PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Awards

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2017, 12:25 PM
http://www.valley-football.org/news/2017/11/21/valley-football-announces-specialty-awards.aspx

Offensive POY - Chris Streveler
Defensive POY - Brett Taylor
Freshman & Newcomer - Jabril Cox
Coach - Klieman

Full all-conference team to be announced on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
November 22nd, 2017, 12:35 PM
http://www.valley-football.org/news/2017/11/21/valley-football-announces-specialty-awards.aspx (http://www.valley-football.org/news/2017/11/21/valley-football-announces-specialty-awards.aspx)

Offensive POY - Chris Streveler
Defensive POY - Brett Taylor
Freshman & Newcomer - Jabril Cox
Coach - Klieman

Full all-conference team to be announced on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkTaylor is the best linebacker I have seen in this conference for quite a while, the guy was everywhere against the Bison

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2017, 01:14 PM
Very possible that two of those guys, Streveler and Taylor, are taking home national hardware as well as the Payton and Buchanan award winners.

Cox has a shot at the Rice award but I think he's a long shot whereas those other two guys are (or should be IMO) the favorite for their respective awards.

clenz
November 22nd, 2017, 01:17 PM
The LBs that are in this conference are nuts.

Imagine a conference vs conference match up and the MVFC is rolling 3 starting LBs out like DeLuca, Farley and Taylor

mango433
November 22nd, 2017, 02:07 PM

Imagine a conference vs conference match up and the MVFC is rolling 3 starting LBs out like DeLuca, Farley and Taylor

And then you can trot Rozeboom out there to twist ankles

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2017, 02:09 PM
Very possible that two of those guys, Streveler and Taylor, are taking home national hardware as well as the Payton and Buchanan award winners.

Cox has a shot at the Rice award but I think he's a long shot whereas those other two guys are (or should be IMO) the favorite for their respective awards.

The Payton favorite is probably Streveler but man I'm on the bandwagon with Haley and all the others pushing for Parker to win it. Hildebrand and Hodges are also great players. I would either go with Taylor or Darius Jackson for the Buchanan Award.

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2017, 02:12 PM

Yes your first team LBs should be Deluca, Taylor, and Farley with 2nd team being Rozeboom, Griffith, Cox, Moss or Egbim. It is a loaded group.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2017, 04:08 PM
The Payton favorite is probably Streveler but man I'm on the bandwagon with Haley and all the others pushing for Parker to win it. Hildebrand and Hodges are also great players. I would either go with Taylor or Darius Jackson for the Buchanan Award.
I don't follow the individual players out of the MVFC anywhere near as close as you do but I have a hard time seeing an O-lineman win the Payton award. It always seems like it's such a stats driven award. If it really went to the best offensive player in the FCS Cooper Kupp would've won it 2 or 3 times.

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2017, 04:15 PM
I don't follow the individual players out of the MVFC anywhere near as close as you do but I have a hard time seeing an O-lineman win the Payton award. It always seems like it's such a stats driven award. If it really went to the best offensive player in the FCS Cooper Kupp would've won it 2 or 3 times.

I don't think Parker will win it but he is the best player. Want me to let you in on a secret about the media and those who vote for football awards? 90% of those voting have no clue what they are truly looking at. That is why they are stat driven awards. People just look at the stats. If these awards were all legit then former scouts who are in the media should vote in everything and schools should test media members to see who truly knows what they are watching to see if they are worthy of voting. Kupp was the best for 3 years. Parker is the best this year. NCAT and MEAC should have put together a huge campaign for him with his grade %, sacks allowed, knockdowns, awards, and got quotes from good evaluators to push on their social media and in a press release. If I ran the MEAC I would at least get him in the top 5 voting and maybe 2-3. They should have been doing it. Highlight he is a 3-time OL of Year, 7-time OL of the week this year, Senior Bowl, 3-time All-American, projected 2nd-3rd round pick, etc. They are dropping the ball here. I would push it hard for him.

For example on a player who should not sniff an All-America team but likely will is the Lehigh RB. He is SLOW, stiff, can't change direction, and is just a back with good vision. He is not as good as the runners from WCU, Maine, Furman, UND, Sam Houston, Yale, NDSU, etc but he will likely be on the 2nd or 3rd team by folks due to the gaudy TDs and yards.

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2017, 07:07 PM
Yes your first team LBs should be Deluca, Taylor, and Farley with 2nd team being Rozeboom, Griffith, Cox, Moss or Egbim. It is a loaded group.

We play a 3-4 defense, so you could fit another LB in there if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewey
November 24th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Here is Dom Izzo's (Fargo TV sports anchor & contributor to the Bison Media Blog) picks at the all conference team. When he votes for all league team he cannot for for NDSU players but in his post he did.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/dizzos-mo-valley-mvps/

Dewey