PDA

View Full Version : Texas State Begins Spring Drills Monday

TexasTerror
March 18th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Kickoff for the Brad Wright Era in San Marcos. What will happen for this program? Can Wright build off the success that David Bailiff had before he left for Rice? Will Brad George actually end up being a better QB than rival QB, Rhett Bomar of Sam Houston State as the Bobcat faithful feel? No doubt the Bobcats will pack their stadium, adding a few more top 20 crowds to their list.

Nice backfield for sure with Zwinggi and Canady...
-------------
March 17, 2007

SAN MARCOS - With a new coaching staff in place, new offensive and defensive schemes set to be implemented and 43 lettermen back, including 14 starters, there are plenty of story lines which will unfold during Texas State's first series of spring practices under new head coach Brad Wright.

Wright, who served as the Bobcats' assistant head coach the past three seasons, became Texas State's 15th head football coach in late January. And since being introduced, Wright has put together a coaching staff as well as landed his first signing class.

But Monday, attention moves to the playing field as the Bobcats go through the first of 15 practices. Texas State will hold four practices during the first week of spring. The drills culminate April 14th with the annual Maroon and Gold Spring Game.

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031707aaa.html

bobcatfan06
March 18th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I'm not sold on our new coach. The way he has handled the whole Wasson ordeal has left me with a few doubts.

Bearkatpresident
March 18th, 2007, 06:27 PM
We start our Spring Training on Thursday. Can't wait

What happened with Wasson?

blackfordpu
March 18th, 2007, 06:32 PM
I'm not sold on our new coach. The way he has handled the whole Wasson ordeal has left me with a few doubts.

Yea, do tell, what happened to Wasson?

TexasTerror
March 18th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Yea, do tell, what happened to Wasson?

Here's a post about the Wasson situation...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20790

Bearkatpresident
March 18th, 2007, 07:16 PM
So he'll be graduating.

I don't see the big deal. Please enlighten me as to why this is some sort of 'situation'

slycat
March 19th, 2007, 12:42 AM
i dont see what the big deal is. so he didnt try to convince wasson to stay. so what. like ive said before i will miss wasson as a player but his education is much more important and its great to see him choose it over football.

im looking forward to wright and the new staff. im hoping for more agressive play calling and a better secondary.

bobcatfan06
March 19th, 2007, 01:08 AM
It's not really that he didn't convince him to stay, it's the way that between Chase and the AD/Wright there is a different story. One says that he was dismissed and the other says he asked for a leave of absence for personal reasons.

Link to the story in the University Star (Texas State's student paper)
http://star.txstate.edu/content/view/2899/

Bearkatpresident
March 19th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Ahhh, I suppose anytime a former player refers to the staff as a regime it would raise some concerns.