blur2005
July 25th, 2005, 05:56 PM
http://dnronline.com/07-25-05/w072105%20JMU%20Uniform1%20NF.jpg

That's the away jersey.

EDIT: I should add the story from the Daily New's Record:

Dukes Get Swooshed
By MIKE BARBER
http://www.dnronline.com/sports-story2.asp

When the swoosh comes calling, you listen.

So after winning the Division I-AA football championship, James Madison has signed a five-year contract with Nike, making the company the sole supplier of uniforms, apparel, shoes and equipment for the Dukes.

"At Nike, their marketing is so good that it really enhances our recruiting," JMU coach Mickey Matthews said this week. "Kids like that swoosh on their jersey."

Not only do the Dukes now have that swoosh on their jerseys, they have it on brand new jerseys. ...

DuckDuckGriz
July 25th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Those are nice, but I like the old ones better. These ones don't seem to be as bold.

WCU LawCat
July 25th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Just like ours whith the stripes under the arms.

Sam_Kats
July 25th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Are all the players going to glue on beards like that??

blur2005
July 25th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Interestingly, that guy doesn't even play for the team anymore...he was a senior on the championship team, so I think it's odd he was asked to model the new unis.

And I think the uniforms are pretty cool...though you could be right about them not being very bold. I think the home jerseys are bolder though, with purple as the dominant color and white stripes (or "side-panels") on the side. Overall, they're pretty attractive. The same cannot be said for Rondell Bradley, the "model."

igo4uni
July 25th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Are all the players going to glue on beards like that??

Now, now, that might be a taped on beard, not a glue on!! :D :D \

peace

igo4uni

greenG
July 26th, 2005, 01:08 AM
http://dnronline.com/07-25-05/w072105%20JMU%20Uniform1%20NF.jpg

That's the away jersey.

EDIT: I should add the story from the Daily New's Record:

Here's a link (http://www.stylenetwork.com/) that should be of interest to you, style maven that you are ;).

89Hen
July 26th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Interestingly, that guy doesn't even play for the team anymore...he was a senior on the champsionship team, so I think it's odd he was asked to model the new unis.
I may be completely off here, but I think there are some rules about using current players to promote certain things. A lot of photos on stuff that can be construed as promotional will have recently graduated players. Anyone?

tribe ol
July 26th, 2005, 08:57 AM
I think JMU made a mistake here. Their old uni's were distinctive and obviously worked for them. This looks very much like the Arena-League looking crap that lots of college teams are going to these days.

NoCoDanny
July 26th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Here's another picture of him:

http://www.anytimecostumes.com/Merchant2/graphics/beards/0352045t.jpg

DTSpider
July 26th, 2005, 10:11 AM
I may be completely off here, but I think there are some rules about using current players to promote certain things. A lot of photos on stuff that can be construed as promotional will have recently graduated players. Anyone?

Current players can't get paid for anything so if money or future use involved it would have to be a player without eligibility. Last year UR used players to "show off" the new uniforms, but it was at the first practice of the season. So don't know if that makes a difference.

colgate13
July 26th, 2005, 10:49 AM
I want to know when they started calling themselves "Madison"? What happened to "James"?

AgentOrange
July 26th, 2005, 11:05 AM
I know it has been mentioned before...
But with these new uni's, are we going to see names on the back, too?

Keep it with the classic. Numbers only!

ChickenMan
July 26th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I want to know when they started calling themselves "Madison"? What happened to "James"?

Maybe it's 'back to the future'... James Madison was just 'Madison' until the name change in the late '70's.

GtFllsGriz
July 26th, 2005, 12:12 PM
I like'em! They look good to me.

blur2005
July 26th, 2005, 05:46 PM
JMU has always had the "Madison" on the front of the jerseys...at least as long as I can remember seeing JMU, so at least a decade. Last year's jerseys had that as well. JMU likes the whole "Madison" thing, as there is now a big purple "M" painted on the bleachers of one side of Bridgeforth Stadium, and the cheerleaders for the last few years have had unis that said "Madison" on them.

Maybe it's 'back to the future'... James Madison was just 'Madison' until the name change in the late '70's.
Yeah, it was Madison College until 1976, when the school became James Madison University. A funny side note, my Aunt went to Madison College, left school for a couple years because she had a son, then came back and graduated from the newly christened JMU. If you're interested in more about JMU, Wikipedia has some notes on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Madison_University

The Gadfly
July 26th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I like'em and congrats on the Nike deal. I can't wait to see'em with the Graveyard's mud caked all over them.

ngineer
July 26th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Thought it odd that you went with only "Madison" on the front. It is JAMES Madison University---not Dolly's!

GAD
July 26th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Very,very nice win a I'm sorry win the NATIONAL TITLE get some real cool perks.

JMU1992
July 28th, 2005, 12:32 AM
I can't say I like them very much. They should stick with the purple and gold.

By the way, I think they started putting "Madison" on their jerseys about 10 years ago. Most people refer to the school as JMU, but I have heard a few of my friends from other Virginia schools just call it Madison.

89Hen
July 28th, 2005, 08:35 AM
win the NATIONAL TITLE get some real cool perks.
Yeah, but it didn't work for the Hens. They changed their unis last year after winning the NC and didn't make the semis last year. :bang:

JMU Duke Dog
July 30th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Thought it odd that you went with only "Madison" on the front. It is JAMES Madison University---not Dolly's!

At the JMU-Lehigh playoff game, some drunk old man kept yelling "Dolly Madison" at us. Was it you?

Tribe4SF
July 30th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Although I haven't seen the home set, I have to say I liked the old ones better. The new type stripe is already common, and the white pants are not at all distinctive.

JMU2004
July 30th, 2005, 11:22 PM
just a heads up.....the white pants are ONLY the practice pants..... the very same that we all sported during two-a-days.

The all whites will sports a purple stripe.........but I really dont know that much, other than that picture is not the REAL uniform