PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii fans are having a fit

CSUBUCDAD
February 26th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Go check out the Hawaii board on scouts.com. They are going ballistic over CSU coming to town. Hell, they play in the WAC and the call CSU soft competition. I almost fell on the floor laughing. They most likely will thump the Bucs with their passing game but it was just comical reading some of the comments from a WAC conference fan about strength of schedule. xlolx xlolx xlolx

AZGrizFan
February 26th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Go check out the Hawaii board on scouts.com. They are going ballistic over CSU coming to town. Hell, they play in the WAC and the call CSU soft competition. I almost fell on the floor laughing. They most likely will thump the Bucs with their passing game but it was just comical reading some of the comments from a WAC conference fan about strength of schedule. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Everything (including SOS) is relative.... :cool: :eyebrow:

andy7171
February 26th, 2007, 08:15 AM
xcoffeex CSU isn't soft competition? :eyebrow:

Coastal89
February 26th, 2007, 08:43 AM
xcoffeex CSU isn't soft competition? :eyebrow:
Not for Edward Waters.:rolleyes:

CSU BUCS
February 26th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Post the Link.

CSUBUCDAD
February 26th, 2007, 09:31 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=219&F=1136#S=219&F=1136&T=162289

My screen name on Scout is MJCock(USC Gamecocks)

CSUBUCDAD
February 26th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Not for Edward Waters.:rolleyes:
Gave you chickens all you could handle the last two years now didn't we?.

Dabnus Brickey
February 26th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Did you enjoy watching us in the playoffs? That's ok, we'll watch you against Hawaii. It'll be on ESPN 8 "The Ocho!"

CSUBUCDAD
February 26th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Sure did. Always enjoy watching you guys get your ass handed to you.

Careful, might have to move this to the smack board if we get started:nono:

Dabnus Brickey
February 26th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Now you know how we felt watching you come to the beach last year.

SuperJon
February 26th, 2007, 09:44 AM

You lost by 14 and won on a fluke. How is losing by 14 "giving someone all they can handle?"

Dabnus Brickey
February 26th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Ooooo, that just happened!!! Shake and Bake!!!

Peems
February 26th, 2007, 09:53 AM
actually it didnt seem that bad. They acknowledge they are not a big time program, and they are saying that they should schedule a big named opponent if they want to be taken seriously. Though Hawaii was a top 25 team last year, and with brennan being back I'm sure they will be right up there again.

CSUBUCDAD
February 26th, 2007, 10:01 AM
You lost by 14 and won on a fluke. How is losing by 14 "giving someone all they can handle?"

How is scoring 17 on them before they even realize the game had started. A win is a win by the way. Sometimes you win when the other team makes a mistake and sometimes not, but it is still a win. That is just football.

And I guarentee you that any CCU player will tell you when line up against CSU, it is a war. Never heard one of the CCU players say how easy playing CSU was.

CCU97
February 26th, 2007, 10:05 AM
How is scoring 17 on them before they even realize the game had started. A win is a win by the way. Sometimes you win when the other team makes a mistake and sometimes not, but it is still a win. That is just football.

And I guarentee you that any CCU player will tell you when line up against CSU, it is a war. Never heard one of the CCU players say how easy playing CSU was.

I'll have to admit...the 1st quarter and a half of the 2nd quarter you did give our guys all they could handle....too bad the game is 4 quarters....at half time it was like CSU just curled up and died....

putter
February 26th, 2007, 10:06 AM
What do you expect? We bash FCS teams for having a D2 team on their schedule so what is the difference? You are their "D2" equivalent.

OB55
February 26th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah, that wimpy ole WAC, they couldn't whip anybody..........except Oklahoma.

andy7171
February 26th, 2007, 10:16 AM
xlolx

dbackjon
February 26th, 2007, 11:05 AM

Beat me to it - stupid WAC - only had a couple of teams in the top 25, and only had one team in the top 5...

CSUBUCDAD
February 26th, 2007, 11:34 AM
I'll have to admit...the 1st quarter and a half of the 2nd quarter you did give our guys all they could handle....too bad the game is 4 quarters....at half time it was like CSU just curled up and died....
I attribute it to one hell of job adjusting on the fly by Bennett and his staff. You can tell alot about a coaching staff when they can get jumped on like that, change the plan and shut down an offense like they did. Very well coached team and a great job by the defensive coordinator to adjust the scheme.

Libertine
February 26th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Never heard one of the CCU players say how easy playing CSU was.

We'll leave that to Liberty players. :D

DUPFLFan
February 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Doesn't feel good having a team call you soft competition....

Kind of sounds like most of FCS talking about the PFL..

MarkCCU
February 26th, 2007, 01:37 PM

Beat us once and it took you til 2nd OT to do it:smiley_wi :smiley_wi

GOTOREROS
February 26th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Doesn't feel good having a team call you soft competition....

Kind of sounds like most of FCS talking about the PFL..

Exactly. I love how some here are upset that the a BCS school is making light of their FCS team.........what goes around comes around......

By the way if Colt Brennan is still around he will have a field day with the CSU team......if Arizona State gets worked by them what do you think the CSU backfiled will do?

andy7171
February 26th, 2007, 02:17 PM
The only person that is upset is a fan of CSU. Everyone else is in agreement. Dare I say CSU could make light of the PFL.

This thread is getting scarey close to getting moved to smack, with a repremand from Ralph. I'm getting outta here!

Ol Blue
February 26th, 2007, 02:25 PM
The only person that is upset is a fan of CSU. Everyone else is in agreement. Dare I say CSU could make light of the PFL.

This thread is getting scarey close to getting moved to smack, with a repremand from Ralph. I'm getting outta here!

I think there is a misunderstanding of the original OP. CSU fans are not upset......we are realistic.....we know we are grossly overmatched.....no smack needed. BTW, I've never heard of a CSU fan making light of anyone else.....(we even played Edward Waters and took them seriously!)

We just find it interesting to see what their fans think of us.

CSU Girl
February 26th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Right on OL blue!

colorless raider
February 26th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Right on OL blue!
Hey CSU girl...you are the best.:hurray:

CSU Girl
February 26th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Lets Go Gate!!!!!

89Hen
February 26th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a whole lot to be upset about on that thread. Several of the posters seem to be quite reasonable about it...

"I dont want to knock D1AA football, there are good teams among them for sure. Lord knows HAW has been kicked in the ass more than once by this division of college football."

"We've known for a while that a D1aa team was likely, and I think most of us are happy to have a D1aa team on the schedule as long as there are a few other quality teams."

"Although some D1aa teams are better than our WAC competitors, the ranking know it alls, would disrespect our credibility for having them on our schedule, as we're already criticized for a "soft" WAC schedule/conference."

They seem to get it pretty well IMO. :twocents:

CSU BUCS
February 26th, 2007, 04:14 PM

I agree:thumbsup:

appfan2008
February 26th, 2007, 04:23 PM
we all know csu will get crushed and we should not forget csu is not exactly the class of fcs football

Dabnus Brickey
February 26th, 2007, 06:37 PM
we all know csu will get crushed and we should not forget csu is not exactly the class of fcs football

:hurray: xlolx :nod: :thumbsup: :bow: :beerchug:

Mountaineer#96
February 26th, 2007, 10:29 PM

AZBison
February 26th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Exactly. I love how some here are upset that the a BCS school is making light of their FCS team.........what goes around comes around......

By the way if Colt Brennan is still around he will have a field day with the CSU team......if Arizona State gets worked by them what do you think the CSU backfiled will do?

Hey now, that was a terrible ASU team with a coach that was already fired. They had nothing to play for and they were playing in Hawaii against a team that wanted desperately to make a statement.

I don't have much more hope for my Sun Devils this coming season, but at least I expect them to win their bowl game.

T-Dog
February 27th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Why should Hawaii football fans be upset over anything?

They get to watch Top 25 football IN HAWAII!

They get to go to games with Hibiscus shirts on and leis and are mere minutes away from some of the best beaches in the world.

They live in paradise. Drink your margaritas and sing Jimmy Buffet songs all day and be happy!

JALMOND
February 27th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a whole lot to be upset about on that thread. Several of the posters seem to be quite reasonable about it...

"I dont want to knock D1AA football, there are good teams among them for sure. Lord knows HAW has been kicked in the ass more than once by this division of college football."

"We've known for a while that a D1aa team was likely, and I think most of us are happy to have a D1aa team on the schedule as long as there are a few other quality teams."

"Although some D1aa teams are better than our WAC competitors, the ranking know it alls, would disrespect our credibility for having them on our schedule, as we're already criticized for a "soft" WAC schedule/conference."

Seems like a few remember their game against Portland State a few years ago (44-17 I believe). Supposedly they will not play us again, yet we are tentatively scheduled for a return trip in 2008.

andy7171
February 27th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Why should Hawaii football fans be upset over anything?

They get to watch Top 25 football IN HAWAII!

They get to go to games with Hibiscus shirts on and leis and are mere minutes away from some of the best beaches in the world.

They live in paradise. Drink your margaritas and sing Jimmy Buffet songs all day and be happy!
Good points T-dog! F 'em!

citdog
February 27th, 2007, 07:11 AM
And they have "The Dog" if they get into trouble! Go with Christ Brah, go with Christ!

justballn21
February 27th, 2007, 10:25 AM
just wait until csu has to endure the haka maori war dance that hawaii does before every game.....picture 90 pissed of islanders of gargantuan size chanting something about killing you on the field.....ill be surprised if csu takes the field after that. ill even commend them.

heres and example against idaho:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRtMDSma5pM

CSU Girl
February 27th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I dont think that will scare CSU

Ol Blue
February 27th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Haven't the "Baptists" seen that dance before?:smiley_wi

JMU2K_DukeDawg
February 27th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Haven't the "Baptists" seen that dance before?:smiley_wi

Baptists don't dance, they'll go to hell for it for Christ's sake! :smiley_wi

CSU BUCS
February 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Baptists don't dance, they'll go to hell for it for Christ's sake! :smiley_wi

Southern Baptists Dance:D

citdog
February 27th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Southern Baptists Dance:D

And they have this weird story about Jesus of Nazareth giving piggyback rides when they get tired while walking on the beach! :nod:

Bulldog87
February 27th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Let's go BUCS,Let's go BUCS.