PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-8

JALMOND
September 5th, 2018, 09:45 PM
After the opening week of football season, I am at 10-3 and was taught a lesson not to bet against the conference unless it is blatantly obvious (PSU/Oregon, anyone?). This week, a couple non-conference, conference games (one of which is probably the best game of the bunch), and two teams going to South Dakota, and two heading to Oregon. My predictions for this weekend in the Big Sky.

EWU at NAU---Two teams that didn't want to wait to face each other. One thing that usually holds true in the conference is that when two explosive offenses collide, as both the Eagles and Lumberjacks have, a shootout will occur no matter how good the defenses may be...NAU 45, EWU 42.

Western New Mexico at UI---Reeling from the disaster resulting from stepping up a level last week. the Vandals step down to face a DII opponent in their first home game in the FCS in 22 years. Here's hoping this weekend will be a little bit easier than last weekend...UI 52, Western New Mexico 7.

Drake at UM---Fresh off the awesome performance last weekend, the Grizzlies face another FCS team from the state of Iowa. Judging from their performance, this game should be an easy win if they play like they did, but they could struggle if they are looking past the game...UM 40, Drake 10.

MSU at South Dakota State---The Bobcats took care of a Missouri Valley team last week and this week they are one of two Big Sky teams heading to the state of South Dakota. Many issues may seem to be resolved but playing on the road in a hostile environment could bring up some more...South Dakota State 38, MSU 17.

UNC at South Dakota---After almost stealing a win at home last weekend, the Bears are the other team heading out to the state of South Dakota. They may find playing the Missouri Valley on the road is a little bit tough as compared to playing the Southland at home...South Dakota 28, UNC 20.

PSU at Oregon---The Vikings gave up over 70 points last weekend and it wasn't even against their big Pac-12 brethren that they play this weekend. The only way they may stop their big brother is if the opponent decides that enough is enough and calls it good...Oregon 58, PSU 7.

SAC at San Diego State---The Hornets may think they have a shot at winning this game, at least until last week when San Diego State stayed within shouting distance of Stanford. Still, the Hornets can keep things interesting although a win may be a bit too much...San Diego State 35, SAC 24.

SUU at Oregon State---Still scratching their heads over the loss at home last weekend, the Thunderbirds head out on the road and move up to the Pac-12 level. This also had the makings of a possible upset, that is until the Thunderbirds lost their game...Oregon State 38, SUU 14.

San Diego at UCD---Fresh from their stunning victory over an FBS team, the Aggies welcome a Pioneer team to town for their home opener. No one really is thinking that the good feelings from the win will end anytime soon, at least not this weekend...UCD 35, San Diego 21.

WSU at CP---The Wildcats had a lead on their Pac-12 brethren for a little bit, only to see them march right past. They head out on the road to face a conference foe, the Mustangs, who took one on the chin against the #1 team in the country. Maybe some questions here but,...WSU 31, CP 17.

Idaho State gets a bye.

SeattleBobcat
September 5th, 2018, 10:24 PM
After the opening week of football season, I am at 10-3 and was taught a lesson not to bet against the conference unless it is blatantly obvious (PSU/Oregon, anyone?). This week, a couple non-conference, conference games (one of which is probably the best game of the bunch), and two teams going to South Dakota, and two heading to Oregon. My predictions for this weekend in the Big Sky.

EWU at NAU---Two teams that didn't want to wait to face each other. One thing that usually holds true in the conference is that when two explosive offenses collide, as both the Eagles and Lumberjacks have, a shootout will occur no matter how good the defenses may be...NAU 45, EWU 42.

Western New Mexico at UI---Reeling from the disaster resulting from stepping up a level last week. the Vandals step down to face a DII opponent in their first home game in the FCS in 22 years. Here's hoping this weekend will be a little bit easier than last weekend...UI 52, Western New Mexico 7.

Drake at UM---Fresh off the awesome performance last weekend, the Grizzlies face another FCS team from the state of Iowa. Judging from their performance, this game should be an easy win if they play like they did, but they could struggle if they are looking past the game...UM 40, Drake 10.

MSU at South Dakota State---The Bobcats took care of a Missouri Valley team last week and this week they are one of two Big Sky teams heading to the state of South Dakota. Many issues may seem to be resolved but playing on the road in a hostile environment could bring up some more...South Dakota State 38, MSU 17.

UNC at South Dakota---After almost stealing a win at home last weekend, the Bears are the other team heading out to the state of South Dakota. They may find playing the Missouri Valley on the road is a little bit tough as compared to playing the Southland at home...South Dakota 28, UNC 20.

PSU at Oregon---The Vikings gave up over 70 points last weekend and it wasn't even against their big Pac-12 brethren that they play this weekend. The only way they may stop their big brother is if the opponent decides that enough is enough and calls it good...Oregon 58, PSU 7.

SAC at San Diego State---The Hornets may think they have a shot at winning this game, at least until last week when San Diego State stayed within shouting distance of Stanford. Still, the Hornets can keep things interesting although a win may be a bit too much...San Diego State 35, SAC 24.

SUU at Oregon State---Still scratching their heads over the loss at home last weekend, the Thunderbirds head out on the road and move up to the Pac-12 level. This also had the makings of a possible upset, that is until the Thunderbirds lost their game...Oregon State 38, SUU 14.

San Diego at UCD---Fresh from their stunning victory over an FBS team, the Aggies welcome a Pioneer team to town for their home opener. No one really is thinking that the good feelings from the win will end anytime soon, at least not this weekend...UCD 35, San Diego 21.

WSU at CP---The Wildcats had a lead on their Pac-12 brethren for a little bit, only to see them march right past. They head out on the road to face a conference foe, the Mustangs, who took one on the chin against the #1 team in the country. Maybe some questions here but,...WSU 31, CP 17.

Idaho State gets a bye.

No one is hanging 38 on the Bobcats this year. We probably won't beat SDSU but its going to be more like 28-17.

mvemjsunpx
September 5th, 2018, 11:23 PM
Portland St. 9-66 Nike St. — The Perverse Curiosity Bowl

Weber 31-17 Cal Poly (NC) — Can Cal Poly erase last year's awfulness? Probably not

San D-Leggo-My-Eggo 28-42 Davis — The Toreros won't be taken by surprise this time, but Davis is better

Sac 17-34 SDSU — Eh… the Hornets might have an outside chance here

WNMU 10-38 Idaho — Idaho plays a non-DI for the first time since 1997

Suutah 34-49 Oregon St. — North Alabama vs. Oregon State would be interesting

EWU 31-35 NAU (NC) — This could decide the auto-bid even though it doesn't count in the standings

Drake 10-27 Montana — Fun Fact!: Drake beat a Chinese All-Star Team 77-0 in June

Montana St. 20-38 SoDak St. — The Jackrabbits are at home & their opponent doesn't get any film

NoCo 21-34 SoDak — UNC's first 4 games are all against plausible playoff teams

NoDak 6-49 UDub — The Lions get to enjoy some nice scenery & dry weather

JALMOND
September 6th, 2018, 12:21 AM
Fun Fact!: Drake beat a Chinese All-Star Team 77-0 in June

But didn't he get some help from Kanye West, Dame Dolla and NAS?

bonarae
September 6th, 2018, 04:22 AM
Northern Arizona
Idaho
Montana
South Dakota State
South Dakota
Oregon
San Diego State
Oregon State
UC Davis
Weber State

Iridebikes
September 6th, 2018, 07:15 AM
EWU OVER NAU 42-31. Bit of a homer here but EWU is loaded and NAU tends to underperform.
Idaho over Western New Mexico by a whole bunch.
Montanas offense will score on Drake and Drake will not score much. UM 42-7
MSU losses to South Dakota State 28-17
Northern Colorado losses to U. of South Dakota 28-20
Portland State losses to Oregon by so many points I can't count them.
Sac State losses to San Diego State- 42-21
Oregon State will defeat Southern Utah by two touchdowns.
Weber State will be Cal Poly 28-17

mvemjsunpx
September 6th, 2018, 08:04 AM
EWU OVER NAU 42-31. Bit of a homer here but EWU is loaded and NAU tends to underperform in November.

*Ahem*

Iridebikes
September 6th, 2018, 08:11 AM
*Ahem*

Point taken. History proves it. Still think EWU will win this one.

maninthehighcastle
September 6th, 2018, 09:10 AM
EWU
UI
UM
SDSU
UNC
Oregon
San Diego St
UCD
WSU

Grizalltheway
September 6th, 2018, 09:16 AM
No one is hanging 38 on the Bobcats this year. We probably won't beat SDSU but its going to be more like 28-17.

Because you held an anemic WIU offense to 23? xcoffeex

wapiti
September 6th, 2018, 09:41 AM
EWU 42 at NAU 38---Could be the game of the week in all of FCS this weekend.

Western New Mexico 3 at UI 47---MMMMM Cupcake

Drake 10 at UM 35--- UM should be able to play some 2nd stringers.

MSU 20 at South Dakota State 35--- SDSU is a top 5 team. MSU is a top 30 team.

UNC 17 at South Dakota 32--- Misery Valley should take a 3 - 2 lead on the Big Sky.

PSU 10 at Oregon 63--- Another cupcake, but this time the Big Sky team is the cupcake.

SAC 16 at San Diego State 45---This a bigger FBS game then expected. The Aztecs will be able to coast in the 4th.

SUU 27 at Oregon State 28--- OSU is suppose to be awful this year, so there is a chance for another upset.

San Diego 17 at UCD 38---UCD take San Diego to the woodshed.

WSU 35 at CP 24--- I thought CP would be much improved over last year, but they were spanked like a red headed step child against NDSU.

Idaho State at bye--- This will not count for anything. No team has ever beat bye, but then no team has ever lost to bye either.

wapiti
September 6th, 2018, 09:47 AM
Because you held an anemic WIU offense to 23? xcoffeex

WIU would of had more if not for penalties on several of their big plays. The Cats were lucky on those.
If SDSU plays penalty free they could crush the Cats.

Howlingyote
September 6th, 2018, 01:26 PM
EWU
UI
UM
SDSU
UNC
Oregon
San Diego St
UCD
WSU

UNC over USD? 😂😂😂😂😂

Roamingriz
September 7th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Eastern Wash v NAU - I am not as high on Edub this year as some are, at least until I see some proof of improvement. I think the coaching staff needs to create some results as I think that was where the eagles took the biggest step back last season. The talent is there however. But NAU should be good. Butler is a great receiver and looked great last week and so did Cookus. I think the defenses are both better this year but I would guess both will have a long day in short quick scoring drives. Eastern 38 NAU 42

W. New Mexico v Idaho - Its just too bad this has to happen, maybe Idaho could have used this game last week. Shouldn't be too much to see here. Work on guaging Idaho next week.... WNM 6 Idaho 45

Drake v Montana - Hopefully the griz can carry half a stadium worth of fans past half time. The griz put in a solidly half solid performance last week but I bet they will be hungry to put a full four quarters after that effort against UNI. The coaching staff will probably make sure of it. Drake 10 Griz 42

Montana St. v South Dakota St. - Should be a good matchup with the bobcats looking more physical than they have in a long time. However I don't think the Anderson-does-it-all show will keep them offensively in this game against what should be a strong rabbit team. The jackrabbits have some offensive questions of their own, but a very experienced qb goes a long way.Bobcats 20 SDSU 30

UNC v USD - I love the bold scheduling by UNC. Stick your neck out there, see where you stand. And the bears aren't bad. They aren't a walkover doormat like some teams. Just unfortunately they aren't upper echelon southland after the loss to mcneese, let alone MVFC, either. If USD even stays upper echelon in the MVFC. They still shouldn't have too much trouble from the bears though. Should be a great time for USD to work out some kinks and UNC to show what they've got. UNC 14 USD 28

Portland State v Oregon - Might have been fun a couple years ago with Oregon down and PSU up, but this will be pretty ugly. Not worth much to either team and another chance for injuries. PSU 7 Oregon 57

Sac St. v San Diego State - Its the type of game i think could be competitive and maybe should be, but won't be. I think sac has talent and could have a great year. SDSU is pretty good FBS though. SAC 12 SDSU 48

Southern Utah v Oregon St. - A week ago I thought this was a great FBS FCS matchup. It still is but I'm more doubtful of an upset. Losing to North Alabama does not make SUU bad by any means. I tabbed N. Alabama with the upset last week not because I thought SUU would be so down they should lose to a transitional FCS team, but rather that North Alabama I think was going to hit the ground running in the FCS. That being said, SUU has questions on both sides of the ball still, and while this Beavs team were pasted with 70 plus points against Ohio State last week, it has been overlooked that the Beavs put up 31, and not just garbage time scores either. SUU 17 OSU 31

San Diego v Cal Davis - I don't know as much about how San Diego is looking this year, but Davis is looking good. Should be a win by Davis because I feel that San Diego gets rolling later in the season more than starts out that way. We'll see.... SD 17 Davis 31

Weber St. v Cal Poly - I want the Mustangs to be good and relevant again. But they need the right personnel to excel at what they do, and outside of Protheroe I am not sure they have it. Maybe they should incorporate the pass more often, as this qb looks to throw a better ball than previous ones. Utah made Webers offense look anemic, can't remember if they got over 200 yards of offense, don't think they did. That isn't to say its a bad offense, but they will still be playing from the drawing board as an offense in this one. Gives Poly a chance if they can even score themselves. Weber 32 Poly 21

Screamin_Eagle174
September 7th, 2018, 06:16 PM

Did you forget EWU's on the schedule? xlolx

veinup
September 8th, 2018, 08:22 AM
Really hoping for a good one between NAU and EWU. Go eags.

grizzcabin
September 8th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Weber had 59 yards total 13 passing and 46 rushing

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2018, 11:22 AM
EWU
Idaho
UM
SDSU
SoDak
Oregon
Other SDSU
Oregon State
Davis
Weber

JALMOND
September 9th, 2018, 03:07 AM

Idaho State gets a bye.

9-1 this week, wasn't counting on Cookus going out with an injury. 19-4 after two weeks.

Iridebikes
September 9th, 2018, 07:53 AM
9-1 this week, wasn't counting on Cookus going out with an injury. 19-4 after two weeks.

Too bad that Cookus got hurt. SOunds like a great kid. Not sure of the effect on NAU however. The kid at back up performed well and brings the variable of running QB to the game, and he did lead NAU to scores when Cookus did not.

wapiti
September 9th, 2018, 09:25 AM

Whoops!!!!

mvemjsunpx
September 9th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Too bad that Cookus got hurt. SOunds like a great kid. Not sure of the effect on NAU however. The kid at back up performed well and brings the variable of running QB to the game, and he did lead NAU to scores when Cookus did not.

Cookus getting hurt isn't the reason they lost to Eastern, but it could be responsible for later losses because teams will be preparing for Bridge-Gadd.