PDA

View Full Version : Gateway expansion watch heavy at NDSU board

NDSUFREAK
February 18th, 2007, 11:33 AM
EVERYONE, JOIN THE CONVERSATION AT THE BISON BOARDS (http://www400.pair.com/bisonvil/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1171784186/0) ABOUT THE EXPANSION OF NDSU AND SDSU! THINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD AND INSIDE INFO HAS STATED VERY LIKELY THAT ALL 7 TEAMS WILL VOTE YES.

MplsBison
February 18th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Actually, http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/, it's probably going to be put of until the summer.

Jackluv
February 18th, 2007, 12:45 PM
im excited!

BearsCountry
February 18th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Here is Missouri State's view
http://www.springfieldnewsleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070218/SPORTS0405/702180368/1002/SPORTS

Thundar
February 18th, 2007, 01:23 PM
I fully understand the bottom of the GFC not wanting to add the XDSU's, but in my opinion will it not help their program in 2 -3 yrs to tell their recruits that they have the chance to Play in the #1 conference against the BEST teams in the FCS??? Not saying that it would be the Definate power conference but I think it would be tuff to bet against it.

PaladinFan
February 18th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Just a homer, but if the BEST teams played in the GFC, they'd of won a good deal more championships in the past 5-10 years eh?

February 18th, 2007, 09:49 PM
EVERYONE, JOIN THE CONVERSATION AT...Why not join the conversation here? :confused: :confused:

Gil Dobie
February 18th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Just a homer, but if the BEST teams played in the GFC, they'd of won a good deal more championships in the past 5-10 years eh?

We are thinking the next 5-10 years. :thumbsup:

NDSUFREAK
February 18th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Why not join the conversation here? :confused: :confused:

Well...I guess there is 7 pages of talk over at the BISON boards, but no one has really talked about it on here that I have seen. Hell, there probably has been talk but it seems lost in the wind.

February 18th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Well...I guess there is 7 pages of talk over at the BISON boards, but no one has really talked about it on here that I have seen. Hell, there probably has been talk but it seems lost in the wind.Yeah, there has been plenty of talk. No one posted on it today but yesterday the "Will the Gateway take NDSU & SDSU??" thread had posts (total 74 posts, 2,599 views - http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19616 ) and there are others, not to mention what is on the GWFC board. :twocents:

NDSUFREAK
February 19th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Yeah, there has been plenty of talk. No one posted on it today but yesterday the "Will the Gateway take NDSU & SDSU??" thread had posts (total 74 posts, 2,599 views - http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19616 ) and there are others, not to mention what is on the GWFC board. :twocents:

Ha, have you seen the GWFC board? The thread title might say what you should be talking about, but the subject is soo much different. I'll bring back the earlier thread then.

(but it is happening on the BISON boards too. What a shame it is...)

February 19th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Ha, have you seen the GWFC board? The thread title might say what you should be talking about, but the subject is soo much different. I'll bring back the earlier thread then.

(but it is happening on the BISON boards too. What a shame it is...)There's another thread here on discussion that stalled on 2/12 as well. Not much going on since Patty V was on WAVES besides how the schools are posturing. We'll know tomorrow. Patty's going to call me with the word ASAP.

NDSUFREAK
February 19th, 2007, 12:16 AM
There's another thread here on discussion that stalled on 2/12 as well. Not much going on since Patty V was on WAVES besides how the schools are posturing. We'll know tomorrow. Patty's going to call me with the word ASAP.
We may not know tomorrow......SIU seems to be stubborn also with Missouri State. An article written about it seems like they are scared of the competition if NDSU and SDSU are admitted.

BisonBacker
February 19th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Why not join the conversation here? :confused: :confused:
Or here
www.bisonsports.net:rotateh:

February 19th, 2007, 12:26 AM
We may not know tomorrow.......Oh we'll know yea or nay for tomorrow.

UNHWildCats
February 19th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Or here
www.bisonsports.net:rotateh: (http://www.bisonsports.net:rotateh:)

i've visited. scary place :p

BisonBacker
I sure hope your right ralph, don't want to have to wait till June

NDSUFREAK
Oh we'll know yea or nay for tomorrow.

I've been hearing they are taking us, not taking us, waiting until summer, and voting tomorrow. So you're positive that they are voting tomorrow?

BisonBacker
February 19th, 2007, 12:28 AM
i've visited. scary place :p
Naw not scary :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

February 19th, 2007, 01:23 AM
I've been hearing they are taking us, not taking us, waiting until summer, and voting tomorrow. So you're positive that they are voting tomorrow?No. No one can be positive. But they have six of the seven presidents (and a person authorized by the prez) attending this meeting (not a normal thing at all) so the possibility of a vote could occur.

BearsCountry
February 19th, 2007, 01:48 AM
I think they get in. Alot of the stuff being said in the media is looking like a poker face to me.

WYOBISONMAN
February 19th, 2007, 03:22 AM
This conference stuff is tough for us fans. I very much hope we get a vote tomorrow.

JBB
February 19th, 2007, 08:17 AM
LOL.

Just got back from bisonville! Wonderful discussion on the Gateway if you enjoy

FORGET IT WE WILL NEVER PLAY THEM!!

Your so stupid, we will play them again. Its the greatest rivalry in college football.

after that you can visit the threads that mock other posters. fun

There were one or two links but they are all here too.

Bisonsports.net might not have as many talking but the conversation is a little more developed than that.

Somehow this morning Im not feeling too optomistic. I dont think NDSU and SDSU can wait around if they dont move ahead with us. If this gets hung up without a clear indication that we will be admitted in June we should:

1) Re commit to the GWFC and get USD and UND on the schedules.
2) Put all our efforts into GWFC expansion including teams from other conferences that might be interested.
3) Let the Gateway teams know we are still interested and try and schedule with them.

If we are admitted I think we might watch for:

1) Some type of admission fee. It may be refundable over time and it may be a hundred thousand or more
2) Long term commitment with heavy exit fee
3) Possibly some type of travel concessions to visiting teams for a year or two.