PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day

Grizzaholic
February 19th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Well I knew it would happen sooner or later but I didn't think it would happen so damn soon. Before Daytona yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to pop in the 1995 championship game against Marshall and burn a couple of hours. Well it happened. Damn VCR ate the tape. It is gone forever. Tape is all broken and torn to pieces. I just don't know how to feel. I watch that same tape before every season and 2 or 3 times in the offseason.

Really ruined my Sunday.:(

On a side note. If anybody happens to have a tape of that game I would be glad to pay for a copy. DVD would be great!

bandl
February 19th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Well I knew it would happen sooner or later but I didn't think it would happen so damn soon. Before Daytona yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to pop in the 1995 championship game against Marshall and burn a couple of hours. Well it happened. Damn VCR ate the tape. It is gone forever. Tape is all broken and torn to pieces. I just don't know how to feel. I watch that same tape before every season and 2 or 3 times in the offseason.

On a side note. If anybody happens to have a tape of that game I would be glad to pay for a copy. DVD would be great!

I have the Montana 2004 NC game on DVD...want a copy? :cool:

Grizzaholic
February 19th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I bought myself a DVD player/burner a couple of years ago and record them on DVD now. I just never thought of burning a DVD of that game. Seems like a pretty good idea now.

th0m
February 19th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Like bandl, I only have the '04 NC DVD :( My condoleances on your loss, I know what you must be going through this off-season, I watched a recorded game just yesterday (JMU-Delaware last season, a real treat).

ChickenMan
February 19th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Not that many Griz fans would want one.. but I have a VHS tape of the '93 UD/Montana 49-48 shootout... ;)

ChickenMan
February 19th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I watched a recorded game just yesterday (JMU-Delaware last season, a real treat).

I liked the '05 game much better...

JohnStOnge
February 19th, 2007, 02:07 PM
At least you've got a reason to be disappointed that you can't watch the tape. I've got the 1997 and 2002 championship games on tape and have never watched them. Both very disappointing.

February 19th, 2007, 02:28 PM
the tape can be repaired you know?

griz37
February 19th, 2007, 03:30 PM

If you have the ability to burn it I have the game on VHS, the screen gets a little fuzy after Andy Larsons field goal though. Too much jumping up & down. :D

Mr. C
February 19th, 2007, 05:02 PM
This again brings up the idea of all of us putting together lists of what I-AA/FCS games we have and setting up a network to freely trade with each other. I was just talking to one of my best friends last night about this very subject. He is in the process of putting his football, basketball and music video library on to a hard drive, so he can burn all of it to DVD. Maybe we should start a thread on this and start working on particulars.

I know for one thing, I'd love to get all of the I-AA championship games (I have a smattering of them, most from 1998 on).

I'm sure somehow we can find someone around here to replace that 1995 game for you.

P.S. Too bad that game was played between Montana and Marshall and not McNeese State and Appalachian State, the No. 1 and 2 ranked teams.

griz37
February 19th, 2007, 06:21 PM
This again brings up the idea of all of us putting together lists of what I-AA/FCS games we have and setting up a network to freely trade with each other. I was just talking to one of my best friends last night about this very subject. He is in the process of putting his football, basketball and music video library on to a hard drive, so he can burn all of it to DVD. Maybe we should start a thread on this and start working on particulars.

I know for one thing, I'd love to get all of the I-AA championship games (I have a smattering of them, most from 1998 on).

I'm sure somehow we can find someone around here to replace that 1995 game for you.

P.S. Too bad that game was played between Montana and Marshall and not McNeese State and Appalachian State, the No. 1 and 2 ranked teams.

Just because they were ranked 1 & 2 doesn't make them the 2 best best teams. Watch that game & tell me the Griz & Marshall weren't the best in I-AA that year. :twocents:

Peems
February 19th, 2007, 07:02 PM
If you have the ability to burn it I have the game on VHS, the screen gets a little fuzy after Andy Larsons field goal though. Too much jumping up & down. :D

i'd take a copy:thumbsup:

igo4uni
February 19th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Not that many Griz fans would want one.. but I have a VHS tape of the '93 UD/Montana 49-48 shootout... ;)

I can't believe that Mr. Chicken hasn't commented on this!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :) :) :) :) :) :rotateh: :rotateh: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :D :D :D :D :D :D

McNeese75
February 19th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Just because they were ranked 1 & 2 doesn't make them the 2 best best teams. Watch that game & tell me the Griz & Marshall weren't the best in I-AA that year. :twocents:

Ummmmm, sorry I cannot go along with that. McNeese did lose to Marshall at home in some pretty severe weather for us southerners the week before. It would have been interesting to see how that game turned out in better conditions. I still think the Cowboys were the better team that year. :twocents:

MR. CHICKEN
February 19th, 2007, 09:26 PM
WHY SHOVE DUH GRIZZWOLD'S SNOUTS.....INTA DUH 49-48?.........AH'M UH BIGGERAH BIRD........DAN DAT.........xlolx......BRAWK!

49-48......BUK!...BUK!...BUK!...BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

MR. CHICKEN
February 19th, 2007, 09:27 PM
49-48

Mr. C
February 19th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I'm not saying Montana didn't deserve their title, just that I would have liked to have seen McNeese State and App State have played. Marshall definitely WASN'T better that Appalachian State, The Mountaineers went to Marshall and held the Thundering Herd to three points in 1995 to win 10-3 and the same ASU team thumped Marshall in Boone 24-14 in 1994. Those of us who saw Marshall beat McNeese State in the 1995 playoffs were of the opinion that the Herd won a fluky kind of game. If you played that game 10 times, McNeese State probably wins seven or eight times. I'm of the opinion that the main reason that it took Montana to the final seconds to beat Marshall was the game was played on Marshall's home field. If that game is played in Missoula, or at a neutral site, the Griz wins in a pretty solid fashion.

MR. CHICKEN
February 19th, 2007, 09:35 PM
I can't believe that Mr. Chicken hasn't commented on this!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :) :) :) :) :) :rotateh: :rotateh: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :D :D :D :D :D :D

49-48

Tailbone
February 19th, 2007, 11:43 PM
......... I'm of the opinion that the main reason that it took Montana to the final seconds to beat Marshall was the game was played on Marshall's home field. If that game is played in Missoula, or at a neutral site, the Griz wins in a pretty solid fashion.

I've been told that the Marshall field has a very pronounced crown in the center (for drainage?) and that it was a difficult adjustment for the Griz who play on a relatively flat surface.

Mr. C
February 20th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Indeed there was a big difference in the two home facilities. At that time, Washington-Grizzly was sans artificial turf and had little grass by the time the playoffs rolled around. Some colleagues who attended games there at the time have told me about Montana bringing out equipment after the games to "drag" the field baseball-style. Ask Georgia Southern fans their experiences of going up to Missoula in 1995.

Montana probably had more adjustments to make to what were I-AA's most obnoxious fans than to the field. Huntington, W.V. is one of my two least favorite places in America to go to, sharing honors with Taft, California. Taft has a highly-successful junior college program, with some of the most redneck fans in the country. SI once ran an article on Taft in the early 1970s when the town folks ran ALL of the black athletes at Taft J.C. out of town.

DuckDuckGriz
February 20th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Indeed there was a big difference in the two home facilities. At that time, Washington-Grizzly was sans artificial turf and little grass by the time the playoffs rolled around. Some colleagues who attended games there at the time have told me about Montana bringing out equipment after the games to "drag" the field baseball-style. Ask Georgia Southern fans their experiences of going up to Missoula in 1995.
http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2005_2006_an/Media/Football/1995_Highlig/fb951202.wmv

Tod
February 20th, 2007, 12:27 AM
http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2005_2006_an/Media/Football/1995_Highlig/fb951202.wmv

:) :) :) :) :)

Call it "The Griz Answer to "Son of the Run". :thumbsup:

GOKATS
February 20th, 2007, 12:51 AM
I've been told that the Marshall field has a very pronounced crown in the center (for drainage?) and that it was a difficult adjustment for the Griz who play on a relatively flat surface.

Do you griz ever run out of excuses? It was too wet, it was too muddy, the grass had dirt on it, the dirt didn't have grass on it, etc, etc, etc............................................... ...........it's football!

It wasn't that long ago (but very possibly before you) that the griz played at home in the conditions I described above. Do you realize how pathetically weak you sound when you say the field had a 'pronounced crown' and it was 'difficult' for the griz to adjust?

Fortunately, a few of us have been able to beat the friz in wa/griz the last few years, even with the utopian playing conditions- the last being UMass.

Mr. C
February 20th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Do you griz ever run out of excuses? It was too wet, it was too muddy, the grass had dirt on it, the dirt didn't have grass on it, etc, etc, etc............................................... ...........it's football!

It wasn't that long ago (but very possibly before you) that the griz played at home in the conditions I described above. Do you realize how pathetically weak you sound when you say the field had a 'pronounced crown' and it was 'difficult' for the griz to adjust?

Fortunately, a few of us have been able to beat the friz in wa/griz the last few years, even with the utopian playing conditions- the last being UMass.
Excuses? Montana BEAT Marshall at Marshall Stadium for the national championship. No need for excuses (I guess I'm officially a Griz homer now. :D). I started all of this by saying that Montana beats Marshall handily if the title game was played at a neutral site (as championship games should be played).

CrunchGriz
February 20th, 2007, 01:03 AM

Not to put too fine a spin on this, but the conversation about the Griz and Marshall in this thread was about the 1995 game, which Montana won. Whether or not UM had a difficult time adjusting to the field, the Griz still won.

Excuses are not necessary for that Montana team. Really.

You're starting to see excuses where none are needed, or intended. It was just an observation about the field at Marshall, which you'll note not a single poster from the Southern Conference, who would know, has refuted.

GOKATS
February 20th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Mr.C and CrunchGriz-

My bad for talking about the '95 Season:o

I was referring to griz excuses as a generality.:D