PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina A&T 2007 Aggie Schedule

BigApp
March 17th, 2007, 06:30 PM
09/01 @ Winston-Salem State
09/08 @ Prairie View A&M (Angel City Classic--Los Angeles, CA)
09/15 Hampton
09/22 North Carolina Central
09/29 Norfolk State
10/06 @ Morgan State
10/13 Delaware State
10/20 @ Howard
10/27 Bethune-Cookman (Homecoming)
11/03 @ Florida A&M
11/10 OPEN
11/17 @ South Carolina State

http://www.ncataggies.com/Football/schedule2007.htm

Mr. C
March 17th, 2007, 08:56 PM
NCAT and Prairie View playing in Los Angeles (wonder where?)? I can't see those two teams drawing much of a crowd in L.A.

phyrbirdphan
March 17th, 2007, 09:20 PM
NCAT and Prairie View playing in Los Angeles (wonder where?)? I can't see those two teams drawing much of a crowd in L.A.

road-kill classic!!!! will only draw flys in L.A.!!!! xcoffeex

gr8ness97
March 17th, 2007, 09:32 PM
looks like a nother 0-fer season...

Mr. C
March 17th, 2007, 10:17 PM
You might be right. The Aggies have a long way to go, which is something, considering they were MEAC champs and that I watched them in the first round of the playoffs in 2003.

TexasTerror
March 17th, 2007, 11:29 PM

Both of these teams have a history of futility...NCA&T the last few years and Prairie View A&M is what you used to find next to 'loss' in the thesaurus...doesn't seem like that attractive of a Classic, but there's a promoter who is willing to put the $$$ there..

Mr. C
March 17th, 2007, 11:36 PM
NCAT was a solid MEAC team until the last three or four years. Don't see much appeal in this "Classic." George Small got a raw deal and now the Aggies are paying for firing him.

BigApp
March 19th, 2007, 10:30 AM
just hope it's not at the Coliseum or Rose Bowl! xeekx

HIU 93
March 19th, 2007, 12:48 PM

They will draw a respectable number (somewhere around 20K I would assume). This is the only chance for people in California to see HBCU football and be immeresed in a HBCU environment without having to travel halfway across the country.

AppGuy04
March 19th, 2007, 03:46 PM
They will draw a respectable number (somewhere around 20K I would assume). This is the only chance for people in California to see HBCU football and be immeresed in a HBCU environment without having to travel halfway across the country.

Is there a demand for HBCU football in the West? Are all HBCU football schools in the south and east?

Bulldog87
March 19th, 2007, 07:08 PM
They will draw a respectable number (somewhere around 20K I would assume). This is the only chance for people in California to see HBCU football and be immeresed in a HBCU environment without having to travel halfway across the country. I'll respectfully disagree on the 20,000. Back in the 70's this game would've drawn 30,000 or more in LA. Sadly these days the "Hip-Hop" generation isn't interested in HBCU sports and the lure of watching UCLA and USC on the tube will keep the "Babyboomer" population at home on the couch. I'll recind this statement if I see a free concert of some sort on the bill with a game ticket. Example,Maze for folks in my generation or Snoop Dogg for the "Hip-Hoppers. With some type of entertainment a good crowd is possible. Otherwise it's doubtful. I'd love to be wrong.

AppGuy04
March 19th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I'll respectfully disagree on the 20,000. Back in the 70's this game would've drawn 30,000 or more in LA. Sadly these days the "Hip-Hop" generation isn't interested in HBCU sports and the lure of watching UCLA and USC on the tube will keep the "Babyboomer" population at home on the couch. I'll recind this statement if I see a free concert of some sort on the bill with a game ticket. Example,Maze for folks in my generation or Snoop Dogg for the "Hip-Hoppers. With some type of entertainment a good crowd is possible. Otherwise it's doubtful. I'd love to be wrong.

I was gonna ask if there was anything else going on with this game. I remember A&T and Central used to have rappers perform a day or two before the Aggie/Eagle Classic

HIU 93
March 20th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Is there a demand for HBCU football in the West? Are all HBCU football schools in the south and east?

The westernmost HBCU is Langston University in Oklahoma. Yes, there is a demand for HBCUs on the west coast. HBCUs have educated people from all 50 states and numerous foreign countries. The A&T and PVA&M alumni from the SoCal and surrounding areas that aren't able to attend home games, MEAC and SWAC fans and alumni on the west coast who may only usually be able to attend homecoming or a Classic, and general interest from students and the general public are the people who "demand" HBCUs on the west coast. Remember, Jay Walker is a native Los Angelino, and he led Howard to some of its more successful campaigns ever.

blackcaesar3k5
March 20th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I believe Compton College is an hbcu that plays football in NJCAA.. The Aggies hasn't been the same since the firing of Bill Hayes back in 2002.. North Carolina A&T did had great season back in 2003 under Small.. But George Small is basically one year wonder and never was great recruitier during his days at A&T..

appfan2008
March 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM
There may be a demand but these are not the right two teams for that situation... that is because they are just bad

Panther88
March 20th, 2007, 07:18 PM
For all prognosticators, explain why Morehouse/Alcorn St did well the year prior.

I eagerly await your attempts @ a "good" response. So, so, so negative. Clueless to the makeup/history/dynamics of PVAMU and I most certainly won't entertain to educate you. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

And, PVAMU is the WESTERN-most HBCU (outside of the more recently developed CCC). Not Langston. Some of you who claim "HBCUism" should know this. xsmhx Know your history.

HIU 93
March 21st, 2007, 08:11 AM
For all prognosticators, explain why Morehouse/Alcorn St did well the year prior.

I eagerly await your attempts @ a "good" response. So, so, so negative. Clueless to the makeup/history/dynamics of PVAMU and I most certainly won't entertain to educate you. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

And, PVAMU is the WESTERN-most HBCU (outside of the more recently developed CCC). Not Langston. Some of you who claim "HBCUism" should know this. xsmhx Know your history.

Wasn't trying to disrespect PVA&MU, Panther. Just made a geography mistake. I'm on your side, dude.

Panther88
March 21st, 2007, 11:38 AM
Wasn't trying to disrespect PVA&MU, Panther. Just made a geography mistake. I'm on your side, dude.

Wasn't directed @ U H93. I'd never disrespect you like that.

That was directed @ the "others" who sound like those "others." lol Feel me?

HIU 93
March 21st, 2007, 01:29 PM
I believe Compton College is an hbcu that plays football in NJCAA.. The Aggies hasn't been the same since the firing of Bill Hayes back in 2002.. North Carolina A&T did had great season back in 2003 under Small.. But George Small is basically one year wonder and never was great recruitier during his days at A&T..

We're not talking about JUCOs. I think Fobbs, given time, will build A&T back into a MEAC power.

Mr. Tiger
March 21st, 2007, 06:34 PM
We're not talking about JUCOs. I think Fobbs, given time, will build A&T back into a MEAC power.

I agree. They were really young last year because they had a lot of players quit before Fobbs was named coach. I hope they give him time to recruit more players.