PDA

View Full Version : NoCo updates: New offensive Coordinator and Nottingham Field upgrades...

ncbears
February 28th, 2007, 12:54 PM
UNC hired a new offensive coordinator this week. He's got tons of experience which our old offensive coordinator did not have. Dennis Darnell will be calling plays for the Bears next season. He's bounced around for a while. Here's the article from Greeley Trib.
http://greeleytrib.com/article/20070228/UNC_SPORTS09/102280108/-1/UNC_SPORTS99

Also, Nottingham Field is getting a facelift. They broke ground on a new team house/locker rooms on the east side of the field. I would show pics, but our official website isn't doing so well as far as updates because they've got an intern doing everything now. As soon as they're up, I'll post new pics.

Could things be looking up for the Bears??

NE MT GRIZZ
February 28th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Sounds great.
The better you are, the better the conference is, and then people can
STF up about the BSC being weak.

spelunker64
February 28th, 2007, 01:10 PM
That's "slashing" good news

ncbears
February 28th, 2007, 02:34 PM

Clever. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MplsBison
February 28th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Quite a STAB of good information, if you will.

No_Skill
February 28th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Maybe I've had one too many beers, but I'm not catching the stab/slashing reference....oh wait. As soon as I typed that, I got it. I don't care who you are...that's funny.

Well except for that guy who got stabbed...and his family...and friends...

biobengal
March 1st, 2007, 12:55 AM
They still use this line out in North Dakota?

I don't care who you are...that's funny.

Now that's funny.

Tod
March 1st, 2007, 02:55 AM
They still use this line out in North Dakota?

Now that's funny.

They are SO PISSED that UNC got into the Big Sky and they didn't. Who can blame them? :confused: :)

MplsBison
March 1st, 2007, 08:28 AM
The Big Sky is a one trick pony.

Once Montana leaves for their rightful place in FBS, what's left?

ncbears
March 1st, 2007, 12:33 PM
I guess a point in this thread can be made that at least UNC is trying to improve things. We're not sitting here idle. We're trying to get the right coaches, better facilities, etc. And after all that grizz fans still can't stand us. I don't know what else to do.

AggiePride
March 1st, 2007, 01:17 PM
I hope UNC shuts everyone up this year. My favorite BSC team.

Bobcat in NC
March 1st, 2007, 02:19 PM
I'd really like to see Northern Colorado get it together and compete in the Big Sky. Sounds like they're making some moves, and I, for one, am really happy to hear that.

TulsaBobcat
March 1st, 2007, 02:28 PM
Good for the Bears! I'm happy to see things are looking up for Northern Colorado.

MplsBison
March 1st, 2007, 03:30 PM
What did they do in 96 and 97 (when they won back to back DII NCs) that they aren't doing now?

Bunch of DI transfers? What was it?

BearsCountry
March 1st, 2007, 04:25 PM
Darnell is a horrible OC. Ask any of the Gateway schools about our offense when he ran it, very predictable.

NoCoDanny
March 1st, 2007, 04:37 PM
I can take predictable, what I can't take is running a shotgun/spread when you have no talent at QB and WR...

Run a pro set, get a traditional FB and TE out there, use the run to set up the pass, etc...

Don't try and be Texas Tech when you have D2 talent at QB and WR.

:( :confused: : smh : :rolleyes: :bawling: :nonono2: :mad: :nono: :eek: :bang: xidiotx

ncbears
March 1st, 2007, 04:43 PM
What did they do in 96 and 97 (when they won back to back DII NCs) that they aren't doing now?

Bunch of DI transfers? What was it?

Joe Glenn and his assistants were good at getting d1 athletes that were over looked by the bigger schools. We failed to do that when he left.

MplsBison
March 1st, 2007, 04:52 PM
Ah, makes sense. Great coach that has moved on to bigger and better things.

ncbears
March 1st, 2007, 07:44 PM
But we had some good years since then. In 2003, our last season in d2, we made it to the semi finals and in 2004 our first transition year we ended up in the top 25 in 1AA. It's just been the past few years we've sucked.

slostang
March 1st, 2007, 10:41 PM
But we had some good years since then. In 2003, our last season in d2, we made it to the semi finals and in 2004 our first transition year we ended up in the top 25 in 1AA. It's just been the past few years we've sucked.
Good news on the upgrades for the Bears. I am glad to see the Bears back on Cal Poly's schedule. Looks like the Bears also signed a good class of high school players this year.

89rabbit
March 1st, 2007, 10:46 PM
Best of luck to the Bears.