dbackjon
February 28th, 2007, 05:48 PM
One D-II and one non-schollie.

8-3 ior 7-4, no playoffs.

Tod
February 28th, 2007, 05:54 PM

I don't know. If they're as tough as they've been in recent years, they could go 9-2 and make the playoffs.

:twocents:

89Hen
February 28th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Ouch, CP not one of your better slates. DII, Iona, three BSC teams that were 7-26 last year. You better hope UC-D and SDSU are ranked next year or you may face only one ranked team all year. :eyebrow:

Pauly LB
February 28th, 2007, 06:05 PM
This looks like 8 - 3 or maybe 9 - 2 and consideration for the playoffs...

89Hen
February 28th, 2007, 06:14 PM
8-3 may be a close call. That would be seen as 7-3 and IF the losses are Idaho, NDSU and UC-D/SDSU... you may not have beaten a ranked team all year. Depends on what else is out there come selection day. CP better plan on going 9-2 if they want to be assured a spot. :twocents:

TexasTerror
February 28th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Looks 9-2 or 8-3...

Either way, Cal Poly will be in the playoff discussion...

Pauly LB
February 28th, 2007, 06:29 PM
9 - 2 is possible but they do have four road games in a row and in fact do NOT play at home at all in October. They only have five home games (Montana, can you relate to that problem?) and one of those games is NDSU. Cal Poly is going to have to sweep their home schedule and then win three of their six road games to have a playoff shot -- my opinion. If they lose against NDSU their chances are greatly reduced...

YaleFootballFan
February 28th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Iona?

That's what I was thinking too.......

poly51
February 28th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Iona?

Cal Poly has a tough time scheduling home games. It is not real easy to get here.

slostang
February 28th, 2007, 08:21 PM

One DII, one non schollie and one FBS. 8-3 and I believe they are in the playoffs.

danefan
February 28th, 2007, 08:24 PM
That's what I was thinking too.......

Those kids at Iona have to be psyched. A free trip to Cali in November!

aggie6thman
February 28th, 2007, 08:28 PM
One DII, one non schollie and one FBS. 8-3 and I believe they are in the playoffs.

Who are those three loses slostang? :rotateh:

dbackjon
February 28th, 2007, 08:37 PM

Which is 7 D-I wins (assuming you beat Western Oregon). Would really depend on who else is up for at-large bids - but you would be on the bubble. 9-2 would be a surer thing.

slostang
February 28th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Who are those three loses slostang? :rotateh:
I not saying that they are going to lose 3. I am saying that they are in the playoffs with an 8-3.

I'll be in San Marcos come Sept. 1rst and I am looking forward to the game in "Aggie Stadium". I can not wait.

Spooney-Cat
March 1st, 2007, 08:03 AM
I don't think the opener in San Marcos, TX will be a walk in the park for Cal Poly. This will be a competitive game. You can already expect a close to (or) capacity crowd with hopefully a few new bells and whistles at our stadium :)

SloStang, you'll have to join our tailgating for some free beer and bbq! You're always welcome.

slostang
March 1st, 2007, 09:06 AM
I don't think the opener in San Marcos, TX will be a walk in the park for Cal Poly. This will be a competitive game. You can already expect a close to (or) capacity crowd with hopefully a few new bells and whistles at our stadium :)

SloStang, you'll have to join our tailgating for some free beer and bbq! You're always welcome.
I expect a great competitive game with Texas State. I also expected to be hot and humid, a lot like the game Cal Poly played against Troy to open the season two years ago. Hell, I was uncomfortable and I was in the stands.

I will definately stop by the tailgate. I am hoping that Cal Poly and Texas State continue playing. If they do I will return the favor when Texas State comes to SLO.

Proud Griz Man
March 1st, 2007, 03:55 PM
An honest question. How much is Idaho paying?

Idaho plays USC in Los Angeles the saturday prior.

slostang
March 1st, 2007, 07:41 PM
An honest question. How much is Idaho paying?

Idaho plays USC in Los Angeles the saturday prior.
I do not know, but my guess is less than Montana (15,000 fans vs 23,000 crazy Griz fans). The good thing is we probably have a better chance of beating Idaho.

Mountaineer#96
March 1st, 2007, 07:43 PM
at least you get NDSU at home.....things are brighter.

slostang
March 1st, 2007, 09:14 PM
at least you get NDSU at home.....things are brighter.
NDSU is for real. The home field has been a big advantage the last two years. 2005 @ Cal Poly: CP 37 NDSU 6. 2006 @ NDSU: NDSU 51 CP 14. I hope home field helps this year.

semobison
March 2nd, 2007, 08:06 AM
NDSU is your Homecoming game also! Where is the nearest airport to SLO?

slostang
March 2nd, 2007, 08:12 AM
NDSU is your Homecoming game also! Where is the nearest airport to SLO?
San Luis Obispo has an airport, but it just has the small carriers that make trips to LA and SF. For a charters, teams fly into Santa Maria which is about 35 minutes south of SLO. If teams fly comercial they usually fly to LA and take a small flight into SLO.

BigApp
March 3rd, 2007, 01:29 PM
Iona?

that's exactly what I thought! Seems rather "odd" (for lack of a better term)

slostang
March 3rd, 2007, 01:56 PM
that's exactly what I thought! Seems rather "odd" (for lack of a better term)
What seems funny is that teams like Iona and Savanah State can step up and travel to California and teams from the Southern, A-10 and the Gateway conferences want no part of it. Cal Poly is willing to sign a home and home with teams from any of those conferences. Now even Sac State (California team) which has Cal Poly has played every year since 1983 wont play Cal Poly. Poly has also tried to get San Diego to play and they want no part of it. Believe me, Cal Poly would rather play a top team froom the FCS, but the can not find any takers. Because of this we are forced to play teams like Iona and play the whole month of October on the road.

BigApp
March 3rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
Davidson is travelling to San Diego

Mountaineer#96
March 3rd, 2007, 02:49 PM
Davidson is travelling to San Diego
true but it is a PFL match up.

BigApp
March 3rd, 2007, 02:51 PM
yes, it is.

Mountaineer#96
March 3rd, 2007, 02:56 PM
What seems funny is that teams like Iona and Savanah State can step up and travel to California and teams from the Southern, A-10 and the Gateway conferences want no part of it. Cal Poly is willing to sign a home and home with teams from any of those conferences. Now even Sac State (California team) which has Cal Poly has played every year since 1983 wont play Cal Poly. Poly has also tried to get San Diego to play and they want no part of it. Believe me, Cal Poly would rather play a top team froom the FCS, but the can not find any takers. Because of this we are forced to play teams like Iona and play the whole month of October on the road.
cry me a river..........I'll tell you something funny the current National Champs can't get anyone to come to our wonderful stadium, so that we can have a decent # of home games. What is the deal with that? Is the streak really that scary? Maybe a App comrade can remind me how many in a row we have won up here? I came on campus in 2003, and well I haven't seen a loss up here yet. Not attacking C Poly, just any FCS team who doesn't want a scenic trip to the mountains, and we end up with another Div 2 instead.

TxState_GO_CATS!
March 3rd, 2007, 03:39 PM
cry me a river..........I'll tell you something funny the current National Champs can't get anyone to come to our wonderful stadium, so that we can have a decent # of home games. What is the deal with that? Is the streak really that scary? Maybe a App comrade can remind me how many in a row we have won up here? I came on campus in 2003, and well I haven't seen a loss up here yet. Not attacking C Poly, just any FCS team who doesn't want a scenic trip to the mountains, and we end up with another Div 2 instead.

we'd play you guys again up there, but you guys owe us a return trip (i think). had a wonderful time in boone.:thumbsup:

Mountaineer#96
March 3rd, 2007, 06:12 PM
yes we do, I remember you guys bought out the game a few years back b/c a matchup with a FBS team was much more lucrative, am I right?

BigApp
March 3rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
I thought it was a one-and-done?

slycat
March 3rd, 2007, 07:13 PM
either way we should set up a home-home

Grizo406
March 3rd, 2007, 07:27 PM
I'm looking forward to the 10 November game against NDSU. That one should be a beaut!

I like both teams, but can't pick a winner just yet.

slostang
March 3rd, 2007, 08:30 PM
I'm looking forward to the 10 November game against NDSU. That one should be a beaut!

I like both teams, but can't pick a winner just yet.
I hope it is a better game than last year. We got whupped.

I was disappointed not to see the Griz on the schedule again this year. The last few years the games between the Mustangs and the Griz have been classic.

Grizo406
March 3rd, 2007, 09:02 PM
I hope it is a better game than last year. We got whupped.

I was disappointed not to see the Griz on the schedule again this year. The last few years the games between the Mustangs and the Griz have been classic.

NDSU was a real force last year, and I hope they'll play the same way when they become play-off eligible, but the results of last year's game still has me shakin' my head.

I would have loved to have seen Cal Poly on our schedule for the up coming season, whether it was in Missoula, or in your house.

Beside the McNeese fans, the Cal Poly folks are the best!

Proud Griz Man
March 4th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I do not know, but my guess is less than Montana (15,000 fans vs 23,000 crazy Griz fans). The good thing is we probably have a better chance of beating Idaho.

You and I are on good terms Mr. slostang, and I would love to watch UM play at SLO once again (I was in SLO in 1999 and 2001).

I don't have all the facts about the Cal Poly-Idaho contract.
But I am curious if it is a 'One-and-done' deal?
Is the Idaho payout larger (or smaller) than any/all of your Montana games?

Does anyone see the irony here, If
the $$$ payout from Idaho is smaller than Montana,
for a 'One-and-done' deal ???

slostang
March 4th, 2007, 10:58 AM
You and I are on good terms Mr. slostang, and I would love to watch UM play at SLO once again (I was in SLO in 1999 and 2001).

I don't have all the facts about the Cal Poly-Idaho contract.
But I am curious if it is a 'One-and-done' deal?
Is the Idaho payout larger (or smaller) than any/all of your Montana games?

Does anyone see the irony here, If
the $$$ payout from Idaho is smaller than Montana,
for a 'One-and-done' deal ???
I do not know the actual payout, but I would guess in the $150,000 to $175,000 range which actually would be higher than a UM payout. I was being somewhat tongue and cheek about the payout in my previous post, but not about having a better chance of beating Idaho.

Pauly LB
March 5th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Just curious -- by moving last year's Cal Poly vs Montana game to Missoula instead of San Luis Obispo, how much was that worth to Cal Poly ???

JALMOND
March 5th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Any chance you guys looked at Portland State this year? Rather difficult being that PSU is without an AD, but I heard last year we were trying to work something out, but Poly did not want a non conference schedule dominated by the Big Sky. The choice came down to us and Montana, I believe, and Montana gave you a bunch of money.

This year, though, I did not hear anything regarding a PSU-Poly game. I doubt we would have been able to fit you in, but I would like to see a PSU-Poly game sometime in the near future. Maybe, when we get our department in order we can have our people call your people. Having PSU on your schedule would look better than Western Oregon (and Iona).

slostang
March 5th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Any chance you guys looked at Portland State this year? Rather difficult being that PSU is without an AD, but I heard last year we were trying to work something out, but Poly did not want a non conference schedule dominated by the Big Sky. The choice came down to us and Montana, I believe, and Montana gave you a bunch of money.

This year, though, I did not hear anything regarding a PSU-Poly game. I doubt we would have been able to fit you in, but I would like to see a PSU-Poly game sometime in the near future. Maybe, when we get our department in order we can have our people call your people. Having PSU on your schedule would look better than Western Oregon (and Iona).
I would love to see Portland State on the schedule next year and in future years. The hiring of Glanville would make a good serries even better.

CopperCat
March 5th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I would love to see Portland State on the schedule next year and in future years. The hiring of Glanville would make a good serries even better.

It would probably be much easier for Poly to get to Portland anyway. Not to mention that it would be a good game every time.

Pauly LB
March 5th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Portland State and Cal Poly would be a great matchup !!! Both are strong programs and Glanville will make PSU even stronger. This one needs to happen...