PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll 2018 Dates & Information

ursus arctos horribilis
June 17th, 2018, 06:05 PM
The dates for the AGS Poll activities to begin the season will start in about a month so I figured I would put out an alert for you guys as to the dates of events.

Monday July 16, 2018
New voters registration for the 2018 AGS Poll will open.

Monday July 23, 2018
AGS Poll preseason voting will commence

Monday July 30, 2018
AGS Poll preseason voting will come to a close so we can begin bickering about the results.

xlolx

There will be a new thread for newbs to register when that date arrives.

All voters that took last year off will receive an email inquiring if they are out for good or if they want readmission between now and AGS Poll 2018 opening for voting.

As in the other thread please don't pm me. Just post your question up here and either I or another AGS Poll voter will provide guidance on any questions you may have.

Check this thread out to see some of our current members and how they have fared historically.

2017 List of Poll Perfection (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?207023-The-List-Of-AGS-Poll-Perfection-2017)

TheKingpin28
June 17th, 2018, 07:31 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/H6k4xzJV3vjZm/giphy.gif

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 17th, 2018, 08:31 PM
I'm excited but not truly giddy. If only the PL had a Top 25 worthy team....

BisonFan02
June 17th, 2018, 09:54 PM
I'll probably do it again this year.

IBleedYellow
June 17th, 2018, 10:36 PM
I'm back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Twentysix
June 18th, 2018, 01:28 AM
I'm back bitches.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Gangtackle11
June 18th, 2018, 05:17 AM
I’m back

Daytripper
June 18th, 2018, 11:09 AM
My Sunday morning ritual will soon commence once again....

gotts
June 18th, 2018, 11:16 AM
I'm out this year. Kids have infiltrated my football watching too much. I look forward to joining back in when they are older!

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2018, 03:54 PM
I'm back bitches.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

About time. You and bluehenbill both ought to be ashamed for taking the last couple off.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2018, 03:57 PM
I'm out this year. Kids have infiltrated my football watching too much. I look forward to joining back in when they are older!

Sorry, can't allow that. You are gonna have to figure out a way to do it.

BisonFan02
June 18th, 2018, 09:42 PM
Sorry, can't allow that. You are gonna have to figure out a way to do it.

Can I use kids as an excuse too?

cx500d
June 18th, 2018, 10:22 PM
Can I use kids as an excuse too?

Use the old man as an excuse...is he of diaper changing age yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dewey
June 18th, 2018, 10:25 PM
I have 3 kids, a dog and a wife and I get my top 25 done every Sunday night.

I am ready to roll for another year.

Dewey

cx500d
June 18th, 2018, 10:31 PM

Dewey

You think that’s hard? Well I have, oh yeah, no kids, no dog, and no wife. Come to think, it’s pretty easy.

Daytripper
June 18th, 2018, 10:32 PM

Dewey

Damn Right!

dewey
June 18th, 2018, 10:45 PM
You think that’s hard? Well I have, oh yeah, no kids, no dog, and no wife. Come to think, it’s pretty easy.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkNo kids that you know of🤣

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cx500d
June 18th, 2018, 10:48 PM
No kids that you know of🤣

Dewey

Well, I have a kid but he’s grown and on his own.

dewey
June 18th, 2018, 10:49 PM
Well, I have a kid but he’s grown and on his own.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkWell that makes it much easier. All you need is a computer and some Michelob Golden Light.

Dewey

cx500d
June 18th, 2018, 10:50 PM
Well that makes it much easier. All you need is a computer and some Michelob Golden Light.

Dewey

He brought me back some mich golden light, so his father obviously taught him well

Schism55
June 19th, 2018, 12:54 AM
I'd be down to do this for the first time.
Will be firing up the word processor and downing Zima light....don't hate xdrunkyx

RootinFerDukes
June 19th, 2018, 06:17 AM
Will be firing up the word processor and downing Zima light....don't hate xdrunkyx

You must be a UVA fan with those Zimas.

OhioHen
June 19th, 2018, 06:22 AM
You must be a UVA fan with those Zimas.

Schism said "Zima Light" so that means Carolina Panthers fan.

POD Knows
June 19th, 2018, 08:56 AM
Use the old man as an excuse...is he of diaper changing age yet?

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkI sit there in my depends, a tee shirt and iPhone 5 and bang that poll out every weekend. Actually, I use my company issued laptop for the poll but that doesn't fit the imagery as well.

RabidRabbit
June 19th, 2018, 11:49 AM
Looking forward to making it to 5 in a row. Too bad Sandy impacted perfection in ‘12. What will be the storm name impacting this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
June 19th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Don't know if any of you have seen this as I posted it on the perfection thread over the weekend. I went though each and every voter sheet and made sure they are all updated and historically accurate with all you votes on them.

Here is an example of what it looks like when a poster is on the verge of the gold badge.

Top Notch AGS Poll Voter (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQoDBBHOkoC1BNbqq7GV8Cv4LlxMtxZTZxP_DFwy_aSe3iBUV 2xJ1jhor9aVPz4Ovs6TWFsIq5rPpcr/pubhtml)

grizband
June 20th, 2018, 04:27 AM
I'm in again this year.

Trumpster
June 20th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Looking forward to get back to perfection this year. I traveled too much for work last year and wasn't able to keep up to date on teams

POD Knows
June 20th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Looking forward to get back to perfection this year. I traveled too much for work last year and wasn't able to keep up to date on teams
Since when was keeping up on teams a requirement. Did you see some those polls that were submitted?

Catbooster
June 20th, 2018, 12:15 PM
You're doing it wrong.....spreadsheet, beer is correct.

And welcome to the pollsters. xthumbsupx

JMUNJ08
June 20th, 2018, 12:25 PM
I'm coming back! Took last year off completely but itching for some great FCS poll discussions this year!

IBleedYellow
June 20th, 2018, 01:52 PM
I'm coming back! Took last year off completely but itching for some great FCS poll discussions this year!

Go away.

/s

Catatonic
June 21st, 2018, 05:57 AM
The dates for the AGS Poll activities to begin the season will start in about a month so I figured I would put out an alert for you guys as to the dates of events.

Monday July 16, 2018

Monday July 23, 2018

Monday July 30, 2018
AGS Poll preseason voting will come to a close so we can begin bickering about the results.

xlolx

All voters that took last year off will receive an email inquiring if they are out for good or if they want readmission between now and AGS Poll 2018 opening for voting.

As in the other thread please don't pm me. Just post your question up here and either I or another AGS Poll voter will provide guidance on any questions you may have.

Check this thread out to see some of our current members and how they have fared historically.

2017 List of Poll Perfection (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?207023-The-List-Of-AGS-Poll-Perfection-2017)

i have already completed a first draft of my pre season top 25, subject to change....

I based mine on ranking and brief descriptions by The two preseason polls that are out and Massey’s computer ranking.

If the rest of Hero Sports preseason write ups of FCS teams are as good as the one for ACU, I’ll revise based on their analysis. They are looking at FCS teams alphabetically, two a day, so it will take some time to get to Villanova.

Mike296
June 21st, 2018, 09:31 AM
I’m down to do polls this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 21st, 2018, 01:44 PM

Good deal. Once the registration for new voters opens up it is really simple. You just provide your username on AGS (EXACTLY) as it appears on here and they the email address that you check daily (no spam ever sent) so that when your ballot is sent back to you it is checked and vetted by you for errors.

Using you as a way to get that info. out there for others that might be contemplating joining in.

Also, there is a forum that only poll voters have access to which will open to you as well.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
June 21st, 2018, 01:46 PM
i have already completed a first draft of my pre season top 25, subject to change....

I based mine on ranking and brief descriptions by The two preseason polls that are out and Massey’s computer ranking.

If the rest of Hero Sports preseason write ups of FCS teams are as good as the one for ACU, I’ll revise based on their analysis. They are looking at FCS teams alphabetically, two a day, so it will take some time to get to Villanova.

Good to get a jump on thinking about it like that I think as long as you are not married to your spots which it appears you are not.

Catatonic
June 21st, 2018, 02:24 PM
Good to get a jump on thinking about it like that I think as long as you are not married to your spots which it appears you are not.

I’m not likely to change my top 5 or so. I’m not really wed to them, but they are such obvious choices I don’t see much change. Fifteen to 25? I may do a lot of changing in this group. And whatever I decide now in the preseason about teams 20 to 25 will probably prove to be totally wrong by the fifth week of the season anyway.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 21st, 2018, 02:27 PM
I’m not likely to change my top 5 or so. I’m not really wed to them, but they are such obvious choices I don’t see much change. Fifteen to 25? I may do a lot of changing in this group. And whatever I decide now in the preseason about teams 20 to 25 will probably prove to be totally wrong by the fifth week of the season anyway.

Agree on all that.

Thumper 76
June 21st, 2018, 02:34 PM

FCS Discussion Thread Drift Diversion Project
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=31927&share_tid=207935&share_pid=2640626&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eanygivensaturday%2Ecom%2Fsh owpost%2Ephp%3Fp%3D2640626&share_type=t

Prime Power
June 22nd, 2018, 08:56 PM
I just retired from the Army so I have a lot more free time and would like to give it a shot this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 22nd, 2018, 10:32 PM

Monday July 16, 2018

Monday July 23, 2018

Monday July 30, 2018

xlolx

The poll will open up tomorrow but don't expect this until mid to late afternoon. You have a week of the vote being open so you won't be under any pressure to rush on it.

bjtheflamesfan
July 22nd, 2018, 10:37 PM
The poll will open up tomorrow but don't expect this until mid to late afternoon. You have a week of the vote being open so you won't be under any pressure to rush on it.

Wishing you and the rest of the AGS voters well this season UAH. I enjoyed being a poll voter the last...what...8 seasons? It'll be fun to just sit and read every week and chuckle at how much better this poll gets it compared to the other FCS polls

caribbeanhen
July 23rd, 2018, 06:26 AM

the top 5 are obvious.... hmmmm, I'm already behind then..... I got the top 2 down so far

McCowboys
July 23rd, 2018, 09:09 AM
This will be my first time ever. I am looking at results from last year and the conference preseason polls for this year.

I know we have a week to submit the preseason poll -- Thank goodness! I don't know how to submit a poll or the format (Google doc, spreadsheet, etc.) that it needs to come in. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. You can answer me here because maybe some others are new like me or direct me to instructions on the how-to's.

Thanks in advance!

Professor Chaos
July 23rd, 2018, 09:31 AM
This will be my first time ever. I am looking at results from last year and the conference preseason polls for this year.

I know we have a week to submit the preseason poll -- Thank goodness! I don't know how to submit a poll or the format (Google doc, spreadsheet, etc.) that it needs to come in. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. You can answer me here because maybe some others are new like me or direct me to instructions on the how-to's.

Thanks in advance!
The voting process is just a Google form with a dropdown list for #1 through #25 that includes all eligible teams.

The best approach is to use a spreadsheet to build your poll ballot. I'd recommend just copying last year's final poll (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?200506-AGS-Poll-Results-FINAL-POLL-2017-SEASON) into your spreadsheet as a starting point and moving teams around accordingly based on what you think. Using this approach helps make sure you don't forget a team. Then once you're done just enter the results in your Google form using your spreadsheet as your guide. And after you've finished all 25 dropdowns go through the form again to make sure you didn't make any mistakes since it won't automatically check if you entered the same team twice or if you might've selected the team right above or below the team you meant (like if you put Valparaiso in there instead of Villanova).

That's my approach at least and I think it's one shared by most voters. A couple other things I do personally that I'd recommend also is to keep all your poll ballots in the same spreadsheet and as the season moves on just move to the right using your last poll as a guide to ensure that you don't forget any teams (but don't worry about moving teams too far up or down early in the season - your poll ballot is and should be very volatile the first few weeks based on what teams disappoint and impress from their preseason expectations). Also I like to make a list of 8-15 teams that aren't included in my poll ballot but on my "watch list" as teams that should be considered in the top 25 just to make sure I'm not staying too stuck to the 25 teams I had on the ballot last week.

Finally, don't be afraid to post your poll ballot on the poll thread posted each week (make sure you do it in that week's poll thread so you don't do it until after the consensus poll results are released). You might get some harsh criticism but defending your position and seeing what others think of your position is the best way to improve your technique and improving your ballot as the season goes on.

Catbooster
July 23rd, 2018, 11:12 AM
The voting process is just a Google form with a dropdown list for #1 through #25 that includes all eligible teams.

The best approach is to use a spreadsheet to build your poll ballot. I'd recommend just copying last year's final poll (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?200506-AGS-Poll-Results-FINAL-POLL-2017-SEASON) into your spreadsheet as a starting point and moving teams around accordingly based on what you think. Using this approach helps make sure you don't forget a team. Then once you're done just enter the results in your Google form using your spreadsheet as your guide. And after you've finished all 25 dropdowns go through the form again to make sure you didn't make any mistakes since it won't automatically check if you entered the same team twice or if you might've selected the team right above or below the team you meant (like if you put Valparaiso in there instead of Villanova).

That's my approach at least and I think it's one shared by most voters. A couple other things I do personally that I'd recommend also is to keep all your poll ballots in the same spreadsheet and as the season moves on just move to the right using your last poll as a guide to ensure that you don't forget any teams (but don't worry about moving teams too far up or down early in the season - your poll ballot is and should be very volatile the first few weeks based on what teams disappoint and impress from their preseason expectations). Also I like to make a list of 8-15 teams that aren't included in my poll ballot but on my "watch list" as teams that should be considered in the top 25 just to make sure I'm not staying too stuck to the 25 teams I had on the ballot last week.

Finally, don't be afraid to post your poll ballot on the poll thread posted each week (make sure you do it in that week's poll thread so you don't do it until after the consensus poll results are released). You might get some harsh criticism but defending your position and seeing what others think of your position is the best way to improve your technique and improving your ballot as the season goes on.
This is all good advice. It sounds like I do it the same way as Professor Chaos. I'll emphasize one point he makes.

My impression is that the most common mistakes on poll submittals are forgetting a team or listing them twice. It's easy to make a mistake, but to me this is an easy one to avoid. When I start the next week's poll, I copy/paste the previous poll (and others under consideration) to the next open column. This makes sure I have all of the teams and only have them listed once. Then when moving them around, I do not delete teams to make room for the new team in that position, I drag and drop them next to my new poll. This way I see them right there and I don't forget to put anyone in, or put them in twice. The only time I delete a team is when they've lost some games and are no longer in consideration for me; The only time I type in a new team is when they were not under consideration but have been winning and move into consideration. By only dragging and dropping, I maintain my full list so no one is forgotten and no one gets listed twice.

Everyone probably has their own system, but this works for me.

WestCoastAggie
July 23rd, 2018, 11:42 AM

I'm glad I saw this because I was just about to ask this question.

I will utilize Hero Sports little blurbs about most teams along with the Massey Composite and rosters from team's websites.

I'm going to try to use that spreadsheet technique too!

Happy Voting! And I won't be an A&T homer, either. xlolx

McCowboys
July 23rd, 2018, 12:45 PM

Thank you! Though I haven't voted before, I have, of course, read the poll threads and had read advice from others. Yes, I've already started a couple of spreadsheets, including last year's final AGS poll.

Yes, I have seen some of the lovely, thoughtful comments some of the posters received when they posted their polls....

So the drop-down menu will be mailed to me? Or do I find it here on AGS?

- - - Updated - - -

Wonderful! This will be like my AGS Poll Bible that I can refer back to.

Professor Chaos
July 23rd, 2018, 01:01 PM
Thank you! Though I haven't voted before, I have, of course, read the poll threads and had read advice from others. Yes, I've already started a couple of spreadsheets, including last year's final AGS poll.

Yes, I have seen some of the lovely, thoughtful comments some of the posters received when they posted their polls....

So the drop-down menu will be mailed to me? Or do I find it here on AGS?

- - - Updated - - -

Wonderful! This will be like my AGS Poll Bible that I can refer back to.
You should get an email saying that poll is open with a link to the Google forms sheet. You can also get there from the site here as there's usually a "Vote here" banner either on the top or bottom of the page (or both) when the poll is open. You'll just be asked to enter your email and AGS username when you fill it out. I believe anyone can hit that form and submit a ballot so that's why ursus makes people register so he knows which ballots to accept and which ones not to.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 23rd, 2018, 02:48 PM
I'm glad I saw this because I was just about to ask this question.

I will utilize Hero Sports little blurbs about most teams along with the Massey Composite and rosters from team's websites.

I'm going to try to use that spreadsheet technique too!

Happy Voting! And I won't be an A&T homer, either. xlolx

All good thoughts and ideas and as you have probably seen the vote is now open.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 23rd, 2018, 02:53 PM
You should get an email saying that poll is open with a link to the Google forms sheet. You can also get there from the site here as there's usually a "Vote here" banner either on the top or bottom of the page (or both) when the poll is open. You'll just be asked to enter your email and AGS username when you fill it out. I believe anyone can hit that form and submit a ballot so that's why ursus makes people register so he knows which ballots to accept and which ones not to.

Only poll voters can see anything that utilizes the voting link. If not a voter they can't see the gif on the forum or any of the forums where the links are posted. I want that only for voters so we don't have it being abused by others.

Also, the gif that is normally at the bottom of each page will not be available this go around. There are some issues with this site and another one for hosting pics that are giving me real f'n toruble right now...and as such...no worky.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 23rd, 2018, 02:58 PM
One additional note. Something is also broken with the emailer that sends the voter his ballot immediately after submission. As such I have to manually do these until I figure out why this is a problem now. I will do these several times a day but if you don't see it right away this is the reason, they have to be done manually as I can get to them.

McCowboys
July 23rd, 2018, 04:41 PM

Yes! I received my voting email today!

ElCid
July 23rd, 2018, 08:45 PM
This is all good advice. It sounds like I do it the same way as Professor Chaos. I'll emphasize one point he makes.

My impression is that the most common mistakes on poll submittals are forgetting a team or listing them twice. It's easy to make a mistake, but to me this is an easy one to avoid. When I start the next week's poll, I copy/paste the previous poll (and others under consideration) to the next open column. This makes sure I have all of the teams and only have them listed once. Then when moving them around, I do not delete teams to make room for the new team in that position, I drag and drop them next to my new poll. This way I see them right there and I don't forget to put anyone in, or put them in twice. The only time I delete a team is when they've lost some games and are no longer in consideration for me; The only time I type in a new team is when they were not under consideration but have been winning and move into consideration. By only dragging and dropping, I maintain my full list so no one is forgotten and no one gets listed twice.

Everyone probably has their own system, but this works for me.

That's pretty much how I do it on my spreadsheet. But I also have a 26-35'ish list at the bottom so I always keep those teams in the bull pen, so to speak, to make sure I don't miss the borderline teams. I also keep columns on my spreadsheet which list both Massey and Sagarin ranks and SOS. They are just data points to make sure I have a sanity check. I don't use them as a primary input.

I will say I like to watch as many games as I can, but sometimes I only get to see 3 or 4. At the very least I review the box scores for all FCS teams each week. The NCAA site is a great source for that. I like to know "how" teams win and lose.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 23rd, 2018, 11:01 PM
These are some of my favorite discussions around here always. How people look into things, their philosophy on why they believe, and all the finer points of being an FCS fan.

clenz, MTFan, kalm, and many others I have talked to or listened to on this all have slightly different but really good, in depth ways of coming to their choices as well so I imagine most folks voting in this give it a hell of an effort to do a really good job....just like you guys already chiming in here.xthumbsupx

FUBeAR
July 23rd, 2018, 11:27 PM
Pre-season poll is in. I decided to apply a little Proverbs 3:5 this year for my opening poll.

So, I created the "FUBeAR Composite" using every pre-season poll and rankings (overall FCS & Conference) that I could find, as well as last year's AGS Final Poll. The 'secret sauce' is in the weighting and data manipulatin' that I did to cipher out the "FUB-C." Ranked 'em all from 1-124 and force-ranked ties based on various criteria (for example...strength of mascot pushed the Davidson Wildcats over the top in their 123/124 tie with MVSU...because I don't know what the heck a Delta Devil is). I didn't include North Alabama...should I?...also didn't include Liberty...and I won't...whether I should or not.

I expect to apply a high-level of rankings elasticity once games get underway. The FUB-C (trademark pending), itself, will become, by far, the heaviest weighted rankings in the FUB-C after Week 1. In other words, Proverbs 3:5 will give way to Ezekial 25:17 (TJV (Tarantino/Jackson Version)).

Also, I imagine there might be a few BSC peeps who want to know - I have 2 BCS Teams in my top 10, 3 in my Top 20 and 4 in my Top 25. Of course, I have VMI at #26 also. (Just kidding...about VMI...the rest is true...but see "elasticity" above - any of y'all planning to get blown out by a PFL Team in the Regular Season this year? The "FUB-C" has an app for that. I'm calling it "SinkLikeAROCK&TakeTheWholeBSCDownWithYou 1.0").

Have fun, y'all. I will.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2018, 12:04 AM
peops
BSC

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2018, 12:06 AM
and also

xlolx
good work,

IBleedYellow
July 24th, 2018, 12:12 AM
Am I crazy or can I not find the link?

Don't answer the first question.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2018, 12:17 AM

The link is in secret spots that I may not have given you acces to yet after you Joe Walshing it last year. Let me go check holmes.

There is no gif at this time due to two f'd up sites I'm fixing btw if that is where you are looking check your email cuz the link is always there. Again, I may not have enlisted you yet so I'm checking on that.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2018, 12:22 AM

My bad, I didn't send the email cuz I didn't move you out of the slackers and into the "Group of Integrity".

Will send another email tomorrow morning.

Trumpster
July 24th, 2018, 08:39 AM
My bad, I didn't send the email cuz I didn't move you out of the slackers and into the "Group of Integrity".

Will send another email tomorrow morning.

Is there any way for me to moved out of the group of slackers? I'll do better this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2018, 01:45 PM
Is there any way for me to moved out of the group of slackers? I'll do better this year.

Yes, I am going to send an email to slackers later today to request the say yes or no so I know to move them out of the way if they really aren't going to participate. An answer in this thread works as well so I'll mark you as in.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2018, 04:13 PM
I have sent out the 2nd poll email for new voters and some of the old ones that I had moved out of the groups.

All of you that should have received the email now have it...unless I forgot someone. In which case let me know here so we can figure this out.

Please click every link and make sure you have access to all areas that will be necessary. If you don't I need to fix it so again leave a note here if something doesn't work for you.

POD Knows
July 24th, 2018, 04:19 PM
My awesome poll is submitted but I might be embarrassed to share it.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2018, 04:23 PM
My awesome poll is submitted but I might be embarrassed to share it.

Yes, I saw it came in but I haven't looked at any individual ballots yet cuz I'm struggling to get back in the groove and just stay afloat right now. xlolx

We have about 25 entries already.

TheRevSFA
July 24th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Thanks Ursus.

dbackjon
July 24th, 2018, 05:39 PM
Thanks Ursus

POD Knows
July 24th, 2018, 08:01 PM
Yes, I saw it came in but I haven't looked at any individual ballots yet cuz I'm struggling to get back in the groove and just stay afloat right now. xlolx

We have about 25 entries already.Thanks for the work that you do, I look forward to this every year, I didn't even know Elon had a football team until I started doing this poll, I was pretty focused on the MVFC and hoping UND would lose every weekend.

POD Knows
July 25th, 2018, 09:18 AM

We have about 25 entries already.This might be a dumb question but I didn't get the email back with my poll results, do we get one of those on the preseason poll?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 25th, 2018, 11:18 AM
This might be a dumb question but I didn't get the email back with my poll results, do we get one of those on the preseason poll?

They don't come back automatically (right now) as something has apparently changed and the script stopped working for some reason. Don't have time to fix that right now so I am sending manually and I did send yours a while after it came in with several others so you should have it.

I'll go check on it and see but I got my copy of your ballot so you should have yours too as it is a single proces with CC: and so forth.

caribbeanhen
July 25th, 2018, 03:14 PM
just hit the submit button in my first ever AGS FCS Poll..... Ursus did not reach through the computer and grab my hand so it must be alright....

In all seriousness Ursus I'm seeing how much work and time you put into this poll

thank you for all you do and for allowing me to participate!

McCowboys
July 25th, 2018, 03:36 PM
just hit the submit button in my first ever AGS FCS Poll..... Ursus did not reach through the computer and grab my hand so it must be alright....

In all seriousness Ursus I'm seeing how much work and time you put into this poll

Congratulations, Caribbeanhen! I, too, will be following suit with my first ever FCS poll. I've made a list and am checking it twice....

dbackjon
July 25th, 2018, 06:34 PM
Watch out! Lumberjacks are voting this year for the first time in awhile.

cx500d
July 25th, 2018, 06:42 PM

Where do you have San Diego?

UpstateBison
July 25th, 2018, 06:50 PM
I submitted my first ever AGS poll last night and have received the confirmation email. Thanks for all you do UAH.

Mike296
July 25th, 2018, 07:01 PM
I submitted my poll on Monday but I won’t reveal anything on my list until next week.

ElCid
July 25th, 2018, 07:13 PM

Ouch.

TheKingpin28
July 25th, 2018, 07:42 PM

https://i.giphy.com/media/NJZMSqRY3rG9i/giphy.webp

dbackjon
July 25th, 2018, 08:01 PM

That will be revealed when the poll comes out. They are in the poll. But thanks for asking.

FUBeAR
July 25th, 2018, 08:10 PM

https://i.giphy.com/media/W9WSk4tEU1aJW/giphy.gif

TheRevSFA
July 25th, 2018, 08:41 PM

I’ve been voting for a while..../

dbackjon
July 25th, 2018, 09:11 PM
I’ve been voting for a while..../

Wrong Lumberjacks ;)

TheRevSFA
July 25th, 2018, 09:22 PM
Wrong Lumberjacks ;)

I assumed you meant the most important lumberjacks, you know, the ones who don’t have a separate venue for football and basketball....

i kid Jon, I kid

cx500d
July 25th, 2018, 09:33 PM
I assumed you meant the most important lumberjacks, you know, the ones who don’t have a separate venue for football and basketball....

i kid Jon, I kid

TheKingpin28
July 25th, 2018, 09:47 PM

I have her wearing: https://media.tenor.com/images/70fd2507b79cfc894b57dd14185525be/tenor.gif

(For Dewey and Laker)

VandalBasher
July 25th, 2018, 10:59 PM
For the poll, what is considered to be significant win and loss?

Thumper 76
July 25th, 2018, 11:13 PM
That is a debate every year. For some its the win that had the biggest affect on a teams ranking, for some its whose win was against the highest ranked team, or what win affected the playoffs the most, or who was upset by the biggest underdog. Really its up to each pollster to define it for themselves.

Thumper 76
July 25th, 2018, 11:14 PM

I have them getting ready for fall camp in California. Where else would they be.

RootinFerDukes
July 26th, 2018, 06:03 AM

My personal definition is who had the most impressive win that week and who had the most WTF loss (among ranked teams of course). Some argue that a loss could be season changing but not necessarily unexpected and therefore “WTF?”.

caribbeanhen
July 26th, 2018, 06:51 AM

In Fargo early December

ElCid
July 26th, 2018, 08:34 AM
That is a debate every year. For some its the win that had the biggest affect on a teams ranking, for some its whose win was against the highest ranked team, or what win affected the playoffs the most, or who was upset by the biggest underdog. Really its up to each pollster to define it for themselves.

Plus they don't have to be from the same game. But they could be. Seems obvious, but I don't think it is for some folks.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 26th, 2018, 01:04 PM

Thanks buddy I really appreciate that. When I had to build the thing the first go around man I was like a full time employee of the AGS Poll so nowadays putting in 8 to 10 hrs. a weekend seems like childs play. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 26th, 2018, 01:18 PM

You don't ever have to select one but it is really just sort of "what does AGS think" thing. For the purpose of the preseason there is no game so there is no reason to cast a glance on those two choices at this point.

I chose SDSU a couple years back as my significant loos because I was impressed with their showing against TCU I think it was. It was significant to me because in the loss they gained traction in my mind as to how good they were/could be.

It was significant to me even though it was a loss. Now it can also be negatively significant if a team that you don't expect to lose absolutely screws the pooch and gets their butt kicked when you don't feel they should have.

It is really just an eye of the beholder thing but it is not only to be considered a negative thing at least in the eyes of some AGSers. Other opinions differ as you will soon see on the Monday afternoon Lollapollooza that goes on around here every week.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 27th, 2018, 02:47 PM
Get your votes in ASAP please.

McCowboys
July 27th, 2018, 04:46 PM
I submitted my FIRST POLL EVER earlier this morning and have since received my confirmation email.

The Yo Show
July 27th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Sorry Ursus, I'll be getting my poll in shortly. Have really struggled with this one this year. After a couple names I have no real clue. Lots up for debate

Edit: Done! Poll submitted.

Vandal03
July 27th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Thanks for organizing this. This is a great way to learn about different schools and conferences. I can’t wait to see how similar and different my ballot is from the group.

kdinva
July 27th, 2018, 08:39 PM

I did on Tuesday.......never got the e-mail confirmation, so I did it again just now, and I triple checked my e-mail address, in case I mi**** a key.....

TheRevSFA
July 27th, 2018, 08:59 PM

just above Tijuana but just below LA

FUBeAR
July 27th, 2018, 09:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToWuQSpROw0

Schism55
July 28th, 2018, 06:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NERXer22e3E

FUBeAR
July 28th, 2018, 06:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NERXer22e3E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_pMYJdzFAo

Schism55
July 28th, 2018, 06:31 PM
Just broke my AGS voting cherry!
Having a bong and a blintz to celebrate! xsmiley_wix

ngineer
July 28th, 2018, 09:25 PM
I submitted my poll last night, but have not received a confirmatory email, though the site said I submitted correctly when I hit the button.

Derby City Duke
July 28th, 2018, 09:54 PM

Just got in off the road from Charlotte and points north; will git r done tomorrow.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 28th, 2018, 10:19 PM
I submitted my poll last night, but have not received a confirmatory email, though the site said I submitted correctly when I hit the button.

I submitted mine late morning/early afternoon today and did not get a copy of my poll either. I think there was mention of a glitch but we should be OK??

Thumper 76
July 28th, 2018, 10:31 PM
I submitted mine late morning/early afternoon today and did not get a copy of my poll either. I think there was mention of a glitch but we should be OK??

He said the auto mailer is down.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2018, 01:53 PM
I did on Tuesday.......never got the e-mail confirmation, so I did it again just now, and I triple checked my e-mail address, in case I mi**** a key.....

My man,please don't submit a second poll...ever...unless I specifically tell you to do so. If you didn't get an email then you should send one on your own to agspoll email to fix the problems. If you do get an email and have a question or fix then you should reply I repeat reply to that email to get back in touch.

I've mentioned in the thread that I have to manually do these for now but I did send then a couple of times/day during the week so unless you did have an incorrect email the only way I think you would not receive one is if you did not place agspoll in your contacts list per my previous instructions.

Using this response to try and get the word out again to people as to how to help my keep this thing sort of organized.

I want to say it one more time for the new guys and so forth. Don't pm me or AGS Poll about your ballot. Use the email only please.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2018, 01:56 PM

Earlier in the thread I mentioned why on this one and that you guys will have to wait a bit for those since I have to go do them manually.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2018, 01:57 PM
He said the auto mailer is down.

Thanks man, appreciate when people jump in and help me out like this.

Thumper 76
July 29th, 2018, 08:05 PM
Thanks man, appreciate when people jump in and help me out like this.

Had to make up for my procrastination somehow

kdinva
July 29th, 2018, 08:32 PM
My man,please don't submit a second poll...ever...unless I specifically tell you to do so.

so noted, thanks....

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2018, 08:40 AM
BisonFan you have got to get back to me on the email sent so go check it ASAP. This closes in a couple hours.

IBleedYellow
July 30th, 2018, 09:19 AM
My man,please don't submit a second poll...ever...unless I specifically tell you to do so. If you didn't get an email then you should send one on your own to agspoll email to fix the problems. If you do get an email and have a question or fix then you should reply I repeat reply to that email to get back in touch.

I've mentioned in the thread that I have to manually do these for now but I did send then a couple of times/day during the week so unless you did have an incorrect email the only way I think you would not receive one is if you did not place agspoll in your contacts list per my previous instructions.

Using this response to try and get the word out again to people as to how to help my keep this thing sort of organized.

I want to say it one more time for the new guys and so forth. Don't pm me or AGS Poll about your ballot. Use the email only please.

What was that?

Submit multiple polls and PM AGSPoll to fix errors?

Got it. :D

But for real guys - don't submit two polls. I did that once and the wrath that was Ursus the bear was the scariest thing known to man.

Catbooster
July 30th, 2018, 10:04 AM
What was that?

But for real guys - don't submit two polls. I did that once and the wrath that was Ursus the bear was the scariest thing known to man.

IBY and Ursus "discussing" the merits of submitting a second poll to rectify a mistake:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28307&stc=1

BisonFan02
July 30th, 2018, 10:05 AM
I suck......

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2018, 10:38 AM
What was that?

the Grizzly.

But the reason you don't take two is due to being limited in the number of ballots it will send back or allow me to manually send back on a given day.

For instance my friend BF02 and several others didn't get their ballot emailed due to being over quota this morning. Their votes are in but they can't check the ballot and see what they submitted due to not being able to send them one later today or tomorrow morning.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to let some of the new guys know why this is in place and so forth.

I have your ballots fellers, I just can't send them back to you.

kalm

Twentysix

centennial

BisonFan02

Mr. C

That is the list of no sendies so far.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2018, 10:41 AM
20 minutes left so get your ballots in if you have not yet.

We've had a tremendous turnout so far this year for the preseason vote it appears. I'll have to go back and check how many cast in last years preseason but we around the mid 80's mark right now.

POD Knows
July 30th, 2018, 10:50 AM
the Grizzly.

But the reason you don't take two is due to being limited in the number of ballots it will send back or allow me to manually send back on a given day.

For instance my friend BF02 and several others didn't get their ballot emailed due to being over quota this morning. Their votes are in but they can't check the ballot and see what they submitted due to not being able to send them one later today or tomorrow morning.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to let some of the new guys know why this is in place and so forth.

I have your ballots fellers, I just can't send them back to you.

kalm

Twentysix

centennial

BisonFan02

Mr. C

That is the list of no sendies so far.I never got mine back either, I checked my spam folder to be sure.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2018, 10:54 AM
I never got mine back either, I checked my spam folder to be sure.

Shoot POD, I got my copy of yours I'm pretty sure but I'll get it sorted out after the posting and so forth and figure out what the hell is going on with that one. I got yours, no duplicates, no problems.xthumbsupx

POD Knows
July 30th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Shoot POD, I got my copy of yours I'm pretty sure but I'll get it sorted out after the posting and so forth and figure out what the hell is going on with that one. I got yours, no duplicates, no problems.xthumbsupxThank you sir