PDA

View Full Version : Marty Scarano does it again - just saying

Pages : [1] 2

reeder
November 19th, 2017, 10:16 AM
UNH makes 14th straight appearance. Is Marty Scarano the most valuable AD in the FCS? How valuable is it for him to be on the selection committee?

Not making a judgement - just an observation.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Another home game, against the NEC Champ to boot, then avoids the top 3 seeds in round 2 if they win. They live a charmed life....

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2017, 10:23 AM
They must have some great dirt on someone to get in over Delaware

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 10:24 AM

or EWU.

Schism55
November 19th, 2017, 10:25 AM
or EWU.
Or Montana

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Or Montana

I wouldn't have argued with McNeese over them.

Henny
November 19th, 2017, 10:31 AM
I can see if the committee went with a team other than the CAA but if you are getting a 7-4 CAA team in, it should have been Delaware. No doubt about it and even UNH fans cant argue that.

UNHWildcat18
Another home game, against the NEC Champ to boot, then avoids the top 3 seeds in round 2 if they win. They live a charmed life....

Oh quit crying UCA is a good football team at number 4 seed. Just be happy you are in at 5-6

caribbeanhen
I wouldn't have argued with McNeese over them.

exactly, I called them the "little darlings"of the committe offending a UNH fan in the process but UNH as well as Delaware shouldn't be in, give me McNeese State and that nasty Defense

FargoBison
November 19th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Oh quit crying UCA is a good football team at number 4 seed. Just be happy you are in at 5-6

Yeah, I'd rather play JSU the UCA.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2017, 10:33 AM

I don't think I'm the only one. There's no doubt UNH has received some favorable treatment the last 5 years. You benefit from it! Enjoy it!

I'm not that happy to be in at 5-6. SBU has to be licking their chops...

Henny
November 19th, 2017, 10:37 AM
I really want to vomit now. They are going to have Chip Kelly talk about New Hampshire and as an Eagles Fan I'm repulsed.

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2017, 10:43 AM
I felt like Delaware had the best win of the teams not in the field, over 9-2 Stony Brook at Stony Brook -- but again, isn't there resume better than Nicholls, too? Nicholls doesn't have a single win over a playoff team. Same with Furman. UNH had terrible losses, but if you look at quality of wins, I think the FBS win and Elon hold up well against most of the bubble.

Still, I'm stunned. I get why people are annoyed.

Redbird 4th & short
November 19th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Delaware should go nuts over UNH getting in over them ... Delaware had same record, played a tougher schedule, and performed better again

UNH should be shamed of their AD .. this is flat our wrong. His UNH Bio page says this:

....."Scarano has helped elevate UNH athletics onto the collegiate national stage."

He sure has !!!!!!

FCS Committee should kick his a-- off this committee .. this is not the first time UNH has gotten more love than they should .. he must go !

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2017, 10:53 AM
....WE WERE "HAMPSHIRED"....HENS HAD....TOUGHER STRENGTH O' SKED.....WIN OVERAH ALBANY.....WHO SHUT OUT N.H.........PLAYED JMU TOUGH......COME FROM B/HIND W OVERAH STONY BROOK....ON DUH ROAD........AS GOOD UH W.....AS DEY'RE W OVERAH ELON.......AT HOME.........WOODAH HAD BETTERAH CROWD..........DID WE WIN UGLAH....AN' LOSE UGLIER.....YEAH.......BUT SOUFF DAKOTAH....ELON....ET AL......WENT ON LOSIN' STREAKS....FINAL FEW WEEKS....xpissedx...BRAWK!

UNHWildcat18
November 19th, 2017, 11:00 AM
Delaware should go nuts over UNH getting in over them ... Delaware had same record, played a tougher schedule, and performed better again

UNH should be shamed of their AD .. this is flat our wrong. His UNH Bio page says this:

....."Scarano has helped elevate UNH athletics onto the collegiate national stage."

He sure has !!!!!!

FCS Committee should kick his a-- off this committee .. this is not the first time UNH has gotten more love than they should .. he must go !

I know our AD, and went to college with his son. Guy is a class act.

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2017, 11:03 AM
I know our AD, and went to college with his son. Guy is a class act.

......IT'S DUH INFLUENCE HE HAS.......WHEN NOT IN DUH ROOM......xsighx....BRAWK!

Ud1Hens
November 19th, 2017, 11:07 AM
Plus another selection committee member is the Holy Cross AD. Who do you think worked together to organize UNH vs Holy Cross this year? That's right, the ADs. Delaware stinks. Our offense is brutal. But to miss out to UNH is frustrating. Maybe instead of playing Virginia Tech we should have scheduled one of the worst FBS teams in the country in Georgia Southern.

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2017, 11:18 AM
You can ignore the FBS win until your blue in the face, but that's the difference.

Henny
November 19th, 2017, 11:26 AM
A 1-9 Sun Belt Team?!?!?!? You have to be kidding that you actually brought that up.

Fortunately out new AD is an absolute Pit Bull and will work tirelessly to get Marty Scarangelo removed from the committee. This is over the top wrong!

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Plus another selection committee member is the Holy Cross AD. Who do you think worked together to organize UNH vs Holy Cross this year? That's right, the ADs. Delaware stinks. Our offense is brutal. But to miss out to UNH is frustrating. Maybe instead of playing Virginia Tech we should have scheduled one of the worst FBS teams in the country in Georgia Southern.

Your stinkums performance with Villanova still owning UD's ass is what sealed the deal; VT had nothing to do with it.

93henfan
November 19th, 2017, 11:30 AM
This Scarano homer has been able to get away with this type of thing when he's dicking over no-name teams.

When you start dicking over EWU's, UD's, and McNeese's you'll start getting some feedback on your rigging of the field.

UNHWildcat18
November 19th, 2017, 11:31 AM
A 1-9 Sun Belt Team?!?!?!? You have to be kidding that you actually brought that up.

Fortunately out new AD is an absolute Pit Bull and will work tirelessly to get Marty Scarangelo removed from the committee. This is over the top wrong!

Yeah good luck with that...

Henny
November 19th, 2017, 11:32 AM
And UNH shouldn't have been shut out by Albany yesterday.....................

That's the point now.

Congratulations on making the tournament for the 14th year in a row where AGAIN you won't do ****

Coach Danny Rocco says he "cannot find any sensible, logical reason" that @UNH_Football "trumps @DelawareFB" in @NCAA_FCS selection. #BlueHens had better best win @StonyBrookFB and UNH had worse worst loss @HolyCrossFB. "It makes no sense," he said. #CAAFB

UNHWildcat18
November 19th, 2017, 11:39 AM

That's the point now.

Congratulations on making the tournament for the 14th year in a row where AGAIN you won't do ****

so making the quarters and semis the last couple of years dont mean anything huh? **** off, if UD played CCSU and then got smashed by UCA would that make you happy?

reeder
November 19th, 2017, 11:42 AM
You can ignore the FBS win until your blue in the face, but that's the difference.

That didn't matter last year when Albany had an FBS win at Buffalo and at UNH head to head - UNH still made the playoffs while Albany didn't.

Henny
November 19th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Sorry, you're missing the point entirely

Henny
November 19th, 2017, 11:45 AM
so making the quarters and semis the last couple of years dont mean anything huh? **** off, if UD played CCSU and then got smashed by UCA would that make you happy?

Sorry You're missing the point entirely.

Tell Marty, hope he enjoyed his last year on the committee.

centennial
November 19th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Marty Scarangelo is a scoundrel. That is all. Robbed a deserving team (EWU or UD).

reeder
November 19th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Also, this isn't a new perspective - from 2015

New Hampshire selection doesn't add up
By CRAIG HALEY
STATS FCS Senior Editor

(STATS) - For any team that receives one of the last at-large bids in the FCS at-playoff field, there's usually a couple left on the outside feeling they have better resumes.
In New Hampshire's case Sunday, there were more than a couple, according to the NCAA's adopted Simple Ratings System.
The SRS is similar to the popular RPI rating of teams used in college basketball, a ranking system used to gauge team quality, including strength-of-measure and a win-loss differential.
Despite being designed as a tool to aid in the playoff selection (http://www.ncaa.com/...-ratings-system (http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/simple-ratings-system)), the Division I committee hasn't quite embraced the SRS since its inception in 2013, and the recurring theme has reflected poorly with New Hampshire.
Two years ago, UNH had the lowest SRS number among at-large selections at 29, and five teams with higher rankings were left out of the field. Last year, the Wildcats earned the No. 1 seed despite having the sixth-best SRS ranking.
Fortunately for veteran coach Sean McDonnell and the Wildcats, they validated themselves by advancing to the FCS national semifinals in both seasons.
But it got harder Sunday to justify the SRS or UNH's inclusion in the 24-team field for the 12th straight year - the national high. The Wildcats (7-4), who won their final four regular-season games, had an SRS ranking of 40.
There were numerous eligible playoff hopefuls ahead of UNH in the SRS which did not receive at-large bids: Western Carolina (7-4), at 25; UT Martin (7-4), 27; Towson (7-4), 29; Youngstown State (6-5), 30; Villanova (6-5), 31; Northern Arizona (7-4), 33; North Dakota (7-4), 36; Bethune-Cookman (9-2), 37; and Prairie View A&M (8-2), 39.
Towson and North Dakota were named on the FCS selection show as the final teams left out of the field. Both, like New Hampshire, beat seven Division I opponents.
Western Carolina, UT Martin, Youngstown State, Villanova and Northern Arizona each had one fewer Division I win than New Hampshire, but the committee selected 6-5 Western Illinois, which had an SRS number of 20, for an at-large bid.
Bethune-Cookman and Prairie View A&M - eligible for at-large selections despite their conferences sending champions to the inaugural Celebration Bowl instead of the playoffs - both beat eight Division I teams.
With the numbers not adding up for New Hampshire again, the Wildcats hope to change opinions with another strong showing in the playoffs.

UNHWildcat18
November 19th, 2017, 11:57 AM
That didn't matter last year when Albany had an FBS win at Buffalo and at UNH head to head - UNH still made the playoffs while Albany didn't.

6-2 conference record vs 4-4 was probably an argument but yes I agree twas BS

UNHWildcat18
November 19th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Sorry You're missing the point entirely.

Tell Marty, hope he enjoyed his last year on the committee.

you said where we wont do ****, we've made quarters and semis the last few years, a few second round losses like last year to JMU(they won the NC) I cant remember the last first round loss we've had besides colgate so you have a **** argument apparently

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Re: CAA Championship

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by caribbeanhen http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2565114#post2565114)
the committee is Little darlings,

WTF does that mean? (replied a UNH fan)

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2017, 12:06 PM
What's even crazier is UNH was at worst the 3rd to last team in since they said Nicholls and USD were the last teams in (although not necessarily in that order).

Henny
November 19th, 2017, 12:20 PM
you said where we wont do ****, we've made quarters and semis the last few years, a few second round losses like last year to JMU(they won the NC) I cant remember the last first round loss we've had besides colgate so you have a **** argument apparently

How about getting to the finals or winning the damn thing in your 13 straight years for God sake. Isn't that the idea?

Lehigh'98
November 19th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Let’s not forget 2012 either, where Towson put up 70 on them in the last game then got left out in favor of them. It’s getting kinda funny at this point.

centennial
November 19th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Okay boys and girls. I pulled out the Massey numbers for UNH this decade-

2017- 31
2016- 19
2015 - 49 (Lost to Colgate round 1)
2014- 5
2013 - 5
2012 - 31 (Lost to Wofford round 1)
2011- 16
2010 - 7

And funny thing CCSU is 2nd weakest team in the playoffs after Lehigh.

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2017, 12:44 PM

Albany finished two games behind UNH in the same conference...

aceinthehole
November 19th, 2017, 12:47 PM
And funny thing CCSU is 2nd weakest team in the playoffs after Lehigh.

Um ... San Diego (Pioneer AQ)

centennial
November 19th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Um ... San Diego (Pioneer AQ)
Oops. Yea you are right.

NDSUtk
November 19th, 2017, 01:06 PM
What's even crazier is UNH was at worst the 3rd to last team in since they said Nicholls and USD were the last teams in (although not necessarily in that order).

So much this!!! How in the hell were they not considered a last 2 in?? Put USD's resume head to head with UNH for a bit... Bowling Green win > Georgia Southern win. SOS is not even close.

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 01:15 PM
I tend to agree that having Marty on the committee helps UNH every year.

However does this really need a thread? Neither UNH, UD, McNeese, or EWU are making it very far so why get all bent out of shape about it. Did Marty personally ruin your life?

Jesus you guys need to chill.

And why the f would we be ashamed of Marty? Because he tries to help the university? Get a grip

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 01:18 PM
I tend to agree that having Marty on the committee helps UNH every year.

However does this really need a thread? Neither UNH, UD, McNeese, or EWU are making it very far so why get all bent out of shape about it. Did Marty personally ruin your life?

Jesus you guys need to chill.

And why the f would we be ashamed of Marty? Because he tries to help the university? Get a grip

The problem is, why have the supposed best teams remaining after the AQs if the at-larges that should be in, are ignored and left at home?

SactoHornetFan
November 19th, 2017, 01:19 PM
....WE WERE "HAMPSHIRED"....HENS HAD....TOUGHER STRENGTH O' SKED.....WIN OVERAH ALBANY.....WHO SHUT OUT N.H.........PLAYED JMU TOUGH......COME FROM B/HIND W OVERAH STONY BROOK....ON DUH ROAD........AS GOOD UH W.....AS DEY'RE W OVERAH ELON.......AT HOME.........WOODAH HAD BETTERAH CROWD..........DID WE WIN UGLAH....AN' LOSE UGLIER.....YEAH.......BUT SOUFF DAKOTAH....ELON....ET AL......WENT ON LOSIN' STREAKS....FINAL FEW WEEKS....xpissedx...BRAWK!

South Dakota and UNH I'm pissed about for both EWU and Sac State. The Hornets won 5 of their last 6 and USD lost 4 of their last 5 and had a worse conf record than SAC. Where I feel for EWU is they had the better SRS over UNH and the Wildcats got curb stomped by Albany. ALBANY!

What a joke!

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 01:23 PM
The problem is, why have the supposed best teams remaining after the AQs if the at-larges that should be in, are ignored and left at home?

Because the whole playoff field is watered down with 24 teams. They need to change their guidelines and get rid of the regionalization. As we have all seen with the AGS poll, once you get past ranking 16, it’s a crap shoot. Why get up in arms about it? Sure UNH lost yesterday, so did Delaware. Yet here we are seeing threads about UNH AD needing to friggin resign, it’s crazy town

reeder
November 19th, 2017, 01:33 PM
Because the whole playoff field is watered down with 24 teams. They need to change their guidelines and get rid of the regionalization. As we have all seen with the AGS poll, once you get past ranking 16, it’s a crap shoot. Why get up in arms about it? Sure UNH lost yesterday, so did Delaware. Yet here we are seeing threads about UNH AD needing to friggin resign, it’s crazy town

The point of the original post is that it's not just this year - it's the last several years.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 01:35 PM

EWU got left out. That right there is a joke. Anyone who says they did not get snubbed is lying through their teeth. I say we scrap AQs and just go to 16 teams and seed the damn field.

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 01:53 PM
EWU got left out. That right there is a joke. Anyone who says they did not get snubbed is lying through their teeth. I say we scrap AQs and just go to 16 teams and seed the damn field.

I agree with you there. However due to regionalization, I don’t think the committee got to that point

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 01:56 PM
The point of the original post is that it's not just this year - it's the last several years.

And when UNH isn’t a title contender, it’s usually a bubble team. Each year is different, but we end up with the same problem we do this year. Even if Marty influences enough to throw UNH in over others, it never ruins the whole playoff experience. The teams that can/should win the title do. Those that were left out have as much of a shot as UNH does

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 02:01 PM
I agree with you there. However due to regionalization, I don’t think the committee got to that point

Not enough dollars to be made to ever seed the field.

reeder
November 19th, 2017, 02:04 PM
And when UNH isn’t a title contender, it’s usually a bubble team. Each year is different, but we end up with the same problem we do this year. Even if Marty influences enough to throw UNH in over others, it never ruins the whole playoff experience. The teams that can/should win the title do. Those that were left out have as much of a shot as UNH does

Not sure that i follow. It ruins the playoff experience for all the other teams, fan bases and communities that deserve to be in the playoffs.

How can the other teams have as much of a shot? They clearly don't.

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Not sure that i follow. It ruins the playoff experience for all the other teams, fan bases and communities that deserve to be in the playoffs.

How can the other teams have as much of a shot? They clearly don't.

All I was trying to say is UNH and those left out all could make a case to be in (or out). It’s not that obvious one way or another (despite some biased opinions). They all could make as little or lot of noise as others. They decided as a group that UNH should be in. Saying that Marty should resign is a bit much. It’s not like they gave UNH the 4th seed.

Some of you guys make it sound like it was so clear tha UNH should be left out, when plenty of others disagree with you. Let’s not make crazy accusations that we should be ashamed of Marty or the committee is being bought out.

caa51
November 19th, 2017, 02:23 PM

That's the point now.

Coach Danny Rocco says he "cannot find any sensible, logical reason" that @UNH_Football "trumps @DelawareFB" in @NCAA_FCS selection. #BlueHens had better best win @StonyBrookFB and UNH had worse worst loss @HolyCrossFB. "It makes no sense," he said. #CAAFB

My god all of you Delaware fans have to stop crying. You didn't get it done, period!! How about taking some accountability for being left out. Sure you can argue against UNH but you could also argue against any team that took their place. You lost to Towson and Villanova and your great defense let up 28 points yesterday to a team that scored 28 points total in their last FOUR games!!! I don't feel the committee was going to end the longest consecutive playoff streak after a 7 win season and they probably did get the benefit of the doubt. You guys have a very impressive storied past but it's been a while for Delaware and right now you lose out to a UNH program when your resumes are very similar. As for the sarcastic congratulations and infantile statement of "where again you won't do ****", maybe someday you will get back to playoffs and have a chance to do ****. Nothing like enjoying Thanksgiving and a playoff weekend!!!

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 03:08 PM
My god all of you Delaware fans have to stop crying. You didn't get it done, period!! How about taking some accountability for being left out. Sure you can argue against UNH but you could also argue against any team that took their place. You lost to Towson and Villanova and your great defense let up 28 points yesterday to a team that scored 28 points total in their last FOUR games!!! I don't feel the committee was going to end the longest consecutive playoff streak after a 7 win season and they probably did get the benefit of the doubt. You guys have a very impressive storied past but it's been a while for Delaware and right now you lose out to a UNH program when your resumes are very similar. As for the sarcastic congratulations and infantile statement of "where again you won't do ****", maybe someday you will get back to playoffs and have a chance to do ****. Nothing like enjoying Thanksgiving and a playoff weekend!!!

Delaware fans aren't the only ones pointing out that New Hampshire always seems to get the lucky breaks, and just happen to have a guy on the selection committee. I don't think Delaware should have been in the playoffs, just like I think New Hampshire shouldn't be either. A team that gets demolished by Holy Cross and shut out at Albany (who Delaware beat the week before) can't really say a whole lot about how deserving you are. I guess you could say claim that your FBS win over a terrible Georgia Southern team makes you deserving, though not many people agree. I guess long story short, UNH is in the playoffs, while other teams sit home wondering why.

caa51
November 19th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Delaware fans aren't the only ones pointing out that New Hampshire always seems to get the lucky breaks, and just happen to have a guy on the selection committee. I don't think Delaware should have been in the playoffs, just like I think New Hampshire shouldn't be either. A team that gets demolished by Holy Cross and shut out at Albany (who Delaware beat the week before) can't really say a whole lot about how deserving you are. I guess you could say claim that your FBS win over a terrible Georgia Southern team makes you deserving, though not many people agree. I guess long story short, UNH is in the playoffs, while other teams sit home wondering why.

That is very fair. I believe you can argue they shouldn't be in but I also believe there is no clear cut argument for putting someone else in over them. Like I said before I believe the committee was not going to end the longest active playoff streak after a seven win season.

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 03:21 PM

That's the point now.

You had 6 home games and only won 7, think about that. UNH won 7 with 5 home games. Win 8 or beat an FBS team and you should be in. You complain about UNH's schedule? You beat 2-9 Delaware St. and 3-7 Cornell, we beat FBS Georgia Southern and 6-5 Bryant. Did you play Elon? Keep thinking Delaware had a better resume.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26558&stc=1

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Did you just brag about beating ****ing Bryant? 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 03:25 PM

xnodx

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Did you just brag about beating ****ing Bryant? 

He is trying to dig his hole just that much deeper.

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 03:27 PM
You had 6 home games and only won 7, think about that. UNH won 7 with 5 home games. Win 8 or beat an FBS team and you should be in. You complain about UNH's schedule? You beat 2-9 Delaware St. and 3-7 Cornell, we beat FBS Georgia Southern and 6-5 Bryant. Did you play Elon? Keep thinking Delaware had a better resume.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26558&stc=1

I see you left out that 51-26 loss at Holy Cross. Wonder why?

We also beat Stony Brook & Albany and you didn't.

Again, I don't think Delaware should be in the playoffs, or New Hampshire.

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Did you just brag about beating ****ing Bryant? 

Compared to 2-9 Delaware St and 3-7 Cornell? I'll point that out all day its a better win, all day.

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 03:28 PM
He is trying to dig his hole just that much deeper.

thanks for your opinion, Mud Duck.

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Compared to 2-9 Delaware St and 3-7 Cornell? I'll point that out all day its a better win, all day.

How about Holy Cross?

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 03:33 PM
How about Holy Cross?

Obviously that game didn't happen. Just like that shutout against Albany yesterday.

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 03:34 PM
I see you left out that 51-26 loss at Holy Cross. Wonder why?

We also beat Stony Brook & Albany and you didn't.

Again, I don't think Delaware should be in the playoffs, or New Hampshire.

I see you left out losing to Towson, wonder why? We beat Towson and Elon and beat and FBS team you didn't.

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Are you now comparing Virginia Tech to Georgia Southern?

Good Lord.

kalm
November 19th, 2017, 03:53 PM
The SRS does

Henny
November 19th, 2017, 04:03 PM
UNH fans actually defending this is disturbing.

Word is Ole Marty will be asked to step down from the committee by the CAA and as an associate member ,UNH doesn't have much of a leg to stand on. Big article coming out in the Wilmington News Journal tomorrow about this very topic.

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 04:04 PM

Word is Ole Marty will be asked to step down from the committee by the CAA and as an associate member ,UNH doesn't have much of a leg to stand on. Big article coming out in the Wilmington News Journal tomorrow about this very topic.

Please post the article.

Henny
November 19th, 2017, 04:06 PM
will do

JayMYou
November 19th, 2017, 04:15 PM
This has the makings of a Twilight Zone paradox. I'm calling it now, UNH beats Cent Ark.

centennial
November 19th, 2017, 04:16 PM
will do
He deserves to be kicked off. He is disgracing the CAA with these homer calls. 2 times in 3 years he has managed to get UNH over more deserving teams.

Henny
November 19th, 2017, 04:19 PM
todays article

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2017/11/19/injustice-coach-danny-rocco-said/863050001/

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 04:19 PM
He deserves to be kicked off. He is disgracing the CAA with these homer calls. 2 times in 3 years he has managed to get UNH over more deserving teams.

I think you are selling him short. He's 3 for 3 in recent years, IMO.

centennial
November 19th, 2017, 04:24 PM
“It makes no sense," Rocco said. "Now if their AD is on the board and if that’s a factor then shame on everybody for allowing that to once again factor in on the future and the opportunity that we present to our student-athletes.”
Rocco pointed out that it isn’t the first time UNH has been selected over a CAA rival with similar, if not better credentials, including his 2012 Richmond team and Towson in both 2012 and 2015.
“This one here is very difficult to understand,” Rocco said. “It’s baffling.”
Richard Johnson, the athletic director from Wofford who serves as selection committee chairman, said on the ESPNU telecast that Austin Peay and Delaware were the two teams that came closest to being selected but didn’t. South Dakota and Nicholls State were the final two teams to get in.
Among the other at-large qualifiers was Big South runner-up Monmouth (9-2), which also lost to Albany.
New Hampshire was ranked 21st in the final STATS media Top 25 national poll of the regular season announced Sunday. But the poll is not supposed to be a factor in the selections. Delaware was fourth among others receiving votes.
“I am really disappointed in the lack of respect that our league got and the respect that my program got based on our body of work,” Rocco said.

Oh boy. Scarano is probably getting kicked off. I have been calling him out for years now.

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Wait so Marty gets kicked out because big bad Delaware is mad?

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2017, 04:32 PM
todays article

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2017/11/19/injustice-coach-danny-rocco-said/863050001/

Lol. No statistical reason? Rocco sounds like sour grapes to me.

UNHWildcat18
November 19th, 2017, 04:33 PM

Its actually comical, all these MVFC posters and UD fans crying. I’m couldnt enjoy it more

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 04:33 PM

I actually agree with you. I don't think it's the best thing for the coach to say right after he finds out his team didn't make the field.

centennial
November 19th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Even if it does happen, it's not like he is getting fired. Just off the committee. He is there to promote the interest of the CAA, not UNH. Which he has done in a ridiculous manner multiple times. Read the article, this is not the first time. And AGS has been calling him out for about 4-5 years now.

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 04:41 PM
I’m ok with Marty being removed from the committee if the FCS see that as a need. Like others, i prefer to UNH earn it on the field. Neither UD or UNH did unfortunately so we’ve spent a day whining on a fan forum.

centennial
November 19th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Its actually comical, all these MVFC posters and UD fans crying. I’m couldnt enjoy it more
I have no dog in this fight. I just want the best playoff field possible. When one guy keeps getting his team in it takes away from the sport. UD, EWU, Austin Peay, YSU, ISUr all are better choices vs UNH. And the worst thing is that they weren't even one of the last one's in. How does one justify this?

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Never understood why people left AGS until today. Woof this is ugly

centennial
November 19th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Stick around. You've been perfectly reasonable.

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Stick around. You've been perfectly reasonable.

Agreed.

POD Knows
November 19th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Never understood why people left AGS until today. Woof this is uglyThen leave, go to your safe space.

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2017, 04:57 PM
I have no dog in this fight. I just want the best playoff field possible. When one guy keeps getting his team in it takes away from the sport. UD, EWU, Austin Peay, YSU, ISUr all are better choices vs UNH. And the worst thing is that they weren't even one of the last one's in. How does one justify this?

Tell me how monmouth, Nicholls and that group have over unhs wins. I'll wait.

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Then leave, go to your safe space.

My favorite POD!

Don’t worry about me dude, I can handle the flack. The UNH board isn’t feeling so hot today and a lot of good people aren’t coming back. We shouldn’t be losing more people in an already small community due to arguing over which 7-4 team is worse.

UNH has had some luck the last few years, and i don’t think it’s ruined the product one bit. Playoffs have been great every year.

POD Knows
November 19th, 2017, 05:06 PM
My favorite POD!

Don’t worry about me dude, I can handle the flack. The UNH board isn’t feeling so hot today and a lot of good people aren’t coming back. We shouldn’t be losing more people in an already small community due to arguing over which 7-4 team is worse.

UNH has had some luck the last few years, and i don’t think it’s ruined the product one bit. Playoffs have been great every year.I know you can handle it but why are people leaving the UNH board? Some of these team boards are unreal, I don't belong to any other boards because I probably couldn't deal with the homerism but it is not good when you lose people.

centennial
November 19th, 2017, 05:07 PM
No one argued that Monmouth, or Nicholls should be in. This is a false equivalence. None of the teams have gotten in multiple times over teams that deserve to be in. Only 1 team comes to mind. And because it's AD is the CAA rep it's getting called out.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 05:08 PM

This would cause you to leave? Wow, that is weak.

UNHWildcat18
November 19th, 2017, 05:20 PM
I know you can handle it but why are people leaving the UNH board? Some of these team boards are unreal, I don't belong to any other boards because I probably couldn't deal with the homerism but it is not good when you lose people.

No one on the UNH board is leaving the UNH board...

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 05:20 PM
I know you can handle it but why are people leaving the UNH board? Some of these team boards are unreal, I don't belong to any other boards because I probably couldn't deal with the homerism but it is not good when you lose people.

Leaving the AGS board. Banter has been rough and there really isn’t a need. We can talk about the rights and wrongs of the selection without calling each other idiots and talking about shaming and getting rid of athletic directors.

I say we lobby hard to fix the selection guidelines so that it’s seeded 1-16 without the regionalization and we don’t have to hear this every year

POD Knows
November 19th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Leaving the AGS board. Banter has been rough and there really isn’t a need. We can talk about the rights and wrongs of the selection without calling each other idiots and talking about shaming and getting rid of athletic directors.

I say we lobby hard to fix the selection guidelines so that it’s seeded 1-16 without the regionalization and we don’t have to hear this every yearYou said the "UNH board", I didn't know what you were talking about as it didn't make sense, I got it now. The banter has been little tough here but not that bad, so my safe place statement stands, it just doesn't apply to you, you have thicker skin by being active on the poli board. Things become less shocking when you spend some time on there and mix it up. This conversation on here is just bar talk, it's importance in the grand scheme of things is zero.

And I agree with your last statement.

aceinthehole
November 19th, 2017, 06:09 PM
I actually agree with you. I don't think it's the best thing for the coach to say right after he finds out his team didn't make the field.

His statement should be a total embarrassment to the program and the school. He comes off like a petulant, whining cry-baby. Would Tubby Raymond ever say something like this? Did Towson, Villanova, or any other "snubbed" team ever come out with statements like this? This is not the message you want your head coach to send publicly.

To accuse and slander an Athletic Director from a fellow conference school for undue influence over fellow committee member has to be unheard of. I'd like to see a similar quote from any other D-I head coach, in any NCAA sport, like this ever.

What makes this all the more absurd and absolutely amazing is that a head coach from a 7-4 team is this outraged that another 7-4 team from the same conference is selected. I'm not sure I understand what he expected to achieve with that statement.

kalm
November 19th, 2017, 06:26 PM
todays article

"Delaware and New Hampshire didn’t play each other.
Against common opponents, Delaware was 4-2 (losses to James Madison and Towson) to UNH’s 3-3 (losses to James Madison, Stony Brook and Albany). UNH lost 15-0 at Albany on Saturday, a week after Delaware downed the Great Danes 22-3 at Delaware Stadium.
The Blue Hens had a better best win, over CAA runner-up Stony Brook, and New Hampshire had an inferior worst loss — 51-26 to Holy Cross (4-7, 3-3) of the Patriot League, whose champion, Lehigh, went 5-6. UNH did have a win over an FBS program, but it came against 1-9 Georgia Southern."

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2017, 06:33 PM
No one argued that Monmouth, or Nicholls should be in. This is a false equivalence. None of the teams have gotten in multiple times over teams that deserve to be in. Only 1 team comes to mind. And because it's AD is the CAA rep it's getting called out.

Ok. Still waiting for you to answer my question --- what's better about the resumes that didn't get in?

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2017, 06:37 PM
His statement should be a total embarrassment to the program and the school. He comes off like a petulant, whining cry-baby. Would Tubby Raymond ever say something like this? Did Towson, Villanova, or any other "snubbed" team ever come out with statements like this? This is not the message you want your head coach to send publicly.

To accuse and slander an Athletic Director from a fellow conference school for undue influence over fellow committee member has to be unheard of. I'd like to see a similar quote from any other D-I head coach, in any NCAA sport, like this ever.

What makes this all the more absurd and absolutely amazing is that a head coach from a 7-4 team is this outraged that another 7-4 team from the same conference is selected. I'm not sure I understand what he expected to achieve with that statement.

Rocco should be embarrassed by that. Completely and totally.

UNHWildcat18
November 19th, 2017, 06:50 PM

You are on fire today Ace

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2017, 07:36 PM
"Delaware and New Hampshire didn’t play each other.
Against common opponents, Delaware was 4-2 (losses to James Madison and Towson) to UNH’s 3-3 (losses to James Madison, Stony Brook and Albany). UNH lost 15-0 at Albany on Saturday, a week after Delaware downed the Great Danes 22-3 at Delaware Stadium.
The Blue Hens had a better best win, over CAA runner-up Stony Brook, and New Hampshire had an inferior worst loss — 51-26 to Holy Cross (4-7, 3-3) of the Patriot League, whose champion, Lehigh, went 5-6. UNH did have a win over an FBS program, but it came against 1-9 Georgia Southern."

......NH's WIN OVERAH GASO....WAS SO GREAT 'CAT'S STRENGTH O' SKED 37.....DELAWARE 21 WHIFF LOSS TA VA TECH...+.....UD vs LEHIGH....WOODAH SOLD MO' TICKETS......NEW HAMPSHIRE IS IN CAA FO' FOOTBALL OWN-LAH.......WHY DOES DEY'RE AD......REP US.....HOW IS DIS JOB ASSIGNED/CAP ON LENGTH UH SERVICE...ANYONE KNOW?......AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2017, 07:40 PM

....B/CAUSE......WE HAD 'EM BEAT IN EVERAH CRITERIA........DUH!......AWK!

kalm
November 19th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Rocco should be embarrassed by that. Completely and totally.

Said no one not associated with UNH football ever.

He's being honest and has the data points on his side. Why do you hate honesty and facts?

aceinthehole
November 19th, 2017, 09:20 PM
....B/CAUSE......WE HAD 'EM BEAT IN EVERAH CRITERIA........DUH!......AWK!

Well maybe your criteria, but clearly that wasn't the committee's opinion. This is a subjective process, just like the polls and every other NCAA championship committee - there are no facts or stats that are criteria; there are only indicators for the committee to use.

Why isn't Rocco calling out Monmouth, who also lost to Albany and doesn't have a single quality win that is equal to either UNH (GSU/Elon) or Delaware (SBU)? His opinion may be shared by message board posters, but that's where it should stay - on messageboards discussed by fans. He's got a big mouth and lot of opinions, but he didn't do his job and he and everyone in Newark knows it.

If I was a Blue Hen fan (which obviously I'm not), I'd be a lot more concerned that my coach LAID EGGS vs. my biggest rivals in Towson and Villanova! If anyone officially associated with UD is more concern about the selection committee than their own shortcomings, I'd be very concerned.

kalm
November 19th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Well maybe your criteria, but clearly that wasn't the committee's opinion. This is a subjective process, just like the polls and every other NCAA championship committee - there are no facts or stats that are criteria; there are only indicators for the committee to use.

Why isn't Rocco calling out Monmouth, who also lost to Albany and doesn't have a single quality win that is equal to either UNH (GSU/Elon) or Delaware (SBU)? His opinion may be shared by message board posters, but that's where it should stay - on messageboards discussed by fans. He's got a big mouth and lot of opinions, but he didn't do his job and he and everyone in Newark knows it.

If I was a Blue Hen fan (which obviously I'm not), I'd be a lot more concerned that my coach LAID EGGS vs. my biggest rivals in Towson and Villanova! If anyone officially associated with UD is more concern about the selection committee than their own shortcomings, I'd be very concerned.

So which "indicators did the committee use to justify their selections? Please rank them in order of importance and assign a value to each one.

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2017, 09:54 PM

Why isn't Rocco calling out Monmouth, who also lost to Albany and doesn't have a single quality win that is equal to either UNH (GSU/Elon) or Delaware (SBU)? His opinion may be shared by message board posters, but that's where it should stay on messageboards discussed by fans. He's got a big mouth and lot of opinions, but he didn't do his job and he and everyone in Newark knows it.

.....CRITERIA...STANDARDS ON WHICH A JUDGEMENT MAY BE BASED.....AWK!

.....ROCCO SQUEEZED OUT 7 W'S.....WHIFF DAVE BRAWK'S BOYS......SAME LADS WHO COODN'T GET PAST 4........UNDER DAT REGIME......BRAWK!

.....MONMOUTH AD........DIDN'T PULL CARDS FROM BOTTOM UH DECK........TA GET HIS SQWAD IN.........BAWK!

.....DIS IS 'BOUT AN AD....WHOM HAS......SHORT CHANGED MANY.....CAA TEAMS.....BRAWK!

......AN' WHILE YA DEFEND 'EM.......DON'T FO'GET YER PLAYIN' 'EM..........AWQ!

......AH'VE AIRED MAH GRIPES......IS WHAA IT IS.........NUFFIN' MO' TA SAY........DOODLE-DOO!

aceinthehole
November 19th, 2017, 09:58 PM
So which "indicators did the committee use to justify their selections? Please rank them in order of importance and assign a value to each one.

You don't get it either. I'm not on the committee, that's their job.

Again, I find it hilarious that we have everyone on this board (except UNH fans), stating for a FACT that one specific 7-4 team didn't "deserve" to make the playoffs. However, another 7-4 team from the same conference is objectively the correct selection. Anyone see the irony in this argument?

The margin and difference between UNH and UD was close. What separated the two is probably different for each and every committee member.

How can anyone on the outside of that room state with such certainty that UNH got in because of the influence of their AD? I have no doubt the 14-year streak rubs some fans the wrong way, but that argument sounds more like a conspiracy theory than a factual argument.

----

"This is an injustice!" Really? This is not only an absurd quote by Rocco it is immature.

On the other hand, UD senior and team captain Brody Kern had a much more measured, yet equally disappointed quote - "It's our own fault for putting it in the hands of the committee." Good to see UD has first class student athletes; too bad their coach couldn't learn a lesson from this kid. Wish him well in his future endeavors, I have no doubt he will be successful in life after graduation.

kalm
November 19th, 2017, 10:06 PM
You don't get it either. I'm not on the committee, that's their job.

Again, I find it hilarious that we have everyone on this board (except UNH fans), stating for a FACT that one specific 7-4 team didn't "deserve" to make the playoffs. However, another 7-4 team from the same conference is objectively the correct selection. Anyone see the irony in this argument?

The margin and difference between UNH and UD was close. What separated the two is probably different for each and every committee member.

How can anyone on the outside of that room state with such certainty that UNH got in because of the influence of their AD? I have no doubt the 14-year streak rubs some fans the wrong way, but that argument sounds more like a conspiracy theory than a factual argument.

----

"This is an injustice!" Really? This is not only an absurd quote by Rocco it is immature.

On the other hand, UD senior and team captain Brody Kern had a much more measured, yet equally disappointed quote - "It's our own fault for putting it in the hands of the committee." Good to see UD has first class student athletes; too bad their coach couldn't learn a lesson from this kid. Wish him well in his future endeavors, I have no doubt he will be successful in life after graduation.

What don't I get? I asked you a very specific question. You may not be a committee member but you sound like one with your evasion of an honest question. The answers should be readily available.

aceinthehole
November 19th, 2017, 10:18 PM
What don't I get? I asked you a very specific question. You may not be a committee member but you sound like one with your evasion of an honest question. The answers should be readily available.

My opinion is simple.

GSU/Elon wins > SBU win
SBU/HC/UA losses = JMU/Towson/Nova losses

You may not like, Hen fans may not like it, but it really doesn't matter - what the committee thinks is all that matters.

Anyway, this thread isn't about the difference of opinion we all have when comparing 2 teams (or 3 for that matter if you want to include EWU) for the playoffs. This thread is in response to:

An absurd suggestion of a conspiracy regarding an Athletic Director and potential collusion by the committee members, and
Inappropriate and immature quotes by the UD head coach.

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2017, 10:24 PM
Said no one not associated with UNH football ever.

He's being honest and has the data points on his side. Why do you hate honesty and facts?

He should be embarrassed. This guy gets it:

“It’s our own fault for putting it in the hands of the committee,” Delaware senior center and captain Brody Kern said. “It’s kind of frustrating. After yesterday, we kind of thought the season was done. Seeing New Hampshire lost kind of brought hope. Now to come in and get let down again ...”

aceinthehole
November 19th, 2017, 10:38 PM
He should be embarrassed. This guy gets it:

Yes, exactly my point!

The student is describing his disappointment by using words that show accountability and responsibility for his team's performance. On the other hand, the head coach is venting his frustration by blaming others and avoiding any culpability for his own shortcomings. He is not someone I would want coaching young men at my university.

We should all hold up the player as an exemplary example for other student athletes. He is showing leadership and is serving as a role model for his fellow teammates.

I'm glad Rocco isn't my coach, I wouldn't want him representing my university. And I wouldn't be surprised if he is counseled or disciplined privately by the Delaware AD. His comments were inexcusable for a head coach, period.

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 10:43 PM
Let’s not forget 2012 either, where Towson put up 70 on them in the last game then got left out in favor of them. It’s getting kinda funny at this point.

What's 'kinda funny' is you pretty much only remember how much you hate UNH. In that last game UNH went in #7 in the country and Towson was #19, you gonna flip them due to one game because you hate UNH? UNH finished 8-3 and Towson finished 7-4 both had two conference losses. Four teams finished with the top record for the conference championship because Old Dominion wasn't eligable, UNH, Villanova, Richmond and Towson. UNH lost to Towson and Old Dominion, Villanova lost to Towson and Richmond, Richmond lost to UNH and Old Dominion and Towson lost to JMU and Old Dominion UNH finished the regular season #13, Villanova #15, Towson #17 and Richmond #18. Old Dominion, UNH and Villanova made the playoffs. But hey in all that fog you think it was UNH that clearly ripped off Towson....got it.

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2017, 10:50 PM
This has the makings of a Twilight Zone paradox. I'm calling it now, UNH beats Cent Ark.

they might not get the chance

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2017, 10:58 PM

I say we lobby hard to fix the selection guidelines so that it’s seeded 1-16 without the regionalization and we don’t have to hear this every year

I hear it snows a lot up in New Hampshire..... which creates snowflakes.... leaving the board because of a debate.... weak

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 11:02 PM
My opinion is simple.

GSU/Elon wins > SBU win
SBU/HC/UA losses = JMU/Towson/Nova losses

You may not like, Hen fans may not like it, but it really doesn't matter - what the committee thinks is all that matters.

Anyway, this thread isn't about the difference of opinion we all have when comparing 2 teams (or 3 for that matter if you want to include EWU) for the playoffs. This thread is in response to:

An absurd suggestion of a conspiracy regarding an Athletic Director and potential collusion by the committee members, and
Inappropriate and immature quotes by the UD head coach.

1. I'd hold off on calling conspiracy theories absurd when just today you called me ignorant because I didn't buy that the committee is using regionalization as justification for picking at larges.

2. Damn right, Rocco has a reason to question the committee's inclusion of UNH and exclusion of Delaware. I couldn't give two cents about either program, but by every metric Delaware looks more deserving.

3. Now onto your opinion. Throw JMU out. They both lost. Delaware beat Stony Brook. UNH lost. Delaware beat Albany. UNH lost. UNH beat Towson. Delaware lost. 2-1. Now add a horrible loss to Holy Cross and, no, an FBS win against GSU who just recently got their first win of the season doesn't erase that. It's not that impressive. Delaware wins the SOS schedule argument. Every computer ranking has them higher. The SRS has them higher. Literally anyway you want to slice this Delaware is the more deserving team.

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2017, 11:02 PM
Well maybe your criteria, but clearly that wasn't the committee's opinion.

which is exactly the problem

aceinthehole
November 19th, 2017, 11:19 PM
1. I'd hold off on calling conspiracy theories absurd when just today you called me ignorant because I didn't buy that the committee is using regionalization as justification for picking at larges.

2. Damn right, Rocco has a reason to question the committee's inclusion of UNH and exclusion of Delaware. I couldn't give two cents about either program, but by every metric Delaware looks more deserving.

3. Now onto your opinion. Throw JMU out. They both lost. Delaware beat Stony Brook. UNH lost. Delaware beat Albany. UNH lost. UNH beat Towson. Delaware lost. 2-1. Now add a horrible loss to Holy Cross and, no, an FBS win against GSU who just recently got their first win of the season doesn't erase that. It's not that impressive. Delaware wins the SOS schedule argument. Every computer ranking has them higher. The SRS has them higher. Literally anyway you want to slice this Delaware is the more deserving team.

1. Literally, the first response to my regionalization post was you calling me ignorant; only then I responded in kind. And yes, I think it is a "conspiracy theory" to suggest undue influence by an AD and collusion by the entire committee for 14 years without any evidence. We aren't going to agree on this issue, so let's just move on.

REgionalization has no bearing on at large selections and if you believe that it's just your own ignorance of the actual process.

2. Yes, I think Rocco is a tool. If you think any FCS head coach should make those comments to the media, then we simply have different standards and expectations for a head coach. Again, we aren't going to agree, so let's move on.

3. Finally, I can't follow your logic, but it really doesn't matter - it is only your opinion and analysis, not a fact or formula applied consistently to all teams. Again, we not ever going to agree on the analysis, so let's just move on.

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 11:48 PM
1. Literally, the first response to my regionalization post was you calling me ignorant; only then I responded in kind. And yes, I think it is a "conspiracy theory" to suggest undue influence by an AD and collusion by the entire committee for 14 years without any evidence. We aren't going to agree on this issue, so let's just move on.

2. Yes, I think Rocco is a tool. If you think any FCS head coach should make those comments to the media, then we simply have different standards and expectations for a head coach. Again, we aren't going to agree, so let's move on.

3. Finally, I can't follow your logic, but it really doesn't matter - it is only your opinion and analysis, not a fact or formula applied consistently to all teams. Again, we not ever going to agree on the analysis, so let's just move on.

Here's my response to your regionalization influencing at larges selection theory. Care to answer?:

Ok, maybe you can help my ignorance because this is always a popular opinion here. Why are a bunch of ADs of FCS schools going to add extra regionalization criteria into their at large selections beyond what the NCAA guidelines? They don't get a bonus. Their teams or conferences aren't going to get a check if it makes an extra buck.

So please help me understand their motivation here?

-----------------------------

1. There is getting to be a very consistent trend of New Hampshire sneaking into the playoffs every single year. It's odd to say the least.

2. Why can't Rocco question some of the committee's rational when we've got multiple posters from around the country that are noticing the same stuff that isn't adding up? It's not like he threw a fit about it. He made a couple comments that I absolutely agree with him on.

3. Not much I can do with I can't follow your logic. Everything I posted in my third point was in fact, mostly just facts. Go re-read it. Or move on, that might be your best option cuz your argument UNH is more deserving just like the committee's doesn't hold water.

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2017, 06:49 AM
If it comes down to just UNH and UD, the committee probably determined that GSU and Elon wins were better than the SBU win. They probably threw out the losses due to the records being the same. Again, had one of these teams won yesterday, we don't even compare computer rankings.

Now, a lot of folks want to throw in some more metrics to help argue for Delaware, and that's fine, but I already found a metric that tilts in UNH's favor in the committees eyes (ELON and GSU is greater than SBU). There is no right answer to this, and we can argue all day about cancelling out losses and what not, but I think that's the one metric the committee based their decision on.

As for Rocco, he can say whatever he feels. I do think the player had a much better response as well.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2017, 07:00 AM
I think Rocco had to say something. I think he had to stand up for his team. I just think he could’ve done it in a manner that would be a lot less whiny than what he said.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2017, 07:00 AM
Apparently Rocco feels has been screwed by the committee before, not sure of the history though but you can bet ole syrup breath was involved

Again, Delaware fans all know we blew it at Nova, but For the committees Li'l darlings to make it is just comical

I would of been for sending McNeese State over both, let's see that D in the playoffs

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2017, 07:07 AM
If it comes down to just UNH and UD, the committee probably determined that GSU and Elon wins were better than the SBU win. They probably threw out the losses due to the records being the same. Again, had one of these teams won yesterday, we don't even compare computer rankings.

This logic makes zero sense. They threw out losses because the records were the same? How convenient for the team with the worst bad loss of anyone on the bubble. Why didn't they throw out wins because the records were the same? You're just grasping at this point.

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2017, 07:10 AM
What's 'kinda funny' is you pretty much only remember how much you hate UNH. In that last game UNH went in #7 in the country and Towson was #19, you gonna flip them due to one game because you hate UNH? UNH finished 8-3 and Towson finished 7-4 both had two conference losses. Four teams finished with the top record for the conference championship because Old Dominion wasn't eligable, UNH, Villanova, Richmond and Towson. UNH lost to Towson and Old Dominion, Villanova lost to Towson and Richmond, Richmond lost to UNH and Old Dominion and Towson lost to JMU and Old Dominion UNH finished the regular season #13, Villanova #15, Towson #17 and Richmond #18. Old Dominion, UNH and Villanova made the playoffs. But hey in all that fog you think it was UNH that clearly ripped off Towson....got it.

i don’t hate UNH. Respect their program immensely. For whatever reason 2012 sticks out to me like this year. Probably because my team was 10-1 then and I was looking for reasons to be pissed. Best of luck in the playoffs.

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2017, 07:12 AM
This logic makes zero sense. They threw out losses because the records were the same? How convenient for the team with the worst bad loss of anyone on the bubble. Why didn't they throw out wins because the records were the same? You're just grasping at this point.

It could be argued that losing to Towson and Villanova are just as bad. They both had bad losses, it was that little tiny bit extra in the FBS win that probably tipped it. I'm not grasping at this point. i honestly think it was 50/50 between the two.

I think EWU had a better case than both, maybe even McNeese

mainejeff
November 20th, 2017, 07:19 AM
I have one question for Delaware fans....how the F can you get trounced by a horrible Villanova team 28-7 in your final game of the season with a playoff spot on the line and then whine that you are not in the playoffs???

If UNH had not got in.....I doubt that UNH fans would be whining considering that they lost in a similar fashion in their final game as well.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2017, 07:20 AM
It could be argued that losing to Towson and Villanova are just as bad. They both had bad losses, it was that little tiny bit extra in the FBS win that probably tipped it. I'm not grasping at this point. i honestly think it was 50/50 between the two.

I think EWU had a better case than both, maybe even McNeese
It could be argued but it would be a losing argument IMO. It also could be argued that Delaware beating Richmond and Stony Brook are just as impressive as UNH beating Elon and Georgia Southern.

Honestly, UNH over Delaware doesn't bother me as much as UNH over USD (since USD was in the last two in and UNH was not).

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2017, 07:30 AM
I have one question for Delaware fans....how the F can you get trounced by a horrible Villanova team 28-7 in your final game of the season with a playoff spot on the line and then whine that you are not in the playoffs???

If UNH had not got in.....I doubt that UNH fans would be whining considering that they lost in a similar fashion in their final game as well.

Delaware fans are whining about New Hampshire being in, we all get that we don't really belong after what happened at Nova

read closer

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2017, 07:39 AM
It could be argued but it would be a losing argument IMO. It also could be argued that Delaware beating Richmond and Stony Brook are just as impressive as UNH beating Elon and Georgia Southern.

Honestly, UNH over Delaware doesn't bother me as much as UNH over USD (since USD was in the last two in and UNH was not).

All we are saying is its an argument, you see it one way, we see it another. There isn't a computer that just picks based on extreme calculation. Its done with humans and judgement. It could have gone either way. Had UD gotten in over us I don't think we would have started threads about how illogical it is or how much of an injustice it is. It really isn't.

I also agree with you on the USD thing, I think the committee got that wrong too. I'm only arguing that UNH over UD isn't illogical, and not a conspiracy theory.

Gangtackle11
November 20th, 2017, 07:42 AM

That horrible Villanova team beat Maine 31-0. Easy big boy. 5-6 for Maine is a typical season lately. Nova will be back the playoff hunt next season. Don’t sleep on Nova. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 20th, 2017, 07:51 AM
All we are saying is its an argument, you see it one way, we see it another. There isn't a computer that just picks based on extreme calculation. Its done with humans and judgement. It could have gone either way. Had UD gotten in over us I don't think we would have started threads about how illogical it is or how much of an injustice it is. It really isn't.

I also agree with you on the USD thing, I think the committee got that wrong too. I'm only arguing that UNH over UD isn't illogical, and not a conspiracy theory.

Looking at it from a fan w/o a dog in the hunt this season. It’s just a little smelly that UNH gets the nod last season over Albany & now. More than likely it has no bearing on the playoffs as pointed out by previous posters.

The CAA really is this year’s version of Paul McCartney & Wings (credits to carribHen) with JMU and the rest of us. SB & Elon had exceptional seasons, but neither would haunt the rest of the CAA most Saturdays. We are very similar to the MVFC now where NDSU dominates most seasons.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Looking at it from a fan w/o a dog in the hunt this season. It’s just a little smelly that UNH gets the nod last season over Albany & now. More than likely it has no bearing on the playoffs as pointed out by previous posters.

The CAA really is this year’s version of Paul McCartney & Wings (credits to carribHen) with JMU and the rest of us. SB & Elon had exceptional seasons, but neither would haunt the rest of the CAA most Saturdays. We are very similar to the MVFC now where NDSU dominates most seasons.

you can ""Listen to what the Man said" above

bluehenbillk
November 20th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Delaware doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Daddy (Villanova) schooled the Hens again on Saturday punching them square in the mouth with a 1st quarter TKO. I don't think UNH should've been in, but when you have a 24 team tournament sometimes there are going to be filler teams. You just can't say well there are only 20 good teams this year so we're going to condense the bracket....

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2017, 08:50 AM
For the record, I don't actually think Delaware fans are trying to argue that they belong in the field, so I really direct this toward those that believe Rocco's statement actually has credence over the Delaware fans, who've been pretty reasonable about their chances this year.

In Delaware's favor, they had a better SRS and a better shared opponents performance. UNH had a win over an FBS opponent. But I think if you actually look at the schedules and wins, it's not hard to see why UNH was the better choice. Remove JMU, Maine and William and Mary from both schedules. Both teams played them to the same result. That leaves the following outcomes:

UNH -- Georgia Southern [W], Holy Cross [L], URI [W], Bryant [W], Stony Brook [L], Towson [W], Elon [W], Albany [L]
Delaware -- Virginia Tech [L], Delaware State [W], Cornell [W], Stony Brook [W], Richmond [W], Towson [L], Albany [W], Villanova [L]

IMO if I were to rank those wins, I'd have Delaware 1, UNH 2, UNH 3, Delaware 4, UNH 5. I think if you just look at the non-common opponents, UNH has two better wins in Non-Conference than Delaware does, and I think that is a GASP Statistical Reason why UNH was selected for the field. The Towson, Villanova, Albany and Holy Cross losses all suck. UNH's loss to Holy Cross is the worst. But I think if you're searching for any reason why UNH may have gotten in, UNH beat an FBS team and a 6-5 Bryant team while Delaware faced and beat two Doormats.

As a UNH fan, if you told me Delaware got in and we didn't, I'm not sure I'd have a problem with it. I don't think there's any problem with the reverse either, except that this board is regularly ready to jump down throats anytime UNH catches a break.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2017, 09:17 AM
For the record, I don't actually think Delaware fans are trying to argue that they belong in the field, so I really direct this toward those that believe Rocco's statement actually has credence over the Delaware fans, who've been pretty reasonable about their chances this year.

In Delaware's favor, they had a better SRS and a better shared opponents performance. UNH had a win over an FBS opponent. But I think if you actually look at the schedules and wins, it's not hard to see why UNH was the better choice. Remove JMU, Maine and William and Mary from both schedules. Both teams played them to the same result. That leaves the following outcomes:

UNH -- Georgia Southern [W], Holy Cross [L], URI [W], Bryant [W], Stony Brook [L], Towson [W], Elon [W], Albany [L]
Delaware -- Virginia Tech [L], Delaware State [W], Cornell [W], Stony Brook [W], Richmond [W], Towson [L], Albany [W], Villanova [L]

IMO if I were to rank those wins, I'd have Delaware 1, UNH 2, UNH 3, Delaware 4, UNH 5. I think if you just look at the non-common opponents, UNH has two better wins in Non-Conference than Delaware does, and I think that is a GASP Statistical Reason why UNH was selected for the field. The Towson, Villanova, Albany and Holy Cross losses all suck. UNH's loss to Holy Cross is the worst. But I think if you're searching for any reason why UNH may have gotten in, UNH beat an FBS team and a 6-5 Bryant team while Delaware faced and beat two Doormats.

As a UNH fan, if you told me Delaware got in and we didn't, I'm not sure I'd have a problem with it. I don't think there's any problem with the reverse either, except that this board is regularly ready to jump down throats anytime UNH catches a break.

fair post

nothing wrong with catching a break or two but when the breaks start becoming the norm......

Mr. C
November 20th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Delaware did not deserve a playoff bid after the loss to Villanova with a 7-4 record. There were many more deserving teams out there. New Hampshire getting in again is a replay of the 2013 bracket, where the Wildcats lost badly on the last day of the regular season and beat out the Towson team they gave up 64 points against at home that day.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Delaware did not deserve a playoff bid after the loss to Villanova with a 7-4 record. There were many more deserving teams out there. New Hampshire getting in again is a replay of the 2013 bracket, where the Wildcats lost badly on the last day of the regular season and beat out the Towson team they gave up 64 points against at home that day.
That was 2012. Although the difference that year is UNH, even with that loss, finished 8-3 and Towson was 7-4.

Towson also scheduled, and lost, two FBS games OOC that year. Hmmm.....

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2017, 10:30 AM

Had to come back to make that point again while ignoring the additional win? Is it 2012 again?

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2017, 10:31 AM

And again, who is "more deserving"? There is limited difference in the candidates, and UD/UNH had better wins than almost all of them. The nonsense about Austin Peay in particular is absurd. They had zero good wins. I don't even know why they're ahead of McNeese, since it's a better conference in the SLC. AND WHY IS MONMOUTH GETTING A PASS?

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2017, 10:48 AM
And again, who is "more deserving"? There is limited difference in the candidates, and UD/UNH had better wins than almost all of them. The nonsense about Austin Peay in particular is absurd. They had zero good wins. I don't even know why they're ahead of McNeese, since it's a better conference in the SLC. AND WHY IS MONMOUTH GETTING A PASS?
You didn't even mention Nicholls who, according to the AGS consensus, was the least deserving at-large team in the field.

It really seemed like the committee was throwing darts for a few different bubble spots this year.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2017, 11:57 AM
You didn't even mention Nicholls who, according to the AGS consensus, was the least deserving at-large team in the field.

It really seemed like the committee was throwing darts for a few different bubble spots this year.

I think you could argue (though I wouldn't) that beating McNeese is the next best win? If it were me, Nicholls and Monmouth are out, Delaware and Eastern are in. Montana would also be ahead of both of those teams for me.

For me last 2 in should have been Monmouth and Nicholls, and should have been replaced with Delaware and Eastern. Montana is first team out, Nicholls second. That's rewarding the teams with the best wins, not the teams with the most wins. Weird they took a stance on McNeese but not Monmouth, too..that just makes no sense.

HensRock
November 20th, 2017, 11:57 AM

You're right. He does. and I don't like it.
But I think folks are trying to compare UNH to Delaware. That's NOT the issue
Folks should be comparing UNH to EWU, Montana, and McNeese..

I'd rather be out of the playoffs with honor than to be in it - propping up some artificial streak record - while other more deserving teams are home - and again - I DON'T mean Delaware.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Also worth adding that I really don't feel like South Dakota belonged in the field. If you're going to keep a 7-4 Youngstown State out a few years ago for losing their final 3, you can't let South Dakota in for losing their final three and four of five. I understand that there really probably wasn't a better alternative, and they played competitive in two of those three losses, but bleh.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2017, 12:00 PM
You're right. He does.
But instead of comparing UNH to Delaware, compare UNH to EWU, or Montana, or McNeese....
Shameful.

I'd rather be out of the playoffs with honor than to be in it - propping up some artificial streak record - while other more deserving teams are home - and I DON'T mean Delaware.

Well, that's easy. UNH has better wins than all three of those teams. It's the only team of that group with an FBS win and the only team in that group with a win over a playoff team. McNeese isn't even in the conversation with zero quality wins. Eastern should've been in the field over Monmouth. Montana had a win over NAU and may have deserved it over them, but the Big Sky wasn't a five team league.

HensRock
November 20th, 2017, 12:04 PM
and teh CAA was not a 4-team league. Not THIS year.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2017, 12:46 PM
I think you could argue (though I wouldn't) that beating McNeese is the next best win? If it were me, Nicholls and Monmouth are out, Delaware and Eastern are in. Montana would also be ahead of both of those teams for me.

For me last 2 in should have been Monmouth and Nicholls, and should have been replaced with Delaware and Eastern. Montana is first team out, Nicholls second. That's rewarding the teams with the best wins, not the teams with the most wins. Weird they took a stance on McNeese but not Monmouth, too..that just makes no sense.
I would've been much better with that (Delaware and EWU in and Monmouth and Nicholls out) but I still think McNeese got the shaft. I mean they had a better record in the same league as Nicholls including beating SELA by 2 scores the week before SELA beat Nicholls in what seemed to be a "win or go home" type game for Nicholls. I realize Nicholls had the head-to-head win but it was by 2 points in week 1 at Nicholls. That, to me, isn't convincing enough to put Nicholls over McNeese given the other things I mentioned. Maybe I'm just biased because I watched the 2nd half of that Nicholls/SELA game and SELA's offense and special teams tried like hell to give Nicholls that game in the 4th quarter but they just wouldn't take it.

And there's Monmouth like you said... another very similar team that could/should have been slotted behind McNeese.

Redbird 4th & short
November 20th, 2017, 06:36 PM

USD clearly has better resume than UNH. Nicholls St at large bid is a complete mystery .. .makes less sense than UNH. Maybe Scarano cut a deal with Southland to give them a 3rd team in exchange for UNH vote. Obviously, I'm just throwing darts when I say this .. but Nicholls St is the worst pick by far .. they couldn't even put away bad teams. They have 1 ok win (McNeese St is top 30 or so, but not playoff team) and then a quality loss against TX A&M ... nothing else notable and 4 weak wins, and a weak loss to SELA. There are 7 MVFC teams more worthy than Nicholls St.

Monmouth is also bad pick, no good wins .. but at least they put away most of the bad teams they played .. which was a sh-t ton of bad teams. But Nicholls St couldn't even out away most bad teams. 6-5 ISUr and YSU both deserved bids over Nicholls St and Monmouth, and probably 7-4 UNH.

Redbird 4th & short
November 20th, 2017, 06:47 PM
South Dakota and UNH I'm pissed about for both EWU and Sac State. The Hornets won 5 of their last 6 and USD lost 4 of their last 5 and had a worse conf record than SAC. Where I feel for EWU is they had the better SRS over UNH and the Wildcats got curb stomped by Albany. ALBANY!

What a joke!

USD has better 7-4 resume than both EWU and Sac St. They played 4 very good teams in last 5 weeks. EWU and Sac St would have lost 4 of 5 if they had played same schedule .. NDSU, SDSU, UNI, ISUr (Dr Jekyl version).

Only reason we didn't make playoffs was mid season losses to NAU and SIU, and Q3 implosion against a very tough WIU .. otherwise, for 9 of 11 games, we played at top 10 level. But accept the fact that we got no playoff bid at 6-5

UNHWildcat18
November 20th, 2017, 07:25 PM

What a joke!

Albany 4-7 lost two games in OT, lost another two games by a total of 8 points, only bad losses were against UD and URI, this team could have easily been 7-4 . Also if you watched the game, they didn't "curb stomp us". Don't get me wrong I feel for you, its tough not making it after playing so well at the end of the season, big sky didn't have a good showing last year in the playoffs besides EWU though so I can see why they wouldn't give you more than 3 bids.

Redbird 4th & short
November 21st, 2017, 08:31 AM

I agree .. neither Monmouth or Nicholls St deserved bid. And idea that Austin Peay was one of last teams not selected is also ridiculous.

None of that changes fact that UNH did not deserve a bid either. And is indisputable that DE had better season .. same record, but played clearly tougher SOS (20th versus 38th) and beat them by larger margins (8 vs 2).

UNH Scarano has done this before and must be kicked from this committee.

Delaware coach should look hard at how Nicholls St got it in .. worst pick since EKU bribed their way into 2011 playoff out of nowhere in 2011 over ISUr .. defies all logic. Committee said they look at quality wins and quality losses .. Nicholls St was not even close. 1 quality loss (TX AM) 1 quality win (McNeese St), 1 bad loss, 4 bad wins .. and just 1 win against team with winning record while playing against a very weak SOS ... just plain strange.

If I'm Delaware .. they need to look hard at the Southland/Nicholls St and Holy Cross AD situations .. was there a quid pro quo deal. Too many people on that committee for too long .. relationships/alliances are bound to form .. wink, nod, done.

Mattymc727
November 21st, 2017, 09:05 AM
I agree .. neither Monmouth or Nicholls St deserved bid. And idea that Austin Peay was one of last teams not selected is also ridiculous.

None of that changes fact that UNH did not deserve a bid either. And is indisputable that DE had better season .. same record, but played clearly tougher SOS (20th versus 38th) and beat them by larger margins (8 vs 2).

UNH Scarano has done this before and must be kicked from this committee.

Delaware coach should look hard at how Nicholls St got it in .. worst pick since EKU bribed their way into 2011 playoff out of nowhere in 2011 over ISUr .. defies all logic. Committee said they look at quality wins and quality losses .. Nicholls St was not even close. 1 quality loss (TX AM) 1 quality win (McNeese St), 1 bad loss, 4 bad wins .. and just 1 win against team with winning record while playing against a very weak SOS ... just plain strange.

If I'm Delaware .. they need to look hard at the Southland/Nicholls St and Holy Cross AD situations .. was there a quid pro quo deal. Too many people on that committee for too long .. relationships/alliances are bound to form .. wink, nod, done.

Orrrr, they were just a group of normal humans trying to do the best they could with what they had (very difficult and terrible bubble selection), maybe a few mistakes (nothing extraordinary), which defers from your opinion. Why do we have to assume fraud?

Redbird 4th & short
November 21st, 2017, 09:14 AM
Orrrr, they were just a group of normal humans trying to do the best they could with what they had (very difficult and terrible bubble selection), maybe a few mistakes (nothing extraordinary), which defers from your opinion. Why do we have to assume fraud?

it has happened multiple times to UNH's advantage.

Mattymc727
November 21st, 2017, 09:18 AM
it has happened multiple times to UNH's advantage.

If you flip a coin 5 straight times, is it possible to get 5 straight tails? Each playoff is different, and ech of UNH's inclusions can be fairly explained as has been done ad nauseam. Its not like a 7-4 UNH team was given the 5th seed or a 2-8 UNH team made the playoffs.

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2017, 09:23 AM
As proven earlier, look at Delaware's non-conference performance and UNH's FBS win if you want actual statistical reasons UNH got in ahead of them. Or, you know, just agree with Rocco if that's the easier narrative.

kalm
November 21st, 2017, 09:37 AM

That makes sense if they follow their own public statements and SRS and are transparent about the process, justifying their picks with reason. They didn't.

kalm
November 21st, 2017, 09:39 AM
If you flip a coin 5 straight times, is it possible to get 5 straight tails? Each playoff is different, and ech of UNH's inclusions can be fairly explained as has been done ad nauseam. Its not like a 7-4 UNH team was given the 5th seed or a 2-8 UNH team made the playoffs.

So this years FBS win against GS was good enough but last years' Albany win against Buffalo, same record, and H2H victory over UNH was not?

That coin settled on its edge apparently.

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2017, 09:39 AM
That makes sense if they follow their own public statements and SRS and are transparent about the process, justifying their picks with reason. They didn't.

Yeah, instead they chose UNH because the commissioner literally said they had an FBS win and that went a long way. They also said their non-conference wins were simply better. But ignore that.

Confusingly though, the commisioner also said the Elon win was better than the SBU win because Elon was higher at the time, which makes no sense.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2017, 09:44 AM
So this years FBS win against GS was good enough but last years' Albany win against Buffalo, same record, and H2H victory over UNH was not?

this is the issue, the coin that's being used by the committee, nothing wrong with getting a few breaks but after a while someone might want to take a closer look at the coin they are using to determine who going

kalm
November 21st, 2017, 09:50 AM
Yeah, instead they chose UNH because the commissioner literally said they had an FBS win and that went a long way. They also said their non-conference wins were simply better. But ignore that.

Confusingly though, the commisioner also said the Elon win was better than the SBU win because Elon was higher at the time, which makes no sense.

According to the committee's own statements, FBS losses don't hurt. FBS wins help by a degree of 1.75 - which in itself is flawed because it places the same value on a win over Georgia Southern vs a win over Alabama. The same is true on assigning values to FCS wins. I'm sure you've looked at the two OOC schedule results. There's really not much difference. Defining the difference by the FBS win is illogical especially when you consider the bad loss to HC.

Then, as I mentioned in the other post reconcile this logic with last year's Albany snub.

tu_fan
November 21st, 2017, 09:52 AM
So glad that someone started this thread.

I'm a Towson fan that happens to live in Richmond and was livid back in 2012 when we MAULED UNH 64-36, at their house, on the last week of the season. We put up 700 yards on UNH. We finished 7-4, but had two FBS losses (LSU, who we put up more rushing yards on them than anyone else had this year, and a 10-1 Kent St team). Yet 8-3 UNH got in.

Marty's job as i understand it is to represent the CAA, not UNH. UNH was clearly the 3rd best bubble team that year. If you wanted the best CAA team why would you take the team that just got smoked by 32 points at home. Towson would have done damage in that tournament and instead we got UNH.

U of R, under Rocco was pissed, and Lehigh, who went 10-1 was also hot. There was no rational reason to select UNH that year. And yet year in and year out UNH ALWAYS gets in. Again, represent the interests of the CAA, not your specific school. I think UNH and UD should have been out this year - there were some great schools down South & out West that got the shaft again this year as UNH gets in (and gets a home game, an easy draw, etc).

Thank you Rocco for calling this out. It's not whining, it's fact. There is no way your 14 year playoff streak would be intact if unbiased decisions were made. Hope Marty is removed ASAP.

I don't post here often, but was tempted to put a posting out ahead of the selection committee's decision to call out, at least to me, that UNH would be in AGAIN, due to committee bias.

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2017, 09:56 AM
According to the committee's own statements, FBS losses don't hurt. FBS wins help by a degree of 1.75 - which in itself is flawed because it places the same value on a win over Georgia Southern vs a win over Alabama. The same is true on assigning values to FCS wins. I'm sure you've looked at the two OOC schedule results. There's really not much difference. Defining the difference by the FBS win is illogical especially when you consider the bad loss to HC.

Then, as I mentioned in the other post reconcile this logic with last year's Albany snub.

Albany was snubbed last year, but it had nothing to do with UNH. There were worse teams that got in. But continue to ignore that Albany finished 2 games behind UNH in the same conference.

And Bryant (3rd in the NEC) and an FBS win scorches Delaware's OOC performance, nevermind that their SOS is boosted because they played and lost to a good FBS team.

kalm
November 21st, 2017, 10:17 AM
Albany was snubbed last year, but it had nothing to do with UNH. There were worse teams that got in. But continue to ignore that Albany finished 2 games behind UNH in the same conference.

And Bryant (3rd in the NEC) and an FBS win scorches Delaware's OOC performance, nevermind that their SOS is boosted because they played and lost to a good FBS team.

"Scorches"?

Lmao!

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2017, 10:20 AM

Lesson learned, don't schedule top #25 FBS teams but do schedule an FBS that about 30 to 40 FCS teams would of beat if not more, I get it.

Again, Delaware got what they deserved and UNH is the little darlin

dwtime
November 21st, 2017, 11:14 AM

In 2016 UNH finished #3 in the conference (6-2 conference record) ranked #17, Albany finished #6 in the conference (4-4 conference record) unranked. That was a dumb argument last year and its still dumb.

dwtime
November 21st, 2017, 11:18 AM
Lesson learned, don't schedule top #25 FBS teams but do schedule an FBS that about 30 to 40 FCS teams would of beat if not more, I get it.

Again, Delaware got what they deserved and UNH is the little darlin

Yeah really because scheduling Delaware St. and Cornell should put you at the top of the guest list right? xrolleyesx

kalm
November 21st, 2017, 11:43 AM
In 2016 UNH finished #3 in the conference (6-2 conference record) ranked #17, Albany finished #6 in the conference (4-4 conference record) unranked. That was a dumb argument last year and its still dumb.

Conference affiliation "supposedly"
has nothing to do with it according to past comments by the committee.

Did they play the same comference teams? Did the losses occur early or late? Injuries?

It's really not that hard to keep up with this stuff.

Coffee.

dwtime
November 21st, 2017, 12:50 PM
Conference affiliation "supposedly"
has nothing to do with it according to past comments by the committee.

Did they play the same comference teams? Did the losses occur early or late? Injuries?

It's really not that hard to keep up with this stuff.

Coffee.

Then why does UNI have a higher 'at large' ranking than Western Illinois? Western finished 8-3, UNI finished 7-4 and lost to Western. Oh wait, UNI had a 6-2 conference record and Western had a 5-3 conference record...................I know, I'm just 'too' logical.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2017, 12:51 PM
Yeah really because scheduling Delaware St. and Cornell should put you at the top of the guest list right? xrolleyesx

........OURAH SKED.....WAS TOUGHER.........HAD YOUSE....TOOK DUH TIME TA LOOK IT UP.......MAYBEAH.....YOU WOODAH HIT DELETE...B/4 MANY CAUGHT YER MISTAKE.......AWK!

dwtime
November 21st, 2017, 01:16 PM
........OURAH SKED.....WAS TOUGHER.........HAD YOUSE....TOOK DUH TIME TA LOOK IT UP.......MAYBEAH.....YOU WOODAH HIT DELETE...B/4 MANY CAUGHT YER MISTAKE.......AWK!

Out of conference wins: GSU and Bryant > (much greater than) Delaware St. and Cornell all day long. So you think because you got a better OOC loss you should get in? "So selection committee what is your criteria for picking who is in and who is out?" "Well we only look at what team has the better out of conference loses and that would be Delaware over UNH, so Delaware gets in." got it. And don't forget you had the luxury of having 6 home games and only won 7 total. But your SKED was tougher sure thing.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2017, 01:29 PM
Out of conference wins: GSU and Bryant > (much greater than) Delaware St. and Cornell all day long. So you think because you got a better OOC loss you should get in? "So selection committee what is your criteria for picking who is in and who is out?" "Well we only look at what team has the better out of conference loses and that would be Delaware over UNH, so Delaware gets in." got it. And don't forget you had the luxury of having 6 home games and only won 7 total. But your SKED was tougher sure thing.

.....LOOK IT UP........PEOPLE....SMARTER DAN ME....SAY SO.....xnodx....BRAWK!

...YOU HAD EASIER SKED.....OWN-LAH WON SEVEN...AWK!

JSUBison
November 21st, 2017, 01:30 PM
People losing sight of the big picture here. This isn't about UNH vs Delaware, because even if Delaware won and UNH lost, UNH was still getting in. Just would have meant South Dakota, Monmouth or Nicholls would be at staying home.

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2017, 01:32 PM
People losing sight of the big picture here. This isn't about UNH vs Delaware, because even if Delaware won and UNH lost, UNH was still getting in. Just would have meant South Dakota, Monmouth or Nicholls would be at staying home.

Yes; they would have been in over both Monmouth and Nicholls since they had inferior resumes in both cases. Good point, though.

centennial
November 21st, 2017, 02:29 PM
Any more news from Delaware? Some fan mentioned that the CAA might not be happy.

aceinthehole
November 21st, 2017, 03:01 PM
Any more news from Delaware? Some fan mentioned that the CAA might not be happy.
I called that one.

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2017, 03:07 PM

I wouldn't be happy if I had a jackass coach on one of the prominent CAA teams, either.

Mattymc727
November 21st, 2017, 03:09 PM
Again, I think teams should have made it in over UNH. There is ZERO doubt the committee has screwed up and will continue to screw up. All we are trying to dispel is that somehow the UNH AD is paying money to other ADs to include UNH or some other conspiracy theory. Christ almighty this thread shouldn't exist.

Mattymc727
November 21st, 2017, 03:13 PM
More from the committee chair, should Wofford's AD be fired as well?

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2017/11/20/reasonable-doubt-fcs-committee-chairman-spells-out-why-hens-were-spurned-unh-chosen/880237001/

JayMYou
November 21st, 2017, 03:26 PM
I just don't trust Scarano, he seems way too happy in that JFK grassy knoll photo Trump released.

https://i.imgur.com/UeYIjFi.jpg

reeder
November 21st, 2017, 03:55 PM
More from the committee chair, should Wofford's AD be fired as well?

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2017/11/20/reasonable-doubt-fcs-committee-chairman-spells-out-why-hens-were-spurned-unh-chosen/880237001/

A paragraph from your linked article.
For leagues that had multiple bids, FCS selectors followed SRS rankings in choosing Missouri Valley, Southern and Big Sky conference teams for the NCAA playoffs. For the Southland, they did until opting for Nicholls State, which was 28th, over McNeese State, which was 19th. But Nicholls beat McNeese.
Among CAA schools, however, Delaware was 21st in the SRS to UNH’s 31st. Richmond (6-5) was actually ahead of UNH, too, at 25th.

centennial
November 21st, 2017, 04:47 PM
All I ask for is some freaking consistency. Either use the SRS or don't. Every 2nd year UNH gets in using a criteria that don't apply to other teams. At least for me that's why I am disappointed. Yes every year 1 maybe 2 teams get in that AGS didn't agree with, but when that team is consistently UNH people are going to start raising a stink.

We need to go to a computer model, or at the very least AD's shouldn't be involved. An unbiased committee of former players, and ex coaches. Anything is better than the system right now.

tu_fan
November 21st, 2017, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't be happy if I had a jackass coach on one of the prominent CAA teams, either.

Can't reveal the source, so take it as speculation if you like, but i have from a credible source marty will not be on the committee next year...

dwtime
November 21st, 2017, 05:42 PM
All I ask for is some freaking consistency. Either use the SRS or don't. Every 2nd year UNH gets in using a criteria that don't apply to other teams. At least for me that's why I am disappointed. Yes every year 1 maybe 2 teams get in that AGS didn't agree with, but when that team is consistently UNH people are going to start raising a stink.

We need to go to a computer model, or at the very least AD's shouldn't be involved. An unbiased committee of former players, and ex coaches. Anything is better than the system right now.

SRS is a tool, not a rule and at best a flawed tool. It ranks Richmond over UNH, in what universe do you think that Richmond accomplished more than UNH this year? They beat no one of consequence, no one.

GoBlueHens83
November 21st, 2017, 06:00 PM
Still going on about this? I'm over it already.

Good luck to UNH in the playoffs, I hope they do well.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2017, 06:39 PM
SRS is a tool, not a rule and at best a flawed tool. It ranks Richmond over UNH, in what universe do you think that Richmond accomplished more than UNH this year? They beat no one of consequence, no one.

.....YEAH....THE FLAWED TOOL USED...IN DECIPHERIN'....MULTI-BID CONFERENCES........UNTIL DEY GET TA CAA....SCRAP SRS....AN' GO WHIFF FBS WIN........HMMMMM!.........AWK!

......AH'D LIKE TA DROP IT TOO.......BUT WHEN POSTERS THROW CRAP AT....DUH WALL....HOPIN' IT'LL STICK.......COMMON SENSE......HAS TA HAVE IT'S DAY.......BRAWK!

KPSUL
November 21st, 2017, 08:51 PM
Can't reveal the source, so take it as speculation if you like, but i have from a credible source marty will not be on the committee next year...

Thank you Mr. or Ms. Anonymous New Member for the "credible" insider information.

KPSUL
November 21st, 2017, 08:55 PM
.....YEAH....THE FLAWED TOOL USED...IN DECIPHERIN'....MULTI-BID CONFERENCES........UNTIL DEY GET TA CAA....SCRAP SRS....AN' GO WHIFF FBS WIN........HMMMMM!.........AWK!

......AH'D LIKE TA DROP IT TOO.......BUT WHEN POSTERS THROW CRAP AT....DUH WALL....HOPIN' IT'LL STICK.......COMMON SENSE......HAS TA HAVE IT'S DAY.......BRAWK!

Nothing worse than a guy imitating a chicken trying to get all serious all of sudden. Go back to the funny stuff Mr, Chicken, please! this thread has run well beyond its useful life - if it ever had one.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26578&stc=1

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2017, 05:37 AM

did they use it in the other conferences or did it just happen to agree?

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2017, 06:31 AM
Nova fans don’t have much to show for the 2017 season, but knocking out the Dirty Filthy Birds was a good ending. Sorry it led to them being left home for the playoffs, but it was the only highlight to a low light season on the Main Line!

Good luck to all the CAA teams. Make us conference mates proud! xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2017, 06:35 AM
Nothing worse than a guy imitating a chicken trying to get all serious all of sudden. Go back to the funny stuff Mr, Chicken, please! this thread has run well beyond its useful life - if it ever had one.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26578&stc=1

.....GETTIN' "HAMPSHIRED".......SUCKS DUH LEVITY......RIGHT OUTTAH YER MARROW........EZ....FO' YOUSE 'CATS.......YER ON DUH SUNNY SIDE.....xsighx.....BAWK!

....DEY'RE THREADS ON DIS BOARD....WHIFF 100+ PAGES UH WHINE....xsighx....AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2017, 06:38 AM

.....IT'S IN POST....#177.......T'WAS DUH COMMITTEE CHAIR.....WHOM SAID......IT CAME DOWN TA.......WILDCATS WIN OVERAH GA. SOUFFERN...(FBS)......xsighx.....AWK!

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 22nd, 2017, 06:56 AM
.....IT'S IN POST....#177.......T'WAS DUH COMMITTEE CHAIR.....WHOM SAID......IT CAME DOWN TA.......WILDCATS WIN OVERAH GA. SOUFFERN...(FBS)......xsighx.....AWK!

So I guess the take away is that if your AD is ringing the phone off the hook of bad FBS squad they're not doing their job....and the never ending thread will be about them next year.

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2017, 07:07 AM
So I guess the take away is that if your AD is ringing the phone off the hook of bad FBS squad they're not doing their job....and the never ending thread will be about them next year.

.....NAW.....TAKEAWAY.........COMMITTEE........... ...CHANGES DUH RULES......TA FIT UH...MEMBER'S AGENDA....xsighx....BRAWK!

bluehenbillk
November 22nd, 2017, 07:34 AM
I guess the ole saying is true, "if you can't beat them then join them". UD is definitely turning into the Nova "whine" and cheese crowd..... C'mon guys let it go.

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2017, 07:39 AM
I’m sure the UNH AD is a honorable guy, but when it’s close I’m sure those ADs find a way to get their buddies in.

Its human nature. They work on this & are joint at the hip year - after- year. As long as humans are part of the process there is going to be these situations. It’s still better than the computers picking the field. IMHO.

Hopefully my Cats are back in the mix next season. We all know you have to be substantially better than the team representing the CAA on this committee. That’s the bottom line. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2017, 07:44 AM
I guess the ole saying is true, "if you can't beat them then join them". UD is definitely turning into the Nova "whine" and cheese crowd..... C'mon guys let it go.

You should probably let a sleeping Cat lay at rest.

We own the supposed “football” school in our so-called rivalry, 6 straight, 11 of 12 & 29 of 51. Hard to whine when you are the arse kicker not the kicked!!

Maybe next season. 28-7 & we were a dead team walking. You had everything to play for. 28-7. Bemuhhaaaa!!!

Maybe AD Chrissy should ask the CAA to drop this annual beating.

Does Delaware beat Nova in any sport? xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2017, 07:55 AM

We own the supposed “football” school in our so-called rivalry, 6 straight, 11 of 12 & 29 of 51. Hard to whine when you are the arse kicker not the kicked!!

Maybe next season. 28-7 & we were a dead team walking. You had everything to play for. 28-7. Bemuhhaaaa!!!

Yes, Chinese Chicken Checkers

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2017, 08:08 AM

.....CAIN'T BEAT UH [email protected]/TAC/TOE...:p....BRAWK!

bluehenbillk
November 22nd, 2017, 08:31 AM

No qualms there, VU is UD's daddy.

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2017, 08:34 AM
Yes, Chinese Chicken Checkers

haha. We’re heavily recruiting here.

Sorry carrib I had to put that wayward hen in his place.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my CAA posters. Friend or Foe!! xpeacex

Mattymc727
November 22nd, 2017, 08:39 AM
Is a UD fan going to post about how the team is super pissed about this and how they are going to own the weight room all off season and destroy everybody next year? I think that would be nice closure.

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2017, 08:44 AM
haha. We’re heavily recruiting here.

Sorry carrib I had to put that wayward hen in his place.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my CAA posters. Friend or Foe!! xpeacex

It appears our football players don't get there feathers all ruffled up like our aging fans do with Nova, and the only saving grace is despite your dominance over Delaware only a few bus loads of Nova football fans care about it thank goodness....

I have a sneaking suspicion Sean Devine might of been the fox in the Henhouse last Saturday, who else would know how to attack any weakness on the Delaware defense? seems like Nova had a plan right from the outset and knew something...... took us mentally right out of the game from the outset it appears

but I didn't see it only making stuff up .... haha

Mattymc727
November 22nd, 2017, 08:50 AM
This was fun!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?178332-UND-Is-Going-to-Smash-Teams-Next-Year&highlight=weight+room

POD Knows
November 22nd, 2017, 09:17 AM
Is a UD fan going to post about how the team is super pissed about this and how they are going to own the weight room all off season and destroy everybody next year? I think that would be nice closure.xlmaox

kalm
November 22nd, 2017, 12:31 PM

There was very little consistency across the board. E.G. SUU #4 SRS, Wofford #17. Nichols with one good win over McNeese who was not good enough to get in at 9-2. Several more examples. SAC not even mentioned with a better win, better losses, tougher SoS than either UD or UNH.

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2017, 01:21 PM
It appears our football players don't get there feathers all ruffled up like our aging fans do with Nova, and the only saving grace is despite your dominance over Delaware only a few bus loads of Nova football fans care about it thank goodness....

I have a sneaking suspicion Sean Devine might of been the fox in the Henhouse last Saturday, who else would know how to attack any weakness on the Delaware defense? seems like Nova had a plan right from the outset and knew something...... took us mentally right out of the game from the outset it appears

Yes. Very lonely in the jungle. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2017, 01:26 PM

Highly doubtful any of our offensive coaches had much to do with it, but if anyone did it would probably be Devine. I think it’s more about Delaware’s defense (overrated er hum) than Nova’s offense.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2017, 02:15 PM
There was very little consistency across the board. E.G. SUU #4 SRS, Wofford #17. Nichols with one good win over McNeese who was not good enough to get in at 9-2. Several more examples. SAC not even mentioned with a better win, better losses, tougher SoS than either UD or UNH.

I agree. I was just wondering if there was a quote where they said that they only used the SRS for the other conferences. It wasn’t debating if they did a good job, just if his statement was factual.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 22nd, 2017, 02:30 PM

And Sean Devine used to work at UNH....with.....wait for it....Marty Scaranoxeekx

DTP2
November 23rd, 2017, 04:12 PM
Amazes me that the NCAA still votes teams into the playoffs when simple rules would do.

UD77
November 26th, 2017, 10:32 AM

Funny you mention Tubby. He used to call the Div 2 playoffs the "Marshall Invitational" because they hosted every game that they played including the finals. Kind of like having a member on the selection committee that is such a homer. My view of this situation... for what it is worth.
UD did not deserve to get in based on their play this year crapping the bed with a loss to Towson and Nova, they win one of these games and they are in. The other losses were actually to the JMU (#1 currently) and to a top 20 FBS team and Va Tech put a lot more points up on other FBS teams than they did to UD. It was a pretty well played game. Head to head competition comparisons. UD beat Stoney Brook and Albany, lost by one to Towson. UNH lost to Albany & Stoney Brook and beat Towson. UNH lost to a Div 2 team. The rest of the schedule can be debated but UD's SofS was rated higher. Based on the above it is hard to place UNH above UD (BUT I don't think UD should be in and I don't think they would go far). Better that a team with a better record (funny how the SofS can be used against a 9-2 team not being in, but UD's SofS doesn't count) should get in and try to prove that they belong. I think the CAA should remove him from the CAA selection committee for the obvious issues over the last 14 years (not all are undeserved) but because UNH is a FOOTBALL only member of the CAA. The CAA should appoint a member that is a full member of the CAA. I am pretty sure that no one said the guy should be fired just removed from the committee. AND UD's coach did sound like a spoiled child.

FCS/CAA
November 27th, 2017, 03:59 PM
What D2 school did UNH lose to??

th0m
November 27th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Amazes me that the NCAA still votes teams into the playoffs when simple rules would do.

Please expand on these simple rules.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 27th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Funny you mention Tubby. He used to call the Div 2 playoffs the "Marshall Invitational" because they hosted every game that they played including the finals. Kind of like having a member on the selection committee that is such a homer. My view of this situation... for what it is worth.
UD did not deserve to get in based on their play this year crapping the bed with a loss to Towson and Nova, they win one of these games and they are in. The other losses were actually to the JMU (#1 currently) and to a top 20 FBS team and Va Tech put a lot more points up on other FBS teams than they did to UD. It was a pretty well played game. Head to head competition comparisons. UD beat Stoney Brook and Albany, lost by one to Towson. UNH lost to Albany & Stoney Brook and beat Towson. UNH lost to a Div 2 team. The rest of the schedule can be debated but UD's SofS was rated higher. Based on the above it is hard to place UNH above UD (BUT I don't think UD should be in and I don't think they would go far). Better that a team with a better record (funny how the SofS can be used against a 9-2 team not being in, but UD's SofS doesn't count) should get in and try to prove that they belong. I think the CAA should remove him from the CAA selection committee for the obvious issues over the last 14 years (not all are undeserved) but because UNH is a FOOTBALL only member of the CAA. The CAA should appoint a member that is a full member of the CAA. I am pretty sure that no one said the guy should be fired just removed from the committee. AND UD's coach did sound like a spoiled child.

I thought Lehigh could have taken them. In retrospect, this in and of itself was a very good reason to keep them out.

dwtime
November 27th, 2017, 09:58 PM
I thought Lehigh could have taken them. In retrospect, this in and of itself was a very good reason to keep them out.

I'm pretty sure you probably said something like that last year (cough 64-21 cough) so, yeah....no.

FCS/CAA
December 2nd, 2017, 07:06 PM
Where are all the UNH bashers now??

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2017, 07:17 PM

Scarano Got them some new cement shoes.

thebootfitter
December 2nd, 2017, 09:07 PM
Hey, congratulations to the team. They were given an opportunity that they arguably didn't deserve, but they are making the best of it. Good on them!

I have no doubt that there are at least a couple other teams that were left at home that could have made a little noise in the playoffs too. Happens every year.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2017, 09:16 PM
This thread is not aging well

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 09:30 PM
This thread is not aging well
Must have something to do with Scarano apparently being right?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2017, 09:58 PM
Personally I don't know how Scarano was able to burst through the line and sack Hayden Hildebrand

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2017, 10:01 PM
I can't believe Marty Scarano poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses!

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
December 2nd, 2017, 11:00 PM

Well let's be serious. In retrospect the ones who got screwed here are Stony Brook. They finished 2nd in the conference and beat UNH and were rewarded by playing the #1 team in the nation while UNH was the team that got rewarded with a path of CCSU and UCA. How?

Schism55
December 2nd, 2017, 11:01 PM
The Fightin' Martys keep rolling on!

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2017, 06:56 AM
Well let's be serious. In retrospect the ones who got screwed here are Stony Brook. They finished 2nd in the conference and beat UNH and were rewarded by playing the #1 team in the nation while UNH was the team that got rewarded with a path of CCSU and UCA. How?

.....ASK MARTY...........BRAWK!!

kalm
December 3rd, 2017, 08:08 AM
Hey, congratulations to the team. They were given an opportunity that they arguably didn't deserve, but they are making the best of it. Good on them!

I have no doubt that there are at least a couple other teams that were left at home that could have made a little noise in the playoffs too. Happens every year.

No way man! We are asked all season to consider entire resumes and strength of schedule, account for when losses occur, recognize favorable matchups and motivations (SDSU isn't that good but they always play the Bizon tough) etc. But now, these one game scenarios totally prove something! xlolx

The SLC goes 1-2, all home games, against the Valley #5 (twice) and the CAA #4 without their QB.

#3 JSU, a defensive oriented, power rushing team gets out defensed and out rushed at home.

Wofford doubles their quality win total with.........another win over Furman.

The committee is totally vindicated!!!xlolx

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 08:11 AM

https://media.tenor.com/images/e3ea19df9a072d2037782fe53e637b54/tenor.gif

iBOsbu
December 3rd, 2017, 08:13 AM

This! Agreed.. while I root for any CAA teams in the playoffs and congrats UNH on the nice win against UCA... we, Seawolves, shouldn't have been playing #1 team. Oh well.. I hope JMU wins all the way, so that we can say that we lost to the champions.

Terry2889
December 3rd, 2017, 09:01 AM

Delaware would be heading home for the winter this morning if they had made it in.... Just sayin'

GoBlueHens83
December 3rd, 2017, 09:34 AM
Delaware would be heading home for the winter this morning if they had made it in.... Just sayin'

Not if we got to play a Soutland team too. xnodx

Gangtackle11
December 3rd, 2017, 09:38 AM

Delaware heads home when they see the Nova band in the parking lot!! xpeacex

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2017, 09:45 AM
Delaware heads home when they see the Nova band in the parking lot!! xpeacex

no Hen fan can disagree with that, I thought with Talley retired Delaware could get past whatever it is that makes this a true statement

Gangtackle11
December 3rd, 2017, 09:49 AM
no Hen fan can disagree with that, I thought with Talley retired Delaware could get past whatever it is that makes this a true statement

Its bound to change. It’s the only Wildcat positive from an otherwise lousy season. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
December 3rd, 2017, 10:10 AM
I’m disappointing in Marty. The CAA is playing these MVFC matchups on the road more than to my liking. He needs to get these guys out of there friendly confines. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2017, 10:13 AM
I’m disappointing in Marty. The CAA is playing these MVFC matchups on the road more than to my liking. He needs to get these guys out of there friendly confines. xpeacex

Yes, maybe we'll get the South Dakota State vs JMU match up, will be good to see a Valley team on the east coast for once

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2017, 10:15 AM
Not if we got to play a Soutland team too. xnodx

To think, Jay Walker wanted McNeese in over UNH xlolx

Gangtackle11
December 3rd, 2017, 10:36 AM
To think, Jay Walker wanted McNeese in over UNH xlolx

I expected more from the SLC. Losing to the 4th best CAA team this season with a backup RS frosh QB in most of the game doesn’t pass the smell test.

The committee should put the SLC on a tight lease & send the champ only until they beef up their OOC and prove they deserve more. xpeacex

Good to see SLC runner up Sammy take down the team from the “deep” conference. You take the man out of the CAA, but not the CAA out of the man. Good job KC. xlolx

Redbird 4th & short
May 8th, 2018, 09:19 PM

Marty Scarano is still serving on this committee. They had a meeting on Feb 23rd, and he dialed in. I'm not happy to see UNH AD Scarano still on committee. Also not happy the MVFC rep didn't bother to dial in to this call. Though it was not like much was being discussed.

Why is UNH AD Scarano still on this list .. UNH is the only FCS team to make playoffs each of the last 14 years, AND to always make playoffs at 7-4. No other team can claim that. Then they draw some bad autobid from Patriot or NEC .. and make the round of 16, as if that weak-ass win proves they belonged .. then usually get smoked in round of 16.

He needs to go !!!

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Feb2018DIMFB_REPORTFCSFootballConfCall2-23-18_FINAL_20180315.pdf

February 23, 2018, Teleconference

Attendees: Chuck Burch, Gardner-Webb University; Big South Conference Richard Johnson, Wofford College; Southern Conference Tim Murray, Marist College; Pioneer League Nathan Pine, College of the Holy Cross; The Patriot League Marty Scarano, University of New Hampshire; Colonial Athletic Association Greg Seitz, Jacksonville State University; Ohio Valley Conference Brad Teague, University of Central Arkansas; Southland Conference Jeff Tingey, Idaho State University; Big Sky Conference

Absentees: Kyle Moats, Missouri State University; Missouri Valley Football Conference Bill Smith, Bryant University; Northeast Conference

Other Attendees: Stanley Broaden, NCAA; Randy L. Buhr, NCAA; J.D. Hamilton, NCAA; Natalie Steger, NCAA;and Chad Tolliver, NCAA

F'N Hawks
May 8th, 2018, 10:10 PM
Marty Scarano is still serving on this committee. They had a meeting on Feb 23rd, and he dialed in. I'm not happy to see UNH AD Scarano still on committee. Also not happy the MVFC rep didn't bother to dial in to this call. Though it was not like much was being discussed.

Why is UNH AD Scarano still on this list .. UNH is the only FCS team to make playoffs each of the last 14 years, AND to always make playoffs at 7-4. No other team can claim that. Then they draw some bad autobid from Patriot or NEC .. and make the round of 16, as if that weak-ass win proves they belonged .. then usually get smoked in round of 16.

He needs to go !!!

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Feb2018DIMFB_REPORTFCSFootballConfCall2-23-18_FINAL_20180315.pdf

Attendees: Chuck Burch, Gardner-Webb University; Big South Conference Richard Johnson, Wofford College; Southern Conference Tim Murray, Marist College; Pioneer League Nathan Pine, College of the Holy Cross; The Patriot League Marty Scarano, University of New Hampshire; Colonial Athletic Association Greg Seitz, Jacksonville State University; Ohio Valley Conference Brad Teague, University of Central Arkansas; Southland Conference Jeff Tingey, Idaho State University; Big Sky Conference

Absentees: Kyle Moats, Missouri State University; Missouri Valley Football Conference Bill Smith, Bryant University; Northeast Conference

Other Attendees: Stanley Broaden, NCAA; Randy L. Buhr, NCAA; J.D. Hamilton, NCAA; Natalie Steger, NCAA;and Chad Tolliver, NCAA

IIRC, 2015 was the year where he really strapped on the knee pads tight.

UNHWildcat18
May 9th, 2018, 06:35 AM

He needs to go !!!

Honestly will you just shut the **** up?

2004 Quarterfinal (lost to finalist) 47-17 lost to montana= okay blowout
2005 Quarterfinal (lost to finalist) 700 yards of offense and 7 turnovers in our worst possible game, lost to 24-21 to UNI= not a blowout
2006 Quarterfinal (lost to finalist) lost to Umass who went to finals 24-17= not a blowout
2007 Firstround (lost to quarterfinalist) lost in a last second TD to the 1 seed UNI 38-35= not a blowout
2008 Quarterfinal (lost to semifinalist) lost at UNI again to a last second score 26-34 = not a blowout
2009 Quarterfinal (Lost to champ) lost to the champ villanova in the snowbowl 46-7= blowout
2010 Quarterfinal (lost to finalist) lost 16-3 to delaware who lost in last min of finals = not really a blowout
2011 Second Round (Lost to quarterfinalist) lost to montana state 26-25 due to a missed pat at the end of game= not a blowout
2012 Second Round (lost to quarterfinalist) lost to wofford 23-7 bad game bad year= blowout i guess
2013 Semi Finals (Lost to champs) got crushed like many first timers in the fargodome 52-14=blowout
2014 Semi Finals (lost to finalists) lost to you guys (after losing 6 starters in game) in the last 4 min of the 4th 21-18= not a blowout
2015 First Round (lost to quarterfinalist) bad year, lost to colgate 27-20= not a blowout
2016 Second Round(lost to champs) lost to champs 55-22 = blowout
2017 Quarterfinals (lost to semifinalist) lost to SDSU 56-14= blowout

We've been over this, yes 2011,2012 and 2015 I think were the three questionable years that didn't go well for UNH in the playoffs. Last year all you fat ****ers did was cry and moan like babies over UNH getting in. We beat the ****ing Southland Champ last year in the playoffs. It's not our fault that we are from the northeast and the 400 mile range when it comes playoff times limits the teams that play in the northeast, sorry for also having a better ****ing place to host games than all NEC and most PL teams. Marty isn't in the ****ing room when UNH and the CAA teams are being considered for at larges. What do you think he is doing slipping ****ing Abraham Lincoln's and coupons to applebees?

We make the playoff every year because we have a 7-4(5-3CAA) record or better in the the best FCS conference 2000-2010, and the second best conference 2010-2017.

So our biggest 5 loses in the playoffs. JMU 2016 Champs NDSU 2013 Champs Villanova 2009 Champs 2004 Runner up Montana 2004 and SDSU who made the semifinals 2017.

So stop with this utter bull****, I think its more frustration that ISUr has been kicking themselves in the nuts the last 3 years

MR. CHICKEN
May 9th, 2018, 07:16 AM

He needs to go !!!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27571&stc=1.......CAIN'T HAVE UH MEETIN'.....WHIFF-OUT....OL' MARTY........HE BRINGS DUH ......MAPLE DOUGH-NUTS......ONE UH DECIDIN' FACTORS......LIKE STRENGTH UH SKED.......AN'......HIGH BIDDIN'...........BRAWK!

POD Knows
May 9th, 2018, 07:19 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27571&stc=1.......CAIN'T HAVE UH MEETIN'.....WHIFF-OUT....OL' MARTY........HE BRINGS DUH ......MAPLE DOUGH-NUTS......ONE UH DECIDIN' FACTORS......LIKE STRENGTH UH SKED.......AN'......HIGH BIDDIN'...........BRAWK!
Does he put bacon on his maple doughnuts. If so, NH should get a seed every year regardless of record.

UNHWildcat18
May 9th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Does he put bacon on his maple doughnuts. If so, NH should get a seed every year regardless of record.

If there's two things NH is good at it's A)not reaching the FCS finals, and B) making maple/cider donuts

Redbird 4th & short
May 9th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Honestly will you just shut the **** up?

........ I think its more frustration that ISUr has been kicking themselves in the nuts the last 3 years

No, I won't.

Name one other team that always makes playoffs at 7-4 without fail the last 14 years ASD Scarano has served on selection committee ... just name one team and the # of times they got in at 7-4 ??

Last year, Delaware met all the same criteria you cited above playing very similar but tougher schedule and won by greater margins than UNH ... so you can remove them from you search .. .I'll wait for your response.

Last year, you drew weak autobid CCSU, playing without their stud QB, and were up 7 going well into 4th qtr. Then played a UCA team who's coach was already one foot out the door after signing a 3 year extension in Jan 2017, was rumored to be leaving UCA for South Alabama BEFORE you win .. did in fact get signed just 5 days after your win. Then you got destroyed by 42 points against SDSU in round of 8.

As for my ISUr, we took same SDSU team into overtime on road with a back up QB in week 10.

It is fine if you want to defend your guy .. but there is no way this doesn't smell a lot like quid pro quo to any objective outsider. Hoping to have that beer with Rocco .. you can bet he has heard and seen a lot over the years.

p.s. circa 2011 .. EKU $$$$$

UNHWildcat18
May 9th, 2018, 09:38 AM
No, I won't.

Name one other team that always makes playoffs at 7-4 without fail the last 14 years ASD Scarano has served on selection committee ... just name one team and the # of times they got in at 7-4 ??

Last year, Delaware met all the same criteria you cited above playing very similar but tougher schedule and won by greater margins than UNH ... so you can remove them from you search .. .I'll wait for your response.

Last year, you drew weak autobid CCSU, playing without their stud QB, and were up 7 going well into 4th qtr. Then played a UCA team who's coach was already one foot out the door after signing a 3 year extension in Jan 2017, was rumored to be leaving UCA for South Alabama BEFORE you win .. did in fact get signed just 5 days after your win. Then you got destroyed by 42 points against SDSU in round of 8.

As for my ISUr, we took same SDSU team into overtime on road with a back up QB in week 10.

It is fine if you want to defend your guy .. but there is no way this doesn't smell a lot like quid pro quo to any objective outsider. Hoping to have that beer with Rocco .. you can bet he has heard and seen a lot over the years.

p.s. circa 2011 .. EKU $$$$$

Your argument comes down to 7-4 teams but you forget conference strength, CAA and MVFC have been getting a nod due to the fact we are stronger than the SLC or Big south or MEAC so of course their 7-4 teams have a much harder chance.

Yes we tied with Delaware in the standings, They didn't win by greater margins, im not going to compare every game writing it out, its simple enough to just look at. I honestly think its the FBS win that got us in over them. (yes I know GSU sucks)

Also get out of here with your excuses. CCSU came to play and we struggled to find the right plays in the redzone. Oh sure the coach was out the door, that definitely stops the DC and OC from doing their job. This team had the talent to win the SLC, and we beat them with a BACKUP QB, so dont give me that excuse of coaches mentally gone.

OH WOW YOU TOOK IT TO SDSU who you play every year. guess what yes our UNH team got our **** rocked at SDSU who then went to JMU WHO WE LOST TO 21-0 AND GOT THEIR **** KICKED IN 51-16. that whole we played vs they played argument is invalid in situations like this. JMU was to lucky even beat us 21-0 this game, two turnovers in the redzone(one in endzone) and a fumble return for a TD. Game could have been 14-14 going into the 4th. It's called any given saturday for a reason. If SDSU was so ****ing good they wouldn't have lost so bad to JMU.

Don't get me wrong until we beat CCSU and UCA this year I get the argument that we might not have deserved to be in for 2012,2015, and 2017(pre playoff games).

Redbird 4th & short
May 9th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Your argument comes down to 7-4 teams but you forget conference strength, CAA and MVFC have been getting a nod due to the fact we are stronger than the SLC or Big south or MEAC so of course their 7-4 teams have a much harder chance.

Yes we tied with Delaware in the standings, They didn't win by greater margins, im not going to compare every game writing it out, its simple enough to just look at. I honestly think its the FBS win that got us in over them. (yes I know GSU sucks)

Also get out of here with your excuses. CCSU came to play and we struggled to find the right plays in the redzone. Oh sure the coach was out the door, that definitely stops the DC and OC from doing their job. This team had the talent to win the SLC, and we beat them with a BACKUP QB, so dont give me that excuse of coaches mentally gone.

OH WOW YOU TOOK IT TO SDSU who you play every year. guess what yes our UNH team got our **** rocked at SDSU who then went to JMU WHO WE LOST TO 21-0 AND GOT THEIR **** KICKED IN 51-16. that whole we played vs they played argument is invalid in situations like this. JMU was to lucky even beat us 21-0 this game, two turnovers in the redzone(one in endzone) and a fumble return for a TD. Game could have been 14-14 going into the 4th. It's called any given saturday for a reason. If SDSU was so ****ing good they wouldn't have lost so bad to JMU.

Don't get me wrong until we beat CCSU and UCA this year I get the argument that we might not have deserved to be in for 2012,2015, and 2017(pre playoff games).

You do realize those 2 statements are 100% conflicting as rationalizing losses goes .. right ???

SDSU QB had 6 picks and 3 fumbles .. never happened to him before .. not even close, despite playing the 2nd toughest SOS in FCS. Same team with QB who was only team to beat NDSU in 2017 ... who beat the same JMU team that was "lucky even to beat you 21-0, two turnovers ... fumble return for TD. Game could have been .... ". I guess in your world, some teams unusual turnovers get mulligans, while others don't ? Even though SDSU turnover issue was far more unusual than UNH. Very selective of you ....

GreenGlasses
May 9th, 2018, 03:00 PM
New Hampshire may have made the playoffs 14 years in a row but they have yet to reach the title game which is kinda pathetic if you ask me. Also in that 14 year stretch they have only made the simis twice, getting blown out by NDSU 52-14 and losing to Illinois State 21-18.

mmiller_34
May 9th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Since SDSU is being discussed I'll just put this out there.

On the day SDSU played JMU, JMU was really good.

On the day SDSU played UNH, SDSU was really good.

SDSU is a good team, UNH is a good team, Ill State is a good team.

Sometimes good teams beat each other.

katss07
May 9th, 2018, 06:01 PM
Since SDSU is being discussed I'll just put this out there.

On the day SDSU played JMU, JMU was really good.

On the day SDSU played UNH, SDSU was really good.

SDSU is a good team, UNH is a good team, Ill State is a good team.

Sometimes good teams beat each other.
Ironic, was this said about the Kats when NDSU took us to the shed again?

There were much worse options then UNH. Can anyone justify Monmouth? They were technically a playoff team but they probably shouldn’t have been. UNH is a good team with a bright future. They have a chance to be pretty special in the CAA this season.

KPSUL
May 9th, 2018, 08:35 PM
No, I won't.
but there is no way this doesn't smell a lot like quid pro quo to any objective outsider. Hoping to have that beer with Rocco .. you can bet he has heard and seen a lot over the years.

Which you are not. No one thinking objectively would question the legitimacy of a playoff team that made it to the Quarterfinals and beat a senior laden #4 seed to get there.

Professor Chaos
May 10th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Ironic, was this said about the Kats when NDSU took us to the shed again?

There were much worse options then UNH. Can anyone justify Monmouth? They were technically a playoff team but they probably shouldn’t have been. UNH is a good team with a bright future. They have a chance to be pretty special in the CAA this season.
Or Northern Arizona. At least Monmouth got dumptrucked on the road against a team that gives out scholarships. Even on Selection Sunday I thought Nicholls was a more eyebrow raising at-large inclusion than UNH was but, like UNH, they proved that they were more deserving than some others than made it without much criticism like Monmouth and NAU.

UNHWildcat18
May 10th, 2018, 11:13 AM
New Hampshire may have made the playoffs 14 years in a row but they have yet to reach the title game which is kinda pathetic if you ask me. Also in that 14 year stretch they have only made the simis twice, getting blown out by NDSU 52-14 and losing to Illinois State 21-18.

Pathetic compared to what? never making the playoffs like most teams? Id rather watch my team play in the post season every year and not win a championship then to be like oh another season another 5 home games and we'll be home for thanksgiving. We are leaps and bounds above most programs, we just need to take the final step which is more than most teams can say. We also have had the worst facilities compared to the other consistent playoff teams over the last 15 years so other teams must be even more pathetic huh?

UNHWildcat18
May 10th, 2018, 11:24 AM
You do realize those 2 statements are 100% conflicting as rationalizing losses goes .. right ???

SDSU QB had 6 picks and 3 fumbles .. never happened to him before .. not even close, despite playing the 2nd toughest SOS in FCS. Same team with QB who was only team to beat NDSU in 2017 ... who beat the same JMU team that was "lucky even to beat you 21-0, two turnovers ... fumble return for TD. Game could have been .... ". I guess in your world, some teams unusual turnovers get mulligans, while others don't ? Even though SDSU turnover issue was far more unusual than UNH. Very selective of you ....

I apologize I should try to clarify, its any given Saturday for the fact good teams can show up or not or have a horrid day with uncharacteristic turnovers. The point of saying if SDSU was so good they wouldn't have lost so bad to JMU, I should have stated beforehand "with your logic" because you seem to think teams just suck ass if they lose badly regardless of factors. You said UNH is overrrated and ****ty yet they played a much more competitive game than SDSU did against JMU.