PDA

View Full Version : NDSU/SDSU in!!! according to ...

LakesBison
March 6th, 2007, 07:28 PM
http://www.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070306/NEWS01/70306014

Gateway here we come!!

St George Utah Newspaper:

Southern Utah's local newspaper

WDAY RADIO is on right now in Fargo talking about it.

Fox News in Fargo is in contact with newspaper and find out about the SOURCE!

GREAT NEWS!!! I HOPE!!!

little birdy tells me 3pm news conference wednesday???

JBB
March 6th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Way to go Lakes you had it pegged! 7-0 Im sure. :thumbsup:

LakesBison
March 6th, 2007, 08:05 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=158695&section=sports

another CONFIRM!!!!

NDSUFREAK
March 6th, 2007, 08:11 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=158695&section=sports

another CONFIRM!!!!

You're about 2 weeks late on your prediction! :smiley_wi :thumbsup:

I don't care if you said that you were the president of the United States I am just glad to be apart of a great fan base!

LakesBison
March 6th, 2007, 08:13 PM
yea.. they had to dot the I's and cross the T's . but it was 7-0

Laker
March 6th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Someone posted that they will start play in the Gateway in 2008? How can they do that so fast?

LakesBison
March 6th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Becuz West Kentucky left a hole in their schedule and takes one of their OOC games.

Great West had no Exit fee or scheduled exit contract.

Gateway 08 NDSU schedule
just a sample, dont take it serious please. Gonna be AWESOME!!

HOME:

Cal Davis
Youngstown
W Illinois
Southern Illinois
SDSU

Away:
Wyoming?
Cal Poly
UNI
Ill State
Ind State
Miss State

NDSUFREAK
March 6th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Becuz West Kentucky left a hole in their schedule and takes one of their OOC games.

Gateway 08 NDSU schedule

HOME:

Cal Davis
Youngstown
W Illinois
Southern Illinois
SDSU

Away:
Wyoming?
Cal Poly
UNI
Ill State
Ind State
Miss State

IDK, I would want a 6th game up there. We need 6 games again for us.:twocents:

NDSUFREAK
March 6th, 2007, 08:37 PM
home games, btw

JackTwice
March 6th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I think the Bison Faithful have to get used to only 5 home games a year from now on.

LakesBison
March 6th, 2007, 08:53 PM
yes I agree.

Minnesota, Iowa State etc etc is like a home game anyways.

TheBisonator
March 6th, 2007, 08:53 PM
I think the Bison Faithful have to get used to only 5 home games a year from now on.

That may be very true if we decide to schedule an FBS every year. The only way we could get back to 6 is FCS votes for a 12th game.

LakesBison
March 6th, 2007, 09:09 PM
regardless of games, Gateway combined with Cal teams and 1 FCS team will make for SELL OUTS at the FARGODOME!!

FOX NEWS HAS NDSU IN for LEAD STORY!!

WAY TO GO FOX, watch replay at 11pm!

LakesBison
March 6th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Gene Taylor was on the FOX 9:00 sports via cell phone in Tulsa, and said, "I can't deny it, I can't deny it, I can't deny it, I can't deny it, I can't deny it,I can't deny it. Tomorrow will be a good day, and the plane trip back will be a good one."

TheBisonator
March 6th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Gene Taylor was on the FOX 9:00 sports via cell phone in Tulsa, and said, "I can't deny it, I can't deny it, I can't deny it, I can't deny it, I can't deny it,I can't deny it. Tomorrow will be a good day, and the plane trip back will be a good one."

Will FOX 15 have the news repeat at 11pm?? I wanna watch and see what all the local stations' reactions will be to it. You just know that KXJB and KVLY will have it during sports buried underneath some UND hockey story and HS basketball playoffs....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JBB
March 6th, 2007, 09:36 PM
It opens up a whole new world for us. The transition has served its purpose. We are now stable. There is going to be some great football in Fargo! Get ready for the "Sold Out" Era at the Fabulous Fargo Dome!!

NDSUFREAK
March 6th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Now the best teams in the FCS will come to realize the THUNDER in THEE BEST DOME IN FCS!! ;) I love it. What an athletic year for NDSU.

LakesBison
March 6th, 2007, 09:51 PM
bisonator.. YES FOX NEWS ch 15 at 11pm.. repeat.

Taylor was AWESOME on his phone call

89rabbit
March 6th, 2007, 10:11 PM
From the Sioux Falls, SD paper:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070306/SPORTS/70306038

SDSU expected to join Gateway today

By By Terry Vandrovec
[email protected]
Published: March 6, 2007

According to assistant commissioner Mike Kern, the Gateway Football Conference will hold a media teleconference at 3 p.m.. today (Wed.) to announce plans for the league. That will be followed immediately by simultaneous news conferences at South Dakota State and North Dakota State.

Neither Kern nor the schools’ athletic directors – in Tulsa, Okla., Tuesday night for the Mid-Continent Conference basketball tournament – would comment on the specifics of the announcement. But does the Gateway have a history of holding announcements when it is not going to expand?

“I don’t believe so,” Kern said. . . . (read more)

Fresno St. Alum
March 6th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Congrats to NDSU and SDSU, the Gateway is a nice midwestern fit.

eagle1
March 6th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Congratulations to the Bison and the Jackrabbits! The Gateway is a much better fit for your programs than the Big Sky. The Gateway gives you a chance to develop new (more natural rivalrys) and is more in line with your recruiting area. I respect your programs but didn't truly believe that you were a good fit for the Big Sky. I am sure that some Griz and Bobcat fans might not agree with me but I feel this way for the reasons above. Best of luck in the Gateway and look forward to seeing you guys in the playoffs. I am happy that Northern Colorado is in the Big Sky and truly believe that they will be competitive in the near future. Go Eagles!!!

Johnny5
March 7th, 2007, 12:33 AM
CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see you folks in Ytown...it's gonna be exciting!

Mr. C
March 7th, 2007, 12:42 AM

Gateway 08 NDSU schedule

HOME:

Cal Davis
Youngstown
W Illinois
Southern Illinois
SDSU

Away:
Wyoming?
Cal Poly
UNI
Ill State
Ind State
Miss State
By the way, it is UC Davis. There is no such school as Cal Davis, as has been explained MANY times around here.

Fresno St. Alum
March 7th, 2007, 12:49 AM
We had the whole who is Cal Davis topic on the GWFC board. It was pretty funny.

AggiePride
March 7th, 2007, 02:44 AM
SUU reporting it actually made me chuckle...

FlyYtown
March 7th, 2007, 05:38 AM
WFMJ TV-21 in Youngstown Reporting NDSU/SDSU are in as well.

Once again-at no surprise to me, there was no way they would be turned down.

bison95
March 7th, 2007, 09:03 AM
I am glad we are in the Gateway, but no smack from me, it will be a tuff row to hoe to make the playoffs. The biggest advantage is scheduling and building rival games!

MplsBison
March 7th, 2007, 09:32 AM
There is no such school as Cal Davis

UC Davis used to be an extension campus of Cal.

Therefore, Cal - Davis.

Surprised you didn't know that.

lizrdgizrd
March 7th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Congrats NDSU & SDSU! Have fun in your new conference! :)

saluki_in_ohio
March 7th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the Gateway, which is now the best FCS conference in the country!

:thumbsup: :hurray:

Mr. C
March 7th, 2007, 10:13 AM

Therefore, Cal - Davis.

As someone who grew up in California and was educated in the California system, I know more than some troll from Minneapolis does about education in California. Have you ever even been to UC Davis? Cal Davis has ALWAYS been the wrong name to refer to UC Davis by. This has been discussed many times and why some of you can't this straight is beyond me. What did they teach you at North Dakota State? The only people who use Cal Davis do so either to irritate people from UC Davis, or because no one has ever explained the correct title to them. Get a clue, dude!

bison95
March 7th, 2007, 10:14 AM

Therefore, Cal - Davis.

: smh : : smh : :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

please don't stir this pot!

GannonFan
March 7th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the Gateway, which is now the best FCS conference in the country!

:thumbsup: :hurray:

Or at least tied with the CAA! ;)

Great add for the Gateway, two quality teams and quality programs.

89Hen
March 7th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Congrats to all involved! However, we will have to see how NDSU and SDSU perform in a big conference and in the playoffs before we hand the top conference crown to the Gateway.

BTW, nobody cares about UC-D, CP or SUU? What are they going to do? :confused:

dbackjon
March 7th, 2007, 10:22 AM
: smh : : smh : :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

please don't stir this pot!

He is one of your fellow alums.

bison95
March 7th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Congrats to all involved! However, we will have to see how NDSU and SDSU perform in a big conference and in the playoffs before we hand the top conference crown to the Gateway.

BTW, nobody cares about UC-D, CP or SUU? What are they going to do? :confused:

Agreed on the first, and I would guess UND and USD will join in 2009 or whenever ( and if)they go D1.

bison95
March 7th, 2007, 10:24 AM
He is one of your fellow alums.

I am getting worried, espically with Lakesbison on here now, we could get a bad rap quickly.

89Hen
March 7th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Agreed on the first, and I would guess UND and USD will join in 2009 or whenever ( and if)they go D1.
But that's not much solace for the three remaining schools since they wouldn't be eilgible for a long time. They need to get the BSC to open the doors for football associates. We'll end up with the CAA, BSC and Gateway with huge conferences, and then we won't need to expand the playoff field because there will still only be 8 autos needed. :thumbsup:

Peems
March 7th, 2007, 10:38 AM
But that's not much solace for the three remaining schools since they wouldn't be eilgible for a long time. They need to get the BSC to open the doors for football associates. We'll end up with the CAA, BSC and Gateway with huge conferences, and then we won't need to expand the playoff field because there will still only be 8 autos needed. :thumbsup:

yeah, those other schools are definitely in a bind right now, but we shall see how it plays out.

Polywog
March 7th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Congrats to the XDSU's. I can't blame y'all for leaving, but I'm sure sorry to see you go.

Best of luck in the Gateway. Here's to a Cal Poly vs XDSU FCS Championship game in 2008!!! xprost2x :beerchug:

UNHWildCats
March 7th, 2007, 10:56 AM

Gateway 08 NDSU schedule

HOME:

Cal Davis
Youngstown
W Illinois
Southern Illinois
SDSU

Away:
Wyoming?
Cal Poly
UNI
Ill State
Ind State
Miss State

Dont you owe Sam Houston a return date next season?

Go Bison
March 7th, 2007, 11:01 AM
One thing you will learn is that LakesBison doesn't always has his facts straight. Next year Montana State could be a home game and Sam Houston should be an away game. There is talk of a money game in 2008 but it hasn't been announced yet. That would likely be the schedule.

MplsBison
March 7th, 2007, 11:06 AM
The only people who use Cal Davis do so either to irritate people from UC Davis, or because no one has ever explained the correct title to them. Get a clue, dude!

Why are you pretending that I came up with the name Cal Davis?

The term was coined in CA circa 1950's when the Davis campus was the agriculture extension of Berkeley.

It was a real nickname back then. And it hasn't died yet.

UC Davis is the correct official name. But Cal Davis is a correct nickname.

Personally, I find it hilarious that UC Davis alums get so pissed off about it.

It's no different than calling NDSU "NDAC" (which UND fans like to do). That's an appropriate nickname for us because that's what we used to be called. Nothing wrong with respecting your history.

BisonBacker
March 7th, 2007, 11:08 AM

xidiotx BTW, nobody cares about UC-D, CP or SUU? What are they going to do? :confused:

:nonono2: Oh how wrong you are. UC Davis and Cal-Poly are top notch teams and SUU is making great strides in improving. To say nobody cares is wrong, we will certainly be scheduling them in the future. Great competition and fans.xcoffeex

NoCoDanny
March 7th, 2007, 11:52 AM
This worked out perfectly for NDSU and SDSU. Congrats to them both for getting in the Gateway. This is a perfect fit recruiting wise also. I'd expect this will mean even more improvement in each program moving forward.

putter
March 7th, 2007, 12:30 PM
So what is the future for the Great West? Would any teams consider the Big Sky?

89Hen
March 7th, 2007, 12:42 PM
:nonono2: Oh how wrong you are. UC Davis and Cal-Poly are top notch teams and SUU is making great strides in improving. To say nobody cares is wrong, we will certainly be scheduling them in the future. Great competition and fans.xcoffeex
You misread. It sounded to me like nobody cares what happens to UC-D and CP, not that they aren't good. Losing two teams from their conference who would be off their transition soon is almost a death sentence for them. Picking up UND and USD won't help until many years into the future.

BTW, are there any rules about how many teams you need to even have a conference?

rufus
March 7th, 2007, 12:50 PM
So what is the future for the Great West? Would any teams consider the Big Sky?
I think the more important question is, would the Big Sky consider any of the teams? If so, would it be for football only or for all sports?

- I can't see Cal Poly leaving the Big West for all sports. The conference makes a lot of sense geographically, and is a little stronger than the Big Sky in terms of basketball.

- UC Davis needs to find a Division I home for all sports, so I'm guessing that they would take a look at the Big Sky. Considering UC Davis has the largest enrollment of any FCS school, I wouldn't be shocked to see them consider the FBS option.

- Southern Utah is probably a better geographic fit in the Bid Sky than in the Mid-Continent, but they're flying to most games either way. Still, I think they would prefer to have an all-sports home.

89rabbit
March 7th, 2007, 12:57 PM
- UC Davis needs to find a Division I home for all sports, so I'm guessing that they would take a look at the Big Sky. Considering UC Davis has the largest enrollment of any FCS school, I wouldn't be shocked to see them consider the FBS option.

UC Davis is also in the Big West starting next season:

http://www.bigwest.org/

Check on the left side almost at the bottom.

UAalum72
March 7th, 2007, 01:28 PM
BTW, are there any rules about how many teams you need to even have a conference?
Six to have a conference vote at NCAA policy meetings, others can only be observers. Anything less is really just a scheduling alliance. GWC, MAAC and Big South have five in football. The Atlantic Coast Conf. only has four teams in lacrosse.

I don't know if you can even observe if you're a one-sport conference with fewer than 6.