PDA

View Full Version : SNW: Recruiting Article

TexasTerror
February 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM
Matt D provides his "look back" at the class of 2004. Everything is so crazy with recruiting when as many transfers, especially from FBS can really make things interesting...

Glad Matt D mentioned Chris Brown in addition to Bomar for SHSU...

Extra Point: Recruiting - A look back at the class of 2004
By Matt Dougherty, FCS Editor

Chattanooga, TN (Sports Network) - Senseless. Useless. Waste of time. The list could go on and on, but the point remains the same. There’s nothing worse than trying to determine how 17 and 18-year-old athletes will progress over the next four or five years in college.

In many ways, writing the recruiting rankings article was my easiest task of the year. Take a look at press releases and websites like Scout and Rivals, find a few projected blue-chippers heading to FCS schools, and list those players without anyone being able to make a real argument about who should and should not be on the list.

But I put a stop to the rankings of players last year, instead just listing transfers or first-year players that were entering interesting situations (though Appalachian State quarterback Armanti Edwards was on that list, so chalk one up for me). I don’t want to put a ranking on players I’ve never seen in person or on tape, especially when most of those players won’t even make a major impact for at least a few years and someone like Ricky Santos comes out of nowhere to win the top individual honor in FCS as a junior. I don’t want to sit here in Philadelphia and say a quarterback from Mississippi who won the state title is better than the running back from South Carolina who runs a 4.4.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4064460.htm

Lehigh Football Nation
February 22nd, 2007, 08:45 AM
10 teams to watch

Lehigh - After a 6-5 record in his first season, head coach Andy Coen takes the next step in the journey to shape his roster and re-claim the Mountain Hawks’ status as the premier program in the Lehigh Valley by bringing in a 29-player recruiting class that includes players from 10 different states and five players on both the offensive and defensive lines.

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

OL FU
February 22nd, 2007, 08:48 AM
10 teams to watch

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

I will say the same thing I said on the other thread,

You need to go back and read the paragraph that leads that section of the article.