PDA

View Full Version : NC A&T 2018 Preview

WestCoastAggie
July 25th, 2018, 05:07 PM
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2018-preseason-preview-north-carolina-at-ajaj

FCS: North Carolina A&T Football Loaded Again

dewey
July 25th, 2018, 09:51 PM
I am really excited to see the NC A&T vs Jacksonville State game.

I am going to guess NC A&T is 10-1 with a win in the Celebration Bowl. My guess is that the loss is Jacksonville State East Carolina, and then Bethune Cookman...maybe Grambling in the Celebration Bowl.

From keepers stats the Aggies lost 5.5 starters on offense and 2.8 on defense.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
July 25th, 2018, 11:33 PM
I am really excited to see the NC A&T vs Jacksonville State game.

I am going to guess NC A&T is 11-1 this season.

Dewey
Do I need to ask who the 1 is?

WestCoastAggie
July 26th, 2018, 06:27 AM

These predictions...

DEX
July 26th, 2018, 08:02 PM
I would be happy with 10-1.

JSUSoutherner
July 26th, 2018, 08:46 PM
I would be happy with 10-1.
:)

Bison56
July 27th, 2018, 07:02 AM

Hopefully its not JSU. I don't think I could take all the championship talk from one of the most delusional fan bases in the FCS.

WestCoastAggie
July 27th, 2018, 09:01 AM
Hopefully its not JSU. I don't think I could take all the championship talk from one of the most delusional fan bases in the FCS.

This is the most hilarious thing I've ever read here. A&T fans delusional???

Wow...

McCowboys
July 27th, 2018, 09:14 AM

Wow...

I must have misread. I thought Bison56 was referring to the JSU fans as being delusional, not the NC A&T fans. ?

caribbeanhen
July 27th, 2018, 10:55 AM
I must have misread. I thought Bison56 was referring to the JSU fans as being delusional, not the NC A&T fans. ?

it's a package deal... We should coin the game the delusional Bowl ....

having said that, it is a very interesting FCS match-up, wish there were more good ones like this game

dewey
July 27th, 2018, 11:00 AM
having said that, it is a very interesting FCS match-up, wish there were more good ones like this game

I 100% agree and wish there were more of the marquee OOC.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
July 27th, 2018, 06:27 PM

Wow...
No he was talking about JSU. Spend a few hours on the FCS Facebook page if we beat you, you'll see what he's talking about.

The headlines will be "the offense is back and might be better than 2015", "defense reloaded", and "If NCA&T didn't play in the Celebration Bowl last year they would have been in at least the quarterfinals". The first two are boasting, obviously, but the last one will be because rational people will question what this game actually means considering we have no other games to base it off of and JSU fans on that page will lose their collective **** that someone could ever question a win over a MEAC team. xrolleyesx

WileECoyote06
July 27th, 2018, 07:40 PM
@ BCU and @NCCU. I predict I predict BCU gets it done this year, knocking Raynard out for the season and knocking the farmers off their perch. Then NCCU beats that ass in Durham, for 3 wins in 4 years.

WestCoastAggie
July 27th, 2018, 09:21 PM
@ BCU and @NCCU. I predict I predict BCU gets it done this year, knocking Raynard out for the season and knocking the farmers off their perch. Then NCCU beats that ass in Durham, for 3 wins in 4 years.

Wow. What a prediction, man.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 28th, 2018, 06:00 PM
What would it mean for A&T to get this win and what does that say for the FCS. Are the Gamecocks good enough to really solidify A&T as a "Great Team"?????

semobison
July 28th, 2018, 07:24 PM
What would it mean for A&T to get this win and what does that say for the FCS. Are the Gamecocks good enough to really solidify A&T as a "Great Team"?????

It would be a bigger win for A&T imo. JSU most likely will still win their weak conference, make the playoffs, and get bounced early. A&T with a win will be able to say they beat a perennial FCS playoff team. I think it is a good matchup but will really tell us little on how good either team really is. Anyway...I'll watch it.

AggieManiac704
July 29th, 2018, 10:51 AM
No he was talking about JSU. Spend a few hours on the FCS Facebook page if we beat you, you'll see what he's talking about.

The headlines will be "the offense is back and might be better than 2015", "defense reloaded", and "If NCA&T didn't play in the Celebration Bowl last year they would have been in at least the quarterfinals". The first two are boasting, obviously, but the last one will be because rational people will question what this game actually means considering we have no other games to base it off of and JSU fans on that page will lose their collective **** that someone could ever question a win over a MEAC team. xrolleyesx

Forgive WCA....he can be a tad sensitive at times

Thumper 76
July 29th, 2018, 11:41 AM

I don’t think it would be enough to solidify them as a “great” team, but would likely help legitimize them in the eyes of many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milktruck74
July 29th, 2018, 01:08 PM
I hate to think that a single game can legitimize an entire season....especially if the game is not even in the same season. There is no doubt that I have been an open critic of HBU football. However, the opener for A&T shouldn't define their entire season from last year....but many will use it as a litmus test for the SWAC and MEAC in the FCS. I'm conflicted. I think this game could go many ways. But we will know all we need to about A&T on Aug 26th. And as far as delusional fanbases go.....maybe we should just award the Natty at this game. Ha.

JSUSoutherner
July 29th, 2018, 03:28 PM
I don’t think it would be enough to solidify them as a “great” team, but would likely help legitimize them in the eyes of many.

I don't think winning this game will help either team. The winner will be met with "Oh well, you beat a 'MEAC or OVC' team" and the loser will get mountains of crap saying "see you guys are TOTAL frauds.

Winner will gain nothing, loser will lose everything.

AggieManiac704
July 29th, 2018, 04:07 PM
From our point of view.....its another baby step forward.

JSUSoutherner
July 29th, 2018, 04:15 PM
From our point of view.....its another baby step forward.

If you win.

If you lose, at the end of the season when you're 10-1 and about to demolish someone in the Celebration Bowl and you guys are complain about not being ranked high enough the story will be "lul you guys lost to an OVC team"

Professor
August 3rd, 2018, 04:29 PM
I don't think it will be a complaint. This is our moment

DEX
August 5th, 2018, 03:43 PM
I don't think it will be a complaint. This is our moment

Some of our folks will complain which I don't understand. Our conference has chosen to forego the playoffs so why does poll placement matter?

WestCoastAggie
August 5th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Some of our folks will complain which I don't understand. Our conference has chosen to forego the playoffs so why does poll placement matter?

Playoff placement for at-large bids, for one.

Professor
August 10th, 2018, 10:25 AM

Not about poll placement and that's what no one gets. 10 years ago we had a 27 game losing streak which is the 2nd longest in FCS history. This game is the coming together of 10 long hard years of building a program. And now we have a chance to beat a team that is a staple in FCS. Again a huge moment

dgtw
August 11th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Not about poll placement and that's what no one gets. 10 years ago we had a 27 game losing streak which is the 2nd longest in FCS history. This game is the coming together of 10 long hard years of building a program. And now we have a chance to beat a team that is a staple in FCS. Again a huge moment

Too bad you don’t do playoffs. That’s when we go from a staple to a paperclip.

JSUSoutherner
August 11th, 2018, 02:39 PM

I laughed at that more than I should have.

semobison
August 11th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Playoff placement for at-large bids, for one.

When was the last time a MEAC at large team won a playoff game?

Big Dawg
August 12th, 2018, 10:10 AM
When was the last time a MEAC at large team won a playoff game?

1999...FAMU beat Appalachian State and Troy on the road in 99...then choked away a 4th quarter lead against Youngstown State in the Semifinals.

A&T was the champ that year and beat Top ranked Tennessee State on the road then lost to Youngstown State in the quarterfinals.

Big Dawg
August 13th, 2018, 12:19 AM
If you win.

If you lose, at the end of the season when you're 10-1 and about to demolish someone in the Celebration Bowl and you guys are complain about not being ranked high enough the story will be "lul you guys lost to an OVC team"

If they go 10-1, then that also means they beat an FBS team...assuming that one loss is to Jacksonville State(or FAMU).

I mean honestly, the pressure is on NCA&T to perform well, when the pressure should actually be on Jax State to not lose to a MEAC team with a new head coach while being ranked just outside of the Top 5 nationally...you’re “supposed” to win.

JSUSoutherner
August 13th, 2018, 05:45 AM
Aren't they playing ECU? They're hardly FBS material.

Big Dawg
August 13th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Aren't they playing ECU? They're hardly FBS material.

FBS is FBS

JSUSoutherner
August 13th, 2018, 10:06 AM
FBS is FBS
Yeah and bad FBS is bad. JMU took them to the woodshed last year in their own house. Want to be looked at as an FCS elite? Then do that.

Professor
August 13th, 2018, 11:50 AM

I missed that one

Big Dawg
August 13th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Yeah and bad FBS is bad. JMU took them to the woodshed last year in their own house. Want to be looked at as an FCS elite? Then do that.

Or they could just beat JaxSU

JSUSoutherner
August 13th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Or they could just beat JaxSU
You make it sound like that's the easier option.

Big Dawg
August 13th, 2018, 12:30 PM
You make it sound like that's the easier option.

I didn’t make a prediction one way or the other...all I said was “Or they could just beat JaxSU”