PDA

View Full Version : Bearkat Football: Team on the Rise?

TexasTerror
March 14th, 2007, 06:23 PM
A blog from our newest Bearkat fan, Ronnie Turner, about the Bearkats heading into the spring...

Hopefully the coverage keeps coming! xthumbsupx
----------------------
Bearkat football: Team on the rise or not?

When scanning the list of Texas universities that should have much improved football programs in 2007, one would surely find Sam Houston State on that list.

There's a lot of optimism building up around Huntsville, these days. The Bearkats' 2007 spring training will begin on March 22 as the team prepares to embark on its third season under the direction of head coach Todd Whitten.

Sam Houston State returns 52 lettermen including eight starters from last year's squad which finished 6-5 and runner-up in the Southland Conference. Added to that group of players that will suit up for spring drills will be Rhett Bhomar, the former embattled Oklahoma quarterback who transferred to Sam Houston State in August.

Bomar, who will be a junior next season, was a nationally touted prospect coming out of Grand Prairie High School, and he has the tools to be a top-notch quarterback in almost any conference. That's significant because Sam Houston State has become a "Division I Quarterback Rehabilitation Center" over the past few years. Since 1999, three quarterbacks--Chris Chaloupka (Oklahoma State), Josh McCown (SMU) and Dustin Long (Texas A&M)--becamed SLC Players of the Year after setting up shop at Sam Houston State.

http://blogs.chron.com/areacolleges/2007/03/bearkat_football_team_on_the_r.html

BEAR
March 14th, 2007, 08:46 PM
the former embattled Oklahoma quarterback

.....how are self inflicted wounds ever considered embattled? xeyebrowx

blackfordpu
March 14th, 2007, 08:48 PM
.....how are self inflicted wounds ever considered embattled? xeyebrowx

A definition of embattled below:
2. engaged in or beset by conflict or struggle.

TexasTerror
March 14th, 2007, 09:24 PM
A definition of embattled below:
2. engaged in or beset by conflict or struggle.

About to be in another one...a familiar struggle for the Kats, engaging with McNeese State in Lake Charles...xviolinx

McNeese75
March 14th, 2007, 10:56 PM
About to be in another one...a familiar struggle for the Kats, engaging with McNeese State in Lake Charles...xviolinx

xprayx xhurrayx

blackfordpu
March 15th, 2007, 09:55 PM
xprayx xhurrayx

I'm going to try to make that game. Want to see Bomar light up the pokes. xnodx

McNeese75
March 15th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I'm going to try to make that game. Want to see Bomar light up the pokes. xnodx

You can bet somebody is going to get lit up :D

MplsBison
March 15th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I didn't realize it until now, but Bomar is going to be in Fargo (assuming he's cleared to play or whatever) Sept 15th.

I bet that's one place he never dreamed he'd be playing when he signed with OU.

TexasTerror
March 16th, 2007, 07:45 AM
I didn't realize it until now, but Bomar is going to be in Fargo (assuming he's cleared to play or whatever) Sept 15th.

I bet that's one place he never dreamed he'd be playing when he signed with OU.

Bomar has already been cleared, long time ago...

He will be on the field for the Kats and he'll be ready for the Bison. The question is, who will emerge as the Kats corps of big-time contributors?

Bearkatpresident
March 18th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Nice to see the Chron cover a school in which thousands of Houstoners (?) attend. It's about freaking time.

Can't wait for football.