PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Take?

Peems
March 7th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Well it's that time again, the offseason where there is little to talk about, but here is a question that may or may not have been asked before. If you could take one player from any team and put him on your squad who would it be and why?
I would take Santos and put him on the Griz, oh it would be wonderful.

Sir William
March 7th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I'll take two: Santos and Lex Hilliard...to team up with the J-train Felton for an unstoppable backfield. :thumbsup:

Mountaineer
March 7th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Felton from Furman. Him and Richardson in the backfield = world of hurt. :nod:

Peems
March 7th, 2007, 04:18 PM
I'll take two: Santos and Lex Hilliard...to team up with the J-train Felton for an unstoppable backfield. :thumbsup:

I was thinking of taking felton myself, but isn't he primarily a fullback? the Griz usually don't use a fullback, i mean he could be a punisher, but it seems he fits more with an option team.:twocents:

Grizo406
March 7th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Not a player, but I'd take Shawn Elliott from App State. Player wise, I'd pick Armanti Edwards.

Both have the potential, and could contribute to the Griz Nation!:nod: xlolx xlolx

Peems
March 7th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Not a player, but I'd take Shawn Elliott from App State. Player wise, I'd pick Armanti Edwards.

Both have the potential, and could contribute to the Griz Nation!:nod: xlolx xlolx

The nation above all...

appfan2008
March 7th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I am pretty happy with the team we got... back to back championships will do that to you

Peems
March 7th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I am pretty happy with the team we got... back to back championships will do that to you

Cmon are you telling me the Colts wouldn't take LT if he were available? are you telling me that the Colts wouldn't take Jason Taylor? Your team may be back to back champs but there is always room for improvement.

CopperCat
March 7th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I'd take Travis Lulay for one more year (2006) and put him with the receiving corps we had. The cats would have been at least 8-3. Rolo and Carpenter were okay at best. With a receiving corps as talented as this one was, it was just a waste to let Rolovich try to throw to them.:nonono2:

NDSUFREAK
March 7th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Any tall and fast WR. xlolx
I wouldn't trade our QB for the world.

Kill'em
March 7th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Until we got the ol' Hatchman I would have taken Jerry Moore.

appfan2008
March 7th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Cmon are you telling me the Colts wouldn't take LT if he were available? are you telling me that the Colts wouldn't take Jason Taylor? Your team may be back to back champs but there is always room for improvement.

Ok well the way I look at we won the title and that was our goal so we dont need to improve...
but sure I'll take the All America team and see what happens

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 7th, 2007, 11:05 PM
For Lehigh i would take whoever the best DL is. I wouldn't trade QB Threatt for anyone and Lehigh's got a great two headed monster at RB with McGowen and Pastore. The one thing they need is someone to control line of scrimage on D.

Mr. C
March 7th, 2007, 11:05 PM

Plenty of App fans (at least those who are in the know) would let you have Elliott. He is more of a motivator than a fundamentals type of coach. ASU's previous line coach Stacy Searels (now at Georgia) was a great coach. Elliott isn't in his class. Elliott is one of the most inexperienced coaches on the ASU staff, too. ASU is good on the offensive line, because they are TALENTED on the line.

Mr. C
March 7th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Ok well the way I look at we won the title and that was our goal so we dont need to improve...
but sure I'll take the All America team and see what happens
I imagine if a great DE was out there, you would take him in a heartbeat.

Mountaineer#96
March 7th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Plenty of App fans (at least those who are in the know) would let you have Elliott. He is more of a motivator than a fundamentals type of coach. ASU's previous line coach Stacy Searels (now at Georgia) was a great coach. Elliott isn't in his class. Elliott is one of the most inexperienced coaches on the ASU staff, too. ASU is good on the offensive line, because they are TALENTED on the line.

I would have to agree with you Mr. C.........many people who see coaches like Elliott see those as great coaches. Just b/c some guy has a mean streak and a voice that could rival a rock band doesn't mean they are a great coach.

Mr. C
March 7th, 2007, 11:41 PM
If I were starting a team from scratch, San Diego QB Josh Johnson would be my pick to build a team around. Jerome Felton at FB is probably as good, pound for pound, as anyone in the country. On the offensive line, I'd go with guard Kerry Brown of Appalachian State. If I were to go with defense, DE Bryan Smith of McNeese State, DT Chris White of Cal Poly, FS Corey Lynch of Appalachian State. Jayson Foster of Georgia Southern would be another great player to have around. Brennan Carvalho of Portland State would a great linemate for Brown at the other guard. Kye Stewart of Illinois State at LB.

Mr. C
March 7th, 2007, 11:43 PM
I would have to agree with you Mr. C.........many people who see coaches like Elliott see those as great coaches. Just b/c some guy has a mean streak and a voice that could rival a rock band doesn't mean they are a great coach.
Stacy Searels would have made Elliott pee his pants if Searels had been Elliott's defensive line coach, instead of an offensive line coach when Elliott played. xlolx :D :nod:

But the difference was Searels also knew his stuff fundamentally.

Tod
March 8th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Well it's that time again, the offseason where there is little to talk about, but here is a question that may or may not have been asked before. If you could take one player from any team and put him on your squad who would it be and why?
I would take Santos and put him on the Griz, oh it would be wonderful.

Have to agree with your choice. :nod: :nod:

bobbythekidd
March 8th, 2007, 05:26 AM
My first thought was Felton from Furman and Richardson from App, but we are so stacked in the backfield at this point I changed my mind.

I would take NDSU's O and D lines. I was very impressed with the way they controlled teams.

MR. CHICKEN
March 8th, 2007, 05:40 AM
GIMME DUH MOUSEKETEER STARTIN'.....DEFENSIVE 11........AH'D SETTLE FO' DUH SECOND TEAM............HEY......MAYBE....EVEN DUH SCOUT "D"....:nod::rotateh::nod:.....BRRAAWWKK!

Mr. C
March 8th, 2007, 05:54 AM
You wouldn't do too badly with the second team defense from Appalachian State, particularly at LB and DB. This squad has lots of depth. And you might even have someone who could sing the national anthem (DB Marques Melvin nearly made the finals of American Idol).

mainejeff
March 8th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Santos and whoever the best kicker out there is.

Cocky
March 8th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Antonio Heffner

andy7171
March 8th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Well since Towson has Shaefer, no need for grabbing Santos. I'd have to say I was awefully impressed with Richardson on ASU during the playoffs.

Richardson or that LB from UMass, Haskell? Him and Bradford would make a nice LBing duo.

Cobblestone
March 8th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I'd take Richardson in a heartbeat.

Peems
March 8th, 2007, 10:09 AM
i guess i'll grab some graduated guys as well. I'd take James Ihedigbo(sp) of UMass that guy could hit. He and colt anderson in the back would KILL!!!

andy7171
March 8th, 2007, 10:59 AM
How about Delaware's fan base! Nice steal!!!

Peems
March 8th, 2007, 11:16 AM
How about Delaware's fan base! Nice steal!!!

would Delaware get Towson's then?

GeauxColonels
March 8th, 2007, 09:37 PM
I want the App State QB....he runs very well but could be a HUGE asset to an option team when it comes time to throw the ball.