PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Messages Regarding Fan Site from TxSt Ath Dept

TexasTerror
February 22nd, 2007, 05:50 PM
Interesting post...a must read for all of those on this board and those active on our own universities' boards as this article is something that hits home with us all.

http://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11930

Basically, the athletic department and it's relationship with the fan web site of Texas State - San Marcos, BobcatFans.com was summarized in an article. The athletic director gave his side of view. The mens' basketball coach and the new football coach, Brad Wright, gave their sides. Each of the three had different things to say about their fan message board as well as some of the other things the site provides (they do a magazine that the basketball coach praises).

Check it out, check out the fan response from the BobcatFans (and other fans from other institutions that threw their two cents in, as I think everyone has an interest in this one).

Worth reading for sure...

Props to the reporter who did this story. I do not think there was a bias as I would think there would be in an article like this and they did a great job of getting quotes and thoughts from all sides involved, plus three folks in the athletic department...

OB55
February 22nd, 2007, 05:58 PM
If the message board is irritating the A.D., the last thing he should have done is admit that fact to the pressxidiotx

Peems
February 22nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
On the subject of players visiting the site, the UM players are supposed to not visit egriz or post on it at all. I think the only thing they do(which I'm not sure is okay) is get pictures from the site.

TexasTerror
February 22nd, 2007, 07:26 PM
On the subject of players visiting the site, the UM players are supposed to not visit egriz or post on it at all. I think the only thing they do(which I'm not sure is okay) is get pictures from the site.

We have former coaches, former athletes and even current coaches and athletes post on KatFans.com...though I know those that know who these individuals are are pretty tight-lipped about such...

Sly Fox
February 22nd, 2007, 07:43 PM
All I can say is, Wow! You think Wacker would've made those ridiculous statements to a reporter? Unbelievable.

rokamortis
February 22nd, 2007, 07:53 PM
At least it doesn't seem that TX State threatens legal action for copyright infringement by the fan site for using school logos / news releases.

Sly Fox
February 22nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
Don't give Teis any ideas, Rok.

Oh wait, he doesn't read message boards. :rolleyes:

BigApp
February 22nd, 2007, 09:41 PM
this is crazy talk!

Mr. C
February 23rd, 2007, 03:43 AM
Teis reminds me of a former AD from this part of the world that many of us know well. Funny how he knows so much about a web site he has never read.

ASU Kep
February 23rd, 2007, 10:04 AM
That just seems really dumb to me on your AD's part...

3rd Coast Tiger
February 23rd, 2007, 11:32 AM
“The Athletic Department has no vision and I have no confidence in the current AD’s ability to right the ship.”

Wow! I've heard this somewhere else too. xlolx

BigApp
February 23rd, 2007, 11:37 AM
Teis reminds me of a former AD from this part of the world that many of us know well. Funny how he knows so much about a web site he has never read.

amen to that! :thumbsup:

treacherous
February 23rd, 2007, 03:01 PM
I wish that the University Star would do an article on the complete lack of progress, lack of vision, and lack of PASSION in the Athletic Department...that might ruffle a few feathers...

Much like my letter in BobcatFans Magazine did. I don't know if I like the quote the author of the article used when he called me...my main point was that BobcatFans.com and other fan sites gives the fans a voice that they wouldn't otherwise have.

But oh well. THE MAIN EFFECT of this article has been the realization by many that the Athletic Director at Texas State has a CLEAR disdain for the fans and anyone who might disagree with the direction he is leading (or not leading) the University's Athletic programs in.

February 23rd, 2007, 05:36 PM
Teis reminds me of a former AD from this part of the world that many of us know well. Funny how he knows so much about a web site he has never read.You mean like a website that is so disgustingly hateful towards their own team's athletic department personnel that the AD hears about it? I know fan websites like that but not Bobcatfans.com.

patssle
February 23rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
I've heard of a nice quote describing the TSU-SM athletic department from somebody who used to work in their AD

a trainwreck

TexasTerror
February 27th, 2007, 11:20 AM
The latest...

http://star.txstate.edu/images/stories/feb07/27/stark2-27.jpg

Editorial...

http://star.txstate.edu/content/view/2820/

TexasTerror
February 28th, 2007, 06:25 PM
An editorial from today's fishwrap...

http://star.txstate.edu/content/view/2832/179/

Spooney-Cat
March 1st, 2007, 08:13 AM
Yeah, something has to happen in the higher-ups.

Case and point - TxState's baseball program has been consistently one of (it not the best) sport at the college for years. However, we still have a sorry a$$ high school stadium. We have the largest budget in the SLC. There are no excuses, period.

Get Teis out, and build us a respectable field, of which we should have had several years ago...