PDA

View Full Version : Don Hansen's All-American team

Mr. C
March 5th, 2007, 02:41 PM
And just what everyone was on the edge of their seats waiting for: Don Hansen's Football Gazette I-AA All-American team.

ORTH AURORA, Illinois ~~ Big South Conference Offensive Player of the Year, Tyler Thigpen from Coastal Carolina, and the SoCon leader in tackles for los and sacks, Marques Murrell, from Appalachian State and Elon’s, Buck Buchanan Award winner, Chad Nkang from Elon, along with SWAC Defensive Player of the Year, Stacey Thomas, from Texas Southern, headline a talented 2006 Don Hansen’s Football Gazette NCAA 1-AA All-America team. Craig Bohl, who led the Bison to a 10-
1 record and the Great West Football Conference championship, and a final ranking of Number 3 in the nation by the Football Gazette, has been named Regional Coach of the Year.

www.donhansen.com

It has a first, second and third team and honorable mention.

TexasTerror
March 5th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Is it me or did he announce his All-Region teams first before the All-America teams? Saw the All-Region teams last week...

Honorable mention seems like each All-Region player that made a first-team on their regions...

Peems
March 5th, 2007, 02:46 PM
And just what everyone was on the edge of their seats waiting for: Don Hansen's Football Gazette I-AA All-American team.

ORTH AURORA, Illinois ~~ Big South Conference Offensive Player of the Year, Tyler Thigpen from Coastal Carolina, and the SoCon leader in tackles for los and sacks, Marques Murrell, from Appalachian State and Elon’s, Buck Buchanan Award winner, Chad Nkang from Elon, along with SWAC Defensive Player of the Year, Stacey Thomas, from Texas Southern, headline a talented 2006 Don Hansen’s Football Gazette NCAA 1-AA All-America team. Craig Bohl, who led the Bison to a 10-
1 record and the Great West Football Conference championship, and a final ranking of Number 3 in the nation by the Football Gazette, has been named Regional Coach of the Year.

www.donhansen.com

It has a first, second and third team and honorable mention.

wasn't shotwell the Buck winner?

March 5th, 2007, 02:53 PM
about 8 billion kids are honored with his selections

Mr. C
March 5th, 2007, 02:55 PM
wasn't shotwell the Buck winner?
Yes he was, but that doesn't mean much in the Don Hansen universe. He loves big stats.

BigApp
March 5th, 2007, 04:02 PM
did ol'Dandy Don forget anyone??

appfan2008
March 5th, 2007, 05:58 PM
monte smith didnt even make honorable mention in our region... what is up with that?

also since when was william mayfield so good?

when was necessary to have three teams and an honorable mention that reads like the media guide for all of fcs football... unbelievable

MaroonMafia
March 5th, 2007, 10:01 PM
I also peeked at the regional awards. Since when is YSU considered a Northwest school (amongst other questionable regional classifications)?

Mr. C
March 5th, 2007, 11:29 PM
monte smith didnt even make honorable mention in our region... what is up with that?

also since when was william mayfield so good?

when was necessary to have three teams and an honorable mention that reads like the media guide for all of fcs football... unbelievable
William Mayfield did lead the national championship team in receiving.

Monte Smith was underappreciated by a lot of people outside of Boone.

ASU
March 6th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Mr. "C" .....got to ask.....are you related to Mr. C's Ice Cream on South Blvd. in Charlotte? Probably not, but thought I would ask.

Mr. C
March 6th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Didn't know there was such a place. I'll have to check it out sometime.

andy7171
March 6th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Mr. "C" .....got to ask.....are you related to Mr. C's Ice Cream on South Blvd. in Charlotte? Probably not, but thought I would ask.
"C" is a very common last name. xcoffeex