PDA

View Full Version : SHSU to now play Alcorn St.

patssle
February 13th, 2007, 12:05 PM
As posted on the official Bearkat website.

Aug. 30 (Thur) 6 p.m. ALCORN STATE HUNTSVILLE
Sept. 8 (Sat.) 6 p.m. ARKANSAS-MONTICELLO HUNTSVILLE
Sept. 15 (Sat.) --- open ---
Sept. 22 (Sat.) --- open ---
Sept. 29 (Sat.) TBA Oklahoma State Stillwater, OK

Go Bison
February 13th, 2007, 12:15 PM

Are you guys going to play NDSU or not? Anyone know for sure.

jstate83
February 13th, 2007, 12:21 PM

Either somebody is offering a lot of money for ya'll to go to huntsville or you got your SWAC teams mixed up.

Why are ya'll skipping Lorman Mississippi and Jack Spink's Stadium to go to Alabama A@M Country?:confused:

BearsCountry
February 13th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Well it looks like our buyout of you guys is getting us a home bb game with Auburn out of the deal.

slycat
February 13th, 2007, 12:27 PM
interesting pick up. i like seeing the slc play swac. the game against ndsu would be more interesting though.

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Are you guys going to play NDSU or not? Anyone know for sure.

Contract not signed at this point, but this makes more sense for the Kats. Simple matter is, if we do schedule NDSU, atleast we only have one sub-Div I team.

This schedule matches up (if NDSU is added) exactly as I would like to see it. A very winnable FCS (Alcorn St), a strong FCS (NDSU), a sub-Div I (UAM, it's just the business of Div I football) and an FBS foe (Oklahoma St).

Avoiding two Div II teams is ideal as it would put us in a tough spot as it relates to an at-large bid. Kats have a history with Alcorn St (Steve McNair getting taken to the shed on ABC-TV infront of largest crowd in Bearkat history). Wonder if it's a home-and-home. If it is, it will show the difference the 'mandate' is making in the SWAC. More SLC vs SWAC games!

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Great moment in Bearkat history...

Oct. 24, 1994 - A crowd of 16,148 (the largest crowd ever to witness a sports event in Huntsville) watches along with an ABC regional television audience as Sam Houston State defeats 14th-ranked Alcorn State (and their NFL-bound quarterback Steve McNair) at Bowers Stadium.

http://bearkats.shsu.edu/athletics/history.html

BearsCountry
February 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Contract not signed at this point, but this makes more sense for the Kats. Simple matter is, if we do schedule NDSU, atleast we only have one sub-Div I team.

This schedule matches up (if NDSU is added) exactly as I would like to see it. A very winnable FCS (Alcorn St), a strong FCS (NDSU), a sub-Div I (UAM, it's just the business of Div I football) and an FBS foe (Oklahoma St).

Exactly you guys have a nice schedule for this year, that is the format most Gateway schools try to do.

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Exactly you guys have a nice schedule for this year, that is the format most Gateway schools try to do.

SHSU like the rest of our SLC counterparts has really needed those FBS money games. The Missouri St game that was canceled due to Rita was no good for the athletic department and especially with all the enhancements, efforts needed to be made to bring in the money...

Hopefully from here on out, SHSU will have one sub-Div I game and one FBS game. Would be nice if we could remove that sub-Div I game...

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2007, 01:10 PM
As I said on another thread...

Alcorn St currently has Grambling listed as their week one opposition. The two teams (Grambling and Alcorn St, as well as SHSU) have a mutual off-date on Sept 15th.

Wonder what's going on there...

jstate83
February 13th, 2007, 02:05 PM
As I said on another thread...

Alcorn St currently has Grambling listed as their week one opposition. The two teams (Grambling and Alcorn St, as well as SHSU) have a mutual off-date on Sept 15th.

Wonder what's going on there...

Red River Classic.

The hurricane made them change this date the last 2 years but this game has ALWAY's been played the first game of the season in the SWAC.

That's why I ask why is ALCORN going to HUNTSVILLE to play SDSU.
Are ya'll sure it's not Alabama A@M?:confused:

Huntsville/Normal Alabama is their territory.

MACHIAVELLI
February 13th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Either somebody is offering a lot of money for ya'll to go to huntsville or you got your SWAC teams mixed up.

Why are ya'll skipping Lorman Mississippi and Jack Spink's Stadium to go to Alabama A@M Country?:confused:

There is a Huntsville in Texas too.

jstate83
February 13th, 2007, 02:32 PM
There is a Huntsville in Texas too.

DID not know that...............Thanks.............That SPLAIN's it. xlolx

BearsCountry
February 13th, 2007, 03:53 PM
SHSU like the rest of our SLC counterparts has really needed those FBS money games. The Missouri St game that was canceled due to Rita was no good for the athletic department and especially with all the enhancements, efforts needed to be made to bring in the money...

Hopefully from here on out, SHSU will have one sub-Div I game and one FBS game. Would be nice if we could remove that sub-Div I game...

We need that FBS game as well, that is what caused all this crazy schedule moving with our two schools. I agree it would be nice to get rid of a sub-Div 1 game but it just cancels out the FBS game, and we get to play the opposite role.

Panther88
February 13th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I think PV has an open date on either the 15th or 22nd. I'm leaning towards the 22nd though (historically after Southern, we have an open date before Grambling).

Wonder why the ADs won't hookup? lol Too close in proximity? Who stands to lose more? PV used to hookup w/ SFA back in the day quite a bit.

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2007, 10:22 PM
An hour late...

SHSU changes the schedule from ALCORN ST to ANGELO ST.

Darn shame...would've loved to have the Braves on the schedule or any FCS team instead of a Div II Angelo State...

Late Missouri St move did us in...

MACHIAVELLI
February 13th, 2007, 10:37 PM
An hour late...

Darn shame...would've loved to have the Braves on the schedule or any FCS team instead of a Div II Angelo State...

Alcorn wasn't going to be the first game anyway. You had a chance with the 15th date.

BearsCountry
February 13th, 2007, 10:54 PM
An hour late...

Sorry guys, blame ESPN, Auburn, and K-State.

TexasTerror
February 14th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Alcorn wasn't going to be the first game anyway. You had a chance with the 15th date.

Would've been nice...

Until NDSU deal is signed, you never know what will happen on September 15th...

3rd Coast Tiger
February 14th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Pitiful.... Sam schedules a Division II program now. :nonono2:

patssle
February 14th, 2007, 01:43 PM
yes, because there is an abundance of FCS schools in the Southwest that arn't in the SLC.

3rd Coast Tiger
February 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Just thinking about all the grief SWAC programs as a whole has received when it is only a handful; all ten schools get ripped and get the blame for it.

TexasTerror
February 14th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Just thinking about all the grief SWAC programs as a whole has received when it is only a handful; all ten schools get ripped and get the blame for it.

SWAC scheduling is going to open up next year with the end of the mandate...

Time for put up or shut up by the SWAC...time for SLC to extend open arms to the SWAC and get these great regional match ups on the field...

Time for the SWAC to stop traveling to NAIAs and Div IIs in baseball, volleyball and football...but that's a tail for another time. We don't need to talk about PVA&M traveling to Huston-Tillotson or Valley road contests at Mississippi College and Delta St...

Let's hope for NWST vs Grambling, McNeese vs Southern, Pine Bluff vs UCA, PVA&M vs SFA and SHSU vs Texas Southern in 2008! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Panther88
February 14th, 2007, 06:36 PM
SWAC scheduling is going to open up next year with the end of the mandate...

Time for put up or shut up by the SWAC...time for SLC to extend open arms to the SWAC and get these great regional match ups on the field...

Time for the SWAC to stop traveling to NAIAs and Div IIs in baseball, volleyball and football...but that's a tail for another time. We don't need to talk about PVA&M traveling to Huston-Tillotson or Valley road contests at Mississippi College and Delta St...

Let's hope for NWST vs Grambling, McNeese vs Southern, Pine Bluff vs UCA, PVA&M vs SFA and SHSU vs Texas Southern in 2008! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Cease the unnecessary rhetoric terrorist. Damn. :rolleyes: We certainly have GREAT history WITH and INCLUDING Huston-Tillotson.... NOT YOUR school. Don't ever lose sight of that! So, those travels there and to other schools like PQ is really something you could never ever in your lifetime understand.

We have an open date on Sep 22, 2007. What now? We're not that good and we're certainly still building (not rebuilding). What's up w/ a home and home? Who stands to lose more? lol

1985 PV-13;SHSU-10 send help!

TexasTerror
February 14th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Cease the unnecessary rhetoric terrorist. Damn. :rolleyes: We certainly have GREAT history WITH and INCLUDING Huston-Tillotson.... NOT YOUR school. Don't ever lose sight of that! So, those travels there and to other schools like PQ is really something you could never ever in your lifetime understand.

History or not...no reason to travel to NAIA or Div II or Div III schools. Makes no sense. Guess they give you guys better payouts or something since everything in the SWAC is money-driven...

We have an open date on Sep 22, 2007. What now? We're not that good and we're certainly still building (not rebuilding). What's up w/ a home and home? Who stands to lose more? lol

Kats stand to lose more because a loss when we could potentially get a win closer to qualifying for consideration for an at-large means more than any OOC game for the SWAC seeing as SHSU is competing for a chance at the national championship. OOC games for SWAC amounts to credibility for the conference, which means less than a national championship...:twocents:

patssle
February 14th, 2007, 10:05 PM
1985 PV-13;SHSU-10 send help!

Have any stats from 1923? Or maybe 1865.

blackfordpu
February 15th, 2007, 08:16 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Panther88
February 15th, 2007, 12:11 PM

No. Actually those are the years that no blacks were allowed on your campus. Be thankful that your football/basketball teams LOOKS the way it does. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh h :bang:

U wanna' play, let's play.

Panther88
February 15th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

You "bearkats" aren't the brightest are you...:bawling:

Typical followers. lol

Panther88
February 15th, 2007, 12:17 PM
History or not...no reason to travel to NAIA or Div II or Div III schools. Makes no sense. Guess they give you guys better payouts or something since everything in the SWAC is money-driven...
Well, you didn't attend and YOU ARE NOT our AD are you? lol Yes, historically speaking, we OWE them a trip there. Stop trying to find logic in it dude. It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY above your head and level of comprehension. We certainly wouldn't do it for a school like shsu, sfa, smu, unt, etc. I hope you understand what I'm actually implying. xlolx

Kats stand to lose more because a loss when we could potentially get a win closer to qualifying for consideration for an at-large means more than any OOC game for the SWAC seeing as SHSU is competing for a chance at the national championship. OOC games for SWAC amounts to credibility for the conference, which means less than a national championship...:twocents:
No. What you lose is what you lost in the fall 1985. Credibility in the area. Even YOUR own bearkat fans were on the visiting side of the old stadium cheering for PV. How do you know Panther88? Glad you asked terrorist. Because I was there watching them and even went to the after party where we all mingled like family right there in hicksville, texas. During that time, your own students (of color xlolx) didn't even want to associate themselves too much w/ that ugly ass orange color or your school. lol U guys have made great strides over the last 20+ years. I guess...:twocents: I wish I could've made the previous up. But, history never lies. Shameful. And, shsuers weren't in select company. xlolx There were non-desiring longhorns and aggies and cougars.... xlolx

MACHIAVELLI
February 15th, 2007, 01:48 PM
We don't need to talk about PVA&M traveling to Huston-Tillotson or Valley road contests at Mississippi College and Delta St...

Do we need to talk about these?
?? SHSU vs UAM (D2)
?? SHSU vs UCA (They were still playing with D2 players)

Week 1
#24 Nicholls vs Southern Arkansas (D2)
#19 NDSU vs Concordia (St. Paul) (D2)
#17 Southern Ill. vs Lock Haven (D2)
#7 Youngstown vs Slippery Rock (D2)
#18 Tex. St. vs Tarleton (D2)
#8 JMU vs Bloomsburg (D2)
#6 Cal Poly vs Ft. Lewis (D2)
Week 2
#16 McNeese vs West Va. Tech. (D2)
#15 Delaware vs West Chester (D2)
#11 Montana vs Chadron (D2)
#4 Furman vs West GA. (D2)
#3 UNI vs N. Dakota (D2)

3rd Coast Tiger
February 15th, 2007, 03:24 PM
So what are you saying Mach? xlolx I mean :confused:

Bulldog87
February 15th, 2007, 04:33 PM
?? SHSU vs UAM (D2)

Week 1
Week 2
#3 UNI vs N. Dakota (D2)Love that sig pic man. My boy would be mad at you though since you can't see the toes.xlolx

patssle
February 15th, 2007, 04:54 PM
No. Actually those are the years that no blacks were allowed on your campus. Be thankful that your football/basketball teams LOOKS the way it does. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh h :bang:

U wanna' play, let's play.

wtf does this have to do with race?

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2007, 05:11 PM
?? SHSU vs UAM (D2)

Week 1
Week 2
#3 UNI vs N. Dakota (D2)

Did any of these FCS schools travel to the sub-Div I schools? ** Jeopardy Music**

No, sure didn't...

Did the schools I list, that you quoted, did those Div I schools travel to sub-Div I schools? ** Jeopardy music **

Sure did. Any Div I school whether SWAC, Independent, Sun Belt or SLC have to raise their standards and not travel to sub-Div I opponents. SWAC does it regularly across the board. Saw them play at an NAIA in volleyball (one school before Katrina had two Div I foes coming for a visit from the SWAC that same year). Playing at a Div II in baseball and softball already mentioned. Doing it in football too (trips to Lincoln must be nice!). And tennis, happens regularly. Saw some SWAC schools play at NAIAs and lose this year, wasn't pretty...

Big difference in playing sub-Div Is and playing them on the road...haven't seen any schools hit the road in basketball. Seems to be mostly football, baseball, softball, soccer, tennis and volleyball...

All of Division I...RAISE THE STANDARDS! :thumbsup:

Panther88
February 15th, 2007, 06:26 PM
wtf does this have to do with race?

"wtf" did your assinine post have to do w/ the year 1985 for a game that was played? Damn gawd send us a brain one of these years! xidiotx

And I was honest too, wasn't I? :nod: xlolx Unlike your insipid attempt @ interjecting humor. Funny now isn't it? xlolx

MACHIAVELLI
February 15th, 2007, 06:32 PM
So what are you saying Mach? xlolx I mean :confused:

Terroracist doesn't understand that this is the internet and people can look things up. Thanks Al Gore.

Panther88
February 15th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Did any of these FCS schools travel to the sub-Div I schools? ** Jeopardy Music**

No, sure didn't...

Did the schools I list, that you quoted, did those Div I schools travel to sub-Div I schools? ** Jeopardy music **

Sure did. Any Div I school whether SWAC, Independent, Sun Belt or SLC have to raise their standards and not travel to sub-Div I opponents. SWAC does it regularly across the board. Saw them play at an NAIA in volleyball (one school before Katrina had two Div I foes coming for a visit from the SWAC that same year). Playing at a Div II in baseball and softball already mentioned. Doing it in football too (trips to Lincoln must be nice!). And tennis, happens regularly. Saw some SWAC schools play at NAIAs and lose this year, wasn't pretty...

Big difference in playing sub-Div Is and playing them on the road...haven't seen any schools hit the road in basketball. Seems to be mostly football, baseball, softball, soccer, tennis and volleyball...

U said all that for what? :confused: What's the point? Sum it up man. We don't have time to read a desertation. lol

We have history w/ those schools. Coupled w/ a very strong Kinship. Something YOU all would know nothing about as long as you're alive, i.e. recall the old SWC and how ut-austin/aggies/bears/red raiders bolted for broke and said *FU* to smu, uofh, rice, and tcu. We don't ascribe to the "eat your young/kin" theory like you guys. Deal w/ it. xidiotx

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Terroracist doesn't understand that this is the internet and people can look things up. Thanks Al Gore.

No surprise...

MACH ignores the facts of some of his fave Div I schools traveling to the sub Div I schools in all sports from football to soccer to tennis...only to call me a racist...

MACH wouldn't know a racist if he saw one...your oppressing all of us!:nono:

MACHIAVELLI
February 16th, 2007, 01:52 AM
No surprise...

I agree
Why do you keep ignoring these facts....

?? SHSU vs UAM (D2)

Week 1
Week 2
#3 UNI vs N. Dakota (D2)

813Jag
February 16th, 2007, 06:29 AM

No, sure didn't...

I'll weigh in on this topic all of the SWAC is a huge generalization. Southern has played non DI schools (including a crushing loss to NCCU last year) But we don't go on the road and play anybody. I know Jackson State went on the road one year to play New Haven as part of a home and home. Grambling doesn't, AAMU and Alabama St don't. I really think the end of the nine game mandate will make for better schedules.

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I'll weigh in on this topic all of the SWAC is a huge generalization. Southern has played non DI schools (including a crushing loss to NCCU last year) But we don't go on the road and play anybody. I know Jackson State went on the road one year to play New Haven as part of a home and home. Grambling doesn't, AAMU and Alabama St don't. I really think the end of the nine game mandate will make for better schedules.

I said it's across the board...again, your not reading me through, but it's probably because I'm a racist and do not provide facts, eh?

All these outside of the football game were this year. RAISE THE STANDARDS! :thumbsup:

Southern and Alcorn State traveled to Loyola (NO), an NAIA in soccer...
http://wolfpack.loyno.edu/wsoccer/schedule.php

Alcorn St, Prairie View A&M traveled to Xavier (NO), an NAIA in mens' and womens' tennis...
http://www.xula.edu/athletics/wt/schedules/2006-07/
http://www.xula.edu/athletics/mt/schedules/2006-07/

Pine Bluff traveled to Div II Arkansas Tech while Texas Southern and Grambling hit Div II Arkansas Monticello in volleyball..

http://swac.org/06-07/volleyball/stats/confstat.htm

Valley goes to Arkansas-Monticello, Mississippi College and Delta St(Div II) and Belhvan (NAIA). PVA&M visited Huston-Tillotson (NAIA). Southern heads to Loyola (NAIA). Alcorn goes to Belhaven (NAIA).

http://www.ncaa-baseball.com/schedules/schedule_swac.htm

PVA&M went to Lincoln (NAIA) in football last year.
http://swac.org/05-06/football/stats/pvam1022.htm

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I agree
Why do you keep ignoring these facts....

?? SHSU vs UAM (D2)

Yes, Div I schools play vs sub-Div I schools...nothing new for FCS schools at all and even the Div I schools (see Chaminade, Alaska-Anchorage in MBB) in other sports...

Grambling, Southern, Alcorn St, PVA&M and company play at sub-Div I schools across the board...which makes little sense in the business climate of Division I athletics...

Why do you ignore that?

Panther88
February 16th, 2007, 10:27 AM
I said it's across the board...again, your not reading me through, but it's probably because I'm a racist and do not provide facts, eh?

All these outside of the football game were this year. RAISE THE STANDARDS! :thumbsup:

Southern and Alcorn State traveled to Loyola (NO), an NAIA in soccer...
http://wolfpack.loyno.edu/wsoccer/schedule.php

Alcorn St, Prairie View A&M traveled to Xavier (NO), an NAIA in mens' and womens' tennis...
http://www.xula.edu/athletics/wt/schedules/2006-07/
http://www.xula.edu/athletics/mt/schedules/2006-07/

Pine Bluff traveled to Div II Arkansas Tech while Texas Southern and Grambling hit Div II Arkansas Monticello in volleyball..

http://swac.org/06-07/volleyball/stats/confstat.htm

Valley goes to Arkansas-Monticello, Mississippi College and Delta St(Div II) and Belhvan (NAIA). PVA&M visited Huston-Tillotson (NAIA). Southern heads to Loyola (NAIA). Alcorn goes to Belhaven (NAIA).

http://www.ncaa-baseball.com/schedules/schedule_swac.htm

PVA&M went to Lincoln (NAIA) in football last year.
http://swac.org/05-06/football/stats/pvam1022.htm

Thanks for clarifying. :) It took you forever. Sheesh.

It's not for you to understand terrorist. lol It may not make any sense financial or otherwise to you and others, but it certainly makes sense to the ones that matter and thank gawd almighty you and others aren't in a position of power to sway one way or the other. :eek:

Deal w/ it. Move on. Now, what about 09/22/2007? Why doesn't your AD call our AD to set something up. We're not that good as our record indicates. But, I've noticed there are several teams that we get up for. I would hasten to think that the bearkats would be one of those. :smiley_wi

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Deal w/ it. Move on. Now, what about 09/22/2007? Why doesn't your AD call our AD to set something up. We're not that good as our record indicates. But, I've noticed there are several teams that we get up for. I would hasten to think that the bearkats would be one of those. :smiley_wi

Our schedule is full. While the contract has not officially been signed, the head coach is already going around saying that we'll be heading to North Dakota State for a home-and-home deal. That's the #3 program in last year's GPI. A quality program that is paying for our charter to NDSU.

SHSU is looking forward to PVA&M with one game in baseball and four in softball. Wish those softball games would come sooner as our young pitching staff needs some work against Div I competition to gain confidence and allow some of our hitters to increase their batting numbers. PVA&M is all over our softball records for the offensive displays we've put on.

Bulldog87
February 16th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Why doesn't someone close to the sitituation suggest a meeting between to two conference commissioners to arrang games between teams that are in close proxmity of each other. Some kind of expanded MEAC/SWAC challenge with each SWAC team facing a SLC foe for on of the OOC games. This should be easy enough for everyone to win with the right marketing and locations. Good luck.

Panther88
February 16th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Why doesn't someone close to the sitituation suggest a meeting between to two conference commissioners to arrang games between teams that are in close proxmity of each other. Some kind of expanded MEAC/SWAC challenge with each SWAC team facing a SLC foe for on of the OOC games. This should be easy enough for everyone to win with the right marketing and locations. Good luck.

There's too much apathy from our alums towards their schools Bulldog87 and our alums are in positions of athletic control. lol You'd have to grow up here to understand. We'd rather charter a bus 22 hours one way to play an NAIA/Div III HBCU rather than travel 40-45 mins away to play shsu or 2 hours away to play sfa. Tx state isn't even on our radar. xlolx That's just how we feel about'em. xlolx

Panther88
February 16th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Our schedule is full. While the contract has not officially been signed, the head coach is already going around saying that we'll be heading to North Dakota State for a home-and-home deal. That's the #3 program in last year's GPI. A quality program that is paying for our charter to NDSU.

SHSU is looking forward to PVA&M with one game in baseball and four in softball. Wish those softball games would come sooner as our young pitching staff needs some work against Div I competition to gain confidence and allow some of our hitters to increase their batting numbers. PVA&M is all over our softball records for the offensive displays we've put on.

Oh yeah.... we can tell you about record books alrighty. Just like shsu is on @ least one of ours. Only victory for the year 1985. xlolx Your football team back then sucked worse than vanessa del rio. That head coach's first year coaching and his ONLY victory was over you guys.

Let's light'em up! xlolx I'd hope your baseball "staff" plays good ball and shows class in the process. Coach Rob will have our guys ready. As for softball? Don't follow too much. I noticed how "quiet" you were when our ladies bball team ran roughshod on the slc this past fall. Coop could've ran the score up 100-28 on your "SLC" rep. xlolx

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Oh yeah.... we can tell you about record books alrighty. Just like shsu is on @ least one of ours. Only victory for the year 1985. xlolx Your football team back then sucked worse than vanessa del rio. That head coach's first year coaching and his ONLY victory was over you guys.

It's a 'W' in your books...I doubt it's all over the record books for offensive production. From what I've heard, it was a pretty sloppy game on all accounts

Let's light'em up! xlolx I'd hope your baseball "staff" plays good ball and shows class in the process. Coach Rob will have our guys ready. As for softball? Don't follow too much. I noticed how "quiet" you were when our ladies bball team ran roughshod on the slc this past fall. Coop could've ran the score up 100-28 on your "SLC" rep. xlolx

Nicholls St...wonderful! SLC is 6-5 against SWAC as a whole on womens' court. WBB is probably our worst sport, secondly only to soccer where the SLC was 15-1 (again, Nicholls St) against the SWAC in games that usually were won by four to eight goals, if not more...guess those games at sub-Div I teams didn't work out as planned in terms of prepping you folks.

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Two conferences need to work on playing each other more, across the board. These schools have no reason to play as many sub-Div I games in the two basketballs when they have each other. Football is a different animal, but I am really supportive of more basketball games, where atleast the SWAC is competitive and can even out-do the SLC unlike the olympic sports...

Panther88
February 16th, 2007, 04:42 PM
It's a 'W' in your books...I doubt it's all over the record books for offensive production. From what I've heard, it was a pretty sloppy game on all accounts.

I don't know anything about that other than watching those guys w/ the orange unis on attempting to score w/ under 2 mins to go. They certainly didn't look like they were playing to lose. Maybe you got some inside information that I wasn't able to see.... since I was AT the game and watched it until the final gun sounded in the old stadium. :bang:

Nicholls St...wonderful! SLC is 6-5 against SWAC as a whole on womens' court. WBB is probably our worst sport, secondly only to soccer where the SLC was 15-1 (again, Nicholls St) against the SWAC in games that usually were won by four to eight goals, if not more...guess those games at sub-Div I teams didn't work out as planned in terms of prepping you folks.

I'll post this same excuse when softball comes up. I'll substitute softball for basketball and surely you'll be able to understand your own logic, eh? :confused:

Now... what about the 09/22/2007? You'd rather go to a Div II than play in your own backyard? I'm beginning to think you guys are prejudist. lol

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2007, 05:07 PM
I don't know anything about that other than watching those guys w/ the orange unis on attempting to score w/ under 2 mins to go. They certainly didn't look like they were playing to lose. Maybe you got some inside information that I wasn't able to see.... since I was AT the game and watched it until the final gun sounded in the old stadium. :bang:

The score was 14-9 in favor of the Panthers. Not saying that SHSU was not trying to win, as I'm sure they were, but as I said, there is no way this game ended up any record books on the Panthers' side with a score like that. That was my point...

I'll post this same excuse when softball comes up. I'll substitute softball for basketball and surely you'll be able to understand your own logic, eh? :confused:

Problem is...SLC has SWAC's number across the board, even in our worse sports, which tend to be on the womens' side of things...

Is softball your worse sport (SLC 28-2 in '06)?
Is it soccer (SLC 15-1 over SWAC)?
Volleyball (SLC 11-0 over SWAC)?

We could just go down the list? That sample is SLC 54-3 over three sports. Throw in WBB, okay...60-8. Dominance...

Now... what about the 09/22/2007? You'd rather go to a Div II than play in your own backyard? I'm beginning to think you guys are prejudist. lol

No, SHSU would rather play a top FCS team in NDSU (and have them come to our place in '08). We could play a team in our backyard at PVA&M, but who is to say you won't back out of playing us in the second half of a home-and-home (see PVA&M/SELA). PVA&M would also have to allow us to bring in officials from outside the SWAC. xidiotx

I'd have also have a tough time of saying PVA&M is better than any of the two Div IIs on our slate which are scheduled on different dates than the PVA&M opening. Granted, a win over PVA&M gets us closer to a playoff bid, but competition-wise, when Langston (a sub-Div I) has their way with PVA&M, before the Panthers lucked out with the weather, can't say the competition is any better...:read:

Panther88
February 16th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Dude stop lieing. Your womens sports are eons above ours. There's no refuting that. We have yet to consider developing women's sports, i.e. see coaching turnover and other inconsistencies in PV's womens programs (plural). If you want to find victory in something that you're supposed to dominate in, then please, go right ahead and stick your chest out proudly. I guess. ~snicker~

As for football? Yep. Langston and god lol spared us from a severe ass kicking. No doubt. If you knew the dynamics of the game, you'd understand how that was possible (former HC @ LU was let go @ PV some N years earlier ;) and they had a severe point to prove xlolx ). Told you earlier. We're not that good so don't spare us the grief. shsu would be the measuring stick that PV needs. xlolx shsu could be 84 pts better than PV.... or shsu chould be 4-6 points inferior... Only one way to find out. ;)

Stop making excuses.

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Stop making excuses.

PVA&M and SWAC knows about football and money...

PVA&M couldn't offer us anywhere near the deal that NDSU could. $40,000. A charter plane. Home-and-home (NDSU is actually more attractive a draw than I think PVA&M would be for the SHSU fan base - see history with Montana vs SHSU).

Why play the Panthers when the $$$ is not right? PVA&M has followed the $$$ for years (taking it to the West Coast this year, right?). So why should we be any different?

Panther88
February 18th, 2007, 11:22 AM
PVA&M and SWAC knows about football and money...

PVA&M couldn't offer us anywhere near the deal that NDSU could. $40,000. A charter plane. Home-and-home (NDSU is actually more attractive a draw than I think PVA&M would be for the SHSU fan base - see history with Montana vs SHSU).

Why play the Panthers when the $$$ is not right? PVA&M has followed the $$$ for years (taking it to the West Coast this year, right?). So why should we be any different?

Don't quote me too much because I'm not in the "official" know @ PV but I could've sworn that we chartered a few buses and paid Edward Waters College (Fla) 30,000$. And if memory serves correct, we did likewise for Langston.

So, consider, if you will, w/ the proximity and alum bases of both schools fairly well centered in the greater Houston area, why wouldn't both schools want to hoook up for a few just to see what's what. Just as long as one school didn't get greedy lol, I wouldn't see any problems w/ it. :)

Guaranteed 40K-50K for the visitor played @ a neutral site venue? Sounds good to me. :) However, don't forget about the return trip favor (financial). ;)

TexasTerror
February 18th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Panther88,

What if we signed a more across the board deal?

In addition to football, SHSU gets home-and-homes with PVA&M in both mens' and womens' basketballs. We'll do doubleheaders in Huntsville the year SHSU goes to PV in football and vice-versa.

I'd like that more than just taking care of the football matchups...

813Jag
February 18th, 2007, 09:32 PM

[/url]

Why would I think you are racist? I don't throw around accusations like that. I never discussed anything before with you, so why would I judge you?