PDA

View Full Version : JMU @ Norfolk State

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 08:18 AM
The Dukes complete a H&H with the Spartans of the MEAC in Norfolk. I expect a more competitive game than last year.

In 2017, JMU:

won 75-14 at home in first meeting
rushed for 472 yards
totaled 728 yards of total offense (1 shy of school record)
held NSU to 91 yards of offense (1.9 yds/play)

Also:

Spartans did not score on offense; points came on a fumble return and a KO return
Cardon Johnson tore his achilles (again) and missed the remainder of the season; is back for his medical redshirt season.

DL Darrious Carter (suspension) remains out; CBs Stephen Tutt and Curtis Oliver returned to practice this week -- status for Saturday undetermined.

NSU will start their 2nd string freshman QB; starter suspended 1 game for kicking an opponent in the head during last week's win vs. D2 Virginia State.

Anthony215
September 7th, 2018, 08:26 AM
The Dukes complete a H&H with the Spartans of the MEAC in Norfolk. I expect a more competitive game than last year.

In 2017, JMU:

won 75-14 at home in first meeting
rushed for 472 yards
totaled 728 yards of total offense (1 shy of school record)
held NSU to 91 yards of offense (1.9 yds/play)

Also:

Spartans did not score on offense; points came on a fumble return and a KO return
Cardon Johnson tore his achilles (again) and missed the remainder of the season; is back for his medical redshirt season.

DL Darrious Carter (suspension) remains out; CBs Stephen Tutt and Curtis Oliver returned to practice this week -- status for Saturday undetermined.

NSU will start their 2nd string freshman QB; starter suspended 1 game for kicking an opponent in the head during last week's win vs. D2 Virginia State.

What a bone headed thing to do especially in a game against a D2 opponent knowing you had JMU the following week which will probably be the biggest and most important home game of the season with Hampton off the schedule this year.

Panther88
September 7th, 2018, 08:38 AM
[/B]
What a bone headed thing to do especially in a game against a D2 opponent knowing you had JMU the following week which will probably be the biggest and most important home game of the season with Hampton off the schedule this year.

Not a bonehead move but moreso a misunderstanding. QB lost his mouthpiece and an opposing player was attempting to put his foot on it and the QB went to put his foot on it instead, ala the alleged “kick.”

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 08:44 AM
Game has now been moved from NSU pay platform to ESPN3. Game time is 6 p.m.

As usual I will have to watch a replay as my wife insists that I attend a family wedding xlolx

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Not a bonehead move but moreso a misunderstanding. QB lost his mouthpiece and an opposing player was attempting to put his foot on it and the QB went to put his foot on it instead, ala the alleged “kick.”

According to Tuesday's Virginian-Pilot his coach says he deserved the suspension, though the action wasn't blatant. The MEAC office issued the suspension.

veinup
September 8th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Interesting - my wife will be forcing me to watch this game. 🤯

MR. CHICKEN
September 8th, 2018, 09:07 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28708&stc=1.....REALLY NEED UH THREAD......FO' DIS GAME.....xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx........... xsighx.............BRAWK!

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Watch out. Might be warm today.

Doooks
September 8th, 2018, 06:06 PM
Booooo weather delay, boooooooo!

- - - Updated - - -

update:

JMU Football‏Verified account @JMUFootball (https://twitter.com/JMUFootball) 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JMUFootball/status/1038563318540247042)More

The lightning has cleared, allowing for players to hit the field for warmups.Tentatively set for a 7:35 p.m. kickoff from Norfolk.

Doooks
September 8th, 2018, 07:31 PM
End of 1st quarter

JMU 17
NSU 0

Another 30 min weather delay due to lightning

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2018, 07:48 PM
End of 1st quarter

JMU 17
NSU 0

Another 30 min weather delay due to lightning

We're beating our cupcake worse than you're beating your cupcake.

Get rekt.

jmu007
September 8th, 2018, 07:51 PM
All I wanted to do was drink jack and watch the Dukes.... gonna run out of jack soon :(

Doooks
September 8th, 2018, 07:55 PM
More lightning and more delay. Gamed restart pushed to at least 9:15.

jmu007
September 8th, 2018, 07:56 PM
No way this is played tonight. Do we get the TKO or are they gonna make us finish this tomorrow?

Doooks
September 8th, 2018, 07:57 PM
All I wanted to do was drink jack and watch the Dukes.... gonna run out of jack soon :(

I'm with you. Was trying to pace the beer drinking to be able to type full two syllable words at least through the 3rd quarter. Don't think I'm gonna make it.

Doooks
September 8th, 2018, 08:02 PM
We're beating our cupcake worse than you're beating your cupcake.

Watch out for the comeback- MVSU twitter says: "The score in this one is not indicative of Valley's talent."

JacksFan40
September 8th, 2018, 08:05 PM
Watch out for the comeback- MVSU twitter says: "The score in this one is not indicative of Valley's talent."
So that means it’s to close?

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2018, 08:06 PM

Can I PLEASE get a link.

jmufan999
September 8th, 2018, 08:08 PM
No way this is played tonight. Do we get the TKO or are they gonna make us finish this tomorrow?

do teams ever do this? i can't recall it happening, but maybe it has. i would put a fair amount of money that if it's not wrapped up tonight, it will be cancelled. messes with both teams' schedules to play 3 quarters on what should be an off day.

Doooks
September 8th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Can I PLEASE get a link.
https://twitter.com/MVSUDevilSports?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5E serp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2018, 08:12 PM
https://twitter.com/MVSUDevilSports?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5E serp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Surely they can't be that stupid.

That's just... Um.... Wow.

jmu007
September 8th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Game called. JMU gets the W 17-0 lol.

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2018, 08:16 PM
Game called. JMU gets the W 17-0 lol.
THIS JUST IN:
NORFOLK STATE KEPT PACE WITH A TITLE CONTENDER. MEAC CONFIRMED AS SEC'S HBCU DIVISION.

TheKingpin28
September 8th, 2018, 09:37 PM
THIS JUST IN:
NORFOLK STATE KEPT PACE WITH A TITLE CONTENDER. MEAC CONFIRMED AS SEC'S HBCU DIVISION.

Well it is warm in Norfolk.

caribbeanhen
September 9th, 2018, 06:14 AM
that punt return was sick...... who was that? Amos?

Madisonian
September 9th, 2018, 07:11 AM
that punt return was sick...... who was that? Amos?

Yes sir

MacThor
September 9th, 2018, 09:21 AM
So JMU couldn't cover the spread against a MEAC opponent? Weak.

jmu007
September 9th, 2018, 12:40 PM
I'm fully expecting to hear Jay Walker citing this score in November as part of his reasoning for why JMU should be seeded lower on the selection show.

MacThor
September 9th, 2018, 08:23 PM
I'm fully expecting to hear Jay Walker citing this score in November as part of his reasoning for why JMU should be seeded lower on the selection show.

Before or after talking about the experience of a playoff run?
*cough* First round loss to Marshall *cough*

bluehenbillk
September 10th, 2018, 03:50 PM
How did this game count? You can't tell me if Norfolk was up 10-7 at the same point in time that it was called they would have counted it...

TheRevSFA
September 10th, 2018, 03:56 PM
THIS JUST IN:

someone is still salty about his school getting beat by a MEAC school...

RootinFerDukes
September 10th, 2018, 04:15 PM
How did this game count? You can't tell me if Norfolk was up 10-7 at the same point in time that it was called they would have counted it...

NSU officials agreed to forfeit the final three quarters and credit JMU with the win.

MacThor
September 10th, 2018, 04:28 PM
NSU officials agreed to forfeit the final three quarters and credit JMU with the win.

They agreed to terminate the game - technically not a forfeit. Both schools have to agree to it.

jmu007
September 10th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Well, FWIW, quotes today indicated that JMU had already made arrangements for hotels and was willing to play on Sunday. The other team was not. Sounds like a forfeit.

Also of note, not confirmed, but word is that the NSU backup QB was being evaluated for possible concussion during the break. If that is true, they would've had a 3rd string true freshman going the remaining 3 quarters vs JMU already down 17-0.

RootinFerDukes
September 10th, 2018, 04:39 PM
They agreed to terminate the game - technically not a forfeit. Both schools have to agree to it.

Tomato, Tom-ah-toe. Coach Houston said JMU signaled they were willing to play all night or Sunday. NSU officials, not so much.