PDA

View Full Version : UM out of Debt

Peems
February 23rd, 2007, 04:40 PM
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2007/02/23/news/local/news03.txt

Like I said in the schedule thread, the Griz are out of debt and our schedule should not be a factor in that. Sundown???

February 23rd, 2007, 04:44 PM
why does your AD use it as a crutch this year?
http://anygivensaturday.com/ralphblog/article.php?story=20070126184004878

Cleets
February 23rd, 2007, 04:45 PM
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2007/02/23/news/local/news03.txt

Like I said in the schedule thread, the Griz are out of debt and our schedule should not be a factor in that. Sundown???

the former AD steal all that money..?

-

Peems
February 23rd, 2007, 04:48 PM
why does your AD use it as a crutch this year?
http://anygivensaturday.com/ralphblog/article.php?story=20070126184004878

You got me. In defense, possibly the cost of going to APP is too much, and after just getting out of debt probably wasnt the smartest move. But to say it was a factor, was wrong, interesting that they make this announcement today instead of a few weeks ago.

February 23rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
the former AD steal all that money..?-No, the honorable Wayne Hogan did not. It was a bookkeeping error where they thought they had more money than they did.

Peems
February 23rd, 2007, 05:10 PM
No, the honorable Wayne Hogan did not. It was a bookkeeping error where they thought they had more money than they did.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic. But if not I agree 100% with you. Wayne Hogan did schedule well and did everything he could to further Montana athletics as well as the big sky.

February 23rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
Not sure if you are being sarcastic. But if not I agree 100% with you. Wayne Hogan did schedule well and did everything he could to further Montana athletics as well as the big sky.I certainly am not being sarcastic. I know Mr. Hogan very well, as AD at Montana and through his work as the NCAA playoff committee chairperson. I did an interview with Wayne just last year on WAVES.

NE MT GRIZZ
February 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Next year the Admin will use the stadium expansion expense for playing cupcakes. :rolleyes:

Peems
February 23rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
I certainly am not being sarcastic. I know Mr. Hogan very well, as AD at Montana and through his work as the NCAA playoff committee chairperson. I did an interview with Wayne just last year on WAVES.

I'm glad others agree that he was a great AD, to blame him for our blunders is wrong and uninformed.

Cleets
February 23rd, 2007, 06:41 PM
No, the honorable Wayne Hogan did not. It was a bookkeeping error where they thought they had more money than they did.

Sorry gentlemen,
I was un-awares "O" the issues...

Not trying to stir up trouble...

-

appfan2008
February 23rd, 2007, 06:55 PM
congrats on getting out of debt...
next step is to get out of montana and play a team ON THE ROAD!...
i guess that will have to wait another year

GOKATS
February 23rd, 2007, 06:59 PM

:beerchug: :beerchug: :thumbsup:

JMU2004
February 23rd, 2007, 07:18 PM

well said....... Its amazing how much tougher things get when you don't have the homefield advantage!!! Chatty 2004 anyone?? :thumbsup:

swaghook
February 23rd, 2007, 07:28 PM
They can start close to home with a trip to NDSU for the front end of a home and home. We all know by now you can't let them have the home game first.;)

BisonBacker
February 23rd, 2007, 07:58 PM
Man what a reputation, they are getting it from all corners.

BisonBacker
February 23rd, 2007, 07:58 PM
Not that I don't agree.......

slostang
February 23rd, 2007, 08:21 PM
Next year the Admin will use the stadium expansion expense for playing cupcakes. :rolleyes:
D@mn, I thought maybe we might see the Griz in SLO in the near future once the dept was paid off. Maybe in the playoffs.:nod:

appfan2008
February 24th, 2007, 03:39 PM
all you cal poly and ndsu fans hoping for a home game with them... dont get your hopes up!

MplsBison
February 24th, 2007, 05:26 PM
The only way to schedule them is a home and home with you traveling first and them backing out.

JBB
February 24th, 2007, 05:37 PM
They might like a guarantee game though? NDSU could pay them what they paid us and it would be the same as if we had done a home/home!

We could do the same with Montana State too! :cool:

JMU2K_DukeDawg
February 24th, 2007, 05:39 PM
well said....... Its amazing how much tougher things get when you don't have the homefield advantage!!! Chatty 2004 anyone?? :thumbsup:

Or YSU 2006? :rolleyes: :o

AZGrizFan
February 24th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Good Lord. All you NDSU fans need closure. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Go see a fricking counselor or something. xidiotx xidiotx

Tailbone
February 25th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Good Lord. All you NDSU fans need closure. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Go see a fricking counselor or something. xidiotx xidiotx

You'd think the greatest win in the history of NDSU football was against the Griz in 2003. :eek:

And they still suffer from an inferiority complex. :bawling:

Griz envy. :D

Tod
February 25th, 2007, 03:18 AM
You'd think the greatest win in the history of NDSU football was against the Griz in 2003. :eek:

It's all around. : smh : : smh : : smh :

Rabbit3467
February 25th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Its really disappointing that UM is out of its deficit but still had to buy out of the SDSU game. I really wanted the UM vs SDSU to become a common occurence (notice my location). I think the U of M ruined it, but I figured it was because of the deficit, but now we learn otherwise. Disappointing:(

MplsBison
February 25th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Very disappointing.

Montana is at a point in their program that they could be helping FCS football be a better division.

But they only choose to help themselves.

JBB
February 25th, 2007, 12:47 PM
You can count me among the BISON fans that have no problem with the buyout or the desire for Montqna to get as many home games as possible.

We signed the contract with the buyout clause so whats the problem with Montana State excercising it? Ive always been puzzled by some of the fans concern with that. Seems fair to me.

As for Montana? Who cares if they like to play at home. Its their stadium and they can booK the games as they please. I wish NDSU had it so good. We signed a one game deal and appreciated the opportunity to play. It will come around again some day.

Good news on the debt. Your AD has done a great job managing the programs return to stable financial ground. Congratulations and heres to the future! :cool:

Gil Dobie
February 25th, 2007, 01:07 PM

Griz :confused: I thought the thread was about Minnesota. ;)

If it's about money, Montana needs to take care of itself first.

The Bison can get by without them. :thumbsup:

Tailbone
February 25th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Very disappointing.

Montana is at a point in their program that they could be helping FCS football be a better division.

But they only choose to help themselves.

I don't get it ?!?!?!

Why is it so hard for some to understand that Montana does help the FCS.....in a BIG way.

Montana fans indirectly fund (to a significant degree) the FCS play-offs by virtue of the large dollar amounts that find their way into NCAA coffers as a result of home play-off games....or do you think that the NCAA is some philanthropy who altruistically funds the play-offs for our pleasure? (how naive).

Serving one's self-interest is basic human nature (the sooner you learn that, the better off you - and your life - will be). A well designed, synergistic system benefits all parties by accommodating ALL parties self-interest - in other words, your self-interest is best served by benefitting from our self-interest.

I suppose you think that the UM should spend their excess (?) dollars to provide better competition for the pleasure of the fans of other FCS schools. That would be short sighted and unwise.
Here's a short lesson in investment theory (stay with me here, It applies to your personal life as well as football programs). Some of your current revenues should be set aside to fuel growth - preferrably at a favorable rate of interest (compounded if possible). This allows you to retire comfortably when your income producing years are behind you (ideally, you live on the interest without touching your principal) you KNOW this, youv'e heard it before, it's a fundamental truth. It also applies to football programs in general and the UM in particular. Monies applied to growth (stadium improvements=more fans=more $$=benefit to NCAA and FCS) and not spent for the pleasure of the fans of other FCS schools creates a larger pool of money that will both directly, and indirectly, benefit the FCS and it's participant schools. Every dollar of investable funds spent frivolously today will cost hundreds or thousands in future earnings - Investors call it "eating your children" for obvious reasons. What it boils down to is this....you can take the fin in your pocket and have a great time at McDonalds today or spend the increased value of that fin invested to buy a Ferrari 30 years from now.....you decide.
The UM has made it's decision - they want the Ferrari.....and you will get to ride in it.

Tod
February 25th, 2007, 04:17 PM

So the Griz lost that game because we can't play on the road? I thought JMU won that game because they were the better team.

Guess I was wrong. :confused:

AZGrizFan
February 25th, 2007, 04:21 PM
You can count me among the BISON fans that have no problem with the buyout or the desire for Montqna to get as many home games as possible.

We signed the contract with the buyout clause so whats the problem with Montana State excercising it? Ive always been puzzled by some of the fans concern with that. Seems fair to me.

As for Montana? Who cares if they like to play at home. Its their stadium and they can booK the games as they please. I wish NDSU had it so good. We signed a one game deal and appreciated the opportunity to play. It will come around again some day.

Good news on the debt. Your AD has done a great job managing the programs return to stable financial ground. Congratulations and heres to the future! :cool:

JBB and Gil --- Bisonland voices of reason.

MPLSBison and others of your ilk----take note.

MplsBison
February 25th, 2007, 05:10 PM
The problem with the buyout clause is that we never anticipated them buying out. Thus the very low amount of 10k was agreed to.

It was a stupid move on our part, I know.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...

Next contract has 100k buyout clause.

If they don't like that (and I'm sure they won't given their tendency), then we just won't play them.

Fine with me.

AZGrizFan
February 25th, 2007, 05:31 PM
The problem with the buyout clause is that we never anticipated them buying out. Thus the very low amount of 10k was agreed to.

It was a stupid move on our part, I know.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...

Next contract has 100k buyout clause.

If they don't like that (and I'm sure they won't given their tendency), then we just won't play them.

Fine with me.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

That's too funny. You leave them an obviously better way (financially), and then NEVER expect them to exercise it? Is that naiveté or stupidity?

MplsBison
February 25th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Like I said literally the next line, stupid move on our part.

That won't happen again.

And I encourage all football teams in America to include 100k buyouts in any home and home with a Montana school.

They're slimy.

Cleets
February 25th, 2007, 07:04 PM
So the Griz lost that game because we can't play on the road? I thought JMU won that game because they were the better team.

Actually I watched that game again on VHS tape a few weeks ago and I beleive that if they played on anything other than a swamp pit Montana would have won... they couldn't pass rush in the swiming pool of a field nor could they use the speed advantage...

But that's just me...

JMU looked pretty good though...

-

GOKATS
February 25th, 2007, 07:22 PM

That won't happen again.

And I encourage all football teams in America to include 100k buyouts in any home and home with a Montana school.

They're slimy.

I think you've proven the fact that you are a 'head case'.xidiotx xidiotx

However the MSU AD has stated that MSU will honor the NDSU commitment in the next couple years, whereas UM has made no such gesture after SDSU twice traveled to um (we could add the fact that Cal Poly made a couple trips to Missoula without a return trip as well, but that's a separate story).

All I ask, with your limited mental capacity, is that you don't "lump" Montana schools. :nono: :nono:

Go Bison
February 25th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I have seen it talked about that Montana State would like to do a multiyear contract with NDSU. It was disappointed that MSU didn't come to Fargo this year but I think they will come in the future. We'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully NDSU can finish their schedule soon and then most people will forget out it.

MplsBison is a different one. He doesn't post on Bisonville but he does post at siouxsports and here. Is he really a Bison fan?

X-Factor
February 25th, 2007, 08:14 PM
guys, relax. Montana State payed $10,000 to get the game moved to a different year. MSU will still play at the dome, just not in '07 like we all hoped.

AZGrizFan
February 25th, 2007, 09:17 PM

That won't happen again.

They're slimy.

Yeah. They have better contract negotiators, apparently....if that makes them slimy in your mind, so be it. I won't get dragged down to your level to beat this dead horse again. :rolleyes:

citdog
February 26th, 2007, 03:43 AM
I understand that Montana scheduled a game against the Globbitydooks from Jupiter and then bought out of the game for 100000000 Space Bucks!!!! Who gives a ***** it happensd let it go. Montana has a program all of us would love to have.

NE MT GRIZZ
February 26th, 2007, 11:10 AM

I hate to be a whiner, but the playing field beat the Griz, not JMU.

NE MT GRIZZ
February 26th, 2007, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=MplsBison]

Montana is at a point in their program that they could be helping FCS football be a better division.QUOTE]

We help FCS better than anyone.
Just look at how well our fans travel.
Look at the attendance of our away games, it's usually the
highest attended game for our opponents.

Grizzaholic
February 26th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I hate to be a whiner, but the playing field beat the Griz, not JMU.

No we didn't get the job done. JMU didn't just sit in the locker room the second half while the field beat us. JMU played on the same field as we did and they beat us. It is not much clearer than that.

Do not try and take credit away from a good oppenent. :nono:

Don't get me wrong, the score, yards, turnovers all of that would be different if we had played on a different field. The same goes for this morning. IF I took a different route to work today I wouldn't have been pulled over by a cop for speeding. But we didn't play on a different field and I didn't take a different route.

NE MT GRIZZ
February 26th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Actually I watched that game again on VHS tape a few weeks ago and I beleive that if they played on anything other than a swamp pit Montana would have won... they couldn't pass rush in the swiming pool of a field nor could they use the speed advantage...

But that's just me...

JMU looked pretty good though...

-

I'm not alone in this opinion.
JMU was a great team.
They were a power running team and the field didn't affect them like us.

RabidRabbit
February 26th, 2007, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=MplsBison]

Montana is at a point in their program that they could be helping FCS football be a better division.QUOTE]

We help FCS better than anyone.
Just look at how well our fans travel.
Look at the attendance of our away games, it's usually the
highest attended game for our opponents.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: And when were the Griz coming to Brookings???? :smiley_wi

lizrdgizrd
February 26th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Which we was that? The fans or the AD?

Sucks you got bought out. Got any open dates for this season?

MplsBison
February 26th, 2007, 06:12 PM
The AD never in a million years would have anticipated a buyout.

That had never happened in the history of NDSU football.

And the thing is that we already went out to MSU. THEN they told us that they wouldn't be coming to Fargo.

Never again.

100k buyout clauses from now on.

NDSUFREAK
February 26th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Which we was that? The fans or the AD?

Sucks you got bought out. Got any open dates for this season?

We have open spots, but not the same as App State does.:(