PDA

View Full Version : Question for Montana and Montana State guys

danefan
February 13th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Rumor is we are coming to the great state of Montana again this year, but I can't confirm it anywhere yet. From Travis' combined schedule it looks like Montana State has a full schedule, but Montana has 9/15 and 9/22 open.

Anybody from Montana heard anything? We were there in 2002 and loved every second of it. But we're a much different team than in 2002. Ask Delaware and Lehigh. :D :D

GRZZ
February 13th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Our AD stated this week that the open date will be a home game and he expects to announce to schedule this week. He would not say who the team was because the contract hasn't been signed yet. It could be any team I guess, but no one on the Griz board has any real concrete guess. Maybe there is something to the rumor you heard...

Ronbo
February 13th, 2007, 10:51 PM
He's setting us up for a possible undefeated regular season (no FBS or tough OOC games). I see challenges in the Big Sky from possibly PSU and MSU but we should be favored against them. We have EWU, PSU, Weber, and N. Colorado at home, MSU, Sac. State, ISU, and NAU on the road.

danefan
February 14th, 2007, 07:40 AM
I hope we do come out your way. Its a great recruiting tool for us and a great experience for our players.

Bobcat in NC
February 14th, 2007, 07:43 AM
From everything I've heard, Travis' combined schedule looks right on. I y'all make the trip, it will have to be to Missoula. Unfortunate, because I'd much rather see the Cats play Albany than a DII game.

Grizzaholic
February 14th, 2007, 09:59 AM
He's setting us up for a possible undefeated regular season (no FBS or tough OOC games). I see challenges in the Big Sky from possibly PSU and MSU but we should be favored against them. We have EWU, PSU, Weber, and N. Colorado at home, MSU, Sac. State, ISU, and NAU on the road.

Undefeated and not in the top 20 in the nation. Sounds like we are going for a certain schedule that someone else had last year. They thought they were bad ass and they didn't get a bid for playoffs. Poor SOS. That is what we have going for us this year. We got to win the conference just to make the playoffs this year.

Ronbo
February 14th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Undefeated and not in the top 20 in the nation. Sounds like we are going for a certain schedule that someone else had last year. They thought they were bad ass and they didn't get a bid for playoffs. Poor SOS. That is what we have going for us this year. We got to win the conference just to make the playoffs this year.

You're way out of bounds with that statement. Just being in the Big Sky assures us of a top 2 seed if we are 10-1 or 11-0 no matter who our OOC games are against. Take that to the bank.

saccat
February 14th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Wow, it is only feb, 14th and we already have a Friz fan saying they will go 11-0. I guess the Cats should go 10-1, 9-2 then.:smiley_wi

Grizzaholic
February 14th, 2007, 12:15 PM
No comment.

griz37
February 14th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Wow, it is only feb, 14th and we already have a Friz fan saying they will go 11-0. I guess the Cats should go 10-1, 9-2 then.:smiley_wi

I will call the bookstore & have them order a bunch of winter coats for next years playoff run. :p

Ronbo
February 14th, 2007, 01:02 PM

Well let's see we have Fort Lewis, Southern Utah and I'm hearing Carroll College as our OOC games. That's 3-0.

Then we play the Big Sky teams that we went undeafeted against last year and we return almost the entire team and get Lex Hilliard back. I'd say 10-1 or 11-0 is quite realistic.

If you dispute that you are living in a dream world. We are loaded this season.

You'll go 8-3 if you are very lucky and avoid your early season habit of losing to inferior teams.

saccat
February 14th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Ronbo. Did you notice the smile at the end? I think both the Cats and The friz will go 9-2, 8-3. Burquist(sp?) is not a great QB.

Sundown
February 14th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Ronbo. Did you notice the smile at the end? I think both the Cats and The friz will go 9-2, 8-3. Burquist(sp?) is not a great QB.

You weren't watching the SDSU game, it seems.

Ronbo
February 14th, 2007, 01:29 PM

I noticed. Thought I'd give you some chit.

Hey Bergquist isn't the starter, he has to win the job. Selle is looking really good and Larson has got the Coaches salivating.

Sundown
February 14th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I'm hearing Carroll College...

Where are you hearing this?

saccat
February 14th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Larson and Selle scare me, but they may be a year out of being great. I think we are to the point that every year the CAT/Griz game will be for the Big Sky. As long as we can stop the early losses.

Tailbone
February 14th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Larson and Selle scare me, but they may be a year out of being great. I think we are to the point that every year the CAT/Griz game will be for the Big Sky. As long as we can stop the early losses.

That's what ya get for doin' your own thinkin'! :smiley_wi

Ronbo
February 14th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Where are you hearing this?

Rumor mill. A poster at eGriz posted "It's going to be Carroll." It was a pretty bold statement like he had heard it would be.

Sundown
February 14th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Rumor mill. A poster at eGriz posted "It's going to be Carroll." It was a pretty bold statement like he had heard it would be.

Oh. Word.

NE MT GRIZZ
February 14th, 2007, 01:48 PM
An inter-squad scrimmage would be better.

VictorG
February 14th, 2007, 03:02 PM

Make that 2 "friz" fans. If the final OOC turns out to be a big $$ game for the Griz, then 10 - 1. If it's Western WA or even another FCS Team AT MISSOULA, then 11 - 0.

BTW, IMO Cat's go 8 - 3 and in the playoffs.

Peems
February 14th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I dont want to predict, but back to the albany situation it would be great if we could actually get to play a FCS school. hell we should go there but that wont happen.

danefan
February 14th, 2007, 03:50 PM
We'll wait to have you guys come here until we get our new stadium.
http://members.localnet.com/~hterns/stadium.jpg

Sundown
February 14th, 2007, 03:59 PM

Sweet set-up you guys are getting yourselves. :cool:

NE MT GRIZZ
February 14th, 2007, 04:03 PM

Very nice.
What's the capacity?
Can fans sit on the sloped grass in the endzones?

danefan
February 14th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Capacity and exact design will be finalized this spring once the environmental impact study is done. From what we hear they are trying to figure out how deep they can dig the "bowl shape" out. The are saying anywhere from 12,000 to 15,000 to start, expandable to 25,000 or 30,000 just in case.

From what we hear the hill is intended to be used for seating if needed. Hopefully we'll need it a lot in the next 10 years or so and then they'll close it in to a full 30,000 seat horseshoe. Thats very wishful hoping though.

Ground is supposed to be broken by the end of this year with a completion date of 12 to 18 months after that. Total price tag of somewhere in the $40 to $50 million range is what has been advertised.

X-Factor
February 14th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I will call the bookstore & have them order a bunch of winter coats for next years playoff run. :p

lmao, I remember this!

Ronbo
February 14th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Who had the last laugh! :D We had 1 late Nov. and 2 December home games. How many did you have X-Factor? I'm sure the extra coats came in handy and made extra dough for the bookstore. I can see laughing at a comment that isn't backed up. But you'll usually find out that Montana backs up their actions. They order extra jackets EXPECT them to go deep in the playoffs. The 2 times they have done it was 2001 and 2006, a NC and a Semi, three home Dec. games each time.

Grizzaholic
February 14th, 2007, 11:13 PM
So Ronbo.....When do we play Ray's school for the deaf and blind??? Or are we just going to play Sentinel High School? Makes me sick to my stomach. I guess Montana can't schedule the FCS teams like everybody else. So are we preparing to move down a division in a few years.

griz37
February 14th, 2007, 11:21 PM
So Ronbo.....When do we play Ray's school for the deaf and blind??? Or are we just going to play Sentinel High School? Makes me sick to my stomach. I guess Montana can't schedule the FCS teams like everybody else. So are we preparing to move down a division in a few years.

Don't worry Grizzaholic, it sure sounds like we will be playing Albany not Carroll. Don't forget the Great Danes beat Delaware last year.

Peems
February 14th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Don't worry Grizzaholic, it sure sounds like we will be playing Albany not Carroll. Don't forget the Great Danes beat Delaware last year.

yeah, but who didnt:D

GOKATS
February 15th, 2007, 12:17 AM

Out of the entire AGS membership, I have one on my ignore list. Try it, you'll like it.:thumbsup:

slostang
February 15th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Capacity and exact design will be finalized this spring once the environmental impact study is done. From what we hear they are trying to figure out how deep they can dig the "bowl shape" out. The are saying anywhere from 12,000 to 15,000 to start, expandable to 25,000 or 30,000 just in case.

From what we hear the hill is intended to be used for seating if needed. Hopefully we'll need it a lot in the next 10 years or so and then they'll close it in to a full 30,000 seat horseshoe. Thats very wishful hoping though.

Ground is supposed to be broken by the end of this year with a completion date of 12 to 18 months after that. Total price tag of somewhere in the $40 to $50 million range is what has been advertised.
Looks great. The design is very to close to UC Davis' new stadium.

Ronbo
February 15th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I think it's funny that you guys har har har'd, especially Cat fans but a few Griz when I said the bookstore was preparing for a deep playoff run. Then we go 3 deep into the playoffs with 3 cold weather games at home. Keep your ears open fellas, there are folks like the bookstore manager that are closer and way more in the know than anyone here. He knew we would contend before the season even started. xlolx

Sundown
February 15th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Who had the last laugh! :D We had 1 late Nov. and 2 December home games. How many did you have X-Factor?

That was no fault of their own. Stupid NCAA rules...

Peems
February 15th, 2007, 10:48 AM
lets not get into a pissing match now ronbo. But lets hope that we actually play a legit team before the conference starts. I know you think if we play sub Divsion 1 teams we will go undefeated, but last year all of our OOC games were against some pretty good competition. if anything, playing "bad" schools hurts us when it comes down to gut check time.

Ronbo
February 15th, 2007, 10:52 AM
When did I say I approved of the schedule? I don't like it. What I said is our AD is setting the strongest Griz team we've had since 2001 up for an undefeated season by not scheduling top FCS teams or FBS teams. He has scheduled 3 cupcakes. Reason?

Peems
February 15th, 2007, 11:13 AM
When did I say I approved of the schedule? I don't like it. What I said is our AD is setting the strongest Griz team we've had since 2001 up for an undefeated season by not scheduling top FCS teams or FBS teams. He has scheduled 3 cupcakes. Reason?

i understand. but my point is that it might be difficult for the team come conference time if we have only played cupcakes. I hope as much as you that the griz could go undefeated, but i myself have this weird superstition that we should have that one loss...(call me weird, its just a feeling)

Grizzaholic
February 15th, 2007, 12:13 PM

Exactly! You have a good team year in and year out but this year it could shape up to be really good. So lets scedule no really top flight programs, top 10 FCS or even top 20 FBS teams. Makes no sense. The same thing will happen again this year as last year but instead of in the Semi's it will be another Montana leaves in the first round....again.

didn't mean to count chickens before they hatch on the playoff picture but....damn schedule.

Ronbo
February 15th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Want to wager one of those really nice Griz caps they sell at the bookstore that the Griz get will knocked out 1st round. I'll even give you odds, a cap and t-shirt to you and just a cap to me. I say they get past the 1st round.:nod:

Grizzaholic
February 15th, 2007, 01:40 PM
One thing that I will never ever do is bet against my team. It is a bad omen. All I said is we probably won't be ready to play a really top notch team in the playoffs, if we make it, and we will falter again.

footballman65
February 15th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Montana is playing UAlbany @ Montana

Dane96
February 15th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Nice....we had a blast last time out....and I MAY MAKE THIS TRIP! Its the land of my dreams...hunting, fishing, football, my Danes, and some beautiful women from the pics I have seen.

What is the date?

Peems
February 15th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Montana is playing UAlbany @ Montana

where have you heard this?

Cleets
February 15th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Um... Excuse me... what is this..?
(see below)

how the ****** are you guys getting these people... an Oklahoma transfer..!!! I guess 14 yrs. of play-offs and 26,000 seats (full) has it's pull..

J.D. Quinn, OL, 6-4, 315, Jr., Garland, TX (U of Oklahoma/Garland HS): A transfer from Oklahoma, J.D. has been at UM since this past fall...started four games as a redshirt freshman at Oklahoma in 2005...did not play last season due to NCAA sanctions...a standout football player at Garland High School, where he lettered four times in football, three times in baseball, and once in track...a two-time all-state, all-district and all-city selection in football as a prep...voted his team’s “Lineman of the Year” as a senior when he had 104 “pancake” blocks...team captain and All-American in football as a senior... Personal: Birth date: February 23, 1986. His major is sociology.

-

Bobcat in NC
February 15th, 2007, 07:40 PM
(see below)

how the ****** are you guys getting these people... an Oklahoma transfer..!!! I guess 14 yrs. of play-offs and 26,000 seats (full) has it's pull..

J.D. Quinn, OL, 6-4, 315, Jr., Garland, TX (U of Oklahoma/Garland HS): A transfer from Oklahoma, J.D. has been at UM since this past fall...started four games as a redshirt freshman at Oklahoma in 2005...did not play last season due to NCAA sanctions...a standout football player at Garland High School, where he lettered four times in football, three times in baseball, and once in track...a two-time all-state, all-district and all-city selection in football as a prep...voted his team’s “Lineman of the Year” as a senior when he had 104 “pancake” blocks...team captain and All-American in football as a senior... Personal: Birth date: February 23, 1986. His major is sociology.

-

They have some sweet car dealerships in Missoula... xcoffeex

Grizo406
February 15th, 2007, 07:46 PM
how the ****** are you guys getting these people...

Probably for some of the same reasons you mentioned. But I'd suggest coming to a Griz home game in September, if I do say so myself, the experience is "ABSOLUTLELY" amazing!

Your question would be answered, should you decide to make the trip.;)

footballman65
February 15th, 2007, 08:25 PM
where have you heard this?

I have my sources...... and also youre website has it up too :D

http://wpe1.montanagrizzlies.com/fmi/xsl/mt_griz/db/results/xsl/results.xsl?-db=mtgriz_content&-lay=content_results_web&id_team=100&event_schedule_year=2007&switch=YES&-sortfield.1=event_date_start&-sortfield.2=event_time_start&-sortorder.1=ascend&-sortorder.2=ascend&-token.8=0&-max=all&-find

Ronbo
February 15th, 2007, 08:34 PM
(see below)

-

He's an impressive specimen. Will be filling our only graduating O-Line position at Center.

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2007_2008/Football/Multimedia/2007_Signing/jd_quinn.wmv

Cleets
February 15th, 2007, 09:01 PM
He's an impressive specimen. Will be filling our only graduating O-Line position at Center.

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2007_2008/Football/Multimedia/2007_Signing/jd_quinn.wmv

The Griz are going to have a 6' 4" 315 lbs Center... That's one big center...

(The rich get richer they say)
I'm not disparaging, I'm more impressed than pissed...

Nice work...

-

Ronbo
February 15th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Yes I saw him closeup at practice last fall and at 6'4", 315 he doesn't look like he has much body fat. No gut over the belt type physique, flat stomach, big shouders, very thick arms and legs. It's already been reported on eGriz that he is being touted as the #5 O-Lineman for the 2009 draft on somebody's draft ranking. Can't remember who.

Cleets
February 16th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Yes I saw him closeup at practice last fall and at 6'4", 315 he doesn't look like he has much body fat. No gut over the belt type physique, flat stomach, big shouders, very thick arms and legs. It's already been reported on eGriz that he is being touted as the #5 O-Lineman for the 2009 draft on somebody's draft ranking. Can't remember who.

Well isn't that nice for you guys...
Lex Hilliard get's another year (after his blow-out) and he has 5 guys at 300 lbs. plus in front of him... he's got to be pinching himself..

Plus you got the kid with three names that out rushed Arkee Whitlock in that game I watched on ESPN TV during the play-offs... He looks for real

(That's depth)

Baylark graduated from UMass... thus Montana #2 in any kind of preseason ranking (would be my guess..)

Hmmm...

-

TulsaBobcat
February 16th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Well isn't that nice for you guys...
Lex Hilliard get's another year (after his blow-out) and he has 5 guys at 300 lbs. plus in front of him... he's got to be pinching himself..

Plus you got the kid with three names that out rushed Arkee Whitlock in that game I watched on ESPN TV during the play-offs... He looks for real

(That's depth)

Baylark graduated from UMass... thus Montana #2 in any kind of preseason ranking (would be my guess..)

Hmmm...

-

Hey, do you need some kneepads?xlolx xlolx

Peems
February 16th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Even our local paper makes fun of the Griz schedule(no offense to albany)

Griz dine on cupcakes to start next season
By Tribune Staff

MISSOULA — The University of Montana has finalized its football schedule for next fall, which features seven home games, but no clashes against Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly I-A) schools.

The past two years, coach Bobby Hauck's Grizzlies have played big-time powerhouses like Oregon and Iowa, losing both games but earning almost $1 million for the athletic department coffers....
Griz Schedule (http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070216/SPORTS/702160342/1006)

TulsaBobcat
February 16th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Even our local paper makes fun of the Griz schedule(no offense to albany)

Griz dine on cupcakes to start next season
By Tribune Staff

MISSOULA — The University of Montana has finalized its football schedule for next fall, which features seven home games, but no clashes against Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly I-A) schools.

The past two years, coach Bobby Hauck's Grizzlies have played big-time powerhouses like Oregon and Iowa, losing both games but earning almost $1 million for the athletic department coffers....
Griz Schedule (http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070216/SPORTS/702160342/1006)

As often as you guys brag about the size of your wang (wash/griz), you sure are railin' some fat chicks with it this year.

citdog
February 16th, 2007, 10:43 AM
xlolx :D :smiley_wi :eyebrow: :hurray: xlolx :D :)

Peems
February 16th, 2007, 10:50 AM
As often as you guys brag about the size of your wang (wash/griz), you sure are railin' some fat chicks with it this year.

got it get him ready for the conferences biotches.:smiley_wi

Ronbo
February 16th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Hey Tulsa ever heard of the smack board. You Cat guys are the worse offenders. You have one of the dirtiest programs in College football and you guys throw around stones like you live in rock houses. Perfect example of how Cat rudeness backfires is the Griz/Cat BB game this last week. The paper stated that the crowd was chanting obsenities that couldn't be printed in the paper. The Griz players said it pissed them off and motivated them and they wooped your arses.

TulsaBobcat
February 16th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Hey Tulsa ever heard of the smack board. You Cat guys are the worse offenders. You have one of the dirtiest programs in College football and you guys throw around stones like you live in rock houses. Perfect example of how Cat rudeness backfires is the Griz/Cat BB game this last week. The paper stated that the crowd was chanting obsenities that couldn't be printed in the paper. The Griz players saaid it pissed them off and motivated them and they wooped your arses.

Did you notice my location? I wasn't at the game. I cannot take credit for those chants.

The Griz wooped (sic) my arse? I have never and will never play the Griz in anything. They have never and will never woop (sic) MY arse. Unlike you, I do not find my identity (self worth?) through Montana State athletics. The Griz beat the MSU basketball team, not me personally. They are a better team. There is no question about that. But, you see, I can admit things like that. It is no blow to my ego.

I am pleased to know that you think Cat fans are some of the worse (sic) offenders. You really need to grow some thicker skin and stop being a little girl.

CrazyCat
February 16th, 2007, 02:32 PM
How can you call us a dirty program? We've had some off field problems which are well discussed but "dirty".

Ronbo
February 16th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Not dirty in the sense that there is cheating. Dirty because of all the off field problems.

Cleets
February 16th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Hey, do you need some kneepads?xlolx xlolx

From where I'm standing you need'em more than I do, the Bobcats have been getting rolled by the Griz for 14 years straight.... (Yeesh)

-

TulsaBobcat
February 16th, 2007, 03:15 PM
From where I'm standing you need'em more than I do, the Bobcats have been getting rolled by the Griz for 14 years straight.... (Yeesh)

-

Fourteen years straight? Uh, OK?xidiotx

GOKATS
February 16th, 2007, 07:11 PM

-

I think ya better recheck yer figures, pard. : retard :

Tod
February 16th, 2007, 07:37 PM

-

Travis Lulay led Bobcat teams beat the Griz three out of four. :eek: :mad: :mad: ;)

Grizo406
February 16th, 2007, 09:06 PM

Not my cup of tea, but fat chicks need love too...

GOKATS
February 16th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Not my cup of tea, but fat chicks need love too...

I don't think he was referring to the griz cheerleaders.:D

Bobcat in NC
February 17th, 2007, 08:59 AM

-

Jeez, and to think I have been in awe of the great minds at Harvard...

MSU has taken down UM 3 of the past 5 years, genius. (I won't comment on the streak before that).

:bang: