PDA

View Full Version : Five Burning Questions Concerning GA Southern FB

TexasTerror
March 18th, 2007, 07:30 AM
I know your all wondering what the heck is going to happen in Statesboro this year. Where GA Southern falter or will they rise from the ashes? What's Coach Chris Hatcher have in store for the team that plays with the six flags hanging from the stadium?

Five burning questions concerning GSU football
Sports
Donald Heath | Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 12:30 am |

STATESBORO - There are several questions surrounding the Georgia Southern football program this spring.

That's what happens when you come off your worst season ever and a new head coach and his staff take over.

So coach Chris Hatcher hopes to give the Eagles faithful some answers during an approximately monthlong, 15-workout stint, which begins Friday and ends with the Blue-White intrasquad game April 21.

"The first thing we want to do is get the guys on my page," Hatcher said. "We want to get them use to the way I do things and what kind of effort and attitude is expected."

http://savannahnow.com/node/245171

CID1990
March 18th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Are you trying to stir the pot again? LOL

TexasTerror
March 18th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Are you trying to stir the pot again? LOL

Hey, I'm not the one putting borderline 'smack' topics in FCS Discussion...:D

Eyes of Old Main
March 18th, 2007, 06:14 PM
I think there are more than five burning questions in Statesboro this offseason.

And there will probably be more than five fires burning at Coach Hatcher's house next offseason if the Eagles don't make the playoffs.

Mr. C
March 18th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Good piece by one of FCS's best writers, Don Heath. As for the more questions thing, Don only had SO MUCH room to write, so he had to limit it to just five for now. If you wrote a piece on all of the questions down at Georgia Southern, you would be well on your way to rewriting War and Peace.

bobbythekidd
March 18th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Good piece by one of FCS's best writers, Don Heath. As for the more questions thing, Don only had SO MUCH room to write, so he had to limit it to just five for now. If you wrote a piece on all of the questions down at Georgia Southern, you would be well on your way to rewriting War and Peace.
War and Peace, would be a good start. September will answer a lot of questions.

Kill'em
March 18th, 2007, 09:56 PM
September better because I don't think much will be proven this spring, except a change in attitude. I look for a good season.

Go...gate
March 18th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Why shouldn't GSU improve? The departure of the coach seems to be addition by subtraction.

Kill'em
March 18th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Don Heath is a credit to his profession, as they say. As much as I like his write-ups on Georgia Southern, it is refreshing to see him get onto them when necessary. His article about "The Eagles Have Crash-Landed" was on the mark.

PaladinFan
March 18th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Why shouldn't GSU improve? The departure of the coach seems to be addition by subtraction.

They should most definitely improve. Hatcher seems like a guy who is more excited to be at GSU than BVG ever was.

I think that 5th question is spot on. John Morhing, IMO, is irreplaceable. They can fill in that spot, but it won't be near the calibre player. We had the same issue with Ingle Martin, yes he has a backup, but production will take a hit.

Kill'em
March 19th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Linebacker is, in my opinion, our biggest question. Mohring and Earwood, a three-year starter was the foundation of the defense. Terrione Benefield is going to be a star, and only a sophomore. The other spots will probably be filled, initially, with transfers.

Notice, I didn't say that kicking was my biggest question. I whole-heartedly feel piss-poor coaching was to blame for this because special teams was an all-around disaster. We didn't cover kicks well. Our punt returns stunk and we had way too many kicks blocked.