PDA

View Full Version : Furman vs. GSU 05' Video Highlights!

GaSouthern
February 21st, 2007, 05:57 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18wi7_gsuvsfu05

This is completely 1 sided highlights from our last home win and our last great win overall as an option team.

Just wanted to post it up, sorry furman fans :D

Man do I miss the option! hope the Hatch Attack is just as exciting!!! :thumbsup:

Kill'em
February 21st, 2007, 06:08 PM
Those were the days.

LarryBoy
February 21st, 2007, 06:10 PM
I had no idea how big of a loss this would become...if we beat you guys, we get App. at home in the semifinals. I'm not saying we would have won that game for sure, but we've all seen the difference between FU/ASU games in Greenville and in Boone.

And also, if you guys lose here, you don't have to suffer through the Texas St. game.

All the same, it was a great game; you guys outplayed us. A hard-fought, hard-hitting game like that was what Georgia Southern football used to be about.

Kill'em
February 21st, 2007, 09:55 PM
Hopefully it will be again. :nod:

PaladinFan
February 21st, 2007, 11:22 PM
The IAA world can't underestimate what a monumental loss that was in '05. With a win Furman would have secured the #1 seed, the conference championship, and homefield advantage. Instead ASU gets all of the above (except a #2 seed) and wins a national championship playing in their friendly confines.

I'm suprised GSU fans don't get more thanks from the ASU faithful.

Kill'em
February 22nd, 2007, 01:09 AM
That loss was huge. You are right, it gave home field advantage to App St and we all know how much an advantage home field is.

Laserlips
February 22nd, 2007, 04:50 PM
Man do I miss the option! hope the Hatch Attack is just as exciting!!! :thumbsup:

Great!

Thanks for sharing.. I saw it happen in Paulson, and even tho we didn't pull it out against APP last season I think we scared them to death...

BVG should be hamstrung for mis-using, or not using, Jayson Foster last season. It just shows what a loser he was...

Glad we've got Jayson one more year, and I'll betcha' Coach Hatcher is smart enough to use him.. A lot...:hurray:

Thanks again,

J. Pomeroy

JDC325
February 22nd, 2007, 05:57 PM
Man I hope we see alot of Foster highlights this year. I am a realist and know the option is not coming back but it is a thing of beauty when ran correctly.

Kill'em
February 22nd, 2007, 09:06 PM
I watched our classic with Montana in the 2000 Finals, today. I really miss that offense. I don't miss how poorly we play in bad weather.

PaladinFan
February 22nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
I watched our classic with Montana in the 2000 Finals, today. I really miss that offense. I don't miss how poorly we play in bad weather.

That New Hampshire loss was kind of the beginning of a downward trend past few years. Blame it on the Hurricane season?

Kill'em
February 23rd, 2007, 06:54 AM
New Hampshire is another game I'd like to forget. That was some really bad weather. I can't forget about the '98 Finals against U-Mass. We gave them 31 points directly off turnovers. Many of these were practically unforced and on our side of the 50. Actually most were inside our 20. :nonono2: Add this to our inability to stop their offense.