PDA

View Full Version : Samford's DUCK

SU DOG
July 11th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Today on Sirius Channel 84 ESPNU - The Playbook. Samford Sr. QB Devlin Hodges was questioned about his duck calling as well as signal calling. For those that don't know, Hodges won the World Junior Duck Calling Championship in 2009 at the age of 13. This past weekend he won the State of Alabama title. His nickname by his teammates and others is "DUCK." Few, if any college QBs have ever given the term "dual-threat QB" this much of a unique meaning. xlolx
Devlin did a great job and the hosts Jason Horowitz and Barrett Sallee gave many kudos to the FCS, Coach Hatcher and the Samford Football Program.

I just wish that more national media outlets would give such good publicity to FCS football and its players.

FUBeAR
July 11th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Link http://www.wbrc.com/story/38611483/record-setting-samford-quarterback-is-also-a-champion-duck-caller

(jeez - I have to do EVERYTHING around here!)

FormerPokeCenter
July 11th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Maybe he'll end up like this guy:

http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/18740/how-good-was-phil-robertson-at-football

Schism55
July 11th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Today on Sirius Channel 84 ESPNU - The Playbook. Samford Sr. QB Devlin Hodges was questioned about his duck calling as well as signal calling. For those that don't know, Hodges won the World Junior Duck Calling Championship in 2009 at the age of 13. This past weekend he won the State of Alabama title. His nickname by his teammates and others is "DUCK." Few, if any college QBs have ever given the term "dual-threat QB" this much of a unique meaning. xlolx
Devlin did a great job and the hosts Jason Horowitz and Barrett Sallee gave many kudos to the FCS, Coach Hatcher and the Samford Football Program.

I just wish that more national media outlets would give such good publicity to FCS football and its players.
Sometimes I forget just how weird you mofos in the south are xlolx

cx500d
July 11th, 2018, 05:15 PM

Not since Phil Robertson I guess anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saxbison
July 11th, 2018, 11:29 PM
Sometimes I forget just how weird you mofos in the south are xlolx

Man we're closer to the hicks down south in western ND than to those in Fargo and Grand Forks. I'm a short reed goose call enthusiast and practice regularly. (Not in town, my neighbors complained).

Thumper 76
July 12th, 2018, 01:37 AM
Link http://www.wbrc.com/story/38611483/record-setting-samford-quarterback-is-also-a-champion-duck-caller

(jeez - I have to do EVERYTHING around here!)

Well if we didn’t give you something to do then you’d be bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cocky
July 13th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Troll, I thought it was a story on Samford ducking JSU.