PDA

View Full Version : Chuck South to release 4 year schedule later this spring

CSUBUCDAD
March 8th, 2007, 04:34 PM
I just read that in the Post and Courier and about gagged on my drink. Wow, how many FCS teams do that? I never heard of any.

cosmo here
March 8th, 2007, 04:40 PM
I just read that in the Post and Courier and about gagged on my drink. Wow, how many FCS teams do that? I never heard of any.

most schools do that in their media guide, so they'll get it a couple months later.

CSU BUCS
March 8th, 2007, 09:14 PM
It's prob going to be the "Official announcement" of the 4 D-1A's that we will play through 2010. I was told that an "Official announcement" would not be made until all were a done deal.

GeauxColonels
March 8th, 2007, 09:32 PM
It's pretty easy if you can lock up contracts for the coming years and you know exactly who you'll be playing in conference. But I've never heard of a full schedule being released. I'm willing to be it will be a list of the teams they are scheduled to play over the next 4 years...that is unless something happens and one of the games has to be changed.

cosmo here
March 9th, 2007, 10:47 AM
It's pretty easy if you can lock up contracts for the coming years and you know exactly who you'll be playing in conference. But I've never heard of a full schedule being released. I'm willing to be it will be a list of the teams they are scheduled to play over the next 4 years...that is unless something happens and one of the games has to be changed.

Lafayette releases the full schedule for the next three years (so 2008, 09, 10) in its media guide every year.

Go...gate
March 9th, 2007, 12:35 PM

Most FCS schools seem to do this these days. It is a great selling point for recruiting.

TexasTerror
March 9th, 2007, 12:36 PM

Florida A&M has it's schedule for the next four years available...

Granted, they play the same out of conference foes each year and the nine games they get from the MEAC, but they did release it...

andy7171
March 9th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah, Towson plays Navy, Northwestern, Indiana and Maryland in the next upcoming years. Plus Morgan State each year, and the eight CAA teams. Only two slots are open each year. I'm assuming CCSU and Colgate are at least 2 year contracts maybe 4, so I know who we are playing pretty much each year, four years out.

appfan2008
March 9th, 2007, 06:34 PM
you all are very lucky because other than a few fbs schools we have no idea who we are going to play and oh yeah we are the top team in the land... doesnt seem to make sense does it!
we probably wont know for weeks :(

Seawolf97
March 11th, 2007, 04:03 PM
It will be interesting if Stonybrook and Albany appear as conference games in 2008 and beyond.

Ol Blue
March 16th, 2007, 12:13 PM
bump

can someone post a link to the article?