PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian State vs Michigan?

Pages : [1] 2

GoGuins
February 13th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Michigan fan here & I've read a couple places that Michigan, who is looking for a 12th game (tried to schedule Vandy again but they said no) on Sept 1, has been talking to ASU about coming to the Big House.

Any ASU fans hearing this?

The only link I have is this one (read "Rumor Mill")
http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/

andy7171
February 13th, 2007, 08:01 AM
First game of the year.
Powerhouse FBS vs. Powerhouse FCS???

Call me crazy, but I like ASU's chances!

trusty
February 13th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Appt State is Hot Hot Hotxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :hurray: :hurray:

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2007, 08:08 AM
This would spell the end of all hopes of a North Dakota St vs Appalachian St game...that would have been great!

GoldandBlack
February 13th, 2007, 08:12 AM
First game of the year.

I like their chances the first half, and maybe even into the third quarter, but the difference in scholarships/size/athleticism would prevail for Michigan in the fourth quarter.

Can't see it, especially in the Big House, although I'd love to see the game put together and then have ASU kick the Wolvies' tails.

89Hen
February 13th, 2007, 08:14 AM
OK. You're crazy.

mainejeff
February 13th, 2007, 08:22 AM
I like the $check$ that App State would get. :nod:

Would it set a new record for a I-A guarantee paid to a I-AA team? (sorry for the use of the "old" monikers......I can never remember the new crap).

GoGuins
February 13th, 2007, 08:48 AM
OK. You're crazy.

I agree with Hen, blowout city (sorry ASU)

Michigan should be pre-season top 3 and returns almost it's entire offense (Hart, Henne, Maningham, etc) and 7 starters on defense that ranked top 10 in the nation.

If it happens, I'll be there. I just got season tix this year

NE MT GRIZZ
February 13th, 2007, 09:02 AM
I like their chances the first half, and maybe even into the third quarter, but the difference in scholarships/size/athleticism would prevail for Michigan in the fourth quarter.

RE: Montana vs. Iowa

17-7 Iowa halfway through the 3rd quarter

41-7 Final Score.

I'd still like to see App go play Michigan. Get your check and experience against a great team, and then go kick ass in your conference.

griz37
February 13th, 2007, 09:06 AM

41-7 Final Score.

I'd still like to see App go play Michigan. Get your check and experience against a great team, and then go kick ass in your conference.

Next years Michigan team will be far superior to Iowa this year. As a Michigan fan I can't say I am too excited about the possibility of this game. It would be a huge opportunity for ASU though.

Eyes of Old Main
February 13th, 2007, 09:12 AM
...and then go kick ass in your conference.

As long as it's selective ass (not including teams nicknamed "Terriers" who happen to have gold helmets). Everyone else is OK.

AppGuy04
February 13th, 2007, 09:13 AM
I think I'd have to make my first trip to the Big House for that one

GoGuins
February 13th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I think I'd have to make my first trip to the Big House for that one

With Cap'n Cat living so close to Ann Arbor, I'm sure he won't mind a few of his FCS buds stopping over for some pre-game festivities:D

Ronbo
February 13th, 2007, 09:25 AM

41-7 Final Score.

And 34-7 with 6 seconds to go. Too bad the FBS needs to pile it on FCS schools or be embarrassed. Has anyone seen a FBS team take a knee on an FCS team?

BISON Thunder
February 13th, 2007, 09:35 AM

41-7 Final Score.

Michigan 28 - Minnesota 14
Minnesota 34 - Iowa 24
Minnesota 10 - NDSU 9 (and a game NDSU should have won)

No question, App has a chance to win this thing! First however, you need to believe you can!

Frosty The Snowbuff
February 13th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Minnesota 34 - Iowa 24

No question, App has a chance to win this thing! First however, you need to believe you can!

Minnesota has beaten Michigan only twice since 1986. Also, ASU did lose to a 3-9 NC State team this past season (their only loss I believe).

But then again, ASU did hang with LSU for a while a few years back....

Chances of ASU beating Michigan are slim....but ya never know.

bandl
February 13th, 2007, 09:53 AM
This is going to be a blood bath.

bluehenbillk
February 13th, 2007, 09:57 AM
No need to preface this with saying I'm a Michigan fan, but all bias aside, Michigan ain't no North Carolina St. They probably have the best offense in the country coming back next year with at minimum 4 1st round draft picks, maybe more. They lost a lot of defense but they'll hang a crapload of points on decent Big 10 teams much less ASU.

It'd be fun to see, but there is a huge gap between these 2 teams, huge.

GannonFan
February 13th, 2007, 10:03 AM
ASU would get absolutely stomped. The only thing that could keep the game close would be Lloyd Carr doing something coaching-wise even worse than his normal coaching. Michigan is absolutely loaded next year. But even though it would be a butt-whopping, it would be an absolute thrill to see your team play in the Big House. If I were an ASU fan I'd be calling the AD right now begging for the game - who cares if you're a lock to be 0-1 out of the gate, you get to go to Ann Arbor for a game.

Frosty The Snowbuff
February 13th, 2007, 10:12 AM
No need to preface this with saying I'm a Michigan fan, but all bias aside, Michigan ain't no North Carolina St. They probably have the best offense in the country coming back next year with at minimum 4 1st round draft picks, maybe more. They lost a lot of defense but they'll hang a crapload of points on decent Big 10 teams much less ASU.

It'd be fun to see, but there is a huge gap between these 2 teams, huge.

I was being optimistic...

But I agree :nod:

BISON Thunder
February 13th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Minnesota 34 - Iowa 24

Michigan 34 - Ball State 26 (In AA, Ball State's last drive stalls?)
NDSU 29 - Ball State 24 (At Ball State)

Fordham
February 13th, 2007, 10:20 AM
for some reason this thread title reminded me of the old "mini-Ditka or regular sized Ditka?" SNL skits.

bandl
February 13th, 2007, 10:24 AM
for some reason this thread title reminded me of the old "mini-Ditka or regular sized Ditka?" SNL skits.

"Ditka versus God? Trick question...Ditka IS god."

andy7171
February 13th, 2007, 10:34 AM
With the benifit of 20/20 hindsight. I may have been a tad bit enthusiastic about a potential Michigan/ASU game.

That and the fact I just remembered ASU lost to NC State last year.

bluehenbillk
February 13th, 2007, 10:44 AM

Keep in mind Michigan was in cruise control by that time, Manningham didn't play & they just had to show up every week until they went to Columbus. The line would be in the high 30's/low 40's.

SoCon48
February 13th, 2007, 10:49 AM
With the benifit of 20/20 hindsight. I may have been a tad bit enthusiastic about a potential Michigan/ASU game.

That and the fact I just remembered ASU lost to NC State last year.

Like Towson has any room to ridicule anyone.:rolleyes:

GoGuins
February 13th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Keep in mind Michigan was in cruise control by that time, Manningham didn't play & they just had to show up every week until they went to Columbus. The line would be in the high 30's/low 40's.

I was at the game, Michigan was in control and subbed in a lot of 2nd teamers and their back-up secondary did get torched on a couple big plays. Actually Manningham did play about 8-10 plays

Other than that, Michigan dominated but they were sleep walking a bit.

The next week they came out and blasted Indiana

Appstate29
February 13th, 2007, 10:51 AM
no need to preface this with the fact that I am an Appalachian State University fan, but I have predicted a 24-21 Appalachian Victory, and put up a case of beer in a bet with a dissenting fellow Appalachian State Fan. ASU is going there to win, you heard it here first :)

SoCon48
February 13th, 2007, 10:52 AM
ASU would get absolutely stomped. The only thing that could keep the game close would be Lloyd Carr doing something coaching-wise even worse than his normal coaching. Michigan is absolutely loaded next year. But even though it would be a butt-whopping, it would be an absolute thrill to see your team play in the Big House. If I were an ASU fan I'd be calling the AD right now begging for the game - who cares if you're a lock to be 0-1 out of the gate, you get to go to Ann Arbor for a game.

Proabably will, but as I recall this board was full of crap the other year saying LSU would stomp ASU into oblivion. Didn't happen that way much to the chagrin of Del posters.

lizrdgizrd
February 13th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Hey I'd trade LSU for Michigan! We were already expecting a beat down for game #1 so why not get the paycheck and play against another great FBS team? I think it'd add to the team's confidence if they can hang with Michigan for 3 quarters. Let's get this done!

SoCon48
February 13th, 2007, 10:54 AM
This is going to be a blood bath.

Same crap you guys talked when App was going to LSU.

andy7171
February 13th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Like Towson has any room to ridicule anyone.:rolleyes:
:bawling: OUCH! :bawling: Towson bashing stings a lot more from an alumni though.xcoffeex

ChickenMan
February 13th, 2007, 11:20 AM
There's probably a better chance of ASU beating Michigan than there is of them getting the Wolverines on the ASU schedule. As far as I know Michigan has never played a FCS (I-AA) or a DII school... at least not since WII. Michigan is one of the top BCS programs in the nation and should have no problem getting opponents into Michigan Stadium for a big payday. No offense to ASU... but I doubt that you'll see Michigan schedule any FCS program in the foreseeable future.

bison95
February 13th, 2007, 11:23 AM
There's probably a better chance of ASU beating Michigan than there is of them getting the Wolverines on the ASU schedule. As far as I know Michigan has never played a FCS (I-AA) or a DII school... at least not since WII. Michigan is one of the top BCS programs in the nation and should have no problem getting opponents into Michigan Stadium for a big payday. No offense to ASU... but I doubt that you'll see Michigan schedule any FCS program in the foreseeable future.
I thought they were following the lead of their daddy: Tressel at OSU:eek: :eek: :thumbsup:

Appstate29
February 13th, 2007, 11:24 AM
We'll see, but I think that argument is kind of weak. Over the next few years we have games with Georgia, LSU, and Va Tech, all of which I think are on par or better programs than Michigan. Michigan may not really want to schedule an FCS school, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

lizrdgizrd
February 13th, 2007, 11:26 AM
We'll see, but I think that argument is kind of weak. Over the next few years we have games with Georgia, LSU, and Va Tech, all of which I think are on par or better programs than Michigan. Michigan may not really want to schedule an FCS school, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
And I think they'd be more likely to schedule an FCS school that just won back-to-back National Championships.

Cobblestone
February 13th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I like the $check$ that App State would get. :nod:

Would it set a new record for a I-A guarantee paid to a I-AA team? (sorry for the use of the "old" monikers......I can never remember the new crap).

Same here.

As for this possible match up, I'd love to see it and I think App. State could give them a run for their money but in the end it would be Michigan with a comfortable lead. But, what a great upset it would make.

bandl
February 13th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Same crap you guys talked when App was going to LSU.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

ChickenMan
February 13th, 2007, 11:30 AM

UGA... LSU... VT all have a history of scheduling FCS opponents.

As I said before... Michigan has NEVER sheduled a FCS opponent... why would they need to start now???

VT Wildcat Fan53
February 13th, 2007, 11:34 AM
And 34-7 with 6 seconds to go. Too bad the FBS needs to pile it on FCS schools or be embarrassed. Has anyone seen a FBS team take a knee on an FCS team?

No, but UNH sure did vs Northwestern last fall and vs Rutgers in 2004! :D

Cobblestone
February 13th, 2007, 11:39 AM
No, but UNH sure did vs Northwestern last fall and vs Rutgers in 2004! :D

I believe Maine did the same vs. Mississippi State in 2004. Nice victories all the way around. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Frosty The Snowbuff
February 13th, 2007, 11:39 AM

As I said before... Michigan has NEVER sheduled a FCS opponent... why would they need to start now???

Michigan doesn't have to...

The MAC is enough ;)

Appstate29
February 13th, 2007, 11:40 AM

Its a new day and age. Michigan already has Notre Dame and Oregon on for an OOC schedule, they need what they percieve as a gimme, as in the BCS, if you slip up more than once, you won't even sniff a Nat'l Championship. Now the lower division schools are trying to shore up their wins for the febreze toilet bowl, Michigan might be forced to schedule a I-AA team, its not like they won't still get 100k attendence for the game, and Fla and Ohio State both played FCS schools last year I believe, so, like I said, we'll see what happens.

bluehenbillk
February 13th, 2007, 11:53 AM
I was kinda wondering the same thing why Michigan would play a lower division school especially when the MAC is in their backyard. Then again, when you have a team back out like the Youngstown-Penn St game this year you can't avoid it sometime.

If you've never been to Ann Arbor by all means you have to go, it's a great environment & the biggest stadium in the country (not including race tracks).

bandl
February 13th, 2007, 11:55 AM
If you've never been to Ann Arbor by all means you have to go, it's a great environment & the biggest stadium in the country (not including race tracks).

I thought University of Tennessee had the largest capacity? Regardless..it's definitely a effin' huge stadium.

Edit. Nevermind...I spoke too soon.

bluehenbillk
February 13th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Actually it's hard to see Michigan ever getting surpassed, could you imagine if they put an upper deck on the Big House, which they could easily do since it's built into the ground. They are very sensitive about being the largest stadium. When Tennessee added on & temporarily beat UM out one year they just added like 6 rows to the top of the Big House.

111,571 plus when you cram them in there.

Mountaineer
February 13th, 2007, 12:09 PM
No way I think this game happens. It's already been stated but Michigan doesn't schedule FCS teams and I don't see that changing.

Other than a trip to Ann Arbor and a paycheck - ASU gets absolutely nothing from the matchup. Add in possible injuries from bigger and stronger Wolverine team.

It wouldn't even be a contest. However, I don't quite get all the ASU bashing that seems to go on around here anymore. Truth is - any FCS team that played Michigan would get killed.

bandl
February 13th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Actually it's hard to see Michigan ever getting surpassed, could you imagine if they put an upper deck on the Big House, which they could easily do since it's built into the ground. They are very sensitive about being the largest stadium. When Tennessee added on & temporarily beat UM out one year they just added like 6 rows to the top of the Big House.

111,571 plus when you cram them in there.
Also, Penn State has ALOT of room for more seating...there are two huge open areas at the top end of one end of the stadium that could easily fit a few thousand more seats.

bandl
February 13th, 2007, 12:11 PM
It wouldn't even be a contest. However, I don't quite get all the ASU bashing that seems to go on around here anymore. Truth is - any FCS team that played Michigan would get killed.
Not bashing, just speaking what some of us see as the truth. No one has said that any other FCS school would fare better against UM.

lizrdgizrd
February 13th, 2007, 12:13 PM
No way I think this game happens. It's already been stated but Michigan doesn't schedule FCS teams and I don't see that changing.

Other than a trip to Ann Arbor and a paycheck - ASU gets absolutely nothing from the matchup. Add in possible injuries from bigger and stronger Wolverine team.

How would a trip to Ann Arbor be any different from a trip to Baton Rouge? Big time game against a big time opponent for a big time paycheck.

bandl
February 13th, 2007, 12:14 PM
How would a trip to Ann Arbor be any different from a trip to Baton Rouge? Big time game against a big time opponent for a big time paycheck.
See ChickenMan's last post.

BigApp
February 13th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Anyway....a little off topic but I'm listening to Colin Cowherd and he's taking calls on who the Chargers should hire and a caller said "that Division II coach at Appalachian State because he knows how to win playoff games" (& Chargers don't)

I like Cowherd, listen when I can, even if he's a "big-boy football fan".

What was his response?

griz37
February 13th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Over the next few years we have games with Georgia, LSU, and Va Tech, all of which I think are on par or better programs than Michigan.

:confused: :confused: How are any of those 3 teams on par or a better program than Michigan?

bluehenbillk
February 13th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Also, Penn State has ALOT of room for more seating...there are two huge open areas at the top end of one end of the stadium that could easily fit a few thousand more seats.

Actually PSU is the anithesis of Michigan when it comes to stadium expansion. Beaver Stadium just looks like an architectural nightmare. Don't know how you add seats in the end zones, there are 3 decks already & you're about twice as high as you are in Ann Arbor. The thing I like about the Big House is it's all one big bowl.

Mountaineer
February 13th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Not bashing, just speaking what some of us see as the truth. No one has said that any other FCS school would fare better against UM.

Fair enough. :D I guess I'm just used to seeing any topic anymore with App in it and watching people piss all over themselves to turn it negative. :p

bandl
February 13th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Actually PSU is the anithesis of Michigan when it comes to stadium expansion. Beaver Stadium just looks like an architectural nightmare. Don't know how you add seats in the end zones, there are 3 decks already & you're about twice as high as you are in Ann Arbor. The thing I like about the Big House is it's all one big bowl.
I agree, it's a hellish looking stadium. But they could complete the bowl on one side of the stadium, adding thousands of more seats. And fill in the two gaps on the upper tiers of the other side of the stadium for a few more thousand seats. All strictly for bragging rights for sure though.

bandl
February 13th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Fair enough. :D I guess I'm just used to seeing any topic anymore with App in it and watching people piss all over themselves to turn it negative. :p

Those pissers are generally in your own conference! ;)

bluehenbillk
February 13th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I agree, it's a hellish looking stadium. But they could complete the bowl on one side of the stadium, adding thousands of more seats. And fill in the two gaps on the upper tiers of the other side of the stadium for a few more thousand seats. All strictly for bragging rights for sure though.

Don't get me wrong, I like Penn State, I like going to Beaver Stadium, it's a great place to spend a fall Saturday. They also need to fix those club seats right above the band that are at best only ever half full. Especially in comparison to the student section right next to it. Not too many student sections in football better than PSU.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
February 13th, 2007, 12:25 PM
:confused: :confused: How are any of those 3 teams on par or a better program than Michigan?

They are and have caught up IMO. Of course, none will ever have quite the history or the rivalry that OSU and UM have, nor will they have the 100K+ stadiums, but VT vs. Miami is an annually huge game, LSU kicked the snot out of ND (ok, bad ex. we all knew that would happen), and Georgia also is usually ranked fairly high and has a long tradition with the SEC, arguable the deepest Football conference in the country.

Sorry, aside from Mich and OSU, the Big 10 has been off for a couple years. NWU, Ill, Indiana, etc.??? ugh! The ACC (not so much last year) and SEC seem to be better conferences, but I guess that's just East Coast bias, right? :smiley_wi

:twocents:

lizrdgizrd
February 13th, 2007, 12:25 PM
See ChickenMan's last post.
I was addressing Mountaineer's point that going to Michigan would give us no benefit other than $$$ and more chance of getting injuries. My point is that we were scheduled to play LSU so what difference does it make which big time FBS team we play?

Mountaineer
February 13th, 2007, 12:28 PM
I was addressing Mountaineer's point that going to Michigan would give us no benefit other than $$$ and more chance of getting injuries. My point is that we were scheduled to play LSU so what difference does it make which big time FBS team we play?

I'm for not playing any BCS teams. ASU has never beaten a BCS team and everytime I see one on the schedule I pretty much write that Saturday off.

I'd much rather play a game that's meanginful within the division. Montana, NDSU, etc.

Last year the NCST game held no appeal (IMO) - the JMU game, on the other hand, was fantastic.

Appstate29
February 13th, 2007, 12:29 PM
UGA has, what I think the best stadium in all of College football, pulls in 92k a game, could pull in whatever the entire population of Georgia is if they wanted too, and has been to BCS bowls recently (although last year they blew it).
LSU has won a Nat'l Championship recently, also pulls in 90k plus a game (or around) i can't remember what the exact capacity of tiger stadium is.
VaTech Ok you got me on this one, VaTech prob isn't on the same level as Michigan. Actually VT and Miami play in what I've dubbed the "Felon Bowl", but they have immense national exposure.

lizrdgizrd
February 13th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I'm for not playing any BCS teams. ASU has never beaten a BCS team and everytime I see one on the schedule I pretty much write that Saturday off.

I'd much rather play a game that's meanginful within the division. Montana, NDSU, etc.

Last year the NCST game held no appeal (IMO) - the JMU game, on the other hand, was fantastic.
So those times we beat Wake Forest don't count? I'd rather have at least one money game so we can afford trips to play teams like JMU or NDSU etc.

Mountaineer
February 13th, 2007, 12:36 PM
So those times we beat Wake Forest don't count? I'd rather have at least one money game so we can afford trips to play teams like JMU or NDSU etc.

Doh. Yeah, Wake Forest ranks so high I completely forgot about 'em. xlolx xlolx :thumbsup:

Okay - so take Weak out and it's the same old song and dance.

lizrdgizrd
February 13th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Doh. Yeah, Wake Forest ranks so high I completely forgot about 'em. xlolx xlolx :thumbsup:

Okay - so take Weak out and it's the same old song and dance.
But it's a song and dance that pays the bills. :smiley_wi

Mountaineer
February 13th, 2007, 12:40 PM
But it's a song and dance that pays the bills. :smiley_wi

And that's the problem.... ;) :rolleyes:

lizrdgizrd
February 13th, 2007, 12:44 PM
And that's the problem.... ;) :rolleyes:
What, you don't want to play teams like JMU and NDSU? Or you just don't want to pay the bills?

YoUDeeMan
February 13th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Truth is - any FCS team that played Michigan would get killed.

Nah, Delaware could get lucky. Those Michigan boys might get confused by our helmets and we'd win because of all the chaos. xlolx :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

bluehenbillk
February 13th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I'd love to see UD play any Big 10 team, but have no delusions of grandeur, if you play the bigger boys you'll get a big-time whoopin.

ndsubison
February 13th, 2007, 12:53 PM
This would spell the end of all hopes of a North Dakota St vs Appalachian St game...that would have been great!
Say it isn't so! NDSU wants APPY. Can't blame 'em for taking the check the Mich will give them for the beatdown, though. :bang:

ndsubison
February 13th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Still apples & oranges. I like your enthusiasm but it'll never happen:rotateh:

BigApp
February 13th, 2007, 01:22 PM

I say all of them.

JBB
February 13th, 2007, 01:35 PM

I think NDSU has offered to pick the tab up havent they. Rumor around Fargo is guarantee plus travel.

If I had a choice between APU and Michigan, Id go to Mich too. Either way APU is going to have its hands full. I dont think they can win in the Fabulous Fargo Dome either.

lizrdgizrd
February 13th, 2007, 01:39 PM
I think NDSU has offered to pick the tab up havent they. Rumor around Fargo is guarantee plus travel.

If I had a choice between APU and Michigan, Id go to Mich too. Either way APU is going to have its hands full. I dont think they can win in the Fabulous Fargo Dome either.
Who's APU?

Appstate29
February 13th, 2007, 01:40 PM

how does Azusa Pacific University factor into this question?

NE MT GRIZZ
February 13th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Who's APU?

The little monkey from Alladin!:D

GoGuins
February 13th, 2007, 01:44 PM
its not like they won't still get 100k attendence for the game.

Yes they will, it's the opening game (always a sellout) and Michigan has 170 consecutive games with 100k+ attendance

Since that inaugural season, Michigan Stadium has seen over 35 million fans pass through its gates and over 170 consecutive crowds of 100,000 plus.
source http://www.mgoblue.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=3052

lizrdgizrd
February 13th, 2007, 01:44 PM
The little monkey from Alladin!:D
Nope!

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/h/apu.jpg

Appstate29
February 13th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Yes they will, it's the opening game (always a sellout) and Michigan has 170 consecutive games with 100k+ attendance

source http://www.mgoblue.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=3052

that was precisely my point.

GoGuins
February 13th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I say all of them.

I questioned that too, Va Tech IMO is not above or at par with Michigan's football program. Maybe Georgia is par, LSU is slightly above

GoGuins
February 13th, 2007, 01:47 PM
that was precisely my point.

My bad, I need to read a little slower:)

Appstate29
February 13th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I questioned that too, Va Tech IMO is not above or at par with Michigan's football program. Maybe Georgia is par, LSU is slightly above

You're right about VT. I think it is fair to say that they will pay a fairly similar payout for a fairly similar outcome though. (Both being 24-21 wins by ASU)

ucdtim17
February 13th, 2007, 03:46 PM

I guess you could argue that Georgia or LSU is at Michigan's level, but no way is LSU higher on the totem pole than Michigan. Michigan is the all time leader in wins. Notre Dame, Michigan, Alabama, Oklahoma, USC and maybe Ohio State/Nebraska are the best of the best. LSU is a level below; they have 2 national championships in 115 years

GoGuins
February 13th, 2007, 05:37 PM
I guess you could argue that Georgia or LSU is at Michigan's level, but no way is LSU higher on the totem pole than Michigan. Michigan is the all time leader in wins. Notre Dame, Michigan, Alabama, Oklahoma, USC and maybe Ohio State/Nebraska are the best of the best. LSU is a level below; they have 2 national championships in 115 years

I guess I meant current times

JBB
February 13th, 2007, 06:27 PM

Lol sorry about the lack of proof reading. Point remains the same.:bow: :bow:

proasu89
February 13th, 2007, 11:02 PM
We are virtually a lock to start every season 0-1. The check and experience would be great...just as long as we live to fight the rest of the season.

proasu89
February 13th, 2007, 11:10 PM
I think he might be talking about Austin Peay:D

Mr. C
February 13th, 2007, 11:10 PM
LSU would have clobbered Michigan at the end of the season, just like Florida pounded Ohio State. Did you lose sight of the fact that LSU has a national championship THIS century? When was Michigan's last national crown? Right now, LSU is a legitimate top-10 program year-in and year-out, just like Michigan.

proasu89
February 13th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I like Cowherd, listen when I can, even if he's a "big-boy football fan".

What was his response?
From what I read on the MMB he wasn't very kind. Pretty much ASU who?

NDSUFREAK
February 13th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Anyone have ideas for teams that are open on September 1st......

bjtheflamesfan
February 13th, 2007, 11:42 PM
I know they won a share the year Charles Woodson won the Heisman...I can't remember the exact year...

BearsCountry
February 14th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I know they won a share the year Charles Woodson won the Heisman...I can't remember the exact year...

1997 with Nebraska

Keeper
February 14th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Gentlemen:
Not trying to dampen your enthusiasm for the matchup,
but I doubt that it would happen, because...
I heard that Michigan is one of only four FBS/I-A schools
never to have played a team from FCS/I-AA.
The others, I believe were Notre Dame, USC and Washington.

There may be a historical reluctance to break that string
unless scheduling their last OOC becomes that difficult.

Any Wolverines/fans out there to confirm that?

DuckDuckGriz
February 14th, 2007, 01:33 AM
I did not want to read through all the pages of this thread so forgive me if this has been asked -- but has a #1 team in I-AA/FCS ever played a #1 team in the BCS?

Keeper
February 14th, 2007, 01:39 AM
BTW, here is a list of FBS teams with Sept 1 date
available and still needing another OOC game.
Ball State
La Tech
New Mexico St
Rice
Tulsa
Hawaii
La-Monroe
Southern Miss

I believe Michigan would exhaust those options before
turning to App State, so only eight there.
Also, Michigan has hosted Rice frequently.
You can probably already eliminate Ball, Hawaii & SoMiss
as candidates.

If you're going to break the string, there's no better worthy
opponent than Appalachian, and no doubt better than
anyone in the above list.

ucdtim17
February 14th, 2007, 02:13 AM
LSU would have clobbered Michigan at the end of the season, just like Florida pounded Ohio State. Did you lose sight of the fact that LSU has a national championship THIS century? When was Michigan's last national crown? Right now, LSU is a legitimate top-10 program year-in and year-out, just like Michigan.

Well what are we talking about, all time best programs or what teams were best at the end of last season? Michigan is undoubtedly a notch higher on the totem pole all-time than LSU - the aforementioned wins record and national championships (not to mention the 100k+ streak and the winning percentage lead they share with Notre Dame). I hate Michigan football, but there's no bigger deal for a I-AA team than playing in the Big House, save maybe Notre Dame Stadium, which will never happen

ucdtim17
February 14th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Gentlemen:

UCLA and Ohio State as well I think. Ohio State will be off the list after playing Youngstown.

Keeper
February 14th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Here's a thought........
If the Michigan deal doesn't happen,
how about a trip to Hawaii.

In fact, how about every successive FCS Champ
to open at Hawaii every season, maybe with some
$$$ help from NCAA??

Let's call it the FCS Bowl :D

catbob
February 14th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Gentlemen:

Colorado was on that list until last year, and methinks they won't be scheduling another FCS team for awhile. :)

AmsterBison
February 14th, 2007, 04:41 AM
Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Washington, USC, UCLA, Michigan State - those are the FBS teams that have never played FCS teams (if, of course, we're talking about the time since the NCAA made DI football into two subdivisions).

WUTNDITWAA
February 14th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Here's a thought........

$$$ help from NCAA??

No thanks. Did that a couple of years ago. Lostthe game. Lost money. Came back and lost at Eastern KY the next week.

Mich Griz
February 14th, 2007, 06:30 AM
As long as Michigan has Lloyd Carr on the sidelines even Grand Valley has a chance against them. His comments after the Rose Bowl "We lost with class"....sorry Lloyd there is no class in losing. Give it up Lloyd

bluehenbillk
February 14th, 2007, 07:08 AM
I agree that Big Blue would be MUCH better off without LLoyd. BTW, word is from my Michigan brethren that it looks like Soutern Miss is in the catbird seat for a 9/1 visit to Ann Arbor. To answer another question I believe UM has never played a non 1-A, FBS whatever you wanna call it opponent.

Mr. C
February 14th, 2007, 11:05 AM
I did not want to read through all the pages of this thread so forgive me if this has been asked -- but has a #1 team in I-AA/FCS ever played a #1 team in the BCS?
When Western Illinois played LSU a few years back, both teams were ranked No. 1. The Leathernecks played a strong game and were in things until sometime in the third quarter. It was one of LSU's toughest games of the season on the way to a national championship.

griz37
February 14th, 2007, 12:46 PM
I agree that Big Blue would be MUCH better off without LLoyd. BTW, word is from my Michigan brethren that it looks like Soutern Miss is in the catbird seat for a 9/1 visit to Ann Arbor. To answer another question I believe UM has never played a non 1-A, FBS whatever you wanna call it opponent.

Southern Miss wouldn't be a bad opponent. With Oregon & Notre Dame already on the schedule this would be a pretty decent warm up for those games. And I sure hope that *****ty Lloyd Carr doesn't lead Michigan to a 4th BCS bowl in 5 years. :rolleyes:

hapapp
February 14th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Reported on AppCountry tonight that an announcement should be made tomorrow about the game. Source said he talked to the AD at the bball game tonight.

T-Dog
February 14th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Reported on AppCountry tonight that an announcement should be made tomorrow about the game. Source said he talked to the AD at the bball game tonight.

Heard he wasn't happy that the secret was out.

Looks like this game is most likely signed sealed and delivered.

ASU Kep
February 14th, 2007, 09:57 PM

Damn, I never thought this would happen. Great to hear. Should be a huge payday, loads of experience for our team and a shot at the largest upset in the history of college football. :hurray:

GGASU
February 14th, 2007, 09:58 PM
I am not sure why I am so much more excited to play Michigan than LSU.:confused:

If the coaches can get the players past the name, we have a chance of hanging with this team. The Mountaineers are built on speed and that is what hurts Michigan the most.

At any rate, it will definitely get the men in the gym early and long.:thumbsup:

Shock the World!

GGASU
February 14th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Here's a thought........

$$$ help from NCAA??

We played Hawaii a few years back. That is a very tough place to play.

I lived there for a couple of years and would always go to the games. The Bows(before the Warriors name took over) was a terrible road team, but at home would put up a fight against anyone. (10 hours in the air will do that to a team)

Appstate29
February 14th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Sweet Aunt Jemimah, this is hotness, I'm so excited i can't study for my test tommorow. My prediction still stands 24-21.

T-Dog
February 14th, 2007, 11:01 PM
This makes up for LSU dropping us. I wanted to go to the LSU game in 2005, but couldn't due to money. I talked to students who went and they said it broke them finacially but it was worth it.

The trip to Ann Arbor is already being planned as I type.

citdog
February 14th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Good luck with tickets!

Peems
February 14th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I am not sure why I am so much more excited to play Michigan than LSU.:confused:

If the coaches can get the players past the name, we have a chance of hanging with this team. The Mountaineers are built on speed and that is what hurts Michigan the most.

At any rate, it will definitely get the men in the gym early and long.:thumbsup:

Shock the World!

and michigan is just a bunch of slow pokes...:rolleyes: Just imagine, armanti...season...ending...injury. id be worried for him he could get snapped in half by some of those michigan boys.

Appstate29
February 14th, 2007, 11:22 PM
and michigan is just a bunch of slow pokes...:rolleyes: Just imagine, armanti...season...ending...injury. id be worried for him he could get snapped in half by some of those michigan boys.

I'm worrying about him snapping some Michigan Ankles with those lightening quick moves xlolx. While season ending injury is a possibility, its also a possibility against Gardner Webb, I don't want my Apps to go there just for a check, we're going to win. Period.

Peems
February 14th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I'm worrying about him snapping some Michigan Ankles with those lightening quick moves xlolx. While season ending injury is a possibility, its also a possibility against Gardner Webb, I don't want my Apps to go there just for a check, we're going to win. Period.

itd be great to see that game. maybe espn will pick it up, and then they can mention that Richardson was...(gasph) a walkon!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

griz37
February 14th, 2007, 11:26 PM
So who else besides Go Guins & myself will be rooting for the Maize & Blue?

Mr. C
February 14th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Armanti Edwards is one tough little dude. He took some big licks this season and didn't miss a down. Didn't you see that one that UMass safety James Ihedigbo planted on him in the first quarter of the championship game? Edwards snapped up like a jack-in-a-box and bounced back to the ASU line of scrimmage. I wouldn't worry about him.

Jeremy Wiggins had the hit of the night on one of LSU's receivers a couple of years ago. You could hear it in the press box (just like you could hear the Ihedigbo hit).

Mr. C
February 14th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I'd love the chance to go to Michigan. That stadium is on my list of places to cover a game. It would be a great experience. I had the chance to cover one Michigan-UCLA game at the Rose Bowl when Elvis Grbec was QBing. Stood a few feet away from Bo Schembeckler at the end of the game when Michigan was making a furious comeback. That was a great experience, too. The game would be a good measuring stick for players like Kerry Brown, Kevin Richardson, Corey Lynch and Armanti Edwards, who have pro aspirations. Maybe I can drag Ralph along to a game in Ann Arbor.

WUTNDITWAA
February 14th, 2007, 11:32 PM
So who else besides Go Guins & myself will be rooting for the Maize & Blue?

It's great to be hated!!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

griz37
February 14th, 2007, 11:36 PM
It's great to be hated!!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

It's not hate towards App. St. I am a huge Michigan fan, have been since I was 7. I would be rooting for Michigan against any I-AA team, except maybe the Griz.

Mountaineer
February 14th, 2007, 11:37 PM
It's not hate towards App. St. I am a huge Michigan fan, have been since I was 7. I would be rooting for Michigan against any I-AA team, except maybe the Griz.

xidiotx xidiotx :rolleyes:

citdog
February 14th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Maybe the Griz?:nono:

griz37
February 14th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Maybe the Griz?:nono:

Oops shouldn't have opened my big mouth. : smh :

Appstate29
February 14th, 2007, 11:48 PM
He can root for whoever the hell he wants to, but I think most fans on here relish any win over big time schools (me included except for WCU, and FU, and GSU) but other than those I hope every single I-A game is a win for an FCS team. All I know is I've made up my mind and I'm going and nothing is going to stop me, even the angry girlfriend I know its going to happen.

citdog
February 14th, 2007, 11:50 PM
You will have a great time, and who knows maybe what happened to me in 1992 at Arkansas will happen to you! :thumbsup:

T-Dog
February 15th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Jeremy Wiggins had the hit of the night on one of LSU's receivers a couple of years ago. You could hear it in the press box (just like you could hear the Ihedigbo hit).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Emg0-CoqqKM&mode=related&search=

3:36 mark

ASU Kep
February 15th, 2007, 12:21 AM

Great post. If at all possible financially, I'll be there rooting for a WIN. :nod:

T-Dog
February 15th, 2007, 10:29 AM
I've been hearing more and more about it. Apparantly Hawaii was UM's first choice for 9/1, but that fell throught, then Eastern Michigan but that game is scheduled for 10/6, then App, and two people on App Country and the Delphi forum said Jerry Moore told the team this morning that the game is "99.9% possible".

MYTAPPY
February 15th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Trust me I want App to win this game real bad, but I say we start the 2007 season 0-1.

Not pesimistic, just realistic.

Go APP!!

GoldandBlack
February 15th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Pick up discussion on Michigan's MZone Forum, about halfway down the page under "Rumor Mill", at:

Peems
February 15th, 2007, 10:45 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Emg0-CoqqKM&mode=related&search=

3:36 mark

that was a sick hit! but tell me do they play that sean connery clip before every game? because they should

GoldandBlack
February 15th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Pick up discussion on Michigan's MZone Forum, about halfway down the page under "Rumor Mill", at:

lizrdgizrd
February 15th, 2007, 10:52 AM

Of course they have to bring up the video. :nonono2: :rolleyes:

GoldandBlack
February 15th, 2007, 10:53 AM

Ya know, when it comes to "Appalachian State is Hot! Hot! Hot!", you can't run, and you can't hide-

IT'S EVERYWHERE!xlolx

lizrdgizrd
February 15th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Ya know, when it comes to "Appalachian State is Hot! Hot! Hot!", you can't run, and you can't hide-

IT'S EVERYWHERE!xlolx
If it means that Michigan will play us then I vote we make another one!

GoldandBlack
February 15th, 2007, 11:02 AM
If it means that Michigan will play us then I vote we make another one!

Just let us all know when it's ready- everyone will want a complete collection.:smiley_wi

lizrdgizrd
February 15th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Just let us all know when it's ready- everyone will want a complete collection.:smiley_wi
I'll sell it for a few weeks then come out with a "Limited Edition" box set that'll cost 3X as much so you'll have to by both! :thumbsup:

Peems
February 15th, 2007, 11:07 AM

it never gets old, and if you havent seen it like the big boys up in michigan you will be blown away. If im a wolverine im scared shtless of ASU:rotateh: :eek:

BisonBacker
February 15th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Dam that is funny stuff, they will never live that one down.xlolx

Appstate29
February 15th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Ahhh, humiliation. Ohh well, heres to hoping that Michigan fans are as nice and classy as LSU fans. This is going to be a lot of fun, I should say this is all in hypotheticals, as nothing has been officially released, although it better be real because i have my freackin heart set on Ann Arbor to watch the Apps pull off the greatest upset in the history of the world. The 300 Spartans have nothing on this one.

jbuggASU
February 15th, 2007, 11:20 AM
that was a sick hit! but tell me do they play that sean connery clip before every game? because they should

Yes they do.:D

GoldandBlack
February 15th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Ahhh, humiliation. Ohh well, heres to hoping that Michigan fans are as nice and classy as LSU fans. This is going to be a lot of fun, I should say this is all in hypotheticals, as nothing has been officially released, although it better be real because i have my freackin heart set on Ann Arbor to watch the Apps pull off the greatest upset in the history of the world. The 300 Spartans have nothing on this one.

Just remember, if you get the nod, we're all jealous.

And we thought we were doing pretty well playing Maryland, Clemson, South Carolina, and N.C. State:rolleyes:

lizrdgizrd
February 15th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Just remember, if you get the nod, we're all jealous.

And we thought we were doing pretty well playing Maryland, Clemson, South Carolina, and N.C. State:rolleyes:
All in the same season? That would be impressive. Or stupid, it depends on how many wins you get. :smiley_wi

GoGuins
February 15th, 2007, 12:00 PM

Trust me, we will treat you well. The atmosphere is unbelievable

As far as an upset?, I'd bet my house on Michigan:D

Mysef
February 15th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I would love to see an ASU win, but here are the facts since 1995:

1995 – W ASU 24 – Wake Forest 22
1996 – L ASU 13 – Wake Forest 19
1997 – L ASU 12 – Clemson 23
1998 – W ASU 30 – Wake Forest 27 OT
1999 – L ASU 15 – Auburn 22
2000 – W ASU 20 – Wake Forest 16
2001 – L ASU 10 – Wake Forest 20
2002 – L ASU 17 – Marshall 50
2003 – L ASU 17 – Hawaii 40
2004 – L ASU 7 – Wyoming 53
2005 – L ASU 8 – Kansas 36
2005 - L ASU 0 – LSU 24
2006 – L ASU 10 – NC State 23

Yes, several of those games were better than others, I was at the Auburn game when we were tied with 38 seconds to go - but they were down that year, I also saw us get blasted on by Hawaii. It does seem like the bigger the team the better the Apps play. All in all I think best we can hope for is a win, best we can expect is to stay close (ala LSU in '05), what we should pray for is to not get embarassed.

Go Apps, Fight Apps, Win Apps!

GoldandBlack
February 15th, 2007, 12:04 PM
All in the same season? That would be impressive. Or stupid, it depends on how many wins you get. :smiley_wi

You kiddin' me? We'd have no team left if that was one season!

That's THIS DECADE we're talkin' about.:nod:

ASUPATCH
February 15th, 2007, 12:21 PM
First game of the year.

Alright you are my new best friend, ok getting married in July wanna be my best man? I love the FCS enthusiasm here. We need like 6 or 7 fcs wins vs bcs schools this year.

Apps32
February 15th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Trust me, we will treat you well. The atmosphere is unbelievable

As far as an upset?, I'd bet my house on Michigan:D

You may have been asked this, I haven't read all 10+ pages of this rediculous thread, but why are you calling Michigan "we" when your handle is "GoGuins?" Sounds like in Boone, you'd be in violation of App Law #1. (No disrespect intended, just curious)

CITFAN
February 15th, 2007, 12:52 PM
This is a great game for App State. I hope they give them a run. Of course, I am heading to the vault on this but it can be done. I am a broken record, I know, but EL CID beat South Carolina in 1990 and Arkansas in 1992. So I say GO MOUTAINEERS.:hurray:

GoGuins
February 15th, 2007, 12:59 PM
You may have been asked this, I haven't read all 10+ pages of this rediculous thread, but why are you calling Michigan "we" when your handle is "GoGuins?" Sounds like in Boone, you'd be in violation of App Law #1. (No disrespect intended, just curious)

I'm a season ticket holder and booster of Michigan football (as is my brother). I've been a Michigan fan way before YSU, although I graduated from YSU. I dump a lot more $$$ in Michigan athletics than YSU & drive the 3.5 hours every weekend for home games. I still attend YSU games, I went to 5 Michigan & 5 YSU games in '06.

If Michigan were to play YSU, I'd root for Michigan. Does that make me anti FCS? Maybe in some eyes, but my Michigan days and memories go back farther than YSU's

Just like when OSU plays YSU this year. Most YSU fans are also OSU fans and I would guess more than 50% of them will be rooting for OSU. How do I know? I know by seeing half the people wearing OSU apparel at YSU home games.

Do I like to see the FCS upset FBS? Sure, it's nice to see the underdog win, but not when it's against my team

Mountaineer
February 15th, 2007, 01:06 PM
And dedicated, through and through YSU fans across the country let out a sigh.. :D :thumbsup:

GGASU
February 15th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I'm a season ticket holder and booster of Michigan football (as is my brother). I've been a Michigan fan way before YSU, although I graduated from YSU. I dump a lot more $$$ in Michigan athletics than YSU & drive the 3.5 hours every weekend for home games. I still attend YSU games, I went to 5 Michigan & 5 YSU games in '06.

If Michigan were to play YSU, I'd root for Michigan. Does that make me anti FCS? Maybe in some eyes, but my Michigan days and memories go back farther than YSU's

You graduated from Youngstown but would pull for Michigan againist them.

WOW :asswhip:

Appstate29
February 15th, 2007, 01:18 PM

Just like when OSU plays YSU this year. Most YSU fans are also OSU fans and I would guess more than 50% of them will be rooting for OSU. How do I know? I know by seeing half the people wearing OSU apparel at YSU home games.

Do I like to see the FCS upset FBS? Sure, it's nice to see the underdog win, but not when it's against my team

did you go undergrad Michigan and grad YSU or the other way around or something?

Peems
February 15th, 2007, 01:20 PM
so is this game officially happening or what?

Appstate29
February 15th, 2007, 01:23 PM
it better be by God, or else i'm going to Michigan-Insert whatever school here in my ASU clothes. and body paint

GoldandBlack
February 15th, 2007, 01:29 PM
it better be by God, or else i'm going to Michigan-Insert whatever school here in my ASU clothes. and body paint

Just don't get carried away------

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:xp0wCJqpLMVD-M:http://www.breaktaker.com/albums/pictures/general/AmazingBodyPaint.jpg

WUTNDITWAA
February 15th, 2007, 01:33 PM

Wow. Just wow.

Appstate29
February 15th, 2007, 01:33 PM
haha, thats what I was going for.

Appstate29
February 15th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Wow. Just wow.

we shouldn't be acting so surprised, we know there are ASU alums doing th same thing with UNC,State, UGA, USC :nonono2: :nonono2: find'em and burn'em (not literally)

griz37
February 15th, 2007, 01:49 PM

My sentiments exactly. I have been a Michigan fan since I was 6-7, I didn't even know Griz football existed until I was 10. All of my childhood happiness & heartbreak from football came from Michigan. I LOVE the Griz, but my blood will always be Maize & Blue.

Mountaineer
February 15th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Meh - I could've been born at midfield of the Big House and there's still no way I'd ever cheer for another team more than my alma mater. Nor would I ever cheer for a team to beat my alma mater. :nod:

Appstate29
February 15th, 2007, 01:52 PM
My sentiments exactly. I have been a Michigan fan since I was 6-7, I didn't even know Griz football existed until I was 10. All of my childhood happiness & heartbreak from football came from Michigan. I LOVE the Griz, but my blood will always be Maize & Blue.

I guess I was the same way with UGA until I was reborn under The Appalachian State University. This is the school that gave me my future, my education, my best friends for life. UGA didn't do **** for me besides choke on florida when i was a kid, and choke on florida now that I don't care what happens to them anymore. Well I root for them? sure, yay go Georgia. But in the place of MY school, lord no.

GoGuins
February 15th, 2007, 01:52 PM

Thanks griz, at least someone on here understands where I'm coming from

I would have rather got my education from the University of Michigan rather than YSU, but my situation and circumstances at the time didn't allow me to go out of Ohio to go to college. So I went to the nearest college that afforded me the best education & opportunities. I will will always appreciate YSU for giving me that

griz37
February 15th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Meh - I could've been born at midfield of the Big House and there's still no way I'd ever cheer for another team more than my alma mater. Nor would I even cheer for a team to beat my alma mater. :nod:

Let me ask you this: Do you have a I-A team that you absolutely love & have always followed? If not then you really can't put yourself into my shoes.

Appstate29
February 15th, 2007, 01:53 PM

OH and also, get ready for a little more heartbreak, or a lot, depending on how you view losing to lowly, sucky I-AA xlolx xlolx

Mountaineer
February 15th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Let me ask you this: Do you have a I-A team that you absolutely love & have always followed? If not then you really can't put yourself into my shoes.

Yup, I grew up a Tar Heels fan. MAJOR Tar Heels fan. Watched football, soccer, basketball religiously.

While I still follow UNC very loosely - I'd never cheer for them more than ASU and I would certainly never pull for them to beat ASU. :rotateh:

griz37
February 15th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Yup, I grew up a Tar Heels fan. MAJOR Tar Heels fan. Watched football, soccer, basketball religiously.

While I still follow UNC very loosely - I'd never cheer for them more than ASU and I would certainly never pull for them to beat ASU. :rotateh:

Well thats a given, nobody should ever cheer for the Tar Heels. :nod:

MYTAPPY
February 15th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I was raised a Wake Forest fan. My father is an alumn and took me to both b-ball and f-ball games when I was a kid. Back then though not much cheering was going on:o

But, when App State played and plays Wake in any sport, I go for my Mountaineers.

Mountaineer
February 15th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Well thats a given, nobody should ever cheer for the Tar Heels. :nod:

Nice side-step. :p

Point still stands. And folks here wonder why thier schools often get no respect or coverage. It's because a good portion of their alumni are on the wagon for the "major" schools. :twocents:

GoldandBlack
February 15th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I was raised a Wake Forest fan. My father is an alumn and took me to both b-ball and f-ball games when I was a kid. Back then though not much cheering was going on:o

But, when App State played and plays Wake in any sport, I go for my Mountaineers.

Must be different up there in MI - I grew up pulling for South Carolina (also not much cheering going on then), but once I got to Wofford, I've bled Old Gold and Black ever since. (Different color gold than App State:nod: )

griz37
February 15th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Point still stands. And folks here wonder why thier schools often get no respect or coverage. It's because a good portion of their alumni are on the wagon for the "major" schools. :twocents:

I won't even try to argue that point because you are correct. But you won't hear me whining about the Griz not getting national recognition or to be on ESPN every Saturday. Not many people outside our little world here care about I-AA football & that isn't likely to change anytime soon.

WUTNDITWAA
February 15th, 2007, 02:03 PM
GoGuins and griz37: I'm going to put this as gently as I know how.

You two are perfect examples of what's wrong with FCS football.

WUTNDITWAA
February 15th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Must be different up there in MI - I grew up pulling for South Carolina (also not much cheering going on then), but once I got to Wofford, I've bled Old Gold and Black ever since. (Different color gold than App State:nod: )

I do admire your gold. Lot more appealing than our "yellar."

Mountaineer
February 15th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I won't even try to argue that point because you are correct. But you won't hear me whining about the Griz not getting national recognition or to be on ESPN every Saturday. Not many people outside our little world here care about I-AA football & that isn't likely to change anytime soon.

Aye, and you're not doing much to help. :thumbsup:

What it boils down to for most people I've noticed - is that they have to have a major team to pull for so when people ask they can scream "Michigan" or "Ohio State" or whomever else - instead of being proud and saying "THE University of Montana" or "Youngstown State University".

I wear my ASU stuff all the time - talk about FCS football to everyone I meet that shows an interest - tell 'em about AGS.

GoldandBlack
February 15th, 2007, 02:10 PM
We are FCS, and we are proud!

Appstate29
February 15th, 2007, 02:11 PM

Yah and I think there is two reasons for that. 1. no requirements in FCS, Marys Girls school of the blind can have an FCS football team. Put in some requirements and enforce them. Make it competitive other than just the autobid conferences and maybe a USD every now and again.
2. Can you imagine how much support you could garner if every single alumni from an FCS school followed his school like you do Michigan? If every single ASU alumni followed us instead of not ASU, how much money ESPN would be losing? you're damn right there would be FCS games on every saturday.
and one I just thought of but might really be the key to sustaining sucess for the FCS, get the IVY league more involved. IF the alums at the ivy league schools cared about FCS football and winning championships, we'd see a whole new light.

GoGuins
February 15th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Dang, this thread is getting out of hand. Sorry I even brought it up

Appstate29
February 15th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Dang, this thread is getting out of hand. Sorry I even brought it up

why not? there are still 6 and a half more months until this game, we gotta have something to talk about before it starts :p

GoldandBlack
February 15th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Yah and I think there is two reasons for that. 1. no requirements in FCS, Marys Girls school of the blind can have an FCS football team. Put in some requirements and enforce them. Make it competitive other than just the autobid conferences and maybe a USD every now and again.
2. Can you imagine how much support you could garner if every single alumni from an FCS school followed his school like you do Michigan? If every single ASU alumni followed us instead of not ASU, how much money ESPN would be losing? you're damn right there would be FCS games on every saturday.
and one I just thought of but might really be the key to sustaining sucess for the FCS, get the IVY league more involved. IF the alums at the ivy league schools cared about FCS football and winning championships, we'd see a whole new light.

Good points- the Ivy reminds me of Notre Dame- they've got their own thing going, and as long as it works for them, they're not worried about anyone else.

ysubigred
February 15th, 2007, 02:23 PM
GO APPY STATE BEAT MEATCHICKEN :thumbsup: OHIO STATES SUCKS BUT NOT AS BAD AS MEATCHICKEN :D

GoGuins
February 15th, 2007, 02:26 PM
GO APPY STATE BEAT MEATCHICKEN :thumbsup: OHIO STATES SUCKS BUT NOT AS BAD AS MEATCHICKEN :D

AT LEAST "MEATCHICKEN" DOESN'T CHEAT LIKE THOSE SOONERS!:D

Appstate29
February 15th, 2007, 02:29 PM

didn't Michigan get put on serious probation for scandals with the basketball team?

lizrdgizrd
February 15th, 2007, 02:33 PM
didn't Michigan get put on serious probation for scandals with the basketball team?
I think we're talking about football--the noble sport--but you're right, they did.

GoGuins
February 15th, 2007, 02:34 PM

Yes, Chris Webber taking $$$$ from a booster. Now, If YSU basketball played Michigan basketball, I would root for YSU:nod: Which I did last 11/22 when they played in AA (was at the game)

I don't care much for Michigan b-ball

MYTAPPY
February 15th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Lets not have this thread get thrown into the smack board. When anyone hears of news on the possibility of said game, let us know.

If you want to start a, Is it o.k. to cheer for BCS if your a FCS alumn or whatever,,,,,, go right ahead on the "smack board"

lizrdgizrd
February 15th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Lets not have this thread get thrown into the smack board. When anyone hears of news on the possibility of said game, let us know.

If you want to start a, Is it o.k. to cheer for BCS if your a FCS alumn or whatever,,,,,, go right ahead on the "smack board"
Done!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20028

ysubigred
February 15th, 2007, 03:06 PM

Not cheating unless you get caught LOL!!

February 15th, 2007, 03:25 PM
... I've been a Michigan fan way before YSU... If Michigan were to play YSU, I'd root for Michigan...I was a Michigan fan (and student) way before YSU too but if Michigan were to play YSU, I would not root for the Wolverines. I'd root for YSU to absolutely crush them. I would never root against any FCS team in any situation. :twocents:

yosef1969
February 15th, 2007, 04:21 PM
"I would never root against any FCS team in any situation."

I agree 99.9%. Can't pull for Furman under any circumstance.

BTW Ralph, is your avatar an actual record of when he invented the internet or just a reinactment?

Peems
February 15th, 2007, 04:54 PM
im in a different boat here. I will cheer for the griz no matter where i go or have gone. The griz are first and foremost in my mind. If i went to UMass or Appy or hell even Michigan i would still cheer for the griz. STATE PRIDE i am a GRIZZLY!!!!!!!

GoGuins
February 15th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I was a Michigan fan (and student) way before YSU too but if Michigan were to play YSU, I would not root for the Wolverines. I'd root for YSU to absolutely crush them. I would never root against any FCS team in any situation. :twocents:

Sarastic or true? If you are a UofM grad Ralph, why root against your alma mater?

February 15th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Sarastic or true? If you are a UofM grad Ralph, why root against your alma mater?It's true GoBlue :p , but my alma mater (DePaul) hasn't ever sponsored football.

February 15th, 2007, 08:04 PM
... BTW Ralph, is your avatar an actual record of when he invented the internet or just a reinactment?
Gore said, "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

...According to Vincent Cerf, a senior vice president with MCI Worldcom who's been called the Father of the Internet, "The Internet would not be where it is in the United States without the strong support given to it and related research areas by the Vice President in his current role and in his earlier role as Senator."

The inventor of the Mosaic Browser, Marc Andreesen, credits Gore with making his work possible. He received a federal grant through Gore's High Performance Computing Act.

The University of Pennsylvania's Dave Ferber says that without Gore the Internet "would not be where it is today."

Joseph E. Traub, a computer science professor at Columbia University, claims that Gore "was perhaps the first political leader to grasp the importance of networking the country.

Could we perhaps see an end to cheap shots from politicians and pundits about inventing the Internet?"

http://www.perkel.com/politics/gore/internet.htm xcoffeex

GoldandBlack
February 15th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Could we perhaps see an end to cheap shots from politicians and pundits about inventing the Internet?"xcoffeex

Does that mean it's still OK to take shots at Clinton for his "I didn't inhale and I never tried it again." and "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky."?:smiley_wi

ball21
February 15th, 2007, 09:05 PM
ASU Fans get ready to pack your bags to Michigan on 9/1!!!

The word is coming soon....

T-Dog
February 15th, 2007, 09:09 PM

Tell em to hurry the hell up, we've been waiting for the big word all day.

ASU Kep
February 15th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Tell em to hurry the hell up, we've been waiting for the big word all day.

Seriously. If it truly is a done deal, ANNOUNCE IT PUBLICLY!!!

Mr. C
February 15th, 2007, 11:02 PM
It might be that the timing of an announcement isn't quite right. It would take some luster from ASU's bracker buster basketball game on Saturday at Wichita State with an overshadowing football story. From a PR standpoint, an announcement next week would make much more sense.

ASU Kep
February 16th, 2007, 12:06 AM
It might be that the timing of an announcement isn't quite right. It would take some luster from ASU's bracker buster basketball game on Saturday at Wichita State with an overshadowing football story. From a PR standpoint, an announcement next week would make much more sense.

Really nice of Michigan to take that into consideration as well. :eyebrow:

T-Dog
February 16th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Lastest word is that the official announcement is delayed so that Jerry Moore could tell the team himself and put all other rumors and stuff to rest. That meeting was this morning.

Appalachian State @ Michigan on 9/1/07 is " all but a foregone conclusion" according to the same person.

BDKJMU
February 16th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Minnesota 34 - Iowa 24

Comparative scores mean little. Like in 04'. JMU beat Maine. Maine upset Miss St. Miss St upset Florida. Florida upset so and so. Etc. Pretty soon by comparative scores you had JMU at the top of IAA AND IA. Michigan was #2 for most of the year, going 11-2, losing to Ohio St at the Shoe in a game they outplayed OSU in, and in the Rose Bowl to USC. App State I imagine will be pre season #1 IAA. I imagine ASU could stay within a TD or 2 of Michigan in the 1st half. Most IAs, esp the top ones, just seem to come out flat against IAAs. 2nd half Michigan would run away with it. I'd be rooting hard for ASU, but I would see Michigan winning by 30-40. :twocents:

BDKJMU
February 16th, 2007, 02:20 AM

I'm a VA Tech fan (hate UVGay,mean UVA), but Va Tech's program is a notch below Michigan's. (only 3times I can remember rooting against VT were 92', 99', and 03' when they played JMU.

In 04' when JMU won the National Championship, they played at then top 10 WVU and lost 45-10. Was 0-0 end of 1st quarter. WVU opened it up in the 2nd, aided by a Banks fumble returned for a WVU TD. Again you'd have probably the top IAA team playing against an even better IA team, probably top 3 pre season Michigan, who as has been previously stated, would be load. Again, I would see UM in this one 30-40 over ASU. If you think ASU would win this game, you need to have your head examined. xidiotx

SoCon48
February 16th, 2007, 06:58 AM
I'm a VA Tech fan (hate UVGay,mean UVA), but Va Tech's program is a notch below Michigan's. (only 3times I can remember rooting against VT were 92', 99', and 03' when they played JMU.

In 04' when JMU won the National Championship, they played at then top 10 WVU and lost 45-10. Was 0-0 end of 1st quarter. WVU opened it up in the 2nd, aided by a Banks fumble returned for a WVU TD. Again you'd have probably the top IAA team playing against an even better IA team, probably top 3 pre season Michigan, who as has been previously stated, would be load. Again, I would see UM in this one 30-40 over ASU. If you think ASU would win this game, you need to have your head examined. xidiotx

Heard that about ASU a lot before they played JMU-Rascati.:rolleyes:

Mysef
February 16th, 2007, 08:35 AM

I would think Michigan couldn't care less when we announce, they will try to make it as low key as they possibly can (like LSU did), becuase they know all of their fans that do not already know are going to come unglued when they find out they are playing a I-AA team for the first time ever. Michigan would probably rather advertise the game as a "surprise opponent" and not have anyone know who they were playing until the Mountaineers ran out onto the field. Of course the stadium would still be packed even if no one knew who they were playing.

GoGuins
February 16th, 2007, 08:43 AM
I would think Michigan couldn't care less when we announce, they will try to make it as low key as they possibly can (like LSU did), becuase they know all of their fans that do not already know are going to come unglued when they find out they are playing a I-AA team for the first time ever. Michigan would probably rather advertise the game as a "surprise opponent" and not have anyone know who they were playing until the Mountaineers ran out onto the field. Of course the stadium would still be packed even if no one knew who they were playing.

Well, just like Ohio State fans were in an uproar when it was announced they were playing Youngstown State on 9/1, it will be the same for Michigan fans if this game is announced.

Nonetheless, there will be 110,000+ in the stadium opening day at the Big House, no matter who the opponent is

GGASU
February 16th, 2007, 09:02 AM
GoGuins

Did you post on the Michigan Site today under the name YTownWolv?

Apps32
February 16th, 2007, 09:30 AM

Yeah, we have the same problem at App, as does the majority of FCS schools, save the UM's, MSU's, UD's ie flagship state universities.

Like I said, no disrespect intended, but in Boone you are most definitely in violation of App Law #1...

"APP Law No. 1.

Anyone who goes to or holds a degree from Appalachian State University and insists on cheering for another school in place of, or more importantly in front of an ASU intercollegiate athletics team: Get the hell off our Mountain. We don't need you, and we surely don't want you. Turn in your diploma and take it off your resume."

Apps32
February 16th, 2007, 09:32 AM

I was thinking that, as well. UM doesn't have any "Bracketbuster" game on Saturday...

Apps32
February 16th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Lastest word is that the official announcement is delayed so that Jerry Moore could tell the team himself and put all other rumors and stuff to rest. That meeting was this morning.

Appalachian State @ Michigan on 9/1/07 is " all but a foregone conclusion" according to the same person.

Well according to either AC or the MMB (I can't keep the 2 rumor mills straight anymore), Coach talked to the team yesterday.

All of these rumor mongers should have a meeting and appoint a spokesman....

GoGuins
February 16th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Michigan Rivals

http://michigan.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=39&mid=89712559&sid=883&tid=89712559&style=1

citdog
February 16th, 2007, 10:11 AM
I looked at that Michigan Board and those guys are a bunch of Douches! :mad: xidiotx :bang:

GoldandBlack
February 16th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I looked at that Michigan Board and those guys are a bunch of Douches! :mad: xidiotx :bang:

Naw, really, CitDog, how do you REALLY feel about them?:smiley_wi

citdog
February 16th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Especially the guy that has a picture of himself all oiled up and flexing while touching Jean Claude Van Damme! Down DbackJon!xlolx

bluehenbillk
February 16th, 2007, 10:56 AM
How would you expect Michigan fans to react to this rumor?

Peems
February 16th, 2007, 10:58 AM

for once, i agree with Citdog. I used to be a michigan fan, but not anymore. I can't believe i'm about to say this but...GO APP!

(though i have a feeling if ASU wins it will be hard for anyone in FCS to beat them:cool: )

lizrdgizrd
February 16th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Especially the guy that has a picture of himself all oiled up and flexing while touching Jean Claude Van Damme! Down DbackJon!xlolx
You mean this one?

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/maizegoblue/vandamme_and_me.jpg

citdog
February 16th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah that's the one! Did this guy call JCVD and tell him to wear that same shirt? Does he carry around a bunch of button down tank tops with him wherever he goes just in case he runs in to JCVD? Or is he just totally gay? Meant that in a non Tim Hardaway way!:nod:

GoldandBlack
February 16th, 2007, 11:12 AM
You mean this one?

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/maizegoblue/vandamme_and_me.jpg

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.

They have everything for you men to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys ...

Zim262
February 16th, 2007, 11:49 AM
The LSU fan sites had the same type of talk when it came out they had scheduled us a couple of years ago. You would have thought they were going to play a local Pee-Wee league team.

bluehenbillk
February 16th, 2007, 11:58 AM
If I'm an Appalachian fan I don't use the LSU game as a barometer. If I remember right the ASU/LSU game was mid-to-second half of the season mixed in with LSU's SEC schedule. This will be Michigan's opener, I'd expect Michigan to be rolling on all cylinders versus using it as a week to rest.

Appstate29
February 16th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Same with App, Michigan is our cupcake before elon and mars hill

proasu89
February 16th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Now that was funnyxlolx

Peems
February 16th, 2007, 02:21 PM

yeah just dont be looking to next week!

Yosef92
February 16th, 2007, 02:58 PM
http://mgoblue.com/schedule.cfm?section_id=259&top=2&level=3&season_id=1008

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

AppGuy04
February 16th, 2007, 02:59 PM
http://mgoblue.com/schedule.cfm?section_id=259&top=2&level=3&season_id=1008

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Yep, its official

lizrdgizrd
February 16th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Yep, its official
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

ball21
February 16th, 2007, 10:37 PM

I am so glad Montana went with a money game for their first game on 9/1? Montana when you want to play with the BIG DOGS let us know ok..

What a cupcake schedule your team has this year! I hope you don't lose to one of those teams b/c you will HEAR it for sure...

Way to Go App, a lot of us are looking forward to the game with Michigan..

mlbowl
February 20th, 2007, 08:18 AM
I am so glad Montana went with a money game for their first game on 9/1? Montana when you want to play with the BIG DOGS let us know ok..

What a cupcake schedule your team has this year! I hope you don't lose to one of those teams b/c you will HEAR it for sure...

Way to Go App, a lot of us are looking forward to the game with Michigan..

be sure and thank us after Michigan hangs 50 on ya:thumbsup:

lizrdgizrd
February 20th, 2007, 09:05 AM
That'll be just enough for them to keep it close. :smiley_wi

Grabholdofyosef
February 20th, 2007, 10:25 AM
I believe that it would take the stars alligning for ASU to beat mich, but it is reasonable to think ASU could hang in there for a while.

-From what i can recall (i havent done fact checking), it seems like Michigan normally loses early and then gets a lot better during the season until the OSU game : )
-Also, Ball state was 3-6 when they played Michigan last year and the game was closer than you mentioned. I am willing to say that ASU was at least on par with Ball State last year. They had the ball down by only 8 at the Michigan 2!!!!

http://mgoblue.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=22648

"Ball State stormed back, first scoring on a two-yard run by Larry Bostic, bringing the score to 34-26 with 8:45 left in the fourth quarter. The score was set up by a 62-yard pass from Davis to Terry Moss down the right sideline. The drive covered 64 yards in just 38 seconds.

The Wolverines were unable to do anything with the ball on their next possession and punted back to the Cardinals after only three plays. Starting at their own 13-yard line, the Cardinals used a variety of offensive sets to move the ball to the Michigan two-yard line. Davis connected with Love for 25 yards, and with Darius Hill for 22 yards on the drive. Ball State was aided by two Michigan penalties on the possession, including a six-yard face mask on third down from the Michigan 12-yard line. The Wolverine defense held strong in the red zone, not allowing BSU to score when the Cardinals had five shots from inside the U-M 10-yard line."

Grabholdofyosef
February 20th, 2007, 10:27 AM
I am new at this. I was trying to reply to this one.

ball21
March 7th, 2007, 01:35 PM

Michigan might put 50 on us so what, we might have 30 +. We will put 50 on you in Chattanooga when we go for our third Championship!

Tell everyone your first two games again?
:nono:
xidiotx

mlbowl
March 7th, 2007, 02:17 PM
We will put 50 on you in Chattanooga when we go for our third Championship!

you just be sure and come on back when you don't even make the playoffsxidiotx

mlbowl
March 7th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Tell everyone your first two games again?
:nono:
xidiotx

Why don't you tell everyone who Mars Hill College is....you should be familiar with them cuz they were the 3 - 7 div II team on your schedule last yearxidiotx

Mountaineer
March 7th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Why don't you tell everyone who Mars Hill College is....you should be familiar with them cuz they were the 3 - 7 div II team on your schedule last yearxidiotx

Any relation to Fort Lewis? :p Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. :D

mlbowl
March 7th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Any relation to Fort Lewis? :p Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. :D

I think there's been several stones cast at Griz fans for their "cupcake schedule" just tossin' a couple back:nod:

Mountaineer
March 7th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Well..when ya get 7 home games to start the season and get to play in the Big Sky..what do ya expect? :D :p

I keed, I keed.... :smiley_wi

mlbowl
March 7th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Well..when ya get 7 home games to start the season and get to play in the Big Sky..what do ya expect? :D :p

I keed, I keed.... :smiley_wi

point takenxlolx

appfan2008
March 7th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Mars Hill could beat Fort Lewis!

Black Saturday
March 7th, 2007, 03:54 PM

I'm not so certain about 50, but I'm sure they're gonna hang $400k on us!:hurray:

Peems
March 7th, 2007, 03:58 PM

debatable

lizrdgizrd
March 8th, 2007, 07:57 AM
At least MH is just a short bus ride away! :)

mlbowl
March 8th, 2007, 08:12 AM

Ummm...Fort Lewis was 7-4 with 2 of their losses coming by way of FCS teamsxidiotx

let's take a look at some of the teams Mars Hill lost to....

Wingate
Tusculum
Lenoir-Rhyne
Presbyterian

Mr. C
March 8th, 2007, 08:16 AM
FYI, Wingate, Tusculum and Presbyterian are pretty good D-II teams. Mars Hill plays in one of the better D-II leagues in the country, the South Atlantic Conference. I'm not saying that Fort Lewis isn't better, but putting down three of those teams isn't very accurate.

mlbowl
March 8th, 2007, 10:16 AM
FYI, Wingate, Tusculum and Presbyterian are pretty good D-II teams. Mars Hill plays in one of the better D-II leagues in the country, the South Atlantic Conference. I'm not saying that Fort Lewis isn't better, but putting down three of those teams isn't very accurate.

Why weren't they ranked last year?

Peems
March 8th, 2007, 11:18 AM
http://membres.lycos.fr/dunkorama/tracy_mcgrady/images/mcgrady_dunk_000212.jpg

Peems
March 8th, 2007, 11:18 AM

http://membres.lycos.fr/dunkorama/tracy_mcgrady/images/mcgrady_dunk_000212.jpg

Mr. C
March 8th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I said they were good teams. I didn't say anything about rankings.

mlbowl
March 8th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I said they were good teams. I didn't say anything about rankings.

fair enough:cool:....my replies were directed at a few app st. fans who have repeatedly bashed the Griz for scheduling Fort Lewis College....Fort lewis is our Mars Hill :>)