10/20 Central Arkansas
10/27 @McNeese State
11/03 @Texas State
11/10 Sam Houston St (Homecoming)
11/17 Nicholls State

http://www.lionsports.net/football_schedule.html

TexasTerror
February 21st, 2007, 07:53 PM
Okay, looks as if I'll be attending SELA's homecoming as Hammond is a easy hop and skip for me from NOLA...

Question is will I go see Tulane game on 9/22. Waiting to find out SHSU's schedule as it relates to that date. May need to make that Tulane/SELA game. It'll probably be an early game time...hmmm...

BigApp
February 21st, 2007, 08:00 PM
you should have SHSU's schedule pieced together pretty good by now, no?

Bison_Kent
February 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM
Playing 3 FBS teams is tough.

TexasTerror
February 21st, 2007, 08:03 PM
you should have SHSU's schedule pieced together pretty good by now, no?

That's the one date we have not officially filled. We are reportedly (from the coaches' mouth) going to North Dakota State on that date. Question is timing. I'd assume that Tulane/SELA will have an early start. Not sure when NDSU vs SHSU would start. They either started at 1 PM or 6 PM for all their Saturday starts. A 6 PM start would allow attendance at Tulane/SELA. We'll see...

BigApp, find me Nicholls St schedule if you can...I'm having no luck!

TexasTerror
February 21st, 2007, 08:06 PM
Playing 3 FBS teams is tough.

Three FBS and a sub-Div I. That's not a great football schedule at all, but the economic climate of Hammond, LA and this part of the state is making it happen. I feel bad for SELA and I'm interested to see, as I asked Big App, for the Nicholls State schedule...

Then on the other hand, you have SHSU that has two Div II games and an FBS game. It's no better...:bang:

TxState_GO_CATS!
February 21st, 2007, 08:12 PM
Mumme Bowl August 30th!!!

I wonder what the score will be?!?!

TexasTerror
February 21st, 2007, 08:14 PM
Mumme Bowl August 30th!!!

I wonder what the score will be?!?!

Mumme Bowl II

Last year, it was 30-15...

Different story this year, especially with Roland no longer the HC of the Lions...

http://www.i-55.com/lionsports.net/stats/football/2006/nmsu01.htm

Lionsrking
February 21st, 2007, 11:23 PM
Three FBS and a sub-Div I. That's not a great football schedule at all, but the economic climate of Hammond, LA and this part of the state is making it happen. I feel bad for SELA and I'm interested to see, as I asked Big App, for the Nicholls State schedule...

Times are tight in Louisiana but the three FBS games this year have more to do with filling the schedule than needing the money. We were having trouble getting games and Tulane wanted to play us. From what I understand, we only wanted two FBS games and tried to push back the NM State game. It's probably not the ideal schedule as far as trying to maneuver for an at-large playoff berth but I like playing FBS schools we can compete with and it's a big selling point in recruiting.

GeauxLions94
February 21st, 2007, 11:28 PM
Times are tight in Louisiana but the three FBS games this year have more to do with filling the schedule than needing the money. We were having trouble getting games and Tulane wanted to play us. From what I understand, we only wanted two FBS games and tried to push back the NM State game. It's probably not the ideal schedule as far as trying to maneuver for an at-large playoff berth but I like playing FBS schools we can compete with and it's a big selling point in recruiting.

And two of the three (NMSU and Tulane) we should be able to compete with. Thank God for no Texas Tech :bang: (FCS teams that play Texas Tech are in my prayers)

FargoBison
February 22nd, 2007, 01:59 AM
That's the one date we have not officially filled. We are reportedly (from the coaches' mouth) going to North Dakota State on that date. Question is timing. I'd assume that Tulane/SELA will have an early start. Not sure when NDSU vs SHSU would start. They either started at 1 PM or 6 PM for all their Saturday starts. A 6 PM start would allow attendance at Tulane/SELA. We'll see...

The NDSU game will most likely be at 6pm, the school really like to schedule games at night unless its homecoming or the Harvest Bowl.

TexasTerror
February 22nd, 2007, 06:58 AM
The NDSU game will most likely be at 6pm, the school really like to schedule games at night unless its homecoming or the Harvest Bowl.

Outside of the first game back in NOLA, Tulane played all their games at 1 PM...

A SELA/Tulane (in person)...SHSU/NDSU (via radio) doubleheader is likely then...

JoshUCA
February 22nd, 2007, 09:28 AM
Why are you having your Homecoming so late in the season, when you have a home game with us (UCA) a couple of weeks earlier?

GeauxLions94
February 22nd, 2007, 10:57 AM
Why are you having your Homecoming so late in the season, when you have a home game with us (UCA) a couple of weeks earlier?

If it's any consolation, UCA might be our Hall of Fame game

Purple Pride
February 22nd, 2007, 11:38 AM
If you were them, who would you rather play for homecoming?;)

BigApp
February 22nd, 2007, 12:02 PM

Keep looking, I shall! :)

GeauxLions94
February 25th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Okay, looks as if I'll be attending SELA's homecoming as Hammond is a easy hop and skip for me from NOLA...

Question is will I go see Tulane game on 9/22. Waiting to find out SHSU's schedule as it relates to that date. May need to make that Tulane/SELA game. It'll probably be an early game time...hmmm...

Probably 1 p.m., but possible 2:30.

SLU officially released their schedule. Nov. 10 game will be a special one for Coach Lucas :nod:

2007 SLU Football Schedule Released (http://www.lionsports.net/index.php?pid=headline&content=user&func=article&id=2841)

GeauxColonels
February 25th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Keep looking, I shall! :)
Hasn't been posted and won't be until later this spring. They ALWAYS seem like the last team to post their schedule.

Rest assured that as SOON as they post the schedule, I will be the first to link it on here!