PDA

View Full Version : CAA Offseason News & Notes

Pages : [1] 2

Gangtackle11
December 14th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Need to start the thread with 11 CAA teams home watching.

Gangtackle11
December 14th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Villanova CB Malik Reeves will play in the East-West Shrine game.

Villanova LB Ed Shockley will play in the NFLPA All-Star game.

Good luck men!!

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Several Delaware fans have laid claim to KC's current team down in Texas GT..... that's how empty it's been in the Henhouse for the past 7 years now

The big discussion point with Hen fans is will Rocco get a QB and some actual skill at skill positions like WR.... It's been ugly ugly ugly

Charles Bell, All CAA First team LB in 2016, but suffered serious injury in JMU game, is reported to be cleared to play next year, not sure I want to see him though after the injury, but that's his decesion...

Defense should still be pretty good, but we have to replace Bilal Nichols (first team CAA) and DE Blaine Woodson, but other than that pretty much everyone coming back including the "Royal Family"... Colby voted top Freshman in CAA for Defense

Tribe4SF
December 14th, 2017, 10:35 AM
QB development remains the top priority for W&M. Need to replace two good OLs, but youngsters got plenty of experience with all the injuries there during last season. Solid everywhere else on offense and will have Devonte Dedmon back from injury suffered in first game. Defense returns plenty from a crew that was pretty good for most of 2017. Strong redshirt group will be stepping up. Best bets to contribute as redshirt freshmen...

WR Amonyae Watson 6'1" 190
OT Griffin Gilder 6'4" 290
OG Cory Ryder 6'5" 298
DL Carl Fowler 6'4" 260
LB Jarrett Heckert 6'3" 220
CB Nygil Dalton 5'11" 185
S Gage Herdman 6'3" 215

Gangtackle11
December 14th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Villanova has a verbal commitment from Quadry Ishmail.

The next generation of the Missle.

caa51
December 14th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Articles written about Maine RB Josh Mack transferring. Any Maine people have the inside story on this?

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 14th, 2017, 11:11 AM
So the same week Josh Mack makes first team All-American FCS comes the news he wants to transfer to a FBS school but doesn't sound like he knows where he is going. All types of reasons or rumors if you will as to why but nothing you can hang your hat on. The school has not a granted a release yet, guessing it is a just a formality at this point.

UMaine’s Mack named AP first team All-American

University of Maine sophomore running back Josh Mack has been named a first team Associated Press Football Championship Subdivision All-American.

Mack, a finalist for the STATS Walter Payton Award that goes to the FCS Offensive Player of the Year, is the 46th Black Bear to earn All-American honors since 1947 but one of just a handful of first team choices.

Mack, who is planning to transfer to a Football Bowl Subdivision program, was the leading rusher during the FCS regular season with 1,335 yards on 243 carries. His 133.5 yards per game average also led the country and his 161.5 all-purpose yards were third most.

His 1,335 yards were the fourth most in the history of the UMaine football program.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/12/12/s ... -american/ (http://bangordailynews.com/2017/12/12/sports/umaines-mack-named-ap-first-team-all-american/)

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2017, 01:02 PM
I'm not liking the trend of FCS players transfering up....

ccd494
December 14th, 2017, 01:18 PM
I'm not liking the trend of FCS players transfering up....

Can't really begrudge them. Yes, we've all put players in the NFL, and yes, the NFL will find you if you are good enough. But at the end of the day, there are more alums from your average power 5 school in the NFL right now than there have been from most CAA schools in their histories.

Even setting that aside, if you aren't happy at your school, move along. The coaches who are actually getting paid can, the students who don't play sports can, so I'm not gonna get mad at a guy who wants to go elsewhere for whatever reason. Wish him the best and move on.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Can't really begrudge them. Yes, we've all put players in the NFL, and yes, the NFL will find you if you are good enough. But at the end of the day, there are more alums from your average power 5 school in the NFL right now than there have been from most CAA schools in their histories.

Even setting that aside, if you aren't happy at your school, move along. The coaches who are actually getting paid can, the students who don't play sports can, so I'm not gonna get mad at a guy who wants to go elsewhere for whatever reason. Wish him the best and move on.

right, but I'm just a fan that want's to see good football, not blaming the player at all

ccd494
December 14th, 2017, 02:08 PM
right, but I'm just a fan that want's to see good football, not blaming the player at all

Yes, that does suck. It's a left brain/right brain thing with me. I love college sports and want my team to have a fighting chance, but I also know the athletes are getting screwed and any equitable system will be detrimental to Maine in all sports.

DirtyDukes
December 14th, 2017, 03:23 PM
I'm hoping I won't check back in this thread until January...

Gangtackle11
December 14th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Nova held him to 22 yards on 18 carries. I was hoping he’d stick around. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
December 14th, 2017, 05:20 PM
....MACK HAD 173YDS/23CARRIES 0 TD'S...........WE WON 31-17....IN PORTLAND...WE DON'T PLAY MAINE NEXT YEAR.......STAY/GO...MAKES NO DIFF.......AWK!!

jmufan999
December 15th, 2017, 09:04 AM
i posted this in another thread, but wait until you see the QB competition next year: it's either Cole Johnson (6'5", good athlete with a really nice arm), who the staff just LOVES, or Gage Moloney, Mr. Football in South Carolina. note that it's not Mr. Football in Rhode Island, it's an actual football state. past winners include Jadeveon Clowney, Stephon Gilmore, and Marcus Lattimore. we're loaded at QB regardless of who wins that competition.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Pitt-Post Gazette 12/14

"The landing spot for DiNucci could be somewhere in the Colonial Athletic Association such as Towson or reigning FCS champion James Madison, per a source."

"MacVittie, ranked by 247Sports as the No. 8 pro-style high school quarterback in the nation , will leave after two seasons without throwing a pass. He played on punt teams in three games this season, but he did not record a tackle. One thing to keep in mind with MacVittie is that he’s still very “raw” at quarterback, having played the position for only one year in high school."

Swpied this of gohens.net

Derby City Duke
December 19th, 2017, 12:43 AM
Looks like Cardon Johnson and JMU will apply for a medical redshirt; apparently more successful surgery with longer recovery period gives him a better prognosis. I hope so, but think he's taking an awfully big chance here. I would really rather he be able to walk normally in 30 years than rush for 800 yards next fall.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 19th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Yes, that does suck. It's a left brain/right brain thing with me. I love college sports and want my team to have a fighting chance, but I also know the athletes are getting screwed and any equitable system will be detrimental to Maine in all sports.

https://bangordailynews.com/2017/12/19/sports/umaine-lineman-named-all-american-mack-to-transfer/

jmu007
December 19th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Looks like JMU may have also just picked up Pitt's QB. 2 years of eligibility left.

KPSUL
December 19th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Looks like JMU may have also just picked up Pitt's QB. 2 years of eligibility left.

Well that should make "Mr. South Carolina Football" real happy! Maybe he can transfer to URI and become more successful as "Mr. RI football".

CvilleDuke
December 19th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Well that should make "Mr. South Carolina Football" real happy! Maybe he can transfer to URI and become more successful as "Mr. RI football".

Quality post, I lol'd. Love the competition at qb, I think Mr. RI can step it up. I'm so excited for January and next year!

jmufan999
December 20th, 2017, 07:12 AM

haha. yeah i'm now wondering if maybe the staff is not as enamored with Cole Johnson as they once were (last time i heard them speak highly of him was last year). or maybe this transfer is so good they just couldn't pass him up? i have no clue.

KPSUL
December 20th, 2017, 04:49 PM
haha. yeah i'm now wondering if maybe the staff is not as enamored with Cole Johnson as they once were (last time i heard them speak highly of him was last year). or maybe this transfer is so good they just couldn't pass him up? i have no clue.

Johnson didn't look to good when he came in to play the last quarter vs SDSU. However, that is very common. UNH's 2nd QB, Lupoli, looked completely lost when he played the last few series versus your guys this season. However, when he played more than 1/2 the game @ Central Arkansas he did a pretty respectable job.

Is Cole Johnson the guy you also call "Baby Giraffe", or something like that?

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2017, 05:12 PM
https://herosports.com/fcs/hero-sports-2017-fcs-freshman-all-america-teams-ajaj

Colby Reeder named First Team All American Freshman LB - no mention of the family dog GT...

Gangtackle11
December 20th, 2017, 05:31 PM
https://herosports.com/fcs/hero-sports-2017-fcs-freshman-all-america-teams-ajaj

Colby Reeder named First Team All American Freshman LB - no mention of the family dog GT...

Dog definitely slighted. Had a nice season.

Colby looks like a stud in the making, but he will always get the benefit of the doubt being part of the royal family of Delaware. Reeder this, Reeder that, Reeder, Reeder, Reeder.....lol.

His full time stats (49 tkls - 2ints) were comparable to our 2 young LBs that split time. Drew Wiley - 50 tkls. - 2 sacks or Keeling Hunter 51 tkls.- 4ints. That’s 101 Tackles from 1 LB spot, but no one knows their names. No one is hyping their production & they together equalled “Harry” Reeder’s statistically in 1/2 the time played. Ironically Wiley is a day younger than Colby too although a RS Sophomore.

Delaware hype is hard for me to buy into since they looked pretty bad against a dead as doornail
Nova team. I didn’t see either Prince William or Harry do much @ Villanova. That’s 2 years for me with William btw.

Last year Villanova exposed Troy with making him cover our backs. He didn’t have a good day in a 42-10 blitzkrieg. He’s had 8 total tackles in 2 games. Troy played at Penn State. I read how great they are. They seem to play well against other teams. I just haven’t seen it.

On an unrelated note: Ive yet to see the stud SDSU QB to play well either. They say he’s at the top of the list of MVFC QBs.
Happy Holidays! xpeacex

jmu007
December 20th, 2017, 05:35 PM
Johnson didn't look to good when he came in to play the last quarter vs SDSU. However, that is very common. UNH's 2nd QB, Lupoli, looked completely lost when he played the last few series versus your guys this season. However, when he played more than 1/2 the game @ Central Arkansas he did a pretty respectable job.

haha, yes that's him.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Dog definitely slighted. Had a nice season.

Colby looks like a stud, but he will always get the benefit of the doubt being part of the royal family of Delaware.

I didnt see either Prince William or Harry do much @ Villanova. Happy Holidays! xpeacex

They should do a documentary on this, I don't think anyone has asked Rocco how this could of happened yet again

Gangtackle11
December 20th, 2017, 05:58 PM
They should do a documentary on this, I don't think anyone has asked Rocco how this could of happened yet again

The Reeder era is far from over, but it’s Nova 70 Delaware 17 in the 1st 2 games. Keep on naming them all-Americans. Nova will take the wins. xtroublexxpeacex

All kidding aside. They seem to be nice young gents. That counts for something.

Gangtackle11
December 20th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Pitt-Post Gazette 12/14

"The landing spot for DiNucci could be somewhere in the Colonial Athletic Association such as Towson or reigning FCS champion James Madison, per a source."

"MacVittie, ranked by 247Sports as the No. 8 pro-style high school quarterback in the nation , will leave after two seasons without throwing a pass. He played on punt teams in three games this season, but he did not record a tackle. One thing to keep in mind with MacVittie is that he’s still very “raw” at quarterback, having played the position for only one year in high school."

Swpied this of gohens.net

MacVittie is headed to Delaware. Correct?

Gangtackle11
December 20th, 2017, 06:09 PM

That would be documentary #72 on the Reeder family. Correct?

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2017, 10:56 PM
MacVittie is headed to Delaware. Correct?

I had not heard that he was, but I havent heard anything really... tell me we got a chance

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2017, 11:01 PM
That would be documentary #72 on the Reeder family. Correct?

#72? I'm not tracking you GT, I can see you are not a fan of the monarchy, didn't mean to strike a nerve.... haha

The documentary I was alluding to would of been how a 7-3 with losses to Virginia Tech and James Madison (and a fluke loss to Towson) team with everything to gain could come into Villanova flat as a piece of plywood and roll over like they did.....

Gangtackle11
December 21st, 2017, 06:32 AM
I had not heard that he was, but I havent heard anything really... tell me we got a chance

Villanova Magic 8 ball says “Most definitely”.

Gangtackle11
December 21st, 2017, 06:35 AM
#72? I'm not tracking you GT, I can see you are not a fan of the monarchy, didn't mean to strike a nerve.... haha

The documentary I was alluding to would of been how a 7-3 with losses to Virginia Tech and James Madison (and a fluke loss to Towson) team with everything to gain could come into Villanova flat as a piece of plywood and roll over like they did.....

Its very simple really Carib.....our 72 fans are very very intimidating as they discuss their stock portfolios during our home games. Only place wear 80% of our fans wore blue for a “white out” game. Smh.

You would think that the highly regarded V Business school would have a marketing genius or 2 that could turn this around.

PS: Love the Blue Hen royal family!!! Waiting for their Xmas special video. Should be here any day now. No? xpeacex

jmufan999
December 21st, 2017, 07:40 AM

just found out that this kid is going to be a walk-on for us, so we won't even have to use a scholarship for him. i'm assuming the deal was something like, "win the job and you'll get a scholarship". or maybe even if he's just on the two-deep.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2017, 07:56 AM
Villanova Magic 8 ball says “Most definitely”.

Very interesting GT!

might have to check out his HS video now

PurpleStreamers
December 21st, 2017, 08:40 AM
Offseason note that came out of Houston's new contract being released this week - JMU is building a "modest, temporary" indoor practice facility this summer for next year and after the new hoops arena is finished in 2020 will convert the old Convocation Center into a full indoor practice facility for 2022.

Gangtackle11
December 22nd, 2017, 09:29 AM
Very interesting GT!

might have to check out his HS video now

Hearing other suitors in on him now. Eight ball has gone fuzzy for now. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2017, 11:21 AM
Hearing other suitors in on him now. Eight ball has gone fuzzy for now. xpeacex

Let me guess. Ohio based MAC teams?

Gangtackle11
December 23rd, 2017, 03:35 PM
Let me guess. Ohio based MAC teams?

Possibly Ivy.....Dad played at Penn.

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2017, 04:06 PM
http://caasports.com/news/2017/12/21/football-national-early-signing-day.aspx

Qadir Ismail
Quarterback
6-7 / 205
Bel Air, Md. / John Carroll School

sounds kind of short for a basketball school....haha

Gangtackle11
December 23rd, 2017, 06:09 PM
http://caasports.com/news/2017/12/21/football-national-early-signing-day.aspx

Qadir Ismail
Quarterback
6-7 / 205
Bel Air, Md. / John Carroll School

sounds kind of short for a basketball school....haha

Son of the Missile. Forming our own royal family!

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2017, 06:38 PM
One of our signees,Johnny Buchanan is from Brick New Jersey can't be all bad

Gangtackle11
December 23rd, 2017, 08:55 PM
Our hot shot frosh QB Kyle McCloskey announced on twitter that he’s headed to Penn State to play hoops. Good luck kid. xpeacex

whoanellie
December 26th, 2017, 09:04 PM
not sure if this is breaking news but it seems there are NO Head coaching changes in the CAA for 2018 season,

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 27th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Maine after losing the #1 RB in FCS just lost it's OC Liam Coen to Holy Cross. Not sure of the impact, guess it will depend on who we find to replace them.xrolleyesx

UNHWildcat18
December 27th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Maine after losing the #1 RB in FCS just lost it's OC Liam Coen to Holy Cross. Not sure of the impact, guess it will depend on we find to replace them.xrolleyesx

Really?? That sucks he’s a good OC IMO. Wonder if the money was that much better.
Holy Cross is going to take over the PL

jmu007
December 27th, 2017, 10:31 AM
JMU continues to reload for 2018.

Just picked up DT from UVA. 2 years of eligibility left.

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/source-jmu-adding-uva-transfer

NDSUtk
December 27th, 2017, 03:08 PM
just found out that this kid is going to be a walk-on for us, so we won't even have to use a scholarship for him. i'm assuming the deal was something like, "win the job and you'll get a scholarship". or maybe even if he's just on the two-deep.Any more info on this? Seems odd to leave a scholarship behind and go down a tier for a PWO.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jmu007
December 27th, 2017, 03:39 PM
My guess we hear more after Spring semester starts. School/coaches won't comment unless he's enrolled.

Nor Eastern
December 28th, 2017, 06:33 AM
Any news about JMU's DC Trott looking toward App State's DC opening?

jmufan999
December 28th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Any news about JMU's DC Trott looking toward App State's DC opening?

where did you hear that? i haven't heard anything like that.

Nor Eastern
December 28th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Nothing substantial. In essence he runs the same style defense, he has prior experience in the Belt, and he's from North Carolina. I just figured he'd definitely be a target.

jmufan999
December 28th, 2017, 08:26 AM
Nothing substantial. In essence he runs the same style offense, he has prior experience in the Belt, and he's from North Carolina. I just figured he'd definitely be a target.

gotcha. certainly would make sense for him to be a target of theirs.

DirtyDukes
December 28th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Nothing substantial. In essence he runs the same style defense, he has prior experience in the Belt, and he's from North Carolina. I just figured he'd definitely be a target.
Coach Houston always talks about how difficult it was to get Trott to leave Richmond - mainly because of Trott's wife. Apparently she's super happy in Valley. Does it mean they won't take more money? Certainly not, but I doubt they leave so quickly.

Nor Eastern
December 28th, 2017, 10:40 AM
It would be almost $100,000 dollar raise from what he currently makes. That kind of money talks when you're in your 50's.

jmufan999
December 28th, 2017, 10:54 AM
It would be almost $100,000 dollar raise from what he currently makes. That kind of money talks when you're in your 50's.

he's 63. i wouldn't count on him going anywhere, unless it's eventually moving with Houston.

Nor Eastern
December 28th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Perhaps. I bet he gets an interview at least. Same with Wofford's DC.

ccd494
December 28th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Maine promoted Brian Picucci from OL coach to OC. Prior experience as OC at UMass from 2004-2011. Was actually Liam Coen's OC, so verbiage and all that stuff should stay the same.

caribbeanhen
December 28th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Maine promoted Brian Picucci from OL coach to OC. Prior experience as OC at UMass from 2004-2011. Was actually Liam Coen's OC, so verbiage and all that stuff should stay the same.

Has Mack announced where he will be playing next year?

Professor
December 28th, 2017, 05:14 PM
What's the news on Elon

ccd494
December 28th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Has Mack announced where he will be playing next year?

No, just that he wants to play FBS. So, technically it will be where he is practicing next year.

Derby City Duke
December 31st, 2017, 12:21 PM
he's 63. i wouldn't count on him going anywhere, unless it's eventually moving with Houston.

This makes a lot of sense. I think he stays with Coach Houston until Houston moves; if that happens in the next 2-4 years, he goes. If Houston is here 5 or more years, he might just retire (or he could possible go for 1 year to set up a successor).

Gangtackle11
January 1st, 2018, 12:05 PM
Former Villanova 1st Team AA Tanoh Kpassagnon with his 1st NFL sack.

https://twitter.com/chiefs/status/947614491885182976

Got another later in game.

KPSUL
January 1st, 2018, 02:07 PM
What's the news on Elon

For Elon, no news is good news.

phoenix3
January 2nd, 2018, 10:03 AM
For Elon, no news is good news.
Well, since no one has stepped up about Elon, I guess I'll do the honors. There really isn't too much to tell. We have no special upgrades or remodels to the football facilities. There is rumor we will be getting field turf on one of our practice fields, but I've seen no groundbreaking as of now. Probably the best news is no news. I have heard of no defections within the coaching ranks. They all seem committed to at least one more year. We had what I would consider a successful early signing day, both from a numbers and a quality standpoint. You can read about that on the website: http://elonphoenix.com/news/2017/12/19/elon-football-signs-10-in-early-period.aspx . Everything else is status quo.

Anthony215
January 3rd, 2018, 01:41 PM
7 game starting QB for Temple (Logan Marchi) has left the program and transferring. Seeing as though he's going to be a R-Junior this upcoming fall I'd suspect he will be looking at FCS options. Being from CT I could see him opting for a CAA school like NH, Nova, Delaware or a NEC program like Wagner or Bryant.

PurpleStreamers
January 3rd, 2018, 01:43 PM
Well, since no one has stepped up about Elon, I guess I'll do the honors. There really isn't too much to tell. We have no special upgrades or remodels to the football facilities. There is rumor we will be getting field turf on one of our practice fields, but I've seen no groundbreaking as of now. Probably the best news is no news. I have heard of no defections within the coaching ranks. They all seem committed to at least one more year. We had what I would consider a successful early signing day, both from a numbers and a quality standpoint. You can read about that on the website: http://elonphoenix.com/news/2017/12/19/elon-football-signs-10-in-early-period.aspx . Everything else is status quo.

Glad to hear. Elon had a great year and just wish they didn't have to have a rematch in Round 1. Love your stadium. You all are getting a new hoops arena soon right? Wonder if they'll work on football facilities (non-stadium) after that?

Dukie95
January 3rd, 2018, 02:27 PM
Love your stadium.

How can you not love a place that sells Bojangles in the concessions?

phoenix3
January 4th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Glad to hear. Elon had a great year and just wish they didn't have to have a rematch in Round 1. Love your stadium. You all are getting a new hoops arena soon right? Wonder if they'll work on football facilities (non-stadium) after that?
Our visitor locker room could use a little upgrading, but our football fieldhouse is easily in the top 3-4 of the CAA. I have heard we have plans to have one of our practice fields redone with field turf. With regard to the new Basketball arena, the Schar Center, here is a link: https://www.elon.edu/u/schar-center/ . The primary money was donated by Dwight and Martha Schar, who are partial owners of the Redskins.

Anthony215
January 4th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Our visitor locker room could use a little upgrading, but our football fieldhouse is easily in the top 3-4 of the CAA. I have heard we have plans to have one of our practice fields redone with field turf. With regard to the new Basketball arena, the Schar Center, here is a link: https://www.elon.edu/u/schar-center/ . The primary money was donated by Dwight and Martha Schar, who are partial owners of the Redskins.

That is a top notch basketball arena. Should be able to recruit pretty well with counterparts in the CAA.

Derby City Duke
January 4th, 2018, 03:23 PM

Good look; especially like the dual practice courts. Hope the facility is close to the fly-through version. What's projected capacity?

phoenix3
January 4th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Good look; especially like the dual practice courts. Hope the facility is close to the fly-through version. What's projected capacity?
For basketball the seating capacity is 5,400. The seating is somewhat similar to College of Charleston's venue.

caribbeanhen
January 4th, 2018, 04:05 PM
man o man the offseason is in full swing with all the Bball talk.... boohoo

TypicalTribe
January 4th, 2018, 04:20 PM
I have to admit that part of me was hoping Laycock would announce his retirement. For a guy who was always billed as an offensive guru, it's been a long time since the 'Burg has seen stellar QB play and the Tribe has been wasting some pretty good defensive units as a result. It's always hard to move on from someone with that kind of tenure, but I think the time has come.

caribbeanhen
January 4th, 2018, 04:38 PM
I have to admit that part of me was hoping Laycock would announce his retirement. For a guy who was always billed as an offensive guru, it's been a long time since the 'Burg has seen stellar QB play and the Tribe has been wasting some pretty good defensive units as a result. It's always hard to move on from someone with that kind of tenure, but I think the time has come.

maybe he just needs a reminder at his age.... old cuss probably thinking he's got one more left in him

tribe_pride
January 4th, 2018, 07:57 PM
Hey Caribbean - Is gohens.net down? Are you guys using something else? Only asking because wanted to look at to see if you guys were talking about the Tribe bball game and go an error message.

caribbeanhen
January 4th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Hey Caribbean - Is gohens.net down? Are you guys using something else? Only asking because wanted to look at to see if you guys were talking about the Tribe bball game and go an error message.

Its down, not sure why

it came back up a few days ago and crashed again

bluehenbillk
January 5th, 2018, 09:02 AM
It's back now.

KPSUL
January 5th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Its down, not sure why

it came back up a few days ago and crashed again

Marty Scarano's work no doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

It's back now.

Not for long!!!

TribeNomad1
January 6th, 2018, 08:19 AM

You can get away with this post in this forum. Don't try this on the other forum.

Gangtackle11
January 6th, 2018, 10:28 AM

Be careful what you ask for. I thought the time had come for Andy Talley to move on & although Ferrante is a solid citizen it felt like the team took a big step back. I think it had to do with Nova losing DC Billy Crocker to UConn & key assistant Tony Trisciani to Elon as their DC.

Nova blamed their lackluster season on injuries, but I think losing Talley & key assistants changed the culture enough to make a difference.

KPSUL
January 6th, 2018, 01:21 PM
Be careful what you ask for. I thought the time had come for Andy Talley to move on & although Ferrante is a solid citizen it felt like the team took a big step back. I think it had to do with Nova losing DC Billy Crocker to UConn & key assistant Tony Trisciani to Elon as their DC.

Nova blamed their lackluster season on injuries, but I think losing Talley & key assistants changed the culture enough to make a difference.

The difference is that Jimmye Laycock's Tribe has experienced a steady decline for several seasons, Talley was fielding very competitive teams until his retirement. With a 0-8 conference record, W&M can't drop any lower.

Gangtackle11
January 6th, 2018, 02:44 PM
The difference is that Jimmye Laycock's Tribe has experienced a steady decline for several seasons, Talley was fielding very competitive teams until his retirement. With a 0-8 conference record, W&M can't drop any lower.

This is true. Nova makes the playoffs in even years. We’ll be back next season. xpeacex

kdinva
January 12th, 2018, 07:23 PM
JMU continues to reload for 2018.

Just picked up DT from UVA. 2 years of eligibility left.

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/source-jmu-adding-uva-transfer

AND, that QB from Pitt......discussed earlier....

http://www.richmond.com/sports/jmu-brings-in-transfer-qb-from-pittsburgh-defensive-lineman-from/article_e55cf147-ecb9-5a24-9d98-3e28914f525d.html

Derby City Duke
January 13th, 2018, 02:51 AM
1 of the early signees enrolled this week so he will be in for Spring ball; got a 2nd guy coming in who played at UVa, left and went to community college in KS for a year. He is in class now as well.

caribbeanhen
January 13th, 2018, 01:38 PM
QB Darius Wade transferring to Delaware from Boston College for his final year!

Gangtackle11
January 13th, 2018, 03:27 PM

Go get Carrib!!

caribbeanhen
January 13th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Go get Carrib!!

long overdue right... Many Hen fans have been critical of Rocco for not bringing in an impact QB last year, could of been a great season with that...... Defense....!

KPSUL
January 13th, 2018, 05:48 PM

Mediocre backup, better runner than passer - in other words about what you had last season. The Delaware fans will have this, among many other things, to be critical about Danny Rocco.

Herder
January 13th, 2018, 08:10 PM
haha, yes that's him.

you played the best in the MVFC, and lost. Yes, that’s him.

Derby City Duke
January 13th, 2018, 11:22 PM

Well, when the last P5 QB transferred in (Connor Mitch, So. Carolina), he never saw the field for any meaningful snaps; appeared in 5 games in 2016, going 8-17, 68 yds, 1 INT, 0 TDs. When Schor got hurt vs. 'Nova, Houston burned Cole Johnson's redshirt rather than put Mitch. The guy ended up getting suspended from the team for 'violation of team rules' and eventually left JMU. Have no idea where he ended up.

We'll see if this works out any different this year, given that we have to have a new quarterback for the '18 season.

Henny
January 14th, 2018, 07:22 AM
Mediocre backup, better runner than passer - in other words about what you had last season. The Delaware fans will have this, among many other things, to be critical about Danny Rocco.

Don't worry, we get to settle it on the field with UNH in 18 instead of Uncle Marty bailing you out again.

KPSUL
January 14th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Don't worry, we get to settle it on the field with UNH in 18 instead of Uncle Marty bailing you out again.

Looking forward to it!

UpstateBison
January 14th, 2018, 10:31 PM

Seriously, a BC QB and you are excited. I had no idea that you had fallen that far. Please come to the NDSU game at Delaware in 2019. I will be there and will provide all tailgating supplies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derby City Duke
January 14th, 2018, 10:36 PM
Word is the Dante Miller (RB) has de-committed from JMU and will instead commit to Columbia. He was the only verbal commit who did not sign with JMU during the early signing period.

caribbeanhen
January 15th, 2018, 05:01 AM
Seriously, a BC QB and you are excited. I had no idea that you had fallen that far. Please come to the NDSU game at Delaware in 2019. I will be there and will provide all tailgating supplies.

That post sounded excited ? Just posting the news really

actually though if you knew anything about how bad Delaware's quarterback play has been for the last three years I have a lot of reasons to be excited I guess

Henny
January 15th, 2018, 08:33 AM
That post sounded excited ? Just posting the news really

actually though if you knew anything about how bad Delaware's quarterback play has been for the last three years I have a lot of reasons to be excited I guess

He's an upgrade from what we currently have. A one year guy who will get us to one of two freshmen QBs going forward. Wade is a smart, mature kid that will provide leadership for the 2018 offense.

jmu007
January 15th, 2018, 10:03 AM
you played the best in the MVFC, and lost. Yes, that’s him.

You MVFC trolls are really getting desperate if you're having to stoop as low as to quote comments about player nicknames in the CAA Offseason thread. Good job on continuing to lower the bar.

RootinFerDukes
January 15th, 2018, 12:03 PM

Schor also didn’t look like the QB of our future when he finished the 2015 season: most of 2nd half vs UR L. WM L. UD barely W. Elon W vs cupcake. Colgate embarrassing playoff L. 2-2 in his full starts in 2015.
In Schor’s defense, he was thrown to the wolves, offensive play calling became excessively conservative when Vad Lee went out thanks to Withers and our defense was historically awful and doing him no favors.
Then a new HC came and a full off season plus a true QB competition and it lit a fire in him. The last two years were history.

DallasSpider
January 15th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Schor also didn’t look like the QB of our future when he finished the 2015 season: most of 2nd half vs UR L.

That L was not on him by any means. He had three drives and scored three touchdowns if I remember right. The only time we stopped y'all that year was when Vad was in.

RootinFerDukes
January 15th, 2018, 08:32 PM
That L was not on him by any means. He had three drives and scored three touchdowns if I remember right. The only time we stopped y'all that year was when Vad was in.

No. I wasn't saying it was on him. That loss was squarely on our defense first, loss of vad lee to a lessor second degree. I just listed it because he came in during meaningful time and not just during mop up duty.

Terry2889
January 16th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Word is the Dante Miller (RB) has de-committed from JMU and will instead commit to Columbia. He was the only verbal commit who did not sign with JMU during the early signing period.

I believe the correct term is declivitous....

Derby City Duke
January 16th, 2018, 09:06 PM
I believe the correct term is declivitous....

And whatever the inverse term is for a steep upward slope -- academically -- happens to be.

vutomcat
January 19th, 2018, 09:18 AM
Heard some good news for Villanova's defense last week. Rob Rolle "all everything" safety will return for his fifth year. Rob suffered a torn ACL in the loss to Albany early in the year and will make a big difference for the Cats.

Gangtackle11
January 19th, 2018, 03:55 PM
Heard some good news for Villanova's defense last week. Rob Rolle "all everything" safety will return for his fifth year. Rob suffered a torn ACL in the loss to Albany early in the year and will make a big difference for the Cats.

The offense will get a boost also as QB Zach Bednarczyk, RB Matt Gudzak & All -Conference TE Ryan Bell return from injury to complete their 5th season. Look for Villanova to make some noise in the CAA next season.

Derby City Duke
January 20th, 2018, 01:34 PM
From the Daily News-Record about DiNucci and Moye, two spring enrollees. DiNucci IS a walk-on.

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/dinucci-will-get-fair-shot-in-dukes-qb-race

caribbeanhen
January 20th, 2018, 03:56 PM
The offense will get a boost also as QB Zach Bednarczyk, RB Matt Gudzak & All -Conference TE Ryan Bell return from injury to complete their 5th season. Look for Villanova to make some noise in the CAA next season.

Delaware looking for an OL Coach, is Sean Devine coming back? haha

Gangtackle11
January 20th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Delaware looking for an OL Coach, is Sean Devine coming back? haha

I’m sure he would as you guys would probably pay him more.

mainejeff
January 21st, 2018, 08:15 AM
Anyone know where Josh Mack transferred to?

Derby City Duke
January 24th, 2018, 11:26 AM
JMU lost its LB coach to Marshall. Houston now has two staff vacancies to fill, but at least has about 6 weeks to fill them before Spring ball kicks off after spring break.

Derby City Duke
January 24th, 2018, 09:09 PM
Update: JMU names a new OL coach to replace Brian Stinespring (departed to Maryland). Steve Shankweiler, 41 years coaching, loads of D-1A and FBS experience. Spent last year @ NC State. Might help us at least be competitive in Game 1 next season since we open w/the Wolfpack in Raleigh.

http://www.jmusports.com/news/2018/1/24/football-houston-hires-steve-shankweiler-as-new-offensive-line-coach.aspx

UNHWildcat18
January 26th, 2018, 06:42 AM
On a side note away from recruiting and coaching changes. Has anyone heard any rumblings from the CAA about a TV deal? We really need a bigger revenue stream and exposure this year.

CenMEBlackBearFan
January 26th, 2018, 09:00 AM
Anyone know where Josh Mack transferred to?

Just heard Coach Wilder at ODU has some interest in Mr.Mackxnodx

bluehenbillk
January 26th, 2018, 09:18 AM
On a side note away from recruiting and coaching changes. Has anyone heard any rumblings from the CAA about a TV deal? We really need a bigger revenue stream and exposure this year.

Yes, don't count on one in the near future other than schools footing the bill like they did last season.

UNHWildcat18
January 26th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Yes, don't count on one in the near future other than schools footing the bill like they did last season.

One would think we could find one. I can't believe how we had Comcast sports net regional, NBC sports, and american whatever that channel was a few years ago all in one season, to having just a live stream this season.

BestDaneSinceHamlet
January 26th, 2018, 12:10 PM
What do you all know/think about Joe Davis, the new QB/Co-OC at Albany? Apparently he did some very good things at Fordham but left after the coach headed to Miss St.

One thingIi know is that our passing game was dreadful so this is a positive development in that they are at least addressing the problem with some new coaching blood.

RootinFerDukes
January 26th, 2018, 12:22 PM

I had a conversation with Joey D at one of the road games this year and he was very honest about the whole process. He was willing to take the heat for the disappointing nature of the TV deal but he essentially said the follow (not exact quotes):

1) National TV networks want nothing to do with airing FCS of any kind outside of the occasional bone that ESPN throws us.

2) Regional networks are even becoming more demanding in what they want to air. They only want to air certain teams that draw at least a modest rating, while not airing any teams that barely even move the needle from a viewership standpoint. AKA, they want to air JMU, UR, WM and UD more so than the northeast schools, towson or elon. The league wanted to have an equal deal where there aren't 3 or 4 schools reaping all the coverage while the rest of the league gets next to nothing in comparison. We told him we disagree with this everyone gets a trophy philosphy and he thanked us for our thoughts. He understood but also wasn't dismissive of our opinions.

3) Part of the issue with getting even a streaming deal together is that there are at least a few schools that are not currently up to an appropriate technology and quality standard on their school produced video streams. He wouldn't name names but he agreed that schools like JMU and Elon are actually some of the better produced school streams and we all agreed. *cough* URI step up your game *cough*. He said some schools are frankly cash strapped and are just not willing to invest the money and staff needed to meet a certain production standard. ESPN3 wants all league members to meet a minimum standard and some weren't and aren't willing to get to that level.

4) He said if you sign a contract with ESPN, they take almost all of your broadcast rights and it can be very difficult to create a series of TV programs with a variety of networks. I'm not sure completely how that'd be an issue but he sounded like they weren't giving them enough flexibility over their rights for some reason. Maybe someone with more expertise there can expand.

The depressing part to take away from our conversation is it sounded like, this is it. That's about the best we can do until the current contracts expire and member schools begin to invest more in their programs. He noted JMU was at a level much higher than some of the other member schools in terms of program investment and the difference is notable. I think each school is kind of on their own to secure some broadcasts with local regional networks and create their own school feeds to hopefully offer for free online. That's what our broadcasting future is.

UNHWildcat18
January 26th, 2018, 01:09 PM
I had a conversation with Joey D at one of the road games this year and he was very honest about the whole process. He was willing to take the heat for the disappointing nature of the TV deal but he essentially said the follow (not exact quotes):

1) National TV networks want nothing to do with airing FCS of any kind outside of the occasional bone that ESPN throws us.

2) Regional networks are even becoming more demanding in what they want to air. They only want to air certain teams that draw at least a modest rating, while not airing any teams that barely even move the needle from a viewership standpoint. AKA, they want to air JMU, UR, WM and UD more so than the northeast schools, towson or elon. The league wanted to have an equal deal where there aren't 3 or 4 schools reaping all the coverage while the rest of the league gets next to nothing in comparison. We told him we disagree with this everyone gets a trophy philosphy and he thanked us for our thoughts. He understood but also wasn't dismissive of our opinions.

3) Part of the issue with getting even a streaming deal together is that there are at least a few schools that are not currently up to an appropriate technology and quality standard on their school produced video streams. He wouldn't name names but he agreed that schools like JMU and Elon are actually some of the better produced school streams and we all agreed. *cough* URI step up your game *cough*. He said some schools are frankly cash strapped and are just not willing to invest the money and staff needed to meet a certain production standard. ESPN3 wants all league members to meet a minimum standard and some weren't and aren't willing to get to that level.

4) He said if you sign a contract with ESPN, they take almost all of your broadcast rights and it can be very difficult to create a series of TV programs with a variety of networks. I'm not sure completely how that'd be an issue but he sounded like they weren't giving them enough flexibility over their rights for some reason. Maybe someone with more expertise there can expand.

The depressing part to take away from our conversation is it sounded like, this is it. That's about the best we can do until the current contracts expire and member schools begin to invest more in their programs. He noted JMU was at a level much higher than some of the other member schools in terms of program investment and the difference is notable. I think each school is kind of on their own to secure some broadcasts with local regional networks and create their own school feeds to hopefully offer for free online. That's what our broadcasting future is.

Thanks for the insight! I think the CAA in that case should work for an espn 3 deal and tell the schools tough **** and invest enough so ESPN3 can broadcast. It's a pipe dream but if we ever got the espn3 deal I wish UNH could work with NESN to schedule a home game or two if they aren't on espn3. We are 1 hour from their HQ almost no travel cost and we have the proper set up now.

RootinFerDukes
January 26th, 2018, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the insight! I think the CAA in that case should work for an espn 3 deal and tell the schools tough **** and invest enough so ESPN3 can broadcast. It's a pipe dream but if we ever got the espn3 deal I wish UNH could work with NESN to schedule a home game or two if they aren't on espn3. We are 1 hour from their HQ almost no travel cost and we have the proper set up now.

That's what our group told him. We recommend the league pursue ESPN3, as that's about the best exposure an FCS team can get from a streaming deal at this point. We also said, a deal taking half of your league for games is better than nothing. If smaller schools won't step up, that's their problem.

We'll see, but a "everyone gets a say" philosophy is nonsense when some field a team but little else.

UNHWildcat18
January 26th, 2018, 03:49 PM
That's what our group told him. We recommend the league pursue ESPN3, as that's about the best exposure an FCS team can get from a streaming deal at this point. We also said, a deal taking half of your league for games is better than nothing. If smaller schools won't step up, that's their problem.

We'll see, but a "everyone gets a say" philosophy is nonsense when some field a team but little else.

I couldn't agree more. If you wont step up, be content not getting the exposure of join the NEC(lol) I feel that most schools should be able to though!

kdinva
February 2nd, 2018, 01:49 PM
New QB Coach for the Blue Hens....

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Delaware (FCS): Alex Wood has been announced as the new quarterbacks coach on Danny Rocco’s staff. With the addition, offensive coordinator Matt Simon will now work wtih the running backs and Bill Polin will take over offensive line duties. Wood previously served as the head coach at Florida A&M and was also the head coach at James Madision from 1995-1998.

RootinFerDukes
February 2nd, 2018, 02:06 PM
Alex Wood's four year stint at JMU was gradual regression. Mickey Matthews had to come in and clean up the mess.

MR. CHICKEN
February 2nd, 2018, 02:30 PM
HE'S COMIN' AS QB COACH.......HIS FORTE...........COACHED DANTE CULPEPPER IN MINNESOTA...TA ALL-PRO STATUS.........AWQ!

Mattymc727
February 5th, 2018, 08:08 PM
Pretty weak recruiting class for UNH so far.

Anthony215
February 7th, 2018, 01:18 PM
Delaware RB Wes Hills has resurfaced as he signed today with D2 school Slippery Rock University in NE PA. Pretty good landing place for him if he had to transfer down a level. They've had a good successful program the last few years and produced a few NFL players as well.

whoanellie
February 7th, 2018, 09:57 PM
http://www.elonnewsnetwork.com/article/2018/02/2018-football-signing-event

bonarae
February 8th, 2018, 05:34 AM
Stony Brook's class is quite small - 16 in all. Probably weak class IMO.

UNHWildcat18
February 8th, 2018, 06:51 AM
UNH signs 21 with 17 scholarships, 2 preferred walk on's, and two new comers this morning who I'm not sure what they are. Overall a good class.

whoanellie
February 8th, 2018, 09:15 AM
http://www.elonnewsnetwork.com/article/2018/02/2018-football-signing-event
National Signing Day
Wednesday, Dec. 20, 2017 | Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018

Follow On Twitter (#ElonSigns | #FL18HTSQUAD) Meet the Players

Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown / High School Video
Devonte Chandler* LB 6-0 225 Chester, Va. / Thomas Dale
Mike Barone* OL 6-7 305 Apex, N.C. / Northwood
Malik Medley* DL 6-4 235 Raleigh, N.C. / Sanderson
Nick Cerimele* OL 6-2 304 Allentown, Pa. / Allentown Central Catholic
Zach Bevins* OL 6-3 290 Virginia Beach, Va. / Bishop Sullivan Catholic
Cole Coleman* DB 5-10 180 Raleigh, N.C. / Leesville Road
Jamir Malone* LB 6-0 215 North Ridgeville, Ohio / North Ridgeville
Avery Jones* WR 6-2 205 Joppa, Md. / The Kiski School
Zack Monson* LB 6-3 215 Alexandria, Va. / West Potomac
Bryson Daughtry* WR 6-1 180 Charlotte, N.C. / Phillip O. Berry Academy of Technology
Joey Baughman QB 6-1 190 Wadsworth, Ohio / Wadsworth
Liam Cabri TE 6-4 235 Wood-Ridge, N.J. / De Paul Catholic
Jaylan Thomas RB 5-10 190 Carrollton, Ga. / Carrollton
Jackson Parham WR 6-3 195 Hillsborough, N.J. / Hillsborough
Marcus Hillman DB 6-1 185 Camden, N.J. / Camden Catholic
Shamari Wingard DB 6-0 170 Charlotte, N.C. / Ardrey Kell
Skyler Davis K 5-8 155 Acworth, Ga. / Allatoona
* denotes December signee

2017-18 Signing Class Bios

Devonte Chandler
6-0 • 225 • Linebacker
Chester, Va. • Thomas Dale
Honors
• Garnered first-team all-conference, all-metro and all-region honors
• Helped coach Kevin Tucker's program to both regional and district titles

Personal
• Son of Stacy and Danielle Chandler
• Born February 2, 2000

Mike Barone
6-7 • 305 • Offensive Lineman
Apex, N.C. • Northwood
Honors
• Team captain for coach Brian Harrington's squad
• All-conference honoree
• Honor Roll student

Personal
• Son of former U.S. Military Academy football player Michael and former LIU Post basketball player Mary Barone
• Born July, 28, 1999

Malik Medley
6-4 • 235 • Defensive Lineman
Raleigh, N.C. • Sanderson
Honors
• 2017 CAP-7 All-Conference
• 2016 Honorable mention all-conference performer
• Four-time academic all-conference honoree

Personal
• Son of Joe and Alison Nuccio-Medley
• Born March 18, 2000

Nick Cerimele
6-2 • 304 • Offensive Lineman
Allentown, Pa. • Allentown Central Catholic
Honors
• Helped Allentown Central to a 2016 Eastern Pennsylvania Conference North Division championship
• Earned first-team all-league honors as an offensive lineman twice
• Was a first-team all-conference performer at defensive end
• Second-team all-area guard
• Will participate in the 2017 NUC All-American Game in Daytona, Fla.
• Team captain
• Played his first two seasons at Marian Catholic where he helped the team to a 2015 District XI Class A title
• Honor Roll student
• Lettered in both football and track

Personal
• Son of Fred and Renee Cerimele
• Cousin Mike Cerimele played football at Penn State and with the Washington Redskins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers
• Born September 30, 1999

Zach Bevins
6-3 • 290 • Offensive Lineman
Virginia Beach, Va. • Bishop Sullivan Catholic
Honors
• Rated as a three-star recruit by both Rivals and 247 Sports
• Rated as the #1 guard in Virginia by 247 Sports
• Four-year starter (51 games)
• Four-year first-team all-757 honoree
• Earned first-team All-Tidewater accolades
• Began his prep career at Ocean Lakes, helping the team to 2014 Group 6A State title and a 15-0 record
• Ocean Lakes reached the 6A semifinals and was ranked as high as #6 in the country by USA Today in 2015
• Honors student

Personal
• Son of former East Carolina University soccer player Jeffrey and Sharon Bevins
• Born January 5, 2000

Cole Coleman
5-10 • 180 • Defensive Back
Raleigh, N.C. • Leesville Road
Honors
• Will enroll at Elon for the spring semester
• Four-year varsity player
• Helped the team to four consecutive playoff appearances
• Team captain
• Gave up just one total touchdown in coverage in 27 varsity games
• Returned an interception for a score in 2017
• Named an All-CAP 8 performer in 2016
• Finished his junior year with 32 tackles, two interceptions (one returned for a touchdown) and a forced fumble
• Put up 1,116 all-purpose yards and scored 17 touchdowns in 2016
• Made 64 tackles, intercepted one pass and recovered a fumble as a sophomore

Personal
• Son of former North Carolina State football player Chris Coleman and Shani Alston
• Father played pro football for the Tennessee Titans
• Stepfather Richard Alston played pro football for the Cleveland Browns
• Born June 25, 2000

Jamir Malone
6-0 • 215 • Linebacker
North Ridgeville, Ohio • North Ridgeville
Honors
• Holds program records with 268 career tackles and 52 tackles for loss
• Three-year varsity player
• Two-time all-county honoree
• Two-time all-conference selection
• Earned second-team all-district honors as a senior
• Two-time team linebacker of the year
• Selected as the 2017 Defensive Player of the Year by The Morning Journal
• Four-year Merit Roll student

Personal
• Son of Craig Malone and Katherine Bonner
• Born April 13, 2000

Avery Jones
6-2 • 205 • Wide Receiver
Joppa, Md. • The Kiski School
Honors
• Name the 2017 offensive MVP at The Kiski School
• Caught 39 balls for 860 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2017
• Finished 2017 with 16 total touchdowns and 1,454 all-purpose yards
• Selected to the Big 33 Classic
• Helped coach James Perry's The Kiski School to a 9-0 record and a 2017 Prep League crown
• 2016 first-team all-conference for coach Keith Rawlings at John Carroll High
• 2016 Baltimore Touchdown Club All-Star game
• Recipient of the Bud Bitzer Award
• Had 29 receptions for 868 yards and 11 touchdowns as a junior
• Helped John Carroll to a 12-0 record and a MIAA title in 2015

Personal
• Son of former Rutgers University and LIU Brooklyn basketball player Charles Jones and former LIU Brooklyn basketball player Ana Louis-Guerrero
• Father also played professional basketball for the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Clippers
• Born December 10, 1999

Zack Monson
6-3 • 215 • Linebacker
Alexandria, Va. • West Potomac
Honors
• 2017 first-team All-Gunston Conference linebacker and tight end
• Named 2017 conference defensive player of the year
• Earned first-team all-region honors as a linebacker and second-team all-region honors as a tight end his senior year
• Team captain
• Team MVP
• Earned first-team all-league players on defense and second-team all-conference accolades on offense in 2016
• 2016 Second-team all-region

Personal
• Son of Michael and Jane-Ellen Monson
• Brother Grant plays football at Bridgewater College
• Born January 19, 2000

Bryson Daughtry
6-1 • 180 • Wide Receiver
Charlotte, N.C. • Phillip O. Berry Academy of Technology
Honors
• Caught 66 passes for 1,469 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior
• Ranked third in the state of North Carolina in receiving yards and receiving yards per game (133.5) in 2017
• Named the Greater Charlotte Football Awards 2017 Receiver of the Year
• A/B Honor Roll student

Personal
• Son of James and Tajuana Daughtry
• Born October 3, 2000

Joey Baughman
6-1 • 190 • Quarterback
Wadsworth, Ohio • Wadsworth
Honors
• Named 2017 Ohio Mr. Football
• Earned Division II first-team All-State and Offensive Player of the Year as well as NE Inland first-team all-district and Offensive Player of the Year accolades
• Also picked up player of the year honors from Ohio.com, Cleveland.com and Fox 8
• Named the Cleveland Sports Commission's Male High School Athlete of the Year
• Two-time captain in both football and wrestling
• Helped coach Justin Todd's team to a Suburban League title with an 11-1 overall record and a second round state playoff appearance
• Threw for 3,079 yards and 36 touchdowns and rushed for 1,523 yards and 20 scores as a senior; Had just three INTs in 331 pass attempts
• Threw for a Medina County record 416 yards in a win over North Royalton
• In 22 career games, threw for 4,722 yards and 51 touchdowns while rushing for 2,769 yards and 31 touchdowns
• Only player in Medina County history to pass and rush for over 1,000 yards in back-to-back seasons
• 2017 National Football Foundation Scholar Athlete
• A/B Merit Honor Role student
• Two-time state runner-up and three-time Division-I state medalist in wrestling
• Currently ranked 14th nationally at the 182-pound weight class

Personal
• Son of former Glenville State College football player Alan and Jill Baughman
• Born June 1, 1999

Liam Cabri
6-4 • 235 • Tight End
Wood-Ridge, N.J. • De Paul Catholic
Honors
• Caught 33 passes for 600 yards (18.2 ypc) and six touchdowns as a senior
• Named All-Passaic County, second-team all-state and third-team all-metro
• 2016 first-team All-Big North honoree for coach John McKenna
• Helped the team to a 2017 state title

Personal
• Son of Rich and Karen Cabri
• Born December 4, 1999

Jaylan Thomas
5-10 • 190 • Running Back
Carrollton, Ga. • Carrollton
Honors
• Rushed for over 1,600 yards and 19 touchdowns in 2017
• 2017 all-state performer
• Earned region offensive player of the year honors as a senior
• Named 2015 Times-Georgian Newcomer of the Year
• 2015 all-region selection
• Helped coach Sean Calhoun's squad to a state quarterfinals appearance in 2017
• Four-year academic letterwinner

Personal
• Son of Trampas Thomas and Fathia Reese
• Cousin Jerrard Tarrant played football at Georgia Tech
• Born December 11, 1999

Jackson Parham
6-3 • 195 • Wide Receiver
Hillsborough, N.J. • Hillsborough
Honors
• Three-time All-Mid-State 38 selection for coach Kevin Carty
• Named third-team All-State Group 5 in 2017
• Team captain who helped the program to a 2017 state playoff appearance
• Selected to the NJFCA Super 100 Team as a senior
• Two time MVP and recipient of the 2015 Ricky Proehl Award (Most Outstanding Receiver)
• Set program records for receptions and receiving touchdowns
• Caught 50 balls for 825 yards (16.5 ypc) and seven touchdowns as a senior
• Hauled in 36 passes for 476 yards (13.2 ypc) and five scores in 2016
• Serves as a tutor and peer mentor

Personal
• Son of former Gonzaga University basketball player John and Jill Parham
• Brother Jalen plays basketball at Montclair State University
• Born December 6, 1999

Marcus Hillman
6-1 • 185 • Defensive Back
Camden, N.J. • Camden Catholic
Honors
• Three-year starter for coach Nick Strom
• Earned first-team all-conference honors as a junior and senior
• Collected 2017 first-team All-South Jersey and first-team all state accolades
• Helped the program amass a four-year record of 34-6, the most wins in a four-year span in program history
• Finished 2017 with 84 total tackles and 15 sacks
• Carried the ball 202 times for 1,419 yards (7.0 ypc) during his senior season
• Posted 188 tackles, including 24 sacks, and one interception over the course of his prep career
• Ran for 2,177 career yards on 296 attempts

Personal
• Son of William and Gwenette Hillman
• Brother ran track at Montclair State University and sister cheers at Morgan State University
• Born October 2, 2000

Shamari Wingard
6-0 • 170 • Defensive Back
Charlotte, N.C. • Ardrey Kell
Honors
• Rated as a two-star recruit by 247Sports.com
• Two-time all-conference selection for coach Kyle Brey
• First-team All-Mecklenburg County honoree as a returner
• Named the WSOC-TV Big 22 Player of the Year
• Finished his senior season with 65 total tackles, three forced fumbles, two interceptions, seven pass breakups and three blocked field goals
• Averaged 28.5 yards on kick returns and returned one kick for a touchdown
• Averaged 40.2 yards on punt returns, returning two for scores
• Member of the National Society of High School Scholars

Personal
• Son of Terrice Wingard
• Brother Omari ran track at Mars Hill University
• Born December 24, 1999

Skyler Davis
5-8 • 155 • Kicker
Acworth, Ga. • Allatoona
Honors
• Rated as a five-star Kohl's kicker, ranking as high as #15 nationally
• Team captain
• Holds all of Allatoona's kicking and punting records
• 34-of-35 on PATs and 10-of-13 on FG for 64 points in 2017
• Career 156-of-160 on PATs and 24-of-31 on FG (long of 51) for 228 points
• Averaged 38.2 yards on 54 punts with 19 inside the 20 (long of 58) in 2017
• Averaged 56.3 yards on 61 kickoffs in 2017
• Claimed a pair of all-county honors and was a three-time all-region selection
• Named all-county kicker of the year in 2016 and 2017
• Chosen as the player of the game in the 2015 state championship contest
• Scored 228 career points, ranking second in Allatoona history
• Helped coach Gary Varner's team to a 9-4 overall record and a state quarterfinals appearance in 2017
• The program won the 2015 state crown as well as a pair of regional titles
• Played four years of varsity soccer, becoming the program's all-time leader in goals scored
• Three-time all-county soccer selection
• Helped the soccer team to a 2015 state finals appearance and semifinal showings in 2016 and 2017
• Member of the Athletic Leadership Committee
• Scholar Athlete honoree

Personal
• Son of former Westminster College soccer player Jimmy and Blessing Davis
• Sister Willough played soccer at Furman University
• Born April 25, 2000

Read more: http://elonphans.proboards.com/thread/3829/complete-loi-2018-signing-class#ixzz56WvKdDzQ

CenMEBlackBearFan
February 8th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Maine has 24 new signings which is definitely large for us. Highlights seem to be 6 OL, since we graduated 3 OL this was a must. Jalik Heyward was top D lineman from Delaware but we only signed one RB which means we have 4 total and only one with any D1 experiencexeyebrowx. If anyone in the tristate area knows anything about these recruits feel free to share. Guess the O lineman from Florida was a good pickup as well.xthumbsupx
http://goblackbears.com/news/2018/2/7/f ... g-day.aspx (http://goblackbears.com/news/2018/2/7/football-adds-16-on-national-signing-day.aspx)

MR. CHICKEN
February 8th, 2018, 07:42 PM
....RYAN CARTY.......FORMER OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR @ NEW HAMPSHIRE......AND QB @ DELAWARE.....HAS BEEN HIRED TO BE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR....BAH HIS FORMER....HEAD [email protected] HOUSTON STATE..............FROM WILDCAT....TA...BEARKAT....xcoolx......BRAWK!

http://www.weatherforddemocrat.com/texas/sports/bearkats-hire-new-hampshire-oc-carty-for-same-role/article_3dfa68aa-4c37-5517-a594-7395e1b84a64.html

bonarae
February 9th, 2018, 05:04 AM
Albany only signs 14... hmm...

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=70366&SPID=8009&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211696006&DB_OEM_ID=15800

UNHWildcat18
February 9th, 2018, 06:11 AM
....RYAN CARTY.......FORMER OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR @ NEW HAMPSHIRE......AND QB @ DELAWARE.....HAS BEEN HIRED TO BE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR....BAH HIS FORMER....HEAD [email protected] HOUSTON STATE..............FROM WILDCAT....TA...BEARKAT....xcoolx......BRAWK!

http://www.weatherforddemocrat.com/texas/sports/bearkats-hire-new-hampshire-oc-carty-for-same-role/article_3dfa68aa-4c37-5517-a594-7395e1b84a64.html

They can have him.

bonarae
February 10th, 2018, 05:49 PM
Villanova's class is only 15 members as of NSD...
http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020718aaa.html

Gangtackle11
February 11th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Villanova gets Tony Siragusa’s kid as a walk-on WR. Yes WR.

Also QB in class is son of Qadry Ismail aka “The Missile.”

Derby City Duke
February 13th, 2018, 10:04 AM
JMU appears to have their next ILB coach -- SEC and NFL coaching experience.

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/source-jmu-to-hire-belin

caribbeanhen
February 13th, 2018, 05:53 PM
still no word on Mack?

KPSUL
February 13th, 2018, 08:22 PM
UNH signed 23, which was a surprise considering that our graduating class was small.

Seawolf97
February 14th, 2018, 03:21 PM

We graduated 19 and signed 16 for now. Coach P is holding 3 scholarships for possible FBS transfers later in the spring . Most of the graduates were on the defensive side of the ball . We signed two QBs , and two Running backs and mostly OL and DL lineman

- - - Updated - - -

We graduated 19 and signed 16 for now. Coach P is holding 3 scholarships for possible FBS transfers later in the spring . Most of the graduates were on the defensive side of the ball . We signed two QBs , and two Running backs and mostly OL and DL lineman

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

We graduated 19 and signed 16 for now. Coach P is holding 3 scholarships for possible FBS transfers later in the spring . Most of the graduates were on the defensive side of the ball . We signed two QBs , and two Running backs and mostly OL and DL lineman , We will be fine come September

- - - Updated - - -

We graduated 19 and signed 16 for now. Coach P is holding 3 scholarships for possible FBS transfers later in the spring . Most of the graduates were on the defensive side of the ball . We signed two QBs , and two Running backs and mostly OL and DL lineman , We will be fine come September

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

bonarae
February 17th, 2018, 03:05 AM
still no word on Mack?

There is some word, but it's in the Smack board for some weird reason.

Josh Mack is attending Monroe Community College. When he asked to leave U Maine they pulled his scholarship and his GPA was 1.9 making him ineligible to transfer. The Mack family is currently appealing for J Mack to finish his winter semester at Maine. Dumb move mack family. ODU rejects Mack

KPSUL
February 17th, 2018, 10:29 AM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

How many did you say Stony Brook signed?

RootinFerDukes
February 18th, 2018, 03:24 PM
Wow a student athlete is trying to transfer with a 1.9 GPA? He's not likely going to end up at a school higher up the CFB food chain then Maine.

R3TRO
February 19th, 2018, 12:20 PM
LOL @ 1.9 GPA

Anthony215
February 19th, 2018, 12:36 PM
There is some word, but it's in the Smack board for some weird reason.

As long as he pulls that 1.9 up to a 2.3 he'll be fine to transfer this summer to another institution to be eligible. Since his goal was to play at the FBS level he was sitting out in 2018 regardless so it'll be a redshirt year for him wherever he lands and he'll be a scout team RB so missing spring ball won't hurt him really. Word of advice to other guys thinking of leaving without a degree from their current school to play at a higher level make sure your grades are in order before pulling the I want to transfer card out because they'll pull that scholarship immediately for the following semester to bring in a mid year transfer/signee..

Derby City Duke
February 21st, 2018, 10:04 AM
We are back in coach-hunting mode for the 3rd time this off-season. Apparently WCU has picked up Tripp Weaver, our cornerback coach and recruiting coordinator; good get as our secondary was lights out last year. CB had 16 picks w/Rashad Robinson 3rd in the country on his way to AA honors.

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/search-for-dukes-new-cbs-coach-begins

Mattymc727
February 21st, 2018, 10:47 AM
UNH is also in coach hunting mode, in need of an OC and safeties coach/recruiting coordinator, as both left this off-season.

caa51
February 21st, 2018, 06:05 PM
UNH is also in coach hunting mode, in need of an OC and safeties coach/recruiting coordinator, as both left this off-season.

UNH hired former Fordham DC John Bowes as their Safeties Coach and Bobby Callahan is still there as Recruiting Coordinator. They do have to make a decision on who will be the Offensive Coordinator. They have one offensive assistant coaching position open.

Gangtackle11
February 22nd, 2018, 02:16 PM
I wish Nova was hunting for coaches. Alas, we’re not. Sigh.

RootinFerDukes
March 7th, 2018, 07:25 AM
JMU hires its last assistant for next season (hopefully). CB Coach Corico Wright.

He held the same position for the last two years at Murray State and is a former player and grad assistant at Clemson.

http://jmusports.com/news/2018/3/5/houston-tabs-corico-wright-as-jmu-footballs-cornerbacks-coach.aspx?path=football

kdinva
May 22nd, 2018, 11:28 AM
JMU gets transfer halfback from Central Florida.....3 years of eligibility....

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180522094403574295404

jmufan999
May 23rd, 2018, 08:40 AM

our backfield depth is just absurd.

bostonspider
May 23rd, 2018, 12:05 PM
UR's new Football locker room is coming along. Here is the final rendering.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ddf1_EsUwAA0COC.jpg:large

RootinFerDukes
May 24th, 2018, 08:02 PM
JMU needed that RB transfer, as we've got 3 senior RBs this year and then only a sophomore with minimal meaningful playing time. There's a second sophomore that I don't think has seen the field yet.

BDKJMU
May 26th, 2018, 01:15 PM

And 3 days later gets 4 star Ohio St safety
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/ex-ohio-state-db-davis-to-join-dukes

JMU lost both starting safeties from last season, both All Americans (Raven Greene, UDFA Packers, Jordan Brown, rookie tryout Ravens & Titans), so this Ohio St kid should be at a minimum a 2 deeper, maybe starting..

That's 5 transfers JMU has brought in this offseason:
-Ben Dinucci- rJr QB- started 6 games PItt last year. Likely will be replacing Schor as the starting QB.
-Parris Black- rJr DE- Wake Forest 2 deep the last 2 seasons. 2 deep/possible starter.
-Matt Terrell- Jr DE played at UVA as a true Fr/JUCO last season. 2 deep/possible starter.
-Wayne Davis- rSo Safety- 2 deep/possible starter.
-Jawon Hamilton- rSo RB- started at UCF as a true FR, missed last season- Will be part of a loaded JMU backfield.

Had a 6th transfer, DT from UVA, who started 5 games for them last season. He enrolled in Jan, dropped off the team before the end of Spring ball.

BDKJMU
May 26th, 2018, 01:32 PM
our backfield depth is just absurd.

Yep.

-Sr Cardon Johnson. 2088 career yards rushing. Granted 6th year, doubt can stay healthy.
2014 season ending injury in the spring.
2015 2nd team All CAA.
2016 season ending injury Nov. Was on pace for over 1k yards despite backing up the All American Khalid Abdullah.
2017 season ending injury Sept. 265 yds rushing vs ECU.

-Sr Marcus Marshall- Ga Tech leading rusher 2015 & 2016, JMU last yr only 4 starts but leading rusher with 850 yds. 2128 career yards rushing.

-Sr Trai Sharp- 3rd team All CAA last season, 1449 career yards rushing.

-rSo Jawon Hamilton- 2016 started at UCF as a true freshman, was their leading rusher. Injured/dnp last season. Numerous offers out of HS, including Miami.

-So Percy Aqyei Obese. Played 10 games last season as a true Fr, 273 yards rushing. 16 carries for 103 yards vs Norfolk St. Would be nice if he could redshirt, which probably won't happen.

That's 5 RBs with almost 6,500 yards of career production (including Ga Tech & UCF), close to 5700 among the 3 seniors..

Schism55
May 26th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Can NEVER have too much good RB depth, only need to look at NDSU last season. Thankful the Bison had that depth, but discouraging the amount of injuries it took to unearth it.

Gangtackle11
May 29th, 2018, 01:45 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27693&stc=1

FINALLY!!!! New turf being installed in the old ball orchard on the Main Line!! Only took 2 Hoops championships & a $500 million donation campaign to get it done.

Yippee!!!

caribbeanhen
May 29th, 2018, 05:22 PM
good to hear that GT11, surely this is the change the Hens needed to erase the ghosts of failure up in big city....

Gangtackle11
May 30th, 2018, 09:57 AM
good to hear that GT11, surely this is the change the Hens needed to erase the ghosts of failure up in big city....

Keep the Bluehen faith there carrib......What's a decade or so in the big picture anyway? xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
June 1st, 2018, 09:55 AM
JMU is quickly become the SHSU of the east coast with all of our transfers. I'm losing track of a lot of them. It's just getting too easy for NDSU fans to flip their lid about how they're superior to everyone else for having maybe 3 transfers on their entire roster.

KPSUL
June 1st, 2018, 07:34 PM
JMU is quickly become the SHSU of the east coast with all of our transfers. I'm losing track of a lot of them. It's just getting too easy for NDSU fans to flip their lid about how they're superior to everyone else for having maybe 3 transfers on their entire roster.

It was a lot easier to like and respect the JMU program in 2016. Mike Houston understandably brought in a limited numbers FBS transfers to fill holes Withers had left in the line-up, and man did he hit some homeruns. But more importantly, he and his staff also did a remarkable job of melding some very good inherited talent into a truly outstanding team. However, he does now seem to moving towards the SHSU annual quick-fix and short-sighted model of bringing in a truck load of transfers to compete among themselves and returning players. I don't think it will deliver the results needed to sustain a team that will compete for a championship perennially the way NDSU is able to do.

RootinFerDukes
June 1st, 2018, 09:58 PM
Our transfers have always been to address needed depth issues for certain positions. He's turning away a lot more transfer requests than he's taking in. A lot more.

RB with 3 years of eligibility left? We've got 3 seniors and 2 sophomores. A third sophmore helps.
Defensive back? We just had significant turnover in our backfield.
Defensive line? Repeat my comment from above.

When you have coaching turnover, you have player turnover. They're filling in the holes. I guess we're just supposed to play all of our true freshman and roll the dice on injuries? We only complain about universities who have transfers and win. If we were a .500 program, no one would whine about it on a message board.

KPSUL
June 2nd, 2018, 10:35 AM
Our transfers have always been to address needed depth issues for certain positions. He's turning away a lot more transfer requests than he's taking in. A lot more.

RB with 3 years of eligibility left? We've got 3 seniors and 2 sophomores. A third sophmore helps.

When you have coaching turnover, you have player turnover. They're filling in the holes. I guess we're just supposed to play all of our true freshman and roll the dice on injuries? We only complain about universities who have transfers and win. If we were a .500 program, no one would whine about it on a message board.

Considering the number of times in the past 2 seasons JMU has continued to win big games with multiple players from a variety of every position suspended or injured, there was clearly a lot of talent on the JMU roster when Withers left. I credited Mike Houston's success to his ability to develop his players and more importantly, to meld them into a motivated, cohesive team. I don't think bringing in 7 or 8 FBS transfers instills that level of commitment and loyalty. Particularly since the 2018 team will be the third class of players Houston has brought into the program. Of course I could be wrong, and I'd acknowledge that I personally favor player development to repeatedly bringing in large numbers of transfers. (It would have been easier for the players to understand and accept that during Houston's 1st season.) I don't expect JMU to collapse in 2018, but I do anticipate them losing to NC State, as well as one and possibly two conference games. Of course their FCS OOC schedule features 2nd tier Pioneer and MEAC opponents again so you can pencil in those wins now. JMU will end up seeded in the 3-8 range, not a 1 or 2 seed.

BDKJMU
June 2nd, 2018, 10:48 AM

Yep. MH gets tons of transfer requests, only considers some of them, and only takes them after thoroughly checking out their backgrounds. He's also limited by schollies. Ex, Dinucci, the likely starting QB, approached JMU, and despite the 1/2 doz starts for Pitt, was told at the time JMU didn't have any schollies available, so he walked on for this past semester (I'm sure he'll be on scholly next semester)..

While JMU does have 10 safeties on the roster, it seems a good move to take the Ohio St safety transfer Wayne Davis. JMU smartly recruited him out of HS, even though had no chance to sign him, as he was the Gatorade & AP VA state POTY & a consensus 4 star recruit. Davis's HS, Lake Taylor, sends a bunch of kids to JMU's camp every summer, and 1 of Davis's HS teammates is currently a JMU LB. It meant that if things didn't work out at Ohio St, then JMU would be a candidate for Davis to transfer to.

As far as the DL transfers, Wither's didn't sign that many, and several left the team over the last several years for one reason or another. Only 1 Withers DL commit is left, Jr John Daka, who committed in 2015. MH didn't get to JMU until Jan 2016, signed Daka, but wasn't able to sign any other DL out of HS. So there's a big imbalance now, with no 4th-5th year DL who were signed out of HS. Only 11 DL on the roster now (7 signed out of HS, 4 transfer), including the incoming freshmen..

BDKJMU
June 2nd, 2018, 10:51 AM
Looking at the 10 I-A transfers currently on/will be on this season's roster.

-David Eldridge, Sr, WR, 2017 transfer from UVA. 2016 UVA 2 deep, 2 starts. JMU 9 starts last season. Likely starter.
-Marcus Marshall, Sr, RB, 2017 transfer from GA Tech. GT's leading rusher 2015-2016. JMU's leading rusher last season. Co starter.
-Ben Dinucci, rJr QB, 2018 transfer from Pitt. Started 6 games Pitt last season. Likely starter.
-Jawon Hamilton, rSo RB, 2018 transfer from UCF. Started at UCF as a true Fr 2016, leading rusher. Injured/DNP last season.

-Darius Carter, rSr, DE, 2016 transfer from UVA. Started last 2 seasons, last season 3rd team All CAA.
-Ron'Dell Carter, rJr DE, 2017 transfer from Rutgers. JMU 2 deep last season. Likely starter.
-Landan Word, Jr LB, 2017 transfer from UVA. 2016 UVA 2 deep, 2 starts. JMU 2 deep last season. Likely starter.
-Paris Black, rJr DE- 2018 transfer from Wake Forest. last 2 seasons on Wake Forest 2 deep. 2 deep/possible starter.
-Matt Terrell, Jr DE, 2018 transfer2017 JUCO/2016 UVA- played at UVA as a true Fr. 2 deep/possible starter.
-Wayne Davis, rFr Safety, 2018 transfer from Ohio St- Probably 2 deep/possible starter.

RootinFerDukes
June 2nd, 2018, 11:17 AM
Kpsul, you’re able to determine that we’ll definitely drop a caa game or two without seeing a single snap from the new QB against FCS level teams? We’ve won something like 20 straight against the caa. At what point do we earn the benefit of the doubt?

KPSUL
June 2nd, 2018, 07:34 PM
Kpsul, you’re able to determine that we’ll definitely drop a caa game or two without seeing a single snap from the new QB against FCS level teams? We’ve won something like 20 straight against the caa. At what point do we earn the benefit of the doubt?

OK, you guys will win all your games this year and breeze to the National Championship - not only this season but throughout the foreseeable future. JMU is so tremendous a University in all aspects, that several of those FBS transfers will no doubt become either Rhodes or Fulbright Scholars.
Is that better?

Gangtackle11
June 2nd, 2018, 08:59 PM
Kpsul, you’re able to determine that we’ll definitely drop a caa game or two without seeing a single snap from the new QB against FCS level teams? We’ve won something like 20 straight against the caa. At what point do we earn the benefit of the doubt?.

I’m in this camp. They are king until someone beats them.

BDKJMU
June 3rd, 2018, 01:00 PM
As far as the DL transfers, Wither's didn't sign that many, and several left the team over the last several years for one reason or another. Only 1 Withers DL commit is left, Jr John Daka, who committed in 2015. MH didn't get to JMU until Jan 2016, signed Daka, but wasn't able to sign any other DL out of HS. So there's a big imbalance now, with no 4th-5th year DL who were signed out of HS. Only 10 DL on the roster now (6 signed out of HS, 4 transfer), including the incoming freshman..

Make that 11. Late HS de end signee on 5/24, at least a partial, because he signed an NLI..
http://www.ultimaterecruit.com/804football/thomas-dale-de-dusan-stjepanovic-signs-with-jmu/

RootinFerDukes
June 3rd, 2018, 02:00 PM
OK, you guys will win all your games this year and breeze to the National Championship - not only this season but throughout the foreseeable future. JMU is so tremendous a University in all aspects, that several of those FBS transfers will no doubt become either Rhodes or Fulbright Scholars.
Is that better?

Much better. Thank you.

BDKJMU
June 20th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Stumbled across this old news from 4 months ago (2/19). Didn't see it posted on here earlier. If it was on another thread, my apologies. FWIW:

“FCS RECRUITING: Top 40 CAA Recruits
*How did we come up with our ranking list below? Simple -- it's subjective, but all recruiting rankings are that way. We combined 247Sports, Rivals, the players' offer lists and our own thoughts to come up with our version of the FCS recruiting rankings. We provide some of their other top offers in the charts. This is our third year doing this.

*We don't include junior college or 4-year school transfers in any of this work. This is strictly incoming high school graduates....”
https://herosports.com/fcs/recruiting-colonial-caa-rankings-2018-class-ajaj

By my count:
JMU: 9 (7 of the top 14)
VU: 6
UD: 4
SBU: 3
Elon:3
W&M: 3
URI: 3
UNH: 2
UR: 2
Maine: 2
TU: 2
Albany: 1

I realize recruit rankings are a complete crapshoot, but it goes to show that JMU, in addition to the transfers is getting a lot of quality HS recruits, at least on paper.. Of the 15 HS recruits, according to their recruit profiles, 12 had a I-A offer, 10 of them multiple I-A offers, 3 with a P5 offer..

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 21st, 2018, 09:21 AM
Holy Crap JMU, combine this with the 8 FBS transfers and it makes me wonder how our podunk program can be leading at halftime the last two times we have played you.xsmhx
When are you guys going FBS anyways?xsmiley_wix

Stumbled across this old news from 4 months ago (2/19). Didn't see it posted on here earlier. If it was on another thread, my apologies. FWIW:

“FCS RECRUITING: Top 40 CAA Recruits
*How did we come up with our ranking list below? Simple -- it's subjective, but all recruiting rankings are that way. We combined 247Sports, Rivals, the players' offer lists and our own thoughts to come up with our version of the FCS recruiting rankings. We provide some of their other top offers in the charts. This is our third year doing this.

*We don't include junior college or 4-year school transfers in any of this work. This is strictly incoming high school graduates....”
https://herosports.com/fcs/recruiting-colonial-caa-rankings-2018-class-ajaj

By my count:
JMU: 9 (7 of the top 14)
VU: 6
UD: 4
SBU: 3
Elon:3
W&M: 3
URI: 3
UNH: 2
UR: 2
Maine: 2
TU: 2
Albany: 1

I realize recruit rankings are a complete crapshoot, but it goes to show that JMU, in addition to the transfers is getting a lot of quality HS recruits, at least on paper.. Of the 15 HS recruits, according to their recruit profiles, 12 had a I-A offer, 10 of them multiple I-A offers, 3 with a P5 offer..

BDKJMU
June 21st, 2018, 02:50 PM
Holy Crap JMU, combine this with the 8 FBS transfers and it makes me wonder how our podunk program can be leading at halftime the last two times we have played you.xsmhx
When are you guys going FBS anyways?xsmiley_wix

8? Are 5 new ones for 2018 (A 6th left before the end of Spring Ball). And believe it or not, Ben Dinucci, the Pitt QB transfer who started a 1/2 doz games last year for Pitt, approached JMU in Dec, was told no scholly's available, and walked on this past semester (sure he'll be on full ride this fall, esp if starting). FWIW SBU also has 5 I-A transfers 2018..

4 of the 10 total I-A transfers on the roster transfers are DL. Mainly because of the attrition of the high school signees 2014-2017. JMU signed 9 DL out of high school 2014-2017. 6 lasted 0 to 2 seasons (5 never saw the field, 3 were 3 star). Only 3 of them are left. More Wither's fault than Houston's..

I wouldn't be surprised to see only 1-2 I-A transfers for 2019, corner & RB the most likely. Looking at the roster now (109 listed, only 12 seniors), likely 44 player 2 deep only 8 seniors: 1 WR, 1 DL, 2 RB, 4 corner.
Top 3 RB are seniors, didn't sign a Fr RB but did get the UCF transfer.

As far as when JMU is moving up, you're really going to like my below post.

BDKJMU
June 21st, 2018, 03:00 PM
If I'm reading what's been reported on Houston's contract right and my math isn't jacked up:
$515,311 base ($390,311 + $125,000 from "anonymous donors').
$50,000 retention bonus on Feb. 1.
$565,311 2018 guaranteed.

All of his bonuses and incentives stay the same from the initial extension he inked after the 2016 season. Max possible according to the below article $145,625:
$31,250 making playoffs.
$5,000 winning CAA.
$46,875 winning 3 playoff games ($15,625 per playoff win).
$31,250 making NC game.
$31,250 winning NC.
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/houston-nets-big-raise

Total max possible 2018: $710,936 ($565,311 guaranteed + $145,625 max performance incentives)

Think there's some ancillary stuff like country club dues & car payments, but I don't feel like looking it up..
$118,500 raises for staff also.

"....The school upped Houston’s assistant coaches salary pool from $852,500 in 2017 to $971,000 — an increase of $118,500..."
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/jmu-assistants-get-raises

KPSUL
June 21st, 2018, 08:31 PM
$118,500 raises for staff also.

"....The school upped Houston’s assistant coaches salary pool from $852,500 in 2017 to $971,000 — an increase of $118,500..."
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/jmu-assistants-get-raises

Done yet ?

RootinFerDukes
June 22nd, 2018, 06:12 AM
Wow I thought this thread was about CAA off season news and notes. Go figure.

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 22nd, 2018, 06:31 AM
Wow I thought this thread was about CAA off season news and notes. Go figure.

How do you get more off season discussion than recruits, transfers and subsequent raise in coaches salary based on teams success? Seems to be right on targetxnodx
UMaine coach makes a little more than your anonymous donor contribution, 150K:(

jmu007
June 22nd, 2018, 10:16 AM
I'm sad we don't play Maine this year. That's always a fun game to watch.

Daytripper
June 25th, 2018, 12:11 PM

I know SHSU has, despite evidence to the contrary, become the "transfer" poster child. But take a look at the Southland offseason thread. SFA is winning the transfer race by a mile.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?200432-2018-Southland-Offseason-Thread/page19

QB:#12 Foster Sawyer 6-5; 225 (Sr.) **** #13 QB; #2 TX (TCU)
QB:#11 Josh Covey 6-1; 205 (Jr.) (Texas)
RB:#25 Jae’lon Oglesby 5-11; 175 (Jr.) **** #1 APB; #2 SC (Memphis)
RB:#28 Thomas Hutchings 5-10; 205 (Jr.) (Boise State)
WR:#2 Frank Iheanacho 6-6; 225 (Sr.) **** #13 WR; #12 TX (Texas A&M)
WR:#5 Terian Goree 6-1; 175 (Sr.) *** #96 TX (North Texas)
WR:#9 Remi Simmons 5-11; 185 (So.) JUCO
WR:#8 Calvin Clater 6-4; 202 (R/Fr.) ** (Bowling Green)
TE:#89 Bryce Wempa 6-5; 255 (Jr.) *** #1 TE JUCO
TE:#86 Donte Coleman 6-3; 235 (So.) *** #44 TE (Fresno State)
OL:#75 Josiah Hunter 6-5; 322 (Sr.) ** JUCO
OL:#71 Devonte Jones 6-3; 315 (Jr.) *** #68 OG; #172 TX (Baylor)
OL:#72 Collin Lagarde 6-3; 317 (Jr.) JUCO
OL:#78 Chett Munden 6-6; 305 (Jr.) *** #149 OT (North Texas)
OL:#61 Jerrod Johnson 6-2; 295 (So.) ** #153 OG JUCO
OL:#68 Tanner Elliott 6-3; 295 (So.) ** #7 OC JUCO
K:#36 Storm Ruiz 5-10; 170 (Jr.) (Houston)
K:#47 Bailey Giffen 5-9; 178 (Jr.) Div. II Transfer

DE:#96 Daniel Brewer 6-3; 233 (Jr.) Div. II Transfer
DT:#94 Demetrion Amie 6-5; 268 (Sr.) (TCU)
DT:#99 Shaq Anderson 6-0; 305 (Sr.) JUCO
LB:#49 Terrance Potts 6-2; 234 (Sr.) JUCO
LB:#7 Quin Jones 6-0; 232 (Jr.) ** #5 OLB JUCO
LB:#13 Kirkland Joseph 6-0; 215 (Jr.) JUCO
LB:#24 Keelan Greene 6-0; 195 (Jr.) JUCO
LB:#00 Jalen Sutton 6-2; 215 (R/Fr.) ** (Illinois State)
S:#4 Chris James 5-11; 195 (Sr.) ** #161 S (Illinois)
S:#17 Nazier Wright 6-2; 210 (Jr.) JUCO
CB:#21 Davelle Fox 5-11; 185 (Sr.) (JUCO)
CB:#23 Jadarius Byrd 5-10; 170 (Jr.) *** #22 CB JUCO
CB:#1 Aretavious Hendrix 6-1; 192 (Jr.) ** #37 CB JUCO
CB:#6 Tyler Freeman 6-2; 190 (Jr.) JUCO

KPSUL
June 25th, 2018, 10:04 PM
I know SHSU has, despite evidence to the contrary, become the "transfer" poster child. But take a look at the Southland offseason thread. SFA is winning the transfer race by a mile.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?200432-2018-Southland-Offseason-Thread/page19

QB:#12 Foster Sawyer 6-5; 225 (Sr.) **** #13 QB; #2 TX (TCU)
QB:#11 Josh Covey 6-1; 205 (Jr.) (Texas)
RB:#25 Jae’lon Oglesby 5-11; 175 (Jr.) **** #1 APB; #2 SC (Memphis)
RB:#28 Thomas Hutchings 5-10; 205 (Jr.) (Boise State)
WR:#2 Frank Iheanacho 6-6; 225 (Sr.) **** #13 WR; #12 TX (Texas A&M)
WR:#5 Terian Goree 6-1; 175 (Sr.) *** #96 TX (North Texas)
WR:#9 Remi Simmons 5-11; 185 (So.) JUCO
WR:#8 Calvin Clater 6-4; 202 (R/Fr.) ** (Bowling Green)
TE:#89 Bryce Wempa 6-5; 255 (Jr.) *** #1 TE JUCO
TE:#86 Donte Coleman 6-3; 235 (So.) *** #44 TE (Fresno State)
OL:#75 Josiah Hunter 6-5; 322 (Sr.) ** JUCO
OL:#71 Devonte Jones 6-3; 315 (Jr.) *** #68 OG; #172 TX (Baylor)
OL:#72 Collin Lagarde 6-3; 317 (Jr.) JUCO
OL:#78 Chett Munden 6-6; 305 (Jr.) *** #149 OT (North Texas)
OL:#61 Jerrod Johnson 6-2; 295 (So.) ** #153 OG JUCO
OL:#68 Tanner Elliott 6-3; 295 (So.) ** #7 OC JUCO
K:#36 Storm Ruiz 5-10; 170 (Jr.) (Houston)
K:#47 Bailey Giffen 5-9; 178 (Jr.) Div. II Transfer

DE:#96 Daniel Brewer 6-3; 233 (Jr.) Div. II Transfer
DT:#94 Demetrion Amie 6-5; 268 (Sr.) (TCU)
DT:#99 Shaq Anderson 6-0; 305 (Sr.) JUCO
LB:#49 Terrance Potts 6-2; 234 (Sr.) JUCO
LB:#7 Quin Jones 6-0; 232 (Jr.) ** #5 OLB JUCO
LB:#13 Kirkland Joseph 6-0; 215 (Jr.) JUCO
LB:#24 Keelan Greene 6-0; 195 (Jr.) JUCO
LB:#00 Jalen Sutton 6-2; 215 (R/Fr.) ** (Illinois State)
S:#4 Chris James 5-11; 195 (Sr.) ** #161 S (Illinois)
S:#17 Nazier Wright 6-2; 210 (Jr.) JUCO
CB:#21 Davelle Fox 5-11; 185 (Sr.) (JUCO)
CB:#23 Jadarius Byrd 5-10; 170 (Jr.) *** #22 CB JUCO
CB:#1 Aretavious Hendrix 6-1; 192 (Jr.) ** #37 CB JUCO
CB:#6 Tyler Freeman 6-2; 190 (Jr.) JUCO

What HS recruit in his right mind would commit to this program?

RootinFerDukes
June 27th, 2018, 09:23 AM
We must've been knocked out because JMU has been seeing nothing but stars so far in this 2019 recruiting class. xcoolx

UNHWildcat18
June 27th, 2018, 10:25 AM
We must've been knocked out because JMU has been seeing nothing but stars so far in this 2019 recruiting class. xcoolx

As much as I hate that you guys for having way nicer facilities and a lot more money than other top fcs schools I really don't want to see you leave for FBS

KPSUL
June 27th, 2018, 01:39 PM
As much as I hate that you guys for having way nicer facilities and a lot more money than other top fcs schools I really don't want to see you leave for FBS

http://s.quickmeme.com/img/b8/b8134ab0b85e1b7c7410dc318540c72316937c1569a7492a5b 30221493952124.jpg

BDKJMU
June 28th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Since people have brought up transfers. Looked at teams' announced signing day classes & Dec-June news releases.

Total transfers:
1. URI: 8 (1 I-A , 7 JUCO)
2. JMU 7 (5 I-A, 1 JUCO, I Div II (Riley Stapleton's younger brother, walkon)).
3. Albany 7 (5 I-A, 2 JUCO)
4. SBU: 6 (5 I-A + punter from Australia/Australian college)
No one else with more than 2 or 3.

I-A Transfers only
JMU (5)
-rJr Pitt transfer QB Ben Dinucci, 3 star 247/2 star Rivals out of HS. Started 6 games Pitt last season.
-rJr Wake Fores DE transfer Paris Black. 3 star 247/2 star Rivals out of HS. Last 2 seasons on Wake Forest 2 deep.
-Jr UVA/UCO transfer DE Matt Terrell. 3 star 247/2 star Rivals out of HS. Played at UVA as a true Fr.
-rSo UCF transfer RB Jawon Hamilton, 3 star Rivals & 247 out of HS. Started at UCF as a true Fr 2016, leading rusher. Injured/DNP last season.
-rSo Ohio St Safety transfer Wayne Davis. 4 star Rivals & 247 out of HS.

SBU (5) (4 from Temple)
-rSo Buffalo RB transfer Kameron Pickett, 3 star 247, 2 star Rivals out of HS.
-Gr Temple WR transfer Marshall Ellick, 2 deep the last 2 seasons.
-Gr Temple CB Cequan Jefferson 3 star Rivals, originally commited to VT class 2013. Did a PG season at FUMA (Fork Union Military Academy), commited to Temple 2014.
-rFr Temple DL Casey Williams, 2 star 247. Ironically coming out of HS Albany & Maine showed as his other offers.
-rSo Temple/Dodge City CC CB Kareem Gaulden, 2 star Rivals & 247.

Albany (5)
rSr Texas Tech/Miami QB Vincent Testaverde – 1 season TX Tech, appeared in one game, 15-of-26 for 116 yards, 1 INT vs Texas, 2 season MIA
Jr? UVA CB Ka’reem Gibson – 3 star 247/2 star Rivals. 2016 played 6 games, 2 starts. 2017 DNP.
rJr? Temple OL Benson Israel – 3 star 247/2 star Rivals
rFr? Temple LB Julian Conover - walk-on at Temple.
rFr Pitt OL Julian Desire- walk-on at Pitt.

TU (2)
-GR (2 years remaining) W Mich/Rutgers QB transfer Tom Flacco, Joe Flacco's younger brother:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bs-sp-towson-tom-flacco-transfer-rutgers-20180606-story.html
-LS from Pitt (assume a walkon)

UD (1)
-Gr BC QB transfer Darius Wade. Started 6 games in the ACC last year (Like JMU’s Dinucci from Pitt).

URI (1) (+7 JUCO/CC)-Gr Ball State OT transfer Kadin Booker. Last 2 seasons started 14 of 19 games he played in.

No I-A transfers that I saw listed:
UNH
Elon
VU
UR
Maine
W&M

KPSUL
June 28th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Since people have brought up transfers. Looked at teams' announced signing day classes & Dec-June news releases.

No I-A transfers that I saw listed:
UNH
Elon
VU
UR
Maine
Albany
W&M

So who did I miss?

UNH

Tommy Herion, QB R-Fr transfer from Iowa. Understandably you missed him, he was a preferred walk-on at Iowa not a scholarship recipient. UNH recruited him and offered some level of scholarship as a HS senior.

UAalum72
June 28th, 2018, 07:13 PM
Albany I-A transfers this year:
Ka’reem Gibson - CB, Virginia - played 6 games, starting two in 2016. Had 1 INT and 14 tackles
Vincent Testaverde - QB - played one game at Texas Tech, then spent two years at Miami
Benson Israel - DL, Temple - played three games in 2016
Julian Conover - LB, Temple - walk-on, redshirted
Julian Desire- DL, Pitt - walk-on, redshirt, did not play

RootinFerDukes
June 29th, 2018, 05:53 AM
JMU also had a DL transfer from UVA, Juwan Moye I think was his name. He was briefly on the roster for spring ball but has already left the team. It’s not clear what happened there.

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 29th, 2018, 11:11 AM
So you guys have Vinny Testaverde's son. Does he get to play right away as did not see any action at his dad's alma mater? Is he expected to be in the running for the QB spot for you?
And now for the million dollar question does he get to wear #14 as Miami allowed the younger Vinny to take Dad's number out of retirementxeyebrowx

Ka’reem Gibson - CB, Virginia - played 6 games, starting two in 2016. Had 1 INT and 14 tackles
Vincent Testaverde - QB - played one game at Texas Tech, then spent two years at Miami

UAalum72
June 29th, 2018, 09:38 PM
So you guys have Vinny Testaverde's son. Does he get to play right away as did not see any action at his dad's alma mater? Is he expected to be in the running for the QB spot for you?
And now for the million dollar question does he get to wear #14 as Miami allowed the younger Vinny to take Dad's number out of retirementxeyebrowx
Vincent did seem to have the best performance at QB during the spring game (11 for 18, two touchdowns.) Coach said “I would say the quarterback spot is wide open,’’ Gattuso said he thought Testaverde played well “at times” but needed to show more urgency and push himself.

He's listed as wearing #17 on the 2018 roster.

BDKJMU
July 1st, 2018, 10:03 PM
Updated my above list. Scrolling through news releases of the teams didn't see any Albany press releases on those guys. BTW, the Albany roster lists Israel and Desire as OL, not DL.

UAalum72
July 2nd, 2018, 08:07 AM
Updated my above list. Scrolling through news releases of the teams didn't see any Albany press releases on those guys. BTW, the Albany roster lists Israel and Desire as OL, not DL.
You are correct on Israel, but Julian Desire' is DL, Kassy Desir is OL.

I have to see my optometrist later this month.

Gangtackle11
July 5th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Long overdue turf is in @ Nova.

https://twitter.com/coachferrantevu/status/1014988965814964225?s=21 (https://twitter.com/coachferrantevu/status/1014988965814964225?s=21)

Tribe4SF
July 6th, 2018, 08:09 AM

https://twitter.com/coachferrantevu/status/1014988965814964225?s=21 (https://twitter.com/coachferrantevu/status/1014988965814964225?s=21)

Amen! That rug you guys had was awful.

Gangtackle11
July 7th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Amen! That rug you guys had was awful.

Nova had a bit too many season ending knee injuries last season. I say practicing on that old turf everyday attributed to it. The school raised $500 million in new donations. It would have been criminal to not replace. Should have been done sooner.

Daytripper
July 8th, 2018, 12:24 AM
Nova had a bit too many season ending knee injuries last season. I say practicing on that old turf everyday attributed to it. The school raised $500 million in new donations. It would have been criminal to not replace. Should have been done sooner.

$500 million in TOTAL donations? Or, $500 million for athletics???

caribbeanhen
July 8th, 2018, 06:20 AM

very impressive GT, a bit suprised to see green, I figured Nova wold install asphalt black or brick slab colored turf outlined in gold chains.....xpeacex

but in all seriousness, it looks great!

Gangtackle11
July 8th, 2018, 08:22 AM

Total. University is capitalizing on 2 Natty’s in hoops. Major renovations to on campus Basketball arena & expansion of campus housing.

It’s $70k+ in tuition & board now. School is overwhelmed with applicants and will certainly grow student population as long as demand is there. Need 1400+ SAT to ensure getting in unless u can dunk. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
July 8th, 2018, 08:26 AM
very impressive GT, a bit suprised to see green, I figured Nova wold install asphalt black or brick slab colored turf outlined in gold chains.....xpeacex

but in all seriousness, it looks great!

Now, now carrib. Long overdue. Our players & yours were playing Russian roulette with serious injury past few seasons. Makes the antiquated old ball yard look as best it can especially with the athletic building in west end zone. Now if only those stands would fill with fans.......xpeacex

cx500d
July 8th, 2018, 08:33 AM

B-ball apparently brings in the money

Gangtackle11
July 8th, 2018, 08:41 AM
B-ball apparently brings in the money

It sure isn’t FCS football in these parts.....xpeacex

caribbeanhen
July 9th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Now, now carrib. Long overdue. Our players & yours were playing Russian roulette with serious injury past few seasons. Makes the antiquated old ball yard look as best it can especially with the athletic building in west end zone. Now if only those stands would fill with fans.......xpeacex

I hear you, just a few days before your post about the new turf, I actually did get up the courage to watch the video of the game hi lights from last November and noted the rough shape the turf was in..... how long ago was that pasture put down? did Andy Hall play on that back in 2003?

good that it was replaced..

whoanellie
July 15th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Elon construction on turf practice fields continues I believe 2 are going in. tough break soccer right next to this one. FWIW I love our natural grass fields at Rhodes https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNw3Q3qYGz_-FSdw9hjUf2lTAmv3mSEuMdpVXVW

cx500d
July 15th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Elon construction on turf practice fields continues I believe 2 are going in. tough break soccer right next to this one. FWIW I love our natural grass fields at Rhodes https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNw3Q3qYGz_-FSdw9hjUf2lTAmv3mSEuMdpVXVW

That link doesn't work for me

phoenix3
July 16th, 2018, 04:54 PM
That link doesn't work for me
There really isn't anything to see except a graded piece of land with a disassembled football goalpost. When the job's done, it will be one full field turf field, one full Bermuda grass field and another 50 yard grass field to be used primarily for pushing sleds around. This represents a pretty big upgrade for us. We have struggled to get practices in during rainy weeks. The new turf should help with that. We're keeping the grass field in Rhodes Stadium which, IMO, is also a big plus.

KPSUL
July 16th, 2018, 09:50 PM
There really isn't anything to see except a graded piece of land with a disassembled football goalpost. When the job's done, it will be one full field turf field, one full Bermuda grass field and another 50 yard grass field to be used primarily for pushing sleds around. This represents a pretty big upgrade for us. We have struggled to get practices in during rainy weeks. The new turf should help with that. We're keeping the grass field in Rhodes Stadium which, IMO, is also a big plus.

That should help out for the UNH game @ Elon. When we go south of Virginia it seems to cause a Hurricane.

superman7515
July 18th, 2018, 12:15 PM
https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2018/07/17/penn-state-running-back-robinson-poised-transfer-delaware/793931002/

The University of Delaware appears close to landing another football transfer with Penn State pedigree.

Running back Andre Robinson (http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/andre_robinson_975817.html)’s impending transfer to Delaware was reported Thursday on Twitter by Josh Reed of WIVB-TV in Buffalo.

While Robinson is not yet enrolled at UD, his transfer does indeed appear likely, The News Journal has learned. He'd have two years of eligibility beginning this season.

He’d join two other former Nittany Lions who are Delaware starters – linebacker Troy Reeder (https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2018/04/21/university-delaware-spring-football-troy-reeder-most-improved/520739002/) and offensive lineman Noah Beh (https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2017/07/28/penn-state-transfer-beh-gives-delaware-formidable-force-up-front/510368001/).

Delaware is expected to announce an upcoming two-game series with the Nittany Lions (https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2018/05/11/potential-football-match-ups-vs-penn-state-beneficial-delaware/591606002/), whom the Blue Hens have never played, sometime this summer...

caribbeanhen
July 19th, 2018, 06:01 PM
https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2018/07/17/penn-state-running-back-robinson-poised-transfer-delaware/793931002/

this is a good get for Delaware

Andre looks pretty good to me and Rocco now appears to be serioulsy trying to keep up with the Jameses.....

KPSUL
July 19th, 2018, 09:03 PM
CAA Media Day is set for Tuesday July 24th.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28168&stc=1

https://www.caasports.com/news/2018/7/16/caa-football-kicks-off-2018-season-with-media-day-on-july-24.aspx

- - - Updated - - -

RootinFerDukes
July 20th, 2018, 05:24 AM
We seem to be the only conference in FCS that has to “broadcast” their media day on their twitter handle and not through espn3 or something with a modicum of visibility.

Derby City Duke
July 20th, 2018, 10:53 AM
We seem to be the only conference in FCS that has to “broadcast” their media day on their twitter handle and not through espn3 or something with a modicum of visibility.

They oughta subcontract it out to the Madizone crew and send Curt Dudley up there.

jmufan999
July 20th, 2018, 11:31 AM
JMU is building a temporary indoor practice facility, will be ready by this fall. the permanent facility is likely to begin once the new basketball arena is completed in 2020.

Gangtackle11
July 20th, 2018, 01:01 PM
1st day of workouts on new Nova turf.

https://mobile.twitter.com/novafbvideo/status/1020329248475832322

kdinva
July 24th, 2018, 02:02 PM
http://www.caasports.com/news/2018/7/20/james-madison-favored-to-win-fourth-straight-caa-football-title-in-2018.aspx

NHwildEcat
July 24th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Excellent. I'll get a first hand look at it come October!

bostonspider
August 2nd, 2018, 04:11 PM
Richmond's new locker room.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/iZuhEbpZX0A1M/

And new Strength and Conditioning Center, both are in the Robins Center, adjacent to Robins Stadium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dioyl4pXsAAg4vC.jpg:large

RootinFerDukes
August 2nd, 2018, 07:15 PM
It has its own thread, but JMU announced today that they’re offering full cost of attendance in all men’s and women’s sports.
I believe we’re the only current caa school to do so.

UNHWildcat18
August 3rd, 2018, 06:35 AM
1st day of workouts on new Nova turf.

https://mobile.twitter.com/novafbvideo/status/1020329248475832322

Very Nice! a nice bit of lipstick on that piggy xthumbsupx

RootinFerDukes
August 3rd, 2018, 07:58 AM
I saw on twitter that JMU finally bit on COA because some other caa peers are also paying it, so it was a requirement to not fall behind.

It’d be interesting to see who ends up being the other caa schools offering it. Anyone know?

Gangtackle11
August 3rd, 2018, 10:18 AM
Very Nice! a nice bit of lipstick on that piggy xthumbsupx

It will never be the Taj Mahal, but with the Andy Talley Center in the West endzone housing football, the Howie Long Strength & Conditioning Center, a new video board, and the new turf it’s not as bad as it was the last time u northern Cats visited.

KPSUL
August 3rd, 2018, 10:31 AM
It has its own thread, but JMU announced today that they’re offering full cost of attendance in all men’s and women’s sports.
I believe we’re the only current caa school to do so.

More Athletic Department costs hidden in the tuition bill paid by parents and students.

RootinFerDukes
August 3rd, 2018, 10:58 AM
More Athletic Department costs hidden in the tuition bill paid by parents and students.

Welcome to the future of D1 athletics nationwide. You’re right though. Students will pay for most of it.

KPSUL
August 3rd, 2018, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the future of D1 athletics nationwide. You’re right though. Students will pay for most of it.

I just made a post to the other thread about this, but what is your administration saying about the pledge the University President signed several years ago agreeing not to offer COA to scholarship recipients? It was a mutual agreement among many eastern schools; I'm not sure how many CAA football members signed but I know JMU, UNH and Delaware did, and I think Elon and a couple others did as well.

SkinsWizDukes
August 3rd, 2018, 04:21 PM

Says who? There hasn’t been any communication on where the funds are coming from. Basketball COA was privately funded.

jmu007
August 3rd, 2018, 05:27 PM
I just made a post to the other thread about this, but what is your administration saying about the pledge the University President signed several years ago agreeing not to offer COA to scholarship recipients? It was a mutual agreement among many eastern schools; I'm not sure how many CAA football members signed but I know JMU, UNH and Delaware did, and I think Elon and a couple others did as well.

I responded to you in other thread too, but looks like JMU, Delaware, and W&M have all broken the “pledge”.

whoanellie
August 3rd, 2018, 07:14 PM
Elon upgrades their practice facilities http://www.thetimesnews.com/sports/20180802/seeds-of-growth-elon-takes-step-with-renovating-practice-fields

KPSUL
August 3rd, 2018, 07:25 PM
I responded to you in other thread too, but looks like JMU, Delaware, and W&M have all broken the “pledge”.

I believe Delaware funds COA for Basketball, but not Football.

RootinFerDukes
August 3rd, 2018, 07:31 PM
Says who? There hasn’t been any communication on where the funds are coming from. Basketball COA was privately funded.

I’m speculating there but it is the likely source of funds in the long term. That’s just reality for non-P5 programs. I’ll be surprised if it’s single handedly privately funded.

caribbeanhen
August 11th, 2018, 07:05 AM
Delaware has several injuries on the DL but did bring in transfers over the past year, good reports coming in on Ashworth, a DL transfer from Cincy and Frank Burton, transfer from Ball state, also picked up a 5th year senior from St Francis....haha, anyway his name is Gray and he has looked pretty good

the injuries are to Starter Cam Kitchen, and 2 other projected starters in Sal Maruro and Covatto

QB Transfer Darrius Wade has not been named the starter and Pat Kehoe has been getting the better reviews so far

BDKJMU
August 11th, 2018, 09:53 PM
Delaware has several injuries on the DL but did bring in transfers over the past year, good reports coming in on Ashworth, a DL transfer from Cincy and Frank Burton, transfer from Ball state, also picked up a 5th year senior from St Francis....haha, anyway his name is Gray and he has looked pretty good

the injuries are to Starter Cam Kitchen, and 2 other projected starters in Sal Maruro and Covatto

QB Transfer Darrius Wade has not been named the starter and Pat Kehoe has been getting the better reviews so far
Correct me if wrong, but didn’t UD lose all 4 of last season’s starting DL, 2 of them All CAA, and one drafted?

caribbeanhen
August 12th, 2018, 08:03 AM
Correct me if wrong, but didn’t UD lose all 4 of last season’s starting DL, 2 of them All CAA, and one drafted?

Well technically they played 3-4,

The Starters last year were

Nose - Bilah Nichols - drafted by Chicago Bears
DE - Blaine Woodward - he was in camp with the 49 ers but not drafted, I think he was third team CAA
DE - Cam Kitchen - He is a senior now but hurt, I dont think he's out for the year though....

so 2 of 3 gone, and 1 hurt

so 3 new starters on the DL pending the return of Kitchen

Gangtackle11
August 12th, 2018, 02:02 PM
Well technically they played 3-4,

The Starters last year were

Nose - Bilah Nichols - drafted by Chicago Bears
DE - Blaine Woodward - he was in camp with the 49 ers but not drafted, I think he was third team CAA
DE - Cam Kitchen - He is a senior now but hurt, I dont think he's out for the year though....

so 2 of 3 gone, and 1 hurt

so 3 new starters on the DL pending the return of Kitchen

No need for DL when you have the Reeder boys.....Last 2 games I saw were Nova vs. Rhody & Nova vs. Delaware.....call me crazy, but the Hens better not take the Rams lightly in season opener. That would be a big mistake on the Dirty Birds perceived road back to national prominence. xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
August 12th, 2018, 08:56 PM
I love Gangtackle’s role as the one who has to bring the dirty birds back down to earth. I eagerly anticipate your postgame post on the evening of September 22nd.

caribbeanhen
August 12th, 2018, 09:34 PM
I love Gangtackle’s role as the one who has to bring the dirty birds back down to earth. I eagerly anticipate your postgame post on the evening of September 22nd.

all Hen fans I’ve seen on here are pretty much grounded in reality, if any Clucking is going on it’s been mostly for show. GT is right about Rhode Island, Hens can’t overlook any team that stomped Nova, they should study that game ..... URI has some serious talent at WR and can strike quick but I think Hens at home will handle the Rams

Sep 22nd? My post? You have any thoughts about that game? The one thing that is clear....opportunity is knocking for Delaware

RootinFerDukes
August 12th, 2018, 09:57 PM
all Hen fans I’ve seen on here are pretty much grounded in reality, if any Clucking is going on it’s been mostly for show. GT is right about Rhode Island, Hens can’t overlook any team that stomped Nova, they should study that game ..... URI has some serious talent at WR and can strike quick but I think Hens at home will handle the Rams

Sep 22nd? My post? You have any thoughts about that game? The one thing that is clear....opportunity is knocking for Delaware

I hope Delaware competes in that game and will root for them to do so, but I also know reality will rear its ugly head and remind UD how far it has to go to compete with the best in the country.

Schism55
August 12th, 2018, 10:29 PM
Stunning lack of foresight by whomever signed that pledge xeyebrowx

Gangtackle11
August 12th, 2018, 11:06 PM

That’s dirty filthy birds. Just keeping it real. I’ve seen nothing from Delaware the past 2 seasons to think they are back to being a national power. Prove me wrong on the field. Those who voted Delaware in their top 20 haven’t seen them play. Nova beats them like a rented mule the past decade + the Cats are a top 20-25 team at best. Carribhen is a balanced Hen fan for sure, but all this Delaware hype is crazy from what I’ve seen with my own eyes.

They may beat Rhody, but I’m not so sure given what I’ve seen from both last season. Wouldn’t that put a giant pothole on the road back to national prominence?

The CAA is JMU & the rest of us until proven different. The rest is hype. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
August 12th, 2018, 11:14 PM
I hope Delaware competes in that game and will root for them to do so, but I also know reality will rear its ugly head and remind UD how far it has to go to compete with the best in the country.

Im with you, but it’s more likely an embarrassing beat down that will make this website miserable for us CAA fans.

caribbeanhen
August 13th, 2018, 05:10 AM
Im with you, but it’s more likely an embarrassing beat down that will make this website miserable for us CAA fans.

oh the horror, stop thinking like that GT.....

A few thoughts,

First, the AGS pre season poll - How and why did Delaware get so much more love than Nova? It's a fair question considering how Nova handled the Hens last year, I think the Hens gotta whole lotta love in that pre-season poll and your team did not, kind of weird after what happened in Novemeber on the Mainline... If I was a Nova fan, I too would be kicking the "dirty filthy" Birds.... haha, How can you even eat chickern after posting that?

embarrased at North Dakota State? Well, it's not out of the question that it could happen, but I dont think so....... If Nova was going to Fargo you can bet I would be one of the biggest Nova fans that day.... Predicting an upset would be kind of hysterical but I think Delaware makes some noise in that game....

Returning to a National Power? Hen fans just want to make the playoffs this year.... We are not at the JMU level for sure but we just might be in the mix with everyone else after the Big 2...

One note about the Hens last year, Coming into the Nova game Delaware was at 7-3, the losses were to National FBS power Va Tech and FCS Defending Champ JMU, The third loss was to Towson, a game the Hens gave away and proved that we were not ready just yet

So toss out Va Tech and JMU we were 7-1 coming into Philadelphia, not bad ......

The Nova game, Well as we remember it was a bleak blustery rainy overcast chilly day and before I could even get the game tuned in it was 14-0.... and nothing got better from that point on, just an ugly game for the Hens. A game that Hen fans find hard to talk about considering the playoffs were on the line..... So if that is the only Delaware game you saw last year, You have every right to be down on Delaware..... but I saw a few more games

if you dont have your Rhode cap ordered yet for August 30th, I can send you one,, haha, as it's very obvious the Rams fan base will double for that game.....

MR. CHICKEN
August 13th, 2018, 06:56 AM

.......UMMM........SEEMS WE HUNG WHIFF....MADISON......LAST YEAR......AN' NOT TOTALLY.....EMBARASSED IN HOKEYVILLE.......WHIFF OFFENSE......CONSISTIN'......UH NO AIR GAME.........NOW AH'M NOT.......GETTIN'[ DUH POLL LOVE....FO' YOU-DEE....(#8 STREET & SMITH).......AS DUH MESSIAH QB....FROM BOSTON COLLEGE.....BAH ALL REPORTS........ISN'T OUT-SHININ'......ANYONE..........DEFENSIVE LINE WHIFF INJURIES.....AN' YOUNGIN'S......&.....NOT DEEP @ LB.......AN' FAR BETTERAH SQWADS.....HAVE GONE TA FARGO........AN' GAME OVER.....MID 1st Q......BUT NOT MANY....EAST COASTERS....HAVE SHOWN GUTS....TA SKED 'EM.......REGULAR SEASON........IF DUH JMU GAME HENS SHOW UP......MAYBE UH GAME........'NOVA HENS.......WE'LL BE CHICK-FILLETED.........ROCCO KNOWS WHAT'S IN STORE.......WHEN DUH DOME GOES DARK.....AN' SPOTLIGHTS CIRCLE.......LIKE UH HOLLYWOOD PREMIER.......JES' GOTTAH HANG OURAH HAT........ON ANYGIVENSATURDAY.............BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
August 13th, 2018, 12:50 PM
.......UMMM........SEEMS WE HUNG WHIFF....MADISON......LAST YEAR......AN' NOT TOTALLY.....EMBARASSED IN HOKEYVILLE.......WHIFF OFFENSE......CONSISTIN'......UH NO AIR GAME.........NOW AH'M NOT.......GETTIN'[ DUH POLL LOVE....FO' YOU-DEE....(#8 STREET & SMITH).......AS DUH MESSIAH QB....FROM BOSTON COLLEGE.....BAH ALL REPORTS........ISN'T OUT-SHININ'......ANYONE..........DEFENSIVE LINE WHIFF INJURIES.....AN' YOUNGIN'S......&.....NOT DEEP @ LB.......AN' FAR BETTERAH SQWADS.....HAVE GONE TA FARGO........AN' GAME OVER.....MID 1st Q......BUT NOT MANY....EAST COASTERS....HAVE SHOWN GUTS....TA SKED 'EM.......REGULAR SEASON........IF DUH JMU GAME HENS SHOW UP......MAYBE UH GAME........'NOVA HENS.......WE'LL BE CHICK-FILLETED.........ROCCO KNOWS WHAT'S IN STORE.......WHEN DUH DOME GOES DARK.....AN' SPOTLIGHTS CIRCLE.......LIKE UH HOLLYWOOD PREMIER.......JES' GOTTAH HANG OURAH HAT........ON ANYGIVENSATURDAY.............BRAWK!

Well Written Mr. Chicken....AH I THINK......

Gangtackle11
August 14th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Albany preview: https://twitter.com/caafootball/status/1029102939527249920?s=21

Delaware preview: https://twitter.com/caafootball/status/1029382901601685505?s=21

caribbeanhen
August 14th, 2018, 02:21 PM
These 2 are the Delaware transfer DL - Frank Burton and Caleb Ashworh, word is they are both serviceable

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2018/08/13/PWIL/b403baac-4710-4e81-a3b7-d633be159440-DL.JPG?width=534&height=401&fit=bounds&auto=webp

HENJOHN
August 14th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Two thirds of our eventual starting front 3! Cam Kitchen expected back at the other end for Week 1.

HENJOHN
August 14th, 2018, 03:13 PM
That’s dirty filthy birds. Just keeping it real. I’ve seen nothing from Delaware the past 2 seasons to think they are back to being a national power. Prove me wrong on the field. Those who voted Delaware in their top 20 haven’t seen them play. Nova beats them like a rented mule the past decade + the Cats are a top 20-25 team at best. Carribhen is a balanced Hen fan for sure, but all this Delaware hype is crazy from what I’ve seen with my own eyes.

They may beat Rhody, but I’m not so sure given what I’ve seen from both last season. Wouldn’t that put a giant pothole on the road back to national prominence?

The CAA is JMU & the rest of us until proven different. The rest is hype. xpeacex

Man, I am not sure where all the "hype" about UD being back to national prominence is coming from. Not many UD fans I know feel we are back there yet. If I voted in the Poll I would not have us in the Top 25. I believe in the SHOW me don't TELL me approach and like Gang Tackle said, we haven't shown it on the field for awhile. I will know more by week 6-7 but I do think we are heading in the right direction under Rocco.

Gangtackle11
August 15th, 2018, 04:00 PM
Elon preview: https://twitter.com/caafootball/status/1029745123263897600?s=12

Gangtackle11
August 16th, 2018, 03:59 PM
JMU preview: http://caasports.com/news/2018/8/14/football-caafb-12-teams-in-12-days-james-madison-preview.aspx

hoidOfYolen
August 16th, 2018, 05:02 PM
I'm really feeling good about Elon this year. I've got a feeling they are going to impress people and exceed expectations just as much as last year.

KPSUL
August 16th, 2018, 05:12 PM
I'm really feeling good about Elon this year. I've got a feeling they are going to impress people and exceed expectations just as much as last year.

With the high number and quality of players you have returning, your feelings are justified.

Gangtackle11
August 16th, 2018, 09:12 PM

Agreed. Elon will be a top CAA team.