PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR | Hey Jacksonville State, About that open date...

WestCoastAggie
January 23rd, 2018, 10:11 AM
Aggies vs. Gamecocks Labor Day Weekend 2018

xlolx

JSUSoutherner
January 23rd, 2018, 10:54 AM
To my knowledge we are staying open Labor Day weekend due to the FCS kickoff game.

Here's what our schedule should look like:

8/25- Kickoff Classic vs TBD (Samford?)
9/1- Bye
9/8- vs. TBD OOC
9/15- Bye
9/22- vs. TTU
9/29- vs. APSU
10/6- @ EKU
10/13- vs. EIU
10/20- @ SEMO
10/27- @ Murray
11/3- vs. UTM
11/10- @ TSU
11/17- KSU @ Suntrust

WestCoastAggie
January 23rd, 2018, 11:09 AM
To my knowledge we are staying open Labor Day weekend due to the FCS kickoff game.

Here's what our schedule should look like:

8/25- Kickoff Classic vs TBD (Samford?)
9/1- Bye
9/8- vs. TBD OOC
9/15- Bye
9/22- vs. TTU
9/29- vs. APSU
10/6- @ EKU
10/13- vs. EIU
10/20- @ SEMO
10/27- @ Murray
11/3- vs. UTM
11/10- @ TSU
11/17- KSU @ Suntrust

Hmm... we could be the team in the Kickoff Classic. There are rumors floating on our end that the two schools worked something out.

I hope the game happens!

Professor Chaos
January 23rd, 2018, 11:18 AM
Hmm... we could be the team in the Kickoff Classic. There are rumors floating on our end that the two schools worked something out.

I hope the game happens!
Agreed. That would be a fantastic FCS Kickoff Classic matchup IMO.

Thumper 76
January 23rd, 2018, 11:50 AM

I hope the game happens!

I would like to see this happen. xnodx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewey
January 23rd, 2018, 11:59 AM

I hope the game happens!

This would be a fantastic matchup. I hope it happens.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
January 23rd, 2018, 12:53 PM
In before Jax State ****s the bed.

jsualumnus
January 23rd, 2018, 05:38 PM
In before Jax State ****s the bed.

Hey!!! Take that s**t back!!! We don’t s**t the bed until the second round! Know your facts!!!! :)

BisonFan02
January 23rd, 2018, 07:13 PM
Hey!!! Take that s**t back!!! We don’t s**t the bed until the second round! Know your facts!!!! :)

True....we would get to see how the cream of the MEAC crop would stack up against the cream of the vaunted OVC.

ASU33
January 23rd, 2018, 08:33 PM
This would be nice! xnodx

cx500d
January 23rd, 2018, 08:38 PM
63-10

Derby City Duke
January 23rd, 2018, 09:33 PM
Good opportunity for the AGS poll voters to get a read -- albeit an early one -- on how the MEAC might would stack up against a team that is a regular in the playoffs (how deep they don't go is immaterial :)). How would the committee treat an A&T team that beats JSU but doesn't win the MEAC? Would it matter if JSU somehow lost a conference game and didn't make the playoffs?

cx500d
January 23rd, 2018, 10:47 PM
Good opportunity for the AGS poll voters to get a read -- albeit an early one -- on how the MEAC might would stack up against a team that is a regular in the playoffs (how deep they don't go is immaterial :)). How would the committee treat an A&T team that beats JSU but doesn't win the MEAC? Would it matter if JSU somehow lost a conference game and didn't make the playoffs?

It really depends. You have to start the season somewhere, but its a first game. Some teams get better as the season goes on.

Bison56
January 24th, 2018, 06:45 AM

If JSU loses and then drops a OVC game, the win by A&T wouldn't be as impressive as it first looked due to the fact that the OVC is not very good. Not bashing A&T, its just the way it is.

jsualumnus
January 24th, 2018, 08:40 AM
If JSU loses and then drops a OVC game, the win by A&T wouldn't be as impressive as it first looked due to the fact that the OVC is not very good. Not bashing A&T, its just the way it is.
Or... If JSU beats A&T then A&T s**ts their schedule the rest of the year then we repeat the SoS issue we faced this past year, and there is NO WAY we get a 1st round bye. For that matter, the OVC sucks so bad that JSU would have to blow everybody out in OVC and OOC games and might, might get another bye... not counting on it though. Trust me... we freaking hate the OVC as much as the OVC hates football.

Professor Chaos
January 24th, 2018, 09:00 AM
Or... If JSU beats A&T then A&T s**ts their schedule the rest of the year then we repeat the SoS issue we faced this past year, and there is NO WAY we get a 1st round bye. For that matter, the OVC sucks so bad that JSU would have to blow everybody out in OVC and OOC games and might, might get another bye... not counting on it though. Trust me... we freaking hate the OVC as much as the OVC hates football.
The noise here on AGS may say otherwise, and I'm sure there would be plenty of it if JSU got a bye again next year, but I highly doubt the committee will put enough stock into JSU underperforming based their seed last year (and the year before... and two years before that :)) to knock them out of the seeds if they go 10-1 with an FBS loss again. But the OVC gives them no margin for error so lose an FCS game and all bets are off so, in that case, the JSU players would probably be eating their Thanksgiving turkey after practice.

JSUSoutherner
January 24th, 2018, 10:04 AM
$100 says that this here is the case.

Bison56
January 24th, 2018, 10:10 AM

I agree.

Derby City Duke
January 24th, 2018, 01:00 PM
It really depends. You have to start the season somewhere, but its a first game. Some teams get better as the season goes on.

True; it's only one data point, but it would be a data point most MEAC teams don't have, especially if the game is competitive. On the A&T's Final Poll Ranking thread, most of the arguments - valid IMO - centered around the impact of their poor SOS and how they would fare if they played a 'real' FCS squad in their OOC. Hopefully this game comes to pass; it would certainly give the AGS voters some discussion material as the season unfolds.

xtwocentsx

WestCoastAggie
January 24th, 2018, 02:42 PM
So... Yeah, I really don't know anymore if this is going to happen. ECU may've grown balls and decided not to buy us out.

Stay tuned...

dgtw
January 24th, 2018, 08:01 PM
So... Yeah, I really don't know anymore if this is going to happen. ECU may've grown balls and decided not to buy us out.

Stay tuned...

Was that the issue? Why were they trying to buy you out? Was a P5 offering them a bunch of money or did they just not want to play you?

WestCoastAggie
January 24th, 2018, 09:07 PM
Was that the issue? Why were they trying to buy you out? Was a P5 offering them a bunch of money or did they just not want to play you?

Rumor has it they were looking for a payday.

DEX
January 24th, 2018, 09:56 PM

ECU has seven home games in 2018 which isn't ideal for a team that finished the season at 3-9. They're trying to pick up a payday which probably means they drop us.

dgtw
January 25th, 2018, 03:03 AM
ESPN seems to be having problems getting an opponent for us. I think they’d jump at the chance to get A&T after their undefeated season. I hope it can happen.

jsugamecockfan
January 25th, 2018, 04:48 AM
We may have a finalized schedule about halfway through the season the way it is going right now. I don't know why we cannot fill out a complete schedule in a decent time frame.

AggieManiac704
January 25th, 2018, 12:43 PM
ECU has some construction that won't be done Week 1. Not entirely sure when it'll be done but couple that with the low expectations set for this upcoming season. Alot of the fanbase would rather them take a P5 check then open up at home with an FBS OOC.

Professor
January 25th, 2018, 03:10 PM
I wanna play ECU

OhioHen
January 26th, 2018, 07:09 AM
I wanna play ECU

As a resident of the area, I would attend this game and root for the Aggies.

But ECU won't help your SOS much (especially when AGS folks do their polls).

Derby City Duke
January 26th, 2018, 08:48 AM
As a resident of the area, I would attend this game and root for the Aggies.

But ECU won't help your SOS much (especially when AGS folks do their polls).

I get what you mean, but an FCS win very rarely hurts your SOS, but the win might not stand up to the eye test.

The value of our win over ECU last year peaked at the final gun, if not before, that Saturday; it was rendered impotent by halftime of ECU's 2nd game (trailed WVU 49-3).

The win wasn't really an upset ;JMU was actually favored on some lines.

Just go beat them.

Professor Chaos
January 26th, 2018, 09:47 AM
I get what you mean, but an FCS win very rarely hurts your SOS, but the win might not stand up to the eye test.

The value of our win over ECU last year peaked at the final gun, if not before, that Saturday; it was rendered impotent by halftime of ECU's 2nd game (trailed WVU 49-3).

The win wasn't really an upset ;JMU was actually favored on some lines.

Just go beat them.
It is also especially rewarding as a fan of an FCS program to see your team beat down an FBS program whose fan base, or at least certain vocal members of that fan base, have been outspoken about the fact that this won't even be a contest since they're playing a "D2 school".

While, on its merits, the win itself is just as impressive if not moreso for a premier FCS OOC matchup you just don't get that same gratification as a fan because there's generally more mutual respect between the two fan bases than degradation from the one deemed to be in the "upper level".

Derby City Duke
January 26th, 2018, 02:28 PM
It is also especially rewarding as a fan of an FCS program to see your team beat down an FBS program whose fan base, or at least certain vocal members of that fan base, have been outspoken about the fact that this won't even be a contest since they're playing a "D2 school".

While, on its merits, the win itself is just as impressive if not moreso for a premier FCS OOC matchup you just don't get that same gratification as a fan because there's generally more mutual respect between the two fan bases than degradation from the one deemed to be in the "upper level".

Because I don't visit other schools' boards, I don't see much of the smack talk that goes on. I tend to look at the local paper's coverage of the game (pre- and post-game). We were generally panned pre-game as cannon fodder; post-game, while we got some credit, most of the comments were of the 'how in the world could we lose to that team' or 'we just really suck; it's going to be a long season' type.

I would love to see more true -- to use an old term -- intersectional games played early in the year. The fan bases get pumped, it helps SOS depending on the match-up, and a competitive games should allow the loser to sweat the bubble a little less if they have 4 losses across the season. Why not an FCS 'Champion's Classic' with the champs of 4 conferences playing on a Saturday? Use 2 home sites or a single neutral site. I realize this is much easier for basketball to do in Indy or MSG, but think it could be an interesting adventure.

I also think FCS could get some more play on the 4-letter with these early match-ups. Other than that, 'Week 0' is the only game FCS will get on their 3 major platforms (mother ship, 2, and U) until the weekend prior to Christmas.

Professor Chaos
January 26th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Why not an FCS 'Champion's Classic' with the champs of 4 conferences playing on a Saturday? Use 2 home sites or a single neutral site. I realize this is much easier for basketball to do in Indy or MSG, but think it could be an interesting adventure.

I also think FCS could get some more play on the 4-letter with these early match-ups. Other than that, 'Week 0' is the only game FCS will get on their 3 major platforms (mother ship, 2, and U) until the weekend prior to Christmas.
This is an interesting concept. In 2019 NDSU plays Butler at Target Field (home field of the Minnesota Twins). No one really knows but it's possible we draw 40k to that game since the twin cities are a huge alumni base for NDSU. That might open some eyes around the country. I don't necessarily think it needs to be conference champs from the previous year but maybe just 4 of the larger FCS fan bases scheduling a "champions series" or something like that.

Stay with me here; say NDSU, JMU, Montana, and Jacksonville St all get together to plan out a 4 year neutral site series. It can rotate to larger metros around the nation that are close to each and a big recruiting hotbed for each. For instance in 2020 it can be in Minneapolis (NDSU), in 2021 it can be in DC (JMU), in 2022 it can be in Seattle (Montana), and in 2023 it can be in Atlanta (JSU). They play one game on Friday and the other on Saturday of the same weekend where each of the 4 teams rotate opponents (each team would have to play one of the others twice in that 4 year stretch).

People may roll their eyes at an idea like that and, in my estimation, the hardest thing to do would be to get appropriate venues in each city to sign on to it and you'd need a TV partner but I really feel like that could be a big money maker for all 4 schools. It's something that would be scheduled far in advance in a place that's easy to travel to even if it's not your team's "home area" so I could see any and all of those schools bringing a large contingent of fans. You'd sell tickets to each game separately but could maybe sell a package deal so fans of each school could get tickets to the game that doesn't involve their team at a discount. I think you could potentially see a lot of fans of those schools making a weekend out of it and even going to the game that their team isn't in. At the very least we'd tailgate before the game our teams weren't in. :)

Anyway, that got the wheels in my head spinning... the hamster may have fallen off the wheel though. xlolx

Derby City Duke
January 26th, 2018, 10:32 PM
Stay with me here; say NDSU, JMU, Montana, and Jacksonville St all get together to plan out a 4 year neutral site series. It can rotate to larger metros around the nation that are close to each and a big recruiting hotbed for each. For instance in 2020 it can be in Minneapolis (NDSU), in 2021 it can be in DC (JMU), in 2022 it can be in Seattle (Montana), and in 2023 it can be in Atlanta (JSU). They play one game on Friday and the other on Saturday of the same weekend where each of the 4 teams rotate opponents (each team would have to play one of the others twice in that 4 year stretch).

It's something that would be scheduled far in advance in a place that's easy to travel to even if it's not your team's "home area" so I could see any and all of those schools bringing a large contingent of fans. You'd sell tickets to each game separately but could maybe sell a package deal so fans of each school could get tickets to the game that doesn't involve their team at a discount. I think you could potentially see a lot of fans of those schools making a weekend out of it and even going to the game that their team isn't in. At the very least we'd tailgate before the game our teams weren't in. :)

Anyway, that got the wheels in my head spinning... the hamster may have fallen off the wheel though. xlolx

My hamster's eyes glazed over and it just laid down...

Lots of merit to your idea...obvious you put more thought into yours than I did mine. I like the series concept with the a group of teams -- maybe put a 5th team and 4 play each year; this would eliminate the playing one team twice aspect. I think our fan base would eat it up. All the destinations are easy travel-wise, though Seattle is probably the least 'home-friendly' for Montana. We would really travel well to Atlanta and DC and think we'd have a respectable showing in Minneapolis. We visited Seattle this past summer (Amtrak'd across MN, ND, MT, and OR on the way) and would love another excuse to get back there!

Milktruck74
January 27th, 2018, 11:53 AM
I've been pretty vocal about my thoughts on A&T, and the quality of FB played in the HBCU conferences.....but if this happens, I will throw out MAJOR KUDOS to A&T for toeing the line. This really steps up their competition level....now just Smack the crap out of the Cocks....and gain the respect you want!!!!! Claim it if it is yours!!!!

JSUSoutherner
January 27th, 2018, 12:44 PM
I've been pretty vocal about my thoughts on A&T, and the quality of FB played in the HBCU conferences.....but if this happens, I will throw out MAJOR KUDOS to A&T for toeing the line. This really steps up their competition level....now just Smack the crap out of the Cocks....and gain the respect you want!!!!! Claim it if it is yours!!!!

You going to be an A&T fan for a day? :D

Professor Chaos
January 27th, 2018, 01:00 PM
My hamster's eyes glazed over and it just laid down...

Lots of merit to your idea...obvious you put more thought into yours than I did mine. I like the series concept with the a group of teams -- maybe put a 5th team and 4 play each year; this would eliminate the playing one team twice aspect. I think our fan base would eat it up. All the destinations are easy travel-wise, though Seattle is probably the least 'home-friendly' for Montana. We would really travel well to Atlanta and DC and think we'd have a respectable showing in Minneapolis. We visited Seattle this past summer (Amtrak'd across MN, ND, MT, and OR on the way) and would love another excuse to get back there!
Yeah, I think some of the larger FCS fan bases would surprise themselves at their own showing even if it's somewhere not in their normal travel pattern. Having it scheduled so far ahead of time would allow people to plan vacations/etc around it. It's one of those things that would either take off like crazy or die... no in between. But it could be one of those things where the fans that go the first year spread the word about the great time they had to the rest of the fan base and it would be like the Frisco phenomenon at NDSU where fans who didn't even consider it the first year are going the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years.

jsualumnus
January 27th, 2018, 10:12 PM

Do the job utc can't? Had to...(all in good fun). I would also respect A&T for playing more competitively...

Milktruck74
January 28th, 2018, 08:31 AM
You going to be an A&T fan for a day? :D

Hmmmmm. Can both teams lose??? Ha.

Milktruck74
January 28th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Do the job utc can't? Had to...(all in good fun). I would also respect A&T for playing more competitively...

Fair enough....but CHATTANOOGA STILL OWNS THE SERIES and we have to give you something, you do have to live in Calhoun County after all. And, I seriously doubt A&T can compete with JSU (even on what could be a JSU down season)...but they might. Maybe we are all wrong about them.

JSUSoutherner
January 28th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Fair enough....but CHATTANOOGA STILL OWNS THE SERIES and we have to give you something, you do have to live in Calhoun County after all. And, I seriously doubt A&T can compete with JSU (even on what could be a JSU down season)...but they might. Maybe we are all wrong about them.
“We may be 0 for our last 5 but at least we won a bunch of games no one remembers.” ;)

Hurry up and get good again. I expect a good game for our next matchup.

DEX
January 28th, 2018, 02:26 PM
I'd love to see us go against a top 20 fcs team in the early season. The last time that happened was 2014 when we lost to #5 Coastal Carolina in a nail biter 30-31. I have no doubt we'd fare well as opposed to playoffs where there's little chance we're going to show well after playing a weak MEAC schedule.

Milktruck74
January 28th, 2018, 03:07 PM
I'd love to see us go against a top 20 fcs team in the early season. The last time that happened was 2014 when we lost to #5 Coastal Carolina in a nail biter 30-31. I have no doubt we'd fare well as opposed to playoffs where there's little chance we're going to show well after playing a weak MEAC schedule.

Why? Jax State always manages to win a few playoff games after they play a similar conference schedule.

JSUSoutherner
January 28th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Why? Jax State always manages to win a few playoff games after they play a similar conference schedule.
Ummm. Which Jax State have you been following?

Milktruck74
January 29th, 2018, 04:00 AM
Ummm. Which Jax State have you been following?

Haha...I guess that given this thread, that might be a bit confusing....I don't consider the other one FBS....are they? I know they have never won a playoff game. Have they even been in one (not to my knowledge)..... OVC is like the MEAC without the Bands...except JSU....y'all have a band....maybe y'all should join the MEAC, similar competition and you would get to play in the Celebration Bowl!!!! hahaha.

OhioHen
January 29th, 2018, 08:52 AM
This is an interesting concept. In 2019 NDSU plays Butler at Target Field (home field of the Minnesota Twins). No one really knows but it's possible we draw 40k to that game since the twin cities are a huge alumni base for NDSU. That might open some eyes around the country. I don't necessarily think it needs to be conference champs from the previous year but maybe just 4 of the larger FCS fan bases scheduling a "champions series" or something like that.

People may roll their eyes at an idea like that and, in my estimation, the hardest thing to do would be to get appropriate venues in each city to sign on to it and you'd need a TV partner but I really feel like that could be a big money maker for all 4 schools. It's something that would be scheduled far in advance in a place that's easy to travel to even if it's not your team's "home area" so I could see any and all of those schools bringing a large contingent of fans. You'd sell tickets to each game separately but could maybe sell a package deal so fans of each school could get tickets to the game that doesn't involve their team at a discount. I think you could potentially see a lot of fans of those schools making a weekend out of it and even going to the game that their team isn't in. At the very least we'd tailgate before the game our teams weren't in. :)

The DC and Atlanta options would both be easy trips for me. Now if the DC year also had a UD home game on Thursday...

JSUSoutherner
January 29th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Haha...I guess that given this thread, that might be a bit confusing....I don't consider the other one FBS....are they? I know they have never won a playoff game. Have they even been in one (not to my knowledge)..... OVC is like the MEAC without the Bands...except JSU....y'all have a band....maybe y'all should join the MEAC, similar competition and you would get to play in the Celebration Bowl!!!! hahaha.
I was referring to the part where we supposedly win playoff games.

JSUSoutherner
February 1st, 2018, 06:30 PM
Some validity to the rumor.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180201183248597940404

WestCoastAggie
February 1st, 2018, 07:52 PM
Some validity to the rumor.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180201183248597940404

Yep. I hope this game is played in the ATL, if it happens.

WestCoastAggie
February 1st, 2018, 07:53 PM

This would be the perfect game to open the Washington Era with, especially with most of the team and Coaching staff returning.

JSUSoutherner
February 1st, 2018, 08:00 PM
It will be in Montgomery for the FCS Kickoff game.

jsugamecockfan
February 1st, 2018, 10:13 PM

This is already scheduled for the Crampton Bowl in Montgomery Alabama. Unfortunately

WestCoastAggie
February 2nd, 2018, 08:54 AM
This is already scheduled for the Crampton Bowl in Montgomery Alabama. Unfortunately

Oh well. It’s an ESPN production, right? If so, they are just into it for the eyeballs.

I will try to make this game if it happens.

And honestly, y’all will have one thought OOC schedule with this game and Kennesaw State in SunTrust park to end the season. If you all win these games and win the OVC again, you all will be in the running for the top seed in the playoffs.

Bisonator
February 2nd, 2018, 09:22 AM
It will be in Montgomery for the FCS Kickoff game.
Is that still a thing?

JSUSoutherner
February 2nd, 2018, 10:18 AM
Is that still a thing?
Yeah.

We are contracted this year through ESPN to have it again this year.

dgtw
February 2nd, 2018, 10:46 AM
Is that still a thing?

Sadly, yes. There is one more year scheduled but I don’t think we have to play in it in 2019.

IBleedYellow
February 2nd, 2018, 11:01 AM

Two tailgates in a weekend?

See you there!

Professor Chaos
February 2nd, 2018, 12:01 PM
Two tailgates in a weekend?

See you there!
Exactly!

I've heard plenty of Bison fans talk about how much fun it was down in Frisco this year to interact with another fan base that travels well. Well, why should we have to wait until Frisco and hope we face someone like JMU or Montana? And why not do it in September when the weather is nice even in MSP?

Cocky1
February 2nd, 2018, 09:18 PM
Aggies vs. Gamecocks Labor Day Weekend 2018

xlolx

We want Troy!

grizband
February 3rd, 2018, 01:32 AM
Exactly!

I've heard plenty of Bison fans talk about how much fun it was down in Frisco this year to interact with another fan base that travels well. Well, why should we have to wait until Frisco and hope we face someone like JMU or Montana? And why not do it in September when the weather is nice even in MSP?
I seem to remember a certain recent game in Missoula that fits this exact description.

UNHWildcat18
February 3rd, 2018, 08:51 AM
Really wish they wouldn't do it at the same place two years in a row.

JSUSoutherner
February 3rd, 2018, 09:33 AM
Really wish they wouldn't do it at the same place two years in a row.
Really wish they wouldn’t do it in Montgomery.

dgtw
February 3rd, 2018, 09:53 AM

I don’t mind it being in Montgomery. I just wish we didn’t have to play a game I have to drive three hours as opposed to walking ten minutes to watch.

ASU33
February 3rd, 2018, 10:57 AM

Seems to me that there would be a better atmosphere if it were on campus.

JSUSoutherner
February 3rd, 2018, 11:04 AM
Seems to me that there would be a better atmosphere if it were on campus.
It would be better attended. Better atmosphere. Easier on the fans. And not to mention BSF is the freaking Tajmahal compared to the Crapton Bowl.

Cocky
February 3rd, 2018, 12:09 PM
Plus Jacksonville would have been closer for UTC or NCAT. Chattanooga would have been closer for JSU than Montgomery. Going to Montgomery or Chattanooga have about the same amount of entertainment value. Not familiar with the NCAT campus or area (be honest I dont know where its located).

The Benz setup for soccer would be a great venue. Also would be a great venue for the Championship game.

ASU33
February 3rd, 2018, 01:57 PM
Plus Jacksonville would have been closer for UTC or NCAT. Chattanooga would have been closer for JSU than Montgomery. Going to Montgomery or Chattanooga have about the same amount of entertainment value. Not familiar with the NCAT campus or area (be honest I dont know where its located).

The Benz setup for soccer would be a great venue. Also would be a great venue for the Championship game.

A&T is in Greensboro. They have huge alumni bases in Charlotte and Atlanta and a pretty nice sized one in Huntsville. A&T usually travels VERY well.

WestCoastAggie
February 4th, 2018, 09:20 AM
A&T is in Greensboro. They have huge alumni bases in Charlotte and Atlanta and a pretty nice sized one in Huntsville. A&T usually travels VERY well.

We also have an Alumni convention in Atlanta this June. We will get the word to alumni and attendance will be up for the game. However, ESPN should’ve booked GA State’s stadium for this game. Or Tech’s barn downtown.

JSUSoutherner
February 4th, 2018, 09:59 AM
We also have an Alumni convention in Atlanta this June. We will get the word to alumni and attendance will be up for the game. However, ESPN should’ve booked GA State’s stadium for this game. Or Tech’s barn downtown.

Or they could just have it at our place.

The reason they don’t is because the city of Montgomery is in on the contract and they’re using to market the city.

ASU33
February 4th, 2018, 10:05 AM
My whole thing with it is that we're a whole 0.9 mile away from Cramton Bowl and we didn't get not the first call about playing in the game or a proposal to host the game. Same is true with the Camellia Bowl. The city of Montgomery has turned into a real pain in our arse since we've decided to move our games back on campus.

JSUSoutherner
February 4th, 2018, 10:13 AM
My whole thing with it is that we're a whole 0.9 mile away from Cramton Bowl and we didn't get not the first call about playing in the game or a proposal to host the game. Same is true with the Camellia Bowl. The city of Montgomery has turned into a real pain in our arse since we've decided to move our games back on campus.
They’re salty you’re better than them.

and to be fair, you guys haven’t been very good at football that past couple years.

ASU33
February 4th, 2018, 10:36 AM
They’re salty you’re better than them.

and to be fair, you guys haven’t been very good at football that past couple years.

We haven't been and sadly I don't see it getting any better. We made a bone headed coaching hire this off season which was a sympathy hire instead of going to get Will Hall who wanted the job. The good thing only bright spot is that the current coach only has a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option.

JSUSoutherner
February 4th, 2018, 10:39 AM
We haven't been and sadly I don't see it getting any better. We made a bone headed coaching hire this off season which was a sympathy hire instead of going to get Will Hall who wanted the job. The good thing only bright spot is that the current coach only has a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option.
Will Hall would have been a huge get. No idea what they were thinking in not bringing him on board.

He’s at the top of a lot of JSU fans’ short lists in the event that Grass leaves.

ASU33
February 4th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Will Hall would have been a huge get. No idea what they were thinking in not bringing him on board.

He’s at the top of a lot of JSU fans’ short lists in the event that Grass leaves.

Hill-Ely won 4 out of the final 6 games and the powers felt like that was good enough not to consider anyone else.:(

JSUSoutherner
February 4th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Hill-Ely won 4 out of the final 6 games and the powers felt like that was good enough not to consider anyone else.:(

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180204/5d01e6393da221e4c2bb9efd69cc7be8.jpg

ASU33
February 4th, 2018, 10:47 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180204/5d01e6393da221e4c2bb9efd69cc7be8.jpg

BINGO!

Cocky
February 4th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Plus ASUs stadium is hugely better than the Crampton Bowl. Could be the nicest stadium in FCS.

WestCoastAggie
February 4th, 2018, 10:55 AM
Or they could just have it at our place.

The reason they don’t is because the city of Montgomery is in on the contract and they’re using to market the city.

You can say that again. It's just a 2 hour drive from my house to your stadium. That would make it plenty easier for Aggies to fly into ATL or drive to the game from Charlotte.

ASU33
February 4th, 2018, 11:05 AM
You can say that again. It's just a 2 hour drive from my house to your stadium. That would make it plenty easier for Aggies to fly into ATL or drive to the game from Charlotte.

It definitely would've been easier drive for me.

dgtw
February 4th, 2018, 09:38 PM
It definitely would've been easier drive for me.

I can walk there, so it really would have been easier for me.

Professor
February 5th, 2018, 08:58 AM
Does anyone know when the decision will be made

JSUSoutherner
February 5th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Does anyone know when the decision will be made
At this rate, the day beforehand.

dgtw
February 5th, 2018, 04:35 PM
We still have an open date to fill after this gets signed. If you aren’t busy any of the first three Saturdays in September, give our AD a call.

JSUSoutherner
February 14th, 2018, 12:26 PM
So ECU released their schedule with NCAT set for 9/1.

WestCoastAggie
February 14th, 2018, 07:20 PM
So ECU released their schedule with NCAT set for 9/1.

And we're still negotiating with ESPN for the 8/25 date. A&T is likely to have a really tough OOC schedule.

dgtw
February 14th, 2018, 07:47 PM
And we're still negotiating with ESPN for the 8/25 date. A&T is likely to have a really tough OOC schedule.

So you are looking to play us and ECU back-to-back? I thought you were trying to get us because they were going to drop you.

WestCoastAggie
February 15th, 2018, 04:01 PM
So you are looking to play us and ECU back-to-back? I thought you were trying to get us because they were going to drop you.

That was the original rumor. However, this isn't the case. With the game happening during "Week 0," playing Jax State followed by ECU Labor Day Weekend would be a tough way to start the season.

Now this isn't the first time A&T did something like this. Recently, We had a Tulsa game scheduled when Kent State came knocking last minute for a game. The only difference between then and this year would be our third OOC game. In 2016, we played a D-2 game. This year, we have Gardner-Webb looking for revenge.

Professor
February 16th, 2018, 10:20 AM

Gotta make this money. I think JSU will be a tougher game than ECU lol