PDA

View Full Version : Semifinal: SHSU @ NDSU

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Schwarz04
December 9th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Will the 4th time be the charm for the Bearcats, or will the Bison continue to roll to the championship?

dewey
December 9th, 2017, 10:47 PM
Go Bison!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171210/a24ea84dbfecb00d9f413580e449ae40.gif

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bison56
December 9th, 2017, 10:51 PM
Bring back The Pod

Schwarz04
December 9th, 2017, 10:52 PM
IF the Bison play as effectively on O as they did today, I can't see them losing. They won't give up more than 20-24 points. If they come out slow, then the Bearcats will have a chance to attack early.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 10:54 PM
North Dakota State 49
SHSU 17

the machine will not be stopped

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2017, 10:54 PM
I look forward to Cox producing nightmares for Briscoe. I truly believe it will be like Brian Bell in the 2nd match-up where he was tossed around.

dewey
December 9th, 2017, 10:59 PM
North Dakota State 49
SHSU 17

the machine will not be stopped

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171210/765534b82598f4696f7b82cd424b4a41.jpg

Woooooo!

I will be there yelling like crazy!

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BNATION
December 9th, 2017, 11:12 PM
Gonna be a tough one. Praying the defense gets on the plane. I think we can score on this Bison team. Stick and the offense looked great today. Should be a fun game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2017, 11:19 PM
That SHSU D-line looked legit tonight. The NDSU O-line needs to be on it's game. I feel like Briscoe will get his yards through the air but converting in the redzone will be tough for SHSU and that's where the game will be won or lost. I also think Briscoe is going to give the Bison secondary some chances for turnovers with his gunslinger mentality.

NDSUtk
December 9th, 2017, 11:22 PM
That SHSU D-line looked legit tonight. The NDSU O-line needs to be on it's game. I feel like Briscoe will get his yards through the air but converting in the redzone will be tough for SHSU and that's where the game will be won or lost. I also think Briscoe is going to give the Bison secondary some chances for turnovers with his gunslinger mentality.Watching Hall sprint across the field was impressive. He is a beast.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Serpentor
December 9th, 2017, 11:26 PM
Watching Hall sprint across the field was impressive. He is a beast.

P.J. will play on Sundays. That's not even up for debate.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2017, 11:27 PM
It's gonna be good! I'm a little disappointed that ksu didn't win because playing a new quality University is always fun in it's own right. Bison 48 SHSU 20.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Daytripper
December 10th, 2017, 12:19 AM
It's like running in to the chick that screwed you over again, and again, and again.

Daytripper
December 10th, 2017, 12:20 AM
Watching Hall sprint across the field was impressive. He is a beast.

He has been our best player, every year, for four years.

katss07
December 10th, 2017, 12:21 AM
The Bison are a good running team. If we can stop them up, this could be a close one. We need to score points. I just hope we don’t get killed. Proud of these boys regardless!

Daytripper
December 10th, 2017, 12:22 AM
I voted for SHSU simply because I have picked them in every other playoff game and it worked..and I'm a homer. But honestly, I'm not at all confident.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 10th, 2017, 12:25 AM
I will be in Fargo, that is a fact and if NDSU plays like they did today they will roll anyone in the FCS

katss07
December 10th, 2017, 12:30 AM
I will be in Fargo, that is a fact and if NDSU plays like they did today they will roll anyone in the FCS
Agreed. Even if the Kats are on their game, they will have issues. Outside of the opening Wofford drive, NDSU looked invincible.

BNATION
December 10th, 2017, 12:30 AM
The Bison are a good running team. If we can stop them up, this could be a close one. We need to score points. I just hope we don’t get killed. Proud of these boys regardless!

NDSU's play action pass was potent today. Stick was on fire, if he plays like that we will have a tough night.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2017, 05:12 AM
SHSU gave up 472 yards with 352 of it being on the ground. If the Bison play like they did against Wofford, they roll SHSU.

TennBison
December 10th, 2017, 05:54 AM
I look forward to Cox producing nightmares for Briscoe. I truly believe it will be like Brian Bell in the 2nd match-up where he was tossed around.
Brian Bell, you mean that kid that was built like the stick man from the Hangman game? NDSU destroyed that kid every game, I can remember him limping and hobbling around, looked like a 95 year old man by the end of the games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2017, 06:01 AM
Some stats on these teams:

Total Defense:

SHSU - 439 yards/game
NDSU - 228 yards/game

Scoring Defense:

SHSU - 29 points/game
NDSU - 11 points/game

Total Offense:

SHSU - 552 yards/game
NDSU - 448 yards/game

Scoring Offense:

SHSU - 46 points/game
NDSU - 39 points/game

Both teams can score points but it will come down to which defense can slow down the other. NDSU gives up over 200 yards less per game and 18 less points per game so it is safe to say the Bison defense is much better at stopping teams.

Watching the game last night, the Bison should be able to run all over this Sammy defense and keep Briscoe off the field. Same formula for the Bison in all games, pound the rock and keep the opposing offense on the sideline.

NDSU needs to get pressure on Briscoe. He is going to sling it all over the field so the Bison secondary needs to be ready. Contrast in styles for sure.

BNATION
December 10th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Some stats on these teams:

Total Defense:

SHSU - 439 yards/game
NDSU - 228 yards/game

Scoring Defense:

SHSU - 29 points/game
NDSU - 11 points/game

Total Offense:

SHSU - 552 yards/game
NDSU - 448 yards/game

Scoring Offense:

SHSU - 46 points/game
NDSU - 39 points/game

Both teams can score points but it will come down to which defense can slow down the other. NDSU gives up over 200 yards less per game and 18 less points per game so it is safe to say the Bison defense is much better at stopping teams.

Watching the game last night, the Bison should be able to run all over this Sammy defense and keep Briscoe off the field. Same formula for the Bison in all games, pound the rock and keep the opposing offense on the sideline.

NDSU needs to get pressure on Briscoe. He is going to sling it all over the field so the Bison secondary needs to be ready. Contrast in styles for sure.

No doubt the stats dictate that. The stats dictated the same thing with Kennesaw. our offense will have to be on the move in this game. If NDSU can slow down Briscoe it will be a blowout.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 08:25 AM
If Briscoe was a mobile QB I'd be a lot more worried about this game. NDSU has struggled this year in particular to defend the QB run or, in the case of the SDSU game, struggled to keep the QB contained in the pocket thereby leaving the secondary out to dry having to cover for 4-5 seconds.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Briscoe plays a fantastic game but I think having a traditional pocket passer plays right into NDSU's defensive style.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2017, 08:27 AM
No doubt the stats dictate that. The stats dictated the same thing with Kennesaw. our offense will have to be on the move in this game. If NDSU can slow down Briscoe it will be a blowout.

One way of slowing him down is keeping him on the sidelines. SHSU needs to slow down the Bison running game or this will be a rout.

IMO, the Bison defense is good enough to slow down the Sammy offense....is Sammy's defense good enough to do the same?

mmiller_34
December 10th, 2017, 08:35 AM
I voted for NDSU to win this football game.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2017, 08:53 AM
I'm looking for some reasons that Sam Houston can make this a competive game, I have a few but I don't think it will be enough.

If the Bison have a weakness, it's in the secondary and Sam Houston really struts alot of talent out there, I think they will hit on some big plays but it just won't be
enough

kind of a shame for the FCS semi final game to be over before it starts, but that's what it comes down to unfortunetly

really enjoyed watching two great FCS teams play a real playoff game last night though (despite the refs) Sam Houston vs Kennesaw was what the playoffs should be

Bison have top 40 FBS talent, could be approaching top 25

Like the ancient Romans entering the colosiem, they had no interest in seeing a fair fight, they wanted blood

First 15 rows in the Fargo dome should have a splash shield or at least no women and children allowed.....haha

centennial
December 10th, 2017, 09:02 AM
I'm looking for some reasons that Sam Houston can make this a competive game, I have a few but I don't think it will be enough.

If the Bison have a weakness, it's in the secondary and Sam Houston really struts alot of talent out there, I think they will hit on some big plays but it just won't be
enough

kind of a shame for the FCS semi final game to be over before it starts, but that's what it comes down to unfortunetly

really enjoyed watching two great FCS teams play a real playoff game last night though (despite the refs) Sam Houston vs Kennesaw was what the playoffs should be

Like the ancient Romans entering the colosiem, they had no interest in seeing a fair fight, they wanted blood

First 15 rows in the Fargo dome should have a splash shield or at least no women and children allowed.....haha

Cone on dude. Only like 30% of the NDSU team had G5/P5 offers. Majority of them only had MVFC, FCS offers.

BNATION
December 10th, 2017, 09:11 AM

enough

I honestly am not far off your prediction. Bison should win this game. But, this is football. Anything could happen. We need to keep this one within a score going into the 4th and hope that we hit some big plays. IMO SH will need a special teams/defensive score to win this game. Also will need to contain the run. I think we definitely have a chance. It's not a big one, but the non misdirection run game we have contained all year.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2017, 09:17 AM
I honestly am not far off your prediction. Bison should win this game. But, this is football. Anything could happen. We need to keep this one within a score going into the 4th and hope that we hit some big plays. IMO SH will need a special teams/defensive score to win this game. Also will need to contain the run. I think we definitely have a chance. It's not a big one, but the non misdirection run game we have contained all year.

it is real treat for a Delaware fan to watch your offense, not sure where KC is getting all those WR's but I wish he would send one "home" so to speak

Also, your Defense, played physical last night, sure they got hit for some big plays, but they played just well enough to win

AmsterBison
December 10th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Briscoe was a gunslinger yesterday! SHSU's offensive line did a good job of pass protection against KSU too.

On defense PJ Hall was pretty dang good in 2014 against NDSU when he was a true freshman but in the bits of the game I saw, #97 was dominating (maybe they were doubling PJ?)

Not sure what NDSU's game plan is going to be but I'd think that making Briscoe uncomfortable is going to be a top priority.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2017, 09:18 AM

enough

Nice troll attempt. I'm sure you'll be in full troll mode in this thread all week.

The secondary is not a weakness, they are #1 in passing yards allowed and #2 in passing efficiency defense. Their weakness is defending a mobile QB when they run/scramble.

BNATION
December 10th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Look, let's not get totally lost in the sauce. Sure the Bison are favored. Prob will be a 12 point favorite. But SDSU got a W on them and I don't think the Jackrabbits are all that dissimilar from us. I would actually pick us over them on a neutral site. So to say this game is over before it begins is foolish.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2017, 09:26 AM
Look, let's not get totally lost in the sauce. Sure the Bison are favored. Prob will be a 12 point favorite. But SDSU got a W on them and I don't think the Jackrabbits are all that dissimilar from us. I would actually pick us over them on a neutral site. So to say this game is over before it begins is foolish.

No one has said it is "over" but Sammy has proven more than once that they cannot get by a very good defensive team. Outscored a decent KSU defense last night...kudos to them.

Now if this Sammy team was bringing in their 2011 defense, then this game is a toss up IMO.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Briscoe was a gunslinger yesterday! SHSU's offensive line did a good job of pass protection against KSU too.

On defense PJ Hall was pretty dang good in 2014 against NDSU when he was a true freshman but in the bits of the game I saw, #97 was dominating (maybe they were doubling PJ?)

Not sure what NDSU's game plan is going to be but I'd think that making Briscoe uncomfortable is going to be a top priority.
Yeah, KSU's D-line was hardly even breathing on Briscoe most of that game... the NDSU pass rush will need to do better.

NDSU's CBs, like most college corners, seem to have issues getting their heads around in man coverage when the ball is in the air so I could see Briscoe throwing up a good amount of jump balls and letting his receivers make plays. NDSU's all-conference safety tandem of Dempsey and Grimsley against Briscoe and company will be an interesting chess match to watch.

I think the line will open in the 20s. So far in their first two playoff games SHSU's lines have been really skewed against them whereas NDSU's lines have really been skewed in their favor so I don't see that changing this week. SHSU, to their credit, has defied those lines but NDSU has backed them up.

FWIW Massey has NDSU as a 23.5 point favorite.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Nice troll attempt. I'm sure you'll be in full troll mode in this thread all week.

The secondary is not a weakness, they are #1 in passing yards allowed and #2 in passing efficiency defense. Their weakness is defending a mobile QB when they run/scramble.

call it anything you want but it appears anytime someone offers a different opinion than yours, you go right to the "troll" comments.... Sorry to interrupt your Bison party by positng different views. Now go back to your name calling because I'll be here all week!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2017, 09:38 AM
call it anything you want but it appears anytime someone offers a different opinion than yours, you go right to the "troll" comments.... Sorry to interrupt your Bison party by positng different views. Now go back to your name calling because I'll be here all week!

Ya, you're a freaking genius, the secondary is a weakness. #1 in passing yards allowed and #2 in passing efficiency is horse**it....yep, you are the man....awesome football mind you are....xlolx

Bisonator
December 10th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Briscoe isn't as mobile as TC. Mobile qbs are the bison weakness.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Briscoe isn't as mobile as TC. Mobile qbs are the bison weakness.

This here.

That is the Bison's defensive Achilles heel for sure.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Ya, you're a freaking genius, the secondary is a weakness. #1 in passing yards allowed and #2 in passing efficiency is horse**it....yep, you are the man....awesome football mind you are....xlolx

Proffesor Chaos expressed it better than I

"NDSU's CBs, like most college corners, seem to have issues getting their heads around in man coverage when the ball is in the air so I could see Briscoe throwing up a good amount of jump balls and letting his receivers make plays. "

So when trying to gauge this game I consider who the QB is and all the playmakers Sammy has at WR, so for me, the secondary becomes the only real area of weakness for NDSU

katss07
December 10th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Yeah, KSU's D-line was hardly even breathing on Briscoe most of that game... the NDSU pass rush will need to do better.

NDSU's CBs, like most college corners, seem to have issues getting their heads around in man coverage when the ball is in the air so I could see Briscoe throwing up a good amount of jump balls and letting his receivers make plays. NDSU's all-conference safety tandem of Dempsey and Grimsley against Briscoe and company will be an interesting chess match to watch.

I think the line will open in the 20s. So far in their first two playoff games SHSU's lines have been really skewed against them whereas NDSU's lines have really been skewed in their favor so I don't see that changing this week. SHSU, to their credit, has defied those lines but NDSU has backed them up.

FWIW Massey has NDSU as a 23.5 point favorite.
Good, because when the all powerful Massey picks against us, we tend to win. Did it against USD and Kennesaw.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Good, because when the all powerful Massey picks against us, we tend to win. Did it against USD and Kennesaw.
I know, but I'm just saying it's been the opposite the last two weeks for NDSU. They opened as about a 30 point favorite against San Diego and a 24.5 point favorite against Wofford and both weeks most everyone, Bison fans included, thought it was very unlikely the Bison would cover lines that big in either game. They covered both weeks.

BisonTru
December 10th, 2017, 10:11 AM
P.J. will play on Sundays. That's not even up for debate.

Hall is a fine player but calling him a lock for the NFL is a stretch.

Pump the brakes a little here.

THIS I COMMAND!

MR. CHICKEN
December 10th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Hall is a fine player but calling him a lock for the NFL is a stretch.

Pump the brakes a little here.

THIS I COMMAND!

.......AH'LL TAKE DUH ANNOUNCER'S WORD......B/FO' UH POSTER LAD.......WHO'S JES' DISSIN' DUH KAT FANS....xrolleyesx.....AWK!

kdinva
December 10th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Kickoff Friday nite, 8 PM, ESPN2.

katss07
December 10th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Just keep it close. Stay in it until half time. Focus on a two score game. Then make your move. This team is a top 4 team, and they can beat NDSU. Just need to play without turnovers and mental mistakes. Can we get SEC refs?

BisonTru
December 10th, 2017, 10:27 AM
.......AH'LL TAKE DUH ANNOUNCER'S WORD......B/FO' UH POSTER LAD.......WHO'S JES' DISSIN' DUH KAT FANS....xrolleyesx.....AWK!

This is going to be fun week. I forgot how sensitive the hen boys are about anything less than worship of dey ex.

You should keep getting all your draft advice from the A squad announcers on ESPN 3. 🙃

MR. CHICKEN
December 10th, 2017, 10:28 AM
....AN'...WHAA...BEAT DIS THREAD TA DEAF.......LIKE DUH WOFFORD/NDST ONE......."WOFFY D IS REAL"....."WOFFY O...EATS CLOCK....KEEP BISONSSSSS....IN CORRAL"....BISON DIS...BISON DAT....YADDAH YADDAH.......DEN AFTERAH IT'S TEED UP.....GAME OVERAH...B/4....YER SECOND BREWSKI.......xsighx......AWK!

thebootfitter
December 10th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Cone on dude. Only like 30% of the NDSU team had G5/P5 offers. Majority of them only had MVFC, FCS offers.Yeah, but when you consider the development of the players at NDSU...

I think they may have top 50 to 75 "talent," but between development and the mojo of the Bison history and Bison Pride, they perform like a top 25-50 FBS team most seasons. 2013 they were easily top 25. This year, it is hard to say for sure without at least one FBS game as a data point. (Which is a bummer.)

Last year, JMU rose to that level, showed the Bison a very good game, and beat them at home. This year, I don't think they're capable of it unless the Bison underperform.

SHSU could get exciting at times, but I think the Bison defense will stymie their offense and their usual second half let downs will be the death of their chances.

SDSU has already shown they can beat the Bison, and while I think they still have the talent and ability to do so again, I think the Bison are in playoff mode now and it would be a tall order.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Just keep it close. Stay in it until half time. Focus on a two score game. Then make your move. This team is a top 4 team, and they can beat NDSU. Just need to play without turnovers and mental mistakes. Can we get SEC refs?

At this stage of the playoffs for sure its anybody's game...It all depends on who did the best prep. Personally I was hoping we would get Kennesaw since we just had a warmup game on the TO. I'm not so sure we match up as well against SHSU.

MR. CHICKEN
December 10th, 2017, 10:31 AM
....LOOK AT POLL RESULTS.....IT'S ALREADAH....BEEN DECIDED......AWK!

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 10:36 AM
At this stage of the playoffs for sure its anybody's game...It all depends on who did the best prep. Personally I was hoping we would get Kennesaw since we just had a warmup game on the TO. I'm not so sure we match up as well against SHSU.
I think NDSU matches up pretty well with SHSU. SHSU doesn't defend the run all that well and they don't control TOP offensively (or have a mobile QB) and that's the formula to beat the Bison. It's certainly possible for it to be a game like the NDSU/Montana FCS Kickoff in 2015 was where the SHSU receivers abuse the NDSU DBs but I think it's unlikely given how well the Bison defense is playing and the fact that it's in Fargo.

100%GRIZ
December 10th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Well now the UM campus police will know where to find you!

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 10:40 AM

Noooooo! Please stay away......You doomed us last year against JMU....

katss07
December 10th, 2017, 10:41 AM
I think NDSU matches up pretty well with SHSU. SHSU doesn't defend the run all that well and they don't control TOP offensively (or have a mobile QB) and that's the formula to beat the Bison. It's certainly possible for it to be a game like the NDSU/Montana FCS Kickoff in 2015 was where the SHSU receivers abuse the NDSU DBs but I think it's unlikely given how well the Bison defense is playing and the fact that it's in Fargo.
Did you watch the game last night? Did you watch the USD game? I hope NDSU coaches have the same opinion on our running game as you do.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Did you watch the game last night? Did you watch the USD game? I hope NDSU coaches have the same opinion on our running game as you do.
I watched bits and pieces of the USD game but not much of it but I watched the whole game last night and I saw KSU run for 350 yards at 5.5 ypc. SHSU did a nice job limiting quite a few of their runs but they gave up several big plays in the run game and NDSU's run game, while a different style, is every bit as dangerous as KSU's was. Wofford, who has a much better run defense statistically than SHSU does, just gave up a season high 261 rush yards at 5.3 ypc to NDSU yesterday.

I'd guarantee you the NDSU's coaches will gameplan to run the ball and SHSU, along with everyone else the Bison have played this year, knows that.

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 10:50 AM
I watched bits and pieces of the USD game but not much of it but I watched the whole game last night and I saw KSU run for 350 yards at 5.5 ypc. SHSU did a nice job limiting quite a few of their runs but they gave up several big plays in the run game and NDSU's run game, while a different style, is every bit as dangerous as KSU's was. Wofford, who has a much better run defense statistically than SHSU does, just gave up a season high 261 rush yards at 5.3 ypc to NDSU yesterday.

I'd guarantee you the NDSU's coaches will gameplan to run the ball and SHSU, along with everyone else the Bison have played this year, knows that.

...if we stay away from the reverse and jet sweep hopefully...

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2017, 10:58 AM

I really hope it does turn out to be foolish to think that, Sammy is a great FCS team but the Bison are somehting else.

I would love to see a great game Friday night

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Brian Bell, you mean that kid that was built like the stick man from the Hangman game? NDSU destroyed that kid every game, I can remember him limping and hobbling around, looked like a 95 year old man by the end of the games.

That Brian Bell.

Bison56
December 10th, 2017, 11:08 AM

Usually do

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2017, 11:09 AM
...if we stay away from the reverse, jet sweep, and read option hopefully...

FYP

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 11:14 AM
That Brian Bell.

I thought Brian Bell did pretty well. He did look like a stick man, but he kept getting up from all the hits. That 1st game was pretty damn close.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2017, 11:14 AM
I thought Brian Bell did pretty well. He did look like a stick man, but he kept getting up from all the hits. That 1st game was pretty damn close.

1st title game Sammy had a very good defense that year.

Serpentor
December 10th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Brian Bell was a good kid and screw you guys for ----ing on him all the time.

NDSUtk
December 10th, 2017, 11:22 AM
The one thing that surprised me was hearing how SHSU averages 30+ points in the first half but only 42 for the game. And the in game thread SHSU posters were commenting about how the second half is bad for them.

To me this plays into NDSU strength. We are a second half team and usually can pull away. So if Sam doesn't get an amazing start with a big halftime lead, it won't bode well for Sam.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN

South Dakota's running game is nothing like NDSU's. You get that don't you?

Daytripper

It's what armchair athletes who couldn't get a DIII sniff do. Denigrate others.

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2017, 11:23 AM

Just to give you an idea how effective it is when NDSU runs the ball against SHSU

Part 1: 17-6
Rushing Yards: 115 on 34 attempts
TOP: 26:05

Part 2 39-13
Rushing Yards: 300 on 45 attempts
TOP: 30:13

Part 3: 35-3
Rushing Yards: 219 on 39 attempts
TOP: 31:59

(Extrapolation)

Part 4: 30-7
Rushing Yards: 211 on 39 attempts
TOP: 29:26

The thing is this was meant to show you that when NDSU runs the ball on you ever since you ignored having a defense, they have won the TOP and run the ball extremely well. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but NDSU will get their 200+ on the ground and force SHSU to run down the field on offense to keep up. It will be Power A Gap right at PJ Hall and they know it too and they will not be able to stop it.

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2017, 11:23 AM

No one is saying he was not a good kid and that first title game he was solid, he just got wrecked for having no frame.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Yeah, but when you consider the development of the players at NDSU...

I think they may have top 50 to 75 "talent," but between development and the mojo of the Bison history and Bison Pride, they perform like a top 25-50 FBS team most seasons. 2013 they were easily top 25. This year, it is hard to say for sure without at least one FBS game as a data point. (Which is a bummer.)

Last year, JMU rose to that level, showed the Bison a very good game, and beat them at home. This year, I don't think they're capable of it unless the Bison underperform.

SHSU could get exciting at times, but I think the Bison defense will stymie their offense and their usual second half let downs will be the death of their chances.

SDSU has already shown they can beat the Bison, and while I think they still have the talent and ability to do so again, I think the Bison are in playoff mode now and it would be a tall order.

excellant post

No_Skill
December 10th, 2017, 11:32 AM

He took a beating but never gave up. He seemed like a really tough kid to me. I remember a few hits where I thought he wouldn't be getting up, but up he popped and kept fighting.

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Hey everybody, the Pud is back! Just posed on Kennesaw/Sammy thread!

thebootfitter
December 10th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Brian Bell was a good kid and screw you guys for ----ing on him all the time.I have nothing but mad respect for Brian Bell. He was a gamer. Without the Bison in the way, he'd have led his team to two straight Nat'l Championships. He may not have been blessed with a beefy frame, but that kid was tough as nails!

thebootfitter
December 10th, 2017, 11:48 AM
excellant postNot sure if serious. Ha ha! Haven't quite placed your sense of humor vs trolling vs serious posts yet. (Especially with the obvious typo.)

I'm a Bison fan first so I've got a bit of bias, but I'm also a big fan of FCS football. I don't have the time for the due diligence to vote consistently each week, but I do think I've got a pretty reasonable and balanced view of the FCS landscape as a whole.

GABison
December 10th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Brian Bell and Jaybo Shaw (GaSo - 2011) - two opposing QB's that took a beating and kept getting back up. Much respect.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2017, 12:14 PM
I think SHSU can make this a 4 quarter game. They have the experience and elite talent on offense to give them a fighting chance in the Fargo Dome. Plus, despite the jokes, Keeler is a damn good coach. He's been in a lot of big games in his day. The SHSU defense has to keep NDSU in the 27-30 point range to have any chance. As good as the Bison's D, I do think the Bearkats are at SDSU's level on "O". Maybe even a little more explosive. Should be a fun a game and a more interesting week.

Any early word on a Vegas line? NDSU -13 or so?

BisonTru
December 10th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Hey everybody, the Pud is back! Just posed on Kennesaw/Sammy thread!

Where's mk? At least he throws in some clever bits every once in a while.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 12:18 PM
I think SHSU can make this a 4 quarter game. They have the experience and elite talent on offense to give them a fighting chance in the Fargo Dome. Plus, despite the jokes, Keeler is a damn good coach. He's been in a lot of big games in his day. The SHSU defense has to keep NDSU in the 27-30 point range to have any chance. As good as the Bison's D, I do think the Bearkats are at SDSU's level on "O". Maybe even a little more explosive. Should be a fun a game and a more interesting week.

If they base the opening line off the computer projections I'd expect it to fall more in the NDSU -20 range.

X-Factor
December 10th, 2017, 12:19 PM

I’d guess more like -20 or more given where the computers are at. I’d personally place heavy action at -13, but I still think this could be an interesting game. Bison need to double PJ or he could wreck a few plays.

katss07
December 10th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Why are people messing with Bell. Such a great guy and a good player. No need to **** on him.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 10th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Well now the UM campus police will know where to find you!Yeah I am pretty worried about that.........

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 10th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Noooooo! Please stay away......You doomed us last year against JMU....I know...........see you Friday

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2017, 12:59 PM
If they base the opening line off the computer projections I'd expect it to fall more in the NDSU -20 range.

Bison cover anything around 20 points IMO.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 01:04 PM
The line just opened on 5dimes as NDSU -20 and O/U of 64.5.

BisonTru
December 10th, 2017, 01:18 PM
The line just opened on 5dimes as NDSU -20 and O/U of 64.5.

The farm on the under

katstrapper
December 10th, 2017, 01:23 PM
SHSU gave up 472 yards with 352 of it being on the ground. If the Bison play like they did against Wofford, they roll SHSU.

And if pig had wings it would fly ......

So far pretty much everyone on this board has said that "SHSU gets rolled this week" and they are still standing. In the last two weeks Sam Houston has played the #2 total offense in FCS (South Dakota) and they won. This week they played the #1 rushing offense in the FCS,(Kennesaw St) and they won. 95% of their offense is running the ball so I would expect them to get their yards. At what point do you honestly sit back and say, "man this team actually deserves to be in the semi-finals".

Haters gonna hate. xrolleyesx

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Bison cover anything around 20 points IMO.

Agreed.

ST_Lawson
December 10th, 2017, 01:33 PM

Fixed it for ya...

If NDSU plays like they did today they will roll anyone outside the FBS top 25.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2017, 01:34 PM

So far pretty much everyone on this board has said that "SHSU gets rolled this week" and they are still standing. In the last two weeks Sam Houston has played the #2 total offense in FCS (South Dakota) and they won. This week they played the #1 rushing offense in the FCS,(Kennesaw St) and they won. 95% of their offense is running the ball so I would expect them to get their yards. At what point do you honestly sit back and say, "man this team actually deserves to be in the semi-finals".

Sammy has folded the last 3 years in the playoffs when they finally went up against a very good defense......35-3.....62-10....65-7...any of those ring a bell?

Bring on the video game offense, lets see how they do against this Bison defense. Bison will run all over Sammy's defense.

Not a "hater" but your defense is crap. Sammy just outscores opponents, which works in the Softland but we'll see if they prove me wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed.

Bison run for over 250....probably over 300.

sgt smash
December 10th, 2017, 01:38 PM

That is assuming things. There are like 8 birds that can’t even fly. Including Youngstown State. I think that pigs would have major stability problems in the air.

Htownbearkat
December 10th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Enough about the game, what time does the tailgating start? 5 of us coming back to the Fargodome. Had a blast last around. Other than the game.

BisonTru
December 10th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Have y'all ordered your semi finalists shirts? 😃

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Enough about the game, what time does the tailgating start? 5 of us coming back to the Fargodome. Had a blast last around. Other than the game.

5 hours before kickoff.

Bisonoline
December 10th, 2017, 01:44 PM

5.5 hours befor game time. You are welcome to join us at our tailgate. I am cooking Gumbo. West tailgate lot. Rows D&E, spots 19-25. We will also have a big white commercial tent. Also look for this trailer---

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26728&stc=1

Htownbearkat
December 10th, 2017, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=Bisonoline;2588516]5.5 hours befor game time. You are welcome to join us at our tailgate. I am cooking Gumbo. West tailgate lot. Rows D&E, spots 19-25. We will also have a big white commercial tent. Also look for this trailer---

Thank you. We will definitely come by.

BearKatProud
December 10th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Have y'all ordered your semi finalists shirts? 

They're green and yellow and say 2016 on them for some reason. xsmiley_wix

beerkat
December 10th, 2017, 01:50 PM
I wish I could be there to see what Dakota gumbo is like. I hope it is better than the mexican food I had at Montana.

TennBison
December 10th, 2017, 01:52 PM

Do you mean to say that fans of other teams who pulled for KSU to win were wrong. Just like the SHSU fans who were pulling for Wofford to win. Get out of here, your pulling my leg.

Outsider1
December 10th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Sammy, I am picking you guys this time. NDSU should still be the favorite and the game can go either way. Still, if you guys show the tenacity you did and continue to execute defensively when it counts you can do it. The stats may not show it, but you guys slowed the Kennesaw run at key intervals. I don't think it is surprising both Kennesaw and SHSU burned each other on different plays, but Sammy stepped up their defense enough. They might not have the "2011 defense", but they are showing grit. It will not be an easy win for sure!~!

BNATION
December 10th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Sammy has folded the last 3 years in the playoffs when they finally went up against a very good defense......35-3.....62-10....65-7...any of those ring a bell?

Bring on the video game offense, lets see how they do against this Bison defense. Bison will run all over Sammy's defense.

Not a "hater" but your defense is crap. Sammy just outscores opponents, which works in the Softland but we'll see if they prove me wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Bison run for over 250....probably over 300.

Wait a second, you guys said that the Kennesaw D was the real deal. Now they aren't? Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to Sybil. I personally think we will defend the run well on Friday. I think where are going to give up the big plays will be in the PA pass game, if stick is on, I see the Bison moving the chains on his arm and legs.

SH will have to move the football and score early. Corey Avery is tearing it up and did so again against a very good run D in KSU. If Briscoe can stay off his back this could be very interesting. NDSU's secondary can not man up our outside personnel.

BNATION
December 10th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Have y'all ordered your semi finalists shirts? 😃

Haha I still have my runner up shirts from 11' and 12'. Thanks. ;)

Bisonoline
December 10th, 2017, 02:15 PM
I wish I could be there to see what Dakota gumbo is like. I hope it is better than the mexican food I had at Montana.

I get my andouille sausage from LA. My recipe is from LA also that Ive fine tuned over the last 20 years. And yes I do know how to make a roux. xthumbsupx

Outsider1
December 10th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Wait a second, you guys said that the Kennesaw D was the real deal. Now they aren't? Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to Sybil. I personally think we will defend the run well on Friday. I think where are going to give up the big plays will be in the PA pass game, if stick is on, I see the Bison moving the chains on his arm and legs.

SH will have to move the football and score early. Corey Avery is tearing it up and did so again against a very good run D in KSU. If Briscoe can stay off his back this could be very interesting. NDSU's secondary can not man up our outside personnel.

Exactly BNATION. NDSU is the real deal, but I think you guys show you can step up. Yes you guys jumped out early, but if you guys hadn't had stepped up your defense as well the game could have been different. Kennesaw slowed you guys down some, but you still outplayed them as good as they are.

BNATION
December 10th, 2017, 02:24 PM
I get my andouille sausage from LA. My recipe is from LA also that Ive fine tuned over the last 20 years. And yes I do know how to make a roux. xthumbsupx

Impressed. I have a lot of coworkers in ND who love the Bison and coming down to Texas to drink beer and eat good Cajun food. Like I said. As far as what you people like, Beer, football, and food, you are high on my "likable" list. I just hate your football team ;).

katss07
December 10th, 2017, 02:32 PM
What this Kats team needs to do is install a good gameplan and come out with energy. Play freely. We can beat the Bison if we can get to Stick and stuff the run game. JB needs to do his thing. Quite honestly, I am just happy to be here. Keep it close and don’t give up. Proud to be a Bearkat.

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 03:50 PM
They're green and yellow and say 2016 on them for some reason. xsmiley_wix

Yes....I'm never as confident as my brethren...I've seen to much erratic play.

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 03:51 PM

B-Oline lived down south; I've heard its legendary.

Katfan
December 10th, 2017, 04:59 PM
First of all, never admit you ate Mexican food outside of Texas. **** no wonder we get no respect. Second, the man uses andouille, has a recipe from LA(probably just like my grandma’s that’s been handed down for generations and knows how to make a roux. Much respect. I’m thinking about coming to the game with my son who is a current student. If we do I’d love to have a bowl and compare notes.

Bisonwinagn
December 10th, 2017, 04:59 PM

Any injury update on your top receiver? How much difference does it make or do you have other guys to fill in that it won't make much difference?

Katfan
December 10th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Any injury update on your top receiver? How much difference does it make or do you have other guys to fill in that it won't make much difference?
It’s hard to replace 21 TDs

Hammerhead
December 10th, 2017, 05:30 PM
In other words, if you can stop the run and stop the pass you can win the game. I don't see either of those happening.

What this Kats team needs to do is install a good gameplan and come out with energy. Play freely. We can beat the Bison if we can get to Stick and stuff the run game. JB needs to do his thing. Quite honestly, I am just happy to be here. Keep it close and don’t give up. Proud to be a Bearkat.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 05:36 PM
In other words, if you can stop the run and stop the pass you can win the game. I don't see either of those happening.
Getting to Stick might be possible. For as good as the NDSU O-line has been running the ball they seem to struggle with pass pro. Stick is awful slippery back there though.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Fixed it for ya...

Totally agree

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed it for ya...

Totally agree

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Totally agree

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree

taking lessons from Donnie Two-times?

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2017, 06:43 PM

ha, funny you mention that considering Im in Brooklyn right now, maybe I had one eye on the door

Katfan
December 10th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Getting to Stick might be possible. For as good as the NDSU O-line has been running the ball they seem to struggle with pass pro. Stick is awful slippery back there though.
That will kill us

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 07:20 PM

I've sometimes heard that the team that holds the other team to less points then they have might win.

katss07
December 10th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Didn’t say we can stop the pass. Said we needed to hit your quarterback. Two different things. One maybe translates to another, but I would rather have NDSU run.

Katfan
December 10th, 2017, 07:28 PM
I've sometimes heard that the team that holds the other team to less points then they have might win.
Wow that’s good because if it was TOP we’d lose every game.

McNeese72
December 10th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Well, I will be pulling for Sam Houston in this game. But I don't think it is going to end very well for them. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a SDSU and NDSU NC game.

Just being realistic,
Doc

Katfan
December 10th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Well, I will be pulling for Sam Houston in this game. But I don't think it is going to end very well for them. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a SDSU and NDSU NC game.

Just being realistic,
Doc
Thank you for your support!

McNeese72
December 10th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Thank you for your support!

Like I said, I will be rooting for you guys but I'm not very optimistic.

Doc

KUlawJack
December 10th, 2017, 08:05 PM
Didn’t say we can stop the pass. Said we needed to hit your quarterback. Two different things. One maybe translates to another, but I would rather have NDSU run.

I don’t think that’s what you want at all. I’ve watched many an NDSU team grind SDSU into dust late in games because NDSU remained committed to the run, even if it wasn’t working to break big plays or put together long drives early on. If NDSU is running the football frequently, I expect the dam to break late in the second half and then the blood letting begins.

Schism55
December 10th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Lots of very odd postings that quote other posts lately xeyebrowx A few of em are repeat offenders lol

BNATION
December 10th, 2017, 08:40 PM

They are being a little quiet but I have heard from a coach that he is out for next week. Did not elaborate on the injury. It will make a difference but we are deepest at that position. We will miss him quite a bit (SLC player of the year), but Yedi Lewis is now healthy and we have two other big time receivers that any team in the country would love to have at any level.

BNATION
December 10th, 2017, 09:12 PM
They are being a little quiet but I have heard from a coach that he is out for next week. Did not elaborate on the injury. It will make a difference but we are deepest at that position. We will miss him quite a bit (SLC player of the year), but Yedi Lewis is now healthy and we have two other big time receivers that any team in the country would love to have at any level.

High ankle.

katss07
December 10th, 2017, 09:58 PM
High ankle.

Despite Yedi leaving, Stewart and Davis will both be back for a few more seasons, correct?

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 06:37 AM
Despite Yedi leaving, Stewart and Davis will both be back for a few more seasons, correct?

Correct. Have two good young receivers as well. Compton in 6'3" and has good ball skills.

katss07
December 11th, 2017, 06:43 AM
Correct. Have two good young receivers as well. Compton in 6'3" and has good ball skills.

****, forgot about Compton. If he gets a little quicker he could be a second Yedi Louis next year. He didn’t do much against Kennesaw. We also need Bulmer to get more explosive for next year. He can power ahead for 6 yards but guys always seem to catch him when he breaks free.

dewey
December 11th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about SHSU's head coach KC Keeper and how this writer appreciates his confidence and honesty.

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/12/10/keeler-doesnt-lack-confidence-words-or-playoff-wins/

If you SHSU fans come across an article from your local paper post it up here. I love reading stuff all week.

Dewey

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 07:12 AM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about SHSU's head coach KC Keeper and how this writer appreciates his confidence and honesty.

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/12/10/keeler-doesnt-lack-confidence-words-or-playoff-wins/

If you SHSU fans come across an article from your local paper post it up here. I love reading stuff all week.

Dewey

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/sam_houston_state_university_bearkats/next-stop-fargo-sam-houston-state-survives-late-kennesaw-state/article_f58583ce-8977-593e-b171-10a81605ea0e.html

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2017, 07:40 AM
I'll give them this, SHSU's skill players have some top notch names. Hopefully the Bison defense can contain Remus and Yedediah.

On another note one thing that makes SHSU dangerous in this game is they're playing with absolutely nothing to lose. They've already gone further than their seed said they should and very few outside Huntsville are giving them much of a shot to win. Teams can respond very well to the "us against the world" mentality and SHSU coaches can easily play that card this week.

katstrapper
December 11th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Wait a second, you guys said that the Kennesaw D was the real deal. Now they aren't? Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to Sybil.

EXACTLY.

Before the game........... "The Kennesaw defense is the real deal" , "No way Sam Houston beats South Dakota"

After the game ............ " Sam Houston beat a decent defense" , " Sam Houston beat the #6 team in the Valley"

xnodx

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2017, 08:03 AM
EXACTLY.

Before the game........... "The Kennesaw defense is the real deal" , "No way Sam Houston beats South Dakota"

After the game ............ " Sam Houston beat a decent defense" , " Sam Houston beat the #6 team in the Valley"

xnodx
Just wait until the pre-Frisco game thread... you can just add the "beat a soft Sam Houston team with no defense" to the end of comments like these (from the JMU/SDSU thread):

Also known as not blowing out a non-scholarship D3 equivalent [San Diego] and a team that has no business being seeded in hindsight [Wofford]. How dare we not blow out a 8-10 rank team and then go toe to toe with the 4th ranked team.

xthumbsupx

Disclaimer: I know that Sammy has a defense with some very good individual players but if the Bison beat them that'll be the song and dance going into Frisco.

katstrapper
December 11th, 2017, 08:06 AM

If there is any way Davion Davis can get on the field he will. There was a game earlier in the year when Yedi was hurt that he hurt his ankle and he basically forced himself back on the field and finished the game with 2 tds. The kid is tough as nails. As you say, the best part of this is that this team is VERY deep at wide receiver. Look for Coree Compton to take his place, Jaylen Harris can play slot and maybe they can get Tyler Scott back as well. Scott got hurt in the South Dakota game.

The kid I wish could get on the field is Marquis Bates (6-5, 215).

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 08:07 AM
EXACTLY.

xnodx Bottom line is we will never get that respect until we go into a place like Fargo and get a win. Being a perrinial top 4 team or top 8 team just wont do it in other folks eyes. Our kids are hungry this year. I spoke with some of the players yesterday and they are beyond excited to go up to Fargo. They want this game, and want to put the talk to rest about "Soft Houston", they hear it as much as we do and they are going to play with their hair on fire Friday. Hall and Stewart will be forces for the NDSU offensive line to handle, you cant double both guys. Lets get it!!!!

katstrapper
December 11th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Just wait until the pre-Frisco game thread... you can just add the "beat a soft Sam Houston team with no defense" to the end of comments like these (from the JMU/SDSU thread):

xthumbsupx

Disclaimer: I know that Sammy has a defense with some very good individual players but if the Bison beat them that'll be the song and dance going into Frisco.

Kat defense actually has quite a few very good players, but many of them have only been with the team a year or less than a year. In all honesty, the biggest struggle the Kat D has had this year is with the secondary. There are three true freshman playing, two at corner and one at safety. Overall I would say these kids have played very well the majority of the season, but they have their moments.

Here is another thing people do not think about. Clayton Carlin is the third defensive coordinator in 3 years at Sam Houston. (Mike Colllins, Brad Sherrod and now Clayton Carlin). It took Scott Stoker at least two years to get the defense together and playing his style.(And man do I miss that defense)

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Here is another thing people do not think about. Clayton Carlin is the third defensive coordinator in 3 years at Sam Houston. (Mike Colllins, Brad Sherrod and now Clayton Carlin). It took Scott Stoker at least two years to get the defense together and playing his style.(And man do I miss that defense)
That is a big deal. Have the new DCs tried to change schemes much? I still have nightmares about NDSU's 2009 defense when they hired a retread DC from some FBS school that tried to turn them into a 3-4 defense despite not having recruited the LBs to play that kind of the defense and the results and record (3-8 that year) reflected it. He "left" after 1 year and they replaced him with an assistant that brought back the old 4-3 Tampa 2 defense that the Bison ran so well during the D1 transition years and it's never changed since.

Continuity in the coaching staff is a huge deal that probably does go underappreciated from the average fan. You can maintain continuity despite losing an assistant or two here or there but 3 different DCs in 3 years is probably a little too much coaching attrition to handle in order to maintain that continuity.

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 08:36 AM
That is a big deal. Have the new DCs tried to change schemes much? I still have nightmares about NDSU's 2009 defense when they hired a retread DC from some FBS school that tried to turn them into a 3-4 defense despite not having recruited the LBs to play that kind of the defense and the results and record (3-8 that year) reflected it. He "left" after 1 year and they replaced him with an assistant that brought back the old 4-3 Tampa 2 defense that the Bison ran so well during the D1 transition years and it's never changed since.

Continuity in the coaching staff is a huge deal that probably does go underappreciated from the average fan. You can maintain continuity despite losing an assistant or two here or there but 3 different DCs in 3 years is probably a little too much coaching attrition to handle in order to maintain that continuity. 100%, its not a player issue, we have the athletes to match up with anyone, its a defensive discipline that we lack and that comes from coaching. Once these kids buy in and sell out they will be a good defense. Great news is Stewart will be back next year wrecking havoc on offenses. We will miss Hall alot.

Thunderstruck
December 11th, 2017, 09:02 AM
SHSU better get the ball out of Briscoe's hands quickly. The Bison front 7..and CB's..will bring pressure every drop back. If Briscoe can not handle the pressure...this on is over by halftime. If Briscoe, stands in, handles the pressure, this one will be decided in the 3rd. Either way Bison move on to Frisco 44-21.

The only way SHSU's defense slows down the Bison offense is if the Bison are gift wrapping turnovers for them. Anderson will have a big day running the ball between the tackles, the TE's will have a couple TD's and the Fargodome will have "God Bless Texas" playing all through the 4th quarter.

Bison56
December 11th, 2017, 09:06 AM

xthumbsupx

The "easy bracket" crying is beyond ridiculous.

This will be a close game if SHSU can protect Briscoe.

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 09:15 AM
The "easy bracket" crying is beyond ridiculous.

This will be a close game if SHSU can protect Briscoe. Protection will be key, if we can give him time he will get his yards.

Bison56
December 11th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Protection will be key, if we can give him time he will get his yards.

No doubt if he has time he will pick the defense apart. I'm not real high on NDSU DBs having to cover for an extended time.

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2017, 09:35 AM
No doubt if he has time he will pick the defense apart. I'm not real high on NDSU DBs having to cover for an extended time.

be careful, you might get called a troll for voicing that opinion, unless your pulling a Thumper

TheEagleSHSU
December 11th, 2017, 10:06 AM
If there is any way Davion Davis can get on the field he will. There was a game earlier in the year when Yedi was hurt that he hurt his ankle and he basically forced himself back on the field and finished the game with 2 tds. The kid is tough as nails. As you say, the best part of this is that this team is VERY deep at wide receiver. Look for Coree Compton to take his place, Jaylen Harris can play slot and maybe they can get Tyler Scott back as well. Scott got hurt in the South Dakota game.

The kid I wish could get on the field is Marquis Bates (6-5, 215).

Apparently, Bates has a set of stone hands and can't catch. Speed to burn anyone, just needs that stick'em from that kid in Little Giants.

Serpentor
December 11th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Apparently, Bates has a set of stone hands and can't catch. Speed to burn anyone, just needs that stick'em from that kid in Little Giants.

Will Keeler pull "The Annexation of Puerto Rico" out of his playback this Friday?

katss07
December 11th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Our receiver and rb group is set for the future. With all the young guys, we will have a group just as good as now for years to come. And with Davis and Stewart still so young, we should be fine. Also, I think our defense will only improve. Just need to hope Griffen develops.

Serpentor
December 11th, 2017, 11:12 AM
Our receiver and rb group is set for the future. With all the young guys, we will have a group just as good as now for years to come. And with Davis and Stewart still so young, we should be fine. Also, I think our defense will only improve. Just need to hope Griffen develops.

Agreed. I really liked Corey Compton this year, what little we saw of him. He'll be a nice replacement for Yedi next year.

TheEagleSHSU
December 11th, 2017, 11:34 AM

I don’t see Griffin getting the nod next year. I see Ty Brock being the guy for the next 4 years. His ability to take off and run as well as his effectiveness has a passer will show out. Griffin is similar to Brock, just think TYB shows out to be better.

From what I understand, Davion Davis will be able to go. Roberson #49 DE took a helmet to the knee Saturday, i’m hearing the Kats will be All Gas & No Brakes for Friday night.

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 11:44 AM
I don’t see Griffin getting the nod next year. I see Ty Brock being the guy for the next 4 years. His ability to take off and run as well as his effectiveness has a passer will show out. Griffin is similar to Brock, just think TYB shows out to be better.

From what I understand, Davion Davis will be able to go. Roberson #49 DE took a helmet to the knee Saturday, i’m hearing the Kats will be All Gas & No Brakes for Friday night.

&@$! Yea!

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 11:48 AM
My misplaced bearkat optimism is now at all time high! Let's take it to em in Bisonland.

Daytripper
December 11th, 2017, 11:54 AM
My misplaced bearkat optimism is now at all time high! Let's take it to em in Bisonland.

Misplaced, maybe. Understandable, absolutely!

Daytripper
December 11th, 2017, 11:56 AM

Griffin will be a junior and Brock will be a red-shirt freshman next year. Unless Brock absolutely blows Griffin out of the water, I think Griffin will be given his chance. If he falters, then you might see Brock.

Sammy94
December 11th, 2017, 11:57 AM

That is optimistic for Davis, hope it is true. That Roberson hit was 3 feet in front of me, he was back in the game afterwards so no issues there.

Nickels
December 11th, 2017, 12:29 PM
I'll give them this, SHSU's skill players have some top notch names. Hopefully the Bison defense can contain Remus and Yedediah.

On another note one thing that makes SHSU dangerous in this game is they're playing with absolutely nothing to lose. They've already gone further than their seed said they should and very few outside Huntsville are giving them much of a shot to win. Teams can respond very well to the "us against the world" mentality and SHSU coaches can easily play that card this week.
Honestly this is the loosest I've ever seen the program heading into Bison week. No pressure. Nothing to lose.

Very proud of the guys for turning things around this year. They're starting to play to their full potential. Just need a little more consistency.

POD Knows
December 11th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Honestly this is the loosest I've ever seen the program heading into Bison week. No pressure. Nothing to lose.

Very proud of the guys for turning things around this year. They're starting to play to their full potential. Just need a little more consistency.
Did you have a lot of pressure on you before the 2014 game with the Bison and if you had pressure, why, nobody expected you to win that game either.

That being said, I would much rather had KSU in this game because it would have been a blow out as big as the Wofford game. SHSU is a bit of wild card.

mcveyrl
December 11th, 2017, 12:55 PM
NDSU is 0-1 against universities named after historical figures in the FCS semifinals at the FargoDome....they're doomed.

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2017, 01:00 PM
NDSU is 0-1 against universities named after historical figures in the FCS semifinals at the FargoDome....they're doomed.

They already beat SHSU in the semis.

mcveyrl
December 11th, 2017, 01:04 PM
They already beat SHSU in the semis.

Dang...knew I should've researched that one better. I was only thinking of the finals...

Still, they're 1-1 and that ain't great.

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Dang...knew I should've researched that one better. I was only thinking of the finals...

I'd take a 26-2 record in the playoffs any day of the week though.

Bison56
December 11th, 2017, 01:45 PM

xlolx you might be on to something or on something.

mcveyrl
December 11th, 2017, 01:49 PM
xlolx you might be on to something or on something.

Or both...xeyebrowx

But if SHSU wins, expect SDSU to change their name to George McGovern U...

centennial
December 11th, 2017, 01:58 PM
SHSU is a quick strike offense. NDSU is probably top 2-3 defenses in the FCS.

These things don't go together. Add the TOP game, this matchup really doesn't suit SHSU. SHSU needs to start fast and make NDSU throw more. The problem is Easton is a good QB.

So back to last week, SHSU can beat NDSU if East on throws 2 picks. Then SHSU can slow down NDSU's rushing attack. It's a tall task but SDSU did do it this season.

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 02:19 PM
SHSU is a quick strike offense. NDSU is probably top 2-3 defenses in the FCS.

These things don't go together. Add the TOP game, this matchup really doesn't suit SHSU. SHSU needs to start fast and make NDSU throw more. The problem is Easton is a good QB.

So back to last week, SHSU can beat NDSU if East on throws 2 picks. Then SHSU can slow down NDSU's rushing attack. It's a tall task but SDSU did do it this season. Agree i actually think we would be favored in a game with SDSU. This will be a fight to stay in the game. I'm hoping for a good showing and respectable game between two great teams. I would love to see our kids get that monkey off their back.

centennial
December 11th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Agree i actually think we would be favored in a game with SDSU. This will be a fight to stay in the game. I'm hoping for a good showing and respectable game between two great teams. I would love to see our kids get that monkey off their back.

SDSU has a first round TE and probably a 3-5th round receiver, and a QB that will get a look in a camp somewhere. Defense is better than what you saw vs USD (with 5 starters out). Their QB is more mobile than Easton although not as elusive a runner. They aren't a joke and are playing well. But a shoot out doesn't necessarily favor SHSU against them. It would be an interesting matchup.

Sammy94
December 11th, 2017, 03:55 PM
SDSU has a first round TE and probably a 3-5th round receiver, and a QB that will get a look in a camp somewhere. Defense is better than what you saw vs USD (with 5 starters out). Their QB is more mobile than Easton although not as elusive a runner. They aren't a joke and are playing well. But a shoot out doesn't necessarily favor SHSU against them. It would be an interesting matchup.

Hopefully we see it in a few weeks.

MrLahey
December 11th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Hopefully we see it in a few weeks.

They should carry the channel in your area

Daytripper
December 11th, 2017, 04:01 PM
They should carry the channel in your area

Hope my antenna picks it up...

X-Factor
December 11th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Agree i actually think we would be favored in a game with SDSU. This will be a fight to stay in the game. I'm hoping for a good showing and respectable game between two great teams. I would love to see our kids get that monkey off their back.

Really? I don’t think SHSU would be favored at all against the Jacks. In fact I think that would be a boat race. SHSU simply doesn’t have the defensive secondary to stop their TE and WR.

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Really? I don’t think SHSU would be favored at all against the Jacks. In fact I think that would be a boat race. SHSU simply doesn’t have the defensive secondary to stop their TE and WR. Agree to disagree.....

cx500d
December 11th, 2017, 04:23 PM

Sam Houston isn't historical, he's mythical.

Thunderstruck
December 11th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Really? I don’t think SHSU would be favored at all against the Jacks. In fact I think that would be a boat race. SHSU simply doesn’t have the defensive secondary to stop their TE and WR.

Agree to disagree.....

Guess we will see Friday if SHSU can slow RJ and Bison TE's down... SDSU has a very special duo....very special.

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 05:05 PM
Guess we will see Friday if SHSU can slow RJ and Bison TE's down... SDSU has a very special duo....very special.

Absolutely, I would like to see us meet SDSU should we get by NDSU. (I know I know we don't have a chance.)

cx500d
December 11th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Absolutely, I would like to see us meet SDSU should we get by NDSU. (I know I know we don't have a chance.)

At this point, I'd say its 50/50. Depends which one of our teams shows up.

Daytripper
December 11th, 2017, 05:27 PM

Sam Houston is the greatest Texan of all. He is both historical and mythical. His life has great significance. The myth that has been created around him is so very Texas....

katss07
December 11th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Really? As far as I know he was the first president of Texas.

cx500d
December 11th, 2017, 05:59 PM

Seriously bro?

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 06:01 PM

Oh he's as mythical as they come. I like to picture my Sam Houston singing lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd, Santa Anna is in the corner crying like a bitch and I'm front row hammered drunk.

katss07
December 11th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Oh he's as mythical as they come. I like to picture my Sam Houston singing lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd, Santa Anna is in the corner crying like a bitch and I'm front row hammered drunk.

Sounds about right, but why is Santa Anna still alive?

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 06:16 PM

So we can all humiliate him, pour beers on him, cuss him out, and kick him at our leisure. It's a part of the experience. With a membership you get 100% access to denigrate the Mexican Napoleon.

cx500d
December 11th, 2017, 06:19 PM

You are confusing him with his cousin, Santa Claus

Bisonoline
December 11th, 2017, 06:21 PM
You are confusing him with his cousin, Santa Claus

There is no Sanity Clause.

cx500d
December 11th, 2017, 06:22 PM
There is no Sanity Clause.

Wrong thread...NotTru is in the lounge.

TennBison
December 11th, 2017, 06:34 PM

Yeah, but the Bison are undefeated against all teams with coaches born in 1962 in Juno Alaska on January 18th at 10:36pm and 24 seconds. Top that.

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 07:47 PM
By the way Lakes is on Katfans

Daytripper
December 11th, 2017, 07:56 PM

Keep him around so we can put him in a Christmas song..???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P37xPiRz1sg

BisonBacker
December 11th, 2017, 08:32 PM

God help you xlolx

Daytripper
December 11th, 2017, 08:35 PM
God help you xlolx

Like Texas itself, we have the most inclusive fan board in FCS.....

Bisonator
December 11th, 2017, 08:53 PM
So it's good ole SHSU again this year. Don't you guys get sick of losing to the Bison in the playoffs? Well I suppose you're used to it by now. xlolx

Ending
SHSU's
Playoffs
Never gets old!

Daytripper
December 11th, 2017, 08:59 PM
So it's good ole SHSU again this year. Don't you guys get sick of losing to the Bison in the playoffs? Well I suppose you're used to it by now. xlolx

Ending
SHSU's
Playoffs
Never gets old!

We don't get to choose our opponents. Win or lose, we will keep trying.

Excellent
Sammy
Punks
N​dsu

Bisonoline
December 11th, 2017, 09:36 PM

xsmileyclapxxsalutexxdizzyx

katss07
December 11th, 2017, 09:38 PM

Ending
SHSU's
Playoffs
Never gets old!

Damn! Thats a new one! Slap that onto a sign for the game. I’m sick of seeing the boring “Even Stanta Picks NDSU” sign your students bring out to every game. I mean, they use that at the spring game probably. I’ve seen it millions of times. Mix it up a bit! And what is with the neon tux that one gal always wears??

And I swear the only thing that the announcers will talk about is the noise. They act like they haven’t heard it before! Yes it is loud. But shut up about it. I guarantee on every got dam third down they will talk about the decibel count. Shut up! No one cares. It gets sooooo old.

ngineer
December 11th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Bison by 14. Defense wins championships and SHSU has none. The Dome will not be kind.

Bisonator
December 11th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Damn! Thats a new one! Slap that onto a sign for the game. I’m sick of seeing the boring “Even Stanta Picks NDSU” sign your students bring out to every game. I mean, they use that at the spring game probably. I’ve seen it millions of times. Mix it up a bit! And what is with the neon tux that one gal always wears??

And I swear the only thing that the announcers will talk about is the noise. They act like they haven’t heard it before! Yes it is loud. But shut up about it. I guarantee on every got dam third down they will talk about the decibel count. Shut up! No one cares. It gets sooooo old.

Most Bison fans would agree with you.xlolx
It hasn't been real loud since 2012. Or cold;)

Bison56
December 11th, 2017, 09:57 PM

I think the real issue here is that you are sick of seei.g NDSU winning.:D

Green1
December 11th, 2017, 10:18 PM
I think the real issue here is that you are sick of seei.g NDSU winning.:D

If I was a SHSU backer, I would be sick of NDSU winning at our expense also.

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2017, 10:21 PM
I think JMU will benefit some for playing Weber State because Weber had some good skill at the skill positions and exposed JMU's # 1 rated Defense by hitting on some big plays. #87 for Weber was a stud and #4 showed his speed. This should allow JMU staff to shore things up a bit going into the South Dakota State game.
So if JMU shuts down the Rabbits a bit, thank Weber State for the help.

I'm going with Defense and Mr. Schor having a better game and JMU will take this game in a Fruit of the Loomer.... hold on tight

SDSU on the road, and far from the stillness of Brookings, SD.... Who knows, the excitement of getting out of Dodge City might actually invigorate the Rabbits...

and let's not forget that SDSU impressively beat up on a team that was lucky to get in, New Hampshire was shut out by Albany just a few weeks ago .... not really that good of a football team

Ill take the home team in this one

having said all that, this is great match up and looking forward to watching this one ....

katss07
December 11th, 2017, 10:24 PM
I’m taking both of the away teams in the semis. One is a homer pick, the other isn’t. But the Kats have a chance to shock everyone.

Nickels
December 11th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Did you have a lot of pressure on you before the 2014 game with the Bison and if you had pressure, why, nobody expected you to win that game either.

That being said, I would much rather had KSU in this game because it would have been a blow out as big as the Wofford game. SHSU is a bit of wild card.
No but that was a very young team with a first year head coach. They really had no business even making it to that game. Hell they lost a couple of conference games and even to a D2. They eventually got beat down in the trenches late but played you guys pretty tough for a half. Hard to judge the Wentz Bison vs the current, but we're certainly better on both sides of the ball than 2014.

I like the Bison big win last week, JMU/SDSU lingering in the back of the their heads, no weather worries, our history with NDSU and Bison confidence because of it. In general, I feel the entire program is much more excited than nervous this time around...I really wish it would have been on Saturday so I could have gone but I'm stoked none-the-less.

Nickels
December 11th, 2017, 10:32 PM
If I was a SHSU backer, I would be sick of NDSU winning at our expense also.
Honestly If we cant win it, I'd rather you guys win than some other douches. You guys are going to be you anyway. Atleast we dont have another group of self-important asshats running around here.

Green1
December 11th, 2017, 10:38 PM
No but that was a very young team with a first year head coach. They really had no business even making it to that game. Hell they lost a couple of conference games and even to a D2. They eventually got beat down in the trenches late but played you guys pretty tough for a half. Hard to judge the Wentz Bison vs the current, but we're certainly better on both sides of the ball than 2014.

I like the Bison big win last week, JMU/SDSU lingering in the back of the their heads, no weather worries, our history with NDSU and Bison confidence because of it. In general, I feel the entire program is much more excited than nervous this time around...I really wish it would have been on Saturday so I could have gone but I'm stoked none-the-less.

That is too bad. The Fabulous Fargodome is magical at night playoff games. People pull out all the stops for this tailgate. Christmas is in the air with lights and decorations. Excitement of the fans is enhanced by the night atmosphere and the unique situation of football after dark. Temps. will be good this year, so lots of movement from tailgate to tailgate by the fans. It will feel like a winter wonderland/carnival/concert. Looking forward to this one and wish more of you all could be there.

Green1
December 11th, 2017, 10:41 PM
Honestly If we cant win it, I'd rather you guys win than some other douches. You guys are going to be you anyway. Atleast we dont have another group of self-important asshats running around here.

This will sound weird but I get where you are coming from... Lol. xthumbsupx

BNATION
December 12th, 2017, 05:38 AM
This will sound weird but I get where you are coming from... Lol. xthumbsupx

Agreed. Once again if we lose Friday we will lose to the National Champions and everyone will say we suck hahaha.

dewey
December 12th, 2017, 06:04 AM
Agreed. Once again if we lose Friday we will lose to the National Champions and everyone will say we suck hahaha.

Crazy how if you are one of the last 4 teams you suck.

Dewey

TennBison
December 12th, 2017, 06:14 AM

The honesty of it isn't that you guys suck. It is the usual dramatic fashion in which your team usually losses that one big playoff game each year that gets you a rep. And the usual heavy dose of trash talking that went with it from your fans. This year you seem to have toned it down quite a bit from years past.

Daytripper
December 12th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Crazy how if you are one of the last 4 teams you suck.

Dewey

I know. But everybody on here sees it. I get that losing the final game of the season in poor fashion leaves a bad taste in the mouth of people, but that final loss shouldn't take away from the wins that got them to this point. We are disrespected and dimissed on a consistent basis more than other teams that don't get as far a we do..

Katfan
December 12th, 2017, 06:24 AM
The honesty of it isn't that you guys suck. It is the usual dramatic fashion in which your team usually losses that one big playoff game each year that gets you a rep. And the usual heavy dose of trash talking that went with it from your fans. This year you seem to have toned it down quite a bit from years past.
I think you guys have toned it down as well. This thread is actually better than I thought it would be. Looking forward to playing in the Fargodome. Illl be there Friday night!

Bison56
December 12th, 2017, 06:34 AM

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/600x600/2994/snob.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiQ2ILsvITYAhUJ4YMKHdvtAdgQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmemegenerator.net%2FSnob&psig=AOvVaw2l8VEqmhlqLSjAeYqXXyNI&ust=1513168153474383)

BNATION
December 12th, 2017, 06:36 AM
https://memegenerator.net/img/images/600x600/2994/snob.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiQ2ILsvITYAhUJ4YMKHdvtAdgQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmemegenerator.net%2FSnob&psig=AOvVaw2l8VEqmhlqLSjAeYqXXyNI&ust=1513168153474383)

Hahahahaha, forgive me if I don't faint. I just have a feeling that it's going to be more of a dog fight than people are thinking....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2017, 06:38 AM
]Bison by 14[/B]. Defense wins championships and SHSU has none. The Dome will not be kind.

This here or more!

SHSU's defense is 107/123 in yards allowed (439/game) and giving up 180 rushing yards/game. They also give up 30 points/game. This will be a rout if the Bison can eat clock running the ball.

NDSU has a championship caliber defense and SHSU does not. Pretty easy to pick a winner in this one.

35-3
62-10
65-7

What was the common factor in those blowouts that ended SHSU's last three seasons? Yep, the other team had a great defense....xnodx

BisonBacker
December 12th, 2017, 06:39 AM
I think you guys have toned it down as well. This thread is actually better than I thought it would be. Looking forward to playing in the Fargodome. Illl be there Friday night!

Will this be your first trip to the Dome? Safe travels.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2017, 07:04 AM
Sammy fans: I counted 25 FBS dropdowns and Juco transfers on your roster. Is that a normal amount every year?

BNATION
December 12th, 2017, 07:39 AM
Sammy fans: I counted 25 FBS dropdowns and Juco transfers on your roster. Is that a normal amount every year?

As of late yes it is. I personally would like us to go get tough kids who got overlooked who have a nose for the ball and know how to tackle, then put 30-50lbs on them over three years and develop these kids. Aka NDSU. The kid who is 6'2" and 185lbs but mean and a football player. By his junior year he's 6'2" 225 and is force at linebacker

Serpentor
December 12th, 2017, 08:44 AM

I think the biggest trolls on both sides have been purged, or lost interest.

Outsider1
December 12th, 2017, 08:56 AM
As of late yes it is. I personally would like us to go get tough kids who got overlooked who have a nose for the ball and know how to tackle, then put 30-50lbs on them over three years and develop these kids. Aka NDSU. The kid who is 6'2" and 185lbs but mean and a football player. By his junior year he's 6'2" 225 and is force at linebacker

Man that sort of program would be sweet!!

Bearkat04
December 12th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Man that sort of program would be sweet!!

As long as keeler is here I bet you see our number of transfers drop. Remember he came here and we ran a completely different offensive scheme. He stated that he wanted bigger OLineman so he went and got them. He's been recruiting his style of guys now for a few years so we should see that number drop. Sure there are always gonna be the guys that you just can't pass up on the talent. As it is you rarely see SHSU take a transfer that doesn't have AT LEAST 2-3 years of eligibility

BNATION
December 12th, 2017, 09:52 AM
All recruiting and bs aside. I have a declaration to make. After much thought and consideration to both teams, mystic me says the SHSU Bearkats, of "Soft Houston', of the "Softland Conference", get their balls back Friday night. That is all...

Outsider1
December 12th, 2017, 09:58 AM
We are still heavier on the transfers, but have begun to increase our redshirts. I hope Sammy's balls show up bigtime... Did that come out right??? Oh well, do the SLC proud!!

Bison56
December 12th, 2017, 10:15 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9JfH4If8MIlLgx3-FJysHiLE-XHFRqcDQB2H4J50GBZCN9iJv (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjCsoaZ74TYAhWk3YMKHXCpAqoQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmemegenerator.net%2Finstance%2F7 2506809%2Fanchorman-will-ferrell-its-getting-weird-in-here-and-i-like-it&psig=AOvVaw2E0dAwqC7jK1-6ch2FnY82&ust=1513181631528973)

katstrapper
December 12th, 2017, 10:20 AM

Honestly , who cares if the roster has transfers? Those kids are going to go somewhere and play football, why not at Sam Houston? Many of those kids that bounce back are from Texas and realize things are not going to work out or they got hurt and buried in the depth chart when healthy. Many of them want to get back close to home as well . Most of the transfers that have come in have been redshirt freshman or sophomores AND SHSU gets their share of Jr College transfers. Many of the kids that get recruited out of high school wind up being redshirted anyway.

KCK had a great recruiting class this year and overall has done a phenomenal recruiting job since his arrival. 4 of those he recruited this year are either starting or seeing significant playing time on the defensive side of the ball as true freshman.

BNATION
December 12th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Only drawback is the system and culture can suffer. This is why the best programs in CFB do not do much with transfers. I am glad we do because we got kids like Stewart, and Briscoe. But we have got as many busts from highly touted transfers. Remember the TCU linebacker. Guy looked lost on the field.

Honestly , who cares if the roster has transfers? Those kids are going to go somewhere and play football, why not at Sam Houston? Many of those kids that bounce back are from Texas and realize things are not going to work out or they got hurt and buried in the depth chart when healthy. Many of them want to get back close to home as well . Most of the transfers that have come in have been redshirt freshman or sophomores AND SHSU gets their share of Jr College transfers. Many of the kids that get recruited out of high school wind up being redshirted anyway.

KCK had a great recruiting class this year and overall has done a phenomenal recruiting job since his arrival. 4 of those he recruited this year are either starting or seeing significant playing time on the defensive side of the ball as true freshman.

centennial
December 12th, 2017, 10:45 AM
I often wonder with NDSU's recruiting and talent if they took another 3-5 transfers every year, could that team be a legit top 25?

BNATION
December 12th, 2017, 10:52 AM
I often wonder with NDSU's recruiting and talent if they took another 3-5 transfers every year, could that team be a legit top 25? I dont think so. NDSU is such a system type team, they actually do more with less athletes than a school like SH, much like the Patriots. They recruit kids that fit their system and mindset. Not a certain height weight 40 combo. They play physical, clean, and in doing so they capitalize on other teams mistakes. I actually love it. I hate it, but i love it.

centennial
December 12th, 2017, 11:05 AM
I dont think so. NDSU is such a system type team, they actually do more with less athletes than a school like SH, much like the Patriots. They recruit kids that fit their system and mindset. Not a certain height weight 40 combo. They play physical, clean, and in doing so they capitalize on other teams mistakes. I actually love it. I hate it, but i love it.

Calling NDSU a system type team would do a disservice to talent on that team. I would say NDSU develops among the best talent at the college level.

https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Season/2018-Football/Commits

Look at the recruiting class. No better than lowest end G5. The big difference is NDSU doesn't care about stars much. A lot of our recruiting comes from star performers at camps. Maybe a lineman is over inch shorter than the Big 10 wants, or needs to put on another 20 lbs. Or receiver only runs a 4.5-6. Or RB is fast but needs to put on 30 lbs. That is the kind of kids NDSU will coach up. Most kids won't start until year 3- redshirt, rfr don't play much.

Schism55
December 12th, 2017, 11:10 AM
I often wonder with NDSU's recruiting and talent if they took another 3-5 transfers every year, could that team be a legit top 25?
I, for one, am very glad they don't. Majority of transfers are more trouble than they are worth.

TheOrangeJoker
December 12th, 2017, 11:15 AM
I am looking forward to meeting the Bison fans during tailgate. Please don't hesitate when you see the Orange Joker walking around. I only have issues with the bat but enjoy great college games and Friday will put a smile on my face xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxhttp://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26773&stc=1

Serpentor
December 12th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Will the 4th time be the charm for the Bearcats, or will the Bison continue to roll to the championship?

Wait, Cincinnati is playing the Bison?

centennial
December 12th, 2017, 11:29 AM
I, for one, am very glad they don't. Majority of transfers are more trouble than they are worth.

I don't mind 1-2 every year. Especially if filling up that hole enables NDSU to make another NC run.

Outsider1
December 12th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Calling NDSU a system type team would do a disservice to talent on that team. I would say NDSU develops among the best talent at the college level.

Look at the recruiting class. No better than lowest end G5. The big difference is NDSU doesn't care about stars much. A lot of our recruiting comes from star performers at camps. Maybe a lineman is over inch shorter than the Big 10 wants, or needs to put on another 20 lbs. Or receiver only runs a 4.5-6. Or RB is fast but needs to put on 30 lbs. That is the kind of kids NDSU will coach up. Most kids won't start until year 3- redshirt, rfr don't play much.

You have to have talent to be coached up, even if it is rough. There are few schools able to really be successful as NDSU is with a system team in place. Dorrel had a similar situation at NWMS and like NDSU had a LONG history of winning. He is finding it is harder here in Texas, just like SHSU. Other SLC teams have had some system success. When I see NDSU, I see a program that has both great talent and a great system that feed each other. That is what makes it so good over the long haul. SHSU is more ahead than we are in balancing recruits and transfers/drop-downs. I think they are beginning to click better with more experience and maturity. That is why I hope they show up with their schweddy balls.........

Outsider1
December 12th, 2017, 11:43 AM
https://img.memecdn.com/schweddy-balls_o_1460849.jpg

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2017, 11:44 AM
I don't mind 1-2 every year. Especially if filling up that hole enables NDSU to make another NC run.

This, but I would also include it to say that they were already recruited by NDSU earlier. Not saying it is a requirement though, but the reason I say that is that this way the coaches know exactly what they are getting and they originally wanted the kid, but for whatever reason, they chose the FBS instead.

Bison56
December 12th, 2017, 11:48 AM
https://img.memecdn.com/schweddy-balls_o_1460849.jpg

I never get tired of hearing that.xnodx

Serpentor
December 12th, 2017, 11:59 AM
I never get tired of hearing that.xnodx

"Go ahead girls. My balls are here for your pleasure."

Outsider1
December 12th, 2017, 12:30 PM
LOL!!!! How could you????

Katfan
December 12th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Will this be your first trip to the Dome? Safe travels.
No, I was there last semifinal. I enjoyed it until the 3rd qtr.

BNATION
December 12th, 2017, 12:39 PM

Look at the recruiting class. No better than lowest end G5. The big difference is NDSU doesn't care about stars much. A lot of our recruiting comes from star performers at camps. Maybe a lineman is over inch shorter than the Big 10 wants, or needs to put on another 20 lbs. Or receiver only runs a 4.5-6. Or RB is fast but needs to put on 30 lbs. That is the kind of kids NDSU will coach up. Most kids won't start until year 3- redshirt, rfr don't play much. Literally exactly what I was meaning to say. They recruit players not measurables and get them in the "system" to develop.

POD Knows
December 12th, 2017, 12:45 PM
No, I was there last semifinal. I enjoyed it until the 3rd qtr.You didn't get one of those ****ty Fargo Dome pretzels at the half, did you? xlolx

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2017, 12:49 PM
You didn't get one of those ****ty Fargo Dome pretzels at the half, did you? xlolx

How bad are they? The Mini-Donuts are solid though and I enjoyed how your Mrs went and got some after I bought a bag.

centennial
December 12th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Looked at the 2017 class for SHSU and NDSU.

SHSU has 4 3-star kids.

https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Season/2017-Football/Commits

https://shsu.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits

NDSU has 1.

The talent disparity that we see on the field isn't coming from recruiting.

PurpleStreamers
December 12th, 2017, 01:25 PM

Not exactly in line with what BNation said, but pretty close. I agree it's a disservice to call NDSU a system team, they have plenty of talent! But a huge part of their success has also been their ability to "develop" talent and when you're only working with 63 schollies, taking away 3-5 more valuable slots in addition to the transfers a team already has only takes slots away from kids who can develop into the system.

Plus NDSU is already a pretty legit top 25 team as-is. Separate issue, but all four teams left in the semis would've plowed through the three trash G5's (SB, CUSA, MAC) and would've been in the mix for AAC and MW, which would put anyone in the Top 25 discussion. For that matter, NDSU would probably be bowl eligible in the garbage B1G West too this year.

BNATION
December 12th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Not exactly in line with what BNation said, but pretty close. I agree it's a disservice to call NDSU a system team, they have plenty of talent! But a huge part of their success has also been their ability to "develop" talent and when you're only working with 63 schollies, taking away 3-5 more valuable slots in addition to the transfers a team already has only takes slots away from kids who can develop into the system.

Plus NDSU is already a pretty legit top 25 team as-is. Separate issue, but all four teams left in the semis would've plowed through the three trash G5's (SB, CUSA, MAC) and would've been in the mix for AAC and MW, which would put anyone in the Top 25 discussion. For that matter, NDSU would probably be bowl eligible in the garbage B1G West too this year.

Yep

Green1
December 12th, 2017, 01:33 PM
You didn't get one of those ****ty Fargo Dome pretzels at the half, did you? xlolx

Seriously, Katfan, do not buy a Dome Pretzel. You'll thank us later.

Daytripper
December 12th, 2017, 01:53 PM

I was guessing that you could buy an entire roast at the Fargo Dome.....

katstrapper
December 12th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Only drawback is the system and culture can suffer. This is why the best programs in CFB do not do much with transfers. I am glad we do because we got kids like Stewart, and Briscoe. But we have got as many busts from highly touted transfers. Remember the TCU linebacker. Guy looked lost on the field.

That linebacker was a bad pick up and overrated in my opinion. He was trouble at TCU and NEVER played to his potential at Sam Houston.

KCK has done a nice job with transfers in my opinion. He only took 4 this year at signing day which was way down from previous years. If you are referring to Nathan Stewart, he was not a transfer. He started last year as a true freshman. Briscoe came to Sam Houston due to UAB shutting down football program.

Daytripper
December 12th, 2017, 02:10 PM
That linebacker was a bad pick up and overrated in my opinion. He was trouble at TCU and NEVER played to his potential at Sam Houston.

KCK has done a nice job with transfers in my opinion. He only took 4 this year at signing day which was way down from previous years. If you are referring to Nathan Stewart, he was not a transfer. He started last year as a true freshman. Briscoe came to Sam Houston due to UAB shutting down football program.

Chris Stewart transferred from Missouri...

katstrapper
December 12th, 2017, 02:47 PM

Forgot about that Stewart. Has turned out to be a great pickup so far. I look for him to have a big game on Friday and add to his sack total of 11.

Katfan
December 12th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Thanks

BNATION
December 12th, 2017, 03:32 PM

Wake Forest.

AmsterBison
December 12th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Forgot about that Stewart. Has turned out to be a great pickup so far. I look for him to have a big game on Friday and add to his sack total of 11.

He looked great last Saturday, that's for sure. He was terrorizing Kennesaw State.

TennBison
December 12th, 2017, 04:05 PM
I dont think so. NDSU is such a system type team, they actually do more with less athletes than a school like SH, much like the Patriots. They recruit kids that fit their system and mindset. Not a certain height weight 40 combo. They play physical, clean, and in doing so they capitalize on other teams mistakes. I actually love it. I hate it, but i love it.
NDSU actually does do physical testing on kids. There was a TV news story that came out about a year or two ago that went into it. They get a kid in and do all kinds of stats on them to see where they can end up as far as how much they can build them up and how much faster they can get. I am sure that this is common with most other teams. NDSU can do this because most kids are not put into any real quality game action until they have been with the team for three years. Most are redshirted, then in their second year they see some special teams or maybe some third string duty in mop up roles. Once in a while we get some kids who are ready right out of the gate, but even they are redshirted if possible just to give them another year of practice and building up. Very few kids actually come right in and start as a true freshman WR #16 and Safety #5 are the last two to play as true freshmen that come to mind and they are senior and junior right now. I am sure that our process of bringing kids in and letting them mature into the system is something other teams do and that we are not unique, just a question as to weather other teams have the ability to do so is another story.