10/06 Elon
10/13 @ Chattanooga
10/20 The Citadel (Homecoming)
10/27 Wofford
11/03 OPEN
11/10 @ Appalachian
11/17 Furman

http://catamountsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020607aab.html

This wasn't officially released until Feb 6th, and hadn't been posted here as official.

BigApp
February 17th, 2007, 06:36 PM
if WCU comes out of their 1st five better than 1-4, that'll be impressive!

AppGuy04
February 17th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Big paydays though

TexasTerror
February 17th, 2007, 07:28 PM
WCU has two FBS games and one Div II game (Presbyterian)...

Really putting themselves in a bind as it relates to the playoffs, but that's what SHSU is doing, though with two Div II games and one FBS...

citdog
February 17th, 2007, 07:32 PM
WCU could be 1-10 easy! I think they wnd up 4-7 though, there is some fight in those 'Cats.

GoldandBlack
February 17th, 2007, 07:34 PM
KILLER schedule, especially given their tribulations last year.

I hope they can stay healthy through 'Bama and UGA - injuries early could wax them.

SuperJon
February 17th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Florida to end the season last year, then Bama and UGA at the beginning of this season.

Presby may seem like a middle school team size-wise after that stretch.

TheBisonator
February 17th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Looks like a 4-7 record there to me. But that would still be a big improvement over last year.

Bama and Georgia will be ol' southern woodshed beatings, and Presby will be a win. And I think 3 out of the other 8 may be wins.

T-Dog
February 17th, 2007, 11:55 PM

Really putting themselves in a bind as it relates to the playoffs, but that's what SHSU is doing, though with two Div II games and one FBS...

Did you just put "WCU" and "playoffs" in the same point? :nono: xidiotx

:D

catamount man
February 18th, 2007, 12:47 AM
09/01 @ Alabama
09/08 @ Eastern Kentucky
09/15 @ Georgia
09/22 Presbyterian
09/29 @ Georgia Southern
10/06 Elon
10/13 @ Chattanooga
10/27 Wofford
11/03 OPEN
11/10 @ Appalachian
11/17 Furman

This wasn't officially released until Feb 6th, and hadn't been posted here as official.

Day late and a dollar short ain't we?!:thumbsup:

p/s Hey, I can't help if I know the schedule before our AD wants to release it. HA!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

youwouldno
February 18th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Well the game against Presby is the only one in which WCU would be considered favorites at this point. I wonder if WCU has financial issues in the athletic dept. because two automatic destructions is a little much. Having a brutal schedule seems counterproductive if a team is struggling to find wins...

catamount man
February 18th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Well the game against Presby is the only one in which WCU would be considered favorites at this point. I wonder if WCU has financial issues in the athletic dept. because two automatic destructions is a little much. Having a brutal schedule seems counterproductive if a team is struggling to find wins...

Money has been an issue in the last few years, but believe me when I tell you, football just received a $500,000.00 donation from a former player and another alum is about to give another large gift to football and when I say large, I mean LARGE.

I can't tell you more, but along with these 2 gifts, more money is coming in as well and the Catamount Club is on pace to shatter a record this year for money pledged and given. It's VERY EXCITING to see!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

AppGuy04
February 18th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Money has been an issue in the last few years, but believe me when I tell you, football just received a $500,000.00 donation from a former player and another alum is about to give another large gift to football and when I say large, I mean LARGE.

I can't tell you more, but along with these 2 gifts, more money is coming in as well and the Catamount Club is on pace to shatter a record this year for money pledged and given. It's VERY EXCITING to see!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Lets just hope it translates on the field. I would like to see a "Battle" for the Jug, not us just keeping it

Sly Fox
February 18th, 2007, 01:20 PM
And for the record, PC is a transitional FCS school.

The Catamounts have their work cut out for them. But dollars do make a big difference down the road.

BigApp
February 18th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Day late and a dollar short ain't we?!:thumbsup:

p/s Hey, I can't help if I know the schedule before our AD wants to release it. HA!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

:rolleyes:

Mr. C
February 18th, 2007, 01:47 PM
If you are not going to win, at least you can make some money. I can't see more than two or three wins at the most on that schedule for the Catamounts. The 2007 season could even be worse than 2006 for our friends from Cullowhee.

catamount man
February 18th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Lets just hope it translates on the field. I would like to see a "Battle" for the Jug, not us just keeping it

You and me both friend!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

BrevardMountaineer03
February 18th, 2007, 02:41 PM
You and me both friend!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I think all of us want it to be a good game for the 'Old Mountain Jug'.

EKU05
February 18th, 2007, 07:01 PM
We welcome you to Richmond! We only play one non-conference home game a year so we'll all be looking forward to that one.

catamount man
February 18th, 2007, 09:01 PM
We welcome you to Richmond! We only play one non-conference home game a year so we'll all be looking forward to that one.

Last year's game in Cullowhee was a great one and you guys brought a nice crowd. I am really looking forward to getting to Roy Kidd Stadium this September. You have one heck of a program and winning against you last year was NOT easy.

Looking forward to another competitive game. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Mountaineer#96
February 18th, 2007, 11:30 PM
they might win 2.......... fork sticking in :thumbsup:

walliver
February 19th, 2007, 09:26 AM
09/01 @ Alabama
09/08 @ Eastern Kentucky
09/15 @ Georgia
09/22 Presbyterian
09/29 @ Georgia Southern
10/06 Elon
10/13 @ Chattanooga
10/27 Wofford
11/03 OPEN
11/10 @ Appalachian
11/17 Furman

Everybody is talking about the opening 3 games, but the last three games may be just as tough.:nod: Actually, if El Cid continues to improve, the last four games may be unpleasant.

Death Dealer
February 19th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Everybody is talking about the opening 3 games, but the last three games may be just as tough.:nod: Actually, if El Cid continues to improve, the last four games may be unpleasant.

I don't think they have an easy game all season! By the time they get to the middle of the schedule, they're gonna be so beat up, they aren't gonna be able to count on anything.

AppGuy04
February 19th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry, but I only see 2 wins on that schedule and both of those are questionable

walliver
February 19th, 2007, 01:39 PM
PC is the only game in which they would be favored. I suspect they may pull off one or two conference wins mid-season, but suspect 2-9 and no contract extension for Kent Briggs.

ASU Kep
February 19th, 2007, 03:24 PM

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ASU Kep
February 19th, 2007, 03:26 PM
WCU's perfect no-win season will come down to their game with Presby...if they can manage to pull out the loss, they could really put a scare into Prairie View for the prestigious honor of the worst record in FCS.

Mr. C
February 19th, 2007, 05:09 PM
PC is the only game in which they would be favored. I suspect they may pull off one or two conference wins mid-season, but suspect 2-9 and no contract extension for Kent Briggs.
Briggs was just extended in September and that extension runs at least two more years (2007-08). The story is that one of the more prominent boosters threatened to pull out his money unless Briggs was extended (they are friends and, of course, Briggs is a former star QB for the Catamounts). Even with a 1-10, 2-9 season, Briggs might survive. Unless he decides to resign, I think WCU is kind of stuck with him. I don't see the cash-strapped Catamounts having the money to start buying out contracts.

appfan2008
February 19th, 2007, 05:25 PM
2-9
they beat presby and then pull out a win against any one of the three teams in the middle of the schedule citadel, chatty or elon

Mountaineer#96
February 19th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Funny thing is when you play against Western or even travel to the 'whee you ask yourself, "Why do they not have a good program here?"

WCU has had great athletes over the past few years, with an exception of last year (injuries took a toll on that team). They look almost like a weaker FBS team physically and they usually play hard all 4 quarters. Which is one reason they came back to win in '04 :bawling: against us. I understand that they may roll over in other games, but they never did against us.

I rest the blame on Coach Briggs and the athletic office, of course this is an outsider looking in. There is no reason why Western should not be a contender in the SoCon year in and year out.

citdog
February 19th, 2007, 07:03 PM
2-9
they beat presby and then pull out a win against any one of the three teams in the middle of the schedule citadel, chatty or elon

We have beaten WCU the last three games. I think y'all better be worried about us at Hagood!

Mountaineer#96
February 19th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Citdog we get it by now....... be very afraid of Citadel next year they are on the rise, that pretty much sums up your posts. Oh and that everyone from Furman is half the man of a Citadel guy.

catamount man
February 19th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Briggs was just extended in September and that extension runs at least two more years (2007-08). The story is that one of the more prominent boosters threatened to pull out his money unless Briggs was extended (they are friends and, of course, Briggs is a former star QB for the Catamounts). Even with a 1-10, 2-9 season, Briggs might survive. Unless he decides to resign, I think WCU is kind of stuck with him. I don't see the cash-strapped Catamounts having the money to start buying out contracts.

Extension runs through the 2009 season. We're gonna be fine.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

GeauxLions94
February 20th, 2007, 12:19 AM
if WCU comes out of their 1st five better than 1-4, that'll be impressive!

if that one win comes against Bama and Nick Saban, then I'll be the first one yelling GEAUX CATAMOUNTS! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Eyes of Old Main
February 20th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Citdog we get it by now....... be very afraid of Citadel next year they are on the rise, that pretty much sums up your posts. Oh and that everyone from Furman is half the man of a Citadel guy.

Nice abridgement of months worth of Citdog posts!

The Cats
February 21st, 2007, 11:34 AM
There is no reason why Western should not be a contender in the SoCon year in and year out.

You are right and I as well lay the blame on the (lack of) coaching staff.

BigApp
February 21st, 2007, 03:44 PM
if that one win comes against Bama and Nick Saban, then I'll be the first one yelling GEAUX CATAMOUNTS! :bow: :bow: :bow:

HAH!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

catamount man
February 21st, 2007, 03:58 PM
You are right and I as well lay the blame on the (lack of) coaching staff.

If you were at the Furman game in Greenville last year, surely you wouldn't have blamed Briggs for our losing 4 defensive linemen in the game would you?

By the end of the season, I would've given the MVP nod to Gene Singletary, a recruited TIGHT END who wound up playing TE, DE, and DL before all was said and done. Without injuries, we're 6-5 at the worst in 2006.:twocents:

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

OL FU
February 21st, 2007, 03:58 PM

He tends to leave out this part

Furmans all time record against the Citadel

52-29-3:rotateh:

http://gprime.net/board/images/smilies/punch.gif

Mountaineer#96
February 21st, 2007, 05:31 PM
He tends to leave out this part

Furmans all time record against the Citadel

52-29-3:rotateh:

http://gprime.net/board/images/smilies/punch.gif

I think I would as well.........it is depressing to know a program you loathe has had so much success, right Western? :thumbsup:

The Cats
February 23rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
If you were at the Furman game in Greenville last year, surely you wouldn't have blamed Briggs for our losing 4 defensive linemen in the game would you?

I was at the game and of course I do not blame injuries on Coach Briggs. Injuries are part of the game and its unfortunate we lost 4 DL in that game (but that should not have resuled in 2-9 season). What I do blame him for is a 21-33 record over 5 seasons, a 2002 5th place conference finish, a 2003 6th place finish, a 2004 5th place finish, a 2005 4th place finish and a 2006 8th place finish. As the head coach, he either gets the credit for winning or blame for losing, its all on his sholders.

citdog
February 26th, 2007, 04:43 AM

You left out the part about Secession but all in all not shabby! BTW it's THE Citadel! Furman can go to Hades!:thumbsup: