PDA

View Full Version : FCS TV

Peems
February 21st, 2007, 02:33 PM
It's usually talked about on here how there are always a few games on "national" TV. What package do you have to have to be able to view these games. I would like to view more than just UM or MSU. Though I am always in Missoula come game day I would love to record these other contests. Every bit helps...thanks.

th0m
February 21st, 2007, 02:37 PM
I know CN8 usually airs one CAA game every week, and you can watch it on the net. I found a program that lets you record webstreams, so you could re-watch games like that (as well as time them, so you don't have to be present when the game starts!) Other than that, I wouldn't really know.

Col Hogan
February 21st, 2007, 02:39 PM
I know CN8 usually airs one CAA game every week, and you can watch it on the net. I found a program that let's you record webstreams, so you could re-watch games like that (as well as time them, so you don't have to be present when the game starts!) Other than that, I wouldn't really know.

What's the program? I'm interested.

FargoBison
February 21st, 2007, 02:47 PM
It's usually talked about on here how there are always a few games on "national" TV. What package do you have to have to be able to view these games. I would like to view more than just UM or MSU. Though I am always in Missoula come game day I would love to record these other contests. Every bit helps...thanks.

Go with the Direct TV sports pack, it offers most of the Fox Sports Channels, CSTV, ESPNU and a few other networks that show FCS games.

th0m
February 21st, 2007, 03:03 PM
What's the program? I'm interested.

That's a good question. I downloaded a bunch of 'm, and now I can't find any. I only used it on one occasion. I will get back to you on that one!

UNHWildCats
February 21st, 2007, 03:09 PM
Go with the Direct TV sports pack, it offers most of the Fox Sports Channels, CSTV, ESPNU and a few other networks that show FCS games.

are the fox regional channels subject to blackout on college games?

I was gonna get direct tv just for the sports pack until they told me all red sox games on NESN would be blacked out cause i was in NY and the Yankees and Mets have tv rights here.

FargoBison
February 21st, 2007, 03:13 PM

I was gonna get direct tv just for the sports pack until they told me all red sox games on NESN would be blacked out cause i was in NY and the Yankees and Mets have tv rights here.

I get most of the college games but yes NBA, MLB and NHL are blacked out for the most part.

Col Hogan
February 21st, 2007, 03:16 PM
That's a good question. I downloaded a bunch of 'm, and now I can't find any. I only used it on one occasion. I will get back to you on that one!

Thanks for your effort...either post it here, or PM me.

th0m
February 21st, 2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks for your effort...either post it here, or PM me.

Found it! I told some people on the CAAZone.com boards and just scanned my PM's there.

Here it is: http://sdp.ppona.com/

It should be self-explanatory (I worked it out and I'm not that good with computers) but you can always PM me!

Now, pardon the OT.

Peems
February 21st, 2007, 04:34 PM
Found it! I told some people on the CAAZone.com boards and just scanned my PM's there.

Here it is: http://sdp.ppona.com/

It should be self-explanatory (I worked it out and I'm not that good with computers) but you can always PM me!

Now, pardon the OT.

thank you sir th0m.:bow: :bow:

TexasTerror
February 21st, 2007, 05:53 PM

Yep, those professional games are blacked out because of the local rights deals and then the national deals that exist (NHL Center Ice, NBA League Pass, etc). Wouldn't be right if those games were available because of those deals.

I've been watching lots of low-major college basketball and all sorts of college hockey thanks to DirecTV. I'd say there's about seven to ten FCS games most weeks. CSTV and ESPNU have one or two each, always a game or two on a Thursday night and then I saw quite a bit of games each week...