PDA

View Full Version : Northern Iowa @ South Dakota State (Round 2)

Pages : [1] 2

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Alright. Lets see what you guys think.

I have UNI winning by 3 scores.

Serpentor
November 25th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Missofty Valley football...

clenz
November 25th, 2017, 08:49 PM
SDSU by 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 08:50 PM
SDSU wins by 24

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 08:50 PM
In terms of on paper, it should be the Game of the Week, but the Beehive Bowl Pt 2 and Furman vs Wofford Pt 2 should be excellent match-ups as well.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2017, 08:51 PM

Holy sandbags, Batman!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 08:52 PM
I think SDSU wins round 2 with UNI.

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Holy sandbags, Batman!

Serious?

UNI beat us already and ran their running back, who is essentially the 2nd coming of Zach Zenner, on us 40 times and blew us out. Same will happen. We can't stop the run.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2017, 08:53 PM
Should be a great game. Hoping to make my first trip to Brookings if everything goes right.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2017, 08:54 PM
Serious?

UNI beat us already and ran their running back, who is essentially the 2nd coming of Zach Zenner, on us 40 times and blew us out. Same will happen. We can't stop the run.

It's hard to beat the same team twice. You guys have them at home.

I think UNI wins, but I'll be incredibly surprised if it's by 3 scores.

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2017, 08:55 PM

Beating the Jacks twice in a row has been done before, many times. UNI will come in like a wrecking ball.

NDSUtk
November 25th, 2017, 08:55 PM

Maybe he's thinking 3 safeties for 6 points?

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Maybe he's thinking 3 safeties for 6 points?
Three PATs on missed touchdowns? :D

Panthers1995
November 25th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Right now ESPN has Northern Illinois going to South Dakota State. I think we might be missing something here.

Bisonator
November 25th, 2017, 08:58 PM

SDSU by 12

Let the sandbagging begin. xlolx

SDSU will be looking for payback. I doubt they give UNI as many gifts this time but who knows.

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2017, 08:59 PM
Right now ESPN has Northern Illinois going to South Dakota State. I think we might be missing something here.

I'd rather play Northern Illinois than Northern Iowa.

- - - Updated - - -

Let the sandbagging begin. xlolx

SDSU will be looking for payback. I doubt they give UNI as many gifts this time but who knows.

So many gifts we have in store for the Panthers. It is the Holiday season after all.

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 09:00 PM

They should be able to handle an 8-4 Northern Illinois

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Beating the Jacks twice in a row has been done before, many times. UNI will come in like a wrecking ball.

Sandbagging?

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 09:05 PM
UNI has a strong defense. Both teams are hot.

As a general trend, SDSU scores more often (per possession) and UNI, weirdly enough, is outscored in a scoring possessions rate than their opposition when playing teams with a winning record (admittedly, I haven't factored in today's game, but I think it would skew the numbers).

That tells me that UNI leans heavily on a strong defense to win. I don't think it'll work again.

NDSUtk
November 25th, 2017, 09:07 PM
If UNI wants some great advice, don't let SDSU's defense get 5 turnovers...that does NOT help your cause. Oh, and actually try to run the damn ball, something NDSU neglected to do.

I'm guessing SDSU's offense will be ready for this one. I'm picking SDSU by 13.

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Sandbagging?

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah248/mitchellmiller32/Screen%20Shot%202017-11-25%20at%209.04.41%20PM_zpsqix44es0.png?t=151157937 9

Having this done to you is demoralizing. It will be in our head the whole game, and it will be too much to overcome.

clenz
November 25th, 2017, 09:17 PM

FWIW this game was in Brookings too.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171126/89d437b8fee783bb2cd97f5f28b933ec.jpg

Not that that game means anything this week but worth noting.

FargoBison
November 25th, 2017, 09:40 PM
You sure the rabbits are playing UNI...ESPN calling for a game against NIU...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPh1hDHX0AM4gto.jpg

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 09:41 PM
Breaking:

ESPN is an aborted fetus

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Breaking:

ESPN is an aborted fetus

Accurate.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 09:50 PM
so sad

Thumper 76
November 25th, 2017, 10:02 PM
I had like 8 posts I was going to respond to, but I’m just gunna say this. Anyone who thinks SDSU wins is likely wrong and anybody who thinks they lose is right. Then end. Only team I didn’t want us to face in the playoffs, and we get them. One and done at home and we get mocked by everyone who hates us (cows and puppies). Goddamnit.

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 10:03 PM
I had like 8 posts I was going to respond to, but I’m just gunna say this. Anyone who thinks SDSU wins is likely wrong and anybody who thinks they lose is right. Then end. Only team I didn’t want us to face in the playoffs, and we get them. One and done at home and we get mocked by everyone who hates us (cows and puppies). Goddamnit.

You, sir, have a bad attitude

Thumper 76
November 25th, 2017, 10:04 PM
You, sir, have a bad attitude

I am just busy being accurate.

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2017, 10:04 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/mks5DcSGjhQ1a/giphy.gif

Thank you. Voice of reason!

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2017, 10:05 PM
Will be interesting to see what fan base can pile the sandbags higher in this thread...

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Thumper with the sandbagging. Only McNeese is allowed to sandbag that hard.

Thumper 76
November 25th, 2017, 10:08 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/mks5DcSGjhQ1a/giphy.gif

Thank you. Voice of reason!

Indeed, we just have something in common being SDSU fans

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171126/0666051643256787a3cb05521f1e07e6.jpg

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Will be interesting to see what fan base can pile the sandbags higher in this thread...

https://media.giphy.com/media/ygwILFl32sSY/giphy.gif

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 10:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/X3syHee.gif

IBleedYellow
November 25th, 2017, 10:30 PM
Is it going to be ****ty out?

Actually it doesn't matter. SDSU isn't playing to win this game.

My money is on UNI by a LOT. They won't have the same gumption (SDSU) to stop them like they did against NDSU.

Kitties roll and the Rabbit fans go back to sdsufans until next year (cept Miller and Thumper cause they are ones that enjoy pain.)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2017, 10:32 PM
Is it going to be ****ty out?

Actually it doesn't matter. SDSU isn't playing to win this game.

My money is on UNI by a LOT. They won't have the same gumption (SDSU) to stop them like they did against NDSU.

Kitties roll and the Rabbit fans go back to sdsufans until next year (cept Miller and Thumper cause they are ones that enjoy pain.)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

http://replygif.net/i/1205.gif

I knew you were smart!

The advanced forecast shows the temps in the 40's for Saturday. Seems to be a decent forecast. I predict about 8,000 fans at the game if the forecast holds.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 10:36 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1205.gif

I knew you were smart!

The advanced forecast shows the temps in the 40's for Saturday. Seems to be a decent forecast. I predict about 8,000 fans at the game if the forecast holds.

Love me some SGA

By far, one of the best characters in all of the shows. Was this from the episode "Home", where they are hallucinating where they are back on Earth but are actually stuck on M5S-244?

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Love me some SGA

By far, one of the best characters in all of the shows. Was this from the episode "Home", where they are hallucinating where they are back on Earth but are actually stuck on M5S-244?

No idea. Its possible.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 10:42 PM
No idea. Its possible.

Damn. I thought you were a Lt. Col John Sheppard fan just like me. Yes, I totally just let my Stargate Fandom slip.

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2017, 10:43 PM
Damn. I thought you were a Lt. Col John Sheppard fan just like me. Yes, I totally just let my Stargate Fandom slip.

He is a great character! Just have no idea what episode this gif is from.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 10:51 PM
He is a great character! Just have no idea what episode this gif is from.

Oh you had me on cardiac notice. I am such a Stargate nerd that I will travel to attend Stargate trivia if it is semi-near me. I wish I could memorize the planet names. Though P3X-888 is hard to forget. I would never travel to that planet as, in the words of the great General Jack "I don't want a snake in my head".

Thumper 76
November 26th, 2017, 12:00 AM
Thumper with the sandbagging. Only McNeese is allowed to sandbag that hard.

I’m not sandbagging. There are more than myself and miller w this opinion either...jus saying you called me a sandbagger earlier this year and I was proven correct xcoffeex

CappinHard
November 26th, 2017, 12:04 AM

https://i.imgflip.com/200d3j.jpg

Couldn't help myself... Sorry for the poor edit, I did it quick on my phone.

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2017, 12:18 AM
SDSU is Jekyll and Hyde.....it will depend which team shows up. If they have success throwing the ball and can keep their O on the field, I like the Jacks to win. If UNI wins TOP by more than 5 minutes, it will be a repeat bloodbath with Taryn C. moping around on the sideline.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2017, 06:46 AM
If the weather is nice, SDSU rolls in this game. Poor weather? It will be anyone's game then.

BisonBacker
November 26th, 2017, 07:36 AM

I think UNI wins this but then ****s the bed in the next round regardless of who they play. They are UNI after all :D

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 10:38 AM
I’m not sandbagging. There are more than myself and miller w this opinion either...jus saying you called me a sandbagger earlier this year and I was proven correct xcoffeex

Yet SDSU showed up against NDSU? Keep trying though.

mmiller_34
November 26th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Yet SDSU showed up against NDSU? Keep trying though.

We will never play like that again this year. Anomaly.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 11:43 AM
We will never play like that again this year. Anomaly.

Just when I thought we could bond over SGA and then you go all Thumper on me. xnodx

The problem is, if I bet Thumper a case of beer that SDSU would lose, he would take it and SDSU would win. I can never win a bet against him.

mmiller_34
November 26th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Just when I thought we could bond over SGA and then you go all Thumper on me. xnodx

The problem is, if I bet Thumper a case of beer that SDSU would lose, he would take it and SDSU would win. I can never win a bet against him.

Haha.

Seriously though, I have never seen SDSU's DL perform as well as it did against NDSU this year. I couldn't believe what I was seeing that day. NDSU broke a few big runs, but a couple of the big ones were called back because of holding, outside of those runs everything was clogged in the middle... Then... we play Illinois State and really struggled to stop their run, same with USD.

I would say 9 of our 11 games we struggled to stop the run.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Haha.

Seriously though, I have never seen SDSU's DL perform as well as it did against NDSU this year. I couldn't believe what I was seeing that day. NDSU broke a few big runs, but a couple of the big ones were called back because of holding, outside of those runs everything was clogged in the middle... Then... we play Illinois State and really struggled to stop their run, same with USD.

I would say 9 of our 11 games we struggled to stop the run.

Just admit that you will beat UNI and all will be well. Both of your fanbases are sandbagging harder than New Orleans right now. xlolx

Panthers1995
November 26th, 2017, 07:56 PM
The winner of this game has to be the favorite to go to the semis don't they?

BEAR
November 26th, 2017, 08:07 PM

Why?

ElCid
November 26th, 2017, 08:08 PM

Not necessarily. It will be a tough game on the road for whoever wins this game against an expected Cent Ark team. They are not likely to lose this week.

Woody Hayes
November 26th, 2017, 08:13 PM
Because the Central Arkansas schedule compares to Monmouths. University of Incarnate Word? Come on man....

ElCid
November 26th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Because the Central Arkansas schedule compares to Monmouths. University of Incarnate Word? Come on man....

Cluelessness is disease. If you think Central Arkansas is on par with Monmouth then you know nothing.

BEAR
November 26th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Its alright..the SLC is a weak conference. Nicholls, McNeese, SHSU, and UCA were the only top 25 teams keeping it afloat this year. Can't wait to see the Panthers or the Bunnies on the stripes. Both will be tough for sure.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 08:38 PM

Have you seen them play? They are clearly a top 4 team. Try watching them play and you would be surprised how good they actually are.

FargoBison
November 26th, 2017, 08:41 PM
UCA is a solid team, whoever survives in Brookings is going to be in for a tough game in Conway. Expecting that game to be one of the best in the playoffs.

clenz
November 26th, 2017, 08:43 PM
UCA is pretty ****ing good. Plus the game is on that god awful surface.

Panthers1995
November 26th, 2017, 08:48 PM
UCA is pretty ****ing good. Plus the game is on that god awful surface.

There is no question that UCA is good, but there is also no question that either team coming there in the quarters isn't just as good. Hopefully they will draw a large enough crowd they will have to move it to a different stadium or something wild like that so we don't have to watch purple on purple on purple on purple.

CommishBigSmooth
November 26th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Have you seen them play? They are clearly a top 4 team. Try watching them play and you would be surprised how good they actually are.

Watch them (Central Arkansas) play who, exactly? No offense to them, but who have they beaten of any significance this season besides Sam Houston, who doesn't exactly carry the best of reputations for reasons that are well documented in many threads. Why are they so clearly a top 4 seed? Seven wins over Sagarin opponents that are rated 200 or higher. Yes, I know that they can't help who they play in conference, but I think the skepticism is well deserved. Now, do I think they will beat UNH this weekend? Absolutely. But I'll take the winner of SDSU-UNI over them without thinking twice about it.

cx500d
November 26th, 2017, 08:49 PM
There is no question that UCA is good, but there is also no question that either team coming there in the quarters isn't just as good. Hopefully they will draw a large enough crowd they will have to move it to a different stadium or something wild like that so we don't have to watch purple on purple on purple on purple.

I think there is question...Who have they beaten outside of the Softland?

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2017, 08:56 PM
I mean, it’s the 4-5 game unless UNI or UNH get the upset. It should be a good game. I learned not to underestimate UCA last year.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Watch them (Central Arkansas) play who, exactly? No offense to them, but who have they beaten of any significance this season besides Sam Houston, who doesn't exactly carry the best of reputations for reasons that are well documented in many threads. Why are they so clearly a top 4 seed? Seven wins over Sagarin opponents that are rated 200 or higher. Yes, I know that they can't help who they play in conference, but I think the skepticism is well deserved. Now, do I think they will beat UNH this weekend? Absolutely. But I'll take the winner of SDSU-UNI over them without thinking twice about it.

The fact that their closest game was against SFA and then the shallacking of SHSU says a lot. Everyone has a slip up game, even the 2013 Bison against UNI. That said, Hildebrand is a solid underrated pocket-passing QB and Crossley/Blackman are a solid combo out of the backfield. I am not saying they are a top 2 team, but there is no reason to believe that they cannot make the semis this year. While I would take SDSU's offense over ANY offense in the FCS, there is something about not playing on a tradition green surface that causes teams to struggle. Then again, anything is better than having to watch someone play on the Inferno.

FargoBison
November 26th, 2017, 09:03 PM
UCA beat SHSU by 10+ and demolished McNeese. The rolled through most of their conference games like you would expect, outside of SFA. They also looked good in the playoffs last year.

CommishBigSmooth
November 26th, 2017, 09:14 PM
The fact that their closest game was against SFA and then the shallacking of SHSU says a lot. Everyone has a slip up game, even the 2013 Bison against UNI. That said, Hildebrand is a solid underrated pocket-passing QB and Crossley/Blackman are a solid combo out of the backfield. I am not saying they are a top 2 team, but there is no reason to believe that they cannot make the semis this year. While I would take SDSU's offense over ANY offense in the FCS, there is something about not playing on a tradition green surface that causes teams to struggle. Then again, anything is better than having to watch someone play on the Inferno.

Both the games you cited do say a lot, which is why I am skeptical. They were down late to SFA in that game- scoring with under 2:00 left to win and nearly let Sammy come all the way back after being up by 17 in the middle of the 3rd quarter. I'm not sure I'd agree with that characterization as a shellacking of any kind. Credit for the win though. But I just don't see them having an answer when the competition is at or above their level.

CommishBigSmooth
November 26th, 2017, 09:21 PM
UCA beat SHSU by 10+ and demolished McNeese. The rolled through most of their conference games like you would expect, outside of SFA. They also looked good in the playoffs last year.

Yes, they beat SHSU by 10+....11 does qualify. But they led only 34-30 in the middle of Q4 after being up 17.
I'm not sure beating McNeese really proves much. They didn't beat anyone of consequence either and lost to Nicholls.
Credit to them for coming back and beating ISUr last year in the playoffs, but had to come from behind- at home- after being down 10. Then EWU rolled them in the 2nd half of that next playoff game- completely wore them down.

I guess they need to prove it to me again on a bigger stage. A game against SDSU or UNI qualifies in my book. Again, I think they beat UNH without a lot of difficulty.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Both the games you cited do say a lot, which is why I am skeptical. They were down late to SFA in that game- scoring with under 2:00 left to win and nearly let Sammy come all the way back after being up by 17 in the middle of the 3rd quarter. I'm not sure I'd agree with that characterization as a shellacking of any kind. Credit for the win though. But I just don't see them having an answer when the competition is at or above their level.

I'd argue that good teams find a way to win.

Look at any championship run. They almost always have some game in the season where they had to face competition that was able to play at their level and gave them a game. I would say if they beat UNH by more than 15-17pts, then they did what they were supposed to do. I would say they will beat them by 21+, but not beating them by at least 15-17 would cause me to panic about their abilities.

ElCid
November 26th, 2017, 09:41 PM

Didn't we already go through this with Nicholls. The same thing was said about them and how they would get demolished by SD. Well, SD squeezed out a 7 point win and they could have easily lost. I am no Southland apologist for sure, but I try and call them as accurately as I can. News flash, there are pretty strong teams playing in weaker conferences. Skepticism is only valid for informed fans.

Woody Hayes
November 26th, 2017, 09:46 PM
UNI by 21

CommishBigSmooth
November 26th, 2017, 09:48 PM
I'd argue that good teams find a way to win.

Look at any championship run. They almost always have some game in the season where they had to face competition that was able to play at their level and gave them a game. I would say if they beat UNH by more than 15-17pts, then they did what they were supposed to do. I would say they will beat them by 21+, but not beating them by at least 15-17 would cause me to panic about their abilities.

No disagreement there. And again, I expect them to win by about what you mention. But I just don't think the competition they play prepares them for what they face next. Beauty is, we'll see it on the field.

CommishBigSmooth
November 26th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Didn't we already go through this with Nicholls. The same thing was said about them and how they would get demolished by SD. Well, SD squeezed out a 7 point win and they could have easily lost. I am no Southland apologist for sure, but I try and call them as accurately as I can. News flash, there are pretty strong teams playing in weaker conferences. Skepticism is only valid for informed fans.

Absolutely. I will certainly be skeptical of supposed strong teams from weaker conferences that have good records, played weak conference schedules, and beat no one of any consequence. That's informed skepticism. If you look at UCA's schedule and it contains that much bottom-feeder material, skepticism is the only way to go. I have the same issue with Jacksonville, Sammy, etc.

As for Nicholls, they had their chance. But again, they played no one, beat no one, still got a home playoff game, and lost because they couldn't take care of the football against the 5th place Valley team. End of story.

ElCid
November 26th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Absolutely. I will certainly be skeptical of supposed strong teams from weaker conferences that have good records, played weak conference schedules, and beat no one of any consequence. That's informed skepticism. If you look at UCA's schedule and it contains that much bottom-feeder material, skepticism is the only way to go. I have the same issue with Jacksonville, Sammy, etc.

As for Nicholls, they had their chance. But again, they played no one, beat no one, still got a home playoff game, and lost because they couldn't take care of the football against the 5th place Valley team. End of story.

But did you actually watch them play? That was a valid point a few posts ago. Cent Ark is good regardless of who they played. If you watched them at all you would see that. I make it a point to at least watch one or two games of the top few teams in each conf (at least most) to actually see how they play.

But to get back to the other point, Cent Ark may very well be favored in the winner of this game. Maybe not. It will be within a score most likely regardless of who is favored. All depends on how the games this weekend go. It will be a tough game to call in any event.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 10:07 PM
No disagreement there. And again, I expect them to win by about what you mention. But I just don't think the competition they play prepares them for what they face next. Beauty is, we'll see it on the field.

I'd argue that teams that do not play in multi-bid leagues (3+) on a consistent basis are bound to have a rude awakening on a consistent basis. Look through the playoffs since 2010 and you will notice how 1 and 2 bid leagues usually fare when faced against competition where the teams generally club each other to death. There is a reason why the Valley is known as the Gauntlet of Death. If you can survive that with only 1 loss or less, you are primed for a solid run in the playoffs. There are always exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking, MVFC, CAA, and Big Sky teams end up making it past the Quarters on consistent basis is that they are forced to face solid teams on a consistent basis.

However, if they seeded the teams 1-24, I'd expect it would be a cluster**** of MVFC/CAA/Big Sky/SoCon teams in the Quarters with a combination of SHSU/UCA/JSU sprinkled in on a consistent basis.

CommishBigSmooth
November 26th, 2017, 10:26 PM
But did you actually watch them play? That was a valid point a few posts ago. Cent Ark is good regardless of who they played. If you watched them at all you would see that. I make it a point to at least watch one or two games of the top few teams in each conf (at least most) to actually see how they play.

But to get back to the other point, Cent Ark may very well be favored in the winner of this game. Maybe not. It will be within a score most likely regardless of who is favored. All depends on how the games this weekend go. It will be a tough game to call in any event.

I saw them get their doors blown off by K-State in the first half, and then the SHSU game. I am not saying UCA is a poor team. Quite the contrary, I think they are a good team who will make the national quarterfinals without much difficulty....and without playing an upper-echelon opponent.

I would make UNI a very slight favorite against UCA, maybe a point or two after figuring home field in. SDSU I would make about a TD favorite.

CommishBigSmooth
November 26th, 2017, 10:28 PM
I'd argue that teams that do not play in multi-bid leagues (3+) on a consistent basis are bound to have a rude awakening on a consistent basis. Look through the playoffs since 2010 and you will notice how 1 and 2 bid leagues usually fare when faced against competition where the teams generally club each other to death. There is a reason why the Valley is known as the Gauntlet of Death. If you can survive that with only 1 loss or less, you are primed for a solid run in the playoffs. There are always exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking, MVFC, CAA, and Big Sky teams end up making it past the Quarters on consistent basis is that they are forced to face solid teams on a consistent basis.

However, if they seeded the teams 1-24, I'd expect it would be a cluster**** of MVFC/CAA/Big Sky/SoCon teams in the Quarters with a combination of SHSU/UCA/JSU sprinkled in on a consistent basis.

Agree 100%.

RowdyRabbit
November 26th, 2017, 11:28 PM
I have no idea who's going to win this game. None. Zero.

Hopefully that Hobo Day abomination isn't in SDSU's head.

UNIFanSince1983
November 27th, 2017, 08:40 AM
I seriously think SDSU wins by 14. Sure UNI won the game earlier in the year, but are we to expect that we can get 3 turnovers off of SDSU again. Two of which were early in the game and lead to a quick 10-0 lead. Only twice did a scoring drive start outside of SDSU territory.

While I think it is possible we win, I really doubt it happens. SDSU has been playing much better since our loss. Including wins over WIU, NDSU, IlSt, and USD. They are rolling! While we have had 3 straight weeks of cupcakes.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2017, 08:43 AM

going all the way back to early in the 2016 season I had campaigned for Central Arkansas to get some attention in the AGS top 25 poll. I was challenged on this opinion and my only reply could was "I watched one of there games and the QB looks pretty good and they have some good skill players" .... the eyeball test is the most important stat for me

CappinHard
November 27th, 2017, 02:39 PM
5dimes says SDSU wins by 5.5 with a total of 57.5.

CappinHard
November 27th, 2017, 09:18 PM
5dimes says SDSU wins by 5.5 with a total of 57.5.

Up to 8.5 now. Slow down guys... there’s time for everyone’s thoughts on this game. No need to rush.

BNATION
November 28th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Ill take SDST 38-17. SDSt in the under. Print it.

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2017, 10:11 AM
I am looking forward to this one. Brookings is the only place I haven’t seen an MVFC game(until UND joins). Should be a great game. If they were giving South Dakota State 8 1/2 I would take UNI Because I think the Panthers have a Chance in this one. I would be shocked if the game was more than seven points either way.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2017, 10:17 AM
I am looking forward to this one. Brookings is the only place I haven’t seen an MVFC game(until UND joins). Should be a great game. If they were giving South Dakota State 8 1/2 I would take UNI Because I think the Panthers have a Chance in this one. I would be shocked if the game was more than seven points either way.

Yes, this is game is a close call, in the giimmers that I have been fortunate enough to see these teams, I would say Northern Iowas is the more consistent team, and with S Dak State, you never know what your going to get... more upside for S Dakota State if they find it...

BEAR
November 28th, 2017, 10:41 AM
This is a game I'll be watching for sure! xlolxxthumbsupx

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Yes, this is game is a close call, in the giimmers that I have been fortunate enough to see these teams, I would say Northern Iowas is the more consistent team, and with S Dak State, you never know what your going to get... more upside for S Dakota State if they find it...

When was the last time anyone said UNI was the more consistent team in a game? xlolx

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Something I found interesting is that SDSU has allowed roughly 250 rush yards per game over their last two games and UNI has ran for 210 rush yards per game over their last two games. If SDSU can rediscover the run defense they had against NDSU they should handle their business at home. If they continue the trend from their last couple games this one could get very interesting.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2017, 10:57 AM
When was the last time anyone said UNI was the more consistent team in a game? xlolx

after Monmouth...

TheKingpin28
November 28th, 2017, 10:58 AM

I would say something but that would be UNI Appropriation and I would hate to upset the overlord of UNI fandom.

clenz
November 28th, 2017, 11:11 AM
I would say something but that would be UNI Appropriation and I would hate to upset the overlord of UNI fandom.
I'll save you the effort

BLAH BLAH BLAH FARLEY GONNA FARLEY BLAH BLAH CLOSE GAME LOSS BLAH PLAYOFF LOSS

That sums up 98% of what you were going to post, I assume.

TheKingpin28
November 28th, 2017, 12:03 PM
I'll save you the effort

BLAH BLAH BLAH FARLEY GONNA FARLEY BLAH BLAH CLOSE GAME LOSS BLAH PLAYOFF LOSS

That sums up 98% of what you were going to post, I assume.

Not even close.

It had do with how amazing your running game is but continue to assume things. Once again, I say this, just cause it is your way does not make it the only way.

BNATION
November 28th, 2017, 01:33 PM
For those who attended the first meeting of this game. What did the eye test tell you?

Jacks02
November 28th, 2017, 01:39 PM
For those who attended the first meeting of this game. What did the eye test tell you?

Eye test didn't really apply because SDSU started the game off with multiple turnovers that led directly to UNI scores. SDSU got in a whole they could never dig out of. In the second half SDSU couldn't stop the run and UNI just ran the clock out.

BNATION
November 28th, 2017, 01:43 PM
So do you think the Jacks will have a problem saturday stopping the run?

Eye test didn't really apply because SDSU started the game off with multiple turnovers that led directly to UNI scores. SDSU got in a whole they could never dig out of. In the second half SDSU couldn't stop the run and UNI just ran the clock out.

JacksFan40
November 28th, 2017, 01:55 PM
If SDSU defends the run like they did against NDSU, they'll be fine. The offense is clicking and hopefully keeps rolling. If they can't stop the run though, SDSU's offense won't see the field very much.

CappinHard
November 28th, 2017, 02:08 PM

UNI will have some success running the ball, but the defense has definitely changed things and stepped up our run defense since the YSU disaster and the UNI loss. The key is SDSU scoring early and making UNI chase. This is what happened in the NDSU game that worked so well. That, and some timely penalties on their long runs. If you didn't know, the weather was terrible for the UNI game... windy, raining, and about 40 degrees... so I'm not sure if it was a decent weather day if our offense could have made a comeback. Honestly, they almost did make a run late in the 3rd quarter after SDSU scored to bring it to a 12 point lead, until a targeting penalty on a 3rd and long.

Basically, if UNI scores early, it's probably going to be a close game and could go either way. If SDSU scores early, I think we win by 10+.

SoDakSA
November 28th, 2017, 02:14 PM

I think the best way to stop the run is to not let them get it rolling. Getting down by 10 early allowed them to just ground and pound the entire time. If SDSU hangs onto the ball the Jacks win the first meeting easily. IMO this year's Jackrabbit team's best defense is their offense. The defense was built around playing with a lead and in the YSU and UNI games they were exposed.

Score early and don't turn the ball over. Those are some real in-depth keys to victory, huh?

clenz
November 28th, 2017, 02:23 PM
UNI will have some success running the ball, but the defense has definitely changed things and stepped up our run defense since the YSU disaster and the UNI loss. The key is SDSU scoring early and making UNI chase. This is what happened in the NDSU game that worked so well. That, and some timely penalties on their long runs. If you didn't know, the weather was terrible for the UNI game... windy, raining, and about 40 degrees... so I'm not sure if it was a decent weather day if our offense could have made a comeback. Honestly, they almost did make a run late in the 3rd quarter after SDSU scored to bring it to a 12 point lead, until a targeting penalty on a 3rd and long.

Basically, if UNI scores early, it's probably going to be a close game and could go either way. If SDSU scores early, I think we win by 10+.
Let's not act like UNI is still putting Carnes and Bailey at QB.

Dunne completes 62% of his passes. In 10 games he's thrown for 2,500 yards and 25 TD. That includes the SDSU game where Weymiller had 42 carries.
All this talk about how UNI relies so heavy on the run - UNI finished 9th in conference play in rushing and averaged 2.9 YPC. The amazing Marcus Weymiller averaged 4.0 ypc.

It's not like UNI can't/doesn't put up points and has no ability to throw the ball and is grinding out 13-9 wins.

Now, UNI is averaging an INT and fumble recovery per game on the season, so UNI's defense certainly has helped our offense.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2017, 02:47 PM

Have they really though? They held NDSU to a season low 108 yards on the ground but other than that in the other 4 games of SDSU's 5 game winning streak they're allowing, on average, 219 rush yards per game at 6 yards per carry. SDSU has mostly been winning in spite of their run defense not because of it.

ST_Lawson
November 28th, 2017, 02:53 PM
I think SDSU wins, but only because the "it's hard to beat a team twice in a season" and "it's at SDSU".

I think it'll be close though.

CappinHard
November 28th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Have they really though? They held NDSU to a season low 108 yards on the ground but other than that in the other 4 games of SDSU's 5 game winning streak they're allowing, on average, 219 rush yards per game at 6 yards per carry. SDSU has mostly been winning in spite of their run defense not because of it.

The difference has been that we aren't letting teams consistently run over us for 6 to 7 yards at a time, which takes a deeper look than just yards per game and yards per carry. This has translated to some longer runs being broken on us, which ends up making the overall statistics look worse, but I will take a long run every 10th run to make the statistics look bad (see the USD game) than actually giving up 6 or 7 yards per carry (see the YSU game). The difference really shows up when you look at the longest runs teams had and 3rd down conversions and TOP (I omitted the bad teams, as those games don't tell much, especially when it comes to talking about playoff matchups):

Opp., total rushing yds, ypc, longest run
YSU 310, 4.9, 17
UNI 218, 3.6, 15

WIU 130, 5.9, 39
NDSU 108, 4, 22
ISUr 215, 4.6, 22
USD 297, 6.8, 49 and 48

Opp., 3rd down %, TOP (us to them)
YSU 10 of 16, 15 to 45
UNI 7 of 17, 20 to 40

WIU 2 of 8 37 to 23
NDSU 5 of 10 35 to 25
ISUr 2 of 11 28 to 32
USD 5 of 15 32 to 28

Clearly we have been forcing more difficult 3rd down situations and getting off the field more consistently, and in turn making the TOP more balanced. We finally made a change that myself and many fans wanted to see, where we stopped sitting back in a soft base defense, and started run blitzing and stacking the box more. Our defense isn't good enough to do this and not get burnt for long runs once in a while, which it obviously has, but this style of defense suits our offense much better. Our offense needs the ball more than 20 minutes a game, even though they can strike fast, if they don't get enough chances and don't get the ball back for 7 or 8 minutes at a time, they can't get into a rhythm. Credit to the coaching staff for making changes that have turned the season around. After the YSU and UNI games there were some serious questions being asked, and rightfully so, but they have responded very well.

CappinHard
November 28th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Let's not act like UNI is still putting Carnes and Bailey at QB.

Dunne completes 62% of his passes. In 10 games he's thrown for 2,500 yards and 25 TD. That includes the SDSU game where Weymiller had 42 carries.
All this talk about how UNI relies so heavy on the run - UNI finished 9th in conference play in rushing and averaged 2.9 YPC. The amazing Marcus Weymiller averaged 4.0 ypc.

It's not like UNI can't/doesn't put up points and has no ability to throw the ball and is grinding out 13-9 wins.

Now, UNI is averaging an INT and fumble recovery per game on the season, so UNI's defense certainly has helped our offense.

I wasn't saying that UNI can only run the ball, I was just talking about how I think we'll do against the run. I like Dunne, I think he's a good QB, and I hope I get to see him throw the ball a lot because that means that UNI is likely chasing because SDSU is ahead. I look forward to the challenge of stopping all of UNI's offensive weapons.

mmiller_34
November 28th, 2017, 05:44 PM
4 more days.

Woody Hayes
November 28th, 2017, 06:51 PM

It told me that we will beat them again.

Thumper 76
November 28th, 2017, 08:38 PM

SDSU is an incredibly tough team to beat if you have to chase them. If the situation is flipped then anybody has a chance.

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2017, 06:55 AM
After the first game I am confident we have a chance. I can’t imagine we will get all those turnovers again, but our defense is pretty good at forcing some. If we can win or tie the turnover battle then I like our chances. SDSU seems like they have some games where the wheels fall off. Hard to believe we get two of those in the same season though.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2017, 07:14 AM
After the first game I am confident we have a chance. I can’t imagine we will get all those turnovers again, but our defense is pretty good at forcing some. If we can win or tie the turnover battle then I like our chances. SDSU seems like they have some games where the wheels fall off. Hard to believe we get two of those in the same season though.

yea, I said something like that about SDSU and how that might be why I might be picking N Iowa in this game.... but you ignored it and made fun about me saying N Iowa was more consistent

Bison56
November 29th, 2017, 07:34 AM
yea, I said something like that about SDSU and how that might be why I might be picking N Iowa in this game.... but you ignored it and made fun about me saying N Iowa was more consistentI
hope you get that hug you need.

clenz
November 29th, 2017, 07:38 AM
yea, I said something like that about SDSU and how that might be why I might be picking N Iowa in this game.... but you ignored it and made fun about me saying N Iowa was more consistent
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/400x/37913423/look-son-an-attention-whore.jpg

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2017, 07:44 AM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/400x/37913423/look-son-an-attention-whore.jpg

says the guy nearing 16,000 posts..... haha

clenz
November 29th, 2017, 07:59 AM
says the guy nearing 16,000 posts..... haha
My posts don't involve me hunting out attention and then calling back my posts looking for attention like yours do.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2017, 08:26 AM
My posts don't involve me hunting out attention and then calling back my posts looking for attention like yours do.

ok meme man

ST_Lawson
November 29th, 2017, 09:30 AM
ok meme man

https://i.imgflip.com/206xph.jpg

BisonFan02
November 29th, 2017, 09:37 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/206xph.jpg

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RegalSaltyAmbushbug-max-1mb.gif

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2017, 09:51 AM
ok meme man

You are loved.

clenz
November 29th, 2017, 10:13 AM
ok meme man

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171129/4053db794749a146e5374d149e90701e.jpg

BEAR
November 29th, 2017, 10:33 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RegalSaltyAmbushbug-max-1mb.gif

https://i.imgflip.com/20731i.jpg

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Let me know when you memes are ready to talk some football....

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2017, 11:17 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26639&stc=1

clenz
November 29th, 2017, 11:28 AM
https://image.prntscr.com/image/KsypVCqsROKKviD9zZzoGQ.jpg

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2017, 11:33 AM
i thought long and hard about that one. Lol.

clenz
November 29th, 2017, 12:27 PM
i thought long and hard about that one. Lol.

I wasn’t sure anyone would get that one.

Thumper 76
November 29th, 2017, 12:32 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171129/23401558272afcf6bd27f66fbc04114c.jpg

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Very cute, are we going to celebrate your 10th anniversary Cleanse? Ha

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2017, 12:56 PM
10th year on the board next year or are you insinuating he is a child?

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2017, 12:58 PM

not at all, I would never insult a child like that

clenz
November 29th, 2017, 12:58 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/347/143/96f.png

mmiller_34
November 29th, 2017, 06:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/IDmjNwe.gif

Its Wednesday and I am already bracing myself for the end of SDSU's football season. It will be fun to see Weymiller rack up the carries though. He runs like Zenner, I love it.

dewey
November 29th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Is Dunne playing for UNI? Maybe it was posted and I missed it.

Dewey

clenz
November 29th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Yup. In 2.5 quarters he earned national player of the week or some **** like that.

Vs Monmouth he went
18-26
260 yards
4 TD
0 INT

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2017, 10:40 PM
Is Dunne playing for UNI? Maybe it was posted and I missed it.

Dewey

hard to find any football talk on this thread for sure, I hope these millennials are self-employed or called in sick today....

anyway

speaking of Dunne, look for N Iowa to go to the air to win this game, I'm starting to lean N Iowa, despite S Dak State's weak run D and N Iowa grinding it out in the first game, that formula might not work this time.... let Dunne air it out some..... it's not like S Dak State is not going to score some points, but look for a late interception to seal the deal for Northern Iowa, to heck with that mindset you can't beat em twice in one year

Thumper 76
November 30th, 2017, 04:36 AM
hard to find any football talk on this thread for sure, I hope these millennials are self-employed or called in sick today....

anyway

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171130/834b733b1734f8663c8e45252c78e548.jpg

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2017, 07:09 AM
That's not bitching, it was posted out of pity for any adult over 35 supervisor of a millennial

the real bitching starts during and after game if anyone still cares about the game

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2017, 07:17 AM
I just think there is plenty of mutual respect between the fan bases in there isn’t really much more to say about the game. I think we’ve covered all the scenarios and strengths and weaknesses. Now we have two days of BS until kick off. :)

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2017, 07:31 AM
I just think there is plenty of mutual respect between the fan bases in there isn’t really much more to say about the game. I think we’ve covered all the scenarios and strengths and weaknesses. Now we have two days of BS until kick off. :)

I know, but I find these gifs so fascinating, are you kidding, Rodney Dangerfield would flip over in his grave if he knew about what people think is funny these days

I didn't know they have a football team down in Valparaiso...... if only the one in Chile was the actual location

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2017, 07:35 AM
That's not bitching, it was posted out of pity for any adult over 35 supervisor of a millennial

the real bitching starts during and after game if anyone still cares about the game

What if you are under 35 and a supervisor? :D

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 07:37 AM
I know, but I find these gifs so fascinating, are you kidding, Rodney Dangerfield would flip over in his grave if he knew about what people think is funny these days

I didn't know they have a football team down in Valparaiso...... if only the one in Chile was the actual location

Shocking a guy with zero sense of humor that is well past his prime that refuses to evolve with society doesn’t find memes and gifs funny. Them states how upset someone who died nearly 2 decades ago would be about memes and gifs when the reality is his stand up routine can be seen as a direct relative to meme culture. One liners designed around self deprecation or stupid moments that make people laugh. Memes are one liners designed around depreciation or stupid things to make fun of the absurd.

Honestly, guys like Rodney Dangerfield and Mitch Hedberg would love memes.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2017, 07:41 AM

well you would probably be right in step with your work force and instead of actually talking to them you would instant message them from the next cubicle

so no real pity from me

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 07:44 AM
As proof

https://i.imgur.com/UhBP0f9.png

Now to modernize that....we insert Bad Luck Brian

https://image.prntscr.com/image/zBMcetmNSoGskA8XGsEQ_w.jpg

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 07:45 AM
What about under 30 and supervising people your elders who aren't millennials all while generating record profits and margins that weren't being hit until the millineal took over and changed the stuck in the ways outdated ways of doing things?

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Shocking a guy with zero sense of humor that is well past his prime that refuses to evolve with society doesn’t find memes and gifs funny. Them states how upset someone who died nearly 2 decades ago would be about memes and gifs when the reality is his stand up routine can be seen as a direct relative to meme culture. One liners designed around self deprecation or stupid moments that make people laugh. Memes are one liners designed around depreciation or stupid things to make fun of the absurd.

Honestly, guys like Rodney Dangerfield and Mitch Hedberg would love memes.

nah, people get it, memes existed before but were seen behind the eyelids... a person with a real sense of humor see's them all the time and everyone see's them differently depending on your own brain, I think my problem with them is I've already played most of em in my mind... I don't need a video to see them again

are you saying Rodney has been dead for 20 years now? time has a way of sneaking up on you .... I'm not sure I agree with you though that Dangerfield would of been a big fan of gifs, gifts maybe ...

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2017, 07:54 AM
What about under 30 and supervising people your elders who aren't millennials all while generating record profits and margins that weren't being hit until the millineal took over and changed the stuck in the ways outdated ways of doing things?

great job!

CappinHard
November 30th, 2017, 09:08 AM

Same. Except I turned 30 this year... Now my 20s are gone.... Forever. RIP

Carribeanhen, you being a grumpy old guy makes so much sense and makes your posts not near as obnoxious. I used to hate your posts. Now I know to take them with a grain of salt.

X-Factor
November 30th, 2017, 09:20 AM
well you would probably be right in step with your work force and instead of actually talking to them you would instant message them from the next cubicle

so no real pity from me

I used to have a boss that would do this, at twice my age. Great boss too. Communication comes in many forms, there is no reason to discriminate any one of them

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2017, 09:20 AM

Carribeanhen, you being a grumpy old guy makes so much sense and makes your posts not near as obnoxious. I used to hate your posts. Now I know to take them with a grain of salt.

so I'm making sense? you must be getting old.... I just wan't someone to honestly without grains of sand or salt to tell me who's going to win this game.... everyone one that posted earlier is lying

BNATION
November 30th, 2017, 09:22 AM
What are the thoughts on Northern Iowa +10? seems like It'd be a decent line on the game.

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 09:24 AM

I'm in my last month and a half of my 20s. They were a good time.

Graduated from college
Got married
Had 2 kids
Bought 2 houses
Bought 2 cars
Almost earned my MBA and MSL (will graduate when I'm 30 so I'm mostly counting it)
Started as low as possible at the company I'm in and in 4 years have moved up to branch manger, member of the companies "inner circle club"

But I'm just a lazy millennial. My parents give me everything. I wear hipster clothing. I blame "the man". I don't value anything except me. I want everything just handed to me for free. As a millennial I'm part of the push to ruin/kill everything. Just Google "millennials killing *insert topic here*" and thousands of articles will pop up.

****ing millennials. We're the worst.

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 09:25 AM
I used to have a boss that would do this, at twice my age. Great boss too. Communication comes in many forms, there is no reason to discriminate any one of them
Nailed it.

No reason to leave your work station to interrupt what the other person is doing for a conversation that doesn't need to interrupt what they are doing. IMs serve a fantastic purpose.

I IM employees constantly.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Nailed it.

No reason to leave your work station to interrupt what the other person is doing for a conversation that doesn't need to interrupt what they are doing. IMs serve a fantastic purpose.

besides it's documented, also works well for people that don't hear so well.... not all old guys are stuck in the past. I mentioned it because it's kind of new not saying it's all bad

ST_Lawson
November 30th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Nailed it.

Ditto...I love IMs for communication. Less "overhead" than a long chain of back and forth 1-sentence emails, much easier to share links to sites with coworkers (I'm a web developer, we do that a lot) than talking in person, quick and efficient without standing at someone's office door and interrupting them if they're on the phone or in a meeting or something.

For reference: am 39, slightly too young to be GenX, slightly too old to be a Millennial.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Ditto...I love IMs for communication. Less "overhead" than a long chain of back and forth 1-sentence emails, much easier to share links to sites with coworkers (I'm a web developer, we do that a lot) than talking in person, quick and efficient without standing at someone's office door and interrupting them if they're on the phone or in a meeting or something.

For reference: am 39, slightly too young to be GenX, slightly too old to be a Millennial.

those are the advantageous reasons, but I still say some occasions call for a face to face with some eye contact, the IM makes it easy to blow smoke or have someone blow smoke up yours, body language and eye contact can still tell us a lot.... at least until you boys forget how to read it

I know there must be several gifs of the modern office crowd at lunch or the office Christmas party (can I still say Christmas) texting each other but never looking, soon you boys wont even be able to look at someone without a waiver

BEAR
November 30th, 2017, 10:08 AM

I care about the game. I don't want to see either of these teams in Conway. xbawlingx

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2017, 10:13 AM
I care about the game. I don't want to see either of these teams in Conway. xbawlingx
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26647&stc=1

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2017, 10:17 AM

looking past New Hampshire?... I don't blame you one bit

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Is there anything about the actual game to discuss?

It'll be the 13th time since 2006 UNI and SDSU have played. The same two coaches have coached every single one of those games.

UNI and SDSU also played every single season between 1935-1979 except for 1943, 1944 and 1947. Even during that period the coaches were more or less the same. As far as I can tell SDSU had 5 coaches over that period and UNI had 3 with one of the 3 only coaching for 2 season.

In 53 meetings there have only been 7 different coaching match ups.

This might be the single more boring series that exists. Literally nothing about the games/series ever changes.

ST_Lawson
November 30th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Maybe I'll just copy and paste my preview from Week 7 then...that I picked incorrectly: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-7-preview-2/

BEAR
November 30th, 2017, 10:37 AM
looking past New Hampshire?... I don't blame you one bit

Nah. Just being optimistic. But hey, if we lose then UNH and ( SDSU or UNI ) are more than welcome to come to Conway to play their matchup. I'm all for post-season FCS games anywhere! xthumbsupx

BEAR
November 30th, 2017, 10:40 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26647&stc=1

https://i.imgflip.com/209gmf.jpg

POD Knows
November 30th, 2017, 10:42 AM
SDSU wins this going away, it won't be close, 28-10. Oh what the hell, #bookit

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2017, 11:12 AM
Maybe I'll just copy and paste my preview from Week 7 then...that I picked incorrectly: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-7-preview-2/

Will you be previewing the playoff games? real good material

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2017, 11:15 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26648&stc=1

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2017, 12:46 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f704260deeaaeb7b05c3d589453f1fb8/tenor.gif?itemid=5656682

Can't believe you just put that evil on us.

CappinHard
November 30th, 2017, 12:54 PM

Someone doesn't want to see SDSU in Frisco.

Thumper 76
November 30th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Nailed it.

Where I work there’s no IMs etc, but the people who like to stand a BS during work instead of while they work tend to be the entitled old guys who have been there forever. They throw some dirty looks when their manager half their age tells them they can work and talk at the same time. Production is up though.....

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f704260deeaaeb7b05c3d589453f1fb8/tenor.gif?itemid=5656682

Can't believe you just put that evil on us.

Not sure of it’s power when SDSU fans have called for a loss before it’s issued though.

neverobeyed
November 30th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Is there anything about the actual game to discuss?

It'll be the 13th time since 2006 UNI and SDSU have played. The same two coaches have coached every single one of those games.

UNI and SDSU also played every single season between 1935-1979 except for 1943, 1944 and 1947. Even during that period the coaches were more or less the same. As far as I can tell SDSU had 5 coaches over that period and UNI had 3 with one of the 3 only coaching for 2 season.

In 53 meetings there have only been 7 different coaching match ups.

This might be the single more boring series that exists. Literally nothing about the games/series ever changes.

Ah, the old North Central Conference days. It was from the stencils on equipment bags being loaded onto a bus at O.R. Latham that I learned "jackrabbit" is one word.

CappinHard
November 30th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Not sure of it’s power when SDSU fans have called for a loss before it’s issued though.

Not to mention that it was used and didn't work for a certain game 26 days ago. xcoffeex

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Ah, the old North Central Conference days. It was from the stencils on equipment bags being loaded onto a bus at O.R. Latham that I learned "jackrabbit" is one word.
I wish I could have seen Latham but it was demolished 12 years before I was born. My major had me in Latham Hall for all of them.

The photos I've seen of it make me wish we still had it. It was unique from that I see in photos.

https://www.library.uni.edu/sites/default/files/resize/speccoll/images/lathamstad11-400x262.jpg
https://www.library.uni.edu/sites/default/files/resize/speccoll/images/lathamstad1-300x282.jpg

Behind these stands is Hudson Road and the Dome is where those trees are in the back ground
https://www.library.uni.edu/sites/default/files/football5.jpg

The track actually ran under the bleachers - so you had a track but seats weren't a mile from the field

https://www.library.uni.edu/sites/default/files/resize/speccoll/images/lathamstad7-401x267.jpg

You can see the track opening in this photo
https://www.library.uni.edu/sites/default/files/resize/speccoll/images/lathamstad4-400x236.jpg

CappinHard
November 30th, 2017, 02:50 PM
What's really sad is that stadium looks like what was in Brookings just 2 years ago... but nicer. xlolx

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 02:56 PM
What's really sad is that stadium looks like what was in Brookings just 2 years ago... but nicer. xlolx
Built 1934-1936.
Operated from 1936-1976

Holy ****. I just realized, the dome is officially older than O.R. Latham Stadium

neverobeyed
November 30th, 2017, 03:42 PM
I wish I could have seen Latham but it was demolished 12 years before I was born. My major had me in Latham Hall for all of them.

The photos I've seen of it make me wish we still had it. It was unique from that I see in photos.

https://www.library.uni.edu/sites/default/files/resize/speccoll/images/lathamstad11-400x262.jpg
https://www.library.uni.edu/sites/default/files/resize/speccoll/images/lathamstad1-300x282.jpg

Behind these stands is Hudson Road and the Dome is where those trees are in the back ground
https://www.library.uni.edu/sites/default/files/football5.jpg

The track actually ran under the bleachers - so you had a track but seats weren't a mile from the field

https://www.library.uni.edu/sites/default/files/resize/speccoll/images/lathamstad7-401x267.jpg

You can see the track opening in this photo
https://www.library.uni.edu/sites/default/files/resize/speccoll/images/lathamstad4-400x236.jpg

The east bank of stands at one time was a post-WWII dorm for men, called Stadium Hall. I know a guy who was in the last group of students to live there.

The running track in that picture was actually an enclosed indoor track and was under the west bank of stands. I still remember that smell - it was a dirt track with sharp turns and very dark in certain lengths of track.

The west bank was taken down just after the Dome was built, I think. The east bank and field was there until at least the mid-'80s. It is now a parking lot.

Woody Hayes
November 30th, 2017, 07:28 PM

I have been on panthernation for years and marvel at how you and clenz always bitched about Lakes being stupid, you guys are being stupid.

Woody Hayes
November 30th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Built 1934-1936.
Operated from 1936-1976

Holy ****. I just realized, the dome is officially older than O.R. Latham Stadium

Do you do anything but post on here?

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2017, 07:40 PM
I have been on panthernation for years and marvel at how you and clenz always bitched about Lakes being stupid, you guys are being stupid.
I think lakes is fine and actually came to his defense quite often. We are joking around on a message board. If you think that is stupid I don’t care. I don’t know the real world name associated with your username, but I can’t imagine I’d be any more concerned about your opinion if I did. I like to joke around and have a good time while also discussing sports. I cross the line sometimes, but the world keeps turning. xpeacex

ST_Lawson
November 30th, 2017, 07:45 PM

The MVFC ones, yes...at least that's my plan. This week was kinda crazy and it's taken me a little longer to get them written (even though it's only three games). I was hoping to have it go out tomorrow morning, but it might be early afternoon tomorrow. I'll be sure to post it to the TheFCSWedge.com articles thread and this year's Casey's Pizza (sponsored by Missouri Valley Football) thread once I have it up.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2017, 08:15 PM
The MVFC ones, yes...at least that's my plan. This week was kinda crazy and it's taken me a little longer to get them written (even though it's only three games). I was hoping to have it go out tomorrow morning, but it might be early afternoon tomorrow. I'll be sure to post it to the TheFCSWedge.com articles thread and this year's Casey's Pizza (sponsored by Missouri Valley Football) thread once I have it up.

your work is appreciated Sir!

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Do you do anything but post on here?

Nope. Never. Ever. I get paid to post here.

What’s funny is I know who you are. Of you polled PN members as to who was more liked as a poster between the two of us, you wouldn’t like the results.

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 09:02 PM

You...uh....literally stalked out lakes wedding announcement and posted it on PN in your attempt to drag lakes through mud.

Notice a screen name look familiar in getting called out for it

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/73f6b80bcc4e346eb07cb670c82ee553.jpg

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 09:06 PM
Interesting in doing the most basic of searches. Turns out your ability to internet stalk people and obsess over them was/is pretty well known on PN

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/f4d5e7fd665d71da8d1ae0b54f94a356.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/caf03b085602f681ace76ac06b97934c.jpg

This is literally fish in a barrel with zero effort on PN

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/9b5a7ca4f729c16d345dd43af3a5290e.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/7e49a72fa53f0ab2bc904418419e3327.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/d2f3c9d8de8fda8398ad94807820b7f0.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/5177dc4e86e0367a2d8b35c29e585744.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/e3cf74bf432bcb81876eab6f59280de3.jpg

And Incase you want to pull the “that’s not me” card

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/74ffe5ba32f65eeaec214aa512f489c5.jpg

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2017, 09:12 PM
http://rs1382.pbsrc.com/albums/ah248/mitchellmiller32/A6EAE8B0-50C8-450C-A7A0-27355B92EF66_zpsycy8m0y0.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

The NCAA needs to get rid of these tricky-tack playoff game rules.

Also whoever posted this must not be an English major.

Woody Hayes
November 30th, 2017, 09:13 PM
You...uh....literally stalked out lakes wedding announcement and posted it on PN in your attempt to drag lakes through mud.

Notice a screen name look familiar in getting called out for it

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/73f6b80bcc4e346eb07cb670c82ee553.jpg

It's not really a secret about who I am, who cares who I am on panthernation? I am 1988. Everyone might applaud somebody calling out Lakes. There are probably 3 people who know who that is....turn a new leaf and talk football and quit being a douche to everyone. You don't seem to know a lot about football on here either. You do make some great memes though! So.....do we need to wait for your prediction or are you going upload some damn picture? AND YOU HAVE KEPT THIS DAMN SCREENSHOT FOR 12 YEARS?? DUDE GET A LIFE.

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2017, 09:16 PM
It's not really a secret about about who I am, who cares who I am on panthernation? I am 1988. There are probably 3 people who know who that is....turn a new leaf and talk football and quit being a douche to everyone. You don't seem to know a lot about football on here either. You do make some great memes though! So.....do we need to wait for your prediction or are you going upload some damn picture?

Well since you posted your AGS username on PN it was pretty easy for him to find. Are you counting PN moderators in the number of people who know who you are? xlolx

You do realize Caribbeanhen is essentially a character, right?

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 09:20 PM
It's not really a secret about who I am, who cares who I am on panthernation? I am 1988. Everyone might applaud somebody calling out Lakes. There are probably 3 people who know who that is....turn a new leaf and talk football and quit being a douche to everyone. You don't seem to know a lot about football on here either. You do make some great memes though! So.....do we need to wait for your prediction or are you going upload some damn picture? AND YOU HAVE KEPT THIS DAMN SCREENSHOT FOR 12 YEARS?? DUDE GET A LIFE.

Kept a screen shot 12 years? You’re dumb. A quick search of “1988” led me to you in about 5 seconds.

Then all it took was a search of 1988 for the gold to come rolling in.

IIRC you had tickets a couple rows infront of me during the Rennie years. I believe you were the one screaming RENNIE SUCKS! PUT THE WHITE QB IN” as loud as you could. Then when he went down injured you cheered and celebrated as loud as you could.

No_Skill
November 30th, 2017, 09:23 PM
The east bank of stands at one time was a post-WWII dorm for men, called Stadium Hall. I know a guy who was in the last group of students to live there.

The running track in that picture was actually an enclosed indoor track and was under the west bank of stands. I still remember that smell - it was a dirt track with sharp turns and very dark in certain lengths of track.

The west bank was taken down just after the Dome was built, I think. The east bank and field was there until at least the mid-'80s. It is now a parking lot.

People living there???

Not a stadium. xlolx

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Oh the irony of him saying he enjoyed Lakes

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/d7bf8da637d148c60388946523f8f271.jpg

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2017, 09:26 PM
My feelings after reading UNI fans fight with each other and dragging **** from panther nation here:

https://media.giphy.com/media/Y4U8BRupevDri/giphy.gif

WTF IS GOING ON.

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2017, 09:31 PM
Not to mention that it was used and didn't work for a certain game 26 days ago. xcoffeex

I just really feel like I’ve dropped the ball this week. If we lose it’s my fault.

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 09:34 PM
What’s funny is Rick is the lakes of the UNI fan base. He’s literally been disowned by the UNI fan base on twitter and has others in the fan base apologizing to people he stalks and becomes obsessed with and attacks on twitter.

The best was when he went after UNIs largest donors kid on twitter.

Like lakes he sells, or sold don’t now if he still does advertising for a tv station.

Woody Hayes
November 30th, 2017, 09:34 PM
Kept a screen shot 12 years? You’re dumb. A quick search of “1988” led me to you in about 5 seconds.

Then all it took was a search of 1988 for the gold to come rolling in.

IIRC you had tickets a couple rows infront of me during the Rennie years. I believe you were the one screaming RENNIE SUCKS! PUT THE WHITE QB IN” as loud as you could. Then when he went down injured you cheered and celebrated as loud as you could.

I can guarantee I didn't say anything about a white QB so you might want to step that one back. Rennie did suck. I still sit there and I yell as loud as I can now about people that suck. How about you get over your man crush and we discuss football on a football forum? Do you know anything about football?

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2017, 09:37 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpw6sn0HrSEdih2/giphy.gif

Woody Hayes
November 30th, 2017, 09:44 PM
What’s funny is Rick is the lakes of the UNI fan base. He’s literally been disowned by the UNI fan base on twitter and has others in the fan base apologizing to people he stalks and becomes obsessed with and attacks on twitter.

The best was when he went after UNIs largest donors kid on twitter.

Like lakes he sells, or sold don’t now if he still does advertising for a tv station.

My name is Rick Milks, I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and I seem to have a dude that is in love with me. I am 1988 on Panthernation and I have had seats in section R, in the front row in the UNI Dome for 25 years. There are no secrets here. I have lots of friends at UNI and Clenz seems jealous.

Lets get over Clenz man crush on me and talk football. I WISH I HAD THE REPUTATION OF LAKES!!! THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT!!! THAT DUDE LIVES THE LIFE.

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2017, 09:46 PM
My name is Rick Milks, I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and I seem to have a dude that is in love with me. I am 1988 on Panthernation and I have had seats in section R, in the front row in the UNI Dome for 25 years. There are no secrets here. I have lots of friends at UNI and Clenz seems jealous.

Lets get over Clenz man crush on me and talk football. I WISH I HAD THE REPUTATION OF LAKES!!! THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT!!! THAT DUDE LIVES THE LIFE.

**** you. Clenz is my black friend, guy.

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 09:47 PM
I think what’s most amusing is that, for all the football talk that does happen here, literally zero threads contain 100% serious football talk. This site has a very distinct feel, and meme/gif culture is very much part of that. This thread has progressed exactly like every thread has on this site.

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2017, 09:48 PM

This post is not very internet smart, or safe.

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 09:48 PM

Why did you start a petition to get him banned from PN then?

You spent years stalking him and dragging him through the mud.

clenz
November 30th, 2017, 09:49 PM
This post is not very internet smart, or safe.

Nothing about his internet presence is smart/safe.

cx500d
November 30th, 2017, 09:51 PM

What's your social security number? What's your mom's maiden name?

Woody Hayes
November 30th, 2017, 09:52 PM
Why did you start a petition to get him banned from PN then?

You spent years stalking him and dragging him through the mud.

Why do you have a crush on me bro?

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Why do you have a crush on me bro?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/22/45/82/22458254aca4a1cfa9a21cfa5c410fa7.gif

Woody Hayes
November 30th, 2017, 09:54 PM
My mom's maiden name is iamclenzmancrush.

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2017, 09:55 PM

Thats weird. Is that Dutch?

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2017, 09:57 PM

https://i.imgur.com/vtA9PPV.jpg

Woody Hayes
November 30th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Nothing about his internet presence is smart/safe.

We joined this site the same month and you have 15,927 more posts than me. Do you know what a life outside of typing on a computer can be? You seem to know a lot about me. Is my picture your screensaver?

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2017, 10:01 PM
We joined this site the same month and you have 15,927 more posts than me. Do you know what a life outside of typing on a computer can be? You seem to know a lot about me. Is my picture your screensaver?

You're not good at this. Do better.

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2017, 10:02 PM

There are a lot of posters on AGS with over 10,000 posts. Its more of an honor really so what you really gave him was a compliment. I am quite embarrassed with my low post count.

cx500d
November 30th, 2017, 10:07 PM

When you go to the chinese restaurant in Cedar Falls, do you always order the Cream of Sumyunguy soup?

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2017, 10:09 PM
When you go to the chinese restaurant in Cedar Falls, do you always order the Cream of Sumyunguy soup?

https://media.giphy.com/media/kUFlw7XaGE36w/giphy.gif

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2017, 10:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmngJr6kG8Y

TheKingpin28
November 30th, 2017, 10:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmngJr6kG8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok85BmPyl_I

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2017, 10:21 PM
UNI - 27
SDSU - 24

neverobeyed
November 30th, 2017, 10:30 PM
UNI - 27
SDSU - 24

Football talk?! Here? Now? Focus, man, focus ...

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2017, 10:35 PM
Football talk?! Here? Now? Focus, man, focus ...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/694/960/679.jpg

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2017, 11:19 PM
UNI - 27
SDSU - 24

Its not going to be that close...

CappinHard
November 30th, 2017, 11:23 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/the_worst_the_office.gif

https://media1.tenor.com/images/67301c110313dfb88b2eedbe70f5df79/tenor.gif

Thumper 76
December 1st, 2017, 01:29 AM
Goddamn it I always miss the fun ****. And anyone who expected this thread to focus on football obviously hasn’t had any interaction in a all MVFC thread yet.....

Thumper 76
December 1st, 2017, 01:32 AM

Oh man post count trash talk xlolx

I had a meme for this but you truly aren’t worth the effort. This is like watching a deaf kid in musical chairs.

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2017, 05:10 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26653&stc=1

Kemo
December 1st, 2017, 06:33 AM
Matt Zimmer (SDSU beat writer for the Argus Leader) just put out a very detailed story about Coach Stig and his tenure at South Dakota State. Very good read.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2017/11/30/leader-jacks-john-stiegelmeier-guides-sdsu-through-21-years-thick-and-thin/905366001/

Bison56
December 1st, 2017, 06:46 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/7ybaz.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjGxJ2E7OjXAhVL72MKHeb6BoQQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgflip.com%2Fi%2F7ybaz&psig=AOvVaw3_EFU-qIs9eHKbU0S6Vl3G&ust=1512218735745163)

TheKingpin28
December 1st, 2017, 06:59 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/7ybaz.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjGxJ2E7OjXAhVL72MKHeb6BoQQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgflip.com%2Fi%2F7ybaz&psig=AOvVaw3_EFU-qIs9eHKbU0S6Vl3G&ust=1512218735745163)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26654&stc=1

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2017, 07:34 AM

Just wait I haven’t gotten to work yet.

clenz
December 1st, 2017, 07:50 AM
Oh man post count trash talk xlolx

I had a meme for this but you truly aren’t worth the effort. This is like watching a deaf kid in musical chairs.

16,000 sounds like a lot...and it probably is(?)

However, the math is far less jarring than the total sum.

Let's pretend I joined November 1st, 2008 - I have no idea if that's true but pretend it is. That's 3,318 days. 16,009 (this post is 16,009) in 3,318 days is 4.something posts per day. Wow. What I schmuck I am. I never leave AGS, ever. Those 4 posts per day take up about 2 hours a piece of my day.

I'm always amazed at people who use post count as a slam. It literally takes a minute, maybe two, to write 95% of the posts on this site. If you do use the site daily - just as Rick Milks uses Twitter daily - where he has about 5,000 more tweets than I do...GET A LIFE OUTSIDE OF TWITTER MAN, JEEPERS.... - then 4 posts per day will add up very quickly. It's amazing what compounding totals do rather than resetting every day/month/quarter/season/year/etc.. I have 2.5 times more posts than you in the same time frame, but the difference in per day activity is 2.5ish posts per day. That's not that much.

Rick sent 7 Tweets yesterday. 5 the day before that, 9 before that, 8 before that. He's averaging over 7 tweets per day. Get a new hobby, Jeeze. Keep that up for 9 years and you'll have over 24,000 tweets. Wow man. Do you do anything but tweet? He also seems "man crushy" on certain twitter users. Even after they block him for harassing them - or he blocks them because he doesn't like the comebacks they give to his harassment - he continues to @ them or mention them. Probably about 60% of his tweets are calling someone a moron, stupid, dumb, idiot, etc... and/or accusing them of being obsessed with him.

Generally the difference in "high post users" and "low post users" is low post users tend only to show up when their team is winning or only during football season while people like me hang around all year. Having been on this forum long enough there are a couple types of posters

1. All year posters, doesn't matter how team is doing
2. Only during football season, doesn't matter how team is doing
3. Novembier/Decemberists - only show up in the month of November/December when their team is doing well
4. Early season hype men - only show up August through about mid-October when their team falls well short of playoff expectations.

I stay all year. I enjoy this site so I stick around.

The official MVFC thread for this season has 2,900 posts in it. I'd bet 97% of them are not football related. Probably 75+% of them are about pizza

POD Knows
December 1st, 2017, 07:57 AM

Can't believe you just put that evil on us.You will be OK, it doesn't work anymore. Something happened in the cosmos,

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2017, 08:10 AM

Let's pretend I joined November 1st, 2008 - I have no idea if that's true but pretend it is. That's 3,318 days. 16,009 (this post is 16,009) in 3,318 days is 4.something posts per day. Wow. What I schmuck I am. I never leave AGS, ever. Those 4 posts per day take up about 2 hours a piece of my day.

I'm always amazed at people who use post count as a slam. It literally takes a minute, maybe two, to write 95% of the posts on this site. If you do use the site daily - just as Rick Milks uses Twitter daily - where he has about 5,000 more tweets than I do...GET A LIFE OUTSIDE OF TWITTER MAN, JEEPERS.... - then 4 posts per day will add up very quickly. It's amazing what compounding totals do rather than resetting every day/month/quarter/season/year/etc.. I have 2.5 times more posts than you in the same time frame, but the difference in per day activity is 2.5ish posts per day. That's not that much.

Rick sent 7 Tweets yesterday. 5 the day before that, 9 before that, 8 before that. He's averaging over 7 tweets per day. Get a new hobby, Jeeze. Keep that up for 9 years and you'll have over 24,000 tweets. Wow man. Do you do anything but tweet? He also seems "man crushy" on certain twitter users. Even after they block him for harassing them - or he blocks them because he doesn't like the comebacks they give to his harassment - he continues to @ them or mention them. Probably about 60% of his tweets are calling someone a moron, stupid, dumb, idiot, etc... and/or accusing them of being obsessed with him.

Generally the difference in "high post users" and "low post users" is low post users tend only to show up when their team is winning or only during football season while people like me hang around all year. Having been on this forum long enough there are a couple types of posters

3. Novembier/Decemberists - only show up in the month of November/December when their team is doing well
4. Early season hype men - only show up August through about mid-October when their team falls well short of playoff expectations.

The official MVFC thread for this season has 2,900 posts in it. I'd bet 97% of them are not football related. Probably 75+% of them are about pizza

Think about posting in a game thread while watching. If I don’t go to a UNI game I could rack up 200 posts in one day watching games at home and discussing them with others.

POD Knows
December 1st, 2017, 08:10 AM

Lets get over Clenz man crush on me and talk football. I WISH I HAD THE REPUTATION OF LAKES!!! THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT!!! THAT DUDE LIVES THE LIFE.Hey, what is the name of that Japanese sushi joint in that strip mall on the south side of CR, I think the strip mall is kind of a L shaped deal.

POD Knows
December 1st, 2017, 08:13 AM
There are a lot of posters on AGS with over 10,000 posts. Its more of an honor really so what you really gave him was a compliment. I am quite embarrassed with my low post count.How many boards do you post on, add the total of those posts up and see if you hit the milestone. You might be surprised, some of these guys are on 10 message boards it seems like.

clenz
December 1st, 2017, 08:17 AM
Think about posting in a game thread while watching. If I don’t go to a UNI game I could rack up 200 posts in one day watching games at home and discussing them with others.
Yup. Heck, even watching a UNI game that you didn't go to and ignoring all other games. I've racked up probably a hundred posts in one game before.

neverobeyed
December 1st, 2017, 08:35 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/694/960/679.jpg

Attaboy!

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2017, 08:49 AM

I did this last weekend.

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2017, 09:02 AM
I did this last weekend.
Loser. Get a life. ;) xlolx

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2017, 09:02 AM
How many boards do you post on, add the total of those posts up and see if you hit the milestone. You might be surprised, some of these guys are on 10 message boards it seems like.

......how the **** do you already have 10k posts. xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
December 1st, 2017, 09:23 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26657&stc=1

POD Knows
December 1st, 2017, 09:28 AM
......how the **** do you already have 10k posts. xlolxIt doesn't take long when most of my posts are STFU or Blow Me. I did 5 or 6 today in the time it took me to do a file transfer to corporate this morning.

Bison56
December 1st, 2017, 09:30 AM
......how the **** do you already have 10k posts. xlolx

He is a go getter.

CappinHard
December 1st, 2017, 09:52 AM

Dude, you are a loose cannon. A quick look at your panthernation posts and your twitter feed along with your posts on here... yikes. I'm guessing the folks at KWWL Channel 7 news wouldn't appreciate some of the things you post. You're supposed to manage some of their accounts and help those accounts make marketing decisions? Someone already mentioned how bad of an idea it is to post your personal info, especially when you spout off like an idiot, right?

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2017, 10:01 AM
Dude, you are a loose cannon. A quick look at your panthernation posts and your twitter feed along with your posts on here... yikes. I'm guessing the folks at KWWL Channel 7 news wouldn't appreciate some of the things you post. You're supposed to manage some of their accounts and help those accounts make marketing decisions? Someone already mentioned how bad of an idea it is to post your personal info, especially when you spout off like an idiot, right?

https://i.imgur.com/pyycy1c.gif

No_Skill
December 1st, 2017, 10:14 AM

Clenz:
Argues he only makes 4 posts per day...

...ignores average word per post is 10,000.

:D

neverobeyed
December 1st, 2017, 10:22 AM
Clenz:

Complete sentences; states his thesis, provides supporting points, summarizes; even uses bulleted lists ...

https://i.imgflip.com/yf7b7.jpg

Bison56
December 1st, 2017, 10:50 AM
Clenz:

I don't know who is worse clenz and youngterrier?

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2017, 10:57 AM
You have to start by defining worse.

Hammerhead
December 1st, 2017, 11:00 AM

Only when he goes to Iowa City to eat at the Hung Far Lo Chinese place.

clenz
December 1st, 2017, 11:39 AM

It takes very little time to actually make my posts. For better or worse I have a really good memory for useless ****, like what gets talked about here. I also have a large data base built of stupid facts that are easy to access to help me.

What’s ironic is he claims I don’t know football and never post about it yet I’m back to back AGS MVP poster and back to back FCS poster of the year runner up

Whatever though.

Bison56
December 1st, 2017, 11:49 AM
It takes very little time to actually make my posts. For better or worse I have a really good memory for useless ****, like what gets talked about here. I also have a large data base built of stupid facts that are easy to access to help me.

What’s ironic is he claims I don’t know football and never post about it yet I’m back to back AGS MVP poster and back to back FCS poster of the year.

Whatever though.

I still love ya, and usually enjoy reading your informative posts.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2017, 11:59 AM
I came here to talk football and all I got was this stupid gif

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2017, 12:20 PM

Well obviously me because I'm not as cool as clenz

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2017, 12:31 PM

What’s ironic is he claims I don’t know football and never post about it yet I’m back to back AGS MVP poster and back to back FCS poster of the year runner up

Whatever though.

I never said you didn't know FCS football, heck I appreciate your insight on MVFC football (not just UNI), and I probably value your insight more than I value the insight of other fans. We have differences of opinion and things get heated between certain posters on any given issue but this is all in good fun. xthumbsupx

My signature is more of a joke than anything; you and like three other people who were here before my undergrad hiatus 2013-mid-2016 apparently remember more about me than the other way around and are angry about it(?).

Bison56
December 1st, 2017, 01:38 PM
I came here to talk football and all I got was this stupid gif

You should cash in on those t-shirts.

FUGameBreaker
December 2nd, 2017, 07:21 AM
May the best MVFC team win!

NDSUtk
December 2nd, 2017, 07:28 AM
May the best MVFC team win!NDSU isn't playing in this game though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk