PDA

View Full Version : Citadel Athletic Director leads by example

BULLDOG8180
February 22nd, 2007, 10:14 PM
Les Robinson donates $100,000 to stadium project.

http://www.citadelsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9700&ATCLID=803142

FUwolfpacker
February 22nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
Good for Les. Even though he's at El Cid, I like the guy. Very cool thing to do too.

BigApp
February 22nd, 2007, 11:17 PM
is it a lump sum, or is he spreading it out over a number of years?

BULLDOG8180
February 23rd, 2007, 08:16 AM
is it a lump sum, or is he spreading it out over a number of years?

Not sure, but all indications say it is a lump sum. The purpose is to finish the stadium quickly and get it paid for.

WUTNDITWAA
February 23rd, 2007, 08:42 AM
Les is a very classy guy. Back when he was basketball coach at NC State a friend of mine had his car break down somewhere just off campus. Who stopped, helped him push his car off safely, and took him back to his dorm? None other than Les Robinson. :nod:

Eyes of Old Main
February 23rd, 2007, 09:02 AM
I saw Les speak at a Wolfpack Club event before his first season at State. I was very impressed with him. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for him at State, but he's been doing a great job at El Cid from what I know.

He also coached Wofford's AD (and former long-time basketball coach), Richard Johnson, at The Citadel and the two are still very close.

lizrdgizrd
February 23rd, 2007, 10:40 AM
Sounds like a class act to me. :nod:

BigApp
February 23rd, 2007, 11:40 AM
he certainly had some d*mned fine teams at ETSU, that's for sure.

JDC325
February 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
How much to trade AD's for a couple of years. It would be nice to have an AD that can put together and market a multi million dollar facilities upgrade sucessfully.

Congrats on having a selfless AD.

catamount man
February 23rd, 2007, 09:53 PM
Les Robinson stopped by our tailgating area 2 years ago in Cullowhee when El Cid beat us 17-7. Our area was a great mixture of Citadel and WCU supporters and Les dropping by was the icing on the cake. Great man and great representative for the SoCon!:bow:

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ngineer
February 23rd, 2007, 11:08 PM
The best leadership there is, is by example.:thumbsup:

citdog
February 25th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Les Robinson is a fine man and one of the most respected Ad's in this country. When Les Robinson talks...... people listen!

CID1990
March 17th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Les Robinson is a fine man and one of the most respected Ad's in this country. When Les Robinson talks...... people listen!

..he needs to stop being so googly-eyed over playing these DI-A teams. His stated purpose in scheduling these games is so we can boast that we have played a team from each BCS conference. Give me a break. Arizona?!? Wisconsin?!? How the heck am I supposed to go to those darn games with air travel out of Charleston being more expensive than the Orient Express?

He arranged the upcoming home-and-home series with Princeton. That's what I'm looking for.