March 20th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Cool. When I first saw a mention of that Illinois State game I was thinking, thats gonna be a great game, glad it was more then just a rumor.

AZGrizFan
March 20th, 2007, 05:51 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=160169&section=sports

Sept 1 BYE
Sept 8 SF AUSTIN
Sept 15 SAM HOUSTON
Sept 22 at Central Michigan
Oct 6 UC DAVIS
Oct 20 at Minnesota
Oct 27 SOUTHERN UTAH
Nov 3 ILLINOIS STATE
Nov 10 at Cal Poly

This has to be the toughest schedule in FCS or 2nd behind SUU.

2 very tough FBS games

2 tough IL Gateway teams

2 tough TX Southland teams

4 GWFC games, the highest GPI conference last season

and Mississippi Valley....well, they can't all be hard can they? At least we didn't buy out!

Must be the first big time FCS program from the North to come to Itta Bena in a long time.

So now 4-7 and 6-5 teams are to be considered tough? Teams that finished behind McNeese State last year, a team that you only begrudgingly admitted was better than UND?

And if it's second, it's a DISTANT second behind SUU. They don't get to play themselves.

I predict 7-4.

TheBisonator
March 20th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I realistically see an 8-3 season, with a better chance of going 9-2 than going 7-4.

I see basically 9 games that we're capable of winning (the FCS games) and two games that will be tough for us (the FBS games). Maybe one of the FBS will be a win, and one FCS will be a loss, bringing us to 9-2. I see a good chance of that happening.

TheBisonator
March 20th, 2007, 05:52 PM
I predict 7-4.

I don't see 4 losses on that schedule, sorry. 3 maybe, but not 4.

Equal chance of an 8-3 or 9-2 season, IMO.

PSUVikings
March 20th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Good addition, 7-4 at worse 9-2 at best IMHO

MplsBison
March 20th, 2007, 05:56 PM
I don't see 4 losses on that schedule, sorry. 3 maybe, but not 4.

Equal chance of an 8-3 or 9-2 season, IMO.

He's just sour that they almost lost to Poly 10-9 and a week later we put 51 on them.

Peems
March 20th, 2007, 05:59 PM
He's just sour that they almost lost to Poly 10-9 and a week later we put 51 on them.

I can't speak for AZgriz but I can tell you we aren't sour cuz we wonxthumbsupx all games look winnable, i think the Minnesota game wont be as close due to the fact that the gophers will be ready and better this year. Central Michigan is a very winnable game. Good luck to the bison, only one year left of futility.xthumbsupx

FargoBison
March 20th, 2007, 06:02 PM
I think NDSU will go 8-3 with that schedule, it's a tough schedule but NDSU has a lot of talent coming back.

Peems
March 20th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I think NDSU will go 8-3 with that schedule, it's a tough schedule but NDSU has a lot of talent coming back.

who do you have the losses coming from: Minnesota, Central Michigan and Cal Poly?

AZGrizFan
March 20th, 2007, 06:09 PM

Yep, just like you're sour SDSU scorched your vaunted D for 28, and they could only manage 7 against the Griz.

The key to your entire statement is bolded. Griz beat the CRAP out of them, NDSU took advantage. Case closed.

Go home with your tired transitive arguments. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

FargoBison
March 20th, 2007, 06:18 PM
who do you have the losses coming from: Minnesota, Central Michigan and Cal Poly?

I have losses to CMU and Minnesota, although I think the Bison will give CMU all they can handle and just might pull off the upset. I still don't know about the Gophers, I think the Bison will give them a good game but with Mason gone they may improve quite a bit. As for the last loss I could see the Bison dropping one of the road games but I am not sure which one yet.

MplsBison
March 20th, 2007, 06:25 PM
SDSU is the FCS game I'm most worried about.

Poly and their weird schemes don't scare me.

Also, if Bomar is as good as advertised, SH will give us a good game.

But the home games all look winnable to me.

Minnesota, who knows. Honestly, with a whole new staff and a whole new scheme, it's anyone's guess.

I will say that we've had great success against chuck n duck teams in recent years. If MN is going to run that stuff with the WR they have (unless they get some good JUCOs), we should be OK.

Central Mich, again, with Kelly gone, who knows.

They're a notch higher than Ball State.

MplsBison
March 20th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Griz beat the CRAP out of them

Oh yeah, you knocked them silly! 10-9! WHOA!

dbackjon
March 20th, 2007, 06:28 PM
So now 4-7 and 6-5 teams are to be considered tough? Teams that finished behind McNeese State last year, a team that you only begrudgingly admitted was better than UND?

And if it's second, it's a DISTANT second behind SUU. They don't get to play themselves.

I predict 7-4.

And he was dissing WIU in the Gateway expansion thread as being a horrid team...

MplsBison
March 20th, 2007, 06:28 PM
And he was dissing WIU in the Gateway expansion thread as being a horrid team...

IN State, you mean.

AggiePride
March 20th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Some are predicting 7-4 and also arguing that NDSU has a low SOS, as if they did not see what this team can do last year and that they are not a top 5 team. I know it's Mpls, but it's getting confusing. xnutsx

NDSUFREAK
March 20th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I believe we will win all of our home games. We will have 3 sellout crowds and the fire from 2000 will be back as the excitement is unreal. 9-2 season with the losses either coming against the goofers and central michigan or goofers and poly. When we go down to SLO it will be a dog fight. More than any other.

MplsBison
March 20th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Why is everyone so scared of Poly?

They don't have Beck, Gocong, or Shotwell.

They're a good team and we won't take them lightly.

But SDSU has a much better chance to beat us that Poly does.

X-Factor
March 20th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I don't want to piss on anyones parade, but the Bison just have way to much talent returning in '07 to lose 4 games, even with 2 FBS teams on the schedule. The only question marks for next year would be SS (Craig Dahl, probably will be drafted late round in April) and RB. RB is deep, but no real proven backs yet besides Pete Blincoe (last year's backup). SS could be a crap shoot as to who is the starter next fall. Every other position is stacked on the depth chart except maybe defensive line having some questionable depth after the starters. CB's still young but return all starters and backups from last year. I'm going to say 9-2 +/- 1 game although another 10-1 is not likely IMO. Losses to CMU and the U ( as much as I hate to say it I think we might come up just short again) Although playing in SLO is always tough so that game could go either way depending on either teams injuries so late in the season.

Mountaineer#96
March 20th, 2007, 09:40 PM
WHAT!!!! no ASU on that thing !!!!! xsmiley_wix

spelunker64
March 20th, 2007, 09:45 PM
WHAT!!!! no ASU on that thing !!!!! xsmiley_wix

Nope, you had to go and schedule that little 'ol team in Michigan.

JackTwice
March 20th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Not that I expect it from Bison fans but I can't believe the little respect you have for SDSU.
You beat us in your house last year on a punt return TD and 2 reverses.

You are coming to our house in mid november. Can you even remember the last time you played well down here?

I truly don't expect you guys to figure you are going to lose to us but respect the fact you will have to play your best in a game where the deck is not stacked in your favor.

My guess is 8-3 and either 7-4 or 9-2 depending on the way a couple of games break.

spelunker64
March 20th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Sept 1 BYE
Sept 8 SF AUSTIN
Sept 15 SAM HOUSTON
Sept 22 at Central Michigan
Oct 6 UC DAVIS
Oct 20 at Minnesota
Oct 27 SOUTHERN UTAH
Nov 3 ILLINOIS STATE
Nov 10 at Cal Poly

Too bad we don't have a bye in-season, but maybe we'll keep our roll going throughout the schedule. Looks like a 9-2 or 8-3 type year for us. The BCS games will be tough. UM will come prepared and playing the defending MAC champs is no pushover. The last two games kinda scare me, but I don't see us losing more than 1 if any. I guess we'll know for sure on the 18th.

BisBison
March 20th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Not that I expect it from Bison fans but I can't believe the little respect you have for SDSU.

You are coming to our house in mid november. Can you even remember the last time you played well down here?

I truly don't expect you guys to figure you are going to lose to us but respect the fact you will have to play your best in a game where the deck is not stacked in your favor.

My guess is 8-3 and either 7-4 or 9-2 depending on the way a couple of games break.

I don't know about the Bison fans you've been talking to, but Coach Bohl told me that the toughest game the Bison had last year was the JackRabbit game. And then he looked at us and said and that includes the Gophers.

slostang
March 20th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Great schedule.

I am glad that you filled the Nov. 3rd date with a tough team like Ill. State. NDSU is tough enough and I am glad that they will not have a bye the week before their game with Cal Poly on Nov. 10th.

appfan2008
March 20th, 2007, 11:00 PM
8-3 with that schedule IMO

ucdtim17
March 20th, 2007, 11:10 PM
10-1 in '06 does not guarantee 8-3 in '07. NDSU needed two obviously blown calls to beat us last year at the last second. We're 2-0 in our two recent Fargodome games. SDSU, CP and UCD could all go the other way next year, not to mention the two FBS games

FargoBison
March 20th, 2007, 11:33 PM
10-1 in '06 does not guarantee 8-3 in '07. NDSU needed two obviously blown calls to beat us last year at the last second. We're 2-0 in our two recent Fargodome games. SDSU, CP and UCD could all go the other way next year, not to mention the two FBS games

It's kind of hard to even make predictions right now with both SDSU and UCD breaking in new QB's. I think SDSU losing Kardoes was the biggest loss any GWFC team had last year, I don't think Grant was as big a loss for UCD because I think the Ags have more depth but it still throws a big wrench in making predictions because I don't know a thing about the new starter. A good QB can take a team quite a ways and NDSU has a senior that has started for the past 2 and 1/2 years and was the GWFC player of the year coming back. Walker makes NDSU a safe pick to win the Great West and solid candidate to win at least 8 games. NDSU fans saying 8-3 has nothing to do with last year and has everything to do with the amount of talent NDSU has coming back.

da_Bison
March 20th, 2007, 11:52 PM
I believe 07 Bison will be better than the 06 Bison. That said I only see 2 games on that schedule that "I" mark off as for sure wins. So don't get to far ahead of yourselves guys, we could easily finish 6-5, not that I think we will, but it could happen. Show some respect to these teams, Ill St, Sam Houston, SFA, always Poly, Davis and SDSU, not to forget the 2 big boys UM & CMU....
I think all are winnable, but to never have a down week with that schedule is far fetched....
my prediction
8-3

BobbyMo
March 21st, 2007, 12:30 AM
I do not pretend to know a whole lot about 1AA (i still dont like FCS) outside of the NEC and PFL, but that appears to be one hell of a schedule. As some others have mentioned, it could go from from 6-5 to 10-1. If I were a Bison, I would be content with 8-3 and really excited with anything better.

AZBison
March 21st, 2007, 02:16 AM
It should be a hell of a season no matter what the outcomes. Every game should be exciting and I have no doubt that at least one game from this season will be remembered for a long time, maybe 2 if we beat Minnesota.

I can't wait. I'm just so damn excited!

Tod
March 21st, 2007, 02:33 AM

AZGrizFan was talking about SDSU, Einstein. Griz won 36-7. NDSU beat them (still talking about SDSU, now) 41-28.

The transitive shat don't always work real well.

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Keeper
March 21st, 2007, 02:38 AM
i predict 10 wins and 1 loss.....
the one loss to the Rabbits end of season !!

RabidRabbit
March 21st, 2007, 07:42 AM
Anywhere between 6-5 to 10-1, but I'm going to guess that Bison will be 7-4 & 3-2 GWFC.

NDSU plays both Jacks and 'Stangs away, so I see the hosts pulling out a win in two very tight games. xthumbsupx

UM will be more "up" for this game than last year, so expect an L again.

CMU will likely be an L also,xbawlingx but NDSU could snag a win. xnodx

Not the KILLER schedule of 10 top 25 teams that SUU pulled, but all games will be challenges to the Bison. xwhistlex

Bison77
March 21st, 2007, 08:11 AM
Anywhere between 6-5 to 10-1, but I'm going to guess that Bison will be 7-4 & 3-2 GWFC.

NDSU plays both Jacks and 'Stangs away, so I see the hosts pulling out a win in two very tight games. xthumbsupx

Not the KILLER schedule of 10 top 25 teams that SUU pulled, but all games will be challenges to the Bison. xwhistlex

For most top teams it depends on the chemistry and leadership of the players as to how far a team can go. We will be more talented for 07 and if things come together should be better than 06. It seems like all the rabbit fans have penciled in a W for Nov 15. Oh well that last game win will be sweet. Can you say CHOKE ucdtim17? xthumbsupx

bison95
March 21st, 2007, 08:52 AM
11 - 0 Babyxbowx xbowx xhurrayx xhurrayx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xazzx xhomerx

AZGrizFan
March 21st, 2007, 09:00 AM

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
March 21st, 2007, 09:01 AM

Physically, Einstein. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

At least try to keep up.

WYOBISONMAN
March 21st, 2007, 09:34 AM
I think it will be tough to have a repeat of last year. It will all depend on how we fill some of those key spots hit by graduation. I was way off on my pick last year, so I will decline to predict a finish......

Go Bison
March 21st, 2007, 12:59 PM

I remember the last time NDSU played at Brookings and how the announcers said before warmups that the NDSU looked uninspired. NDSU had the lead late in that game but the defense couldn't hold. It was very similar to the Montana State game. It seems like NDSU has been better on the road lately and has been able to pull out the close games. There is no doubt it will be a great game.

spelunker64
March 21st, 2007, 01:20 PM

So sorry, next time we will run only up the gut plays, no screen passes or reverses. We'll take touchbacks on all kickoffs and only run staight ahead on punt returns.
xrolleyesx

Seriously though, we have respect for SDSU as a whole. Playing in Brookings will be no easy task and we could possibly leave town with a 'L'

leatherneck177
March 21st, 2007, 03:03 PM
I would put our schedule up there as the 2nd hardest in the country. Next to St. Francis, the rest of the schedule is very hard. You can see the rest of it at www.wiuathletics.com.

AZGrizFan
March 21st, 2007, 03:18 PM
I would put our schedule up there as the 2nd hardest in the country. Next to St. Francis, the rest of the schedule is very hard. You can see the rest of it at www.wiuathletics.com. (http://www.wiuathletics.com.)

I don't know. 3 gimmees (St Francis, Indiana State and Missouri State) and a fairly weak SFA team.

That home stretch is a bitch though! xeekx xeekx

BISON Thunder
March 21st, 2007, 05:12 PM
I believe 07 Bison will be better than the 06 Bison. That said I only see 2 games on that schedule that "I" mark off as for sure wins. So don't get to far ahead of yourselves guys, we could easily finish 6-5, not that I think we will, but it could happen. Show some respect to these teams, Ill St, Sam Houston, SFA, always Poly, Davis and SDSU, not to forget the 2 big boys UM & CMU....
I think all are winnable, but to never have a down week with that schedule is far fetched....
my prediction
8-3

I think you are exactly right. Many, many things went our way last year...some because of playing great football, and some pure fortune. This year I again expect great football (even better than last year). It's the fortune part I am concerned about. Seven wins would make for a great season. xpeacex

JBB
March 21st, 2007, 05:21 PM
I can't speak for AZgriz but I can tell you we aren't sour cuz we wonxthumbsupx all games look winnable, i think the Minnesota game wont be as close due to the fact that the gophers will be ready and better this year. Central Michigan is a very winnable game. Good luck to the bison, only one year left of futility.xthumbsupx

I disagree. If there was only 1 game to be played the Gophers would be it. The Gophers Knew we were coming. What, they going to watch more film?

On Central Mich I agree. These types of teams are great games for the BISON. Big challenge. They make great games. Im looking forward to the games and hope I can get to them.

JBB
March 21st, 2007, 05:26 PM

Rabbit, as a fan I cant wait to return to Caughlin. I was actually disappointed when I learned last years game was in Fargo. It was a good game. Do you think this years contest will rise to that level?

appfan2008
March 21st, 2007, 05:30 PM
I dont think NDSU's schedule is nearly as difficult as SUU's that one has no breaks, no easy games but NDSU's does.

Go Bison
March 21st, 2007, 05:33 PM
So sorry, next time we will run only up the gut plays, no screen passes or reverses. We'll take touchbacks on all kickoffs and only run staight ahead on punt returns.
xrolleyesx

xlolx xlolx xhurrayx xhurrayx

JackTwice
March 21st, 2007, 05:48 PM
xrolleyesx

Seriously though, we have respect for SDSU as a whole. Playing in Brookings will be no easy task and we could possibly leave town with a 'L'
spelunker my point wasn't really to cry about how you won :( . Many teams tried misdirection against the 'rabbits last year (mainly screens) because our front four really pushed upfield aggressively. The Bison found a way to take advantage of that. I was just pointing out that the game was very close last year and nobody was looking at next years game as a possible loss. xnonox This year will be in our house, in the November cold (I have heard there is lobbying to make the game a 4 or 6 pm start just for emphasis). I guess I just wanted some love for the Jackrabbits.

JBB
March 21st, 2007, 07:13 PM
I dont think NDSU's schedule is nearly as difficult as SUU's that one has no breaks, no easy games but NDSU's does.

+++++++

Bison_Kent
March 21st, 2007, 08:33 PM
It is now official from NDSU per a press release.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=831426

spelunker64
March 22nd, 2007, 08:15 AM
spelunker my point wasn't really to cry about how you won :( . Many teams tried misdirection against the 'rabbits last year (mainly screens) because our front four really pushed upfield aggressively. The Bison found a way to take advantage of that. I was just pointing out that the game was very close last year and nobody was looking at next years game as a possible loss. xnonox This year will be in our house, in the November cold (I have heard there is lobbying to make the game a 4 or 6 pm start just for emphasis). I guess I just wanted some love for the Jackrabbits.

Sorry if I came across a little toooo sarcastic. xrolleyesx

Were you at the game? The first half was close, but we had control I think most of the second.

When I read my post again, it brought me back to the Bob Babich days of playcalling. xsmiley_wix xlolx

Bison77
March 22nd, 2007, 01:54 PM

You forget that we had our starting FS out and your 2 long passes were broken coverage by our rookie FS. You take those away and maybe you don't think it's so close. But that's why you play the game. xpeacex

bison95
March 22nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
A loss is a loss weather it is 10-9xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx or 100-0

There are no moral victoriesxsmiley_wix

NDSUFREAK
March 22nd, 2007, 06:50 PM
A loss is a loss weather it is 10-9xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx or 100-0

We have said MANY times. We didn't have any moral victories last year. You are right.

AZGrizFan
March 22nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
I disagree. If there was only 1 game to be played the Gophers would be it. The Gophers Knew we were coming. What, they going to watch more film?

On Central Mich I agree. These types of teams are great games for the BISON. Big challenge. They make great games. Im looking forward to the games and hope I can get to them.

I predict you lose by 14 or more to Minnesota this year. You won't be sneaking up on them this time. xcoffeex xcoffeex

JackTwice
March 22nd, 2007, 10:49 PM

I'd consider it a moral victory if I could get close to that lovely young lady in your avatar
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

X-Factor
March 22nd, 2007, 11:44 PM

Oh, be nice. The bunnies havn't won in Fargo in about 45 years, so anytime they get within a couple of scores I don't see why we can't let them celebrate at least a little? :D

Go Bison
March 23rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
I predict you lose by 14 or more to Minnesota this year. You won't be sneaking up on them this time. xcoffeex xcoffeex

Why do people keep saying NDSU snuck up on Minnesota last year? It is like Minnesota didn't know who they were playing that week or something. You could be right about the prediction this year but I don't see the logic on saying that NDSU snuck up on Minnesota.

GGASU
March 23rd, 2007, 12:41 PM
Why do people keep saying NDSU snuck up on Minnesota last year? It is like Minnesota didn't know who they were playing that week or something. You could be right about the prediction this year but I don't see the logic on saying that NDSU snuck up on Minnesota.

NDSU didn't sneak up on the Gophers... NDSU was the better team in every aspect of the game.
Of all the games I watched last year that is the game that was stolen at the end by a lesser team. You should have won that game by double digits.

MplsBison
March 23rd, 2007, 02:24 PM
I predict you lose by 14 or more to Minnesota this year. You won't be sneaking up on them this time.

Just as long as it's not 41-7 to a team that lost to Minnesota.

MplsBison
March 23rd, 2007, 02:26 PM

They didn't.

Minnesota was fully ready for NDSU. They even said in the paper.

Also Ball State's coach said about NDSU's win something like "you would've though we were preparing to go to war last week".

The FBS teams always prepare as hard if not harder for the FCS games because they don't want to lose.

It's a BS cop out to say "oh yeah, we took them lightly" after the fact.

WYOBISONMAN
March 23rd, 2007, 02:47 PM
NDSU lost the MN game because of problems kicking field goals.

bison95
March 23rd, 2007, 02:50 PM
and scoring touch downs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bison05
March 23rd, 2007, 03:37 PM
and scoring touch downs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, we can blame it on FG kicking all we want, but the real problem was all of those time we got into the redzone and didn't come out with a TD.

NE MT GRIZZ
March 23rd, 2007, 03:57 PM
real problem was all of those time we got into the redzone and didn't come out with a TD.

RE: Montana 2006 Season

NDSUFREAK
March 23rd, 2007, 04:43 PM
RE: Montana 2006 Season

Oh man. It just kills when you can't get it donw. Just watching from up in the upper deck at the ghettrodome just being so excited about getting in the red zone and just coming out with a field goal. But then it happened to many times and it was just a pain to see them struggle so much there.

bisonguy
March 23rd, 2007, 05:36 PM

Or a TD called back due to a stupid penalty xnonono2x

NDSUFREAK
March 23rd, 2007, 06:22 PM
Or a TD called back due to a stupid penalty xnonono2x

Oh, the one that didn't affect the play at all?? Yeah, I remember that one.....

spelunker64
March 25th, 2007, 10:28 PM
This is Madden like commentary. We lost because the other team scored more points/point than we did. ;)

JBB
March 25th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Too many mistakes. BISON ran all over them. We may have left with respect but we didnt surprise them. BISON went into win.

Where I had 4 tickets last year I think it will be 8 and 2 cars this year.

kats89
March 27th, 2007, 07:01 PM
SDSU is the FCS game I'm most worried about.

Poly and their weird schemes don't scare me.

Also, if Bomar is as good as advertised, SH will give us a good game.

But the home games all look winnable to me.

Minnesota, who knows. Honestly, with a whole new staff and a whole new scheme, it's anyone's guess.

I will say that we've had great success against chuck n duck teams in recent years. If MN is going to run that stuff with the WR they have (unless they get some good JUCOs), we should be OK.

Central Mich, again, with Kelly gone, who knows.

They're a notch higher than Ball State.

If Bomar is as good as advertised? (lol!) He was only the #1 recruit in the nation coming out of high school. I would say he will be good. But, he will not be able to do it alone.

Key to our offense will be the big guys up front where we return 4 of 5 starters from last years group. I am not making any predicitions, but I will say that you will leave the game impressed with our offense this year. This game could be a shootout.

The Sheriff
March 27th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Ok 'SU fans, I'm not saying this because I'm a Sioux and you are Bison fans. I was kinda, sorta in a way hoping you'd do well last year against them. But I think Minnesota will be a whole different team next year. There's a bit of excitement here that I haven't noticed in years past. Whether that carries over to the football field and game time remains to be seen. But this new staff seems to have things in order as far as the program's direction and will "close the borders" in years to come. I just cannot see this team having no choice next year but to overachieve.

However, NDSU may catch Minnesota in the ugly transition year where a new system comes in and its all chaos for a time being (see Minnesota Vikings 2006). One won't know until the initial snaps are taken in August.

bisonguy
March 28th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Ok 'SU fans, I'm not saying this because I'm a Sioux and you are Bison fans. I was kinda, sorta in a way hoping you'd do well last year against them. But I think Minnesota will be a whole different team next year. There's a bit of excitement here that I haven't noticed in years past. Whether that carries over to the football field and game time remains to be seen. But this new staff seems to have things in order as far as the program's direction and will "close the borders" in years to come. I just cannot see this team having no choice next year but to overachieve.

However, NDSU may catch Minnesota in the ugly transition year where a new system comes in and its all chaos for a time being (see Minnesota Vikings 2006). One won't know until the initial snaps are taken in August.

As a Minnesota resident, your judgement is clouded on Minnesota's propensity towards great expectations that they never live up to. ;)

The Sheriff
March 28th, 2007, 05:38 PM
As a Minnesota resident, your judgement is clouded on Minnesota's propensity towards great expectations that they never live up to. ;)
Homersota baby!!! Sid Hartman acting president (lifetime term).