PDA

View Full Version : Former Southern Illinois football player and current hero Jason Seaman

Professor Chaos
May 25th, 2018, 03:19 PM
According to the story former Saluki defensive end Jason Seaman played an instrumental role in subduing a school shooter in Indiana earlier today. He was shot 3 times in the process forcing him into surgery but appears as though he'll make a full recovery based on initial reports. No fatalites have been reported.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23606304/former-southern-illinois-salukis-de-jason-seaman-intervenes-school-shooting-shot-3-s

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2018/05/25/indiana-school-shooting-noblesville-teacher-jason-seaman-stopped-shooter/644379002/

"Our science teacher immediately ran at him, swatted a gun out of his hand and tackled him to the ground," seventh-grader Ethan Stonebraker told The Associated Press. "If it weren't for him, more of us would have been injured for sure."
Seaman played at Southern Illinois from 2007 to 2010. According to school records, he played in 47 career games and tallied eight sacks with two forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.

According to a social media profile, Seaman, who is married and has two young children, also coaches football for the seventh-grade team.

"It's not surprising, to be honest," Jeremy Seaman told The Indianapolis Star about his brother's action Friday. "He's not really ever been the person to run away. When the safety of the kids is at hand, it's not surprising to me that he was going to do what he had to do."

Please oh please don't make this a debate about gun violence... there's plenty of space and willing participants for that on the poli board. I wanted to recognize a former FCS player for some pretty extraordinary acts of heroism. I wasn't a fan of his team but I sure am a fan of his after hearing about this. Great job Jason and get well soon!

VandalBasher
May 25th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Long live this Saluki!

BisonTru
May 25th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Courageous acts that saved a lot of live today from that former Saluki. I hope he recovers fully from this.

Schism55
May 25th, 2018, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the post Professor. Hero about sums it up perfectly.
Best of luck for a full and speedy recovery to Jason.
Everyone is a Saluki fan today.

Laker
May 25th, 2018, 05:05 PM
This guy is a hero!

Redbird 4th & short
May 25th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Off the charts what he did .. ran at shooter to knock gun out of his hand and took 3 bullets for his middle school students. Great news is that he is doing ok.

Go Salukis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumper 76
May 25th, 2018, 08:37 PM
That is being a man right there! Hero and then some!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katss07
May 25th, 2018, 10:49 PM
Incredible story, courageous act. Everyone is a Saluki fan today. Best of luck in recovery. True hero, saved lives!

alvin.kmiec
May 26th, 2018, 12:34 AM
Great story. We need more teachers like him. I wonder if he was having flash backs of tackling the QB when he told the bad guy to the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

van
May 26th, 2018, 10:53 AM
schools need to hire more football players!

VandalBasher
May 26th, 2018, 12:37 PM
I hope he is recognized during a SIU game not only for his connection to the university but for his actions and deeds.

IBleedYellow
May 26th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Damn good man.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
May 26th, 2018, 11:54 PM
Jason Seaman was released from the hospital earlier today and, by all accounts, is doing well!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23616151/former-southern-illinois-salukis-de-jason-seaman-hospital-intervening-school-shooting

Hammerhead
May 29th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Reminds me of a sign I saw outside a church in Louisiana last weekend: Courage is fear that has said its prayers.

kdinva
May 29th, 2018, 03:07 PM
Courageous acts that saved a lot of live today from that former Saluki. I hope he recovers fully from this.

me, too........man has courage......