PDA

View Full Version : W&M hires Bob Shoop as Defensive Coordinator.

Tribe4SF
February 27th, 2007, 07:25 PM
UMass secondary coach joins the Tribe.

http://tribeathletics.com/story.php/5516/

jmuroller
February 27th, 2007, 08:03 PM
A job you I wouldn't take for almost ANY SALARY!!! Laycock goes through DC's like Hef goes through GF's. How many is that now in the past 10 years or so? I wish him the best though, just not against the Dukes!!

YaleFootballFan
February 27th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Best of luck to Bob Shoop.

Husky Alum
February 28th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Bobby Shoop's a great guy. I wish him nothing but success. I think he got screwed at Columbia, to be honest.

When I made my recruiting trip to Yale in High School, he was my host and showed me a great time. Then, when I was a student at Northeastern, one of his first coaching gigs was on Barry Gallup's staff. That staff was VERY young, as the average age was like 25 - at least half of the staff were dating students at one point in time from 91-95!!!

The Tribe just hired a VERY classy individual.

Tribe4SF
February 28th, 2007, 06:51 AM
A job you I wouldn't take for almost ANY SALARY!!! Laycock goes through DC's like Hef goes through GF's. How many is that now in the past 10 years or so? I wish him the best though, just not against the Dukes!!

He's our seventh in 11 years.

Cobblestone
February 28th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Bobby Shoop's a great guy. I wish him nothing but success. I think he got screwed at Columbia, to be honest.

When I made my recruiting trip to Yale in High School, he was my host and showed me a great time. Then, when I was a student at Northeastern, one of his first coaching gigs was on Barry Gallup's staff. That staff was VERY young, as the average age was like 25 - at least half of the staff were dating students at one point in time from 91-95!!!

The Tribe just hired a VERY classy individual.

Obviously a very energetic staff. :)

Husky Alum
February 28th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Very - in fact, I think a couple of them actually married women they met when they were coaching at NU.

It was a fun time at NU - we hired a new energetic coach with young energetic assistants, and they played a fun brand of football.

That being said, I don't think Bobby was one of the guys who was dating a student while he was coaching.