PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Schedule Finalized

TexasTerror
March 6th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Kats officially have announced the schedule. SHSU opens with two Div II teams at home. We'd of only had one, but the Missouri State dropping us from the schedule heavily impacted our ability to schedule. We were lucky to pick up North Dakota St following the drop of Missouri St on Sept 15th. FBS game is at Oklahoma St.

Kats have a rough SLC road schedule with trips to McNeese, SELA and both Texas SLC schools (SFA and TxSt-San Marcos). Kats have a very legitimate shot at going 5-0 at home this year.

I'm predicting a 7-4 or 8-3 year this coming year, which wouldn't be good enough for the playoffs due to the two Div II games. If the Kats go 8-3, they should be the SLC champion (especially considering I'm thinking the most potential losses are NDSU and Oklahoma St), though not necessarily get the auto-bid (a visit to Lake Chuck)...

Aug. 30 (Thur) 6 p.m. ANGELO STATE HUNTSVILLE
Sept. 8 (Sat.) 6 p.m. ARKANSAS-MONTICELLO HUNTSVILLE
Sept. 15 (Sat.) TBA North Dakota State Fargo, ND
Sept. 22 (Sat.) --- open ---
Sept. 29 (Sat.) TBA Oklahoma State Stillwater, OK
Oct. 6 (Sat.) TBA #CENTRAL ARKANSAS HUNTSVILLE
Oct. 13 (Sat.) 7 p.m. #McNeese State Lake Charles, LA
Oct. 20 (Sat.)2 p.m. #NORTHWESTERN STATE (Homecoming) HUNTSVILLE
Oct. 27 (Sat.) TBA #Stephen F. Austin State Nacogdoches
Nov. 3 (Sat.) TBA #NICHOLLS STATE (Parents' Weekend) HUNTSVILLE
Nov. 10 (Sat.) TBA #Southeastern Louisiana Hammond, LA
Nov. 17 (Sat.) TBA #Texas State-San Marcos San Marcos

http://www.gobearkats.com/football/schedule.html

blackfordpu
March 6th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Stupid D-II games!:bang:

BearsCountry
March 6th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Hey blame K-State, Auburn, and ESPN.

BEAR
March 6th, 2007, 08:40 PM
You freaks are coming to our house in 2008...:nod: :eek: : flamemad :beerchug:

blackfordpu
March 6th, 2007, 10:45 PM

Freaks? Where the hell did that come from?

TexasTerror
March 6th, 2007, 10:45 PM

2008 will have six SHSU home games...

NDSU, Div II game and four SLC games...will be nice for Bomar's last season in Bearkat orange... :hurray:

3rd Coast Tiger
March 8th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Kats officially have announced the schedule. SHSU opens with two Div II teams at home.

Totally unacceptable.

TexasTerror
March 8th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Totally unacceptable.

Kats got screwed in scheduling due to Missouri St...forced Kats hand into getting a second Div II game.

This is first time SHSU has schedule two Div II teams since FBS scheduling changes helped increase FBS vs FCS games.

SHSU's ideal schedule would be 7 SLC games, one sub-Div I team at home, one FBS foe, one FCS away and one FCS home.

Ideally, Kats would schedule atleast one marquee FCS opponent a year (whether it NDSU, Montana, Cal Poly, AppSt) and then a winnable FCS (a SWAC opponent, Southern Utah, Missouri St, Samford, etc).

Kats have done a great job in keeping the FBS foes regional. Only one outside of Louisiana/Texas/Oklahoma shell in recent years is Michigan (Central Michigan)...

Good thing our OOC is not strictly FBS or sub-Div I foes and we have a marquee FCS foe OOC... :)

Spooney-Cat
March 9th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Weak offseason schedule, but have some very tough SLC road games.

blackfordpu
March 9th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Weak offseason schedule, but have some very tough SLC road games.

I wouldn't say weak with games at NDSU and Oklahoma St.

MACHIAVELLI
March 9th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Kats officially have announced the schedule. SHSU opens with two Div II teams at home. We'd of only had one, but the Missouri State dropping us from the schedule heavily impacted our ability to schedule.

This is an outrage. This is beyond sad. Stop running from competiton. Looks like shsu is just padding the schedule with cream puffs to get attention from pollsters. Let's hope the pollsters are smart enough to see this. :nonono2: : smh : :mad: This is an alltime low. xlolx

patssle
March 9th, 2007, 05:14 PM
well gee maybe if Missouri state had stayed the course and not bowed out

TexasTerror
March 9th, 2007, 08:59 PM
well gee maybe if Missouri state had stayed the course and not bowed out

You can ignore Mach and the SWAC faithful...

They're too busy planning road trips to sub-Div I schools in football, baseball, volleyball and the such. You'd think they were a Div II conference based on this... :nono: