PDA

View Full Version : Don Hansen is an idiot

CSUBUCDAD
March 14th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I have heard you guys talk about your disgust with him here before, but this guy is a complete nutjob. His 2006 All American team is a joke( the one just released on March 8th). Let's just say that, there are the obvious choices and some surprises as there always are with a all american list that has 300 or so freakin players listed. But how the hell do you have that many listed and do not include several multiple year all conference players, one conference player of the year etc?

JoshUCA
March 14th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I have heard you guys talk about your disgust with him here before, but this guy is a complete nutjob. His 2006 All American team is a joke( the one just released on March 8th). Let's just say that, there are the obvious choices and some surprises as there always are with a all american list that has 300 or so freakin players listed. But how the hell do you have that many listed and do not include several multiple year all conference players, one conference player of the year etc?
I agree!

March 14th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't say idiot... the guy knows a lot about football... just stretched too thin.

RichH2
March 14th, 2007, 01:58 PM
While Don stretcheds a bit, lets remember he was basically the first to provide coverage for college football other than BCS. back in the day his was the ranking u looked forward to each week

CSUBUCDAD
March 14th, 2007, 02:08 PM
I give him credit for starting the polls for FCS but it is obvious he is fishing for subcriptions to his weekly by looking at the list he put out. We have a guy around here named Billy Baker. He runs an outfit call "High School Sports Report". He charges schools a good bit of money to cover their sports. You don't pay, you don't get much coverage.

DukesR4Real
March 15th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Its funny that this is a topic over here. I am a big donhansen poster since I'm a Duquesne guy and the mid majors get more exposure over on those message boards. But in the last week or so this has been a huge topic of discussion over there and actually a couple of our regulars have decided not to return. I dont think Don is an idiot, but you can see he is clearly slipping in his old age. He mis-spelled names of players as well as schools. I think its time for someone else to take over for him, someone who has football in mind and not selling subscriptions.