PDA

View Full Version : VMI annual giving

vmifan
March 7th, 2007, 04:41 PM
VMI annual fund raising has raised 2.1Mill towards its 3.5Mill annual goal (60%) through end of February with 4 months to go for this fiscal year.:hurray:

Go...gate
March 7th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Damn, that is good. Congratulations.

appfan2008
March 7th, 2007, 04:55 PM
i work currently at the appalachian fund on asu's campus and our goal this is 700,000 and we are not quite on pace to make it... so i completely understand how awesome that is

if you are an asu alum and you get a call from the App fund and and the person is kevin(me) please be nice

but seriously congrats to vmi that is impressive

Linehawg
March 10th, 2007, 10:08 AM
...and it never ceases to amaze me. With all the institutional impediments to ever putting a winning team on the field, they keep throwing money at it expecting something to change...or do they? Maybe "losing with grace" is the concept they're teaching?xcoffeex

vmifan
March 10th, 2007, 05:19 PM
commitment by alumni to annual giving, the commitment by the administration evidenced by 1) more money to athletics, 2) new coaching staffs in about every sport, 3) new stadiums. Sure, VMI is a military school and will have challenges that the "normal" schools don't have, but it is happening now before your eyes. Baseball has already made the turn (winning 2 at Florida), Basketball is making the turn (losing on last shot at Winthrop of championship game which if won would have sent VMI to final 64, and football will get there once numbers and skill sets are assembled.
Keep the faith!

March 10th, 2007, 07:17 PM
VMI annual fund raising has raised 2.1Mill towards its 3.5Mill annual goal (60%) through end of February with 4 months to go for this fiscal year.:hurray:$2,100,000???? WOWIE ZOWIE!! :hurray: :eek: :hurray:

DFW HOYA
March 11th, 2007, 04:54 PM
VMI annual fund raising has raised 2.1Mill towards its 3.5Mill annual goal (60%) through end of February with 4 months to go for this fiscal year.:hurray:
Is this annual fundraising number solely for football, for athletics, or for the institute overall?

vmifan
March 11th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Is this annual fundraising number solely for football, for athletics, or for the institute overall?

this is solely for athletics. The school is small (1,300 cadets) and so athletic "activity" fees from the student body are relatively minor compared to schools much larger in enrollment, so the burden is on the alumni and friends to pay for the scholarships and part of the athletic dept operations budget. VMI does have an endowment, but money off that is not great, and that income is not counted in this 3.5Million annual fund to be raised by 6/30/07.....last year VMI raised 2.8Million by 6/30/06.

Go...gate
March 11th, 2007, 10:15 PM
this is solely for athletics. The school is small (1,300 cadets) and so athletic "activity" fees from the student body are relatively minor compared to schools much larger in enrollment, so the burden is on the alumni and friends to pay for the scholarships and part of the athletic dept operations budget. VMI does have an endowment, but money off that is not great, and that income is not counted in this 3.5Million annual fund to be raised by 6/30/07.....last year VMI raised 2.8Million by 6/30/06.

My God, what Colgate could do with support like that.

March 11th, 2007, 11:00 PM
My God, what Colgate could do with support like that.No kidding! Keydets are givers!!!!!!