PDA

View Full Version : #3 never to be worn again by a UNH player.

UNH 40
March 5th, 2007, 07:24 AM
David Ball's number 3 was retired yesterday at the annual football banquet at UNH. Congrats to Dave on this huge honor it is well deserved. Other retired numbers at UNH include Jerry Azumah's #25 and Bill Burnham's #36.

Col Hogan
March 5th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Outstanding honor for an outstanding player! :bow: :bow: :bow:

UNHWildCats
March 5th, 2007, 07:32 AM
and comming in one year...the #2 of Ricky Santos

UNHWildCats
March 5th, 2007, 07:35 AM
a little off topic here but anyone know what is or what a similar font the jersey numbers are?

http://unh.sportdesigns.com/IMGSRV/sc/300x325/s/product_media/9246.jpg

AppGuy04
March 5th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Who's this David Ball you speak of?

Cobblestone
March 5th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Who's this David Ball you speak of?

UNH WR who tied Jerry Rice's I-AA record for receptions.
A well deserved honor.

lizrdgizrd
March 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM
UNH WR who tied Jerry Rice's I-AA record for receptions.
A well deserved honor.
Eh. Never heard of him. :cool:;)

Fordham
March 5th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Good stuff. Hope he makes it big at the next level.

LeopardFan04
March 5th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Congrats to him...

saint0917
March 5th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Outstanding honor for an outstanding player! :bow: :bow: :bow:

You got that right. Congrats to Mr. Ball :hurray: :thumbsup:

saint0917
March 5th, 2007, 01:13 PM
and comming in one year...the #2 of Ricky Santos

Who? ;) :p

Mr. C
March 5th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Very deserving honor. I don't know why some schools take SO long to do the same with their greatest players. It took Appalachian State 10 YEARS to retire Dexter Coakley's number and they have barely gotten around to retiring numbers worn by Dino Hackett and Larry Hand during the past two seasons.

Peems
March 5th, 2007, 02:44 PM
only two numbers retired by the griz. Terry Allen, who died in a tragic accident when he was well on his way to a solid NFL career, and of course...DICKENSON IS GOD

Grizo406
March 5th, 2007, 03:22 PM
only two numbers retired by the griz. Terry Allen, who died in a tragic accident when he was well on his way to a solid NFL career, and of course...DICKENSON IS GOD

Sorry, Peems, but that was #22, the GREAT Terry Dillon.

Husky Alum
March 6th, 2007, 06:17 AM
NU's policy for retiring numbers is somewhat unofficial, but the rule of thumb is that in order to be put in our Hall of Fame, you've had to have graduated from the school (if you were a player).

I've heard that you need to be a 2 time All American, or something like that but we've retired very few numbers as an institution. In football we've retired Dan Ross #84 and Sean Jones (#77, I think).

We've actually retired a number in hockey (#7) that's still worn, believe it or not.

Reggie Lewis was inducted to our HoF when he was given his honorary degree following his untimely death. Reggie was taking courses at the time and would have received his degree at the end of the summer he died.

saint0917
March 6th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Very deserving honor. I don't know why some schools take SO long to do the same with their greatest players. It took Appalachian State 10 YEARS to retire Dexter Coakley's number and they have barely gotten around to retiring numbers worn by Dino Hackett and Larry Hand during the past two seasons.

I agree, I don't understand why Umass hasn't retired Greg Landry's number or Marcel Shipp. :rolleyes: